15.11.12 @ 10:10
EU-Asia relations have become increasingly important in recent times. As one of the world’s most dynamic regions, Asia now offers more opportunities and challenges to Europe than ever before.
02.05.12 @ 10:21
A new book considers the evolution of language as a divisive force culturally, economically, politically, and socially in Belgium since independence.
18.04.12 @ 12:24
While the debate about Turkey's accession focuses on the desirability of admitting a country that many seem to regard as ill-suited for EU entry, the economic contribution that Turkey can bring to the EU is completely overlooked.
News in Brief
- IMF: Cyprus should return to growth in 2015
- Eurozone bank 'stress tests' delayed until next year
- Westerwelle in Serbia and Kosovo to speed up deal
- Merkel: Hollande's euro government idea 'interesting'
- Schaeuble blames EU commission for inaction on youth unemployment
- Germany buries Eurohawk drone project
- European jihadists in Syria spook Germany
- China wants EU to drop telecoms probe
- Russia positions warships near Syria
- Bizarre twist in Bulgaria election drama
Equality & LGBTI Rights
- EU ministers urge Reding to do more for gay rights
- Targeted action requires clear plan … LGBTI issues are no different
- Report: sexual minorities in EU face hate speech, violence and discrimination
- Bulgaria and Italy trail in EU on gay rights legislation
- 'Changing gender should be as easy as changing car numberplate'
- Equality and LGBTI Rights
- Reding should 'stick neck out' on gay rights
- Same-sex marriage underlines social change in Ireland
- Airline worker's rights breached by crucifix ban, court says
- Gay rights is EU entry criterion, Brussels says
Very private security
- Controversial British firm wins EU security job in Gaza
- Very private security
- EUobserver investigative reports
- InvestigationEU men with guns: a comedy of errors
- Security firm wins EU contract despite tax problem
- About Andrew Rettman
- EU bins security contract, annoys Libya
- EU to spend €50mn on private security in Afghanistan
- Question marks over EU contract for Libya security firm
- Ashton to spend €15mn on private security firms
- AgendaEU leaders discuss energy and tax next WEEK17'th @ 18:36
- Culture to get special treatment in US trade talks, Barroso says17'th @ 09:30
- Europeans expect bleak future, survey finds17'th @ 09:28
- Hollande calls for euro government to beat recession17'th @ 09:25
- AnalysisCold War politics hang over EU shale gas revolution17'th @ 09:21
- EU sets timeline for single telecoms market17'th @ 09:05
- Greens launch US-style primary for EU top jobs17'th @ 09:01
- Protests as Germany opens giant Barbie house17'th @ 08:57
- FocusEU ministers urge Reding to do more for gay rights17'th @ 08:24
- Response to Hungary is test for EU16'th @ 17:21
- Confederation of Swedish Enterprise: State of the union – Where is the EU heading?
- ACCA: ACCA encourages EU leaders to be bold in the fight against tax fraud and evasion
- EIPA: Practical Tools for Implementation of EU Policies at the National Level: Modules 1 and 2 Luxembourg, 24-27 September 2013
- ACCA: Future of IFRS: what purpose(s) do we want annual accounts to serve?
- businessfruit: Think on Your Feet. Write, Speak, Present with Impact. Join the Academy: 24-26 June, Brussels.
- AEBIOM: Join the 4th AEBIOM Bioenergy Conference organized by the European Biomass Association on 17-19 June, Brussels
- EIPA: European e-Justice and practical solutions - Beginners level: Luxembourg, 23 May 2013. Advanced level: Luxembourg, 24 May 2013
- The untold story of Libya's Mahmud GebrilInside Arab Spring
- U-turn, please!Another Look
- Going against fears in AmericaGlobal challenges
- About spin and DIYAnother Look
- The capture of tax haven Ireland: "the bankers, hedge funds got virtually everything they wanted"Escape from Europe
- The year in picturesSuper Commuter
- Not the Jihadists but we are the problemInside Arab Spring
- Whose idea was this?Another Look
- Across the Atlantic, another take on riskGlobal challenges
- The Caspian Arms RaceWider Black Sea