11.03.14 @ 21:41
Verdi, a German trade union which triggered the only successful European Citizens' Initiative so far, is throwing its weight behind a new project on press freedom.
11.03.14 @ 09:08
11.03.14 @ 08:36
10.03.14 @ 09:30
10.03.14 @ 09:28
11.03.14 @ 18:33
The EU commission has offered to drop import duties for most Ukrainian goods to save Ukrainian businesses €500 million a year.
10.03.14 @ 18:09
Polish leader Donald Tusk has said Germany should reduce its gas dependence on Russia for the sake of EU foreign policy.
11.03.14 @ 09:26
Russian oligarch-turned-dissident Mikhail Khodorkovsky has said the Kremlin “fears” the Ukrainian revolution, but warned Ukraine not to expect too much help from the West.
11.03.14 @ 18:38
A draft bill designed to crack down on money laundering and fraud has been backed by a vast majority of MEPs in Strasbourg.
11.03.14 @ 09:39
The governor of the Cypriot central bank has resigned after being investigated over a secret deal he negotiated with an American consultancy firm in connection with his country's bailout.
11.03.14 @ 11:00
Six people taking were injured on Saturday in the Swedish town of Malmoe after an attack linked to far-right groups.
10.03.14 @ 09:29
EU foreign affairs chief Catherine Ashton has offered to work more closely with Iran on human rights and drugs trafficking on her first visit to the country.
07.03.14 @ 17:56
EU centre-right leaders, including Merkel, have given the strongest support so far to Ukraine's hopes to one day join the EU.
07.03.14 @ 19:12
The centre-right EPP has chosen Juncker, an EU politics veteran and former head of the Eurogroup, as its top candidate for the European Commission.
07.03.14 @ 09:19
Ukrainian opposition leaders Tymoshenko and Klitschko warned centre-right EU leaders against letting Russia invade their country.
10.03.14 @ 09:30
A group of MEPs has written to EU commission chief Barroso asking for the resignation of the Estonian commissioner, Siim Kallas, who is leading political negotiations for the Prime Minister post back home.
07.03.14 @ 19:04
Former US intelligence contractor Edward Snowden wants asylum in Europe.
06.03.14 @ 20:15
EU leaders have frozen talks on visa-free travel with Russia and threatened asset freezes and economic sanctions if the situation in Ukraine gets worse.
07.03.14 @ 09:28
Harsh treatment of people who expose corruption is a deterrent for others to step forward, says Transparency International.
News in Brief
- Austria and Luxembourg move on bank secrecy11'th @ 21:39
- Finance ministers try meeting EP half way on banking union11'th @ 21:38
- ECB publishes bank review rulebook11'th @ 21:38
- EU leaders to commemorate outbreak of WWI11'th @ 18:23
- EU summit to call for action on Russian gas11'th @ 15:31
- EU trade deal to save Ukraine €500mn a year11'th @ 15:26
- Moldova may be next on Russia's list, says MEP11'th @ 12:58
- Sweden condemns far-right violence11'th @ 09:17
- New EU citizens' appeal targets press freedom11'th @ 21:41
- MEPs vote to pierce secrecy of trusts in anti-money laundering bill11'th @ 18:38
- First part of EU-Ukraine treaty to enter into life in June11'th @ 18:33
- EU ElectionsSix people injured after violence linked to Swedish far-right11'th @ 11:00
- Cyprus central bank governor resigns11'th @ 09:39
- Khodorkovsky: Putin fears Ukraine 'revolution'11'th @ 09:26
- EU ElectionsFrom boots to suits: Sweden Democrats' extreme roots11'th @ 09:08
- OpinionFrance and Germany should stop arms sales to Russia11'th @ 08:36
- Oxfam: Minding the gender gap in EU overseas aid
- EIPA: Efficiency and Quality of Justice Luxembourg, 27-28 March 2014
- COFACE: and COFACE-Disability on the occasion of International Women’s Day
- Irradiare: EU workshop on biomethane – markets, value chains and applications
- Counter Balance: Take a virtual lobby tour through the heart of the EU
- EMHRN: International Women’s Day: Violence rises, impunity prevails
- EuFoA: Latest paper "EU-Armenia relations: future developments & prospects" published
- Greenpeace: EU energy ministers should get back in the saddle on climate & energy policy
- SUPERHUB: Join us at CeBIT 2014 Hannover the largest fair showcasing IT and telecom solutions
- COFACE: Less than 100 days to go to #EP2014. Need more info ? Sign up for #FamiliesVOTE2014