22.09.14 @ 18:07
ECB chief Draghi has said he is prepared to use more unconventional measures to spur growth in the eurozone.
22.09.14 @ 18:02
21.09.14 @ 19:14
19.09.14 @ 15:04
17.09.14 @ 17:04
22.09.14 @ 09:24
British PM David Cameron is under fire from his own party and from the Labour opposition for having promised more powers to Scotland but being vague on similar devolution plans for England.
22.09.14 @ 09:20
An alleged plot to carry out an attack against the European Commission headquarters in Brussels has been uncovered by authorities.
19.09.14 @ 07:10
Voters in Scotland have said No to independence from the UK, but the intense campaigning and record-high turnout are models for separatist movements elsewhere in Europe.
22.09.14 @ 10:13
European governments need to "boost demand" in order to reduce unemployment and avoid deflation, the US Treasury secretary has told the G20 group.
19.09.14 @ 16:06
Catalan leader Artur Mas has said the Scottish referendum has reinforced his plan to hold a similar vote at home.
19.09.14 @ 09:32
Prime Minister David Cameron has promised more powers will be devolved to all parts of the UK while expressing his delight that Scotland voted to stay a part of the United Kingdom.
19.09.14 @ 09:30
Ukraine leader Poroshenko has warned the US that Europe is at risk of a “terrible … war”, but failed to get American weapons in return.
18.09.14 @ 09:29
Over 4 million people are to cast their vote in favour or against Scottish independence on Thursday, with Spain calling it a "torpedo" against EU integration.
17.09.14 @ 20:52
Outgoing EU commissioner for employment Laszlo Andor defended EU-wide efforts to tackle youth unemployment amid critical remarks from MEPs.
17.09.14 @ 09:20
American and British universities continue to dominate in the global rankings with the next best faculty in a EU member state trailing a distant 24.
17.09.14 @ 09:26
Palestinian people fleeing Israel’s occupation of Gaza were most of the victims in the Malta boat incident last week.
18.09.14 @ 09:28
Finland’s new PM, Stubb, is facing a coalition split over plans for a Russian-built nuclear plant.
16.09.14 @ 15:22
Ukraine has granted semi-autonomy to pro-Russia rebels, the same day as ratifying a strategic EU treaty.
16.09.14 @ 13:26
The EU is preparing to unveil new aid for fruit producers hit by the Russia food ban.
News in Brief
- Four million to study under new Erasmus programme22'nd @ 17:53
- French PM briefs Merkel on reforms22'nd @ 14:26
- EU commission says did not receive threat alert22'nd @ 12:35
- Anti-war protest in Moscow attracts thousands22'nd @ 12:35
- Turkey reacts to surge in Syria refugees22'nd @ 12:34
- Romanian leaders blame each other for being spies22'nd @ 09:56
- Sarkozy to run for UMP leadership22'nd @ 09:56
- Families of German MH17 victims to sue Ukraine22'nd @ 08:58
- ECB ready to use more "unconventional tools" to spur economy22'nd @ 18:07
- AnalysisFailure to launch: Is the ECB's tool-kit empty?22'nd @ 18:02
- FocusChronic Diseases22'nd @ 17:01
- FocusThe worrying state of Europeans' lungs22'nd @ 17:01
- FocusEU wakes up to its chronic disease problem22'nd @ 17:01
- FocusChronic diseases - the biggest killer in Europe22'nd @ 15:16
- Europe needs new stimulus to ward off crisis, US treasury warns22'nd @ 10:13
- OpinionISIS and the rise of Islamism: the bell also tolls for Europe22'nd @ 09:54
- EBF: European banks and Europol join forces to fight cybercrime
- MEP Dita Charanzová: Hearing on EU-Russia Sanctions: a new Trade Policy? 24/09, 13h.
- EMHRN: UN Commission on Syria recognises dangers facing human rights defenders
- EU-ASE: Business leaders push the Danish Government for ambitious energy savings
- Oxfam: Back to school
- CESI: Event: Working Time Directive – new term, new impetus? 25 September 2014, 1pm-3pm
- Martens Centre: Economic Ideas Forum 2014, 16-17 Oct in Bratislava, register now!
- EBF: Tax Conference to review G20 talks on Automatic Exchange
- EuFoA: Basque Parliament recognizes Nagorno-Karabakh self-determination
- Europeche: EU fishing sector demands responsible and committed future Commissioner