Today @ 07:25
A stormy EP hearing with Spain’s Canete on Wednesday ended with the Socialists seeking a delay on his approval, as part of a bigger confrontation between political groups.
01.10.14 @ 18:58
01.10.14 @ 08:51
30.09.14 @ 17:46
30.09.14 @ 11:18
Today @ 07:33
France has put itself on collision course with EU partners after rejecting calls to adopt further austerity measures to curb its budget deficit.
30.09.14 @ 17:52
EU economics commissioner Pierre Moscovici will have to share his powers on national budgets with fiscal hawk and commission vice-president Valdis Dombrovskis.
30.09.14 @ 19:07
Dimitris Avramopoulos, the incoming Greek EU commissioner for migration and home affairs, wants foreign EU embassies to allow people to apply for asylum.
01.10.14 @ 21:19
MEPs have summoned the UK’s European Commission nominee, Jonathan Hill, to a second hearing amid concerns on Banking Union and Eurobonds.
01.10.14 @ 09:49
EU countries have upheld Russia sanctions for now, but there is growing feeling that a frozen conflict is better than heavy fighting.
01.10.14 @ 09:21
The European Central Bank is set to change its rules to allow it to buy asset-backed securities with junk ratings issued by Greek and Cypriot banks, according to a report by the Financial Times.
30.09.14 @ 20:12
The EU’s next neighbourhood commissioner was tougher than expected on Russia at his EU parliament hearing on Tuesday.
30.09.14 @ 09:29
Juncker has defended his decision to shift the health technology and pharmaceutical policy services back to the more lobby-friendly internal market directorate.
30.09.14 @ 10:32
The EU’s incoming digital commissioner, Gunther Oettinger, emphasised infrastructure as key to Europe’s so-called digital economy at a hearing with MEPs on Monday.
29.09.14 @ 18:19
EU commissioner for home affairs Cecilia Malmstrom on Monday rejected allegations she colluded with the Americans to water down EU data protection rules.
30.09.14 @ 17:45
Ireland's tax arrangement with software giant Apple constitutes illegal state subsidy, the European Commission has said.
29.09.14 @ 18:50
The EU's likely next trade commissioner has signalled that controversial investor protection rules could ultimately be left out of a US free trade deal.
29.09.14 @ 18:12
The EU is keen for Ukraine to accept a winter deal on Russian gas, but Ukraine is wary of the terms and of broader EU-Russia energy ties.
29.09.14 @ 09:45
Spain's Canete has said he wants a mandatory lobbyists' register, while Sweden's Malmstrom wants more transparency on US trade in written answers ahead of EP hearings.
News in Brief
- Spanish commissioner under fire for oil firm links1'st @ 20:10
- UK's Hill to go through second EP hearing1'st @ 20:07
- Jail time teaches new EU commissioner justice lesson1'st @ 19:56
- 'No commissioners will have a veto'1'st @ 14:40
- Dijsselbloem urges French to work harder1'st @ 14:29
- Former Nato chief sets up his own consultancy1'st @ 14:24
- MEPs in budget threat over EU commission expert groups1'st @ 14:24
- Barroso warns Putin on 'contravening' Ukraine trade deal1'st @ 13:04
- France 'rejects austerity' in controversial budget@ 07:33
- Spain's Canete entangled in EP political battle@ 07:25
- MEPs summon UK's Hill to second hearing1'st @ 21:19
- Ombudsman: 'Now the hard work begins'1'st @ 18:58
- 'Frozen conflict' looming in east Ukraine, EU diplomats say1'st @ 09:49
- ECB to change rules to buy Greek, Cypriot debt1'st @ 09:21
- Hearings blunder offers glimpse into Juncker's working methods1'st @ 08:51
- New Austrian commissioner backs EU sanctions on Russia30'th @ 20:12
- Autism Europe: Raising awareness about sex education for people with learning disabilities
- The European MOVE Week: Underway to get Europeans active in sport - click here for more info
- Oxfam: Ahead of TTIP, Europe seeks to expand pharma monopoly at expense of people
- EN.DELFI: Russian Soldiers - cheap and luckless
- EBF: Financial Integration Report highlights ongoing fragmentation
- ACCA: Evaluating the impact of IFRS in the EU
- EN.DELFI: Putin forces West to choose between Ukraine and Middle East
- Swedish Enterprises: ECIPE demystifies investor-state dispute settlements in trade agreements
- Martens Centre: Building a Lifeline for Freedom - Eastern Partnership 2.0 Brussels, 07 October