Today @ 09:21
MEPs on Tuesday signed off on the creation of a new authority and fund for failing banks – a missing element to the so-called banking union aimed at minimising the public cost of future financial crises.
15.04.14 @ 09:29
14.04.14 @ 09:30
14.04.14 @ 14:30
Today @ 09:29
Military chiefs have said the Ukraine crisis is a “wake-up call” for EU countries’ defence spending, as the US backed Ukraine’s use of force in eastern regions.
Today @ 09:14
Over two-dozen regions throughout the Union have an unemployment rate twice the EU average.
14.04.14 @ 09:26
Lithuania, Luxembourg and Sweden have explicitly backed Ukraine’s right to use force against pro-Russian separatists.
Today @ 09:15
Juncker may be the centre-right's chosen candidate for the next EU commission chief, but his face is nowhere to be seen on German MEP election posters, which boast a smiling Merkel.
15.04.14 @ 09:30
EU countries are to expand their Russia and Ukraine blacklists and to send a small team of security experts to Kiev.
15.04.14 @ 09:29
Malta on Monday legalised both same-sex unions and joint adoptions by gay couples.
14.04.14 @ 09:28
Russia spends more on arms compared to its GDP than the US and European countries, fresh figures released by a military spending research group show.
11.04.14 @ 16:46
Pressure is mounting on the European Commission to release documents in a graft scandal that saw a commissioner for health lose his job.
11.04.14 @ 09:26
German Chancellor Angela Merkel is visiting Athens on Friday in a show of support for the Greek government after its successful return to the bond markets.
10.04.14 @ 09:22
The UK, Poland, and Sweden have proposed sending an EU police mission to Ukraine to build up its law enforcement bodies in the wake of February’s revolution.
14.04.14 @ 09:26
International climate scientists warn the world must shift away from fossil-intensive energy production, amid recent EU proposals to phase out subsidies for renewables.
10.04.14 @ 17:46
Putin has threatened to cut off gas to Ukraine unless it starts repaying a huge debt and unless the EU agrees to joint talks on its future.
11.04.14 @ 09:27
A citizens' initiative demanding a change in EU law courted controversy on Thursday over its proposals to ban funding for abortion and reproductive health services in developing countries.
10.04.14 @ 09:30
German foreign minister Steinmeier has contradicted business leaders who urged him not to impose economic sanctions on Russia.
News in Brief
- MEPs back cross-border pension rights@ 10:01
- Industry wary of new EU rules on lorry design@ 10:01
- Ukip leader 'taking legal advice' on expenses allegations@ 10:00
- French MEP recalls trips to see porn films@ 10:00
- Berlusconi sentenced to work in old people's home@ 09:59
- EU commission presidency race is 'cosmetic' democracy15'th @ 14:24
- Over half of Czechs say 'too many' foreigners in their country15'th @ 14:12
- MEPs pledge against 'excessive corporate lobbying'15'th @ 11:09
- EU countries to boost defence budgets in light of Ukraine@ 09:29
- EU parliament gives final nod to banking union@ 09:21
- EU ElectionsGerman centre-right election posters show Merkel, not Juncker@ 09:15
- Regional unemployment highest in Spain@ 09:14
- OpinionLearning from the past: EU aid in the Eastern Partnership@ 07:41
- EU to expand Russia blacklist15'th @ 09:30
- EU ElectionsBulgarians protest controversial MEP listing15'th @ 09:29
- Malta legalises same-sex unions and adoption15'th @ 09:29
- ThinkYoung: We want to listen your opinion on youth unemployment & skills mismatch
- EIPA: Summer School on EU law & its Implementation, Luxembourg, 30/06 until 11/07
- EIPA: The Infringement Procedure under Articles 258 & 260 TFEU - Luxembourg 19-20/06/14
- ACCA: New rules to improve shareholder engagement and corporate governance reporting
- European Youth Forum: Open letter to EU bodies, MS and CoE on the situation in Ukraine
- Oxfam: European overseas aid slightly increases but lags behind global trend
- EUA: Changing Landscapes in Learning and Teaching’: Report from the Annual Conference
- Regione Puglia: Capacity building course for regional officers on EU decision-making: 7-11/04
- EJC: President Kantor calls Jobbik electoral gains "a dark day for Europe"
- Oxfam: The staggering cost of armed violence to Africa