28.11.14 @ 16:20
The EU commission on Friday said "political" factors merit giving France more time to work on its budget deficit, while urging Germany to spend more to revive eurozone growth.
28.11.14 @ 17:34
28.11.14 @ 16:31
27.11.14 @ 09:28
27.11.14 @ 17:06
28.11.14 @ 16:01
The new figure is designed to help clinch a 2015 budget deal with MEPs and EU states, as the clock ticks on a 17 December deadline.
28.11.14 @ 09:29
Under-siege British leader Cameron is to deliver a speech laced with even more ideas on how to keep EU migrants at bay.
28.11.14 @ 13:18
"Germany and France have never been in situations so far apart," says French economy minister Emmanuel Macron. "We need an agenda for convergence."
27.11.14 @ 18:10
EU countries have blacklisted 13 Ukrainian “separatists” and five entities, amid uncertainty on what to do if the conflict escalates.
28.11.14 @ 09:24
French president Francois Hollande's one-day visit to Guinea is meant to send a “message of solidarity”.
27.11.14 @ 20:01
The EU commission is set to give France, Italy and Belgium three more months to implement deficit-and-debt cutting measures or face fines.
27.11.14 @ 09:26
MEPs are - in a vote on Thursday - putting pressure on EU anti-trust regulators to unbundle Google, amid US complaints.
25.11.14 @ 21:01
Juncker is to unveil an "investment package" he says is worth €315bn for the next three years. But the EU's actual contribution will be just €8bn.
26.11.14 @ 09:29
Austria’s far-right FPO party has defended its relations with the Kremlin, amid signs of a wider Russian strategy to build ties with anti-EU parties.
25.11.14 @ 15:34
Pope Francis has criticised the EU's treatment of migrants, its institutions, and its focus on growth and consumerism.
26.11.14 @ 16:28
Most members of the European Parliament have endorsed Jean Claude Juncker's investment plan based on financial engineering, but critical voices said the scheme did not add up.
26.11.14 @ 18:24
Demands by EU citizens for their names to no longer appear in a search engine result following a right-to-be forgotten request could be extended worldwide.
26.11.14 @ 09:29
The eurozone is “grinding to a standstill” and now poses “a major risk to world growth”, the OECD has said.
25.11.14 @ 19:10
The EU commission has awarded €50mn to member states to set up passenger data sharing systems, despite an upcoming EU Court analysis on the probity of similar schemes.
News in Brief
- Spain contributes €120mn to UN climate fund@ 17:04
- Finland legalizes same-sex marriage@ 16:44
- Moldovan PM: We don't want to join Nato@ 09:27
- Germany bows to pressure and accepts EU trade deal@ 09:09
- France to debate Palestine independence@ 09:09
- Juncker defends Luxembourg tax regime@ 09:08
- UK summons PwC tax chief to LuxLeaks hearing@ 09:05
- Rajoy: No 'generalised corruption' in Spain@ 09:04
- AgendaTusk takes over from Van Rompuy this WEEK28'th @ 17:34
- OpinionConflict minerals: EU can save lives and boost profits28'th @ 16:31
- France gets three months to tweak budget28'th @ 16:20
- EU commission proposes €141bn budget in last-minute talks28'th @ 16:01
- French and German economies must come closer, experts say28'th @ 13:18
- Cameron to unveil latest anti-EU migrant plan28'th @ 09:29
- Hollande first EU leader to visit Ebola-hit Guinea28'th @ 09:24
- France, Italy, Belgium to get extra three months on deficit and debt27'th @ 20:01
- Jan Philipp Albrecht: Digital market/Google: MEPs fail to focus consumer rights and net neutrality
- Danuta Hübner: Danuta Hübner at the first meeting of the EPP Working Group on TTiP
- Danuta Hübner: Jobs, Growth & Investment Package to succeed if mobilizes private sector
- Eva Paunova: Digital techs must be recognised as best route to growth and development
- Jan Philipp Albrecht: EU-Canada PNR scheme must have legality assessed by European Court
- Cecilia Wikström: Interview - From a priest to an MEP
- Martina Dlabajová: Still no discharge for the Council from the Budgetary Control Committee
- Jerzy Buzek: Reindustrialisation & climate targets married via research on clean coal technologies
- Michael Theurer: Dalligate II: Time to return to the facts and follow checks and balances
- Victor Negrescu: The Next Generation Innovators
- EN.DELFI: Why Russia's threat to Baltic states is so real
- Access Now: Wishing “Bon voyage” to PNR agreements in Europe
- EBF: EBF underlines need to match EFSI funds with stable economic framework
- European SchoolNet: Making competence based education a reality in schools across Europe
- CESI: Breaking Down Barriers: Towards Gender Equality at Work. Lunch debate, 11 Dec
- Counter Balance: Junker investment package shifts risks from private investors to EU taxpayers
- ThinkYoung: Join the Charity Dinner for UNICEF by ThinkYoung & Burson Marsteller to fight Ebola!
- Access Now: Save the Internet: The EU MS are about to turn their backs on Net Neutrality
- Martens Centre: Invites you to the Transatlantic Think Tank Conference on 4 Dec, register now!
- EMHRN: Day for the Elimination of Violence vs. Women: Bleak Picture for the Euro-Med Region