Today @ 08:40
The EU has said it will give Ukraine more money if it signs a trade pact, but its list of political conditions is getting longer.
Today @ 09:21
11.12.13 @ 09:05
11.12.13 @ 09:00
Today @ 09:20
The EU data retention directive breaches the charter of fundamental rights, an EU advocate general has said.
Today @ 09:31
Europe's 50 biggest banks need capital injections of up to €110 billion to remain strong enough to sustain their credit ratings, Standard and Poor's has said.
12.12.13 @ 18:40
Workers in civil partnerships are entitled to the same benefits as married couples, the EU court has ruled, in a case with profound implications for welfare regimes.
Today @ 09:27
The Spanish government has vowed to block Catalonia from holding an independence referendum, with EU Council chief Van Rompuy renewing the warning that the region would no longer be part of the EU if it split off.
12.12.13 @ 17:23
Conservative MEPs in Brussels have tried and failed to stop an EU parliament video chat with US leaker Edward Snowden.
12.12.13 @ 08:47
EU foreign affairs chief Ashton has voiced doubt on the integrity of Ukraine President Yanukovych after a second meeting in Kiev.
12.12.13 @ 17:00
Luxembourg still has the wealthiest citizens in Europe, according to data released on Thursday.
11.12.13 @ 09:29
EU finance ministers have edged closer to a deal on how to wind up stricken banks, following 12 hours of talks in Brussels.
11.12.13 @ 10:20
The EU is knowingly paying Palestinian civil servants who have not worked in years, its spending watchdog says.
10.12.13 @ 20:03
Euro-deputies on Tuesday in Strasbourg rejected a proposal to ban bottom-sea trawling and bottom gillnetting.
12.12.13 @ 09:28
MEPs and ministers have agreed new rules to rescue insolvent banks that would target bondholders not savers, following the final round of talks in Strasbourg.
11.12.13 @ 09:28
Riot police have attacked pro-EU protesters in Ukraine during a visit by EU foreign policy chief Catherine Ashton.
10.12.13 @ 20:15
Luxembourg and Austria came under attack on Tuesday after blocking plans to increase transparency in tax reporting.
10.12.13 @ 16:47
The European Parliament erupted in internal bickering on Tuesday after an alliance of right-wing MEPs managed to sweep a report on sexual and reproductive rights for women from the table.
News in Brief
- Schaeuble to stay on as German finance minister
- Hollande wants 'permanent European fund' for emergency interventions
- France's new surveillance law under fire
- EU banking watchdog warns against Bitcoin
- Most EU countries offer no places for Syria refugees
- EU plans aid package for Palestinian-Israeli peace, report says
- Nuclear state aid to be probed by the EU, report
- Iceland sends bank bosses five years in prison
- Austria agrees old-model coalition government
- Energy ministers draw blank on biofuels deal
- Ireland becomes first euro country to quit bailout programme
- Romanian MPs decriminalise political corruption
- Snowden to make video appearance at EU parliament
- EU gives up hope on Ukraine deal at Vilnius summit
- AnalysisEU and Ukraine: What went wrong?
- EU to Yanukovych: You are taking Ukraine 'nowhere'
- Seven EU states create military drone 'club'
- Malta free to sell EU citizenship, commission says
- OpinionRussia shows its hand on Karabakh
- EU and US warn Ukraine it risks going bust
Regions & Cities
- OpinionCities show leadership on Roma inclusion
- Economic governance tool to be part of regional aid
- Berlin citizens keen to buy their electricity grid
- German city flats are overpriced, says Bundesbank
- EU cohesion policy: 'No more business as usual'
- If you build it, will they come?
- Interview'National governments declining in importance'
- Brussels: An EU capital in the making
- Beja airport: A runway to nowhere?
- Bringing high speed internet to the 'middle of nowhere'
- EU looks to 'hybrid drones' for legal shortcut on migration
- MEPs approve EU border surveillance system
- 'Virtual borders' scheme to track every non-EU citizen
- Security industry is shaping EU legislation
- Private security firms cash in on guarding EU borders
- Private firms put price tag on migrant suicides
- Gaddafi-tainted firm scoops EU contract
- InvestigationEUobserver investigative reports
- InvestigationAbout Nikolaj Nielsen
- Europe's banks need €110 billion to keep credit ratings@ 09:31
- Madrid vows to block Catalonia referendum@ 09:27
- ReviewPlaying at a British EU exit@ 09:21
- EU data retention law said to breach privacy rights@ 09:20
- EU and Ukraine drift further apart despite new talks@ 08:40
- EU court grants welfare rights to same-sex partners12'th @ 18:40
- British MEPs fail to stop Snowden video12'th @ 17:23
- Luxembourg still EU's wealthiest, figures show12'th @ 17:00
- EU lawmakers reach agreement on bank rescue rules12'th @ 09:28
- Ashton casts doubt on Yanukovych promises12'th @ 08:47
- Oxfam: Reaction to EU Biofuels Debate by Energy Ministers
- EMHRN: Report on the Gezi Park Protest in Turkey and its repression
- Think Young, CES & MEP Zalba: Register for the campaign Fail2Succeed: 18/12, EP
- EERA: The Horizon is set for 2020: time for research & innovation to deliver
- EMHRN: Human Rights Day: govs stripping away freedom of assembly ?
- EIPA: Seminar: EU Law for Non-Lawyers, Luxembourg, 24-26/02/14
- EIPA: EU Environmental Law for Non-Lawyers, Luxembourg, 30-31/01/14
- EFA: Book on Minimum Standards of Care for COPD patients in the EU
- Counter Balance: Natural Capital: a fairytale with an unhappy ending
- Oxfam: Leaked EU document proves financial transaction tax is legal
- How the EU is losing its entire neighbourhoodInside Arab Spring
- After Vilnius: tough year aheadNeighbourhood
- What happened to the EU2020 strategy?Progressive Change
- This is a very dead horse - stop floggingAnother Look
- Facebook isn't our friendExposing Corporate Europe
- Moscow Never SleepsBelarus Reloaded
- The trouble with Europe’s big thinking? Europe’s big states.Super Commuter
- Don´t take their word for itAnother Look
- Eurasian Union's problem with Russian nationalismNeighbourhood
- COP 19: Walking about Warsaw in circlesGlobal challenges