24.11.14 @ 20:03
Danish MPs are to vote on a resolution instructing Denmark to recognise Palestine, but its foreign minister has told EUobserver the time is not right.
24.11.14 @ 20:10
21.11.14 @ 16:19
21.11.14 @ 09:53
24.11.14 @ 09:22
Hawks and doves within the EU commission and member states continue to disagree on how to deal with France's budget deficit, seen as a credibility test for the EU.
21.11.14 @ 18:12
MEPs will add their voice to EU pressure on Palestine recognition next week, but diplomats say only the US can make a difference.
21.11.14 @ 18:11
German commissioner Oettinger has drawn French anger with two rogue op-eds on French over-spending. But did he really act alone?
24.11.14 @ 09:28
Far-right French party Front National borrowed €9 million from a Russian bank, posing questions over its relationship with the Kremlin.
21.11.14 @ 12:00
Romania's election of an ethnic German is being compared to America's election of a black president. But who is Iohannis and what does he mean for Romania and the region?
21.11.14 @ 16:34
The Netherlands is paying its extra EU bill, a net payment of €642 million, before the end of 2014, well ahead of the extended deadline of 1 September 2015.
19.11.14 @ 18:41
The EU's new migration chief, Greek politician Dimitris Avramopoulos, wants to create a European system of border guards.
20.11.14 @ 19:08
EU anti-trust chief Vestager will use "Luxembourg Leaks" as "market information" which may lead to further probes into the duchy's deals with big firms.
20.11.14 @ 11:14
EU affairs ministers will hold regular debates on the state of rule of law in the EU, a move seen as a watered-down response to democracy slippages in Hungary.
19.11.14 @ 15:44
The EU commission has promised to publish all contacts with lobbyists and to give US free-trade talks documents to all MEPs in a new transparency drive. Meanwhile, it backed away from scrapping its first 'unnecessary' EU law.
21.11.14 @ 09:26
Ukip continued its insurgency into mainstream British politics on Thursday by claiming its second by-election victory in as many months.
20.11.14 @ 18:15
The 60-odd members of the US-led global coalition to counter the Islamic state is set to meet for the first time in early December in Brussels.
20.11.14 @ 15:14
The UK is set to lose its legal battle to overturn EU rules capping bank bonuses after a top legal officer in the European Court of Justice (ECJ) said London's case had "no legitimate grounds".
19.11.14 @ 18:25
National courts can force EU states to meet clean air targets even if EU institutions grant delays, according to a new verdict by Europe's top tribunal.
News in Brief
- Mogherini unsure on Ashton's future role24'th @ 19:42
- Turkish PM riles EU with comment on women24'th @ 19:39
- EPP backs passanger data pact with Canada24'th @ 18:39
- World powers and Iran extend nuclear deadline24'th @ 16:30
- Finnish president: Joining Nato would harm Russia relations24'th @ 15:34
- Ukraine to hold referendum on EU and Nato membership24'th @ 15:34
- Police arrest top Romanian prosecutor24'th @ 12:40
- Polish governing party wins local elections24'th @ 09:17
- OpinionEU watershed on criminal law poses questions for UK24'th @ 20:10
- Danish parliament to vote on Palestine recognition24'th @ 20:03
- Le Pen borrowed €9mn from Kremlin-linked bank24'th @ 09:28
- EU still undecided on France deficit24'th @ 09:22
- OpinionFormer Israeli law chief urges EU parliament to back Palestine recognition21'st @ 18:12
- EU parliament to vote on Palestine statehood21'st @ 18:12
- German commissioner provokes French wrath21'st @ 18:11
- Netherlands to pay EU top-up bill this year21'st @ 16:34
- Cecilia Wikström: Interview - From a priest to an MEP
- Martina Dlabajová: Still no discharge for the Council from the Budgetary Control Committee
- Jerzy Buzek: Reindustrialisation & climate targets married via research on clean coal technologies
- Jan Philipp Albrecht: Study on Data Retention after the Judgement of the Court of Justice of the EU
- Michael Theurer: Dalligate II: Time to return to the facts and follow checks and balances
- Danuta Hübner: Awarded with The Legion of Honour for her contribution to EU integration
- Eva Paunova: Dinner debate on the digital single market – successes and challenges
- Victor Negrescu: The Next Generation Innovators
- China EU Mission: Amb. Yang Yanyi: Asia-Pacific cooperation offers opportunities for Europe
- EN:DEFI: US forces will stay in Baltic states to deter Russia
- Red Cross: Humanitarian approach to migration needed in the EU to protect the rights of migrants
- Caritas Europa: Europe 2020 will not deliver if dominated by economic drivers
- PlasticsEurope: Agreement on plastic bags: concern about negative effects on Internal Market
- World Vision: Where are the rights you promised us ?
- ACCA: 5th edition of the Ethics in Finance - Robin Cosgrove Prize, 28 January 2015, Brussels
- EPSU: LuxLeaks reveal something is rotten at the heart of Europe
- EJC: After massacre in Jerusalem, EJC calls to condition aid to Palestinians on stop incitement
- SUPERHUB: Main event: Smart Mobility in changing cities (Milan 26/11/2014)