Today @ 09:29
Samaras has offered to bring forward parliamentary elections and include independent MPs in government in a bid to secure a majority for his presidential candidate.
16.12.14 @ 10:45
16.12.14 @ 10:39
18.12.14 @ 13:33
18.12.14 @ 21:07
Today @ 09:23
Germany’s plan to impose a de facto road tax on foreigners is continuing to cause friction between Brussels and Berlin.
Today @ 08:43
Cities are emerging as the frontrunners in promoting sustainable living and transport.
19.12.14 @ 01:36
Germany has warned the EU will not roll back Russia sanctions unless Putin makes major concessions, in Europe’s first “strategic” talks on the crisis.
Today @ 09:41
Classified CIA manuals instruct US agents with fake identities on how to maintain cover during EU border checks, according to two manual released by Wikileaks on Sunday.
19.12.14 @ 16:49
New EU council chief Tusk has broken with the two-day summit tradition, making leaders and journalists happy by wrapping up before midnight.
19.12.14 @ 16:45
Protestors gathered in front of an empty EU summit building on Friday to demonstrate against the EU-US free trade pact talks.
19.12.14 @ 09:01
Luxembourg on Thursday caved into pressure to give EU-anti trust regulators the details of tax deal schemes it has with multinational companies.
19.12.14 @ 01:34
EU leaders have given trade negotiators until end-2015 to finalise a US free trade pact, but some are sceptical about the date.
18.12.14 @ 18:23
Dutch PM Mark Rutte has asked his Luxembourgian colleague Xavier Bettel to take his place at the EU summit in Brussels as he battles to save his government in the Netherlands.
18.12.14 @ 18:14
Russia’s economic turmoil could last at least two years, President Vladimir Putin said on Thursday (18 December).
18.12.14 @ 22:29
EU leaders have called for a speedy setting up of the investment fund linked to Juncker's €315bn plan, but the EU parliament chief doubts it will be ready by June.
17.12.14 @ 17:34
New EU council chief Donald Tusk wants to keep EU summits focused and short. His first attempt starts Thursday and might be wrapped up by midnight.
18.12.14 @ 18:36
A draft agreement on how to get the EU to accede to the European convention of human rights is not compatible with EU law, says the bloc's top court.
18.12.14 @ 09:29
It was supposed to be all about investments and Russia, but the issue of tax avoidance is likely to creep onto the EU summit agenda, as a letter from the Spanish Prime Minister shows.
News in Brief
- Former EU commissioner becomes Latvian president advisor@ 15:38
- Czech Jews complain about Putin visit@ 09:31
- EU must not try to make Russian economy collapse, says Austria@ 09:22
- Belarus takes drastic measures on rouble crisis@ 09:21
- Irish economy to grow 5.7 percent this year@ 09:09
- Romania's new president wants to end country's corruption@ 09:07
- Barroso: I am sure there are emergency plans for Russian economic crisis@ 09:05
- Labour in the lead ahead of UK elections@ 09:05
- CIA manual tells agents how to fool EU border guards@ 09:41
- Greek PM offers compromise on elections@ 09:29
- Report: Juncker threatened Merkel with legal action over road toll@ 09:23
- Focus'Nations talk, but cities act' on green policies@ 08:43
- Tusk praised for 'short, concise' EU summit19'th @ 16:49
- Thousands protest in Brussels against EU-US trade ageement19'th @ 16:45
- Luxembourg caves in to EU tax listing demands19'th @ 09:01
- Merkel: EU strategy is to maintain Russia sanctions19'th @ 01:36
- Jan Philipp Albrecht: Study on Data Retention after the Judgement of the Court of Justice of the European Union
- Cecilia Wikström: EU Governments must come clean on CIA torture programme
- Tonino Picula: Georgia needs support of the European Union today!
- Michael Theurer: Noch mehr Schulden sind nicht der Ausweg aus der Schuldenfalle!
- Eva Paunova: Granted JA-YE and AmCham EU Youth Entrepreneurship Award
- Tonino Picula: The youngest European state deserves future in EU, I said to FMA after visiting Kosovo
- Eva Paunova: Meets US Chief negotiator on TTIP during diplomatic visit in Washington DC
- Jerzy Buzek: Congratulations to the town Kisielice for winning the EU 2014 ManagEnergy Award
- Victor Negrescu: S&D40 members meeting with the leader of the S&D Group, Gianni Pitella
- Jan Philipp Albrecht: Digital market/Google: MEPs fail to focus consumer rights and net neutrality
- Access Now: U.S. pushing to undermine net neutrality & privacy in major trade agreements
- Carbon Market Watch: Carbon offsets from Alberta’s tar sands jeopardize EU fuel rules
- Counter Balance: Juncker's investment offensive targets dodgy projects, new stories everyday
- EBF: Downward trend in bank robberies continues
- EBF: Adoption of fourth EU Anti-Money Laundering Directive
- COFACE: News - December 2014
- Oxfam: EU executives’ fixation with private sector compromises commitment to poor people
- Martens Centre: 5 reasons why the end of South Stream should mark the start of Energy Union
- Dialogue Platform: Calls for release of journalists detained in Turkey
- EMHRN: Egypt: Const. Committee Testify to Baselessness of Charges in Shura Council Case