Today @ 08:22
A combination of lax rules and no-questions-asked policy means that money from the European Investment Bank, the EU's longterm lending institution, is flowing to tax havens. An Egyptian case study shows how this happens.
30.10.14 @ 09:28
30.10.14 @ 18:29
Recent statements by the next EU digital commissioner Gunther Oettinger on imposing a special tax on Google has drawn carefully worded criticism from within the current EU commission.
30.10.14 @ 09:29
Negotiators are struggling to secure EU winter gas supplies, with Ukraine saying chances of a deal are “pretty high”, but complaining of “lack of trust”.
30.10.14 @ 09:28
EU citizens tend to overestimate the number of immigrants and the unemployment rate in their country, a survey shows.
30.10.14 @ 19:27
The EU’s rule of law mission in Kosovo is fighting to defend its credibility after allegations of bribe-taking and attempts to gag press.
30.10.14 @ 09:57
France has said it has not yet decided whether to go ahead with a delivery of a warship to Russia, after a Russian minister published an invitation to the delivery ceremony mid-November.
29.10.14 @ 09:03
A majority of Italians believe that ditching the lira for the euro has been bad for their country, according to a new survey.
29.10.14 @ 19:02
Up to nine EU countries may buy their way to achieving targets set under an international climate change treaty.
29.10.14 @ 09:21
The EU commission Tuesday lashed out at Hungary’s proposal to introduce the world’s first Internet tax, while 100,000 people took to the Budapest streets in protest.
29.10.14 @ 09:22
The report also looks at sub-indicators. Registering a property is one of the hardest tasks for a new business in Belgium.
28.10.14 @ 09:25
France and Italy outlined extra measures to cut their budget deficits on Monday as they backed away from a full scale confrontation with the European Commission.
29.10.14 @ 08:57
In its last major political act before it steps down at the end of the week, the current EU commission has given the provisional all-clear to each of the 18 eurozone budgets.
28.10.14 @ 09:27
A floating LNG terminal arrived at the Lithuanian city Klaipeda on Monday where it was greeted by locals as the guarantor of the Baltic region's energy supply.
28.10.14 @ 18:17
The EU’s border agency has received more offers of equipment than it needs as it starts its migrant surveillance operation in the Mediterranean. Meanwhile, Italy has indicated its naval search and rescue operation will continue.
27.10.14 @ 18:07
It would be very difficult for the UK to avoid paying the €2.1bn bill to the EU budget without having the "Pandora box" of its own rebate opened again, the EU budget commissioner has warned.
News in Brief
- EU in massive cybersecurity exercise@ 09:10
- IMF warns Greece on early bailout exit@ 08:47
- Spain introduces 'Google tax'@ 08:46
- Germany unemployment drops despite export problems@ 08:39
- Romanian PM frontrunner in presidential elections@ 08:38
- One in two Germans backs US trade deal@ 08:32
- Poland wants 'strong, active' German army30'th @ 16:27
- EU taking Kosovo mission allegations 'seriously'30'th @ 13:01
- InvestigationEurope’s tax haven investments in Africa@ 08:22
- OpinionIn the ‘New’ Turkey, corruption is a thing of the past!@ 08:20
- Barroso, Rehn 'unfairly criticised' for eurozone austerity@ 08:03
- EU mission in Kosovo rocked by corruption allegations30'th @ 19:27
- Oettinger stirs controversy ahead of new role as digital commissioner30'th @ 18:29
- France denies warship delivery, as Russian bombers skirt EU airspace30'th @ 09:57
- EU-brokered gas talks bedevilled by ‘lack of trust’30'th @ 09:29
- EU citizens overestimate immigrant numbers, survey shows30'th @ 09:28
After 10 years as European Commission president, his most "emotional" moment was collecting the EU's Nobel Peace Prize, Jose Manuel Barroso told MEPs in Strasbourg on Tuesday (21 October) in his last speech in the European Parliament.
- European Jewish Congress: Sweden recognition of Palestinian State merely adds fuel to already enflamed Middle East
- EFA: Catalonia decides on 9N ! Support EFA campaign for democracy and freedom.
- European School Net: Europe needs to boost the E-skills to tap the job creation potential of ICT
- European School Net: European government agencies & industry combine to combat bullying
- EIPA: European Union Civil Service Law, Brussels, 27-28 November 2014
- Xinhua News Agency: Winners of the WMS Global Awards for Excellence announced
- EGBA: Want to know how the EU online betting industry fights match-fixing?
- Martens Centre: Has Euromaidan Transformed the Ukrainian Political Landscape? Register now!
- EN.DELFI: Floating LNG terminal "Independence" sails into Lithuania
- EBF: Comprehensive assessment shows robust European banking sector