02.09.14 @ 20:29
Italian minister and incoming top EU diplomat Mogherini has called for progress on Western Balkan enlargement, while saying Russia is no longer an EU “partner”.
01.09.14 @ 18:44
01.09.14 @ 08:59
01.09.14 @ 09:17
29.08.14 @ 21:24
02.09.14 @ 16:34
France wants to create a European coordinator to ensure member states follow through more rapidly on their asylum and border control commitments.
02.09.14 @ 09:24
Two of the EU’s new top officials - Donald Tusk and Federica Mogherini - have spoken out against Russia’s “war” on Ukraine.
31.08.14 @ 02:25
EU leaders have given Russia one week to stop attacking Ukraine or face more sanctions.
02.09.14 @ 13:41
Incoming EU commission chief Jean-Claude Juncker has started meeting the nominees for his 28-strong college, but gender balance continues to be a problem.
02.09.14 @ 09:29
ECB chief Draghi is testing the mood of EU governments as he ponders whether to unleash a new wave of monetary stimulus to boost the eurozone's struggling economy.
01.09.14 @ 09:22
Cameron is facing a eurosceptic backlash inside his Conservative party, amid reports that up to 100 of his MPs will vote for Britain's withdrawal.
30.08.14 @ 21:43
EU leaders have chosen Polish PM Tusk as the next EU Council president and Italian minister Mogherini as the bloc's foreign affairs chief.
30.08.14 @ 14:41
EU leaders are likely to hold off on extra Russia sanctions until at least next week, Ukraine’s president indicated in Brussels Saturday.
29.08.14 @ 09:30
Germany, France, and Italy have indicated they are willing to impose extra sanctions on Russia due to its “invasion” of Ukraine.
27.08.14 @ 09:28
Italian foreign minister Mogherini may become the next EU foreign policy chief if Polish PM Tusk or a Baltic leader succeeds Van Rompuy as EU Council president.
01.09.14 @ 09:09
Pro-transparency groups and trade unions are urging the European Commission to scale back corporate influence on policy-making decisions.
29.08.14 @ 15:00
Nato has said Ukraine is free to seek membership in the alliance despite Russian opposition, as EU ministers discuss extra sanctions on Russia.
28.08.14 @ 18:10
French leader Hollande has called for a summit on eurozone growth, warning that “Europe is threatened by a long and possibly interminable stagnation if we do nothing.”
29.08.14 @ 09:30
EU and Cuban officials have made “substantial progress” towards agreeing a trade and political co-operation treaty.
News in Brief
- Swiss economy flatlines2'nd @ 16:36
- Scotland independence vote narrows2'nd @ 08:44
- EU draft report critical of Turkey2'nd @ 08:43
- Eurozone manufacturing hits 13-month low2'nd @ 08:34
- Greek troika talks in Paris2'nd @ 08:32
- Swedish anti-immigrant party set for big gains2'nd @ 08:31
- Putin told Barroso he could 'take Kiev in two weeks'1'st @ 18:58
- New EU foreign policy chief criticises Putin1'st @ 18:48
- Mogherini backs Western Balkan enlargement2'nd @ 20:29
- France wants to create new EU migration post2'nd @ 16:34
- Juncker starts interviews for new EU commission2'nd @ 13:41
- Berlin-Paris tensions re-emerge as ECB ponders stimulus2'nd @ 09:29
- New EU appointees speak out against Russia2'nd @ 09:24
- Who is Tusk and what does he mean for the EU?1'st @ 18:44
- Cameron faces new EU referendum backlash1'st @ 09:22
- OpinionWhy America is recovering, but Europe is not - Part II1'st @ 09:17
- Counter Balance: Azerbaijan political prisoners list published with reports authors on it
- Centre Maurits Coppieters: Dinner-debate on Iraq’s Kurdistan and prospects for Peace
- EUA: EU 2015 Budget negotiations: EUA warns against making cuts to research payments
- EPSU: New Commission must end corporate dominance of EU expert groups
- Martens Centre: Register now for the event “A Changing Eastern Neighbourhood”
- Martens Centre: Register now for event on 9 Sept: Banking and Monetary Union 2014-2019
- EuFoA: Tension rises in Nagorno-Karabakh as ceasefire negotiations are underway
- ACCA: Supports a coherent EU Single Market as to the balance of competences in the UK
- EIPA: Preparing for New EPSO Competitions: Luxembourg, 08 September 2014
- EIPA: Tools for Implementation of EU Policies at National Level. Luxembourg, 22-25/ 09/ 2014