Today @ 15:25
The incoming EU commission risks a start-up delay as male nominees for commissioner posts continue to roll in despite a plea for more women candidates.
28.07.14 @ 09:49
29.07.14 @ 16:10
28.07.14 @ 16:26
28.07.14 @ 10:14
Today @ 17:22
The European Court of Human Rights has told Russia to pay €1.86 billion to the shareholders of the disbanded Yukos oil group.
Today @ 09:30
Israeli rocket fire on sleeping children at a school in Jabaliya refugee camp on Wednesday is a serious violation of international law, the United Nations has said.
30.07.14 @ 19:17
The risk of Ebola reaching the EU is “extremely low” but the possibility cannot be ruled out entirely.
Today @ 09:04
Russia has reacted angrily to EU sanctions, calling them a "senseless and irresponsible step" which would "inevitably" lead to a hike in energy prices.
30.07.14 @ 21:59
The EU has for the first time included three of Vladimir Putin's loyal oligarchs and his propaganda chief on an existing blacklist in response to Russia's continued "destabilisation" of Ukraine.
30.07.14 @ 09:28
The US on Tuesday announced a widening of its own Russia sanctions to match the EU's economic sanctions adopted just a few hours previously.
29.07.14 @ 19:52
EU ambassadors have approved the so-called stage three - economic sanctions - on Russia, expected to enter into force on Friday.
29.07.14 @ 09:28
The leaders of Britain, France, Germany, Italy and the US held a conference call on Monday and agreed to impose economic sanctions on Russia as it continues to support the war in eastern Ukraine.
28.07.14 @ 17:57
Hungary's PM has said he wants to build an illiberal state based on national foundations, citing Russia and China as examples.
28.07.14 @ 18:04
The Danish and German economies have benefited most among EU countries from the expansion of the bloc's single market between 1992-2012, a study shows.
30.07.14 @ 09:15
The British government has announced it will tighten benefits to unemployed migrants from the EU in plans that the European Commission has said it will examine closely.
29.07.14 @ 17:31
Senior officials in a former paramilitary group in Kosovo are to be indicted for war crimes and other crimes committed against humanity once a purpose-built court has been created.
28.07.14 @ 18:54
Several EU institutions are to be probed on their whistlerblower rules but the European Central Bank and the European Investment Bank will escape scrutiny.
26.07.14 @ 19:21
The latest EU blacklist on Russia sheds light on the command structures, composition, and ambitions of Putin’s east Ukraine forces.
News in Brief
- Human rights court fines Russia €1.8bn@ 10:37
- Sweden nominates Malmstrom for commissioner post@ 10:36
- Nato unprepared for Russia threat@ 09:13
- Juncker considers creating financial services post@ 09:13
- Portuguese bank reports €3.6bn loss@ 09:13
- Hungary nominates foreign minister for commissioner post30'th @ 19:22
- Nato: Over 12,000 Russian troops on Ukraine border30'th @ 18:30
- Russian central bank to help blacklisted banks30'th @ 14:15
- Russia ordered to pay €1.8bn by human rights court@ 17:22
- New EU commission risks delay over gender issue@ 15:25
- Israeli attack on school in Gaza is 'outrageous', says UN@ 09:30
- Russia threatens Europe with higher energy prices@ 09:04
- EU blacklists three Putin 'cronies'30'th @ 21:59
- Ebola risk in Europe 'extremely low'30'th @ 19:17
- US joins EU on Russia economic sanctions30'th @ 09:28
- EU to 'scrutinise' Cameron's migrant benefits plan30'th @ 09:15
- EEAS: Statement on the downing of Malaysia Airlines flight. In memoriam of Pim de Kuijer
- IFSBH: Join our new initiative: People United for Spina Bifida and Hydrocephalus!
- ACCA: Supports a coherent EU Single Market as to the balance of competences in the UK
- EIPA: Preparing for New EPSO Competitions: Luxembourg, 08 September 2014
- EIPA: Tools for Implementation of EU Policies at National Level. Luxembourg, 22-25/ 09/ 2014
- EPHA: 5th Annual Conference 4-5 September 2014, Brussels | Register before 31st July
- Centre Maurits Coppieters: Launches a new youtube channel
- ACCA: Implementing the New European Accounting Directive: Making the right choices
- UNESDA: Impact of food taxes on public health inconclusive and contradictory as per EC study
- European Federalist Party: Juncker is the 1st elected European Commission President