Today @ 09:28
The US on Tuesday announced a widening of its own Russia sanctions to match the EU's economic sanctions adopted just a few hours previously.
28.07.14 @ 09:49
29.07.14 @ 16:10
28.07.14 @ 16:26
28.07.14 @ 10:14
29.07.14 @ 19:52
EU ambassadors have approved the so-called stage three - economic sanctions - on Russia, expected to enter into force on Friday.
29.07.14 @ 09:28
The leaders of Britain, France, Germany, Italy and the US held a conference call on Monday and agreed to impose economic sanctions on Russia as it continues to support the war in eastern Ukraine.
28.07.14 @ 17:57
Hungary's PM has said he wants to build an illiberal state based on national foundations, citing Russia and China as examples.
Today @ 09:15
The British government has announced it will tighten benefits to unemployed migrants from the EU in plans that the European Commission has said it will examine closely.
29.07.14 @ 17:31
Senior officials in a former paramilitary group in Kosovo are to be indicted for war crimes and other crimes committed against humanity once a purpose-built court has been created.
28.07.14 @ 18:54
Several EU institutions are to be probed on their whistlerblower rules but the European Central Bank and the European Investment Bank will escape scrutiny.
28.07.14 @ 18:04
The Danish and German economies have benefited most among EU countries from the expansion of the bloc's single market between 1992-2012, a study shows.
28.07.14 @ 09:28
Germany's constitutional court is once again to be a testing ground for the eurozone's reponse to the financial crisis as a group of academics has filed a case arguing that the banking union is illegal.
25.07.14 @ 16:57
Europeans feel a bit more positive about the EU than they did late year, a new survey shows, while the French are among the most pessimistic about their economic future.
25.07.14 @ 09:25
German and Dutch companies, so far among the most reluctant to back EU's planned Russia sanctions, are ready to take a hit from possible retaliatory measures.
26.07.14 @ 19:21
The latest EU blacklist on Russia sheds light on the command structures, composition, and ambitions of Putin’s east Ukraine forces.
25.07.14 @ 17:14
The EU is set to impose economic sanctions on Russia next week. Meanwhile, southern member states want the European Commission to consider any blowback effect when it assesses national deficits.
24.07.14 @ 20:55
EU expands Russia blacklist by 15 names, ambassadors to continue talks on economic sanctions on Friday.
24.07.14 @ 16:28
A European rights court Thursday found that Poland allowed the CIA to operate a secret rendition and interrogation camp at its Stare Kiejkuty military base and did nothing to stop it.
News in Brief
- Russia to ban Polish fruit and vegetable imports@ 12:54
- EU boosts Syria aid@ 09:12
- Moldova to receive €101 million in EU funds@ 09:11
- EU government ransom money bankrolls terrorists@ 09:06
- Former Catalan president in tax evasion scandal@ 09:05
- Brussels Jewish musuem shooting suspect in Belgium@ 09:05
- Four Putin 'cronies' to be added to EU blacklist29'th @ 17:37
- EU ambassadors approve economic sanctions on Russia29'th @ 17:32
- US joins EU on Russia economic sanctions@ 09:28
- EU to 'scrutinise' Cameron's migrant benefits plan@ 09:15
- EU approves economic sanctions on Russia29'th @ 19:52
- Ex-Kosovo paramilitaries face war crimes indictment29'th @ 17:31
- OpinionStopping the wave of asylum seekers means fixing Libya29'th @ 16:10
- Obama, EU leaders agree on Russia sanctions29'th @ 09:28
- EU institutions to be probed on whistleblower rules28'th @ 18:54
- Denmark, Germany benefit most from EU market28'th @ 18:04
- EEAS: Statement on the downing of Malaysia Airlines flight. In memoriam of Pim de Kuijer
- IFSBH: Join our new initiative: People United for Spina Bifida and Hydrocephalus!
- ACCA: Supports a coherent EU Single Market as to the balance of competences in the UK
- EIPA: Preparing for New EPSO Competitions: Luxembourg, 08 September 2014
- EIPA: Tools for Implementation of EU Policies at National Level. Luxembourg, 22-25/ 09/ 2014
- EPHA: 5th Annual Conference 4-5 September 2014, Brussels | Register before 31st July
- Centre Maurits Coppieters: Launches a new youtube channel
- ACCA: Implementing the New European Accounting Directive: Making the right choices
- UNESDA: Impact of food taxes on public health inconclusive and contradictory as per EC study
- European Federalist Party: Juncker is the 1st elected European Commission President