29.08.14 @ 21:24
EU leaders are meeting in Brussels on Saturday to clinch a deal on two top posts and to discuss further sanctions on Russia over its military intervention in Ukraine.
29.08.14 @ 09:28
28.08.14 @ 18:04
29.08.14 @ 10:48
28.08.14 @ 16:29
29.08.14 @ 15:00
Nato has said Ukraine is free to seek membership in the alliance despite Russian opposition, as EU ministers discuss extra sanctions on Russia.
28.08.14 @ 18:10
French leader Hollande has called for a summit on eurozone growth, warning that “Europe is threatened by a long and possibly interminable stagnation if we do nothing.”
29.08.14 @ 09:30
EU and Cuban officials have made “substantial progress” towards agreeing a trade and political co-operation treaty.
29.08.14 @ 09:30
Germany, France, and Italy have indicated they are willing to impose extra sanctions on Russia due to its overt “invasion” of Ukraine.
27.08.14 @ 09:28
Italian foreign minister Mogherini may become the next EU foreign policy chief if Polish PM Tusk or a Baltic leader succeeds Van Rompuy as EU Council president.
28.08.14 @ 14:21
Ukrainian president Poroshenko has said Russian forces have invaded his country, with Kiev calling for an emergency EU and UN meeting.
28.08.14 @ 09:16
Germany and the US have lent weight to claims that Russian troops are directly involved in opening up a new front in the Ukraine conflict.
27.08.14 @ 17:52
Berlin has approved draft legislation aimed at curbing "welfare abuse", including a five year ban for EU citizens who tricked the system in a potential breach of EU law.
27.08.14 @ 09:29
French PM Manuel Valls appointed Emmanuel Macron, a 36-year-old former merchant banker, as his economy minister on Tuesday as part of his new government.
26.08.14 @ 09:30
Scotland's pro-independence leader Alex Salmond was seen as the winner of a final TV debate before the referendum next month.
28.08.14 @ 09:30
The EU is to launch a “Frontex plus” mission in autumn to help Italy on the search and rescue of Mediterranean boat migrants.
27.08.14 @ 09:30
A summit in Minsk on Tuesday failed to produce a breakthrough on the Ukraine conflict, while Nato announced a bold new plan for eastern Europe.
26.08.14 @ 07:51
The French PM has tendered the resignation of his cabinet to quell internal criticism of what is being seen as German-imposed austerity.
26.08.14 @ 09:28
The European Commission has set up an inquiry into the failure to correctly launch the latest two satellites of its ill-fated Galileo programme.
News in Brief
- Putin: 'Don't mess with us, we're a nuclear power'@ 10:03
- Ukraine 'slipping out of control', Germany warns@ 09:59
- Spain has highest youth unemployment rate29'th @ 22:14
- UN issues warning over new EU sea patrol29'th @ 22:13
- Spain backs Mogherini for EU top job29'th @ 10:57
- Obama rules out US military intervention in Ukraine29'th @ 09:23
- Scottish independence campaign gains ground29'th @ 09:23
- Polish PM 'seriously considering' EU top job29'th @ 09:23
- EU leaders meet on top jobs, Ukraine29'th @ 21:24
- Rasmussen: Ukraine free to seek Nato membership29'th @ 15:00
- FocusGreek MP hurls homophobic insults at Luxembourg PM29'th @ 10:48
- EU hails 'substantial progress' towards Cuba trade deal29'th @ 09:30
- Russia's 'invasion' of Ukraine alienates EU friends29'th @ 09:30
- OpinionEU top jobs: of dwarfs and giants29'th @ 09:28
- Hollande calls for special summit on eurozone growth28'th @ 18:10
- Opposition to Mogherini fading in EU capital28'th @ 18:04
- Martens Centre: Register now for the event “A Changing Eastern Neighbourhood”
- Martens Centre: Register now for event on 9 Sept: Banking and Monetary Union 2014-2019
- EEA and Norway Grants: Investing in people: Annual Report 2013-2014
- EuFoA: Tension rises in Nagorno-Karabakh as ceasefire negotiations are underway
- ACCA: Supports a coherent EU Single Market as to the balance of competences in the UK
- EIPA: Preparing for New EPSO Competitions: Luxembourg, 08 September 2014
- EIPA: Tools for Implementation of EU Policies at National Level. Luxembourg, 22-25/ 09/ 2014
- EPHA: 5th Annual Conference 4-5 September 2014, Brussels
- Centre Maurits Coppieters: Launches a new youtube channel
- ACCA: Implementing the New European Accounting Directive: Making the right choices