27.11.14 @ 20:01
The EU commission is set to give France, Italy and Belgium three more months to implement deficit-and-debt cutting measures or face fines.
27.11.14 @ 17:06
26.11.14 @ 18:30
25.11.14 @ 09:29
27.11.14 @ 09:26
MEPs are - in a vote on Thursday - putting pressure on EU anti-trust regulators to unbundle Google, amid US complaints.
27.11.14 @ 18:10
EU countries have blacklisted 13 Ukrainian “separatists” and five entities, amid uncertainty on what to do if the conflict escalates.
25.11.14 @ 21:01
Juncker is to unveil an "investment package" he says is worth €315bn for the next three years. But the EU's actual contribution will be just €8bn.
27.11.14 @ 09:28
The National Front is in talks with a Kremlin bank to borrow €40 million to win power in France, Mediapart reports.
26.11.14 @ 16:28
Most members of the European Parliament have endorsed Jean Claude Juncker's investment plan based on financial engineering, but critical voices said the scheme did not add up.
26.11.14 @ 18:24
Demands by EU citizens for their names to no longer appear in a search engine result following a right-to-be forgotten request could be extended worldwide.
26.11.14 @ 09:29
Austria’s far-right FPO party has defended its relations with the Kremlin, amid signs of a wider Russian strategy to build ties with anti-EU parties.
25.11.14 @ 15:34
Pope Francis has criticised the EU's treatment of migrants, its institutions, and its focus on growth and consumerism.
25.11.14 @ 18:49
EU internal budget auditors say member states will need to fork out an additional €326 billion to finance their on-going EU-funded projects over the coming years.
25.11.14 @ 09:28
Talks on Iran’s nuclear programme have been extended until July, with the EU wondering whether to keep Ashton in the process.
26.11.14 @ 09:29
The eurozone is “grinding to a standstill” and now poses “a major risk to world growth”, the OECD has said.
25.11.14 @ 19:10
The EU commission has awarded €50mn to member states to set up passenger data sharing systems, despite an upcoming EU Court analysis on the probity of similar schemes.
25.11.14 @ 20:04
The European Commission has pledged to increase the number of documents it makes public relating to ongoing free trade talks with the US in a bid to shore up public support for the negotiations.
25.11.14 @ 06:55
Juncker questioned the motive of the motion of censure, but some say "the shadow of the scandal" will follow the commission president.
News in Brief
- Germany bows to pressure and accepts EU trade deal@ 09:09
- France to debate Palestine independence@ 09:09
- Juncker defends Luxembourg tax regime@ 09:08
- UK summons PwC tax chief to LuxLeaks hearing@ 09:05
- Rajoy: No 'generalised corruption' in Spain@ 09:04
- Deflation hits Spain in November@ 09:03
- MEPs back anti-Google resolution27'th @ 14:12
- European Parliament approves new data protection supervisor27'th @ 14:06
- France, Italy, Belgium to get extra three months on deficit and debt27'th @ 20:01
- EU blacklists 13 Ukrainians over Russia war27'th @ 18:10
- OpinionTurkey needs its women, Mr Erdogan27'th @ 17:06
- AnalysisEurope's 'last chance' investment scheme depends on pension funds27'th @ 11:07
- Mediapart: National Front's Kremlin loan is worth €40mn27'th @ 09:28
- MEP vote ups pressure on EU to break up Google27'th @ 09:26
- OpinionCommon European investment programme needed26'th @ 18:30
- EU regulators want right-to-be forgotten to go global26'th @ 18:24
- Danuta Hübner: Danuta Hübner at the first meeting of the EPP Working Group on TTiP
- Danuta Hübner: Jobs, Growth & Investment Package to succeed if mobilizes private sector
- Eva Paunova: Digital techs must be recognised as best route to growth and development
- Jan Philipp Albrecht: EU-Canada PNR scheme must have legality assessed by European Court
- Cecilia Wikström: Interview - From a priest to an MEP
- Martina Dlabajová: Still no discharge for the Council from the Budgetary Control Committee
- Jerzy Buzek: Reindustrialisation & climate targets married via research on clean coal technologies
- Michael Theurer: Dalligate II: Time to return to the facts and follow checks and balances
- Victor Negrescu: The Next Generation Innovators
- Access Now: Wishing “Bon voyage” to PNR agreements in Europe
- EBF: EBF underlines need to match EFSI funds with stable economic framework
- European SchoolNet: Making competence based education a reality in schools across Europe
- CESI: Breaking Down Barriers: Towards Gender Equality at Work. Lunch debate, 11 Dec
- Counter Balance: Junker investment package shifts risks from private investors to EU taxpayers
- ThinkYoung: Join the Charity Dinner for UNICEF by ThinkYoung & Burson Marsteller to fight Ebola!
- Access Now: Save the Internet: The EU MS are about to turn their backs on Net Neutrality
- EU Spirits: Do you know how apples & pears go into a bottle ?
- Martens Centre: Invites you to the Transatlantic Think Tank Conference on 4 Dec, register now!
- EMHRN: Day for the Elimination of Violence vs. Women: Bleak Picture for the Euro-Med Region