Today @ 09:25
EU ambassadors meeting in Brussels on Thursday are set to discuss a raft of new sanctions on Russia, as Moscow has shown no signs of wanting to meet an EU ultimatum over Ukraine.
22.07.14 @ 18:21
18.07.14 @ 19:30
21.07.14 @ 09:44
18.07.14 @ 09:27
Today @ 08:47
A decision by the EU court to scrap a controversial data retention directive may have implications for existing international data agreements and EU proposals under review.
23.07.14 @ 16:02
Rome is continuing to push Italian foreign minister Federica Mogherini to be the next EU foreign policy chief, despite opposition based on her experience and her country's perceived pro-Russia stance.
22.07.14 @ 20:42
Even before the MH17 disaster, EU countries were discussing a potential ban on Russian oil and gas imports if worst comes to worst.
23.07.14 @ 17:26
The EU commission has tabled a plan to increase the bloc's overall energy efficiency, but it watered it down amid fears of Russian gas supplies being cut in the ongoing Ukraine crisis.
22.07.14 @ 17:47
EU ministers have threatened Russia with full-scale - "stage three" - economic sanctions in the wake of the Malaysia Airlines crash.
23.07.14 @ 09:28
The EU wants to set up a legal channels to prevent Syrians from turning to smugglers to get to European Union territory - but can it deal with the thousands already trying to reach its shores.
22.07.14 @ 20:14
EU countries have defended Israel’s use of force in Gaza, but blamed it for harming peace prospects in the longer term.
23.07.14 @ 09:12
The UK is still exporting millions of euros worth of arms to Russia, despite fears that Moscow has been arming separatists in Ukraine.
22.07.14 @ 09:28
Paris has reportedly authorised a demonstration in support for Gaza on Wednesday after two government-banned protests over the weekend turned violent.
21.07.14 @ 09:22
Germany and France are locked in a tussle about who should be the next EU economic affairs commissioner, a decision that will send a key symbolic message.
23.07.14 @ 09:16
Two separate reports by the US central bank and the Senate have criticised Deutsche Bank for having internal irregularities and for helping investment funds to avoid taxes.
22.07.14 @ 09:18
EU foreign policy is facing a major test today as ministers gather in Brussels to consider their response to the suspected downing of the Malaysia Airlines flight by Russia-backed rebels in eastern Ukraine.
21.07.14 @ 10:25
The US and the UK are putting pressure on the EU to impose tougher sanctions on Russia in the wake of the Malaysian Airlines disaster.
21.07.14 @ 09:29
Deep reforms on how the EU operates and is governed are needed if the UK is to remain a member of the Union, Britain's new foreign minister has said.
News in Brief
- EU abstentions clear way for UN enquiry on Gaza@ 12:59
- EU commission delaying GMO decision for 14 years@ 12:34
- US willing to give EU citizens same rights on data privacy@ 12:33
- US ambassador expects clarity on EU sanctions@ 11:53
- Bulgarian PM resigns@ 09:39
- Germany rejects calls to scrap Russia's 2018 World Cup@ 09:31
- Greek economy to grow 0.7%@ 09:30
- Dutch mayor calls for Putin's daughter to be deported@ 09:28
- OpinionAnti-Roma prejudice rampant in state child protection services@ 14:36
- EU readies new sanctions on defiant Russia@ 09:25
- Scrapped EU surveillance law throws doubt on US data agreements@ 08:47
- Russia angst sees EU energy efficiency targets watered down23'rd @ 17:26
- Rome continues to push Italian FM to replace Ashton23'rd @ 16:02
- EU grapples with smugglers as people fleeing conflict face torture23'rd @ 09:28
- Deutsche Bank under fire in the US23'rd @ 09:16
- UK is still sending arms to Russia, say MPs23'rd @ 09:12
- IFSBH: Join our new initiative: People United for Spina Bifida and Hydrocephalus!
- ACCA: Supports a coherent EU Single Market as to the balance of competences in the UK
- EIPA: Preparing for New EPSO Competitions: Luxembourg, 08 September 2014
- EIPA: Tools for Implementation of EU Policies at National Level. Luxembourg, 22-25/ 09/ 2014
- EPHA: 5th Annual Conference 4-5 September 2014, Brussels | Register before 31st July
- Centre Maurits Coppieters: Launches a new youtube channel
- ACCA: Implementing the New European Accounting Directive: Making the right choices
- UNESDA: Impact of food taxes on public health inconclusive and contradictory as per EC study
- European Federalist Party: Juncker is the 1st elected European Commission President
- Martens Centre: Register now for event on 9 Sept: Banking and Monetary Union 2014-2019