22.07.14 @ 17:47
EU ministers have threatened Russia with full-scale - "stage three" - economic sanctions in the wake of the Malaysia Airlines crash.
22.07.14 @ 18:21
18.07.14 @ 19:30
21.07.14 @ 09:44
18.07.14 @ 09:27
22.07.14 @ 20:42
Even before the MH17 disaster, EU countries were discussing a potential ban on Russian oil and gas imports if worst comes to worst.
22.07.14 @ 09:18
EU foreign policy is facing a major test today as ministers gather in Brussels to consider their response to the suspected downing of the Malaysia Airlines flight by Russia-backed rebels in eastern Ukraine.
21.07.14 @ 10:25
The US and the UK are putting pressure on the EU to impose tougher sanctions on Russia in the wake of the Malaysian Airlines disaster.
22.07.14 @ 20:14
EU countries have defended Israel’s use of force in Gaza, but blamed it for harming peace prospects in the longer term.
22.07.14 @ 09:28
Paris has reportedly authorised a demonstration in support for Gaza on Wednesday after two government-banned protests over the weekend turned violent.
21.07.14 @ 09:22
Germany and France are locked in a tussle about who should be the next EU economic affairs commissioner, a decision that will send a key symbolic message.
21.07.14 @ 09:29
Deep reforms on how the EU operates and is governed are needed if the UK is to remain a member of the Union, Britain's new foreign minister has said.
18.07.14 @ 16:03
The race to locate the black box, flight deck recorder, and the cockpit recorder is underway as investigators travel to the wreckage of Malaysia Airlines flight 17 in eastern Ukraine.
17.07.14 @ 21:11
An airliner carrying 295 people has crashed in a conflict zone in east Ukraine, with all on board presumed dead.
17.07.14 @ 20:36
The European Commission has warned that it is running out of money again in the latest stand-off between the EU institutions over its unpaid bills.
18.07.14 @ 14:59
German Chancellor Angela Merkel has said Russia must acknowledge its share of responsibility in the Ukraine airplane disaster.
18.07.14 @ 09:22
The UK has tabled a UN resolution calling for an international enquiry into the Malaysian Airlines crash, as European countries count their casualties.
18.07.14 @ 09:51
At 60, German chancellor Angela Merkel is the most popular and powerful leader among her EU peers.
News in Brief
- Further EU summit on Russia not excluded22'nd @ 15:22
- Italy wants bigger Frontex role in Mediterranean22'nd @ 12:50
- UK to probe alleged Russian involvement in spy's death22'nd @ 12:07
- EU leaders may meet again before 1 August22'nd @ 10:44
- Austria wants arms embargo on Russia22'nd @ 10:35
- Dutch PM: all sanctions on the table21'st @ 17:45
- Steinmeier wants EU to 'increase pressure' on Russia21'st @ 17:45
- EU ambassadors in emergency meeting on Ukraine21'st @ 17:14
- AnalysisLeaked paper: EU options on 'stage three' Russia sanctions22'nd @ 20:42
- EU defends Israel's Gaza incursion22'nd @ 20:14
- OpinionGaza: ‘Burning the consciousness’22'nd @ 18:21
- EU threatens Russian economy after MH17 disaster22'nd @ 17:47
- French ease ban on pro-Gaza demonstrations in Paris22'nd @ 09:28
- EU foreign policy faces test after MH17 shootdown22'nd @ 09:18
- EU under pressure to broaden Russia sanctions21'st @ 10:25
- OpinionPutin's real war21'st @ 09:44
- EIPA: Preparing for New EPSO Competitions: Luxembourg, 08 September 2014
- EIPA: Tools for Implementation of EU Policies at National Level. Luxembourg, 22-25/ 09/ 2014
- EPHA: 5th Annual Conference 4-5 September 2014, Brussels | Register before 31st July
- Centre Maurits Coppieters: Launches a new youtube channel
- ACCA: Implementing the New European Accounting Directive: Making the right choices
- UNESDA: Impact of food taxes on public health inconclusive and contradictory as per EC study
- European Federalist Party: Juncker is the 1st elected European Commission President
- Martens Centre: Register now for event on 9 Sept: Banking and Monetary Union 2014-2019
- EUA: Business community highlights President Juncker the benefits of energy efficiency
- EBF: Statement on appointment of Juncker as 13th President of EU Commission