07.03.14 @ 17:56
EU centre-right leaders, including Merkel, have given the strongest support so far to Ukraine's hopes to one day join the EU.
07.03.14 @ 18:38
07.03.14 @ 08:58
06.03.14 @ 09:52
06.03.14 @ 07:57
07.03.14 @ 19:04
Former US intelligence contractor Edward Snowden wants asylum in Europe.
06.03.14 @ 20:15
EU leaders have frozen talks on visa-free travel with Russia and threatened asset freezes and economic sanctions if the situation in Ukraine gets worse.
07.03.14 @ 09:28
Harsh treatment of people who expose corruption is a deterrent for others to step forward, says Transparency International.
07.03.14 @ 19:12
The centre-right EPP has chosen Juncker, an EU politics veteran and former head of the Eurogroup, as its top candidate for the European Commission.
07.03.14 @ 09:19
Ukrainian opposition leaders Tymoshenko and Klitschko warned centre-right EU leaders against letting Russia invade their country.
07.03.14 @ 09:34
The ECB should scrap its target to keep price inflation at 2 percent, Nobel prize winning economist Joseph Stiglitz has said.
06.03.14 @ 16:20
Ukraine’s interim leader has urged the UK and US to protect its territorial integrity, but indicated the Ukrainian army will not act unless Russian forces move beyond Crimea.
06.03.14 @ 09:40
EU countries are not expected to impose tough sanctions on Russia over Crimea when leaders meet on Thursday.
06.03.14 @ 09:27
European centre right leaders are gathering in Dublin for a two-day congress aimed at selecting their top candidate for the EU elections and showing support for the Ukrainian opposition.
05.03.14 @ 18:19
Europe's far-left are set to outnumber the Liberals in the next European Parliament, according to a pan-EU opinion poll published on Wednesday.
06.03.14 @ 12:55
MPs in Ukraine’s Russian-occupied Crimea said it should be part of Russia as EU leaders arrived for an emergency summit in Brussels.
06.03.14 @ 11:15
Italy and France were the major euro area countries put on the European Commission's economic "watch-list" over fears about high debt and deficit levels.
05.03.14 @ 13:40
EU commission head Barroso has proposed almost €11 billion in new money to help stabilise post-revolutionary Ukraine.
04.03.14 @ 19:09
Nato head Rasmussen has shown sympathy for Polish and Baltic states’ fears of Russia’s aggressive posture in Ukraine and beyond.
News in Brief
- Juncker elected EPP's top candidate for commission presidency7'th @ 16:01
- Ten EU countries want Ukraine mission7'th @ 13:40
- Centre-right group adopts election manifesto7'th @ 13:04
- Centre-right leaders say Ukraine has a shot at EU membership7'th @ 13:03
- Russian ambassador pours scorn on EU 'freezes'7'th @ 10:27
- Cuba accepts offer to restore EU relations7'th @ 09:23
- Spain spends millions to keep immigrants out7'th @ 09:23
- Erdogan threatens to ban YouTube and Facebook7'th @ 09:22
- EU ElectionsJuncker elected centre-right's top EU candidate7'th @ 19:12
- Edward Snowden wants asylum in EU7'th @ 19:04
- OpinionOn 'doing' Ukraine7'th @ 18:38
- Centre-right leaders give Ukraine hope of EU membership7'th @ 17:56
- Stiglitz: ECB should scrap inflation targets7'th @ 09:34
- Transparency group pushes for stronger whistleblower laws7'th @ 09:28
- 'Putin will go as far as the West allows him to'7'th @ 09:19
- EU ElectionsAustrian far-right set for strong showing in EU vote7'th @ 08:58
- COFACE: and COFACE-Disability on the occasion of International Women’s Day
- Irradiare: EU workshop on biomethane – markets, value chains and applications
- Counter Balance: Take a virtual lobby tour through the heart of the EU
- EMHRN: International Women’s Day: Violence rises, impunity prevails
- EuFoA: Latest paper "EU-Armenia relations: future developments & prospects" published
- Greenpeace: EU energy ministers should get back in the saddle on climate & energy policy
- SUPERHUB: Join us at CeBIT 2014 Hannover the largest fair showcasing IT and telecom solutions
- COFACE: Less than 100 days to go to #EP2014. Need more info ? Sign up for #FamiliesVOTE2014
- EMHRN: Syrian Rights Groups to the Human Rights Council: Stop Violence against Women in Syria!
- EIPA: Efficiency and Quality of Justice Luxembourg, 27-28 March 2014