Today @ 17:46
EU ombudsman Emily O'Reilly wants more transparency from EU institutions on letting officials switch to the private sector, negotiating trade agreements, and allowing medicines onto the European market.
Today @ 15:23
Today @ 09:07
22.09.14 @ 18:02
21.09.14 @ 19:14
22.09.14 @ 18:07
ECB chief Draghi has said he is prepared to use more unconventional measures to spur growth in the eurozone.
22.09.14 @ 09:24
British PM David Cameron is under fire from his own party and from the Labour opposition for having promised more powers to Scotland but being vague on similar devolution plans for England.
22.09.14 @ 09:20
An alleged plot to carry out an attack against the European Commission headquarters in Brussels has been uncovered by authorities.
Today @ 15:07
If you are looking for love and a good job then you need to use the Erasmus student exchange programme, according to new research published by the European Commission.
22.09.14 @ 10:13
European governments need to "boost demand" in order to reduce unemployment and avoid deflation, the US Treasury secretary has told the G20 group.
19.09.14 @ 16:06
Catalan leader Artur Mas has said the Scottish referendum has reinforced his plan to hold a similar vote at home.
19.09.14 @ 07:10
Voters in Scotland have said No to independence from the UK, but the intense campaigning and record-high turnout are models for separatist movements elsewhere in Europe.
19.09.14 @ 09:30
Ukraine leader Poroshenko has warned the US that Europe is at risk of a “terrible … war”, but failed to get American weapons in return.
18.09.14 @ 09:29
Over 4 million people are to cast their vote in favour or against Scottish independence on Thursday, with Spain calling it a "torpedo" against EU integration.
17.09.14 @ 20:52
Outgoing EU commissioner for employment Laszlo Andor defended EU-wide efforts to tackle youth unemployment amid critical remarks from MEPs.
19.09.14 @ 09:32
Prime Minister David Cameron has promised more powers will be devolved to all parts of the UK while expressing his delight that Scotland voted to stay a part of the United Kingdom.
17.09.14 @ 09:26
Palestinian people fleeing Israel’s occupation of Gaza were most of the victims in the Malta boat incident last week.
18.09.14 @ 09:28
Finland’s new PM, Stubb, is facing a coalition split over plans for a Russian-built nuclear plant.
16.09.14 @ 15:22
Ukraine has granted semi-autonomy to pro-Russia rebels, the same day as ratifying a strategic EU treaty.
News in Brief
- Greece can exit bailout, self-finance in 2015, says PM@ 17:55
- Ombudsman urges better supervision of senior EU officials@ 10:30
- Poland buys missiles from US amid Russia tensions@ 09:13
- EU agrees to state aid for new British nuclear plant@ 09:12
- S&P faces trial in Italy over financial manipulation@ 09:11
- Four million to study under new Erasmus programme22'nd @ 17:53
- French PM briefs Merkel on reforms22'nd @ 14:26
- EU commission says did not receive threat alert22'nd @ 12:35
- Ombudsman vows 'robust' action against EU secrecy@ 17:46
- OpinionCameron's logic calls for eurozone democracy@ 15:23
- FocusErasmus students find love and jobs, EU research finds@ 15:07
- OpinionRussia sanctions and the EU: What went wrong?@ 09:07
- OpinionThe rollback of transparency@ 09:07
- ECB ready to use more 'unconventional tools' to spur economy22'nd @ 18:07
- AnalysisFailure to launch: Is the ECB's tool-kit empty?22'nd @ 18:02
- FocusChronic Diseases22'nd @ 17:01
- EBF: Tax Conference reviews complexities of Common Reporting Standard
- Centre Maurits Coppieters: Conference on the Right to Decide: Catalonia, Scotland and beyond
- Centre Maurits Coppieters: Launches new study on Paradiplomacy
- EUFORES: Inter-Parliamentary Meeting on Renewable Energy: 10 -11 October, Lisbon
- EBF: European banks and Europol join forces to fight cybercrime
- MEP Dita Charanzová: Hearing on EU-Russia Sanctions: a new Trade Policy? 24/09, 13h.
- EMHRN: UN Commission on Syria recognises dangers facing human rights defenders
- EU-ASE: Business leaders push the Danish Government for ambitious energy savings
- Oxfam: Back to school
- CESI: Event: Working Time Directive – new term, new impetus? 25 September 2014, 1pm-3pm