31.10.14 @ 19:13
Only an external investigation can restore faith in the EU police mission in Kosovo, the British prosecutor at the heart of corruption revelations tells EUobserver.
31.10.14 @ 19:09
31.10.14 @ 18:39
31.10.14 @ 08:03
31.10.14 @ 08:20
31.10.14 @ 08:22
A combination of lax rules and no-questions-asked policy means that money from the European Investment Bank, the EU's longterm lending institution, is flowing to tax havens. An Egyptian case study shows how this happens.
31.10.14 @ 09:29
Ukraine and Russia have agreed terms on winter gas supplies, but the deal looks unlikely to de-escalate the military conflict despite EU hopes.
30.10.14 @ 19:27
The EU’s rule of law mission in Kosovo is fighting to maintain credibility after allegations of bribe-taking and attempts to gag press.
31.10.14 @ 18:35
The EU lodged its fourth formal complaint against Russia to the World Trade Organisation (WTO) on Friday in the latest round of the trade battle between the two blocs.
30.10.14 @ 18:29
Recent statements by the next EU digital commissioner Gunther Oettinger on imposing a special tax on Google has drawn carefully worded criticism from within the current EU commission.
31.10.14 @ 09:27
The European Union is investing around €33 million to promote European agricultural products in the EU.
30.10.14 @ 09:29
Negotiators are struggling to secure EU winter gas supplies, with Ukraine saying chances of a deal are “pretty high”, but complaining of “lack of trust”.
30.10.14 @ 09:28
EU citizens tend to overestimate the number of immigrants and the unemployment rate in their country, a survey shows.
29.10.14 @ 19:02
Up to nine EU countries may buy their way to achieving targets set under an international climate change treaty.
29.10.14 @ 09:21
The EU commission Tuesday lashed out at Hungary’s proposal to introduce the world’s first Internet tax, while 100,000 people took to the Budapest streets in protest.
30.10.14 @ 09:57
France has said it has not yet decided whether to go ahead with a delivery of a warship to Russia, after a Russian minister published an invitation to the delivery ceremony mid-November.
29.10.14 @ 09:03
A majority of Italians believe that ditching the lira for the euro has been bad for their country, according to a new survey.
29.10.14 @ 08:57
In its last major political act before it steps down at the end of the week, the current EU commission has given the provisional all-clear to each of the 18 eurozone budgets.
28.10.14 @ 09:27
A floating LNG terminal arrived at the Lithuanian city Klaipeda on Monday where it was greeted by locals as the guarantor of the Baltic region's energy supply.
News in Brief
- Dutch research team finds human remains at MH17 crash site31'st @ 18:29
- EU unemployment rate unchanged in September31'st @ 17:52
- UK's EU contribution up €3.5 billion in 201331'st @ 17:52
- German autobahn toll set to be introduced in 201631'st @ 14:39
- Frontex-led operation Triton has enough money for 2 months31'st @ 14:35
- Eurozone inflation rate marginally up31'st @ 13:54
- Report: EU mission in Kosovo passed information to Serbian spies31'st @ 13:16
- Orban retreats from internet tax plan after protests31'st @ 09:34
- Whistleblower urges external probe into EU mission in Kosovo31'st @ 19:13
- 'Better than Belgium', or the long goodbye31'st @ 19:09
- AgendaJuncker commission starts this WEEK31'st @ 18:39
- EU lodges new WTO protest against Russia31'st @ 18:35
- OpinionJailing Iran’s Internet, one user at a time31'st @ 10:55
- 'No one to stay cold', as Russia and Ukraine clinch winter gas deal31'st @ 09:29
- EU promotes consumption of meat and milk31'st @ 09:27
- InvestigationEurope’s tax haven investments in Africa31'st @ 08:22
After 10 years as European Commission president, his most "emotional" moment was collecting the EU's Nobel Peace Prize, Jose Manuel Barroso told MEPs in Strasbourg on Tuesday (21 October) in his last speech in the European Parliament.
- Counter Balance: Ombudsman: EIB weakens EU to strengthen rule of law in Bosnia-Herzegovina
- EBF: The new EU Financial Reporting Advisory Group Board marks new milestone in governance
- EuropeanIssuers & FESE: European Small and Mid-Cap Awards - 26th November 2014
- EN.DELFI: Editor: Our readers understand that Russia is not joking
- European Jewish Congress: Sweden recognition of Palestinian State adds fuel to Middle East
- EFA: Catalonia decides on 9N ! Support EFA campaign for democracy and freedom.
- European SchoolNet: Europe needs to boost the E-skills to tap the job creation potential of ICT
- European SchoolNet: European government agencies & industry combine to combat bullying
- EIPA: European Union Civil Service Law, Brussels, 27-28 November 2014
- EGBA: Want to know how the EU online betting industry fights match-fixing?