14.07.14 @ 09:25
The saga of who will get the EU's top jobs will move a step closer to conclusion this week, in the last major event before the EU institutions begin their six-week summer recess.
07.07.14 @ 09:26
EU commission president Jose Manuel Barroso will take the witness stand at the European Court of Justice this week in the latest act of the Dalligate lobbying scandal.
20.06.14 @ 16:51
European leaders will next week try to agree who should fill top EU posts and will sign free trade treaties with Georgia, Moldova, and Ukraine.
10.06.14 @ 09:28
The EU's top jobs saga, economic future and a possible tax probe are likely to dominate the agenda in the EU this week.
30.06.14 @ 09:28
751 MEPs from 186 national parties will gather in Strasbourg this week, as the eighth European Parliament is formally constituted on Tuesday (1 July).
16.06.14 @ 09:29
EU top posts consultations continue this week with council chief Van Rompuy in Rome and Danish PM Thorning-Schmidt in Berlin for talks.
02.06.14 @ 09:28
US President Obama is back in the EU capital this week for a summit of G7 wealthy nations to be dominated by Ukraine.
23.05.14 @ 16:42
EU leaders will meet in Brussels Tuesday to discuss the outcome of the EU and Ukrainian elections, kicking off the nomination process of the next European Commission chief.
05.05.14 @ 09:41
Siim Kallas, the acting commissioner for the eurozone, will present the bloc's spring economic forecast on Monday.
07.04.14 @ 09:33
New legislation on the rights of shareholders and corporate governance is set to top the agenda of a quiet week for the EU's institutions.
10.03.14 @ 09:28
Ukraine, data protection, and the performance of the troika in bailout countries, are among the top subjects set for debate and vote at the Strasbourg plenary session this week.
12.05.14 @ 09:20
The EU this week will see a flurry of visits to and from the eastern neighbours - Ukraine, Moldova and Georgia - as Russia continues to stir trouble in the region.
28.04.14 @ 09:27
Campaigning for the EU elections gets in full swing this week, with two debates scheduled among the four top candidates of the main political groups.
30.03.14 @ 11:32
Chinese President Xi is in Brussels for talks on trade and security, while more than 60 African leaders are due at a summit later in the week.
21.02.14 @ 18:44
German Chancellor Angela Merkel will be received with the highest level of pomp during her visit to London this week.
News in Brief
- Hungary nominates foreign minister for commissioner post30'th @ 19:22
- Nato: Over 12,000 Russian troops on Ukraine border30'th @ 18:30
- Russian central bank to help blacklisted banks30'th @ 14:15
- Russia to ban Polish fruit and vegetable imports30'th @ 12:54
- EU boosts Syria aid30'th @ 09:12
- Moldova to receive €101 million in EU funds30'th @ 09:11
- EU government ransom money bankrolls terrorists30'th @ 09:06
- Former Catalan president in tax evasion scandal30'th @ 09:05
- EU blacklists three Putin 'cronies'30'th @ 21:59
- Ebola risk in Europe 'extremely low'30'th @ 19:17
- US joins EU on Russia economic sanctions30'th @ 09:28
- EU to 'scrutinise' Cameron's migrant benefits plan30'th @ 09:15
- EU approves economic sanctions on Russia29'th @ 19:52
- Ex-Kosovo paramilitaries face war crimes indictment29'th @ 17:31
- OpinionStopping the wave of asylum seekers means fixing Libya29'th @ 16:10
- Obama, EU leaders agree on Russia sanctions29'th @ 09:28
- EEAS: Statement on the downing of Malaysia Airlines flight. In memoriam of Pim de Kuijer
- IFSBH: Join our new initiative: People United for Spina Bifida and Hydrocephalus!
- ACCA: Supports a coherent EU Single Market as to the balance of competences in the UK
- EIPA: Preparing for New EPSO Competitions: Luxembourg, 08 September 2014
- EIPA: Tools for Implementation of EU Policies at National Level. Luxembourg, 22-25/ 09/ 2014
- EPHA: 5th Annual Conference 4-5 September 2014, Brussels | Register before 31st July
- Centre Maurits Coppieters: Launches a new youtube channel
- ACCA: Implementing the New European Accounting Directive: Making the right choices
- UNESDA: Impact of food taxes on public health inconclusive and contradictory as per EC study
- European Federalist Party: Juncker is the 1st elected European Commission President