15.12.14 @ 08:05
The Juncker plan, the European Commission 2015 work programme and a vote on Palestine are all on the EU agenda this week.
08.12.14 @ 09:19
EU lawmakers enter the 11th hour of budget negotiations as European commissioners and President Jean-Claude Juncker swear an oath to respect fundamental rights this Week.
14.11.14 @ 17:23
European ministers of foreign affairs and defence will see how the new EU foreign policy chief's style differs from Catherine Ashton's.
31.10.14 @ 18:39
The new European Commission headed by president Jean-Claude Juncker kicks off this week while MEPs return to Brussels from their constituencies to discuss climate change and finance ministers tax laws.
21.11.14 @ 16:19
The unveiling of a highly anticipated investment fund, a censure vote, a decision on France's budget and the visit by the Pope to the European Parliament makes next week one of the busiest since the Juncker commission began.
07.11.14 @ 17:31
Leaked tax evasion schemes for multinational corporations in Luxembourg loom large as the new European Commission finishes its first turbulent week in office.
10.10.14 @ 18:33
MEPs this week will decide on how many hearings they still need to complete Juncker's commission, after the replacement of the Slovenian candidate.
03.10.14 @ 18:47
The European Parliament is once again at the centre of the action next week, as it completes the final rounds of hearings for the next European Commission and welcomes Eurovision song contest winner Conchita Wurst.
12.09.14 @ 16:29
This week most of the EU's attention will focus on Scottish voters who, on Thursday, will decide whether they want their country to break away from its 300-year union with rest of the UK.
07.07.14 @ 09:26
EU commission president Jose Manuel Barroso will take the witness stand at the European Court of Justice this week in the latest act of the Dalligate lobbying scandal.
20.06.14 @ 16:51
European leaders will next week try to agree who should fill top EU posts and will sign free trade treaties with Georgia, Moldova, and Ukraine.
21.09.14 @ 19:14
Implementing the EU response to minimising the public cost of future financial crises and getting banks to offer up loans top the agenda this WEEK.
14.07.14 @ 09:25
The saga of who will get the EU's top jobs will move a step closer to conclusion this week, in the last major event before the EU institutions begin their six-week summer recess.
30.06.14 @ 09:28
751 MEPs from 186 national parties will gather in Strasbourg this week, as the eighth European Parliament is formally constituted on Tuesday (1 July).
16.06.14 @ 09:29
EU top posts consultations continue this week with council chief Van Rompuy in Rome and Danish PM Thorning-Schmidt in Berlin for talks.
News in Brief
- Bribery allegations mar Greek presidential vote@ 14:14
- Russia seeks to jail top anti-corruption activist for 10 years@ 14:13
- IMF holds back tranche for Cyprus@ 09:04
- Tsipras wants to 'cancel austerity' if elected@ 09:03
- Poroshenko calls on parliament to adopt bill on joining Nato@ 09:03
- Italian president to step down@ 09:03
- Poland warns of veto on UK migrant benefits cuts plan@ 09:02
- Dutch coalition saved by deal on health bill@ 01:27
- Tusk praised for 'short, concise' EU summit@ 16:49
- Thousands protest in Brussels against EU-US trade ageement@ 16:45
- Luxembourg caves in to EU tax listing demands@ 09:01
- Merkel: EU strategy is to maintain Russia sanctions@ 01:36
- TTIP by end of 2015, EU leaders pledge@ 01:34
- EU leaders want 'urgent' action on investment fund18'th @ 22:29
- OpinionEU-Turkey ties will survive war of words18'th @ 21:07
- Court crushes EU plan to join human rights convention18'th @ 18:36
- Jan Philipp Albrecht: Study on Data Retention after the Judgement of the Court of Justice of the European Union
- Cecilia Wikström: EU Governments must come clean on CIA torture programme
- Tonino Picula: Georgia needs support of the European Union today!
- Michael Theurer: Noch mehr Schulden sind nicht der Ausweg aus der Schuldenfalle!
- Eva Paunova: Granted JA-YE and AmCham EU Youth Entrepreneurship Award
- Tonino Picula: The youngest European state deserves future in EU, I said to FMA after visiting Kosovo
- Eva Paunova: Meets US Chief negotiator on TTIP during diplomatic visit in Washington DC
- Jerzy Buzek: Congratulations to the town Kisielice for winning the EU 2014 ManagEnergy Award
- Victor Negrescu: S&D40 members meeting with the leader of the S&D Group, Gianni Pitella
- Jan Philipp Albrecht: Digital market/Google: MEPs fail to focus consumer rights and net neutrality
- Access Now: U.S. pushing to undermine net neutrality & privacy in major trade agreements
- Carbon Market Watch: Carbon offsets from Alberta’s tar sands jeopardize EU fuel rules
- Counter Balance: Juncker's investment offensive targets dodgy projects, new stories everyday
- EBF: Downward trend in bank robberies continues
- EBF: Adoption of fourth EU Anti-Money Laundering Directive
- COFACE: News - December 2014
- Oxfam: EU executives’ fixation with private sector compromises commitment to poor people
- Martens Centre: 5 reasons why the end of South Stream should mark the start of Energy Union
- Dialogue Platform: Calls for release of journalists detained in Turkey
- EMHRN: Egypt: Const. Committee Testify to Baselessness of Charges in Shura Council Case