15.06.13 @ 07:33
EU-US trade relations will take centre stage at a meeting of eight of the world's wealthiest nations in Northern Ireland on Monday.
08.06.13 @ 09:07
The German Constitutional Court is holding a public hearing this week on the legality of the European Central Bank's actions during the euro-crisis.
13.05.13 @ 09:23
Tax havens and banking transparency top this week’s agenda as EU finance ministers meet to discuss the issue on Tuesday.
19.04.13 @ 17:20
US Secretary of State John Kerry will be in Brussels at the beginning of the week while the end of the week will see EU-ambivalent Icelanders go to the polls.
03.06.13 @ 13:00
EU leaders are travelling to Yekaterinburg on the Kazakhstan border for the latest EU-Russia summit on Monday.
26.04.13 @ 17:36
The European Commission will next Friday unveil its latest forecast for economic growth and employment in EU countries.
13.04.13 @ 09:36
European Parliament elections will feature on the agenda this week after a poll to choose 12 new MEPs in Croatia on Sunday.
08.04.13 @ 10:35
Trade and tax are likely to take centre stage when US Treasury secretary Jacob Lew visits EU leaders this week.
09.03.13 @ 13:28
MEPs and EU leaders will this week look to a political deal on the 2014-2020 budget.
01.02.13 @ 16:45
EU leaders gather in Brussels at the end of the week for a second attempt to agree the bloc's budget framework for 2014-2020.
18.01.13 @ 19:18
Jean Claude Juncker is to bow out as President of the Eurogroup this week with Dutch finance minister Jeroen Dijsselbloem to take his place.
15.03.13 @ 18:35
Foreign ministers will seek a deal on arming the Syrian rebels this week, while the European commission will table new proposals on transferring more economic governance powers to Brussels.
22.02.13 @ 18:54
Eastern Europe dominates this WEEK’s agenda as EU leaders hope to pave the way for a “historic breakthrough” with Ukraine later this year.
25.01.13 @ 20:15
Members of EU and national parliaments this week are looking at ways how to better coordinate economic policies, with negotiations on the next seven-year budget and on the single banking supervisor entering the final phase.
11.01.13 @ 19:25
Justice ministers from around Europe are gathering in Dublin near the end of the week as euro-deputies convene a plenary in Strasbourg.
News in Brief
- Cyprus denies trying to renegotiate bailout
- EP delegation to Turkey postponed after criticism
- Greek government continues talks on state broadcaster
- Finnish intelligence ageny wants more snooping powers
- Dolce and Gabbana sentenced to jail for tax evasion
- Kosovo envoy to Serbia quits
- Italy's integration minister receives death threats
- Secret banking centres top EU rich list
- One in four asylum seekers gets EU approval
- EP committee greenlights emissions trading fix
- Taking on Gazprom: Lithuania's battle for energy independence
- Interview'Everything is about basketball in Lithuania'
- Interview'Politicians should start by cutting their own wages first'
- Lithuania in second attempt to join euro
- Lithuania: In the EU spotlight
- Lithuania faces record legislative load for EU presidency
- Lithuania unveils EU presidency logo
- Lithuanian President dubbed 'extraordinary European'
Very private security
- Controversial British firm wins EU security job in Gaza
- Very private security
- EUobserver investigative reports
- InvestigationEU men with guns: a comedy of errors
- Security firm wins EU contract despite tax problem
- About Andrew Rettman
- EU bins security contract, annoys Libya
- EU to spend €50mn on private security in Afghanistan
- Question marks over EU contract for Libya security firm
- Ashton to spend €15mn on private security firms
- Negotiators strike deal on €960bn EU budget@ 09:52
- EU fines Danish pharma-giant in first 'pay for delay' case@ 09:44
- EU transparency register riddled with errors@ 09:37
- FocusEU commission tightens rules on regional state aid@ 09:28
- EU countries block blacklisting of Hezbollah@ 09:28
- Latvia fines bank over Magnitsky money laundering@ 09:28
- Obama vows to 'listen' to European critics on Internet snooping19'th @ 19:21
- US spy scandal prompts redraft of EU data bill19'th @ 19:08
- OpinionBalkans media: EU words are not enough19'th @ 14:40
- G8 tax deal falls short of expectations19'th @ 10:09
- Oxfam: Oxfam reaction to European Parliament vote on EU emissions trading scheme
- EPSU: 19 June European Day of Action No Austerity, Yes Tax Justice !
- EIPA: Practical Tools for Implementation of EU Policies at the National Level Luxembourg, 23-26 September 2013
- EIPA: Preparing for new EPSO Competitions: The Road to the European Institutions Luxembourg, 16-17 September 2013
- Vlerick Business School: Vlerick Business School Opens Its 4800 m² Campus In Brussels
- European Women's Lobby: EWL to launch 2013 Barometer on Rape in Europe – Tuesday 18th June
- Oxfam: Oxfam applauds the European Parliament’s hard fought victory for transparency in the extractives sector
- MENON: ICT can make a change in education: open call for e-learning innovators
- Danish MEPs fight for non-MEP OmbudsmanWatchdog
- New report into the UK's Overseas Territories and developing countriesEscape from Europe
- An open letter from the Turkish Hayat TV, to be closed down because it broadcasted TaksimInside Arab Spring
- Oh, to be a fly on the wall...Another Look
- The G8's great land-grabFeeding the habit
- Iran and a solution to SyriaWider Black Sea
- It's 2018 and the British have voted yes - is that the end of the affair?Super Commuter
- JP Morgan to eurozone periphery: “Get rid of your pinko, anti-fascist constitutions”Austerityland
- Makes no sense, Mr de GuchtAnother Look
- A Wake-Up Call for Erdogan?Wider Black Sea