07.04.14 @ 09:33
New legislation on the rights of shareholders and corporate governance is set to top the agenda of a quiet week for the EU's institutions.
30.03.14 @ 11:32
Chinese President Xi is in Brussels for talks on trade and security, while more than 60 African leaders are due at a summit later in the week.
21.02.14 @ 18:44
German Chancellor Angela Merkel will be received with the highest level of pomp during her visit to London this week.
27.01.14 @ 09:27
Russian president Vladimir Putin will be in town on Tuesday (28 January) for the 32nd EU-Russia summit, with the volatile situation in Ukraine likely to be the elephant in the room.
10.03.14 @ 09:28
Ukraine, data protection, and the performance of the troika in bailout countries, are among the top subjects set for debate and vote at the Strasbourg plenary session this week.
17.02.14 @ 17:58
The French and German leaders will in Paris on Wednesday discuss what France is calling “the revival of Europe.”
10.01.14 @ 17:38
MEPs gathering in Strasbourg this week will hold hearing with key officials of the so-called troika of international lenders about their activities in Greece, Portugal, Cyprus and Ireland.
16.12.13 @ 08:54
EU leaders gather in Brussels for their last summit of the year with a discussion agenda that includes economic integration, jobs and defence.
02.12.13 @ 09:24
The Greek government is in town as the EU's institutions hope to enjoy a week of relative calm following the high drama of last week's eastern partnership summit.
17.11.13 @ 19:32
MEPs gathering in Strasbourg this week are set to give their final blessing to the EU budget for 2014-2020 and top up the current one to cover compensation for floods and drought.
28.10.13 @ 09:28
Brussels faces a quiet week after last Thursday and Friday's summit debates on spying, innovation and migration.
09.12.13 @ 09:29
Eurozone finance ministers will meet on Monday in Brussels with progress on the latest stage of banking union topping the agenda.
25.11.13 @ 09:26
EU leaders this week will try to avoid a fiasco at a summit with eastern neighbours seeking closer ties with Europe, after Ukraine's u-turn.
04.11.13 @ 07:37
The European Commission will Tuesday publish its economic forecasts for the 28 member states - prognoses that shape Brussels' recommendations to national governments to keep their economies in line with EU fiscal rules.
18.10.13 @ 17:31
EU heads of state will gather for a two-day summit in Brussels to discuss growth as MEPs in Strasbourg defer a scheduled vote on the seven-year EU budget until November.
News in Brief
- Grillo movement closes in on Italian PM's party: poll@ 11:06
- Scottish choice of monetary system crucial, says ratings agency@ 09:37
- Russia invites EU for gas talks@ 09:17
- Juncker promises fair deal for Britain@ 09:14
- Deutsche Bank under pressure to raise capital@ 09:13
- Thousands of expats leave Spain@ 09:13
- Portuguese bond yield falls to record low@ 09:11
- Eurozone deficit rates fall within 3 percent EU limit23'rd @ 17:31
- Complex rules make EU vulnerable to corruption, says report@ 10:56
- EU ElectionsAnti-euro talk spreads in Italy@ 09:28
- Turkish PM offers 'condolences' to Armenia over WWI killings@ 09:12
- Greek records first surplus as EU moves closer to balanced budgets23'rd @ 17:38
- OpinionEU and Ukraine: too busy to protect gay rights?23'rd @ 14:14
- EU ElectionsEU elections may strengthen Putin in Europe23'rd @ 09:29
- Italian right calls for end to migrant rescue programme23'rd @ 09:29
- US to send 600 troops to Baltics, Poland amid Ukraine tensions23'rd @ 09:16
- IrRADIARE: Energaia launches a sustainability observatory @ the EU Sustainable Energy Week
- EIUC: Venice School of Human Rights 2014, apply here
- Veneto Region: The European future of the Italian port system - Presentation of the book
- Transparency International: Report on corruption risks in the EU institutions
- TNS Opinion: David Cameron takes the lead on Twitter
- ACCA: European Parliament backs non financial reporting deals
- CESI: TTIP: Fears of the Unknown, Registration for CESI@noon lunch debate on Mon 28th April
- ThinkYoung: We want to listen your opinion on youth unemployment & skills mismatch
- EIPA: Summer School on EU law & its Implementation, Luxembourg, 30/06 until 11/07
- EIPA: The Infringement Procedure under Articles 258 & 260 TFEU - Luxembourg 19-20/06/14