12.09.14 @ 16:29
This week most of the EU's attention will focus on Scottish voters who, on Thursday, will decide whether they want their country to break away from its 300-year union with rest of the UK.
14.07.14 @ 09:25
The saga of who will get the EU's top jobs will move a step closer to conclusion this week, in the last major event before the EU institutions begin their six-week summer recess.
30.06.14 @ 09:28
751 MEPs from 186 national parties will gather in Strasbourg this week, as the eighth European Parliament is formally constituted on Tuesday (1 July).
16.06.14 @ 09:29
EU top posts consultations continue this week with council chief Van Rompuy in Rome and Danish PM Thorning-Schmidt in Berlin for talks.
07.07.14 @ 09:26
EU commission president Jose Manuel Barroso will take the witness stand at the European Court of Justice this week in the latest act of the Dalligate lobbying scandal.
20.06.14 @ 16:51
European leaders will next week try to agree who should fill top EU posts and will sign free trade treaties with Georgia, Moldova, and Ukraine.
10.06.14 @ 09:28
The EU's top jobs saga, economic future and a possible tax probe are likely to dominate the agenda in the EU this week.
02.06.14 @ 09:28
US President Obama is back in the EU capital this week for a summit of G7 wealthy nations to be dominated by Ukraine.
12.05.14 @ 09:20
The EU this week will see a flurry of visits to and from the eastern neighbours - Ukraine, Moldova and Georgia - as Russia continues to stir trouble in the region.
28.04.14 @ 09:27
Campaigning for the EU elections gets in full swing this week, with two debates scheduled among the four top candidates of the main political groups.
30.03.14 @ 11:32
Chinese President Xi is in Brussels for talks on trade and security, while more than 60 African leaders are due at a summit later in the week.
23.05.14 @ 16:42
EU leaders will meet in Brussels Tuesday to discuss the outcome of the EU and Ukrainian elections, kicking off the nomination process of the next European Commission chief.
05.05.14 @ 09:41
Siim Kallas, the acting commissioner for the eurozone, will present the bloc's spring economic forecast on Monday.
07.04.14 @ 09:33
New legislation on the rights of shareholders and corporate governance is set to top the agenda of a quiet week for the EU's institutions.
10.03.14 @ 09:28
Ukraine, data protection, and the performance of the troika in bailout countries, are among the top subjects set for debate and vote at the Strasbourg plenary session this week.
News in Brief
- EU and Russia to hold new gas talks@ 21:08
- Scottish leader Salmond to resign@ 19:29
- Catalonia sticks to referendum plan after Scottish No@ 13:28
- EU's 'Eastern Partnership' ministers stepping aside@ 11:13
- EU welcomes Scottish vote outcome@ 10:52
- Russian jets violate Swedish airspace@ 09:59
- Russia complains of Lithuania 'provocations'@ 09:59
- Stop TTIP announces court-case against EU commission@ 09:29
- Catalonia to press ahead with referendum after Scottish No@ 16:06
- OpinionScotland's referendum - nothing and everything changes@ 15:04
- Cameron promises more devolution across UK@ 09:32
- Ukraine says Europe at risk of 'terrible war'@ 09:30
- Scotland chooses to stay in UK@ 07:10
- Voting under way in Scottish independence referendum18'th @ 09:29
- Finnish PM faces backlash over Russia nuclear plant18'th @ 09:28
- OpinionEU asylum and war criminals: No place to hide18'th @ 08:50
- MEP Dita Charanzová: Hearing on EU-Russia Sanctions: Need for a new Trade Policy? 24 Sept - 13h00 P1A002
- EMHRN: UN Commission on Syria recognises dangers facing human rights defenders
- EU-ASE: Business leaders push the Danish Government for ambitious energy savings
- Oxfam: Back to school
- CESI: Event: Working Time Directive – new term, new impetus? 25 September 2014, 1pm-3pm
- Martens Centre: Economic Ideas Forum 2014, 16-17 Oct in Bratislava, register now!
- EBF: Tax Conference to review G20 talks on Automatic Exchange
- EuFoA: Basque Parliament recognizes Nagorno-Karabakh self-determination
- Europeche: EU fishing sector demands responsible and committed future Commissioner
- Eurocommerce: ECJ judgment on MasterCard: a great victory for EU consumers & retailers