16.12.13 @ 08:54
EU leaders gather in Brussels for their last summit of the year with a discussion agenda that includes economic integration, jobs and defence.
09.12.13 @ 09:29
Eurozone finance ministers will meet on Monday in Brussels with progress on the latest stage of banking union topping the agenda.
25.11.13 @ 09:26
EU leaders this week will try to avoid a fiasco at a summit with eastern neighbours seeking closer ties with Europe, after Ukraine's u-turn.
04.11.13 @ 07:37
The European Commission will Tuesday publish its economic forecasts for the 28 member states - prognoses that shape Brussels' recommendations to national governments to keep their economies in line with EU fiscal rules.
02.12.13 @ 09:24
The Greek government is in town as the EU's institutions hope to enjoy a week of relative calm following the high drama of last week's eastern partnership summit.
17.11.13 @ 19:32
MEPs gathering in Strasbourg this week are set to give their final blessing to the EU budget for 2014-2020 and top up the current one to cover compensation for floods and drought.
28.10.13 @ 09:28
Brussels faces a quiet week after last Thursday and Friday's summit debates on spying, innovation and migration.
18.10.13 @ 17:31
EU heads of state will gather for a two-day summit in Brussels to discuss growth as MEPs in Strasbourg defer a scheduled vote on the seven-year EU budget until November.
23.09.13 @ 08:43
Most key EU policy decisions remain on hold this week while Angela Merkel is busy with negotiations on how to form a new coalition to govern Germany.
21.06.13 @ 18:15
EU leaders will gather in Brussels at the end of the week to discuss both youth employment as well as further steps towards banking union.
08.06.13 @ 09:07
The German Constitutional Court is holding a public hearing this week on the legality of the European Central Bank's actions during the euro-crisis.
11.10.13 @ 17:23
Further EU enlargement, gender equality in companies and elections in Luxembourg are all on the agenda this week.
13.09.13 @ 17:53
Merkel's Germany and Europe will be put to a vote in German elections next Sunday, amid bailout and austerity fatigue.
15.06.13 @ 07:33
EU-US trade relations will take centre stage at a meeting of eight of the world's wealthiest nations in Northern Ireland on Monday.
03.06.13 @ 13:00
EU leaders are travelling to Yekaterinburg on the Kazakhstan border for the latest EU-Russia summit on Monday.
News in Brief
- EU: US spying on Almunia 'unacceptable if true'
- UK dashes Albania's hopes of EU candidate status
- Seven states finalise youth guarantee plans
- EU to consider sending crisis mission to CAR
- Poland to send 50 men to French CAR operation
- EU door open to Ukrainian 'people' not 'government'
- EU hits back at credit downgrade
- EU's credit rating downgraded
- Far-right leader fined for racist comment
- EU-backed media Presseurop to close Friday
Regions & Cities
- OpinionThe variable geometry of national sovereignty
- OpinionCities show leadership on Roma inclusion
- Economic governance tool to be part of regional aid
- Berlin citizens keen to buy their electricity grid
- German city flats are overpriced, says Bundesbank
- EU cohesion policy: 'No more business as usual'
- If you build it, will they come?
- Interview'National governments declining in importance'
- Brussels: An EU capital in the making
- Beja airport: A runway to nowhere?
- EU looks to 'hybrid drones' for legal shortcut on migration
- MEPs approve EU border surveillance system
- 'Virtual borders' scheme to track every non-EU citizen
- Security industry is shaping EU legislation
- Private security firms cash in on guarding EU borders
- Private firms put price tag on migrant suicides
- Gaddafi-tainted firm scoops EU contract
- InvestigationEUobserver investigative reports
- InvestigationAbout Nikolaj Nielsen
- Cameron dashes Albania's EU membership hopes@ 17:49
- Ratings agency downgrades EU on summit day@ 17:20
- EU leaders close the door on Yanukovych@ 16:52
- AnalysisEU bank resolution, Schleswig-Holstein, and how to make sense of it@ 11:31
- ReviewStaving off an EU army@ 11:28
- France, Germany and UK show discord on EU defence@ 10:28
- Merkel's reform contracts pushed back until October@ 01:46
- Centre-right to table joint candidate for EU commission19'th @ 21:28
- Protesters call for EU reform near summit venue19'th @ 20:30
- EU banking deal set for 'long, complicated' talks with MEPs19'th @ 18:50
- iLIDH and UCP: International Conference on Social Literacy, Lisbon, January 16-17
- ACCA: welcomes the agreement on the audit reform and COREPER endorsement
- CEFIC: Launch of SPIRE, Partnership for a Swifter European Process Industry
- European AIDS Treatment Group: EATG: Making a Difference
- EPF: Regional Conference on patients’ rights in cross-border healthcare
- Oxfam: Reaction to EU Biofuels Debate by Energy Ministers
- EMHRN: Report on the Gezi Park Protest in Turkey and its repression
- EERA: The Horizon is set for 2020: time for research & innovation to deliver
- EMHRN: Human Rights Day: govs stripping away freedom of assembly ?
- EIPA: EU Environmental Law for Non-Lawyers, Luxembourg, 30-31/01/14
- EaSTERN EuropeBelarus Reloaded
- The time for believing is nowAnother Look
- Merry Christmas (war isn't over)Exposing Corporate Europe
- The politicians´ European bluffAnother Look
- How the EU is losing its entire neighbourhoodInside Arab Spring
- After Vilnius: tough year aheadNeighbourhood
- What happened to the EU2020 strategy?Progressive Change
- This is a very dead horse - stop floggingAnother Look
- Facebook isn't our friendExposing Corporate Europe
- Moscow Never SleepsBelarus Reloaded