14.07.14 @ 09:25
The saga of who will get the EU's top jobs will move a step closer to conclusion this week, in the last major event before the EU institutions begin their six-week summer recess.
07.07.14 @ 09:26
EU commission president Jose Manuel Barroso will take the witness stand at the European Court of Justice this week in the latest act of the Dalligate lobbying scandal.
20.06.14 @ 16:51
European leaders will next week try to agree who should fill top EU posts and will sign free trade treaties with Georgia, Moldova, and Ukraine.
10.06.14 @ 09:28
The EU's top jobs saga, economic future and a possible tax probe are likely to dominate the agenda in the EU this week.
30.06.14 @ 09:28
751 MEPs from 186 national parties will gather in Strasbourg this week, as the eighth European Parliament is formally constituted on Tuesday (1 July).
16.06.14 @ 09:29
EU top posts consultations continue this week with council chief Van Rompuy in Rome and Danish PM Thorning-Schmidt in Berlin for talks.
02.06.14 @ 09:28
US President Obama is back in the EU capital this week for a summit of G7 wealthy nations to be dominated by Ukraine.
23.05.14 @ 16:42
EU leaders will meet in Brussels Tuesday to discuss the outcome of the EU and Ukrainian elections, kicking off the nomination process of the next European Commission chief.
05.05.14 @ 09:41
Siim Kallas, the acting commissioner for the eurozone, will present the bloc's spring economic forecast on Monday.
07.04.14 @ 09:33
New legislation on the rights of shareholders and corporate governance is set to top the agenda of a quiet week for the EU's institutions.
10.03.14 @ 09:28
Ukraine, data protection, and the performance of the troika in bailout countries, are among the top subjects set for debate and vote at the Strasbourg plenary session this week.
12.05.14 @ 09:20
The EU this week will see a flurry of visits to and from the eastern neighbours - Ukraine, Moldova and Georgia - as Russia continues to stir trouble in the region.
28.04.14 @ 09:27
Campaigning for the EU elections gets in full swing this week, with two debates scheduled among the four top candidates of the main political groups.
30.03.14 @ 11:32
Chinese President Xi is in Brussels for talks on trade and security, while more than 60 African leaders are due at a summit later in the week.
21.02.14 @ 18:44
German Chancellor Angela Merkel will be received with the highest level of pomp during her visit to London this week.
News in Brief
- Lithuanian TV reluctant to show LGBT rights ad21'st @ 09:17
- Italy approves arming Kurds, as Renzi visits Iraq21'st @ 09:16
- Germany ready to arm Iraqi Kurds21'st @ 09:15
- North Sea oil disputed in Scottish referendum campaign21'st @ 09:14
- Galileo launches two more satellites21'st @ 09:14
- Ukrainian parliament to ratify EU deal in September21'st @ 08:08
- Commission to decide on Polish WTO claim in 'coming weeks'20'th @ 17:43
- Russian food ban could cost EU €6.7bn, ING forecasts20'th @ 14:10
- Scottish EU membership 'not in serious doubt'21'st @ 09:28
- Russia relaxes EU food ban, counts costs21'st @ 09:27
- Poland demands WTO challenge over Russia food ban20'th @ 07:45
- Tobacco lobbying warped EU law, British scientists 'prove'20'th @ 07:37
- EU justice chief criticises Google on 'right to be forgotten'19'th @ 09:30
- Merkel sets limits to Nato solidarity with Baltic states19'th @ 09:21
- AnalysisWhat the leaked EU-Canada trade paper means for TTIP18'th @ 17:47
- EU sets aside €125mn to stabilise food prices18'th @ 17:29
- EuFoA: Tension rises in Nagorno-Karabakh as ceasefire negotiations are underway
- EEAS: Statement on the downing of Malaysia Airlines flight. In memoriam of Pim de Kuijer
- IFSBH: Join our new initiative: People United for Spina Bifida and Hydrocephalus!
- ACCA: Supports a coherent EU Single Market as to the balance of competences in the UK
- EIPA: Preparing for New EPSO Competitions: Luxembourg, 08 September 2014
- EIPA: Tools for Implementation of EU Policies at National Level. Luxembourg, 22-25/ 09/ 2014
- EPHA: 5th Annual Conference 4-5 September 2014, Brussels
- Centre Maurits Coppieters: Launches a new youtube channel
- ACCA: Implementing the New European Accounting Directive: Making the right choices
- UNESDA: Impact of food taxes on public health inconclusive and contradictory as per EC study