10.10.14 @ 18:33
MEPs this week will decide on how many hearings they still need to complete Juncker's commission, after the replacement of the Slovenian candidate.
03.10.14 @ 18:47
The European Parliament is once again at the centre of the action next week, as it completes the final rounds of hearings for the next European Commission and welcomes Eurovision song contest winner Conchita Wurst.
12.09.14 @ 16:29
This week most of the EU's attention will focus on Scottish voters who, on Thursday, will decide whether they want their country to break away from its 300-year union with rest of the UK.
07.07.14 @ 09:26
EU commission president Jose Manuel Barroso will take the witness stand at the European Court of Justice this week in the latest act of the Dalligate lobbying scandal.
21.09.14 @ 19:14
Implementing the EU response to minimising the public cost of future financial crises and getting banks to offer up loans top the agenda this WEEK.
14.07.14 @ 09:25
The saga of who will get the EU's top jobs will move a step closer to conclusion this week, in the last major event before the EU institutions begin their six-week summer recess.
30.06.14 @ 09:28
751 MEPs from 186 national parties will gather in Strasbourg this week, as the eighth European Parliament is formally constituted on Tuesday (1 July).
20.06.14 @ 16:51
European leaders will next week try to agree who should fill top EU posts and will sign free trade treaties with Georgia, Moldova, and Ukraine.
10.06.14 @ 09:28
The EU's top jobs saga, economic future and a possible tax probe are likely to dominate the agenda in the EU this week.
23.05.14 @ 16:42
EU leaders will meet in Brussels Tuesday to discuss the outcome of the EU and Ukrainian elections, kicking off the nomination process of the next European Commission chief.
05.05.14 @ 09:41
Siim Kallas, the acting commissioner for the eurozone, will present the bloc's spring economic forecast on Monday.
16.06.14 @ 09:29
EU top posts consultations continue this week with council chief Van Rompuy in Rome and Danish PM Thorning-Schmidt in Berlin for talks.
02.06.14 @ 09:28
US President Obama is back in the EU capital this week for a summit of G7 wealthy nations to be dominated by Ukraine.
12.05.14 @ 09:20
The EU this week will see a flurry of visits to and from the eastern neighbours - Ukraine, Moldova and Georgia - as Russia continues to stir trouble in the region.
28.04.14 @ 09:27
Campaigning for the EU elections gets in full swing this week, with two debates scheduled among the four top candidates of the main political groups.
News in Brief
- Russian plane violates Estonia airspace@ 07:44
- Lega Nord signs partnership with Putin party22'nd @ 16:05
- EP approves Juncker commission22'nd @ 12:37
- Pharma and medical devices unit goes back to health22'nd @ 12:30
- Hahn portfolio still called 'enlargement negotiations'22'nd @ 12:30
- Navracsics to get sport instead of citizenship22'nd @ 12:29
- Juncker tasks Timmermans on special courts in EU-US trade deal22'nd @ 12:27
- Frontex under fundamental rights probe22'nd @ 11:23
- EU fiscal rules won't be changed, says Juncker22'nd @ 19:55
- OpinionCameron's tight-rope walk on free movement22'nd @ 18:35
- Open letters help frame debate on climate summit22'nd @ 18:30
- MEPs withhold millions from EU commission over transparency22'nd @ 17:59
- VideoBarroso says goodbye to MEPs22'nd @ 14:24
- EU parliament approves Juncker commission22'nd @ 13:57
- Former Polish FM causes scandal on Russia interview22'nd @ 09:30
- Bank rescue fund to rely on big lenders22'nd @ 09:29
- Counter Balance: Thousands urge the EU Commission to ditch biodiversity offsetting
- Oxfam: Bolder EU response needed to help stop Ebola spiralling out of control
- CESI: Ebola requires action: CESI demands full protection of healthcare workers at risk
- EGBA: Want to know how the EU online betting industry fights match-fixing?
- Access Now: Commissioners hearings: The many faces of Digital in the new Commission
- CESI: Taxation at the heart of the crisis, CESI Europe Academy discusses #TaxinEU
- Oxfam: EU needs to do more to stop the spread of Ebola
- EPSU: Ebola outbreak in West Africa - Health Workers in the frontline need our support
- EuFoA: First Nagorno-Karabakh Group announced in the European Parliament
- Oxfam: Four solutions to economic inequality