14.07.14 @ 09:25
The saga of who will get the EU's top jobs will move a step closer to conclusion this week, in the last major event before the EU institutions begin their six-week summer recess.
07.07.14 @ 09:26
EU commission president Jose Manuel Barroso will take the witness stand at the European Court of Justice this week in the latest act of the Dalligate lobbying scandal.
20.06.14 @ 16:51
European leaders will next week try to agree who should fill top EU posts and will sign free trade treaties with Georgia, Moldova, and Ukraine.
10.06.14 @ 09:28
The EU's top jobs saga, economic future and a possible tax probe are likely to dominate the agenda in the EU this week.
30.06.14 @ 09:28
751 MEPs from 186 national parties will gather in Strasbourg this week, as the eighth European Parliament is formally constituted on Tuesday (1 July).
16.06.14 @ 09:29
EU top posts consultations continue this week with council chief Van Rompuy in Rome and Danish PM Thorning-Schmidt in Berlin for talks.
02.06.14 @ 09:28
US President Obama is back in the EU capital this week for a summit of G7 wealthy nations to be dominated by Ukraine.
23.05.14 @ 16:42
EU leaders will meet in Brussels Tuesday to discuss the outcome of the EU and Ukrainian elections, kicking off the nomination process of the next European Commission chief.
05.05.14 @ 09:41
Siim Kallas, the acting commissioner for the eurozone, will present the bloc's spring economic forecast on Monday.
07.04.14 @ 09:33
New legislation on the rights of shareholders and corporate governance is set to top the agenda of a quiet week for the EU's institutions.
10.03.14 @ 09:28
Ukraine, data protection, and the performance of the troika in bailout countries, are among the top subjects set for debate and vote at the Strasbourg plenary session this week.
12.05.14 @ 09:20
The EU this week will see a flurry of visits to and from the eastern neighbours - Ukraine, Moldova and Georgia - as Russia continues to stir trouble in the region.
28.04.14 @ 09:27
Campaigning for the EU elections gets in full swing this week, with two debates scheduled among the four top candidates of the main political groups.
30.03.14 @ 11:32
Chinese President Xi is in Brussels for talks on trade and security, while more than 60 African leaders are due at a summit later in the week.
21.02.14 @ 18:44
German Chancellor Angela Merkel will be received with the highest level of pomp during her visit to London this week.
News in Brief
- Commissioners have to be 'as flexible as fooballers'@ 17:17
- US welcomes new EU sanctions threat@ 14:15
- Lithuania gets final OK to join euro@ 13:23
- Russian oligarchs moving money out of London@ 09:35
- Netherlands in day of national mourning@ 09:04
- EU reinforces santions on Syria@ 08:59
- Italy makes arrests over migrant deaths@ 08:59
- EU set to announce weakened 2030 energy savings target@ 08:57
- Russia angst sees EU energy efficiency targets watered down23'rd @ 17:26
- Rome continues to push Italian FM to replace Ashton23'rd @ 16:02
- EU grapples with smugglers as people fleeing conflict face torture23'rd @ 09:28
- Deutsche Bank under fire in the US23'rd @ 09:16
- UK is still sending arms to Russia, say MPs23'rd @ 09:12
- AnalysisLeaked paper: EU options on 'stage three' Russia sanctions22'nd @ 20:42
- EU defends Israel's Gaza incursion22'nd @ 20:14
- OpinionGaza: ‘Burning the consciousness’22'nd @ 18:21
- IFSBH: Join our new initiative: People United for Spina Bifida and Hydrocephalus!
- ACCA: Supports a coherent EU Single Market as to the balance of competences in the UK
- EIPA: Preparing for New EPSO Competitions: Luxembourg, 08 September 2014
- EIPA: Tools for Implementation of EU Policies at National Level. Luxembourg, 22-25/ 09/ 2014
- EPHA: 5th Annual Conference 4-5 September 2014, Brussels | Register before 31st July
- Centre Maurits Coppieters: Launches a new youtube channel
- ACCA: Implementing the New European Accounting Directive: Making the right choices
- UNESDA: Impact of food taxes on public health inconclusive and contradictory as per EC study
- European Federalist Party: Juncker is the 1st elected European Commission President
- Martens Centre: Register now for event on 9 Sept: Banking and Monetary Union 2014-2019