21.02.14 @ 18:44
German Chancellor Angela Merkel will be received with the highest level of pomp during her visit to London this week.
17.02.14 @ 17:58
The French and German leaders will in Paris on Wednesday discuss what France is calling “the revival of Europe.”
10.01.14 @ 17:38
MEPs gathering in Strasbourg this week will hold hearing with key officials of the so-called troika of international lenders about their activities in Greece, Portugal, Cyprus and Ireland.
09.12.13 @ 09:29
Eurozone finance ministers will meet on Monday in Brussels with progress on the latest stage of banking union topping the agenda.
27.01.14 @ 09:27
Russian president Vladimir Putin will be in town on Tuesday (28 January) for the 32nd EU-Russia summit, with the volatile situation in Ukraine likely to be the elephant in the room.
16.12.13 @ 08:54
EU leaders gather in Brussels for their last summit of the year with a discussion agenda that includes economic integration, jobs and defence.
02.12.13 @ 09:24
The Greek government is in town as the EU's institutions hope to enjoy a week of relative calm following the high drama of last week's eastern partnership summit.
25.11.13 @ 09:26
EU leaders this week will try to avoid a fiasco at a summit with eastern neighbours seeking closer ties with Europe, after Ukraine's u-turn.
04.11.13 @ 07:37
The European Commission will Tuesday publish its economic forecasts for the 28 member states - prognoses that shape Brussels' recommendations to national governments to keep their economies in line with EU fiscal rules.
18.10.13 @ 17:31
EU heads of state will gather for a two-day summit in Brussels to discuss growth as MEPs in Strasbourg defer a scheduled vote on the seven-year EU budget until November.
23.09.13 @ 08:43
Most key EU policy decisions remain on hold this week while Angela Merkel is busy with negotiations on how to form a new coalition to govern Germany.
17.11.13 @ 19:32
MEPs gathering in Strasbourg this week are set to give their final blessing to the EU budget for 2014-2020 and top up the current one to cover compensation for floods and drought.
28.10.13 @ 09:28
Brussels faces a quiet week after last Thursday and Friday's summit debates on spying, innovation and migration.
11.10.13 @ 17:23
Further EU enlargement, gender equality in companies and elections in Luxembourg are all on the agenda this week.
13.09.13 @ 17:53
Merkel's Germany and Europe will be put to a vote in German elections next Sunday, amid bailout and austerity fatigue.
News in Brief
- Ten EU countries want Ukraine mission@ 13:40
- Centre-right group adopts election manifesto@ 13:04
- Centre-right leaders say Ukraine has a shot at EU membership@ 13:03
- Russian ambassador pours scorn on EU 'freezes'@ 10:27
- Cuba accepts offer to restore EU relations@ 09:23
- Spain spends millions to keep immigrants out@ 09:23
- Erdogan threatens to ban YouTube and Facebook@ 09:22
- Bono to adress EPP summit in Dublin@ 09:21
- Stiglitz: ECB should scrap inflation targets@ 09:34
- Transparency group pushes for stronger whistleblower laws@ 09:28
- 'Putin will go as far as the West allows him to'@ 09:19
- EU ElectionsAustrian far-right set for strong showing in EU vote@ 08:58
- EU leaders freeze Russia visa talks, threaten trade sanctions6'th @ 20:15
- Ukraine PM, EU leaders taking soft line on Crimea6'th @ 16:20
- Crimea 'votes' to join Russia as EU leaders meet6'th @ 12:55
- Italy and France on EU's economic 'watch list'6'th @ 11:15
- Irradiare: EU workshop on biomethane – markets, value chains and applications
- Counter Balance: Take a virtual lobby tour through the heart of the EU
- EMHRN: International Women’s Day: Violence rises, impunity prevails
- EuFoA: Latest paper "EU-Armenia relations: future developments & prospects" published
- Greenpeace: EU energy ministers should get back in the saddle on climate & energy policy
- SUPERHUB: Join us at CeBIT 2014 Hannover the largest fair showcasing IT and telecom solutions
- COFACE: Less than 100 days to go to #EP2014. Need more info ? Sign up for #FamiliesVOTE2014
- EMHRN: Syrian Rights Groups to the Human Rights Council: Stop Violence against Women in Syria!
- EIPA: Efficiency and Quality of Justice Luxembourg, 27-28 March 2014
- Swedish Enterprises: European prosperity needs free movement