09.10.13 @ 09:20
The EU parliament is set to say that all plans to explore shale gas drilling will have to undergo environmental impact audits.
09.10.13 @ 09:20
There is no silver bullet for decarbonising transport. Reaching the EU's most ambitious targets will take time and a lot of money.
04.10.13 @ 16:50
The debate in Brussels over how to develop viable alternatives to petrol and diesel boils down to a version of an age-old question: what comes first, the chicken or the egg?
16.09.13 @ 17:53
The logic behind a European Commission's proposal on energy taxation is based on the concept of "fuel neutrality" but it could hurt alternative fuels the most.
04.10.13 @ 19:37
For good or ill, the shale gas revolution in the United States has turned the global energy market on its head.
11.09.13 @ 14:17
Most governments agree that we should use less oil. Less clear is how to do it.
11.09.13 @ 16:48
The EU parliament has capped the amount of crop-based biofuels that can be used to reach EU energy targets amid environmental fears.
News in Brief
- New EU health chief says no to chlorinated chicken and GMOs@ 17:52
- Cameron: 'I wouldn't be heartbroken if UK left EU'@ 17:46
- EU countries to maintain Russia sanctions@ 17:26
- Putin to visit EU-aspirant Serbia@ 13:38
- Lobbyists spend at least €99mn in EU capital@ 13:38
- Hong Kong rallies expected in European cities@ 13:37
- Malmstrom gets green light from EP trade committee@ 13:02
- Canada gives EU leaders €300,000 plane-ride home@ 10:24
- French EU commissioner to share powers on national budgets@ 17:52
- OpinionNew EU commissioner needs to be more active on Roma@ 17:46
- Apple's tax deal illegal, EU commission tells Ireland@ 17:45
- AnalysisCould Putin's troops 'be in Warsaw in two days'?@ 11:18
- Oettinger's digital plans focus on better infrastructure@ 10:32
- Juncker defends lobby-friendly restructuring of commission services@ 09:29
- Investor clauses could be left out of EU-US trade deal29'th @ 18:50
- AnalysisSelf-defeating Tories fighting over Europe again29'th @ 18:36
- Oxfam: Europe seeks to expand pharma monopoly at expense of poor people, ahead of TTIP talks
- EN.DELFI: Russian Soldiers - cheap and luckless
- EBF: Financial Integration Report highlights ongoing fragmentation
- ACCA: Evaluating the impact of IFRS in the EU
- Access: Document shows Commissioner Malmström secretly undermines data protection
- EN.DELFI: Putin forces West to choose between Ukraine and Middle East
- Swedish Enterprises: ECIPE demystifies investor-state dispute settlements in trade agreements
- Martens Centre: Building a Lifeline for Freedom - Eastern Partnership 2.0 Brussels, 07 October
- MEP Dita Charanzová: We need a new trade policy after Russian Sanctions