09.10.13 @ 09:20
The EU parliament is set to say that all plans to explore shale gas drilling will have to undergo environmental impact audits.
09.10.13 @ 09:20
There is no silver bullet for decarbonising transport. Reaching the EU's most ambitious targets will take time and a lot of money.
04.10.13 @ 16:50
The debate in Brussels over how to develop viable alternatives to petrol and diesel boils down to a version of an age-old question: what comes first, the chicken or the egg?
16.09.13 @ 17:53
The logic behind a European Commission's proposal on energy taxation is based on the concept of "fuel neutrality" but it could hurt alternative fuels the most.
04.10.13 @ 19:37
For good or ill, the shale gas revolution in the United States has turned the global energy market on its head.
11.09.13 @ 14:17
Most governments agree that we should use less oil. Less clear is how to do it.
11.09.13 @ 16:48
The EU parliament has capped the amount of crop-based biofuels that can be used to reach EU energy targets amid environmental fears.
News in Brief
- EP approves Juncker commission@ 12:37
- Pharma and medical devices unit goes back to health@ 12:30
- Hahn portfolio still called 'enlargement negotiations'@ 12:30
- Navracsics to get sport instead of citizenship@ 12:29
- Juncker tasks Timmermans on special courts in EU-US trade deal@ 12:27
- Frontex under fundamental rights probe@ 11:23
- Poll: Majority of Poles opposed to euro@ 09:16
- EU to warn five states on budget plans@ 08:46
- EU parliament approves Juncker commission@ 13:57
- Former Polish FM causes scandal on Russia interview@ 09:30
- Bank rescue fund to rely on big lenders@ 09:29
- Still no Russia gas deal as Europe heads into winter@ 08:37
- Culture MEPs rebel against Juncker21'st @ 19:44
- Greece fined for violating asylum seekers' rights21'st @ 18:08
- New accounting rules save EU deficit21'st @ 18:01
- Barroso bows out before MEPs21'st @ 17:48
- Oxfam: Bolder EU response needed to help stop Ebola spiralling out of control
- CESI: Ebola requires action: CESI demands full protection of healthcare workers at risk
- EGBA: Want to know how the EU online betting industry fights match-fixing?
- Access Now: Commissioners hearings: The many faces of Digital in the new Commission
- CESI: Taxation at the heart of the crisis, CESI Europe Academy discusses #TaxinEU
- Oxfam: EU needs to do more to stop the spread of Ebola
- EPSU: Ebola outbreak in West Africa - Health Workers in the frontline need our support
- EuFoA: First Nagorno-Karabakh Group announced in the European Parliament
- Oxfam: Four solutions to economic inequality
- Swedish Enterprises: Transatlantic Trade and Investment Partnership – what, how and why?