09.10.13 @ 09:20
The EU parliament is set to say that all plans to explore shale gas drilling will have to undergo environmental impact audits.
09.10.13 @ 09:20
There is no silver bullet for decarbonising transport. Reaching the EU's most ambitious targets will take time and a lot of money.
04.10.13 @ 16:50
The debate in Brussels over how to develop viable alternatives to petrol and diesel boils down to a version of an age-old question: what comes first, the chicken or the egg?
16.09.13 @ 17:53
The logic behind a European Commission's proposal on energy taxation is based on the concept of "fuel neutrality" but it could hurt alternative fuels the most.
04.10.13 @ 19:37
For good or ill, the shale gas revolution in the United States has turned the global energy market on its head.
11.09.13 @ 14:17
Most governments agree that we should use less oil. Less clear is how to do it.
11.09.13 @ 16:48
The EU parliament has capped the amount of crop-based biofuels that can be used to reach EU energy targets amid environmental fears.
News in Brief
- Greece can exit bailout, self-finance in 2015, says PM@ 17:55
- Ombudsman urges better supervision of senior EU officials@ 10:30
- Poland buys missiles from US amid Russia tensions@ 09:13
- EU agrees to state aid for new British nuclear plant@ 09:12
- S&P faces trial in Italy over financial manipulation@ 09:11
- Four million to study under new Erasmus programme22'nd @ 17:53
- French PM briefs Merkel on reforms22'nd @ 14:26
- EU commission says did not receive threat alert22'nd @ 12:35
- Ombudsman vows 'robust' action against EU secrecy@ 17:46
- OpinionCameron's logic calls for eurozone democracy@ 15:23
- FocusErasmus students find love and jobs, EU research finds@ 15:07
- OpinionRussia sanctions and the EU: What went wrong?@ 09:07
- OpinionThe rollback of transparency@ 09:07
- ECB ready to use more 'unconventional tools' to spur economy22'nd @ 18:07
- AnalysisFailure to launch: Is the ECB's tool-kit empty?22'nd @ 18:02
- FocusChronic Diseases22'nd @ 17:01
- EBF: Tax Conference reviews complexities of Common Reporting Standard
- Centre Maurits Coppieters: Conference on the Right to Decide: Catalonia, Scotland and beyond
- Centre Maurits Coppieters: Launches new study on Paradiplomacy
- EUFORES: Inter-Parliamentary Meeting on Renewable Energy: 10 -11 October, Lisbon
- EBF: European banks and Europol join forces to fight cybercrime
- MEP Dita Charanzová: Hearing on EU-Russia Sanctions: a new Trade Policy? 24/09, 13h.
- EMHRN: UN Commission on Syria recognises dangers facing human rights defenders
- EU-ASE: Business leaders push the Danish Government for ambitious energy savings
- Oxfam: Back to school
- CESI: Event: Working Time Directive – new term, new impetus? 25 September 2014, 1pm-3pm