09.10.13 @ 09:20
The EU parliament is set to say that all plans to explore shale gas drilling will have to undergo environmental impact audits.
09.10.13 @ 09:20
There is no silver bullet for decarbonising transport. Reaching the EU's most ambitious targets will take time and a lot of money.
04.10.13 @ 16:50
The debate in Brussels over how to develop viable alternatives to petrol and diesel boils down to a version of an age-old question: what comes first, the chicken or the egg?
16.09.13 @ 17:53
The logic behind a European Commission's proposal on energy taxation is based on the concept of "fuel neutrality" but it could hurt alternative fuels the most.
04.10.13 @ 19:37
For good or ill, the shale gas revolution in the United States has turned the global energy market on its head.
11.09.13 @ 14:17
Most governments agree that we should use less oil. Less clear is how to do it.
11.09.13 @ 16:48
The EU parliament has capped the amount of crop-based biofuels that can be used to reach EU energy targets amid environmental fears.
News in Brief
- Berlin euro meeting 'one of many,' commission says
- MEPs head to Kiev, as authorities threaten crackdown
- Merkel has 'no memory' of pressuring Spain
- Mini-Eurogroup aims to reach deal on banking authority
- Germany offers technical support to France in Africa
- Gazprom hits back at EU on South Stream
- Schaeuble to host mini-Eurogroup on banking union
- Belgium and France raise alarm on European fighters in Syria
- EU parliament aims to hold video conference with Snowden
- EU envoy says Ukraine can still sign pact
- MEPs agree cap on crop-based biofuels
- Dim prospects for EU energy tax reform
- MEPs to back mandatory audits for shale exploration
- What does the shale boom mean for transport?
- EU searches for alternative transport fuels
- Rhetoric and reality on EU car emissions targets
- Infrastructure rules threaten alternative fuels bill
- Alternative fuels overview
- Merkel denies pressuring Spain on bailout@ 18:28
- EU data protection bill 'moves backwards'@ 17:57
- Snowden to make video appearance at EU parliament@ 16:35
- Ukraine and Bulgaria show power of EU model@ 11:48
- France goes to war in Africa to 'save lives'@ 09:29
- World pays tribute to Mandela@ 09:29
- EU says No to Russian pipeline, as Ukraine talks resume@ 09:29
- EU financial tax is legal, commission lawyers say@ 09:24
- UK and Germany dislike EU 'welfare tourism' plan@ 09:23
- Political open season@ 09:22
- Birdlife: Wind farms: new report provides latest know-how on reducing environmental impact
- EMHRN: Israel’s Culture of Impunity: Nothing Less than Accountability!
- ECPA: Crop diversity, food safety and food security under threat in Europe
- EPF: Press conference on cross-border healthcare and patients' rights
- ACCA: Improved transparency in auditor reporting - making it a reality in the EU
- OGP: EU domestic shale gas production could add a million jobs, new study shows
- ICSS: Joins Council of Europe & Sorbonne to host EU forum on integrity in sport
- FIA: Greater cooperation to deliver new car technologies to consumers
- EFA-ECC: Lessons to address the poor state of COPD care in Europe
- EMHRN: Violence against women, bleeding wound in the Syrian conflict
- What happened to the EU2020 strategy?Progressive Change
- This is a very dead horse - stop floggingAnother Look
- Facebook isn't our friendExposing Corporate Europe
- Moscow Never SleepsBelarus Reloaded
- The trouble with Europe’s big thinking? Europe’s big states.Super Commuter
- Don´t take their word for itAnother Look
- Eurasian Union's problem with Russian nationalismNeighbourhood
- COP 19: Walking about Warsaw in circlesGlobal challenges
- Does UKIP now have the cash to cause an earthquake?The Fox Edition
- The EU budget farce is over....for now at leastThe Fox Edition