09.10.13 @ 09:20
The EU parliament is set to say that all plans to explore shale gas drilling will have to undergo environmental impact audits.
09.10.13 @ 09:20
There is no silver bullet for decarbonising transport. Reaching the EU's most ambitious targets will take time and a lot of money.
04.10.13 @ 16:50
The debate in Brussels over how to develop viable alternatives to petrol and diesel boils down to a version of an age-old question: what comes first, the chicken or the egg?
16.09.13 @ 17:53
The logic behind a European Commission's proposal on energy taxation is based on the concept of "fuel neutrality" but it could hurt alternative fuels the most.
04.10.13 @ 19:37
For good or ill, the shale gas revolution in the United States has turned the global energy market on its head.
11.09.13 @ 14:17
Most governments agree that we should use less oil. Less clear is how to do it.
11.09.13 @ 16:48
The EU parliament has capped the amount of crop-based biofuels that can be used to reach EU energy targets amid environmental fears.
News in Brief
- EU migrant numbers to UK up to 240,000@ 14:14
- MEPs want EU leaders to ramp up Russia sanctions@ 14:06
- MP defects to Ukip over Cameron's Europe policy@ 14:05
- France says Russian troops in Ukraine 'intolerable'@ 11:11
- French unemployment rate hits new record@ 09:22
- Golden Dawn MEPs not welcome in Australia@ 09:20
- Jobless rate in Iceland down to 3.3 percent@ 09:20
- Germany sends six soldiers to Iraq@ 09:18
- Ukraine says Russian invasion has begun@ 14:21
- EU mission to help Italy save boat migrants@ 09:30
- Germany and US voice concern on Russian troops in Ukraine@ 09:16
- Germany to ban EU citizens who abuse welfare system27'th @ 17:52
- Nato chief unveils new plan for eastern Europe27'th @ 09:30
- Valls picks investment banker as France's new economy minister27'th @ 09:29
- Italy's Mogherini still an option for EU foreign policy job27'th @ 09:28
- FeatureThe changing face of Europe's mafia26'th @ 17:40
- Martens Centre: Register now for the event “A Changing Eastern Neighbourhood”
- Martens Centre: Register now for event on 9 Sept: Banking and Monetary Union 2014-2019
- EEA and Norway Grants: Investing in people: Annual Report 2013-2014
- EuFoA: Tension rises in Nagorno-Karabakh as ceasefire negotiations are underway
- ACCA: Supports a coherent EU Single Market as to the balance of competences in the UK
- EIPA: Preparing for New EPSO Competitions: Luxembourg, 08 September 2014
- EIPA: Tools for Implementation of EU Policies at National Level. Luxembourg, 22-25/ 09/ 2014
- EPHA: 5th Annual Conference 4-5 September 2014, Brussels
- Centre Maurits Coppieters: Launches a new youtube channel
- ACCA: Implementing the New European Accounting Directive: Making the right choices