09.10.13 @ 09:20
The EU parliament is set to say that all plans to explore shale gas drilling will have to undergo environmental impact audits.
09.10.13 @ 09:20
There is no silver bullet for decarbonising transport. Reaching the EU's most ambitious targets will take time and a lot of money.
04.10.13 @ 16:50
The debate in Brussels over how to develop viable alternatives to petrol and diesel boils down to a version of an age-old question: what comes first, the chicken or the egg?
16.09.13 @ 17:53
The logic behind a European Commission's proposal on energy taxation is based on the concept of "fuel neutrality" but it could hurt alternative fuels the most.
04.10.13 @ 19:37
For good or ill, the shale gas revolution in the United States has turned the global energy market on its head.
11.09.13 @ 14:17
Most governments agree that we should use less oil. Less clear is how to do it.
11.09.13 @ 16:48
The EU parliament has capped the amount of crop-based biofuels that can be used to reach EU energy targets amid environmental fears.
News in Brief
- Scotland independence vote narrows@ 08:44
- EU draft report critical of Turkey@ 08:43
- Eurozone manufacturing hits 13-month low@ 08:34
- Greek troika talks in Paris@ 08:32
- Swedish anti-immigrant party set for big gains@ 08:31
- Putin told Barroso he could 'take Kiev in two weeks'1'st @ 18:58
- New EU foreign policy chief criticises Putin1'st @ 18:48
- Belgium only country not to have nominated EU commissioner1'st @ 12:40
- Berlin-Paris tensions re-emerge as ECB ponders stimulus@ 09:29
- New EU appointees speak out against Russia@ 09:24
- Who is Tusk and what does he mean for the EU?1'st @ 18:44
- Cameron faces new EU referendum backlash1'st @ 09:22
- OpinionWhy America is recovering, but Europe is not - Part II1'st @ 09:17
- EU expert groups dominated by corporate interest, say NGOs1'st @ 09:09
- Who is Federica Mogherini?1'st @ 08:59
- EU leaders give Putin one-week deadline31'st @ 02:25
- EUA: EU 2015 Budget negotiations: EUA warns against making cuts to research payments
- EPSU: New Commission must end corporate dominance of EU expert groups
- Martens Centre: Register now for the event “A Changing Eastern Neighbourhood”
- Martens Centre: Register now for event on 9 Sept: Banking and Monetary Union 2014-2019
- EuFoA: Tension rises in Nagorno-Karabakh as ceasefire negotiations are underway
- ACCA: Supports a coherent EU Single Market as to the balance of competences in the UK
- EIPA: Preparing for New EPSO Competitions: Luxembourg, 08 September 2014
- EIPA: Tools for Implementation of EU Policies at National Level. Luxembourg, 22-25/ 09/ 2014
- EPHA: 5th Annual Conference 4-5 September 2014, Brussels
- Centre Maurits Coppieters: Launches a new youtube channel