20.03.12 @ 15:34
Lukashenko's foreign policy is defined by greed and fear. Meanwhile, beyond geopolitics, average people live in the shadow of the country's terrible 20th century history.
20.03.12 @ 09:07
20.03.12 @ 09:07
20.03.12 @ 09:07
20.03.12 @ 09:12
Lithuania and Poland handed over confidential bank details to Belarus that led to the arrest of human rights defender, Ales Bialistki.
02.04.12 @ 09:15
A former officer in the 'Diamond' - Lukashenko's elite bodyguard - who lives in exile in the EU, says he "cannot remain indifferent" to the brutality of the regime.
20.03.12 @ 16:20
Underground culture is flourishing in the heart of Belarus despite regime attempts to establish control.
20.03.12 @ 09:11
Eighteen years and still in power, Belarus leader Alexander Lukashenko retains a mesmerising hold on a country which glorifies Soviet-era rule.
27.03.12 @ 09:09
Belarus' former leader - Stanislav Shushkevich - says Lukashenko is an "arse-kisser" whose power will wane if the EU imposes economic sanctions.
20.03.12 @ 09:24
Even as Lukashenko becomes increasingly cruel and unusual, the EU capital is seeing an unprecedented amount of lobbying on his behalf.
30.03.12 @ 09:19
The EU in March blacklisted 29 Belarusian companies, but the measures are a drop in the ocean in terms of Belarus-EU economic relations.
30.03.12 @ 09:22
Money from the London-based European Bank for Reconstruction and Development has been distributed to individuals connected to Belarus’ President Alexander Lukashenko, according to a career politician in the regime.
30.03.12 @ 16:50
Belarus' future nuclear plant, situated just 50km from Vilnius, sits on a fault line which saw a 7.0 magnitude earthquake in 1909.
27.03.12 @ 09:10
Young people in Belarus who defy the regime are denied their education, jailed or punished by reprisals against their family. Many of them just want to leave.
News in Brief
- EPP think tank named after Wilfried Martens10'th @ 18:05
- Bayern chief admits tax evasion of €18m10'th @ 13:21
- Schulz-Juncker debates scheduled on German TV10'th @ 10:19
- Clegg: Britain cannot reform EU 'with one foot out the door'10'th @ 09:33
- Tax cuts will not breach Italy's EU deficit limit, says PM10'th @ 09:32
- Troika calls for more transparency in Greece10'th @ 09:32
- Ukraine could sign EU agreement this month10'th @ 09:31
- Juncker elected EPP's top candidate for commission presidency7'th @ 16:01
- Poland urges Germany to buy less Russian gas10'th @ 18:09
- Estonian commissioner criticised for political campaign10'th @ 09:30
- EU ElectionsRomanian elite's relatives and friends run as MEPs10'th @ 09:30
- EU ElectionsLiberals unveil new Monti-backed Italian coalition10'th @ 09:29
- Ashton looks to closer EU ties on Iran visit10'th @ 09:29
- AgendaUkraine, data protection, and troika in spotlight this WEEK10'th @ 09:28
- EU ElectionsJuncker elected centre-right's top EU candidate7'th @ 19:12
- Edward Snowden wants asylum in EU7'th @ 19:04
- COFACE: and COFACE-Disability on the occasion of International Women’s Day
- Irradiare: EU workshop on biomethane – markets, value chains and applications
- Counter Balance: Take a virtual lobby tour through the heart of the EU
- EMHRN: International Women’s Day: Violence rises, impunity prevails
- EuFoA: Latest paper "EU-Armenia relations: future developments & prospects" published
- Greenpeace: EU energy ministers should get back in the saddle on climate & energy policy
- SUPERHUB: Join us at CeBIT 2014 Hannover the largest fair showcasing IT and telecom solutions
- COFACE: Less than 100 days to go to #EP2014. Need more info ? Sign up for #FamiliesVOTE2014
- EMHRN: Syrian Rights Groups to the Human Rights Council: Stop Violence against Women in Syria!
- EIPA: Efficiency and Quality of Justice Luxembourg, 27-28 March 2014