18.09.12 @ 15:20
As tensions rise between Asia’s economic giants, China and Japan, over a small group of uninhabited mini-islands in the East China Sea, reaction from the EU remains conspicuous by its absence.
30.08.12 @ 19:35
Chinese Prime Minister Wen Jiabao on Thursday offered vague promises to buy bonds from troubled euro-countries, but said that it is ultimately up to Germany and France to solve the crisis.
28.07.12 @ 09:22
China and the EU are facing a. trade war after a group of European solar panel producers this week lodged an anti-dumping complaint, sparking immediate threats of retaliation.
10.07.12 @ 10:18
China is interested in investing in financially sound EU countries, rather than propping up wobbly states, writes Dariusz Kalan.
30.07.12 @ 09:27
Ever since Europe’s economy began spiralling downwards, a growing number of people from Dublin to Athens is learning the language of opportunity: Chinese.
12.07.12 @ 12:17
EU foreign policy chief Ashton believes Beijing is ready to step up co-operation after a meeting with her Chinese counterpart.
14.06.12 @ 08:50
China wants to hold human rights talks with the EU just once a year and to curtail discussion of individual victims.
12.06.12 @ 18:35
China might impound European aircraft if Chinese airlines are punished for missing Friday's deadline on CO2 data, a top executive has said.
30.05.12 @ 09:45
Most EU firms based in China plan to invest even more, but one in five might leave due to red tape and rising labour costs, a survey says.
24.05.12 @ 09:18
The European Parliament adopted a non-legislative resolution on the imbalance of trade relations between the EU and China on Wednesday.
19.04.12 @ 08:07
Officials kept a Chinese VIP away from press in the EU capital on Wednesday, with Beijing keen to stop talk of the Bo Xilai scandal.
07.06.12 @ 17:27
China’s investment in Europe over the last couple of years has multiplied by 10. "We need the money," the EU commission says.
31.05.12 @ 17:50
Members of the five big political groups in the European Parliament have met with members of the one big political group in the National People's Congress of China, in what has been described as a “changing” and "very friendly" climate.
02.05.12 @ 09:29
China has highlighted access to arms technology and less criticism on human rights as two priorities on a visit to the EU capital by its new-leader-in-waiting.
13.04.12 @ 19:26
China's economy so far this year grew slower than ever in the last three years, spelling bad news for its biggest trading partner, the European Union.
News in Brief
- Polish EU candidate: health before business@ 14:07
- Brussels' parakeets 'too smart' to be caught@ 13:32
- EP decision on Spanish commissioner postponed@ 12:58
- MEPs to further quiz Hungarian commissioner@ 12:57
- Romanian commissioner gets EP thumbs-up@ 12:11
- Italy worst in implementing EU laws@ 09:32
- New Nato chief wants closer co-operation with EU@ 09:31
- EU cracks down on Ryanair@ 09:26
- Eastern countries oppose EU climate goals@ 09:31
- Gas war escalates as Russia halves Slovakia supplies@ 09:30
- The new Polish government: What to expect?@ 09:29
- France 'rejects austerity' in controversial budget@ 07:33
- Spain's Canete entangled in EP political battle@ 07:25
- MEPs summon UK's Hill to second hearing1'st @ 21:19
- Ombudsman: 'Now the hard work begins'1'st @ 18:58
- 'Frozen conflict' looming in east Ukraine, EU diplomats say1'st @ 09:49
- Autism Europe: Raising awareness about sex education for people with learning disabilities
- The European MOVE Week: Underway to get Europeans active in sport - click here for more info
- Oxfam: Ahead of TTIP, Europe seeks to expand pharma monopoly at expense of people
- EN.DELFI: Russian Soldiers - cheap and luckless
- EBF: Financial Integration Report highlights ongoing fragmentation
- ACCA: Evaluating the impact of IFRS in the EU
- EN.DELFI: Putin forces West to choose between Ukraine and Middle East
- Swedish Enterprises: ECIPE demystifies investor-state dispute settlements in trade agreements
- Martens Centre: Building a Lifeline for Freedom - Eastern Partnership 2.0 Brussels, 07 October