18.09.12 @ 15:20
As tensions rise between Asia’s economic giants, China and Japan, over a small group of uninhabited mini-islands in the East China Sea, reaction from the EU remains conspicuous by its absence.
30.08.12 @ 19:35
Chinese Prime Minister Wen Jiabao on Thursday offered vague promises to buy bonds from troubled euro-countries, but said that it is ultimately up to Germany and France to solve the crisis.
28.07.12 @ 09:22
China and the EU are facing a. trade war after a group of European solar panel producers this week lodged an anti-dumping complaint, sparking immediate threats of retaliation.
10.07.12 @ 10:18
China is interested in investing in financially sound EU countries, rather than propping up wobbly states, writes Dariusz Kalan.
30.07.12 @ 09:27
Ever since Europe’s economy began spiralling downwards, a growing number of people from Dublin to Athens is learning the language of opportunity: Chinese.
12.07.12 @ 12:17
EU foreign policy chief Ashton believes Beijing is ready to step up co-operation after a meeting with her Chinese counterpart.
14.06.12 @ 08:50
China wants to hold human rights talks with the EU just once a year and to curtail discussion of individual victims.
12.06.12 @ 18:35
China might impound European aircraft if Chinese airlines are punished for missing Friday's deadline on CO2 data, a top executive has said.
30.05.12 @ 09:45
Most EU firms based in China plan to invest even more, but one in five might leave due to red tape and rising labour costs, a survey says.
24.05.12 @ 09:18
The European Parliament adopted a non-legislative resolution on the imbalance of trade relations between the EU and China on Wednesday.
19.04.12 @ 08:07
Officials kept a Chinese VIP away from press in the EU capital on Wednesday, with Beijing keen to stop talk of the Bo Xilai scandal.
07.06.12 @ 17:27
China’s investment in Europe over the last couple of years has multiplied by 10. "We need the money," the EU commission says.
31.05.12 @ 17:50
Members of the five big political groups in the European Parliament have met with members of the one big political group in the National People's Congress of China, in what has been described as a “changing” and "very friendly" climate.
02.05.12 @ 09:29
China has highlighted access to arms technology and less criticism on human rights as two priorities on a visit to the EU capital by its new-leader-in-waiting.
13.04.12 @ 19:26
China's economy so far this year grew slower than ever in the last three years, spelling bad news for its biggest trading partner, the European Union.
News in Brief
- Third bird flu case in the Netherlands21'st @ 16:26
- British Green party backs in/out EU referendum21'st @ 15:08
- UK shelves EU bank bonus challenge21'st @ 15:08
- Italian PM in Strasbourg next week21'st @ 13:49
- Entire commission to be present for Juncker censure21'st @ 13:05
- Orban: Hungary won't sacrifice economy over EU-Russia sanctions21'st @ 09:29
- German EU commissioner doubts French reform drive21'st @ 09:27
- Nato deployed jets 400 times in 201421'st @ 09:23
- OpinionFormer Israeli law chief urges EU parliament to recognise Palestine21'st @ 18:12
- EU parliament to vote on Palestine statehood21'st @ 18:12
- German commissioner provokes French wrath21'st @ 18:11
- Netherlands to pay EU top-up bill this year21'st @ 16:34
- AgendaEU to unveil investment fund this WEEK21'st @ 16:19
- AnalysisRomania's Obama moment21'st @ 12:00
- Dutch had euro-exit plan at height of crisis21'st @ 09:53
- One year after Euromaidan: 13 people dying every day21'st @ 09:29
East-Asia expert professor Christopher Dent was invited to speak at the launch of the EU-China high level cultural forum in Brussels recently. EUobserver accompanied him to find out more about the relationship between the EU and China.
- Danuta Hübner: Awarded with The Legion of Honour for her contribution to EU integration
- Jerzy Buzek: Reindustrialisation & climate targets married via research on clean coal technologies
- Cecilia Wikström: Music video with her reflections regarding imprisoned journalist Dawit Isaak
- Jan Philip Albrecht: Study on Data Retention after the Judgement of the Court of Justice of the EU
- Michael Theurer: Dalligate II: Time to return to the facts and follow checks and balances
- Martina Dlabajová: Still no discharge for the Council from the Budgetary Control Committee
- Eva Paunova: Dinner debate on the digital single market – successes and challenges
- Victor Negrescu: The Next Generation Innovators
- China EU Mission: Ambassador Yang Yanyi: Asia-Pacific cooperation offers opportunities for Europe
- Caritas Europa: Europe 2020 will not deliver if dominated by economic drivers
- PlasticsEurope: Agreement on plastic bags: concern about negative effects on Internal Market
- Red Cross: Conference: Promoting Humanitarian Approach in the EU Migration Agenda
- World Vision: Where are the rights you promised us ?
- ACCA: 5th edition of the Ethics in Finance - Robin Cosgrove Prize, 28 January 2015, Brussels
- EPSU: LuxLeaks reveal something is rotten at the heart of Europe
- EJC: After massacre in Jerusalem, EJC calls to condition aid to Palestinians on stop incitement
- SUPERHUB: Main event: Smart Mobility in changing cities (Milan 26/11/2014)
- AEBIOM: Sustainable biomass backs European Economy, 03 December 2014