18.09.12 @ 15:20
As tensions rise between Asia’s economic giants, China and Japan, over a small group of uninhabited mini-islands in the East China Sea, reaction from the EU remains conspicuous by its absence.
30.08.12 @ 19:35
Chinese Prime Minister Wen Jiabao on Thursday offered vague promises to buy bonds from troubled euro-countries, but said that it is ultimately up to Germany and France to solve the crisis.
28.07.12 @ 09:22
China and the EU are facing a. trade war after a group of European solar panel producers this week lodged an anti-dumping complaint, sparking immediate threats of retaliation.
10.07.12 @ 10:18
China is interested in investing in financially sound EU countries, rather than propping up wobbly states, writes Dariusz Kalan.
30.07.12 @ 09:27
Ever since Europe’s economy began spiralling downwards, a growing number of people from Dublin to Athens is learning the language of opportunity: Chinese.
12.07.12 @ 12:17
EU foreign policy chief Ashton believes Beijing is ready to step up co-operation after a meeting with her Chinese counterpart.
14.06.12 @ 08:50
China wants to hold human rights talks with the EU just once a year and to curtail discussion of individual victims.
12.06.12 @ 18:35
China might impound European aircraft if Chinese airlines are punished for missing Friday's deadline on CO2 data, a top executive has said.
30.05.12 @ 09:45
Most EU firms based in China plan to invest even more, but one in five might leave due to red tape and rising labour costs, a survey says.
24.05.12 @ 09:18
The European Parliament adopted a non-legislative resolution on the imbalance of trade relations between the EU and China on Wednesday.
19.04.12 @ 08:07
Officials kept a Chinese VIP away from press in the EU capital on Wednesday, with Beijing keen to stop talk of the Bo Xilai scandal.
07.06.12 @ 17:27
China’s investment in Europe over the last couple of years has multiplied by 10. "We need the money," the EU commission says.
31.05.12 @ 17:50
Members of the five big political groups in the European Parliament have met with members of the one big political group in the National People's Congress of China, in what has been described as a “changing” and "very friendly" climate.
02.05.12 @ 09:29
China has highlighted access to arms technology and less criticism on human rights as two priorities on a visit to the EU capital by its new-leader-in-waiting.
13.04.12 @ 19:26
China's economy so far this year grew slower than ever in the last three years, spelling bad news for its biggest trading partner, the European Union.
News in Brief
- Report: EU mission in Kosovo passed information to Serbian spies@ 13:16
- Orban retreats from internet tax plan after protests@ 09:34
- New 'double majority' voting rules come into force@ 09:21
- EU in massive cybersecurity exercise@ 09:10
- IMF warns Greece on early bailout exit@ 08:47
- Spain introduces 'Google tax'@ 08:46
- German unemployment drops despite export problems@ 08:39
- Romanian PM frontrunner in presidential elections@ 08:38
- OpinionJailing Iran’s Internet, one user at a time@ 10:55
- 'No one to stay cold', as Russia and Ukraine clinch winter gas deal@ 09:29
- EU promotes consumption of meat and milk@ 09:27
- InvestigationEurope’s tax haven investments in Africa@ 08:22
- OpinionIn the ‘New’ Turkey, corruption is a thing of the past!@ 08:20
- Barroso, Rehn 'unfairly criticised' for eurozone austerity@ 08:03
- EU mission in Kosovo rocked by corruption allegations30'th @ 19:27
- Oettinger stirs controversy ahead of new role as digital commissioner30'th @ 18:29
East-Asia expert professor Christopher Dent was invited to speak at the launch of the EU-China high level cultural forum in Brussels recently. EUobserver accompanied him to find out more about the relationship between the EU and China.
- EN.DELFI: Editor: Our readers understand that Russia is not joking
- European Jewish Congress: Sweden recognition of Palestinian State adds fuel to Middle East
- EFA: Catalonia decides on 9N ! Support EFA campaign for democracy and freedom.
- EIPA: European Union Civil Service Law, Brussels, 27-28 November 2014
- Xinhua News Agency: Winners of the WMS Global Awards for Excellence announced
- EGBA: Want to know how the EU online betting industry fights match-fixing?
- Martens Centre: Has Euromaidan Transformed the Ukrainian Political Landscape? Register now!
- EN.DELFI: Floating LNG terminal "Independence" sails into Lithuania