18.09.12 @ 15:20
As tensions rise between Asia’s economic giants, China and Japan, over a small group of uninhabited mini-islands in the East China Sea, reaction from the EU remains conspicuous by its absence.
30.08.12 @ 19:35
Chinese Prime Minister Wen Jiabao on Thursday offered vague promises to buy bonds from troubled euro-countries, but said that it is ultimately up to Germany and France to solve the crisis.
28.07.12 @ 09:22
China and the EU are facing a. trade war after a group of European solar panel producers this week lodged an anti-dumping complaint, sparking immediate threats of retaliation.
10.07.12 @ 10:18
China is interested in investing in financially sound EU countries, rather than propping up wobbly states, writes Dariusz Kalan.
30.07.12 @ 09:27
Ever since Europe’s economy began spiralling downwards, a growing number of people from Dublin to Athens is learning the language of opportunity: Chinese.
12.07.12 @ 12:17
EU foreign policy chief Ashton believes Beijing is ready to step up co-operation after a meeting with her Chinese counterpart.
14.06.12 @ 08:50
China wants to hold human rights talks with the EU just once a year and to curtail discussion of individual victims.
12.06.12 @ 18:35
China might impound European aircraft if Chinese airlines are punished for missing Friday's deadline on CO2 data, a top executive has said.
30.05.12 @ 09:45
Most EU firms based in China plan to invest even more, but one in five might leave due to red tape and rising labour costs, a survey says.
24.05.12 @ 09:18
The European Parliament adopted a non-legislative resolution on the imbalance of trade relations between the EU and China on Wednesday.
19.04.12 @ 08:07
Officials kept a Chinese VIP away from press in the EU capital on Wednesday, with Beijing keen to stop talk of the Bo Xilai scandal.
07.06.12 @ 17:27
China’s investment in Europe over the last couple of years has multiplied by 10. "We need the money," the EU commission says.
31.05.12 @ 17:50
Members of the five big political groups in the European Parliament have met with members of the one big political group in the National People's Congress of China, in what has been described as a “changing” and "very friendly" climate.
02.05.12 @ 09:29
China has highlighted access to arms technology and less criticism on human rights as two priorities on a visit to the EU capital by its new-leader-in-waiting.
13.04.12 @ 19:26
China's economy so far this year grew slower than ever in the last three years, spelling bad news for its biggest trading partner, the European Union.
News in Brief
- Argentina's import rules for EU firms illegal, says WTO22'nd @ 20:00
- EU to support dairy farmers affected by Russian ban22'nd @ 19:58
- Putin's aid convoy crosses into Ukraine22'nd @ 09:28
- Ireland testing deceased man for Ebola22'nd @ 09:28
- Consultancies scoop big contracts on EU bank supervision22'nd @ 09:28
- Italy to delay budget update22'nd @ 09:27
- EU bans powerful vacuum cleaners to save energy22'nd @ 09:26
- Belgium looking for power after nuclear shutdowns22'nd @ 09:26
- Lithuanian FM: Ukraine will not attack Russian convoy22'nd @ 19:56
- Marijuana should stay illegal, young Europeans say22'nd @ 12:40
- Report: EU countries set out new vision for Gaza22'nd @ 09:24
- AnalysisCan Europe afford a Russia trade war?22'nd @ 09:23
- Scottish EU membership 'not in serious doubt'21'st @ 09:28
- Russia relaxes EU food ban, counts costs21'st @ 09:27
- Poland demands WTO challenge over Russia food ban20'th @ 07:45
- Tobacco lobbying warped EU law, British scientists 'prove'20'th @ 07:37
- EuFoA: Tension rises in Nagorno-Karabakh as ceasefire negotiations are underway
- EEAS: Statement on the downing of Malaysia Airlines flight. In memoriam of Pim de Kuijer
- IFSBH: Join our new initiative: People United for Spina Bifida and Hydrocephalus!
- ACCA: Supports a coherent EU Single Market as to the balance of competences in the UK
- EIPA: Preparing for New EPSO Competitions: Luxembourg, 08 September 2014
- EIPA: Tools for Implementation of EU Policies at National Level. Luxembourg, 22-25/ 09/ 2014
- EPHA: 5th Annual Conference 4-5 September 2014, Brussels
- Centre Maurits Coppieters: Launches a new youtube channel
- ACCA: Implementing the New European Accounting Directive: Making the right choices
- UNESDA: Impact of food taxes on public health inconclusive and contradictory as per EC study