18.09.12 @ 15:20
As tensions rise between Asia’s economic giants, China and Japan, over a small group of uninhabited mini-islands in the East China Sea, reaction from the EU remains conspicuous by its absence.
30.08.12 @ 19:35
Chinese Prime Minister Wen Jiabao on Thursday offered vague promises to buy bonds from troubled euro-countries, but said that it is ultimately up to Germany and France to solve the crisis.
28.07.12 @ 09:22
China and the EU are facing a. trade war after a group of European solar panel producers this week lodged an anti-dumping complaint, sparking immediate threats of retaliation.
10.07.12 @ 10:18
China is interested in investing in financially sound EU countries, rather than propping up wobbly states, writes Dariusz Kalan.
30.07.12 @ 09:27
Ever since Europe’s economy began spiralling downwards, a growing number of people from Dublin to Athens is learning the language of opportunity: Chinese.
12.07.12 @ 12:17
EU foreign policy chief Ashton believes Beijing is ready to step up co-operation after a meeting with her Chinese counterpart.
14.06.12 @ 08:50
China wants to hold human rights talks with the EU just once a year and to curtail discussion of individual victims.
12.06.12 @ 18:35
China might impound European aircraft if Chinese airlines are punished for missing Friday's deadline on CO2 data, a top executive has said.
30.05.12 @ 09:45
Most EU firms based in China plan to invest even more, but one in five might leave due to red tape and rising labour costs, a survey says.
24.05.12 @ 09:18
The European Parliament adopted a non-legislative resolution on the imbalance of trade relations between the EU and China on Wednesday.
19.04.12 @ 08:07
Officials kept a Chinese VIP away from press in the EU capital on Wednesday, with Beijing keen to stop talk of the Bo Xilai scandal.
07.06.12 @ 17:27
China’s investment in Europe over the last couple of years has multiplied by 10. "We need the money," the EU commission says.
31.05.12 @ 17:50
Members of the five big political groups in the European Parliament have met with members of the one big political group in the National People's Congress of China, in what has been described as a “changing” and "very friendly" climate.
02.05.12 @ 09:29
China has highlighted access to arms technology and less criticism on human rights as two priorities on a visit to the EU capital by its new-leader-in-waiting.
13.04.12 @ 19:26
China's economy so far this year grew slower than ever in the last three years, spelling bad news for its biggest trading partner, the European Union.
News in Brief
- Brussels braced for police demonstration@ 09:18
- Irish plans for banning tobacco logos disputed@ 09:18
- German SPD divided on EU-US free trade deal@ 09:02
- German firm offers reward for MH17 information@ 07:44
- US concerned about low growth in Europe@ 07:43
- EP fines Polish member for racist language@ 07:42
- EU welcomes self-rule for pro-Russia rebels in Ukraine@ 07:41
- EU warns Serbia on South Stream@ 07:40
- Voting starts in Scottish independence referendum@ 09:29
- Finnish PM faces backlash over Russia nuclear plant@ 09:28
- OpinionEU asylum and war criminals: No place to hide@ 08:50
- OpinionCan nuclear talks be a template for human rights in Iran?@ 08:46
- MEPs critical of 'underfunded' EU youth employment plan17'th @ 20:52
- EP gears itself up for hearings of new commissioners17'th @ 17:04
- FeatureScotland prepares for life after referendum17'th @ 09:57
- Most Malta boat victims were Gaza refugees17'th @ 09:26
- CESI: Event: Working Time Directive – new term, new impetus? 25 September 2014, 1pm-3pm
- Martens Centre: Economic Ideas Forum 2014, 16-17 Oct in Bratislava, register now!
- EBF: Tax Conference to review G20 talks on Automatic Exchange
- EuFoA: Basque Parliament recognizes Nagorno-Karabakh self-determination
- Europeche: EU fishing sector demands responsible and committed future Commissioner
- Eurocommerce: ECJ judgment on MasterCard: a great victory for EU consumers & retailers
- ACCA: The new Commission has the right credentials for the challenges faced by the EU
- Counter Balance: What perspectives on the Project Bond Initiative
- EBF: EBF statement on the Juncker Commission
- Counter Balance: Corporate interest on way to win over the EU banks transparency policy