18.09.12 @ 15:20
As tensions rise between Asia’s economic giants, China and Japan, over a small group of uninhabited mini-islands in the East China Sea, reaction from the EU remains conspicuous by its absence.
30.08.12 @ 19:35
Chinese Prime Minister Wen Jiabao on Thursday offered vague promises to buy bonds from troubled euro-countries, but said that it is ultimately up to Germany and France to solve the crisis.
28.07.12 @ 09:22
China and the EU are facing a. trade war after a group of European solar panel producers this week lodged an anti-dumping complaint, sparking immediate threats of retaliation.
10.07.12 @ 10:18
China is interested in investing in financially sound EU countries, rather than propping up wobbly states, writes Dariusz Kalan.
30.07.12 @ 09:27
Ever since Europe’s economy began spiralling downwards, a growing number of people from Dublin to Athens is learning the language of opportunity: Chinese.
12.07.12 @ 12:17
EU foreign policy chief Ashton believes Beijing is ready to step up co-operation after a meeting with her Chinese counterpart.
14.06.12 @ 08:50
China wants to hold human rights talks with the EU just once a year and to curtail discussion of individual victims.
12.06.12 @ 18:35
China might impound European aircraft if Chinese airlines are punished for missing Friday's deadline on CO2 data, a top executive has said.
30.05.12 @ 09:45
Most EU firms based in China plan to invest even more, but one in five might leave due to red tape and rising labour costs, a survey says.
24.05.12 @ 09:18
The European Parliament adopted a non-legislative resolution on the imbalance of trade relations between the EU and China on Wednesday.
19.04.12 @ 08:07
Officials kept a Chinese VIP away from press in the EU capital on Wednesday, with Beijing keen to stop talk of the Bo Xilai scandal.
07.06.12 @ 17:27
China’s investment in Europe over the last couple of years has multiplied by 10. "We need the money," the EU commission says.
31.05.12 @ 17:50
Members of the five big political groups in the European Parliament have met with members of the one big political group in the National People's Congress of China, in what has been described as a “changing” and "very friendly" climate.
02.05.12 @ 09:29
China has highlighted access to arms technology and less criticism on human rights as two priorities on a visit to the EU capital by its new-leader-in-waiting.
13.04.12 @ 19:26
China's economy so far this year grew slower than ever in the last three years, spelling bad news for its biggest trading partner, the European Union.
News in Brief
- Report: 25 banks to fail ECB stress tests24'th @ 20:07
- Renzi contradicts Cameron on 'lethal weapon' quote24'th @ 18:09
- Cameron 'angry' over extra EU bill of €2bn24'th @ 15:01
- Ice-cold relations inside the ECB: report24'th @ 09:01
- Soros: EU has lost its way24'th @ 09:00
- European bank stress tests to reveal small problems: report24'th @ 08:59
- Beer and wine fuelled EU climate deal24'th @ 08:57
- No comment from Barroso on extra €2 billion from UK24'th @ 03:32
- Van Rompuy and Barroso leave EU stage with porcelain plates24'th @ 20:13
- Draghi warns eurozone leaders on recession 'relapse'24'th @ 20:09
- Hungary's Orban stonewalls US corruption allegations24'th @ 18:04
- UN welcomes EU climate deal24'th @ 16:58
- Cameron vows to reject €2 billion EU bill24'th @ 16:16
- Cameron slapped with new €2bn EU bill24'th @ 09:47
- Cyprus seeks harsh EU statement on Turkey24'th @ 09:29
- Renzi stirs up EU row ahead of eurozone meeting24'th @ 09:27
East-Asia expert professor Christopher Dent was invited to speak at the launch of the EU-China high level cultural forum in Brussels recently. EUobserver accompanied him to find out more about the relationship between the EU and China.
- EuroCommerce: New Commission offers fresh approach, but over-ambitious portfolio casts shadow
- EN.DELFI: How Russia wages hybrid energy war against Lithuania
- Oxfam: Europe must review climate targets after weak climate package deal
- Red Cross: A humanitarian approach within the EU Migration Agenda: 20 November @ EESC
- Counter Balance: Thousands urge the EU Commission to ditch biodiversity offsetting
- Oxfam: Bolder EU response needed to help stop Ebola spiralling out of control
- CESI: Ebola requires action: CESI demands full protection of healthcare workers at risk
- EGBA: Want to know how the EU online betting industry fights match-fixing?
- Access Now: Commissioners hearings: The many faces of Digital in the new Commission
- CESI: Taxation at the heart of the crisis, CESI Europe Academy discusses #TaxinEU