18.09.12 @ 15:20
As tensions rise between Asia’s economic giants, China and Japan, over a small group of uninhabited mini-islands in the East China Sea, reaction from the EU remains conspicuous by its absence.
30.08.12 @ 19:35
Chinese Prime Minister Wen Jiabao on Thursday offered vague promises to buy bonds from troubled euro-countries, but said that it is ultimately up to Germany and France to solve the crisis.
28.07.12 @ 09:22
China and the EU are facing a. trade war after a group of European solar panel producers this week lodged an anti-dumping complaint, sparking immediate threats of retaliation.
10.07.12 @ 10:18
China is interested in investing in financially sound EU countries, rather than propping up wobbly states, writes Dariusz Kalan.
30.07.12 @ 09:27
Ever since Europe’s economy began spiralling downwards, a growing number of people from Dublin to Athens is learning the language of opportunity: Chinese.
12.07.12 @ 12:17
EU foreign policy chief Ashton believes Beijing is ready to step up co-operation after a meeting with her Chinese counterpart.
14.06.12 @ 08:50
China wants to hold human rights talks with the EU just once a year and to curtail discussion of individual victims.
12.06.12 @ 18:35
China might impound European aircraft if Chinese airlines are punished for missing Friday's deadline on CO2 data, a top executive has said.
30.05.12 @ 09:45
Most EU firms based in China plan to invest even more, but one in five might leave due to red tape and rising labour costs, a survey says.
24.05.12 @ 09:18
The European Parliament adopted a non-legislative resolution on the imbalance of trade relations between the EU and China on Wednesday.
19.04.12 @ 08:07
Officials kept a Chinese VIP away from press in the EU capital on Wednesday, with Beijing keen to stop talk of the Bo Xilai scandal.
07.06.12 @ 17:27
China’s investment in Europe over the last couple of years has multiplied by 10. "We need the money," the EU commission says.
31.05.12 @ 17:50
Members of the five big political groups in the European Parliament have met with members of the one big political group in the National People's Congress of China, in what has been described as a “changing” and "very friendly" climate.
02.05.12 @ 09:29
China has highlighted access to arms technology and less criticism on human rights as two priorities on a visit to the EU capital by its new-leader-in-waiting.
13.04.12 @ 19:26
China's economy so far this year grew slower than ever in the last three years, spelling bad news for its biggest trading partner, the European Union.
News in Brief
- Berlin euro meeting 'one of many,' commission says
- MEPs head to Kiev, as authorities threaten crackdown
- Merkel has 'no memory' of pressuring Spain
- Mini-Eurogroup aims to reach deal on banking authority
- Germany offers technical support to France in Africa
- Gazprom hits back at EU on South Stream
- Schaeuble to host mini-Eurogroup on banking union
- Belgium and France raise alarm on European fighters in Syria
- EU parliament aims to hold video conference with Snowden
- EU envoy says Ukraine can still sign pact
- Merkel denies pressuring Spain on bailout6'th @ 18:28
- EU data protection bill 'moves backwards'6'th @ 17:57
- Snowden to make video appearance at EU parliament6'th @ 16:35
- Ukraine and Bulgaria show power of EU model6'th @ 11:48
- France goes to war in Africa to 'save lives'6'th @ 09:29
- World pays tribute to Mandela6'th @ 09:29
- EU says No to Russian pipeline, as Ukraine talks resume6'th @ 09:29
- EU financial tax is legal, commission lawyers say6'th @ 09:24
- UK and Germany dislike EU 'welfare tourism' plan6'th @ 09:23
- Political open season6'th @ 09:22
- Birdlife: Wind farms: new report provides latest know-how on reducing environmental impact
- EMHRN: Israel’s Culture of Impunity: Nothing Less than Accountability!
- ECPA: Crop diversity, food safety and food security under threat in Europe
- EPF: Press conference on cross-border healthcare and patients' rights
- ACCA: Improved transparency in auditor reporting - making it a reality in the EU
- OGP: EU domestic shale gas production could add a million jobs, new study shows
- ICSS: Joins Council of Europe & Sorbonne to host EU forum on integrity in sport
- FIA: Greater cooperation to deliver new car technologies to consumers
- EFA-ECC: Lessons to address the poor state of COPD care in Europe
- EMHRN: Violence against women, bleeding wound in the Syrian conflict
East-Asia expert professor Christopher Dent was invited to speak at the launch of the EU-China high level cultural forum in Brussels recently. EUobserver accompanied him to find out more about the relationship between the EU and China.
- What happened to the EU2020 strategy?Progressive Change
- This is a very dead horse - stop floggingAnother Look
- Facebook isn't our friendExposing Corporate Europe
- Moscow Never SleepsBelarus Reloaded
- The trouble with Europe’s big thinking? Europe’s big states.Super Commuter
- Don´t take their word for itAnother Look
- Eurasian Union's problem with Russian nationalismNeighbourhood
- COP 19: Walking about Warsaw in circlesGlobal challenges
- Does UKIP now have the cash to cause an earthquake?The Fox Edition
- The EU budget farce is over....for now at leastThe Fox Edition