18.09.12 @ 15:20
As tensions rise between Asia’s economic giants, China and Japan, over a small group of uninhabited mini-islands in the East China Sea, reaction from the EU remains conspicuous by its absence.
30.08.12 @ 19:35
Chinese Prime Minister Wen Jiabao on Thursday offered vague promises to buy bonds from troubled euro-countries, but said that it is ultimately up to Germany and France to solve the crisis.
28.07.12 @ 09:22
China and the EU are facing a. trade war after a group of European solar panel producers this week lodged an anti-dumping complaint, sparking immediate threats of retaliation.
10.07.12 @ 10:18
China is interested in investing in financially sound EU countries, rather than propping up wobbly states, writes Dariusz Kalan.
30.07.12 @ 09:27
Ever since Europe’s economy began spiralling downwards, a growing number of people from Dublin to Athens is learning the language of opportunity: Chinese.
12.07.12 @ 12:17
EU foreign policy chief Ashton believes Beijing is ready to step up co-operation after a meeting with her Chinese counterpart.
14.06.12 @ 08:50
China wants to hold human rights talks with the EU just once a year and to curtail discussion of individual victims.
12.06.12 @ 18:35
China might impound European aircraft if Chinese airlines are punished for missing Friday's deadline on CO2 data, a top executive has said.
30.05.12 @ 09:45
Most EU firms based in China plan to invest even more, but one in five might leave due to red tape and rising labour costs, a survey says.
24.05.12 @ 09:18
The European Parliament adopted a non-legislative resolution on the imbalance of trade relations between the EU and China on Wednesday.
19.04.12 @ 08:07
Officials kept a Chinese VIP away from press in the EU capital on Wednesday, with Beijing keen to stop talk of the Bo Xilai scandal.
07.06.12 @ 17:27
China’s investment in Europe over the last couple of years has multiplied by 10. "We need the money," the EU commission says.
31.05.12 @ 17:50
Members of the five big political groups in the European Parliament have met with members of the one big political group in the National People's Congress of China, in what has been described as a “changing” and "very friendly" climate.
02.05.12 @ 09:29
China has highlighted access to arms technology and less criticism on human rights as two priorities on a visit to the EU capital by its new-leader-in-waiting.
13.04.12 @ 19:26
China's economy so far this year grew slower than ever in the last three years, spelling bad news for its biggest trading partner, the European Union.
News in Brief
- MEPs back anti-Google resolution@ 14:12
- European Parliament approves new data protection supervisor@ 14:06
- EU to blacklist 13 people, five entities over Ukraine@ 14:05
- EU lawmakers agree deal on investment funds@ 13:19
- Juncker survives confidence vote@ 12:16
- EP postpones decision on LuxLeaks inquiry@ 11:38
- Van Rompuy to teach at College of Europe@ 09:47
- Bulgaria won't sign EU-US trade deal until visas are scrapped@ 09:13
- EU blacklists 13 Ukrainians over Russia war@ 18:10
- OpinionTurkey needs its women, Mr Erdogan@ 17:06
- AnalysisEurope's 'last chance' investment scheme depends on pension funds@ 11:07
- Mediapart: National Front's Kremlin loan is worth €40mn@ 09:28
- MEP vote ups pressure on EU to break up Google@ 09:26
- OpinionCommon European investment programme needed26'th @ 18:30
- EU regulators want right-to-be forgotten to go global26'th @ 18:24
- MEPs endorse Juncker investment plan despite criticism26'th @ 16:28
East-Asia expert professor Christopher Dent was invited to speak at the launch of the EU-China high level cultural forum in Brussels recently. EUobserver accompanied him to find out more about the relationship between the EU and China.
- Danuta Hübner: Danuta Hübner at the first meeting of the EPP Working Group on TTiP
- Danuta Hübner: Jobs, Growth & Investment Package to succeed if mobilizes private sector
- Eva Paunova: Digital techs must be recognised as best route to growth and development
- Jan Philipp Albrecht: EU-Canada PNR scheme must have legality assessed by European Court
- Cecilia Wikström: Interview - From a priest to an MEP
- Martina Dlabajová: Still no discharge for the Council from the Budgetary Control Committee
- Jerzy Buzek: Reindustrialisation & climate targets married via research on clean coal technologies
- Michael Theurer: Dalligate II: Time to return to the facts and follow checks and balances
- Victor Negrescu: The Next Generation Innovators
- Access Now: Wishing “Bon voyage” to PNR agreements in Europe
- EBF: EBF underlines need to match EFSI funds with stable economic framework
- European SchoolNet: Making competence based education a reality in schools across Europe
- CESI: Breaking Down Barriers: Towards Gender Equality at Work. Lunch debate, 11 Dec
- Counter Balance: Junker investment package shifts risks from private investors to EU taxpayers
- ThinkYoung: Join the Charity Dinner for UNICEF by ThinkYoung & Burson Marsteller to fight Ebola!
- Access Now: Save the Internet: The EU MS are about to turn their backs on Net Neutrality
- EU Spirits: Do you know how apples & pears go into a bottle ?
- Martens Centre: Invites you to the Transatlantic Think Tank Conference on 4 Dec, register now!
- EMHRN: Day for the Elimination of Violence vs. Women: Bleak Picture for the Euro-Med Region