10.12.11 @ 15:46
The international community calls for calm as the main opposition leader declares himself victor.
01.11.11 @ 09:02
01.11.11 @ 09:02
01.11.11 @ 09:00
05.12.11 @ 21:54
Post-electoral tensions in the Democratic Republic of Congo spilled onto the streets of Brussels on Monday, with angry supporters of opposition presidential candidate Etienne Tshisekedi damaging vehicles and briefly occupying the EU capital’s inner ring-road.
25.11.11 @ 15:11
The EU has pushed for greater Congolese 'ownership' of the upcoming elections, but bouts of violence have already broken out across the country.
14.11.11 @ 10:42
EU security missions in Congo have scored a number of technical successes, but fundamental problems remain untouched.
02.12.11 @ 12:15
Scenes of chaos in the Democratic Republic of Congo this week have given way to fears of a protracted standoff between opposing sides.
18.11.11 @ 18:09
The exploitation of certain minerals in eastern Congo is fueling the region's ongoing conflict, but the EU's response is still unclear.
04.11.11 @ 15:56
The DRC's Virunga National Park is teaming with wildlife but also sits atop huge oil deposits, traditionally a magnet for corruption in parts of Africa. New EU legislation covering the extractive industry may help.
01.11.11 @ 09:02
The Democratic Republic of Congo was last year the largest recipient of EU support among ACP states. But critics say this approach has failed, drawing a question mark over the EU's next step.
07.07.11 @ 09:53
The EU needs to check how its funds are being used in Congo and make sure the country doesn't descend into Ivory Coast-type violence after the presidential elections in November, opposition leader Medard Mulangala said in an interview.
News in Brief
- Socialists threaten to veto woman-poor commission@ 10:26
- Russia accuses EU commissioner of 'treacherous sacrilege'@ 10:20
- Four EU states join US in condemning Libya air strikes@ 09:30
- Austrian conservative leader quits over budget and tax reforms@ 09:29
- Strongest support for ISIS among young French@ 09:20
- Poroshenko shakes Putin's hand in Minsk26'th @ 17:41
- Putin says EU-Ukraine trade pact will cost him €2bn26'th @ 17:40
- Cameron backs Tusk for council job26'th @ 17:22
- Nato chief unveils new plan for eastern Europe@ 09:30
- Valls picks investment banker as France's new economy minister@ 09:29
- Italy's Mogherini still an option for EU foreign policy job@ 09:28
- FeatureThe changing face of Europe's mafia26'th @ 17:40
- Scottish separatist wins TV debate ahead of referendum26'th @ 09:30
- EU to investigate Galileo launch failure26'th @ 09:28
- Russians, Chinese keen to buy EU passports from Malta26'th @ 08:30
- French government in turmoil over economic policies26'th @ 07:51
- EuFoA: Tension rises in Nagorno-Karabakh as ceasefire negotiations are underway
- IFSBH: Join our new initiative: People United for Spina Bifida and Hydrocephalus!
- ACCA: Supports a coherent EU Single Market as to the balance of competences in the UK
- EIPA: Preparing for New EPSO Competitions: Luxembourg, 08 September 2014
- EIPA: Tools for Implementation of EU Policies at National Level. Luxembourg, 22-25/ 09/ 2014
- EPHA: 5th Annual Conference 4-5 September 2014, Brussels
- Centre Maurits Coppieters: Launches a new youtube channel
- ACCA: Implementing the New European Accounting Directive: Making the right choices
- UNESDA: Impact of food taxes on public health inconclusive and contradictory as per EC study