10.12.11 @ 15:46
The international community calls for calm as the main opposition leader declares himself victor.
01.11.11 @ 09:02
01.11.11 @ 09:02
01.11.11 @ 09:00
05.12.11 @ 21:54
Post-electoral tensions in the Democratic Republic of Congo spilled onto the streets of Brussels on Monday, with angry supporters of opposition presidential candidate Etienne Tshisekedi damaging vehicles and briefly occupying the EU capital’s inner ring-road.
25.11.11 @ 15:11
The EU has pushed for greater Congolese 'ownership' of the upcoming elections, but bouts of violence have already broken out across the country.
14.11.11 @ 10:42
EU security missions in Congo have scored a number of technical successes, but fundamental problems remain untouched.
02.12.11 @ 12:15
Scenes of chaos in the Democratic Republic of Congo this week have given way to fears of a protracted standoff between opposing sides.
18.11.11 @ 18:09
The exploitation of certain minerals in eastern Congo is fueling the region's ongoing conflict, but the EU's response is still unclear.
04.11.11 @ 15:56
The DRC's Virunga National Park is teaming with wildlife but also sits atop huge oil deposits, traditionally a magnet for corruption in parts of Africa. New EU legislation covering the extractive industry may help.
01.11.11 @ 09:02
The Democratic Republic of Congo was last year the largest recipient of EU support among ACP states. But critics say this approach has failed, drawing a question mark over the EU's next step.
07.07.11 @ 09:53
The EU needs to check how its funds are being used in Congo and make sure the country doesn't descend into Ivory Coast-type violence after the presidential elections in November, opposition leader Medard Mulangala said in an interview.
News in Brief
- Dutch research team finds human remains at MH17 crash site31'st @ 18:29
- EU unemployment rate unchanged in September31'st @ 17:52
- UK's EU contribution up €3.5 billion in 201331'st @ 17:52
- German autobahn toll set to be introduced in 201631'st @ 14:39
- Frontex-led operation Triton has enough money for 2 months31'st @ 14:35
- Eurozone inflation rate marginally up31'st @ 13:54
- Report: EU mission in Kosovo passed information to Serbian spies31'st @ 13:16
- Orban retreats from internet tax plan after protests31'st @ 09:34
- Whistleblower urges external probe into EU mission in Kosovo@ 19:13
- 'Better than Belgium', or the long goodbye@ 19:09
- AgendaJuncker commission starts this WEEK@ 18:39
- EU lodges new WTO protest against Russia@ 18:35
- OpinionJailing Iran’s Internet, one user at a time@ 10:55
- 'No one to stay cold', as Russia and Ukraine clinch winter gas deal@ 09:29
- EU promotes consumption of meat and milk@ 09:27
- InvestigationEurope’s tax haven investments in Africa@ 08:22
"We want to avoid a post-electoral situation like in the Ivory Coast," says Congolese MP Medard Mulangala, who heads the main opposition party in Congo, the Union for a Republican Majority.
- Counter Balance: Ombudsman: EIB weakens EU to strengthen rule of law in Bosnia-Herzegovina
- EBF: The new EU Financial Reporting Advisory Group Board marks new milestone in governance
- EuropeanIssuers & FESE: European Small and Mid-Cap Awards - 26th November 2014
- EN.DELFI: Editor: Our readers understand that Russia is not joking
- European Jewish Congress: Sweden recognition of Palestinian State adds fuel to Middle East
- EFA: Catalonia decides on 9N ! Support EFA campaign for democracy and freedom.
- European SchoolNet: Europe needs to boost the E-skills to tap the job creation potential of ICT
- European SchoolNet: European government agencies & industry combine to combat bullying
- EIPA: European Union Civil Service Law, Brussels, 27-28 November 2014
- EGBA: Want to know how the EU online betting industry fights match-fixing?