10.12.11 @ 15:46
The international community calls for calm as the main opposition leader declares himself victor.
01.11.11 @ 09:02
01.11.11 @ 09:02
01.11.11 @ 09:00
05.12.11 @ 21:54
Post-electoral tensions in the Democratic Republic of Congo spilled onto the streets of Brussels on Monday, with angry supporters of opposition presidential candidate Etienne Tshisekedi damaging vehicles and briefly occupying the EU capital’s inner ring-road.
25.11.11 @ 15:11
The EU has pushed for greater Congolese 'ownership' of the upcoming elections, but bouts of violence have already broken out across the country.
14.11.11 @ 10:42
EU security missions in Congo have scored a number of technical successes, but fundamental problems remain untouched.
02.12.11 @ 12:15
Scenes of chaos in the Democratic Republic of Congo this week have given way to fears of a protracted standoff between opposing sides.
18.11.11 @ 18:09
The exploitation of certain minerals in eastern Congo is fueling the region's ongoing conflict, but the EU's response is still unclear.
04.11.11 @ 15:56
The DRC's Virunga National Park is teaming with wildlife but also sits atop huge oil deposits, traditionally a magnet for corruption in parts of Africa. New EU legislation covering the extractive industry may help.
01.11.11 @ 09:02
The Democratic Republic of Congo was last year the largest recipient of EU support among ACP states. But critics say this approach has failed, drawing a question mark over the EU's next step.
07.07.11 @ 09:53
The EU needs to check how its funds are being used in Congo and make sure the country doesn't descend into Ivory Coast-type violence after the presidential elections in November, opposition leader Medard Mulangala said in an interview.
News in Brief
- Putin told Barroso he could 'take Kiev in two weeks'1'st @ 18:58
- New EU foreign policy chief criticises Putin1'st @ 18:48
- Belgium only country not to have nominated EU commissioner1'st @ 12:40
- Berlin to accept Moscovici as economics commissioner: Report1'st @ 12:27
- German eurosceptic party enters state parliament after vote1'st @ 11:37
- Only one in four Norwegians support EU membership1'st @ 09:18
- Russia calls for 'ceasefire', 'statehood' in east Ukraine1'st @ 09:06
- Romania may send a female commissioner31'st @ 02:04
- Who is Tusk and what does he mean for the EU?@ 18:44
- Cameron faces new EU referendum backlash@ 09:22
- OpinionWhy America is recovering, but Europe is not - Part II@ 09:17
- EU expert groups dominated by corporate interest, say NGOs@ 09:09
- Who is Federica Mogherini?@ 08:59
- EU leaders give Putin one-week deadline31'st @ 02:25
- EU leaders pick Tusk, Mogherini for top posts30'th @ 21:43
- Poroshenko: EU likely to hold off on Russia sanctions30'th @ 14:41
- EUA: EU 2015 Budget negotiations: EUA warns against making cuts to research payments
- EPSU: New Commission must end corporate dominance of EU expert groups
- Martens Centre: Register now for the event “A Changing Eastern Neighbourhood”
- Martens Centre: Register now for event on 9 Sept: Banking and Monetary Union 2014-2019
- EuFoA: Tension rises in Nagorno-Karabakh as ceasefire negotiations are underway
- ACCA: Supports a coherent EU Single Market as to the balance of competences in the UK
- EIPA: Preparing for New EPSO Competitions: Luxembourg, 08 September 2014
- EIPA: Tools for Implementation of EU Policies at National Level. Luxembourg, 22-25/ 09/ 2014
- EPHA: 5th Annual Conference 4-5 September 2014, Brussels
- Centre Maurits Coppieters: Launches a new youtube channel