08.03.13 @ 09:29
Industry lobbyists have downgraded EU countries in their world ranking of top performers on cloud computing, as the Union prepares to overhaul its data protection rules.
03.12.12 @ 13:39
23.03.12 @ 17:40
12.04.12 @ 10:07
12.03.12 @ 10:56
06.03.13 @ 17:45
The European Union has hit software giant Microsoft with a €561 million fine in one of the bloc's biggest anti-trust settlements.
27.09.12 @ 10:40
The creative industries and culture sector are a “largely untapped resource” in the European economy, according to a paper released on Wednesday by the European Commission.
05.09.12 @ 09:24
The European Commission is under pressure to keep to its self-imposed September deadline to publish an EU cloud computing strategy, as new evidence revealed widespread public confusion about it.
30.11.12 @ 17:33
The question of copyrights and the music industry was already old and vexed. The digital age, with the advent of millions of songs accessible at the click of a mouse, has added an extra layer.
20.09.12 @ 09:29
Governments and industry should invest €45 billion in cloud computing by 2020 as part of an EU strategy to generate an estimated €900 billion in GDP and an additional 3.8 billion by the end of the decade.
14.08.12 @ 08:49
National governments and the EU should maintain state funding for the arts instead of leaving it to markets, EU culture commissioner Androulla Vassiliou has said.
03.08.12 @ 08:09
French and British regulators have demanded access to all Wi-Fi data collected for Google’s Street View site.
24.07.12 @ 20:07
Plans for tighter EU rules on Internet service providers have been pushed back to 2013 after the European Commission this week launched a public consultation lasting until mid-October.
06.07.12 @ 18:37
Companies using cloud computing services must “guarantee” compliance with EU data rules, according to the EU’s leading data protection watchdog.
04.07.12 @ 19:47
The little-loved anti-counterfeit treaty, Acta, has collapsed after MEPs in the European Parliament vetoed it by an overwhelming majority.
26.07.12 @ 09:32
Search-engine Google is set to avoid fines worth up to $4 billion after the European Commission's competition boss Joaquin Almunia publicly acknowledged that a deal is close.
12.07.12 @ 17:16
Plans to re-write EU rules on music copyright have received a cool reception by artists and collecting societies.
11.07.12 @ 09:14
The EU's collecting societies have not adapted to the global shift to the digital age. Instead, music pirates seize the opportunities that the online world offers, writes Michel Barnier, EU commissioner for Internal Market and Services.
04.07.12 @ 16:53
The European Commission is refusing to be drawn on steps made by Internet search-engine Google to avoid an EU fine of up to €3.8 billion.
News in Brief
- Bribery allegations mar Greek presidential vote@ 14:14
- Russia seeks to jail top anti-corruption activist for 10 years@ 14:13
- IMF holds back tranche for Cyprus@ 09:04
- Tsipras wants to 'cancel austerity' if elected@ 09:03
- Poroshenko calls on parliament to adopt bill on joining Nato@ 09:03
- Italian president to step down@ 09:03
- Poland warns of veto on UK migrant benefits cuts plan@ 09:02
- Dutch coalition saved by deal on health bill@ 01:27
- Tusk praised for 'short, concise' EU summit@ 16:49
- Thousands protest in Brussels against EU-US trade ageement@ 16:45
- Luxembourg caves in to EU tax listing demands@ 09:01
- Merkel: EU strategy is to maintain Russia sanctions@ 01:36
- TTIP by end of 2015, EU leaders pledge@ 01:34
- EU leaders want 'urgent' action on investment fund18'th @ 22:29
- OpinionEU-Turkey ties will survive war of words18'th @ 21:07
- Court crushes EU plan to join human rights convention18'th @ 18:36
MEPS from the Parliament's trade committee outline why they are unhappy with the current Acta dossier.
- Jan Philipp Albrecht: Study on Data Retention after the Judgement of the Court of Justice of the European Union
- Cecilia Wikström: EU Governments must come clean on CIA torture programme
- Tonino Picula: Georgia needs support of the European Union today!
- Michael Theurer: Noch mehr Schulden sind nicht der Ausweg aus der Schuldenfalle!
- Eva Paunova: Granted JA-YE and AmCham EU Youth Entrepreneurship Award
- Tonino Picula: The youngest European state deserves future in EU, I said to FMA after visiting Kosovo
- Eva Paunova: Meets US Chief negotiator on TTIP during diplomatic visit in Washington DC
- Jerzy Buzek: Congratulations to the town Kisielice for winning the EU 2014 ManagEnergy Award
- Victor Negrescu: S&D40 members meeting with the leader of the S&D Group, Gianni Pitella
- Jan Philipp Albrecht: Digital market/Google: MEPs fail to focus consumer rights and net neutrality
- COFACE: News - December 2014
- Oxfam: EU executives’ fixation with private sector compromises commitment to poor people
- Martens Centre: 5 reasons why the end of South Stream should mark the start of Energy Union
- Dialogue Platform: Calls for release of journalists detained in Turkey
- EMHRN: Egypt: Const. Committee Testify to Baselessness of Charges in Shura Council Case