08.03.13 @ 09:29
Industry lobbyists have downgraded EU countries in their world ranking of top performers on cloud computing, as the Union prepares to overhaul its data protection rules.
03.12.12 @ 13:39
23.03.12 @ 17:40
12.04.12 @ 10:07
12.03.12 @ 10:56
06.03.13 @ 17:45
The European Union has hit software giant Microsoft with a €561 million fine in one of the bloc's biggest anti-trust settlements.
27.09.12 @ 10:40
The creative industries and culture sector are a “largely untapped resource” in the European economy, according to a paper released on Wednesday by the European Commission.
05.09.12 @ 09:24
The European Commission is under pressure to keep to its self-imposed September deadline to publish an EU cloud computing strategy, as new evidence revealed widespread public confusion about it.
30.11.12 @ 17:33
The question of copyrights and the music industry was already old and vexed. The digital age, with the advent of millions of songs accessible at the click of a mouse, has added an extra layer.
20.09.12 @ 09:29
Governments and industry should invest €45 billion in cloud computing by 2020 as part of an EU strategy to generate an estimated €900 billion in GDP and an additional 3.8 billion by the end of the decade.
14.08.12 @ 08:49
National governments and the EU should maintain state funding for the arts instead of leaving it to markets, EU culture commissioner Androulla Vassiliou has said.
03.08.12 @ 08:09
French and British regulators have demanded access to all Wi-Fi data collected for Google’s Street View site.
24.07.12 @ 20:07
Plans for tighter EU rules on Internet service providers have been pushed back to 2013 after the European Commission this week launched a public consultation lasting until mid-October.
06.07.12 @ 18:37
Companies using cloud computing services must “guarantee” compliance with EU data rules, according to the EU’s leading data protection watchdog.
04.07.12 @ 19:47
The little-loved anti-counterfeit treaty, Acta, has collapsed after MEPs in the European Parliament vetoed it by an overwhelming majority.
26.07.12 @ 09:32
Search-engine Google is set to avoid fines worth up to $4 billion after the European Commission's competition boss Joaquin Almunia publicly acknowledged that a deal is close.
12.07.12 @ 17:16
Plans to re-write EU rules on music copyright have received a cool reception by artists and collecting societies.
11.07.12 @ 09:14
The EU's collecting societies have not adapted to the global shift to the digital age. Instead, music pirates seize the opportunities that the online world offers, writes Michel Barnier, EU commissioner for Internal Market and Services.
04.07.12 @ 16:53
The European Commission is refusing to be drawn on steps made by Internet search-engine Google to avoid an EU fine of up to €3.8 billion.
News in Brief
- Crimea declares independence before referendum@ 09:11
- Merkel talks about Russian 'annexation' of Crimea@ 09:09
- Austria and Luxembourg move on bank secrecy11'th @ 21:39
- Finance ministers try meeting EP half way on banking union11'th @ 21:38
- ECB publishes bank review rulebook11'th @ 21:38
- EU leaders to commemorate outbreak of WWI11'th @ 18:23
- EU summit to call for action on Russian gas11'th @ 15:31
- EU trade deal to save Ukraine €500mn a year11'th @ 15:26
- Labour rules out EU referendum without new treaty@ 10:00
- EU officials seek new powers to protect rule of law@ 09:29
- Boy's death spurs anti-Erdogan feeling in EU parliament@ 09:28
- EU ElectionsAutocratic Wilders preaches against an 'undemocratic' EU@ 09:20
- New EU citizens' appeal targets press freedom11'th @ 21:41
- MEPs vote to pierce secrecy of trusts in anti-money laundering bill11'th @ 18:38
- First part of EU-Ukraine treaty to enter into life in June11'th @ 18:33
- EU ElectionsSix people injured after violence linked to Swedish far-right11'th @ 11:00
- Oxfam: Minding the gender gap in EU overseas aid
- EIPA: Efficiency and Quality of Justice Luxembourg, 27-28 March 2014
- COFACE: and COFACE-Disability on the occasion of International Women’s Day
- Irradiare: EU workshop on biomethane – markets, value chains and applications
- Counter Balance: Take a virtual lobby tour through the heart of the EU
- EMHRN: International Women’s Day: Violence rises, impunity prevails
- EuFoA: Latest paper "EU-Armenia relations: future developments & prospects" published
- Greenpeace: EU energy ministers should get back in the saddle on climate & energy policy
- SUPERHUB: Join us at CeBIT 2014 Hannover the largest fair showcasing IT and telecom solutions
- COFACE: Less than 100 days to go to #EP2014. For more info sign up for #FamiliesVOTE2014