08.03.13 @ 09:29
Industry lobbyists have downgraded EU countries in their world ranking of top performers on cloud computing, as the Union prepares to overhaul its data protection rules.
03.12.12 @ 13:39
23.03.12 @ 17:40
12.04.12 @ 10:07
12.03.12 @ 10:56
06.03.13 @ 17:45
The European Union has hit software giant Microsoft with a €561 million fine in one of the bloc's biggest anti-trust settlements.
27.09.12 @ 10:40
The creative industries and culture sector are a “largely untapped resource” in the European economy, according to a paper released on Wednesday by the European Commission.
05.09.12 @ 09:24
The European Commission is under pressure to keep to its self-imposed September deadline to publish an EU cloud computing strategy, as new evidence revealed widespread public confusion about it.
30.11.12 @ 17:33
The question of copyrights and the music industry was already old and vexed. The digital age, with the advent of millions of songs accessible at the click of a mouse, has added an extra layer.
20.09.12 @ 09:29
Governments and industry should invest €45 billion in cloud computing by 2020 as part of an EU strategy to generate an estimated €900 billion in GDP and an additional 3.8 billion by the end of the decade.
14.08.12 @ 08:49
National governments and the EU should maintain state funding for the arts instead of leaving it to markets, EU culture commissioner Androulla Vassiliou has said.
03.08.12 @ 08:09
French and British regulators have demanded access to all Wi-Fi data collected for Google’s Street View site.
24.07.12 @ 20:07
Plans for tighter EU rules on Internet service providers have been pushed back to 2013 after the European Commission this week launched a public consultation lasting until mid-October.
06.07.12 @ 18:37
Companies using cloud computing services must “guarantee” compliance with EU data rules, according to the EU’s leading data protection watchdog.
04.07.12 @ 19:47
The little-loved anti-counterfeit treaty, Acta, has collapsed after MEPs in the European Parliament vetoed it by an overwhelming majority.
26.07.12 @ 09:32
Search-engine Google is set to avoid fines worth up to $4 billion after the European Commission's competition boss Joaquin Almunia publicly acknowledged that a deal is close.
12.07.12 @ 17:16
Plans to re-write EU rules on music copyright have received a cool reception by artists and collecting societies.
11.07.12 @ 09:14
The EU's collecting societies have not adapted to the global shift to the digital age. Instead, music pirates seize the opportunities that the online world offers, writes Michel Barnier, EU commissioner for Internal Market and Services.
04.07.12 @ 16:53
The European Commission is refusing to be drawn on steps made by Internet search-engine Google to avoid an EU fine of up to €3.8 billion.
News in Brief
- Swiss economy flatlines@ 16:36
- Scotland independence vote narrows@ 08:44
- EU draft report critical of Turkey@ 08:43
- Eurozone manufacturing hits 13-month low@ 08:34
- Greek troika talks in Paris@ 08:32
- Swedish anti-immigrant party set for big gains@ 08:31
- Putin told Barroso he could 'take Kiev in two weeks'1'st @ 18:58
- New EU foreign policy chief criticises Putin1'st @ 18:48
- France wants to create new EU migration post@ 16:34
- Juncker starts interviews for his new commission@ 13:41
- Berlin-Paris tensions re-emerge as ECB ponders stimulus@ 09:29
- New EU appointees speak out against Russia@ 09:24
- Who is Tusk and what does he mean for the EU?1'st @ 18:44
- Cameron faces new EU referendum backlash1'st @ 09:22
- OpinionWhy America is recovering, but Europe is not - Part II1'st @ 09:17
- EU expert groups dominated by corporate interest, say NGOs1'st @ 09:09
- Counter Balance: Azerbaijan political prisoners list published with reports authors on it
- Centre Maurits Coppieters: Dinner-debate on Iraq’s Kurdistan and prospects for Peace
- EUA: EU 2015 Budget negotiations: EUA warns against making cuts to research payments
- EPSU: New Commission must end corporate dominance of EU expert groups
- Martens Centre: Register now for the event “A Changing Eastern Neighbourhood”
- Martens Centre: Register now for event on 9 Sept: Banking and Monetary Union 2014-2019
- EuFoA: Tension rises in Nagorno-Karabakh as ceasefire negotiations are underway
- ACCA: Supports a coherent EU Single Market as to the balance of competences in the UK
- EIPA: Preparing for New EPSO Competitions: Luxembourg, 08 September 2014
- EIPA: Tools for Implementation of EU Policies at National Level. Luxembourg, 22-25/ 09/ 2014