08.03.13 @ 09:29
Industry lobbyists have downgraded EU countries in their world ranking of top performers on cloud computing, as the Union prepares to overhaul its data protection rules.
03.12.12 @ 13:39
23.03.12 @ 17:40
12.04.12 @ 10:07
12.03.12 @ 10:56
06.03.13 @ 17:45
The European Union has hit software giant Microsoft with a €561 million fine in one of the bloc's biggest anti-trust settlements.
27.09.12 @ 10:40
The creative industries and culture sector are a “largely untapped resource” in the European economy, according to a paper released on Wednesday by the European Commission.
05.09.12 @ 09:24
The European Commission is under pressure to keep to its self-imposed September deadline to publish an EU cloud computing strategy, as new evidence revealed widespread public confusion about it.
30.11.12 @ 17:33
The question of copyrights and the music industry was already old and vexed. The digital age, with the advent of millions of songs accessible at the click of a mouse, has added an extra layer.
20.09.12 @ 09:29
Governments and industry should invest €45 billion in cloud computing by 2020 as part of an EU strategy to generate an estimated €900 billion in GDP and an additional 3.8 billion by the end of the decade.
14.08.12 @ 08:49
National governments and the EU should maintain state funding for the arts instead of leaving it to markets, EU culture commissioner Androulla Vassiliou has said.
03.08.12 @ 08:09
French and British regulators have demanded access to all Wi-Fi data collected for Google’s Street View site.
24.07.12 @ 20:07
Plans for tighter EU rules on Internet service providers have been pushed back to 2013 after the European Commission this week launched a public consultation lasting until mid-October.
06.07.12 @ 18:37
Companies using cloud computing services must “guarantee” compliance with EU data rules, according to the EU’s leading data protection watchdog.
04.07.12 @ 19:47
The little-loved anti-counterfeit treaty, Acta, has collapsed after MEPs in the European Parliament vetoed it by an overwhelming majority.
26.07.12 @ 09:32
Search-engine Google is set to avoid fines worth up to $4 billion after the European Commission's competition boss Joaquin Almunia publicly acknowledged that a deal is close.
12.07.12 @ 17:16
Plans to re-write EU rules on music copyright have received a cool reception by artists and collecting societies.
11.07.12 @ 09:14
The EU's collecting societies have not adapted to the global shift to the digital age. Instead, music pirates seize the opportunities that the online world offers, writes Michel Barnier, EU commissioner for Internal Market and Services.
04.07.12 @ 16:53
The European Commission is refusing to be drawn on steps made by Internet search-engine Google to avoid an EU fine of up to €3.8 billion.
News in Brief
- EU and Ukrainian parliaments ratify treaty16'th @ 12:38
- Italy has rescued 23,000 migrants in territorial waters since October16'th @ 11:47
- Van Rompuy to take up teaching post16'th @ 09:18
- Nobel prize winner: Putin makes me sick16'th @ 09:17
- Kiev offers special status to eastern regions16'th @ 09:03
- Pro-EU Ukrainians outraged by trade deal delay16'th @ 09:01
- London leaders in last-minute pledge to Scotland16'th @ 09:00
- Boost for anti-IS coalition at French meeting15'th @ 17:41
- Ukraine gives rebels 'special status', ratifies EU treaty16'th @ 15:22
- EU struggling to cope with Russia food ban16'th @ 13:26
- OpinionThe road ahead for an independent Scotland16'th @ 12:43
- Big and small MEPs jostle in EU parliament16'th @ 09:29
- EU urges stronger Ebola response from member states16'th @ 09:26
- Nato describes Russia and Islamic State as main threats15'th @ 16:02
- Sweden swings to left, far-right party surges to third place15'th @ 10:55
- MEPs threaten budget suspension over transparency15'th @ 09:29
- EBF: Tax Conference to review G20 talks on Automatic Exchange
- EuFoA: Basque Parliament recognizes Nagorno-Karabakh self-determination
- Europeche: EU fishing sector demands responsible and committed future Commissioner
- Eurocommerce: ECJ judgment on MasterCard: a great victory for EU consumers & retailers
- ACCA: The new Commission has the right credentials for the challenges faced by the EU
- Counter Balance: What perspectives on the Project Bond Initiative
- EBF: EBF statement on the Juncker Commission
- Counter Balance: Corporate interest on way to win over the EU banks transparency policy
- EBF: European banks – EBF statement on financial transaction tax
- DIESIS: COMETA Final Conference: 18/09, Brussels: discover the project’s results and tools