25.10.12 @ 10:54
For cash-strapped EU member states, spending on culture is not a priority. Yet the sector drives economic growth and employs millions of people across the European Union. EUobserver looks at the issues.
01.11.12 @ 13:20
The EU commission has said Poland's prosecution of a rock group on grounds of "blasphemy" is out of tune with European values.
12.11.12 @ 10:26
30.11.12 @ 17:33
25.10.12 @ 10:56
30.10.12 @ 08:49
In general in Europe, those in the north are more culturally savvy than those in the south, if statistics are anything to go by. But there are some outliers.
25.10.12 @ 10:56
In early 2012, Pablo Lag stood in front of an abandoned, half-constructed house in Alicante and kicked in the door. Inside, he began work on an art exhibition “to make people in the world know what is happening in Spain.”
25.10.12 @ 10:52
The EU culture budget is a fraction of what member states spend. But its proposed increase is unlikely to emerge unscathed from budget talks.
News in Brief
- Dutch to send unarmed police to monitor crash site@ 09:29
- Boat migrant death toll around 800@ 09:28
- US says Russia fired artillery into Ukraine@ 09:27
- France tops Google "right to be forgotten" requests@ 09:27
- Ireland named in Obama attack on US firms' tax policies@ 09:26
- Ireland in talks on repaying IMF loans early@ 09:26
- Ukraine PM resigns24'th @ 18:22
- Former Moldova envoy to lead EU civilian mission to Ukraine24'th @ 15:38
- German, Dutch firms ready to take hit from Russia sanctions@ 09:25
- EU blacklists more Russians, prepares economic sanctions24'th @ 20:55
- Court rules Poland complicit in CIA renditions24'th @ 16:28
- OpinionAnti-Roma prejudice rampant in state child protection services24'th @ 14:36
- EU readies new sanctions on defiant Russia24'th @ 09:25
- Scrapped EU surveillance law throws doubt on US data agreements24'th @ 08:47
- Russia angst sees EU energy efficiency targets watered down23'rd @ 17:26
- Rome continues to push Italian FM to replace Ashton23'rd @ 16:02
- EEAS: Statement on the downing of Malaysia Airlines flight. In memoriam of Pim de Kuijer
- IFSBH: Join our new initiative: People United for Spina Bifida and Hydrocephalus!
- ACCA: Supports a coherent EU Single Market as to the balance of competences in the UK
- EIPA: Preparing for New EPSO Competitions: Luxembourg, 08 September 2014
- EIPA: Tools for Implementation of EU Policies at National Level. Luxembourg, 22-25/ 09/ 2014
- EPHA: 5th Annual Conference 4-5 September 2014, Brussels | Register before 31st July
- Centre Maurits Coppieters: Launches a new youtube channel
- ACCA: Implementing the New European Accounting Directive: Making the right choices
- UNESDA: Impact of food taxes on public health inconclusive and contradictory as per EC study
- European Federalist Party: Juncker is the 1st elected European Commission President