25.10.12 @ 10:54
For cash-strapped EU member states, spending on culture is not a priority. Yet the sector drives economic growth and employs millions of people across the European Union. EUobserver looks at the issues.
01.11.12 @ 13:20
The EU commission has said Poland's prosecution of a rock group on grounds of "blasphemy" is out of tune with European values.
12.11.12 @ 10:26
30.11.12 @ 17:33
25.10.12 @ 10:56
30.10.12 @ 08:49
In general in Europe, those in the north are more culturally savvy than those in the south, if statistics are anything to go by. But there are some outliers.
25.10.12 @ 10:56
In early 2012, Pablo Lag stood in front of an abandoned, half-constructed house in Alicante and kicked in the door. Inside, he began work on an art exhibition “to make people in the world know what is happening in Spain.”
25.10.12 @ 10:52
The EU culture budget is a fraction of what member states spend. But its proposed increase is unlikely to emerge unscathed from budget talks.
News in Brief
- EU jobs summit cancelled@ 16:15
- Property markets boom in Estonia, Ireland and UK@ 15:11
- Belgium may get first female prime minister@ 08:46
- French government wins confidence vote@ 08:45
- Spain's commissioner candidate sells oil shares@ 08:45
- EU welcomes migrant tragedy investigation@ 08:44
- European Ombudsman to be elected in January@ 08:43
- EU and Ukrainian parliaments ratify treaty16'th @ 12:38
- EP gears itself up for hearings of new commissioners@ 17:04
- FeatureScotland prepares for life after referendum@ 09:57
- Most Malta boat victims were Gaza refugees@ 09:26
- FocusUS and UK universities top world rankings@ 09:20
- Ukraine gives rebels 'special status', ratifies EU treaty16'th @ 15:22
- EU struggling to cope with Russia food ban16'th @ 13:26
- OpinionThe road ahead for an independent Scotland16'th @ 12:43
- Big and small MEPs jostle in EU parliament16'th @ 09:29
- CESI: Event: Working Time Directive – new term, new impetus? 25 September 2014, 1pm-3pm
- Martens Centre: Economic Ideas Forum 2014, 16-17 Oct in Bratislava, register now!
- EBF: Tax Conference to review G20 talks on Automatic Exchange
- EuFoA: Basque Parliament recognizes Nagorno-Karabakh self-determination
- Europeche: EU fishing sector demands responsible and committed future Commissioner
- Eurocommerce: ECJ judgment on MasterCard: a great victory for EU consumers & retailers
- ACCA: The new Commission has the right credentials for the challenges faced by the EU
- Counter Balance: What perspectives on the Project Bond Initiative
- EBF: EBF statement on the Juncker Commission
- Counter Balance: Corporate interest on way to win over the EU banks transparency policy