25.10.12 @ 10:54
For cash-strapped EU member states, spending on culture is not a priority. Yet the sector drives economic growth and employs millions of people across the European Union. EUobserver looks at the issues.
01.11.12 @ 13:20
The EU commission has said Poland's prosecution of a rock group on grounds of "blasphemy" is out of tune with European values.
12.11.12 @ 10:26
30.11.12 @ 17:33
25.10.12 @ 10:56
30.10.12 @ 08:49
In general in Europe, those in the north are more culturally savvy than those in the south, if statistics are anything to go by. But there are some outliers.
25.10.12 @ 10:56
In early 2012, Pablo Lag stood in front of an abandoned, half-constructed house in Alicante and kicked in the door. Inside, he began work on an art exhibition “to make people in the world know what is happening in Spain.”
25.10.12 @ 10:52
The EU culture budget is a fraction of what member states spend. But its proposed increase is unlikely to emerge unscathed from budget talks.
News in Brief
- Ice-cold relations inside the ECB: report@ 09:01
- Soros: EU has lost its way@ 09:00
- European bank stress tests to reveal small problems: report@ 08:59
- Beer and wine fuelled EU climate deal@ 08:57
- No comment from Barroso on extra €2 billion from UK@ 03:32
- Van Rompuy: EU deal reached on climate targets@ 01:08
- Poorer EU states to get pollution permits until 2030@ 01:00
- EU money to pay for Baltic, Iberian electricity connectors@ 00:53
- Cameron slapped with new €2bn EU bill@ 09:47
- Cyprus seeks harsh EU statement on Turkey@ 09:29
- Renzi stirs up EU row ahead of eurozone meeting@ 09:27
- EU leaders reach 2030 deal on climate and energy@ 03:59
- Merkel criticises Putin for broken promise on Ukraine@ 03:59
- Putin's pipeline drives wedge between EU and Balkan hopefuls@ 00:37
- EU leaders mull climate u-turn if international talks fail23'rd @ 21:41
- Barroso clashes with Italy over published budget warning23'rd @ 15:32
How can the rules for collective management of copyrights be adapted to the age of digital music? This was the key question at the EUobserver conference on E-Culture and collective management of creative rights.
- EN.DELFI: How Russia wages hybrid energy war against Lithuania
- Oxfam: Europe must review climate targets after weak climate package deal
- Red Cross: A humanitarian approach within the EU Migration Agenda: 20 November @ EESC
- Counter Balance: Thousands urge the EU Commission to ditch biodiversity offsetting
- Oxfam: Bolder EU response needed to help stop Ebola spiralling out of control
- CESI: Ebola requires action: CESI demands full protection of healthcare workers at risk
- EGBA: Want to know how the EU online betting industry fights match-fixing?
- Access Now: Commissioners hearings: The many faces of Digital in the new Commission
- CESI: Taxation at the heart of the crisis, CESI Europe Academy discusses #TaxinEU
- EPSU: Ebola outbreak in West Africa - Health Workers in the frontline need our support