25.10.12 @ 10:54
For cash-strapped EU member states, spending on culture is not a priority. Yet the sector drives economic growth and employs millions of people across the European Union. EUobserver looks at the issues.
01.11.12 @ 13:20
The EU commission has said Poland's prosecution of a rock group on grounds of "blasphemy" is out of tune with European values.
12.11.12 @ 10:26
30.11.12 @ 17:33
25.10.12 @ 10:56
30.10.12 @ 08:49
In general in Europe, those in the north are more culturally savvy than those in the south, if statistics are anything to go by. But there are some outliers.
25.10.12 @ 10:56
In early 2012, Pablo Lag stood in front of an abandoned, half-constructed house in Alicante and kicked in the door. Inside, he began work on an art exhibition “to make people in the world know what is happening in Spain.”
25.10.12 @ 10:52
The EU culture budget is a fraction of what member states spend. But its proposed increase is unlikely to emerge unscathed from budget talks.
News in Brief
- Lithuanian TV reluctant to show LGBT rights ad@ 09:17
- Italy approves arming Kurds, as Renzi visits Iraq@ 09:16
- Germany ready to arm Iraqi Kurds@ 09:15
- North Sea oil disputed in Scottish referendum campaign@ 09:14
- Galileo launches two more satellites@ 09:14
- Ukrainian parliament to ratify EU deal in September@ 08:08
- Commission to decide on Polish WTO claim in 'coming weeks'20'th @ 17:43
- Russian food ban could cost EU €6.7bn, ING forecasts20'th @ 14:10
- Scottish EU membership 'not in serious doubt'@ 09:28
- Russia relaxes EU food ban, counts costs@ 09:27
- Poland demands WTO challenge over Russia food ban20'th @ 07:45
- Tobacco lobbying warped EU law, British scientists 'prove'20'th @ 07:37
- EU justice chief criticises Google on 'right to be forgotten'19'th @ 09:30
- Merkel sets limits to Nato solidarity with Baltic states19'th @ 09:21
- AnalysisWhat the leaked EU-Canada trade paper means for TTIP18'th @ 17:47
- EU sets aside €125mn to stabilise food prices18'th @ 17:29
- EuFoA: Tension rises in Nagorno-Karabakh as ceasefire negotiations are underway
- EEAS: Statement on the downing of Malaysia Airlines flight. In memoriam of Pim de Kuijer
- IFSBH: Join our new initiative: People United for Spina Bifida and Hydrocephalus!
- ACCA: Supports a coherent EU Single Market as to the balance of competences in the UK
- EIPA: Preparing for New EPSO Competitions: Luxembourg, 08 September 2014
- EIPA: Tools for Implementation of EU Policies at National Level. Luxembourg, 22-25/ 09/ 2014
- EPHA: 5th Annual Conference 4-5 September 2014, Brussels
- Centre Maurits Coppieters: Launches a new youtube channel
- ACCA: Implementing the New European Accounting Directive: Making the right choices
- UNESDA: Impact of food taxes on public health inconclusive and contradictory as per EC study