25.10.12 @ 10:54
For cash-strapped EU member states, spending on culture is not a priority. Yet the sector drives economic growth and employs millions of people across the European Union. EUobserver looks at the issues.
01.11.12 @ 13:20
The EU commission has said Poland's prosecution of a rock group on grounds of "blasphemy" is out of tune with European values.
12.11.12 @ 10:26
30.11.12 @ 17:33
25.10.12 @ 10:56
30.10.12 @ 08:49
In general in Europe, those in the north are more culturally savvy than those in the south, if statistics are anything to go by. But there are some outliers.
25.10.12 @ 10:56
In early 2012, Pablo Lag stood in front of an abandoned, half-constructed house in Alicante and kicked in the door. Inside, he began work on an art exhibition “to make people in the world know what is happening in Spain.”
25.10.12 @ 10:52
The EU culture budget is a fraction of what member states spend. But its proposed increase is unlikely to emerge unscathed from budget talks.
News in Brief
- Report: EU mission in Kosovo passed information to Serbian spies@ 13:16
- Orban retreats from internet tax plan after protests@ 09:34
- New 'double majority' voting rules come into force@ 09:21
- EU in massive cybersecurity exercise@ 09:10
- IMF warns Greece on early bailout exit@ 08:47
- Spain introduces 'Google tax'@ 08:46
- German unemployment drops despite export problems@ 08:39
- Romanian PM frontrunner in presidential elections@ 08:38
- OpinionJailing Iran’s Internet, one user at a time@ 10:55
- 'No one to stay cold', as Russia and Ukraine clinch winter gas deal@ 09:29
- EU promotes consumption of meat and milk@ 09:27
- InvestigationEurope’s tax haven investments in Africa@ 08:22
- OpinionIn the ‘New’ Turkey, corruption is a thing of the past!@ 08:20
- Barroso, Rehn 'unfairly criticised' for eurozone austerity@ 08:03
- EU mission in Kosovo rocked by corruption allegations30'th @ 19:27
- Oettinger stirs controversy ahead of new role as digital commissioner30'th @ 18:29
How can the rules for collective management of copyrights be adapted to the age of digital music? This was the key question at the EUobserver conference on E-Culture and collective management of creative rights.
- EN.DELFI: Editor: Our readers understand that Russia is not joking
- European Jewish Congress: Sweden recognition of Palestinian State adds fuel to Middle East
- EFA: Catalonia decides on 9N ! Support EFA campaign for democracy and freedom.
- EIPA: European Union Civil Service Law, Brussels, 27-28 November 2014
- Xinhua News Agency: Winners of the WMS Global Awards for Excellence announced
- EGBA: Want to know how the EU online betting industry fights match-fixing?
- Martens Centre: Has Euromaidan Transformed the Ukrainian Political Landscape? Register now!
- EN.DELFI: Floating LNG terminal "Independence" sails into Lithuania