25.10.12 @ 10:54
For cash-strapped EU member states, spending on culture is not a priority. Yet the sector drives economic growth and employs millions of people across the European Union. EUobserver looks at the issues.
01.11.12 @ 13:20
The EU commission has said Poland's prosecution of a rock group on grounds of "blasphemy" is out of tune with European values.
12.11.12 @ 10:26
30.11.12 @ 17:33
25.10.12 @ 10:56
30.10.12 @ 08:49
In general in Europe, those in the north are more culturally savvy than those in the south, if statistics are anything to go by. But there are some outliers.
25.10.12 @ 10:56
In early 2012, Pablo Lag stood in front of an abandoned, half-constructed house in Alicante and kicked in the door. Inside, he began work on an art exhibition “to make people in the world know what is happening in Spain.”
25.10.12 @ 10:52
The EU culture budget is a fraction of what member states spend. But its proposed increase is unlikely to emerge unscathed from budget talks.
News in Brief
- Report: Poland nominates Sikorski for EU commission@ 21:54
- Human rights court fines Russia €1.8bn@ 10:37
- Sweden nominates Malmstrom for commissioner post@ 10:36
- Nato unprepared for Russia threat@ 09:13
- Juncker considers creating financial services post@ 09:13
- Portuguese bank reports €3.6bn loss@ 09:13
- Hungary nominates foreign minister for commissioner post30'th @ 19:22
- Nato: Over 12,000 Russian troops on Ukraine border30'th @ 18:30
- EU hits Russia's largest banks, imposes arms embargo@ 22:18
- Russia ordered to pay €1.8bn by human rights court@ 17:22
- New EU commission risks delay over gender issue@ 15:25
- Israeli attack on school in Gaza is 'outrageous', says UN@ 09:30
- Russia threatens Europe with higher energy prices@ 09:04
- EU blacklists three Putin 'cronies'30'th @ 21:59
- Ebola risk in Europe 'extremely low'30'th @ 19:17
- US joins EU on Russia economic sanctions30'th @ 09:28
- EEAS: Statement on the downing of Malaysia Airlines flight. In memoriam of Pim de Kuijer
- IFSBH: Join our new initiative: People United for Spina Bifida and Hydrocephalus!
- ACCA: Supports a coherent EU Single Market as to the balance of competences in the UK
- EIPA: Preparing for New EPSO Competitions: Luxembourg, 08 September 2014
- EIPA: Tools for Implementation of EU Policies at National Level. Luxembourg, 22-25/ 09/ 2014
- EPHA: 5th Annual Conference 4-5 September 2014, Brussels | Register before 31st July
- Centre Maurits Coppieters: Launches a new youtube channel
- ACCA: Implementing the New European Accounting Directive: Making the right choices
- UNESDA: Impact of food taxes on public health inconclusive and contradictory as per EC study
- European Federalist Party: Juncker is the 1st elected European Commission President