25.10.12 @ 10:54
For cash-strapped EU member states, spending on culture is not a priority. Yet the sector drives economic growth and employs millions of people across the European Union. EUobserver looks at the issues.
12.11.12 @ 10:26
30.11.12 @ 17:33
25.10.12 @ 10:56
01.11.12 @ 13:20
The EU commission has said Poland's prosecution of a rock group on grounds of "blasphemy" is out of tune with European values.
25.10.12 @ 10:52
The EU culture budget is a fraction of what member states spend. But its proposed increase is unlikely to emerge unscathed from budget talks.
30.10.12 @ 08:49
In general in Europe, those in the north are more culturally savvy than those in the south, if statistics are anything to go by. But there are some outliers.
25.10.12 @ 10:56
In early 2012, Pablo Lag stood in front of an abandoned, half-constructed house in Alicante and kicked in the door. Inside, he began work on an art exhibition “to make people in the world know what is happening in Spain.”
News in Brief
- Police moving against protesters in Kiev
- Estonia and Finland in first-ever digital treaty 'signature'
- Reding to boycott Olympic games in Russia
- Dutch cities to be tough on Romanian and Bulgarian workers
- Malta may limit number of EU passports for sale
- Irish banks not to be granted retroactive recapitalisation
- EU 'negligent' over US data scandal says Deustche Telekom boss
- Gazprom to present anti-trust offer this week: Almunia
- Putin dissolves state news agency
- EU lifts restrictions on electronic devices on planes
- Fresh corruption scandal engulfs Deutsche Bank@ 09:29
- Member states agree reforms on foreign worker rules@ 09:25
- Ashton in two-day visit to Ukraine9'th @ 15:03
- AnalysisWorld trade deal expected to boost EU nations9'th @ 10:32
- AgendaBanking union tops agenda for ministers this WEEK9'th @ 09:29
- Merkel denies pressuring Spain on bailout6'th @ 18:28
- EU data protection bill 'moves backwards'6'th @ 17:57
- Snowden to make video appearance at EU parliament6'th @ 16:35
- Ukraine and Bulgaria show power of EU model6'th @ 11:48
- France goes to war in Africa to 'save lives'6'th @ 09:29
- EIPA: Seminar: EU Law for Non-Lawyers, Luxembourg, 24-26/02/14
- EIPA: Seminar: EU Environmental Law for Non-Lawyers, Luxembourg, 30-31/01/14
- EFA: Book on Minimum Standards of Care for COPD patients in the EU
- Counter Balance: Natural Capital: a fairytale with an unhappy ending
- Oxfam: Leaked EU document proves financial transaction tax is legal
- Birdlife: Wind farms: new report shows how to reduce environmental impact
- EMHRN: Israel’s Culture of Impunity: Nothing Less than Accountability!
- ECPA: Crop diversity, food safety and food security under threat in Europe
- EPF: Press conference on cross-border healthcare and patients' rights
- ACCA: Improved transparency in auditor reporting - making it a reality in the EU
How can the rules for collective management of copyrights be adapted to the age of digital music? This was the key question at the EUobserver conference on E-Culture and collective management of creative rights.
- After Vilnius: tough year aheadNeighbourhood
- What happened to the EU2020 strategy?Progressive Change
- This is a very dead horse - stop floggingAnother Look
- Facebook isn't our friendExposing Corporate Europe
- Moscow Never SleepsBelarus Reloaded
- The trouble with Europe’s big thinking? Europe’s big states.Super Commuter
- Don´t take their word for itAnother Look
- Eurasian Union's problem with Russian nationalismNeighbourhood
- COP 19: Walking about Warsaw in circlesGlobal challenges
- Does UKIP now have the cash to cause an earthquake?The Fox Edition