25.10.12 @ 10:54
For cash-strapped EU member states, spending on culture is not a priority. Yet the sector drives economic growth and employs millions of people across the European Union. EUobserver looks at the issues.
01.11.12 @ 13:20
The EU commission has said Poland's prosecution of a rock group on grounds of "blasphemy" is out of tune with European values.
12.11.12 @ 10:26
30.11.12 @ 17:33
25.10.12 @ 10:56
30.10.12 @ 08:49
In general in Europe, those in the north are more culturally savvy than those in the south, if statistics are anything to go by. But there are some outliers.
25.10.12 @ 10:56
In early 2012, Pablo Lag stood in front of an abandoned, half-constructed house in Alicante and kicked in the door. Inside, he began work on an art exhibition “to make people in the world know what is happening in Spain.”
25.10.12 @ 10:52
The EU culture budget is a fraction of what member states spend. But its proposed increase is unlikely to emerge unscathed from budget talks.
News in Brief
- Ukraine and Russia agree winter gas supplies@ 08:59
- Swedish military searching for Russian submarine@ 08:58
- Football clashes delay historic Albanian visit to Serbia@ 08:56
- Luxembourg to distribute iodine pills after French nuclear plant accidents@ 08:56
- Zagreb mayor arrested over corruption charges@ 08:51
- 'Roma Pride' parades end in Hungary@ 08:16
- Russia warns of 'significant risk' on EU gas supplies17'th @ 09:37
- Bank of England deputy slams EU bonus rules17'th @ 09:37
- Belgium's main airport starts Ebola screening@ 09:29
- What are the EU climate talks about?@ 09:28
- Barroso draws EU red lines in UK speech@ 09:28
- EU counts tens of thousands human trafficking victims@ 09:27
- AgendaEU summit at risk of Belgian police strike This WEEK17'th @ 20:04
- Putin makes nice on Ukraine at EU-Russia mini-summit17'th @ 19:55
- EUobservedSchadenfreude and fire-walking in the EP17'th @ 17:29
- EU states to step up Ebola screening in west Africa17'th @ 09:30
- Oxfam: EU needs to do more to stop the spread of Ebola
- EPSU: Ebola outbreak in West Africa - Health Workers in the frontline need our support
- EuFoA: First Nagorno-Karabakh Group announced in the European Parliament
- Oxfam: Four solutions to economic inequality
- Swedish Enterprises: Transatlantic Trade and Investment Partnership – what, how and why?
- Red Cross: Recovery projects fail if ignore how people relate to risk, warns Red Crescent Report
- World Vision: Report challenges traditional thinking on Food Aid
- EPSU: Welcomes new EU rules on automatic tax information exchange but who will use them?
- EUROFER: Open letter by 60 CEOs of steel industry to the Heads of State & government
- MEP Emma McClarkin: Need for enhanced cooperation to fight match-fixing