08.09.14 @ 09:29
Romanian president Basescu has said Nato has a contingency plan for the "0.01 percent" chance that Russia will one day attack his country.
11.09.14 @ 08:39
29.08.14 @ 15:00
07.09.14 @ 12:41
Six EU countries have joined a US-led coalition to “degrade and destroy” the Islamic State in Iraq and Syria.
04.09.14 @ 22:54
Poland has confirmed there will be no new Nato bases in eastern Europe to deter Russian aggression.
29.08.14 @ 09:30
Germany, France, and Italy have indicated they are willing to impose extra sanctions on Russia due to its “invasion” of Ukraine.
05.09.14 @ 16:36
Nato leaders have indicated the alliance will not take in any aspirant states until late next year.
04.09.14 @ 07:45
France has frozen its delivery of a warship to Russia, as Nato leaders meet in the UK for a summit to discuss the Russia-Ukraine war.
11.08.14 @ 09:19
The shooting down of the Malaysian Airlines flight reinforces the point that the security of citizens outside state borders is to be framed as a central issue in 21st century security policy.
07.07.14 @ 09:30
Most of the EU’s top arms exporters have imposed a quiet ban on sales to Russia, but Ukraine’s military embargo could have a bigger impact on the crisis.
04.06.14 @ 16:37
US leader Barack Obama has promised to defend Poland and other Nato allies against potential Russian aggression.
16.04.14 @ 09:29
Military chiefs have said the Ukraine crisis is a “wake-up call” for EU countries’ defence spending, as the US backed Ukraine’s use of force in eastern regions.
11.03.14 @ 08:36
France, Germany, Italy and other EU states should stop selling high-end military technology to Russia in light of the Ukraine crisis.
25.06.14 @ 09:29
The European Commission has laid out plans on how to boost the EU's military and defence industries.
20.05.14 @ 09:08
Nato chief Fogh Rasmussen has said Russia’s "outrageous" partition of Ukraine has created “a completely new security situation in Europe.”
28.03.14 @ 17:24
Nato countries on Friday agreed that former Norwegian Prime Minister Jens Stoltenberg should be the next secretary general of the military alliance.
04.03.14 @ 19:09
Nato head Rasmussen has shown sympathy for Polish and Baltic states’ fears of Russia’s aggressive posture in Ukraine and beyond.
News in Brief
- Greece can exit bailout, self-finance in 2015, says PM@ 17:55
- Ombudsman urges better supervision of senior EU officials@ 10:30
- Poland buys missiles from US amid Russia tensions@ 09:13
- EU agrees to state aid for new British nuclear plant@ 09:12
- S&P faces trial in Italy over financial manipulation@ 09:11
- Four million to study under new Erasmus programme22'nd @ 17:53
- French PM briefs Merkel on reforms22'nd @ 14:26
- EU commission says did not receive threat alert22'nd @ 12:35
- Ombudsman vows 'robust' action against EU secrecy@ 17:46
- OpinionCameron's logic calls for eurozone democracy@ 15:23
- FocusErasmus students find love and jobs, EU research finds@ 15:07
- OpinionRussia sanctions and the EU: What went wrong?@ 09:07
- OpinionThe rollback of transparency@ 09:07
- ECB ready to use more 'unconventional tools' to spur economy22'nd @ 18:07
- AnalysisFailure to launch: Is the ECB's tool-kit empty?22'nd @ 18:02
- FocusChronic Diseases22'nd @ 17:01
- EBF: Tax Conference reviews complexities of Common Reporting Standard
- Centre Maurits Coppieters: Conference on the Right to Decide: Catalonia, Scotland and beyond
- Centre Maurits Coppieters: Launches new study on Paradiplomacy
- EUFORES: Inter-Parliamentary Meeting on Renewable Energy: 10 -11 October, Lisbon
- EBF: European banks and Europol join forces to fight cybercrime
- MEP Dita Charanzová: Hearing on EU-Russia Sanctions: a new Trade Policy? 24/09, 13h.
- EMHRN: UN Commission on Syria recognises dangers facing human rights defenders
- EU-ASE: Business leaders push the Danish Government for ambitious energy savings
- Oxfam: Back to school
- CESI: Event: Working Time Directive – new term, new impetus? 25 September 2014, 1pm-3pm