16.04.14 @ 09:29
Military chiefs have said the Ukraine crisis is a “wake-up call” for EU countries’ defence spending, as the US backed Ukraine’s use of force in eastern regions.
28.03.14 @ 17:24
Nato countries on Friday agreed that former Norwegian Prime Minister Jens Stoltenberg should be the next secretary general of the military alliance.
04.03.14 @ 19:09
Nato head Rasmussen has shown sympathy for Polish and Baltic states’ fears of Russia’s aggressive posture in Ukraine and beyond.
20.01.14 @ 16:21
EU countries have agreed to send soldiers to CAR, but the type of operation foreseen could spell the end of EU "battlegroups."
11.03.14 @ 08:36
France, Germany, Italy and other EU states should stop selling high-end military technology to Russia in light of the Ukraine crisis.
12.02.14 @ 18:33
EU defence firms have received hundreds of millions in EU research grants for work on drones, despite rules against funding of military projects.
09.01.14 @ 09:28
EU states will Friday discuss sending up to 1,000 soldiers to the Central African Republic to help France.
20.12.13 @ 10:28
EU countries have agreed to "deepen defence co-operation," but France, Germany and the UK disagree on how to do it.
22.10.13 @ 18:03
EU foreign affairs chief Ashton says EU countries should use military-grade drones for border surveillance, but legal and technical glitches stand in the way.
14.10.13 @ 09:22
Hybrid aerial surveillance drones are being considered by the EU border agency Frontex for future operations with member states.
19.09.13 @ 09:11
Britain is forging ahead on military co-operation with France, while warning about EU "interference" on defence.
20.11.13 @ 09:29
Seven EU countries have formed what France calls a "club" to produce military drones from 2020 onward.
15.10.13 @ 11:06
Nato is to hold large-scale war games on Russia's border shortly before the EU plans to take away a former Soviet jewel: Ukraine.
19.09.13 @ 09:27
Nato chief Rasmussen wants EU countries to buy more surveillance drones, refuelling planes and naval radars.
04.09.13 @ 09:56
Europe should create a civilian and military crisis operations HQ under EU command, according to a report by centre-right MEPs.
News in Brief
- Poll puts France's National Front in lead for EU elections@ 09:16
- EU hails Fatah-Hamas deal@ 09:15
- France's centre-right wants EU migration commissioner@ 09:15
- German weapons exports to Russia on hold@ 09:14
- Draghi backs more transparency in ECB@ 09:13
- Grillo movement closes in on Italian PM's party: poll24'th @ 11:06
- Scottish choice of monetary system crucial, says ratings agency24'th @ 09:37
- Russia invites EU for gas talks24'th @ 09:17
- Danes the happiest EU workers, survey finds@ 09:34
- Tensions in Ukraine flare as EU calls for groups to lay down weapons@ 09:28
- EU ElectionsFirst Roma restaurant opens in Slovenia@ 09:06
- Complex rules make EU vulnerable to corruption, says report24'th @ 10:56
- EU ElectionsAnti-euro talk spreads in Italy24'th @ 09:28
- Turkish PM offers 'condolences' to Armenia over WWI killings24'th @ 09:12
- Greek records first surplus as EU moves closer to balanced budgets23'rd @ 17:38
- OpinionEU and Ukraine: too busy to protect gay rights?23'rd @ 14:14
- IrRADIARE: Energaia launches a sustainability observatory @ the EU Sustainable Energy Week
- EIUC: Venice School of Human Rights 2014, apply here
- Veneto Region: The European future of the Italian port system - Presentation of the book
- Transparency International: Report on corruption risks in the EU institutions
- TNS Opinion: David Cameron takes the lead on Twitter
- ACCA: European Parliament backs non financial reporting deals
- CESI: TTIP: Fears of the Unknown, Registration for CESI@noon lunch debate on Mon 28th April
- ThinkYoung: We want to listen your opinion on youth unemployment & skills mismatch
- EIPA: Summer School on EU law & its Implementation, Luxembourg, 30/06 until 11/07
- EIPA: The Infringement Procedure under Articles 258 & 260 TFEU - Luxembourg 19-20/06/14