07.07.14 @ 09:30
Most of the EU’s top arms exporters have imposed a quiet ban on sales to Russia, but Ukraine’s military embargo could have a bigger impact on the crisis.
25.06.14 @ 09:29
The European Commission has laid out plans on how to boost the EU's military and defence industries.
20.05.14 @ 09:08
Nato chief Fogh Rasmussen has said Russia’s "outrageous" partition of Ukraine has created “a completely new security situation in Europe.”
28.03.14 @ 17:24
Nato countries on Friday agreed that former Norwegian Prime Minister Jens Stoltenberg should be the next secretary general of the military alliance.
04.06.14 @ 16:37
US leader Barack Obama has promised to defend Poland and other Nato allies against potential Russian aggression.
16.04.14 @ 09:29
Military chiefs have said the Ukraine crisis is a “wake-up call” for EU countries’ defence spending, as the US backed Ukraine’s use of force in eastern regions.
11.03.14 @ 08:36
France, Germany, Italy and other EU states should stop selling high-end military technology to Russia in light of the Ukraine crisis.
04.03.14 @ 19:09
Nato head Rasmussen has shown sympathy for Polish and Baltic states’ fears of Russia’s aggressive posture in Ukraine and beyond.
20.01.14 @ 16:21
EU countries have agreed to send soldiers to CAR, but the type of operation foreseen could spell the end of EU "battlegroups."
20.12.13 @ 10:28
EU countries have agreed to "deepen defence co-operation," but France, Germany and the UK disagree on how to do it.
22.10.13 @ 18:03
EU foreign affairs chief Ashton says EU countries should use military-grade drones for border surveillance, but legal and technical glitches stand in the way.
12.02.14 @ 18:33
EU defence firms have received hundreds of millions in EU research grants for work on drones, despite rules against funding of military projects.
09.01.14 @ 09:28
EU states will Friday discuss sending up to 1,000 soldiers to the Central African Republic to help France.
20.11.13 @ 09:29
Seven EU countries have formed what France calls a "club" to produce military drones from 2020 onward.
15.10.13 @ 11:06
Nato is to hold large-scale war games on Russia's border shortly before the EU plans to take away a former Soviet jewel: Ukraine.
News in Brief
- Human rights court fines Russia €1.8bn@ 10:37
- Sweden nominates Malmstrom for commissioner post@ 10:36
- Nato unprepared for Russia threat@ 09:13
- Juncker considers creating financial services post@ 09:13
- Portuguese bank reports €3.6bn loss@ 09:13
- Hungary nominates foreign minister for commissioner post30'th @ 19:22
- Nato: Over 12,000 Russian troops on Ukraine border30'th @ 18:30
- Russian central bank to help blacklisted banks30'th @ 14:15
- Israeli attack on school in Gaza is 'outrageous', says UN@ 09:30
- Russia threatens Europe with higher energy prices@ 09:04
- EU blacklists three Putin 'cronies'30'th @ 21:59
- Ebola risk in Europe 'extremely low'30'th @ 19:17
- US joins EU on Russia economic sanctions30'th @ 09:28
- EU to 'scrutinise' Cameron's migrant benefits plan30'th @ 09:15
- EU approves economic sanctions on Russia29'th @ 19:52
- Ex-Kosovo paramilitaries face war crimes indictment29'th @ 17:31
- EEAS: Statement on the downing of Malaysia Airlines flight. In memoriam of Pim de Kuijer
- IFSBH: Join our new initiative: People United for Spina Bifida and Hydrocephalus!
- ACCA: Supports a coherent EU Single Market as to the balance of competences in the UK
- EIPA: Preparing for New EPSO Competitions: Luxembourg, 08 September 2014
- EIPA: Tools for Implementation of EU Policies at National Level. Luxembourg, 22-25/ 09/ 2014
- EPHA: 5th Annual Conference 4-5 September 2014, Brussels | Register before 31st July
- Centre Maurits Coppieters: Launches a new youtube channel
- ACCA: Implementing the New European Accounting Directive: Making the right choices
- UNESDA: Impact of food taxes on public health inconclusive and contradictory as per EC study
- European Federalist Party: Juncker is the 1st elected European Commission President