30.09.14 @ 11:18
Putin has reportedly said his troops could take Poland in two days. But is it true, and if not, then why did he say it?
11.09.14 @ 08:39
29.08.14 @ 15:00
08.09.14 @ 09:29
Romanian president Basescu has said Nato has a contingency plan for the "0.01 percent" chance that Russia will one day attack his country.
05.09.14 @ 16:36
Nato leaders have indicated the alliance will not take in any aspirant states until late next year.
04.09.14 @ 07:45
France has frozen its delivery of a warship to Russia, as Nato leaders meet in the UK for a summit to discuss the Russia-Ukraine war.
07.09.14 @ 12:41
Six EU countries have joined a US-led coalition to “degrade and destroy” the Islamic State in Iraq and Syria.
04.09.14 @ 22:54
Poland has confirmed there will be no new Nato bases in eastern Europe to deter Russian aggression.
29.08.14 @ 09:30
Germany, France, and Italy have indicated they are willing to impose extra sanctions on Russia due to its “invasion” of Ukraine.
11.08.14 @ 09:19
The shooting down of the Malaysian Airlines flight reinforces the point that the security of citizens outside state borders is to be framed as a central issue in 21st century security policy.
25.06.14 @ 09:29
The European Commission has laid out plans on how to boost the EU's military and defence industries.
20.05.14 @ 09:08
Nato chief Fogh Rasmussen has said Russia’s "outrageous" partition of Ukraine has created “a completely new security situation in Europe.”
28.03.14 @ 17:24
Nato countries on Friday agreed that former Norwegian Prime Minister Jens Stoltenberg should be the next secretary general of the military alliance.
07.07.14 @ 09:30
Most of the EU’s top arms exporters have imposed a quiet ban on sales to Russia, but Ukraine’s military embargo could have a bigger impact on the crisis.
04.06.14 @ 16:37
US leader Barack Obama has promised to defend Poland and other Nato allies against potential Russian aggression.
16.04.14 @ 09:29
Military chiefs have said the Ukraine crisis is a “wake-up call” for EU countries’ defence spending, as the US backed Ukraine’s use of force in eastern regions.
11.03.14 @ 08:36
France, Germany, Italy and other EU states should stop selling high-end military technology to Russia in light of the Ukraine crisis.
News in Brief
- Cameron 'angry' over extra EU bill of €2bn@ 15:01
- Ice-cold relations inside the ECB: report@ 09:01
- Soros: EU has lost its way@ 09:00
- European bank stress tests to reveal small problems: report@ 08:59
- Beer and wine fuelled EU climate deal@ 08:57
- No comment from Barroso on extra €2 billion from UK@ 03:32
- Van Rompuy: EU deal reached on climate targets@ 01:08
- Poorer EU states to get pollution permits until 2030@ 01:00
- UN welcomes EU climate deal@ 16:58
- Cameron vows to reject €2 billion EU bill@ 16:16
- Cameron slapped with new €2bn EU bill@ 09:47
- Cyprus seeks harsh EU statement on Turkey@ 09:29
- Renzi stirs up EU row ahead of eurozone meeting@ 09:27
- EU leaders reach 2030 deal on climate and energy@ 03:59
- Merkel criticises Putin for broken promise on Ukraine@ 03:59
- Putin's pipeline drives wedge between EU and Balkan hopefuls@ 00:37
- EuroCommerce: New Commission offers fresh approach, but over-ambitious portfolio casts shadow
- EN.DELFI: How Russia wages hybrid energy war against Lithuania
- Oxfam: Europe must review climate targets after weak climate package deal
- Red Cross: A humanitarian approach within the EU Migration Agenda: 20 November @ EESC
- Counter Balance: Thousands urge the EU Commission to ditch biodiversity offsetting
- Oxfam: Bolder EU response needed to help stop Ebola spiralling out of control
- CESI: Ebola requires action: CESI demands full protection of healthcare workers at risk
- EGBA: Want to know how the EU online betting industry fights match-fixing?
- Access Now: Commissioners hearings: The many faces of Digital in the new Commission
- CESI: Taxation at the heart of the crisis, CESI Europe Academy discusses #TaxinEU