30.09.14 @ 11:18
Putin has reportedly said his troops could take Poland in two days. But is it true, and if not, then why did he say it?
11.09.14 @ 08:39
29.08.14 @ 15:00
08.09.14 @ 09:29
Romanian president Basescu has said Nato has a contingency plan for the "0.01 percent" chance that Russia will one day attack his country.
05.09.14 @ 16:36
Nato leaders have indicated the alliance will not take in any aspirant states until late next year.
04.09.14 @ 07:45
France has frozen its delivery of a warship to Russia, as Nato leaders meet in the UK for a summit to discuss the Russia-Ukraine war.
07.09.14 @ 12:41
Six EU countries have joined a US-led coalition to “degrade and destroy” the Islamic State in Iraq and Syria.
04.09.14 @ 22:54
Poland has confirmed there will be no new Nato bases in eastern Europe to deter Russian aggression.
29.08.14 @ 09:30
Germany, France, and Italy have indicated they are willing to impose extra sanctions on Russia due to its “invasion” of Ukraine.
11.08.14 @ 09:19
The shooting down of the Malaysian Airlines flight reinforces the point that the security of citizens outside state borders is to be framed as a central issue in 21st century security policy.
25.06.14 @ 09:29
The European Commission has laid out plans on how to boost the EU's military and defence industries.
20.05.14 @ 09:08
Nato chief Fogh Rasmussen has said Russia’s "outrageous" partition of Ukraine has created “a completely new security situation in Europe.”
28.03.14 @ 17:24
Nato countries on Friday agreed that former Norwegian Prime Minister Jens Stoltenberg should be the next secretary general of the military alliance.
07.07.14 @ 09:30
Most of the EU’s top arms exporters have imposed a quiet ban on sales to Russia, but Ukraine’s military embargo could have a bigger impact on the crisis.
04.06.14 @ 16:37
US leader Barack Obama has promised to defend Poland and other Nato allies against potential Russian aggression.
16.04.14 @ 09:29
Military chiefs have said the Ukraine crisis is a “wake-up call” for EU countries’ defence spending, as the US backed Ukraine’s use of force in eastern regions.
11.03.14 @ 08:36
France, Germany, Italy and other EU states should stop selling high-end military technology to Russia in light of the Ukraine crisis.
News in Brief
- Schulz: climate deal 'essence' of EU summit@ 19:05
- EU pledges €24.4 million for Ebola research@ 19:01
- Climate change 'question of survival', says outgoing EU chief@ 18:31
- Greece to represent Cyprus at EU summit, while president recovers@ 18:29
- Police protest in Brussels with empty boxes@ 17:33
- MEPs back subsidies for tobacco crops@ 17:31
- Italy asked to justify national budget plans@ 13:10
- 2015 EU budget up for tough negotiations@ 09:01
- Barroso clashes with Italy over published budget warning@ 15:32
- Poll shows UK support for EU at 20-year high@ 13:38
- An American in Strasbourg: US ambassador woos MEPs on trade pact@ 10:24
- Quarter of a million Ukrainians came to EU last year@ 09:34
- EU leaders gear up for heated climate summit@ 09:29
- Irish senators build EU momentum on Palestine recognition@ 09:28
- OpinionEU states should follow Sweden on Palestine@ 09:24
- EU fiscal rules won't be changed, says Juncker22'nd @ 19:55
- Counter Balance: Thousands urge the EU Commission to ditch biodiversity offsetting
- Oxfam: Bolder EU response needed to help stop Ebola spiralling out of control
- CESI: Ebola requires action: CESI demands full protection of healthcare workers at risk
- EGBA: Want to know how the EU online betting industry fights match-fixing?
- Access Now: Commissioners hearings: The many faces of Digital in the new Commission
- CESI: Taxation at the heart of the crisis, CESI Europe Academy discusses #TaxinEU
- Oxfam: EU needs to do more to stop the spread of Ebola
- EPSU: Ebola outbreak in West Africa - Health Workers in the frontline need our support
- EuFoA: First Nagorno-Karabakh Group announced in the European Parliament
- Oxfam: Four solutions to economic inequality