08.09.14 @ 09:29
Romanian president Basescu has said Nato has a contingency plan for the "0.01 percent" chance that Russia will one day attack his country.
11.09.14 @ 08:39
29.08.14 @ 15:00
07.09.14 @ 12:41
Six EU countries have joined a US-led coalition to “degrade and destroy” the Islamic State in Iraq and Syria.
04.09.14 @ 22:54
Poland has confirmed there will be no new Nato bases in eastern Europe to deter Russian aggression.
29.08.14 @ 09:30
Germany, France, and Italy have indicated they are willing to impose extra sanctions on Russia due to its “invasion” of Ukraine.
05.09.14 @ 16:36
Nato leaders have indicated the alliance will not take in any aspirant states until late next year.
04.09.14 @ 07:45
France has frozen its delivery of a warship to Russia, as Nato leaders meet in the UK for a summit to discuss the Russia-Ukraine war.
11.08.14 @ 09:19
The shooting down of the Malaysian Airlines flight reinforces the point that the security of citizens outside state borders is to be framed as a central issue in 21st century security policy.
07.07.14 @ 09:30
Most of the EU’s top arms exporters have imposed a quiet ban on sales to Russia, but Ukraine’s military embargo could have a bigger impact on the crisis.
04.06.14 @ 16:37
US leader Barack Obama has promised to defend Poland and other Nato allies against potential Russian aggression.
16.04.14 @ 09:29
Military chiefs have said the Ukraine crisis is a “wake-up call” for EU countries’ defence spending, as the US backed Ukraine’s use of force in eastern regions.
11.03.14 @ 08:36
France, Germany, Italy and other EU states should stop selling high-end military technology to Russia in light of the Ukraine crisis.
25.06.14 @ 09:29
The European Commission has laid out plans on how to boost the EU's military and defence industries.
20.05.14 @ 09:08
Nato chief Fogh Rasmussen has said Russia’s "outrageous" partition of Ukraine has created “a completely new security situation in Europe.”
28.03.14 @ 17:24
Nato countries on Friday agreed that former Norwegian Prime Minister Jens Stoltenberg should be the next secretary general of the military alliance.
04.03.14 @ 19:09
Nato head Rasmussen has shown sympathy for Polish and Baltic states’ fears of Russia’s aggressive posture in Ukraine and beyond.
News in Brief
- EU urges Russia to release Lithuania fishing boat30'th @ 19:22
- New EU health chief says no to chlorinated chicken and GMOs30'th @ 17:52
- Cameron: 'I wouldn't be heartbroken if UK left EU'30'th @ 17:46
- EU countries to maintain Russia sanctions30'th @ 17:26
- Putin to visit EU-aspirant Serbia30'th @ 13:38
- Lobbyists spend at least €99mn in EU capital30'th @ 13:38
- Hong Kong rallies expected in European cities30'th @ 13:37
- Malmstrom gets green light from EP trade committee30'th @ 13:02
- New Austrian commissioner backs EU sanctions on Russia@ 20:12
- EU embassies should take asylum requests, new commissioner says@ 19:07
- French EU commissioner to share powers on national budgets@ 17:52
- OpinionNew EU commissioner needs to be more active on Roma@ 17:46
- Apple's tax deal illegal, EU commission tells Ireland@ 17:45
- AnalysisCould Putin's troops 'be in Warsaw in two days'?@ 11:18
- Oettinger's digital plans focus on better infrastructure@ 10:32
- Juncker defends lobby-friendly restructuring of commission services@ 09:29
- Oxfam: Ahead of TTIP, Europe seeks to expand pharma monopoly at expense of people
- EN.DELFI: Russian Soldiers - cheap and luckless
- EBF: Financial Integration Report highlights ongoing fragmentation
- ACCA: Evaluating the impact of IFRS in the EU
- Access: Document shows Commissioner Malmström secretly undermines data protection
- EN.DELFI: Putin forces West to choose between Ukraine and Middle East
- Swedish Enterprises: ECIPE demystifies investor-state dispute settlements in trade agreements
- Martens Centre: Building a Lifeline for Freedom - Eastern Partnership 2.0 Brussels, 07 October
- MEP Dita Charanzová: We need a new trade policy after Russian Sanctions