28.03.14 @ 17:24
Nato countries on Friday agreed that former Norwegian Prime Minister Jens Stoltenberg should be the next secretary general of the military alliance.
11.03.14 @ 08:36
France, Germany, Italy and other EU states should stop selling high-end military technology to Russia in light of the Ukraine crisis.
12.02.14 @ 18:33
EU defence firms have received hundreds of millions in EU research grants for work on drones, despite rules against funding of military projects.
09.01.14 @ 09:28
EU states will Friday discuss sending up to 1,000 soldiers to the Central African Republic to help France.
04.03.14 @ 19:09
Nato head Rasmussen has shown sympathy for Polish and Baltic states’ fears of Russia’s aggressive posture in Ukraine and beyond.
20.01.14 @ 16:21
EU countries have agreed to send soldiers to CAR, but the type of operation foreseen could spell the end of EU "battlegroups."
20.12.13 @ 10:28
EU countries have agreed to "deepen defence co-operation," but France, Germany and the UK disagree on how to do it.
20.11.13 @ 09:29
Seven EU countries have formed what France calls a "club" to produce military drones from 2020 onward.
15.10.13 @ 11:06
Nato is to hold large-scale war games on Russia's border shortly before the EU plans to take away a former Soviet jewel: Ukraine.
19.09.13 @ 09:27
Nato chief Rasmussen wants EU countries to buy more surveillance drones, refuelling planes and naval radars.
04.09.13 @ 09:56
Europe should create a civilian and military crisis operations HQ under EU command, according to a report by centre-right MEPs.
22.10.13 @ 18:03
EU foreign affairs chief Ashton says EU countries should use military-grade drones for border surveillance, but legal and technical glitches stand in the way.
14.10.13 @ 09:22
Hybrid aerial surveillance drones are being considered by the EU border agency Frontex for future operations with member states.
19.09.13 @ 09:11
Britain is forging ahead on military co-operation with France, while warning about EU "interference" on defence.
04.09.13 @ 09:13
Russian leader Putin has warned against Western strikes on Syria on the eve of the G20 summit in St Petersburg.
News in Brief
- Court clears Anglo-Irish boss@ 09:26
- Juncker wants politicians in EU commission, not bureaucrats@ 09:26
- Nato increases military presence in eastern Europe@ 09:26
- EU and Switzerland edging closer to free movement deal@ 09:25
- MEPs back cross-border pension rights16'th @ 10:01
- Industry wary of new EU rules on lorry design16'th @ 10:01
- Ukip leader 'taking legal advice' on expenses allegations16'th @ 10:00
- French MEP recalls trips to see porn films16'th @ 10:00
- Russia and China forge closer ties, as EU explores sanctions@ 09:29
- Europe faces worst human rights 'crisis' in decades@ 09:29
- MEPs upset over Schulz's double role as president and candidate@ 09:25
- EU countries to boost defence budgets in light of Ukraine16'th @ 09:29
- EU parliament gives final nod to banking union16'th @ 09:21
- EU ElectionsGerman centre-right election posters show Merkel, not Juncker16'th @ 09:15
- Regional unemployment highest in Spain16'th @ 09:14
- OpinionLearning from the past: EU aid in the Eastern Partnership16'th @ 07:41
- CESI: TTIP: Fears of the Unknown, Registration for CESI@noon lunch debate on Mon 28th April
- ThinkYoung: We want to listen your opinion on youth unemployment & skills mismatch
- EIPA: Summer School on EU law & its Implementation, Luxembourg, 30/06 until 11/07
- EIPA: The Infringement Procedure under Articles 258 & 260 TFEU - Luxembourg 19-20/06/14
- ACCA: New rules to improve shareholder engagement and corporate governance reporting
- European Youth Forum: Open letter to EU bodies, MS and CoE on the situation in Ukraine
- Oxfam: European overseas aid slightly increases but lags behind global trend
- EUA: Changing Landscapes in Learning and Teaching’: Report from the Annual Conference
- Regione Puglia: Capacity building course for regional officers on EU decision-making: 7-11/04
- EJC: President Kantor calls Jobbik electoral gains "a dark day for Europe"