29.08.14 @ 09:30
Germany, France, and Italy have indicated they are willing to impose extra sanctions on Russia due to its “invasion” of Ukraine.
29.08.14 @ 15:00
11.08.14 @ 09:19
The shooting down of the Malaysian Airlines flight reinforces the point that the security of citizens outside state borders is to be framed as a central issue in 21st century security policy.
25.06.14 @ 09:29
The European Commission has laid out plans on how to boost the EU's military and defence industries.
20.05.14 @ 09:08
Nato chief Fogh Rasmussen has said Russia’s "outrageous" partition of Ukraine has created “a completely new security situation in Europe.”
07.07.14 @ 09:30
Most of the EU’s top arms exporters have imposed a quiet ban on sales to Russia, but Ukraine’s military embargo could have a bigger impact on the crisis.
04.06.14 @ 16:37
US leader Barack Obama has promised to defend Poland and other Nato allies against potential Russian aggression.
16.04.14 @ 09:29
Military chiefs have said the Ukraine crisis is a “wake-up call” for EU countries’ defence spending, as the US backed Ukraine’s use of force in eastern regions.
28.03.14 @ 17:24
Nato countries on Friday agreed that former Norwegian Prime Minister Jens Stoltenberg should be the next secretary general of the military alliance.
04.03.14 @ 19:09
Nato head Rasmussen has shown sympathy for Polish and Baltic states’ fears of Russia’s aggressive posture in Ukraine and beyond.
20.01.14 @ 16:21
EU countries have agreed to send soldiers to CAR, but the type of operation foreseen could spell the end of EU "battlegroups."
20.12.13 @ 10:28
EU countries have agreed to "deepen defence co-operation," but France, Germany and the UK disagree on how to do it.
11.03.14 @ 08:36
France, Germany, Italy and other EU states should stop selling high-end military technology to Russia in light of the Ukraine crisis.
12.02.14 @ 18:33
EU defence firms have received hundreds of millions in EU research grants for work on drones, despite rules against funding of military projects.
09.01.14 @ 09:28
EU states will Friday discuss sending up to 1,000 soldiers to the Central African Republic to help France.
20.11.13 @ 09:29
Seven EU countries have formed what France calls a "club" to produce military drones from 2020 onward.
News in Brief
- Putin told Barroso he could 'take Kiev in two weeks'@ 18:58
- New EU foreign policy chief criticises Putin@ 18:48
- Belgium only country not to have nominated EU commissioner@ 12:40
- Berlin to accept Moscovici as economics commissioner: Report@ 12:27
- German eurosceptic party enters state parliament after vote@ 11:37
- Only one in four Norwegians support EU membership@ 09:18
- Russia calls for 'ceasefire', 'statehood' in east Ukraine@ 09:06
- Romania may send a female commissioner31'st @ 02:04
- Who is Tusk and what does he mean for the EU?@ 18:44
- Cameron faces new EU referendum backlash@ 09:22
- OpinionWhy America is recovering, but Europe is not - Part II@ 09:17
- EU expert groups dominated by corporate interest, say NGOs@ 09:09
- Who is Federica Mogherini?@ 08:59
- EU leaders give Putin one-week deadline31'st @ 02:25
- EU leaders pick Tusk, Mogherini for top posts30'th @ 21:43
- Poroshenko: EU likely to hold off on Russia sanctions30'th @ 14:41
- EUA: EU 2015 Budget negotiations: EUA warns against making cuts to research payments
- EPSU: New Commission must end corporate dominance of EU expert groups
- Martens Centre: Register now for the event “A Changing Eastern Neighbourhood”
- Martens Centre: Register now for event on 9 Sept: Banking and Monetary Union 2014-2019
- EuFoA: Tension rises in Nagorno-Karabakh as ceasefire negotiations are underway
- ACCA: Supports a coherent EU Single Market as to the balance of competences in the UK
- EIPA: Preparing for New EPSO Competitions: Luxembourg, 08 September 2014
- EIPA: Tools for Implementation of EU Policies at National Level. Luxembourg, 22-25/ 09/ 2014
- EPHA: 5th Annual Conference 4-5 September 2014, Brussels
- Centre Maurits Coppieters: Launches a new youtube channel