07.07.14 @ 09:30
Most of the EU’s top arms exporters have imposed a quiet ban on sales to Russia, but Ukraine’s military embargo could have a bigger impact on the crisis.
25.06.14 @ 09:29
The European Commission has laid out plans on how to boost the EU's military and defence industries.
20.05.14 @ 09:08
Nato chief Fogh Rasmussen has said Russia’s "outrageous" partition of Ukraine has created “a completely new security situation in Europe.”
28.03.14 @ 17:24
Nato countries on Friday agreed that former Norwegian Prime Minister Jens Stoltenberg should be the next secretary general of the military alliance.
04.06.14 @ 16:37
US leader Barack Obama has promised to defend Poland and other Nato allies against potential Russian aggression.
16.04.14 @ 09:29
Military chiefs have said the Ukraine crisis is a “wake-up call” for EU countries’ defence spending, as the US backed Ukraine’s use of force in eastern regions.
11.03.14 @ 08:36
France, Germany, Italy and other EU states should stop selling high-end military technology to Russia in light of the Ukraine crisis.
04.03.14 @ 19:09
Nato head Rasmussen has shown sympathy for Polish and Baltic states’ fears of Russia’s aggressive posture in Ukraine and beyond.
20.01.14 @ 16:21
EU countries have agreed to send soldiers to CAR, but the type of operation foreseen could spell the end of EU "battlegroups."
20.12.13 @ 10:28
EU countries have agreed to "deepen defence co-operation," but France, Germany and the UK disagree on how to do it.
22.10.13 @ 18:03
EU foreign affairs chief Ashton says EU countries should use military-grade drones for border surveillance, but legal and technical glitches stand in the way.
12.02.14 @ 18:33
EU defence firms have received hundreds of millions in EU research grants for work on drones, despite rules against funding of military projects.
09.01.14 @ 09:28
EU states will Friday discuss sending up to 1,000 soldiers to the Central African Republic to help France.
20.11.13 @ 09:29
Seven EU countries have formed what France calls a "club" to produce military drones from 2020 onward.
15.10.13 @ 11:06
Nato is to hold large-scale war games on Russia's border shortly before the EU plans to take away a former Soviet jewel: Ukraine.
News in Brief
- EU commission delaying GMO decision for 14 years@ 12:34
- US willing to give EU citizens same rights on data privacy@ 12:33
- US ambassador expects clarity on EU sanctions@ 11:53
- Bulgarian PM resigns@ 09:39
- Germany rejects calls to scrap Russia's 2018 World Cup@ 09:31
- Greek economy to grow 0.7%@ 09:30
- Dutch mayor calls for Putin's daughter to be deported@ 09:28
- EU orders Ryanair to pay back millions in French subsidies@ 09:26
- EU readies new sanctions on defiant Russia@ 09:25
- Scrapped EU surveillance law throws doubt on US data agreements@ 08:47
- Russia angst sees EU energy efficiency targets watered down23'rd @ 17:26
- Rome continues to push Italian FM to replace Ashton23'rd @ 16:02
- EU grapples with smugglers as people fleeing conflict face torture23'rd @ 09:28
- Deutsche Bank under fire in the US23'rd @ 09:16
- UK is still sending arms to Russia, say MPs23'rd @ 09:12
- AnalysisLeaked paper: EU options on 'stage three' Russia sanctions22'nd @ 20:42
- IFSBH: Join our new initiative: People United for Spina Bifida and Hydrocephalus!
- ACCA: Supports a coherent EU Single Market as to the balance of competences in the UK
- EIPA: Preparing for New EPSO Competitions: Luxembourg, 08 September 2014
- EIPA: Tools for Implementation of EU Policies at National Level. Luxembourg, 22-25/ 09/ 2014
- EPHA: 5th Annual Conference 4-5 September 2014, Brussels | Register before 31st July
- Centre Maurits Coppieters: Launches a new youtube channel
- ACCA: Implementing the New European Accounting Directive: Making the right choices
- UNESDA: Impact of food taxes on public health inconclusive and contradictory as per EC study
- European Federalist Party: Juncker is the 1st elected European Commission President
- Martens Centre: Register now for event on 9 Sept: Banking and Monetary Union 2014-2019