04.03.14 @ 19:09
Nato head Rasmussen has shown sympathy for Polish and Baltic states’ fears of Russia’s aggressive posture in Ukraine and beyond.
12.02.14 @ 18:33
EU defence firms have received hundreds of millions in EU research grants for work on drones, despite rules against funding of military projects.
20.01.14 @ 16:21
EU countries have agreed to send soldiers to CAR, but the type of operation foreseen could spell the end of EU "battlegroups."
20.12.13 @ 10:28
EU countries have agreed to "deepen defence co-operation," but France, Germany and the UK disagree on how to do it.
22.10.13 @ 18:03
EU foreign affairs chief Ashton says EU countries should use military-grade drones for border surveillance, but legal and technical glitches stand in the way.
09.01.14 @ 09:28
EU states will Friday discuss sending up to 1,000 soldiers to the Central African Republic to help France.
20.11.13 @ 09:29
Seven EU countries have formed what France calls a "club" to produce military drones from 2020 onward.
15.10.13 @ 11:06
Nato is to hold large-scale war games on Russia's border shortly before the EU plans to take away a former Soviet jewel: Ukraine.
14.10.13 @ 09:22
Hybrid aerial surveillance drones are being considered by the EU border agency Frontex for future operations with member states.
19.09.13 @ 09:11
Britain is forging ahead on military co-operation with France, while warning about EU "interference" on defence.
04.09.13 @ 09:13
Russian leader Putin has warned against Western strikes on Syria on the eve of the G20 summit in St Petersburg.
30.08.13 @ 09:26
The British parliament has blocked UK military action against Syria, leaving the US to seek other allies for its intervention.
19.09.13 @ 09:27
Nato chief Rasmussen wants EU countries to buy more surveillance drones, refuelling planes and naval radars.
04.09.13 @ 09:56
Europe should create a civilian and military crisis operations HQ under EU command, according to a report by centre-right MEPs.
02.09.13 @ 09:29
The EU ban on sales of "repressive" equipment to post-coup Egypt leaves plenty of room for interpretation.
News in Brief
- Juncker elected EPP's top candidate for commission presidency7'th @ 16:01
- Ten EU countries want Ukraine mission7'th @ 13:40
- Centre-right group adopts election manifesto7'th @ 13:04
- Centre-right leaders say Ukraine has a shot at EU membership7'th @ 13:03
- Russian ambassador pours scorn on EU 'freezes'7'th @ 10:27
- Cuba accepts offer to restore EU relations7'th @ 09:23
- Spain spends millions to keep immigrants out7'th @ 09:23
- Erdogan threatens to ban YouTube and Facebook7'th @ 09:22
- EU ElectionsJuncker elected centre-right's top EU candidate7'th @ 19:12
- Edward Snowden wants asylum in EU7'th @ 19:04
- OpinionOn 'doing' Ukraine7'th @ 18:38
- Centre-right leaders give Ukraine hope of EU membership7'th @ 17:56
- Stiglitz: ECB should scrap inflation targets7'th @ 09:34
- Transparency group pushes for stronger whistleblower laws7'th @ 09:28
- 'Putin will go as far as the West allows him to'7'th @ 09:19
- EU ElectionsAustrian far-right set for strong showing in EU vote7'th @ 08:58
- COFACE: and COFACE-Disability on the occasion of International Women’s Day
- Irradiare: EU workshop on biomethane – markets, value chains and applications
- Counter Balance: Take a virtual lobby tour through the heart of the EU
- EMHRN: International Women’s Day: Violence rises, impunity prevails
- EuFoA: Latest paper "EU-Armenia relations: future developments & prospects" published
- Greenpeace: EU energy ministers should get back in the saddle on climate & energy policy
- SUPERHUB: Join us at CeBIT 2014 Hannover the largest fair showcasing IT and telecom solutions
- COFACE: Less than 100 days to go to #EP2014. Need more info ? Sign up for #FamiliesVOTE2014
- EMHRN: Syrian Rights Groups to the Human Rights Council: Stop Violence against Women in Syria!
- EIPA: Efficiency and Quality of Justice Luxembourg, 27-28 March 2014