15.05.13 @ 09:27
Criminals are using bitcoins and other unregulated digital currencies as a payment method of choice when blackmailing companies following a data breach.
07.05.13 @ 08:19
Those who support the EU's proposed data protection bill and those who oppose it are putting forward vastly different figures on the cost of the new law.
03.05.13 @ 09:24
The metal box in Hugo Campos’ chest keeps him alive. It also collects data. Who owns it and how they use it is posing questions for EU lawmakers.
25.04.12 @ 07:47
Heated debate on online privacy law has re-emerged in Washington with the Cyber Intelligence Sharing and Protection Act set to be the first bill on internet piracy to be adopted by the US Congress.
06.05.13 @ 09:28
German Green Jan Philipp Albrecht is overseeing one of the most complex pieces of legislation to ever hit the European Parliament.
28.01.13 @ 09:18
An obscure section in a US law is said to entitle authorities to access, without a warrant, data stored by any EU citizen on clouds run by American companies.
18.02.12 @ 08:30
Justice Commissioner Viviane Reding has insisted that US authorities cannot override EU laws on data privacy, following concerns expressed by MEPs that US laws and subpoenas could force EU companies to disclose personal data to US law enforcement agencies.
23.01.12 @ 19:15
A group of 25 of the world’s leading information and communication technology (ICT) firms have joined forces in a bid to improve cyber security for children in the EU.
15.06.11 @ 09:15
A global internet police force, digital passports in order for users to go online, cyber crime as an 'integrated part' of virtual reality - this is how Russian anti-virus expert Eugene Kaspersky sees the future of the online world.
05.04.11 @ 16:22
As technology progresses and we move towards a state of being constantly connected, in a world where all objects can always be traced, the question of what is happening to people's personal data has become one of the hottest societal and regulatory issues in the EU.
20.05.11 @ 18:16
EU institutions are setting up a joint team of internet security experts some three months after the European Commission was hacked in a bid to get sensitive data on external relations and monetary issues.
23.06.11 @ 09:26
The Netherlands has become the first EU member state to enshrine in law the concept of net neutrality, the idea that there should be no hierarchy of information or services in the internet.
25.05.11 @ 09:24
The European Commission has proposed a new law that would permit the digitisation of millions of books, magazine articles, films and audio recordings that currently rest in copyright limbo.
05.04.11 @ 16:22
Estonian Economy minister Johan Parts says the quicker everyone in Europe has electronic ID the easier it will be for the EU to implement it Digital Agenda plans. Read more in the EUobserver April FOCUS on Digital Agenda
20.04.11 @ 09:27
As the European Commission enters the final straits in its preparation of proposals on the collecting of royalties for artists and protecting intellectual property rights, two camps are preparing for battle.
News in Brief
- EU taking Kosovo mission allegations 'seriously'@ 13:01
- Barroso not putting pressure on Kiev in gas talks, EU says@ 13:01
- Russia seeks EU-Ukraine gas payment contract@ 13:01
- Colombia and Peru pass EU criteria for visa-free access@ 09:24
- Germany's largest lender in profit loss over scandals@ 09:24
- Cameron under pressure on migrant backlogs@ 09:24
- Sweden to recognise Palestine on Thursday@ 09:23
- UK denies Scotland veto on EU referendum@ 09:22
- France denies warship delivery, as Russian bombers skirt EU airspace@ 09:57
- EU-brokered gas talks bedevilled by ‘lack of trust’@ 09:29
- EU citizens overestimate immigrant numbers, survey shows@ 09:28
- OpinionHas the EU lost the ability to enact sanctions?@ 09:28
- Spain and Netherlands among countries to buy way to green targets29'th @ 19:02
- From Borgen to Brussels: Who is the new EU competition commissioner?29'th @ 18:24
- Denmark and UK rank top in EU for doing business29'th @ 09:22
- EU commission lashes out at Hungary's internet tax plan29'th @ 09:21
- EIPA: European Union Civil Service Law, Brussels, 27-28 November 2014
- Xinhua News Agency: Winners of the WMS Global Awards for Excellence announced
- EGBA: Want to know how the EU online betting industry fights match-fixing?
- Martens Centre: Has Euromaidan Transformed the Ukrainian Political Landscape? Register now!
- EN.DELFI: Floating LNG terminal "Independence" sails into Lithuania
- EBF: Comprehensive assessment shows robust European banking sector
- Carbon Market Watch: EU leaders broker climate deal at expense of climate and tax payers
- Friends of the Earth Europe: EU climate deal puts polluters before people
- EuroCommerce: Commission's approach is fresh but casts shadow for over-ambitious portfolio
- EN.DELFI: How Russia wages hybrid energy war against Lithuania