22.11.12 @ 13:12
With Europe now in its fifth year of economic crisis, the most vulnerable in society are feeling the effects of governments' reined-in spending. Disabled people, often reliant on both state services and allowances, are among those hardest hit.
03.12.12 @ 08:42
23.11.12 @ 10:02
22.11.12 @ 13:14
10.06.13 @ 17:25
European Parliament leaders have committed themselves to better upholding the rights of persons with disabilities, starting with making their political websites more universally accessible ahead of next year's EU elections.
04.12.12 @ 10:14
Over recent decades, there has been a "paradigm shift" in the way disability rights are treated in the European Union with policy-makers now focussing on how to make society more inclusive of disabled people.
22.11.12 @ 13:14
Disabled people from all over Europe will travel to Brussels at the beginning of December to voice their anger at social welfare cuts.
07.12.12 @ 17:05
As the EU nears a deal on its seven-year trillion-euro budget, disability campaigners are fighting to ensure that EU regional funding is only spent on projects that also benefit disabled people.
22.11.12 @ 13:14
Austerity measures are reversing the social, educational and societal gains made by disabled people in recent years, a new study shows.
22.11.12 @ 13:18
Three quarters of 30 million blind and partially sighted in Europe do not have a job, amid accusations of "extraordinary complacency" by government officials.
News in Brief
- Poland wants 'strong, active' German army30'th @ 16:27
- EU taking Kosovo mission allegations 'seriously'30'th @ 13:01
- Barroso not putting pressure on Kiev in gas talks, EU says30'th @ 13:01
- Russia seeks EU-Ukraine gas payment contract30'th @ 13:01
- Colombia and Peru pass EU criteria for visa-free access30'th @ 09:24
- Germany's largest lender in profit loss over scandals30'th @ 09:24
- Cameron under pressure on migrant backlogs30'th @ 09:24
- Sweden to recognise Palestine on Thursday30'th @ 09:23
- EU mission in Kosovo rocked by corruption allegations30'th @ 19:27
- Oettinger stirs controversy ahead of new role as digital commissioner30'th @ 18:29
- France denies warship delivery, as Russian bombers skirt EU airspace30'th @ 09:57
- EU-brokered gas talks bedevilled by ‘lack of trust’30'th @ 09:29
- EU citizens overestimate immigrant numbers, survey shows30'th @ 09:28
- OpinionHas the EU lost the ability to enact sanctions?30'th @ 09:28
- Spain and Netherlands among countries to buy way to green targets29'th @ 19:02
- From Borgen to Brussels: Who is the new EU competition commissioner?29'th @ 18:24
- European Jewish Congress: Sweden recognition of Palestinian State merely adds fuel to already enflamed Middle East
- EFA: Catalonia decides on 9N ! Support EFA campaign for democracy and freedom.
- European School Net: Europe needs to boost the E-skills to tap the job creation potential of ICT
- European School Net: European government agencies & industry combine to combat bullying
- EIPA: European Union Civil Service Law, Brussels, 27-28 November 2014
- Xinhua News Agency: Winners of the WMS Global Awards for Excellence announced
- EGBA: Want to know how the EU online betting industry fights match-fixing?
- Martens Centre: Has Euromaidan Transformed the Ukrainian Political Landscape? Register now!
- EN.DELFI: Floating LNG terminal "Independence" sails into Lithuania
- EBF: Comprehensive assessment shows robust European banking sector