22.11.12 @ 13:12
With Europe now in its fifth year of economic crisis, the most vulnerable in society are feeling the effects of governments' reined-in spending. Disabled people, often reliant on both state services and allowances, are among those hardest hit.
03.12.12 @ 08:42
23.11.12 @ 10:02
22.11.12 @ 13:14
07.12.12 @ 17:05
As the EU nears a deal on its seven-year trillion-euro budget, disability campaigners are fighting to ensure that EU regional funding is only spent on projects that also benefit disabled people.
22.11.12 @ 13:14
Austerity measures are reversing the social, educational and societal gains made by disabled people in recent years, a new study shows.
22.11.12 @ 13:18
Three quarters of 30 million blind and partially sighted in Europe do not have a job, amid accusations of "extraordinary complacency" by government officials.
04.12.12 @ 10:14
Over recent decades, there has been a "paradigm shift" in the way disability rights are treated in the European Union with policy-makers now focussing on how to make society more inclusive of disabled people.
22.11.12 @ 13:14
Disabled people from all over Europe will travel to Brussels at the beginning of December to voice their anger at social welfare cuts.
News in Brief
- MEPs urge start to Macedonia EU talks
- UK migrant influx fears unfounded, says EU commissioner
- French rich tax to target companies, not individuals
- Stockholm riots point to inequalities
- German brewers: shale gas exploitation may ruin beer
- Netherlands not a tax haven, says Merkel
- France willing to put Hezbollah on EU blacklist
- EU 'proud' on asylum seekers
- Paris court to question IMF chief Lagarde
- Millions of Italians unable to afford heating: Report
- Disabled people have a right to live in the community
- Economic crisis turning back the social clock for disabled people
- InterviewDisability in the EU - a 'paradigm shift'
- Impact of austerity measures 'absent' from policy-makers' thinking
- 'No money for EU projects discriminating disabled people'
- Disability and EU austerity: a Portuguese case study
- Disability rights and the crisis
- Disability in figures
- Reach out to blind people, expert tells employment services
- Central bank chief: EU needs a more European UK@ 09:28
- Van Rompuy endorses restart of EU-Turkey talks@ 09:27
- OpinionEU should act on political abuse of Interpol@ 09:01
- Governments to give green light for US trade talks@ 08:54
- EU anti-fraud chief defends role in Dalligate23'rd @ 19:09
- EU retreats from olive oil ban after wave of ridicule23'rd @ 17:42
- Amnesty: EU states guilty of racism, homophobia23'rd @ 09:38
- Delay austerity and increase investment, IMF warns UK23'rd @ 09:30
- FocusGermany and Greece: huge gulf in youth unemployment23'rd @ 09:26
- Victims of violence set for EU-wide protection22'nd @ 22:24
- European Friends of Armenia: EuFoA calls for common EU-Armenia efforts to stop waste of gas
- CESI: Tax administration staff joins EU institutions in serious concern over tax evasion and tax fraud
- Counter Balance: Register! ‘Facing the future or looking at the past? New energy policies at EIB/EBRD’ 27/05 EU Parliament
- EIPA: Summer school on EU Law and its Implementation, organised in Luxembourg from 01 to 12 July 2013
- Confederation of Swedish Enterprise: State of the union – Where is the EU heading?
- ACCA: ACCA encourages EU leaders to be bold in the fight against tax fraud and evasion
- EIPA: Practical Tools for Implementation of EU Policies at the National Level: Modules 1 and 2 Luxembourg, 24-27 September 2013
- The Finance curse - my new bookEscape from Europe
- Yes, this is what we need the EU forAnother Look
- Pentecost on the prairieGlobal challenges
- The untold story of Libya's Mahmud GebrilInside Arab Spring
- U-turn, please!Another Look
- Going against fears in AmericaGlobal challenges
- About spin and DIYAnother Look
- The capture of tax haven Ireland: "the bankers, hedge funds got virtually everything they wanted"Escape from Europe
- The year in picturesSuper Commuter
- Not the Jihadists but we are the problemInside Arab Spring