22.11.12 @ 13:12
With Europe now in its fifth year of economic crisis, the most vulnerable in society are feeling the effects of governments' reined-in spending. Disabled people, often reliant on both state services and allowances, are among those hardest hit.
03.12.12 @ 08:42
23.11.12 @ 10:02
22.11.12 @ 13:14
10.06.13 @ 17:25
European Parliament leaders have committed themselves to better upholding the rights of persons with disabilities, starting with making their political websites more universally accessible ahead of next year's EU elections.
04.12.12 @ 10:14
Over recent decades, there has been a "paradigm shift" in the way disability rights are treated in the European Union with policy-makers now focussing on how to make society more inclusive of disabled people.
22.11.12 @ 13:14
Disabled people from all over Europe will travel to Brussels at the beginning of December to voice their anger at social welfare cuts.
07.12.12 @ 17:05
As the EU nears a deal on its seven-year trillion-euro budget, disability campaigners are fighting to ensure that EU regional funding is only spent on projects that also benefit disabled people.
22.11.12 @ 13:14
Austerity measures are reversing the social, educational and societal gains made by disabled people in recent years, a new study shows.
22.11.12 @ 13:18
Three quarters of 30 million blind and partially sighted in Europe do not have a job, amid accusations of "extraordinary complacency" by government officials.
News in Brief
- EPP think tank named after Wilfried Martens@ 18:05
- Bayern chief admits tax evasion of €18m@ 13:21
- Schulz-Juncker debates scheduled on German TV@ 10:19
- Clegg: Britain cannot reform EU 'with one foot out the door'@ 09:33
- Tax cuts will not breach Italy's EU deficit limit, says PM@ 09:32
- Troika calls for more transparency in Greece@ 09:32
- Ukraine could sign EU agreement this month@ 09:31
- Juncker elected EPP's top candidate for commission presidency7'th @ 16:01
- Poland urges Germany to buy less Russian gas@ 18:09
- Estonian commissioner criticised for political campaign@ 09:30
- EU ElectionsRomanian elite's relatives and friends run as MEPs@ 09:30
- EU ElectionsLiberals unveil new Monti-backed Italian coalition@ 09:29
- Ashton looks to closer EU ties on Iran visit@ 09:29
- AgendaUkraine, data protection, and troika in spotlight this WEEK@ 09:28
- EU ElectionsJuncker elected centre-right's top EU candidate7'th @ 19:12
- Edward Snowden wants asylum in EU7'th @ 19:04
- COFACE: and COFACE-Disability on the occasion of International Women’s Day
- Irradiare: EU workshop on biomethane – markets, value chains and applications
- Counter Balance: Take a virtual lobby tour through the heart of the EU
- EMHRN: International Women’s Day: Violence rises, impunity prevails
- EuFoA: Latest paper "EU-Armenia relations: future developments & prospects" published
- Greenpeace: EU energy ministers should get back in the saddle on climate & energy policy
- SUPERHUB: Join us at CeBIT 2014 Hannover the largest fair showcasing IT and telecom solutions
- COFACE: Less than 100 days to go to #EP2014. Need more info ? Sign up for #FamiliesVOTE2014
- EMHRN: Syrian Rights Groups to the Human Rights Council: Stop Violence against Women in Syria!
- EIPA: Efficiency and Quality of Justice Luxembourg, 27-28 March 2014