22.11.12 @ 13:12
With Europe now in its fifth year of economic crisis, the most vulnerable in society are feeling the effects of governments' reined-in spending. Disabled people, often reliant on both state services and allowances, are among those hardest hit.
03.12.12 @ 08:42
23.11.12 @ 10:02
22.11.12 @ 13:14
10.06.13 @ 17:25
European Parliament leaders have committed themselves to better upholding the rights of persons with disabilities, starting with making their political websites more universally accessible ahead of next year's EU elections.
04.12.12 @ 10:14
Over recent decades, there has been a "paradigm shift" in the way disability rights are treated in the European Union with policy-makers now focussing on how to make society more inclusive of disabled people.
22.11.12 @ 13:14
Disabled people from all over Europe will travel to Brussels at the beginning of December to voice their anger at social welfare cuts.
07.12.12 @ 17:05
As the EU nears a deal on its seven-year trillion-euro budget, disability campaigners are fighting to ensure that EU regional funding is only spent on projects that also benefit disabled people.
22.11.12 @ 13:14
Austerity measures are reversing the social, educational and societal gains made by disabled people in recent years, a new study shows.
22.11.12 @ 13:18
Three quarters of 30 million blind and partially sighted in Europe do not have a job, amid accusations of "extraordinary complacency" by government officials.
News in Brief
- Belgium only country not to have nominated EU commissioner@ 12:40
- Berlin to accept Moscovici as economics commissioner: Report@ 12:27
- German eurosceptic party enters state parliament after vote@ 11:37
- Only one in four Norwegians support EU membership@ 09:18
- Russia calls for 'ceasefire', 'statehood' in east Ukraine@ 09:06
- Romania may send a female commissioner31'st @ 02:04
- Lithuanian president abstained from Mogherini vote31'st @ 01:19
- Denmark nominates female minister as EU commissioner31'st @ 01:08
- Cameron faces new EU referendum backlash@ 09:22
- OpinionWhy America is recovering, but Europe is not - Part II@ 09:17
- EU expert groups dominated by corporate interest, say NGOs@ 09:09
- Who is Federica Mogherini?@ 08:59
- EU leaders give Putin one-week deadline31'st @ 02:25
- EU leaders pick Tusk, Mogherini for top posts30'th @ 21:43
- Poroshenko: EU likely to hold off on Russia sanctions30'th @ 14:41
- EU leaders meet on top jobs, Ukraine29'th @ 21:24
- EUA: EU 2015 Budget negotiations: EUA warns against making cuts to research payments
- EPSU: New Commission must end corporate dominance of EU expert groups
- Martens Centre: Register now for the event “A Changing Eastern Neighbourhood”
- Martens Centre: Register now for event on 9 Sept: Banking and Monetary Union 2014-2019
- EuFoA: Tension rises in Nagorno-Karabakh as ceasefire negotiations are underway
- ACCA: Supports a coherent EU Single Market as to the balance of competences in the UK
- EIPA: Preparing for New EPSO Competitions: Luxembourg, 08 September 2014
- EIPA: Tools for Implementation of EU Policies at National Level. Luxembourg, 22-25/ 09/ 2014
- EPHA: 5th Annual Conference 4-5 September 2014, Brussels
- Centre Maurits Coppieters: Launches a new youtube channel