E-Culture and collective management of creative rights
In collaboration with artists, business representatives and MEPs EUobserver hosted the 6th annual high level conference about artists’ online creative rights in Brussels on 27 November 2012.
The theme of the conference was the changes to Europe’s cultural landscape brought about by digital developments.
Read related articles below. And stay tuned for the next EUobserver event.
30.11.12 @ 17:33
The question of copyrights and the music industry was already old and vexed. The digital age, with the advent of millions of songs accessible at the click of a mouse, has added an extra layer.
03.12.12 @ 13:39
How can the rules for collective management of copyrights be adapted to the age of digital music? This was the key question at the EUobserver conference on E-Culture and collective management of creative rights.
News in Brief
- Poll: Majority of Poles opposed to euro@ 09:16
- EU to warn five states on budget plans@ 08:46
- European stocks jump on hope of ECB boost@ 08:45
- Hungary tables 'internet' tax@ 08:45
- UK Liberals to crack down on non-English speakers@ 08:44
- Spanish nurse ebola-free@ 08:38
- Former Polish FM under fire over Ukraine remarks21'st @ 19:52
- Congolese doctor wins EU rights prize21'st @ 18:51
- Former Polish FM causes scandal on Russia interview@ 09:30
- Bank rescue fund to rely on big lenders@ 09:29
- Still no Russia gas deal as Europe heads into winter@ 08:37
- Culture MEPs rebel against Juncker21'st @ 19:44
- Greece fined for violating asylum seekers' rights21'st @ 18:08
- New accounting rules save EU deficit21'st @ 18:01
- Barroso bows out before MEPs21'st @ 17:48
- EU to uphold Russia sanctions21'st @ 09:29
- Oxfam: Bolder EU response needed to help stop Ebola spiralling out of control
- CESI: Ebola requires action: CESI demands full protection of healthcare workers at risk
- EGBA: Want to know how the EU online betting industry fights match-fixing?
- Access Now: Commissioners hearings: The many faces of Digital in the new Commission
- CESI: Taxation at the heart of the crisis, CESI Europe Academy discusses #TaxinEU
- Oxfam: EU needs to do more to stop the spread of Ebola
- EPSU: Ebola outbreak in West Africa - Health Workers in the frontline need our support
- EuFoA: First Nagorno-Karabakh Group announced in the European Parliament
- Oxfam: Four solutions to economic inequality
- Swedish Enterprises: Transatlantic Trade and Investment Partnership – what, how and why?