E-Culture and collective management of creative rights
In collaboration with artists, business representatives and MEPs EUobserver hosted the 6th annual high level conference about artists’ online creative rights in Brussels on 27 November 2012.
The theme of the conference was the changes to Europe’s cultural landscape brought about by digital developments.
Read related articles below. And stay tuned for the next EUobserver event.
30.11.12 @ 17:33
The question of copyrights and the music industry was already old and vexed. The digital age, with the advent of millions of songs accessible at the click of a mouse, has added an extra layer.
03.12.12 @ 13:39
How can the rules for collective management of copyrights be adapted to the age of digital music? This was the key question at the EUobserver conference on E-Culture and collective management of creative rights.
News in Brief
- Greece can exit bailout, self-finance in 2015, says PM@ 17:55
- Ombudsman urges better supervision of senior EU officials@ 10:30
- Poland buys missiles from US amid Russia tensions@ 09:13
- EU agrees to state aid for new British nuclear plant@ 09:12
- S&P faces trial in Italy over financial manipulation@ 09:11
- Four million to study under new Erasmus programme22'nd @ 17:53
- French PM briefs Merkel on reforms22'nd @ 14:26
- EU commission says did not receive threat alert22'nd @ 12:35
- Ombudsman vows 'robust' action against EU secrecy@ 17:46
- OpinionCameron's logic calls for eurozone democracy@ 15:23
- FocusErasmus students find love and jobs, EU research finds@ 15:07
- OpinionRussia sanctions and the EU: What went wrong?@ 09:07
- OpinionThe rollback of transparency@ 09:07
- ECB ready to use more 'unconventional tools' to spur economy22'nd @ 18:07
- AnalysisFailure to launch: Is the ECB's tool-kit empty?22'nd @ 18:02
- FocusChronic Diseases22'nd @ 17:01
- EBF: Tax Conference reviews complexities of Common Reporting Standard
- Centre Maurits Coppieters: Conference on the Right to Decide: Catalonia, Scotland and beyond
- Centre Maurits Coppieters: Launches new study on Paradiplomacy
- EUFORES: Inter-Parliamentary Meeting on Renewable Energy: 10 -11 October, Lisbon
- EBF: European banks and Europol join forces to fight cybercrime
- MEP Dita Charanzová: Hearing on EU-Russia Sanctions: a new Trade Policy? 24/09, 13h.
- EMHRN: UN Commission on Syria recognises dangers facing human rights defenders
- EU-ASE: Business leaders push the Danish Government for ambitious energy savings
- Oxfam: Back to school
- CESI: Event: Working Time Directive – new term, new impetus? 25 September 2014, 1pm-3pm