E-Culture and collective management of creative rights
In collaboration with artists, business representatives and MEPs EUobserver hosted the 6th annual high level conference about artists’ online creative rights in Brussels on 27 November 2012.
The theme of the conference was the changes to Europe’s cultural landscape brought about by digital developments.
Read related articles below. And stay tuned for the next EUobserver event.
30.11.12 @ 17:33
The question of copyrights and the music industry was already old and vexed. The digital age, with the advent of millions of songs accessible at the click of a mouse, has added an extra layer.
03.12.12 @ 13:39
How can the rules for collective management of copyrights be adapted to the age of digital music? This was the key question at the EUobserver conference on E-Culture and collective management of creative rights.
News in Brief
- Experts arrive at Malaysia flight crash site in Ukraine@ 08:41
- Israel and Hamas agree to 72-hour ceasefire@ 08:40
- Convention on violence against women enters into force@ 08:38
- Italy nominates Mogherini for EU foreign policy post@ 08:22
- Report: Poland nominates Sikorski for EU commission31'st @ 21:54
- Human rights court fines Russia €1.8bn31'st @ 10:37
- Sweden nominates Malmstrom for commissioner post31'st @ 10:36
- Nato unprepared for Russia threat31'st @ 09:13
- EU hits Russia's largest banks, imposes arms embargo31'st @ 22:18
- Russia ordered to pay €1.8bn by human rights court31'st @ 17:22
- New EU commission risks delay over gender issue31'st @ 15:25
- Israeli attack on school in Gaza is 'outrageous', says UN31'st @ 09:30
- Russia threatens Europe with higher energy prices31'st @ 09:04
- EU blacklists three Putin 'cronies'30'th @ 21:59
- Ebola risk in Europe 'extremely low'30'th @ 19:17
- US joins EU on Russia economic sanctions30'th @ 09:28
- EEAS: Statement on the downing of Malaysia Airlines flight. In memoriam of Pim de Kuijer
- IFSBH: Join our new initiative: People United for Spina Bifida and Hydrocephalus!
- ACCA: Supports a coherent EU Single Market as to the balance of competences in the UK
- EIPA: Preparing for New EPSO Competitions: Luxembourg, 08 September 2014
- EIPA: Tools for Implementation of EU Policies at National Level. Luxembourg, 22-25/ 09/ 2014
- EPHA: 5th Annual Conference 4-5 September 2014, Brussels | Register before 31st July
- Centre Maurits Coppieters: Launches a new youtube channel
- ACCA: Implementing the New European Accounting Directive: Making the right choices
- UNESDA: Impact of food taxes on public health inconclusive and contradictory as per EC study
- European Federalist Party: Juncker is the 1st elected European Commission President