19.12.14 @ 09:01
Luxembourg on Thursday caved into pressure to give EU-anti trust regulators the details of tax deal schemes it has with multinational companies.
16.12.14 @ 10:45
16.12.14 @ 10:39
15.12.14 @ 18:46
15.12.14 @ 09:20
18.12.14 @ 22:29
EU leaders have called for a speedy setting up of the investment fund linked to Juncker's €315bn plan, but the EU parliament chief doubts it will be ready by June.
17.12.14 @ 09:20
The Irish parliament is opening a formal inquest into the banking crisis that forced the country into an EU bailout, but the ECB will not appear before deputies.
16.12.14 @ 09:29
Russia's central bank has shored up the rouble by raising the key interest rate from 10 to 17 percent, its biggest move since 1998.
18.12.14 @ 18:14
Russia’s economic turmoil could last at least two years, President Vladimir Putin said on Thursday (18 December).
16.12.14 @ 20:06
The European Commission will present guidelines in early 2015 explaining how much flexibility governments will be allowed to increase investment and still keep within the EU’s debt and deficit rules.
16.12.14 @ 09:28
On the day Belgian unions organised a national strike against public spending cuts, the IMF released a report saying the government reforms do not go far enough.
15.12.14 @ 16:42
The European Commission’s growth fund has been described as relying on a “big bet” and falling just short of “financial engineering” on its first ever promotional outing.
11.12.14 @ 15:10
The EU commission next year intends to combat tax evasion, deepen economic integration, and review GMO rules, while scrapping 80 other laws, a draft document says.
11.12.14 @ 09:21
The French government has announced economic reforms aimed at spurring growth and avoiding EU fines - thousands protested in Paris in response.
09.12.14 @ 22:20
Rising income inequality has cost European economies up to 10 percent in lost economic output over the past twenty years, according to a new report by the bloc's leading economic thinktank.
15.12.14 @ 09:09
Flights, trains, and buses all but grind to a halt in Belgium on Monday, as trade unions stage a general strike against public sector cuts linked to EU budget rules.
12.12.14 @ 09:28
France has made little progress in its attempts to boost competitiveness and restore the viability of its public finances, according to a new report by the European Commission.
10.12.14 @ 09:28
New VAT rules coming into force on 1 January to close a loophole worth billions of euros have left some businesses overwhelmed and "confused".
09.12.14 @ 20:46
EU states who were to have hosted Russia’s South Stream gas pipeline have begun looking for other ways to improve energy security.
News in Brief
- Bribery allegations mar Greek presidential vote19'th @ 14:14
- Russia seeks to jail top anti-corruption activist for 10 years19'th @ 14:13
- IMF holds back tranche for Cyprus19'th @ 09:04
- Tsipras wants to 'cancel austerity' if elected19'th @ 09:03
- Poroshenko calls on parliament to adopt bill on joining Nato19'th @ 09:03
- Italian president to step down19'th @ 09:03
- Poland warns of veto on UK migrant benefits cuts plan19'th @ 09:02
- Dutch coalition saved by deal on health bill19'th @ 01:27
- Tusk praised for 'short, concise' EU summit19'th @ 16:49
- Thousands protest in Brussels against EU-US trade ageement19'th @ 16:45
- Luxembourg caves in to EU tax listing demands19'th @ 09:01
- Merkel: EU strategy is to maintain Russia sanctions19'th @ 01:36
- TTIP by end of 2015, EU leaders pledge19'th @ 01:34
- EU leaders want 'urgent' action on investment fund18'th @ 22:29
- OpinionEU-Turkey ties will survive war of words18'th @ 21:07
- Court crushes EU plan to join human rights convention18'th @ 18:36
- Jan Philipp Albrecht: Study on Data Retention after the Judgement of the Court of Justice of the European Union
- Cecilia Wikström: EU Governments must come clean on CIA torture programme
- Tonino Picula: Georgia needs support of the European Union today!
- Michael Theurer: Noch mehr Schulden sind nicht der Ausweg aus der Schuldenfalle!
- Eva Paunova: Granted JA-YE and AmCham EU Youth Entrepreneurship Award
- Tonino Picula: The youngest European state deserves future in EU, I said to FMA after visiting Kosovo
- Eva Paunova: Meets US Chief negotiator on TTIP during diplomatic visit in Washington DC
- Jerzy Buzek: Congratulations to the town Kisielice for winning the EU 2014 ManagEnergy Award
- Victor Negrescu: S&D40 members meeting with the leader of the S&D Group, Gianni Pitella
- Jan Philipp Albrecht: Digital market/Google: MEPs fail to focus consumer rights and net neutrality
- Access Now: U.S. pushing to undermine net neutrality & privacy in major trade agreements
- Carbon Market Watch: Carbon offsets from Alberta’s tar sands jeopardize EU fuel rules
- Counter Balance: Juncker's investment offensive targets dodgy projects, new stories everyday
- EBF: Downward trend in bank robberies continues
- EBF: Adoption of fourth EU Anti-Money Laundering Directive
- COFACE: News - December 2014
- Oxfam: EU executives’ fixation with private sector compromises commitment to poor people
- Martens Centre: 5 reasons why the end of South Stream should mark the start of Energy Union
- Dialogue Platform: Calls for release of journalists detained in Turkey
- EMHRN: Egypt: Const. Committee Testify to Baselessness of Charges in Shura Council Case