21.11.14 @ 09:53
Details have emerged indicating that both the Dutch and German governments were preparing emergency plans for a return to their national currencies at the height of the euro crisis.
19.11.14 @ 09:06
18.11.14 @ 09:01
03.11.14 @ 09:05
16.10.14 @ 08:00
20.11.14 @ 15:14
The UK is set to lose its legal battle to overturn EU rules capping bank bonuses after a top legal officer in the European Court of Justice (ECJ) said London's case had "no legitimate grounds".
18.11.14 @ 09:29
A total of 170 new measures increasing trade protectionism were slapped on goods and services from the EU, according to new research.
17.11.14 @ 09:27
The eurozone is on the 'brink' of an unprecedented triple-dip recession, UK prime minister David Cameron warned that the as the weekend's G20 summit in Australia came to its conclusion on Sunday.
19.11.14 @ 11:23
An ambitious US free-trade deal will allow Europe to keep its place at the economic top-table, the bloc's new trade commissioner told MEPs on Tuesday.
17.11.14 @ 19:48
ECB chief Draghi has indicated that he is prepared for the bank to buy government bonds to ward off recession and deflation in the eurozone.
14.11.14 @ 17:25
Germany's economy has returned to growth, while Italy has slipped back into recession, according to third quarter-2014 EU data.
08.11.14 @ 12:46
Eleven EU finance ministers edged closer to agreeing a tax on financial transactions at a meeting on Friday (7 November).
07.11.14 @ 09:29
Germany has given the first hint that it is prepared to increase public investment to steer a return to economic growth after Angela Merkel's government pledged to invest an extra €10 billion by 2018.
06.11.14 @ 18:26
The EU commission will unveil plans to harmonise the bloc's capital markets in 2015 and reduce the reliance of Europe's businesses on bank lending.
06.11.14 @ 16:26
The ECB on Thursday formally made public a letter showing that the eurozone bank threatened to pull emergency bank funding if Ireland did not enter a bailout and undertake austerity measures in 2010.
07.11.14 @ 17:40
EU finance ministers have extended until September 2015 a deadline for contributions to the EU budget, given the "unusually" high corrections this year.
07.11.14 @ 09:25
EU finance ministers are meeting on Friday amid low expectations of clinching a deal that would allow the UK and the Netherlands to pay their outstanding bills to the EU budget in instalments.
06.11.14 @ 17:20
The Dutch tax system is favourable to multinationals, a new report has concluded on the same day as Luxemourg's tax haven was exposed.
05.11.14 @ 10:01
Hungarian PM Viktor Orban has reiterated his support for the Russian South Stream gas pipeline after parliament gave the green light to a law which paves the way for construction.
News in Brief
- Third bird flu case in the Netherlands21'st @ 16:26
- British Green party backs in/out EU referendum21'st @ 15:08
- UK shelves EU bank bonus challenge21'st @ 15:08
- Italian PM in Strasbourg next week21'st @ 13:49
- Entire commission to be present for Juncker censure21'st @ 13:05
- Orban: Hungary won't sacrifice economy over EU-Russia sanctions21'st @ 09:29
- German EU commissioner doubts French reform drive21'st @ 09:27
- Nato deployed jets 400 times in 201421'st @ 09:23
- OpinionFormer Israeli law chief urges EU parliament to help recognise Palestine21'st @ 18:12
- EU parliament to vote on Palestine statehood21'st @ 18:12
- German commissioner provokes French wrath21'st @ 18:11
- Netherlands to pay EU top-up bill this year21'st @ 16:34
- AgendaEU to unveil investment fund this WEEK21'st @ 16:19
- AnalysisRomania's Obama moment21'st @ 12:00
- Dutch had euro-exit plan at height of crisis21'st @ 09:53
- One year after Euromaidan: 13 people dying every day21'st @ 09:29
- Danuta Hübner: Awarded with The Legion of Honour for her contribution to EU integration
- Jerzy Buzek: Reindustrialisation & climate targets married via research on clean coal technologies
- Cecilia Wikström: Music video with her reflections regarding imprisoned journalist Dawit Isaak
- Jan Philip Albrecht: Study on Data Retention after the Judgement of the Court of Justice of the EU
- Michael Theurer: Dalligate II: Time to return to the facts and follow checks and balances
- Martina Dlabajová: Still no discharge for the Council from the Budgetary Control Committee
- Eva Paunova: Dinner debate on the digital single market – successes and challenges
- Victor Negrescu: The Next Generation Innovators
- China EU Mission: Ambassador Yang Yanyi: Asia-Pacific cooperation offers opportunities for Europe
- Caritas Europa: Europe 2020 will not deliver if dominated by economic drivers
- PlasticsEurope: Agreement on plastic bags: concern about negative effects on Internal Market
- Red Cross: Conference: Promoting Humanitarian Approach in the EU Migration Agenda
- World Vision: Where are the rights you promised us ?
- ACCA: 5th edition of the Ethics in Finance - Robin Cosgrove Prize, 28 January 2015, Brussels
- EPSU: LuxLeaks reveal something is rotten at the heart of Europe
- EJC: After massacre in Jerusalem, EJC calls to condition aid to Palestinians on stop incitement
- SUPERHUB: Main event: Smart Mobility in changing cities (Milan 26/11/2014)
- AEBIOM: Sustainable biomass backs European Economy, 03 December 2014