29.09.14 @ 18:50
The EU's likely next trade commissioner has signalled that controversial investor protection rules could ultimately be left out of a US free trade deal.
22.09.14 @ 18:02
22.09.14 @ 10:13
11.09.14 @ 09:29
01.09.14 @ 09:17
27.09.14 @ 09:19
The European Commission has played down suggestions that it had stripped the UK's commission candidate of responsibility for policing the EU's bank bonus rules, insisting that the decision had been taken before he was nominated.
22.09.14 @ 18:07
ECB chief Draghi has said he is prepared to use more unconventional measures to spur growth in the eurozone.
05.09.14 @ 20:28
European farmers hit by a Russian embargo on fruit, vegetables, dairy, and meat are likely to tap a €400 million EU emergency fund.
25.09.14 @ 18:25
Provisions allowing companies to sue governments to protect their investments must be taken out of an EU-Canada trade agreement, German chancellor Merkel's coalition partners have said.
11.09.14 @ 19:01
Mastercard has lost a legal battle with the European Commission over payment fees following a ruling by the EU court.
05.09.14 @ 09:28
The EU should establish a temporary investment fund capable of paying for infrastructure projects worth €700 billion Poland's finance minister has said.
05.09.14 @ 09:26
Now that the ECB has almost entirely emptied its toolbox, the pressing question is: will it help?
03.09.14 @ 17:59
EU ambassadors are holding talks on new Russia sanctions ideas - seen by EUobserver - including “action” to block its 2018 World Cup.
03.09.14 @ 09:33
Finland and Germany remain in the top five most competitive economies despite both slipping a spot each in global rankings of 144 countries compiled by the World Economic Forum.
28.08.14 @ 18:10
French leader Hollande has called for a summit on eurozone growth, warning that “Europe is threatened by a long and possibly interminable stagnation if we do nothing.”
04.09.14 @ 18:33
The European Central Bank has cut interest rates to a historic low and unveiled a raft of bond-buying programmes to stimulate lending, in a move that surprised financial markets and analysts.
03.09.14 @ 09:29
Finland would experience gas shortages if Russia cuts off exports for one month, while other EU countries would last between three to nine months without Russian gas, according to a German study.
02.09.14 @ 09:29
ECB chief Draghi is testing the mood of EU governments as he ponders whether to unleash a new wave of monetary stimulus to boost the eurozone's struggling economy.
25.08.14 @ 09:26
The European Central Bank is preparing to breathe life into the eurozone’s stagnant economy.
News in Brief
- EU urges Russia to release Lithuania fishing boat@ 19:22
- New EU health chief says no to chlorinated chicken and GMOs@ 17:52
- Cameron: 'I wouldn't be heartbroken if UK left EU'@ 17:46
- EU countries to maintain Russia sanctions@ 17:26
- Putin to visit EU-aspirant Serbia@ 13:38
- Lobbyists spend at least €99mn in EU capital@ 13:38
- Hong Kong rallies expected in European cities@ 13:37
- Malmstrom gets green light from EP trade committee@ 13:02
- New Austrian commissioner backs EU sanctions on Russia@ 20:12
- EU embassies should take asylum requests, new commissioner says@ 19:07
- French EU commissioner to share powers on national budgets@ 17:52
- OpinionNew EU commissioner needs to be more active on Roma@ 17:46
- Apple's tax deal illegal, EU commission tells Ireland@ 17:45
- AnalysisCould Putin's troops 'be in Warsaw in two days'?@ 11:18
- Oettinger's digital plans focus on better infrastructure@ 10:32
- Juncker defends lobby-friendly restructuring of commission services@ 09:29
- Oxfam: Ahead of TTIP, Europe seeks to expand pharma monopoly at expense of people
- EN.DELFI: Russian Soldiers - cheap and luckless
- EBF: Financial Integration Report highlights ongoing fragmentation
- ACCA: Evaluating the impact of IFRS in the EU
- Access: Document shows Commissioner Malmström secretly undermines data protection
- EN.DELFI: Putin forces West to choose between Ukraine and Middle East
- Swedish Enterprises: ECIPE demystifies investor-state dispute settlements in trade agreements
- Martens Centre: Building a Lifeline for Freedom - Eastern Partnership 2.0 Brussels, 07 October
- MEP Dita Charanzová: We need a new trade policy after Russian Sanctions