28.08.14 @ 18:10
French leader Hollande has called for a summit on eurozone growth, warning that “Europe is threatened by a long and possibly interminable stagnation if we do nothing.”
28.08.14 @ 16:29
22.08.14 @ 09:23
11.08.14 @ 09:19
28.07.14 @ 10:14
25.08.14 @ 09:26
The European Central Bank is preparing to breathe life into the eurozone’s stagnant economy.
20.08.14 @ 07:45
Poland has made a formal request that the EU take Russia before the World Trade Organisation (WTO) to overturn its ban on EU food and vegetables.
14.08.14 @ 19:17
France has all but abandoned a target to shrink its deficit, as the eurozone endured a turbulent day that raised the prospect of a triple-dip recession.
21.08.14 @ 09:27
Russia has said its ban on EU food imports will cost it “hundreds of billions of rubles”, while taking several items off the blacklist.
18.08.14 @ 17:29
The European Commission has set aside €125 million more for food exporters hurt by the Russia ban.
14.08.14 @ 19:12
Cauliflowers, cucumbers, mushrooms, peppers, and tomatoes are likely next in line for EU commission help on the Russia food ban.
14.08.14 @ 09:26
The eurozone economy is facing another slowdown after figures revealed that industrial output fell for a second successive month.
11.08.14 @ 18:20
EU officials will this week draw up a plan to compensate farmers if they are hit by Russia’s ban on food exports.
07.08.14 @ 09:24
Italy's economy slipped back into recession Wednesday, while Germany rebuffed French calls to do more for growth. Meanwhile there was relatively good news in bailed-out Ireland.
05.08.14 @ 09:29
Incoming European Commission President Jean-Claude Juncker on Monday said he did everything in his power to keep Greece within the eurozone during the height of the financial crisis.
13.08.14 @ 09:29
Fears that the eurozone’s recovery could stall have heightened after new German data indicated the bloc’s economic powerhouse is performing at its weakest level since 2012.
11.08.14 @ 09:29
Western leaders say Russia sanctions will escalate if it "invades" Ukraine under the guise of “humanitarian” aid, as EU food companies count the cost of Russia's import ban.
06.08.14 @ 17:53
The EU and Canada Tuesday reached agreement on a free trade pact which is likely to be a blueprint for a larger such deal with the US.
05.08.14 @ 09:25
French President Francois Hollande has said Germany should do more to support growth as his government struggles to bring its budget deficit to within the EU threshold.
News in Brief
- Putin told Barroso he could 'take Kiev in two weeks'1'st @ 18:58
- New EU foreign policy chief criticises Putin1'st @ 18:48
- Belgium only country not to have nominated EU commissioner1'st @ 12:40
- Berlin to accept Moscovici as economics commissioner: Report1'st @ 12:27
- German eurosceptic party enters state parliament after vote1'st @ 11:37
- Only one in four Norwegians support EU membership1'st @ 09:18
- Russia calls for 'ceasefire', 'statehood' in east Ukraine1'st @ 09:06
- Romania may send a female commissioner31'st @ 02:04
- Who is Tusk and what does he mean for the EU?1'st @ 18:44
- Cameron faces new EU referendum backlash1'st @ 09:22
- OpinionWhy America is recovering, but Europe is not - Part II1'st @ 09:17
- EU expert groups dominated by corporate interest, say NGOs1'st @ 09:09
- Who is Federica Mogherini?1'st @ 08:59
- EU leaders give Putin one-week deadline31'st @ 02:25
- EU leaders pick Tusk, Mogherini for top posts30'th @ 21:43
- Poroshenko: EU likely to hold off on Russia sanctions30'th @ 14:41
- EUA: EU 2015 Budget negotiations: EUA warns against making cuts to research payments
- EPSU: New Commission must end corporate dominance of EU expert groups
- Martens Centre: Register now for the event “A Changing Eastern Neighbourhood”
- Martens Centre: Register now for event on 9 Sept: Banking and Monetary Union 2014-2019
- EuFoA: Tension rises in Nagorno-Karabakh as ceasefire negotiations are underway
- ACCA: Supports a coherent EU Single Market as to the balance of competences in the UK
- EIPA: Preparing for New EPSO Competitions: Luxembourg, 08 September 2014
- EIPA: Tools for Implementation of EU Policies at National Level. Luxembourg, 22-25/ 09/ 2014
- EPHA: 5th Annual Conference 4-5 September 2014, Brussels
- Centre Maurits Coppieters: Launches a new youtube channel