23.04.14 @ 17:38
Cash-strapped Greece recorded its first primary budget surplus in a generation last year, according to data released by Eurostat on Wednesday.
11.03.14 @ 08:36
22.11.13 @ 17:37
16.04.14 @ 09:21
MEPs on Tuesday signed off on the creation of a new authority and fund for failing banks – a missing element to the so-called banking union aimed at minimising the public cost of future financial crises.
11.04.14 @ 09:26
German Chancellor Angela Merkel is visiting Athens on Friday in a show of support for the Greek government after its successful return to the bond markets.
10.04.14 @ 09:07
Company shareholders would have a legally binding 'say on pay' under a new proposal by the European Commission published Wednesday.
16.04.14 @ 09:14
Over two-dozen regions throughout the Union have an unemployment rate twice the EU average.
10.04.14 @ 17:46
Putin has threatened to cut off gas to Ukraine unless it starts repaying a huge debt and unless the EU agrees to joint talks on its future.
09.04.14 @ 19:59
New proposals to phase out subsidies for renewable energy producers have met with accusations of a "corporate capture" of EU policymaking.
07.04.14 @ 17:25
French finance minister Michel Sapin on his first trip to Berlin gathered support for more reforms and budget cuts, but was referred to the EU commission on a deficit deadline postponement.
03.04.14 @ 18:15
The European Central Bank over the next months will consider various options of 'quantitative easing' - also known as money printing - to counter the risk of deflation.
28.03.14 @ 10:01
Tapping pension funds and encouraging online crowd funding are at the heart of plans unveiled by the European Commission to kickstart business investment.
27.03.14 @ 19:45
The European Commission has launched a public consultation on controversial rules for payment of compensation to investors when laws change in society.
04.04.14 @ 18:33
Stone-throwing protesters prompted a “lock-down” at the US embassy in Brussels Friday, as the US ambassador briefed press on free trade.
01.04.14 @ 10:01
The EU treaties and democratic constraints block the way to establishing a fund to pool eurozone debt, according to a European Commission report released Monday.
28.03.14 @ 09:50
The German finance minister has said discussions on revising the treaty to secure the eurozone's architecture will begin after the May EU elections.
25.03.14 @ 09:28
The Czech government has agreed to adopt the EU's fiscal pact, as centre-left PM Bohuslav Sobotka continues to tread a more pro-EU path.
News in Brief
- Eurozone deficit rates fall within 3 percent EU limit23'rd @ 17:31
- Schultz most tweeted commission candidate in April23'rd @ 17:30
- UKIP's poll ratings unaffected by bad press23'rd @ 10:39
- Wilders' right-hand man resigns23'rd @ 09:15
- French leader to table €50 billion savings package23'rd @ 09:00
- Syriza drops Roma candidate from European Parliament race23'rd @ 08:59
- Greece plans lower corporate tax to spur growth23'rd @ 08:58
- Finland signs Nato assistance deal23'rd @ 08:58
- Greek records first surplus as EU moves closer to balanced budgets23'rd @ 17:38
- OpinionEU and Ukraine: too busy to protect gay rights?23'rd @ 14:14
- EU ElectionsEU elections may strengthen Putin in Europe23'rd @ 09:29
- Italian right calls for end to migrant rescue programme23'rd @ 09:29
- US to send 600 troops to Baltics, Poland amid Ukraine tensions23'rd @ 09:16
- EU ElectionsStudents should vote for pro-Erasmus MEPs23'rd @ 09:03
- OpinionWhere next after the Hungarian election?22'nd @ 16:37
- Time for EU energy union, says Polish PM22'nd @ 10:54
- TNS Opinion: David Cameron takes the lead on Twitter
- ACCA: European Parliament backs non financial reporting deals
- CESI: TTIP: Fears of the Unknown, Registration for CESI@noon lunch debate on Mon 28th April
- ThinkYoung: We want to listen your opinion on youth unemployment & skills mismatch
- EIPA: Summer School on EU law & its Implementation, Luxembourg, 30/06 until 11/07
- EIPA: The Infringement Procedure under Articles 258 & 260 TFEU - Luxembourg 19-20/06/14
- ACCA: New rules to improve shareholder engagement and corporate governance reporting
- European Youth Forum: Open letter to EU bodies, MS and CoE on the situation in Ukraine
- Oxfam: European overseas aid slightly increases but lags behind global trend
- EUA: Changing Landscapes in Learning and Teaching’: Report from the Annual Conference