Today @ 18:35
The EU lodged its fourth formal complaint against Russia to the World Trade Organisation (WTO) on Friday in the latest round of the trade battle between the two blocs.
16.10.14 @ 08:00
22.09.14 @ 18:02
22.09.14 @ 10:13
11.09.14 @ 09:29
Today @ 08:22
A combination of lax rules and no-questions-asked policy means that money from the European Investment Bank, the EU's longterm lending institution, is flowing to tax havens. An Egyptian case study shows how this happens.
29.10.14 @ 08:57
In its last major political act before it steps down at the end of the week, the current EU commission has given the provisional all-clear to each of the 18 eurozone budgets.
27.10.14 @ 09:26
Juncker's €300bn-strong investment plan is laying the ground for a fiscal union although no one dares call it such, according to a top EU official.
Today @ 08:03
As Jose Manuel Barroso steps down as European Commission President, one of his few left-wing colleagues says that he was unfairly labelled as an austerity ideologue during his time in office.
27.10.14 @ 09:29
One in five EU banks would be unable to cope if another financial crisis hit the bloc, according to the European Central Bank.
24.10.14 @ 20:09
ECB chief Draghi has warned eurozone leaders of recession unless they agree a "concrete timetable" for reforms and spur investments.
24.10.14 @ 16:16
UK PM Cameron vowed to oppose "in every way possible" an extra €2.1 billion EU budget bill, in a which row dominated the second day of a summit in Brussels.
22.10.14 @ 19:55
TThe EU's rules on debts and deficits will not be re-written, Juncker told MEPs in his first speech as European Commission president.
21.10.14 @ 18:01
Budget deficits in the EU were within the limits set out in the bloc's stability pact in 2013 thanks to changes to accounting rules.
16.10.14 @ 16:52
The eurozone appears to have come back onto the markets' radar amid, low inflation, bad economic news from Germany and Greece's bailout exit plans.
23.10.14 @ 15:32
European Commission president Barroso has hit out at Italy for publishing a letter the commission sent asking Rome to justify its budget for 2015.
22.10.14 @ 09:29
Europe's biggest banks will foot almost all of the bill for a new EU rescue fund for stricken lenders, according to a plan published on Tuesday.
17.10.14 @ 09:23
Eurostat is set to publish figures on Friday showing that the bloc's GDP has grown by nearly 2.5 percent.
15.10.14 @ 18:57
The EU's banking watchdog is poised to close a loophole allowing banks to use special allowances to get round rules on bonus payments.
News in Brief
- Dutch research team finds human remains at MH17 crash site@ 18:29
- EU unemployment rate unchanged in September@ 17:52
- UK's EU contribution up €3.5 billion in 2013@ 17:52
- German autobahn toll set to be introduced in 2016@ 14:39
- Frontex-led operation Triton has enough money for 2 months@ 14:35
- Eurozone inflation rate marginally up@ 13:54
- Report: EU mission in Kosovo passed information to Serbian spies@ 13:16
- Orban retreats from internet tax plan after protests@ 09:34
- Whistleblower urges external probe into EU mission in Kosovo@ 19:13
- 'Better than Belgium', or the long goodbye@ 19:09
- AgendaJuncker commission starts this WEEK@ 18:39
- EU lodges new WTO protest against Russia@ 18:35
- OpinionJailing Iran’s Internet, one user at a time@ 10:55
- 'No one to stay cold', as Russia and Ukraine clinch winter gas deal@ 09:29
- EU promotes consumption of meat and milk@ 09:27
- InvestigationEurope’s tax haven investments in Africa@ 08:22
- Counter Balance: Ombudsman: EIB weakens EU to strengthen rule of law in Bosnia-Herzegovina
- EBF: The new EU Financial Reporting Advisory Group Board marks new milestone in governance
- EuropeanIssuers & FESE: European Small and Mid-Cap Awards - 26th November 2014
- EN.DELFI: Editor: Our readers understand that Russia is not joking
- European Jewish Congress: Sweden recognition of Palestinian State adds fuel to Middle East
- EFA: Catalonia decides on 9N ! Support EFA campaign for democracy and freedom.
- European SchoolNet: Europe needs to boost the E-skills to tap the job creation potential of ICT
- European SchoolNet: European government agencies & industry combine to combat bullying
- EIPA: European Union Civil Service Law, Brussels, 27-28 November 2014
- EGBA: Want to know how the EU online betting industry fights match-fixing?