05.03.14 @ 09:30
The EU commission will officially agree to offer Ukraine €1.1 billion in emergency aid on Thursday, part of which will help to pay for Russian gas.
22.11.13 @ 17:37
29.10.13 @ 09:00
04.03.14 @ 19:28
The EU commission has published rules to help identify risk-taking bankers amid efforts to stop banks beating a bonus cap.
28.02.14 @ 19:41
The 'honeymoon phase' of talks aimed at brokering a landmark EU-US trade deal are over, business leaders have warned.
28.02.14 @ 09:20
Home to the largest financial sector in the EU, Inner London is the bloc's richest region. Luxembourg, another financial powerhouse is second, followed by the EU capital, Brussels.
04.03.14 @ 09:18
The ECB is monitoring the possible economic effects of the Ukraine-Russia crisis, Draghi told EU lawmakers on Monday.
28.02.14 @ 10:37
EU leaders must address rising energy prices and climate policies which are crippling the bloc's manufacturing sector, 137 CEOs have warned.
25.02.14 @ 18:22
The EU's economic recovery will gather speed in 2014 and 2015, the EU commission has said, indicating that the worst of the economic storm which hit Europe is over.
25.02.14 @ 10:01
MEPs investigating the troika of lenders in bailout countries have said it was marred by conflicts of interest, but a better model could take years to create.
18.02.14 @ 09:29
Germany is on collision course with the EU commission over subsidies to energy-intensive industries, which Brussels says run counter to EU goals on greener sources.
17.02.14 @ 09:54
EU-Swiss talks on EU-funded research and education programmes have been suspended following Bern's refusal to sign a reciprocal work permit deal with Croatia.
12.02.14 @ 10:00
Failure to appreciate the scale of Europe's banking crisis led to the most significant economic forecasting errors since the oil crisis in the 1970s, the OECD has said.
21.02.14 @ 09:24
MEPs have backed plans to cap card payment fees charged to shops by credit card giants Mastercard and Visa in a move aimed at saving €6 billion per year.
18.02.14 @ 09:10
Creditors will return to Athens later this week in a bid to conclude the latest review of the country's €240 billion bailout.
14.02.14 @ 17:10
Without knowing, European consumers pay billions of euros too much for their goods because of a malfunctioning market for payments in Europe.
07.02.14 @ 16:39
The German constitutional court has said the ECB overstepped its mandate when promising to buy as many government bonds as necessary to stabilise the euro, but it referred the verdict to the EU's top judges.
News in Brief
- Juncker elected EPP's top candidate for commission presidency7'th @ 16:01
- Ten EU countries want Ukraine mission7'th @ 13:40
- Centre-right group adopts election manifesto7'th @ 13:04
- Centre-right leaders say Ukraine has a shot at EU membership7'th @ 13:03
- Russian ambassador pours scorn on EU 'freezes'7'th @ 10:27
- Cuba accepts offer to restore EU relations7'th @ 09:23
- Spain spends millions to keep immigrants out7'th @ 09:23
- Erdogan threatens to ban YouTube and Facebook7'th @ 09:22
- EU ElectionsJuncker elected centre-right's top EU candidate7'th @ 19:12
- Edward Snowden wants asylum in EU7'th @ 19:04
- OpinionOn 'doing' Ukraine7'th @ 18:38
- Centre-right leaders give Ukraine hope of EU membership7'th @ 17:56
- Stiglitz: ECB should scrap inflation targets7'th @ 09:34
- Transparency group pushes for stronger whistleblower laws7'th @ 09:28
- 'Putin will go as far as the West allows him to'7'th @ 09:19
- EU ElectionsAustrian far-right set for strong showing in EU vote7'th @ 08:58
- COFACE: and COFACE-Disability on the occasion of International Women’s Day
- Irradiare: EU workshop on biomethane – markets, value chains and applications
- Counter Balance: Take a virtual lobby tour through the heart of the EU
- EMHRN: International Women’s Day: Violence rises, impunity prevails
- EuFoA: Latest paper "EU-Armenia relations: future developments & prospects" published
- Greenpeace: EU energy ministers should get back in the saddle on climate & energy policy
- SUPERHUB: Join us at CeBIT 2014 Hannover the largest fair showcasing IT and telecom solutions
- COFACE: Less than 100 days to go to #EP2014. Need more info ? Sign up for #FamiliesVOTE2014
- EMHRN: Syrian Rights Groups to the Human Rights Council: Stop Violence against Women in Syria!
- EIPA: Efficiency and Quality of Justice Luxembourg, 27-28 March 2014