11.09.14 @ 19:01
Mastercard has lost a legal battle with the European Commission over payment fees following a ruling by the EU court.
11.09.14 @ 09:29
01.09.14 @ 09:17
28.08.14 @ 16:29
22.08.14 @ 09:23
05.09.14 @ 20:28
European farmers hit by a Russian embargo on fruit, vegetables, dairy, and meat are likely to tap a €400 million EU emergency fund.
05.09.14 @ 09:26
Now that the ECB has almost entirely emptied its toolbox, the pressing question is: will it help?
03.09.14 @ 17:59
EU ambassadors are holding talks on new Russia sanctions ideas - seen by EUobserver - including “action” to block its 2018 World Cup.
05.09.14 @ 09:28
The EU should establish a temporary investment fund capable of paying for infrastructure projects worth €700 billion Poland's finance minister has said.
04.09.14 @ 18:33
The European Central Bank has cut interest rates to a historic low and unveiled a raft of bond-buying programmes to stimulate lending, in a move that surprised financial markets and analysts.
03.09.14 @ 09:29
Finland would experience gas shortages if Russia cuts off exports for one month, while other EU countries would last between three to nine months without Russian gas, according to a German study.
03.09.14 @ 09:33
Finland and Germany remain in the top five most competitive economies despite both slipping a spot each in global rankings of 144 countries compiled by the World Economic Forum.
28.08.14 @ 18:10
French leader Hollande has called for a summit on eurozone growth, warning that “Europe is threatened by a long and possibly interminable stagnation if we do nothing.”
21.08.14 @ 09:27
Russia has said its ban on EU food imports will cost it “hundreds of billions of rubles”, while taking several items off the blacklist.
18.08.14 @ 17:29
The European Commission has set aside €125 million more for food exporters hurt by the Russia ban.
02.09.14 @ 09:29
ECB chief Draghi is testing the mood of EU governments as he ponders whether to unleash a new wave of monetary stimulus to boost the eurozone's struggling economy.
25.08.14 @ 09:26
The European Central Bank is preparing to breathe life into the eurozone’s stagnant economy.
20.08.14 @ 07:45
Poland has made a formal request that the EU take Russia before the World Trade Organisation (WTO) to overturn its ban on EU food and vegetables.
14.08.14 @ 19:17
France has all but abandoned a target to shrink its deficit, as the eurozone endured a turbulent day that raised the prospect of a triple-dip recession.
News in Brief
- Couple arrested over EU commission terror plot@ 00:47
- EU and Russia to hold new gas talks19'th @ 21:08
- Scottish leader Salmond to resign19'th @ 19:29
- Catalonia sticks to referendum plan after Scottish No19'th @ 13:28
- EU's 'Eastern Partnership' ministers stepping aside19'th @ 11:13
- EU welcomes Scottish vote outcome19'th @ 10:52
- Russian jets violate Swedish airspace19'th @ 09:59
- Russia complains of Lithuania 'provocations'19'th @ 09:59
- AgendaBad banks and better loans on the agenda this WEEK21'st @ 19:14
- Catalonia to press ahead with referendum after Scottish No19'th @ 16:06
- OpinionScotland's referendum - nothing and everything changes19'th @ 15:04
- Cameron promises more devolution across UK19'th @ 09:32
- Ukraine says Europe at risk of 'terrible war'19'th @ 09:30
- Scotland chooses to stay in UK19'th @ 07:10
- Voting under way in Scottish independence referendum18'th @ 09:29
- Finnish PM faces backlash over Russia nuclear plant18'th @ 09:28
- MEP Dita Charanzová: Hearing on EU-Russia Sanctions: Need for a new Trade Policy? 24 Sept - 13h00 P1A002
- EMHRN: UN Commission on Syria recognises dangers facing human rights defenders
- EU-ASE: Business leaders push the Danish Government for ambitious energy savings
- Oxfam: Back to school
- CESI: Event: Working Time Directive – new term, new impetus? 25 September 2014, 1pm-3pm
- Martens Centre: Economic Ideas Forum 2014, 16-17 Oct in Bratislava, register now!
- EBF: Tax Conference to review G20 talks on Automatic Exchange
- EuFoA: Basque Parliament recognizes Nagorno-Karabakh self-determination
- Europeche: EU fishing sector demands responsible and committed future Commissioner
- Eurocommerce: ECJ judgment on MasterCard: a great victory for EU consumers & retailers