28.07.14 @ 18:04
The Danish and German economies have benefited most among EU countries from the expansion of the bloc's single market between 1992-2012, a study shows.
28.07.14 @ 10:14
23.06.14 @ 10:15
04.06.14 @ 18:39
04.06.14 @ 07:53
28.07.14 @ 09:49
The economic impact of 'stage three' sanctions is projected to cost the EU €40bn this year and €50bn in 2015.
25.07.14 @ 16:57
Europeans feel a bit more positive about the EU than they did late year, a new survey shows, while the French are among the most pessimistic about their economic future.
23.07.14 @ 09:16
Two separate reports by the US central bank and the Senate have criticised Deutsche Bank for having internal irregularities and for helping investment funds to avoid taxes.
28.07.14 @ 09:28
Germany's constitutional court is once again to be a testing ground for the eurozone's reponse to the financial crisis as a group of academics has filed a case arguing that the banking union is illegal.
23.07.14 @ 17:26
The EU commission has tabled a plan to increase the bloc's overall energy efficiency, but it watered it down amid fears of Russian gas supplies being cut in the ongoing Ukraine crisis.
21.07.14 @ 09:22
Germany and France are locked in a tussle about who should be the next EU economic affairs commissioner, a decision that will send a key symbolic message.
15.07.14 @ 09:27
ECB boss Mario Draghi urged EU leaders not to meddle with the bloc's rules on debt and deficits on Monday, warning that it could turn the tide on much needed economic reforms.
12.07.14 @ 18:48
The EU commission has launched a probe into whether the Spanish region of Valencia is guilty of the first case of statistical fraud since the Greek crisis in 2009.
10.07.14 @ 11:04
The EU’s bailout fund has moved closer to being able to directly pump money into troubled banks after the German government introduced a bill allowing direct bank recapitalisation.
09.07.14 @ 09:27
The EU wants the US to lift its restrictions on exporting gas and crude oil as part of ongoing trade talks, according to a leaked Commission document.
13.07.14 @ 15:07
Market fundamentalists are testing something even more dangerous than privatisation of public goods in Greece; public workers now face arrest for being on strike.
10.07.14 @ 19:13
The Italian EU presidency has backed a controversial Russian pipeline, South Stream, which would circumvent Ukraine to bring gas to south-east Europe.
10.07.14 @ 09:29
Brazil, Russia, India, China and South Africa are to establish alternatives to the World Bank and the IMF, which they find too biased towards Europe and the US.
08.07.14 @ 19:10
It is a sign that the European economy is no longer in crisis-territory that tax cuts rather than bailouts dominated Monday’s meeting of Eurozone finance ministers.
News in Brief
- Report: Poland nominates Sikorski for EU commission@ 21:54
- Human rights court fines Russia €1.8bn@ 10:37
- Sweden nominates Malmstrom for commissioner post@ 10:36
- Nato unprepared for Russia threat@ 09:13
- Juncker considers creating financial services post@ 09:13
- Portuguese bank reports €3.6bn loss@ 09:13
- Hungary nominates foreign minister for commissioner post30'th @ 19:22
- Nato: Over 12,000 Russian troops on Ukraine border30'th @ 18:30
- EU hits Russia's largest banks, imposes arms embargo@ 22:18
- Russia ordered to pay €1.8bn by human rights court@ 17:22
- New EU commission risks delay over gender issue@ 15:25
- Israeli attack on school in Gaza is 'outrageous', says UN@ 09:30
- Russia threatens Europe with higher energy prices@ 09:04
- EU blacklists three Putin 'cronies'30'th @ 21:59
- Ebola risk in Europe 'extremely low'30'th @ 19:17
- US joins EU on Russia economic sanctions30'th @ 09:28
- EEAS: Statement on the downing of Malaysia Airlines flight. In memoriam of Pim de Kuijer
- IFSBH: Join our new initiative: People United for Spina Bifida and Hydrocephalus!
- ACCA: Supports a coherent EU Single Market as to the balance of competences in the UK
- EIPA: Preparing for New EPSO Competitions: Luxembourg, 08 September 2014
- EIPA: Tools for Implementation of EU Policies at National Level. Luxembourg, 22-25/ 09/ 2014
- EPHA: 5th Annual Conference 4-5 September 2014, Brussels | Register before 31st July
- Centre Maurits Coppieters: Launches a new youtube channel
- ACCA: Implementing the New European Accounting Directive: Making the right choices
- UNESDA: Impact of food taxes on public health inconclusive and contradictory as per EC study
- European Federalist Party: Juncker is the 1st elected European Commission President