03.12.13 @ 17:16
EU 15-year olds have made slight improvements in reading, science and maths skills, but Estonian students are well ahead on EU targets.
06.11.13 @ 09:37
Spain’s sudden decision to cut Erasmus scholarships in the middle of the academic year sparked outrage among Spanish students and some members of government.
10.09.13 @ 09:29
British universities rank in the world's top 10, while Swiss, French, Danish and German ones are in the top 50, a new survey says.
18.06.13 @ 19:00
Europe should help set up a teacher training academy to help counter the "embarrassing disappointment" that makes up much of teaching in the continent's universities, a new report says.
08.10.13 @ 16:30
Policy-makers are hoping a first-ever assessment of education standards across the EU will "scare the dickens" out of politicians.
09.07.13 @ 09:28
The EU's student exchange scheme, Erasmus has reached its 3 millionth participant since the programme was set up decades ago.
03.06.13 @ 17:19
Developers of a new game hope to spice up the geeky reputation of computer science - a subject that gets too little attention in EU schools.
22.05.13 @ 09:25
A school in a deprived part of a northern England town has seen its grades soar after giving every pupil an iPod and every teacher a tablet.
12.03.13 @ 08:59
Leading academics across Europe are signing an online petition to support the European Commission’s draft data protection regulation in protest at industry lobbying to weaken it.
15.11.12 @ 09:30
Young people are more likely to consider themselves as "European," according to an analysis released on Wednesday.
16.01.13 @ 18:23
MEPs and EU officials have urged member states to "guarantee" jobs or schooling for unemployed under 25s.
24.04.13 @ 08:26
Grandparents are being roped into help, companies are turning themselves into temporary creches and employees are being forced to take leave as Denmark enters its fourth week of a teacher lock-out.
30.01.13 @ 17:47
European Commission President Jose Manuel Barroso has put further pressure on governments to create a pan-European youth guarantee scheme to tackle record levels of youth unemployment.
03.10.12 @ 17:27
The commission will present an emergency budget proposal within weeks in a bid to ensure that the Erasmus student programme can continue to pay grants.
11.09.12 @ 09:21
The UK hosts all the "world class" universities in Europe according to a fresh study, with the US top overall and French and German schools far behind.
News in Brief
- Austria agrees old-model coalition government
- Energy ministers draw blank on biofuels deal
- MEPs to debate Malta sale of EU citizenship
- Spanish government threatens to block Catalan referendum
- Slovenian banks need €4.76bn recapitalisation
- Conservative MEPs against Snowden video appearance: report
- Latvia prepares for euro despite no government
- Greek unemployment nears record high
- US and UK stop non-lethal aid to Syria rebel groups
- Eleven states to review financial tax plans
- European universities in world's top 100
- EU youth unemployment is 'social emergency'
- Academics line up to defend EU data protection law
- Danish children enter fourth week of no school
- EU's young people lag behind on maths target
- Spanish government under fire over Erasmus cuts
- A technology revolution at school
- MEPs warn of 'lost generation' of jobless youth
- Education report to 'scare' EU ministers into action
- Poorly-educated worst off in economic crisis
- EU court grants welfare rights to same-sex partners12'th @ 18:40
- British MEPs fail to stop Snowden video12'th @ 17:23
- Luxembourg still EU's wealthiest, figures show12'th @ 17:00
- EU lawmakers reach agreement on bank rescue rules12'th @ 09:28
- Ashton casts doubt on Yanukovych promises12'th @ 08:47
- EU pays salaries of phantom workers in Palestine11'th @ 10:20
- Ministers edge toward bank resolution deal after marathon talks11'th @ 09:29
- Ukraine police attack protesters under Ashton's nose11'th @ 09:28
- Romanian MPs decriminalise political corruption11'th @ 09:05
- OpinionCities show leadership on Roma inclusion11'th @ 09:00
- EMHRN: Report on the Gezi Park Protest in Turkey and its repression
- Think Young, CES & MEP Zalba: Register for the campaign Fail2Succeed: 18/12, EP
- EERA: The Horizon is set for 2020: time for research & innovation to deliver
- EMHRN: Human Rights Day: govs stripping away freedom of assembly ?
- EIPA: Seminar: EU Law for Non-Lawyers, Luxembourg, 24-26/02/14
- EIPA: EU Environmental Law for Non-Lawyers, Luxembourg, 30-31/01/14
- EFA: Book on Minimum Standards of Care for COPD patients in the EU
- Counter Balance: Natural Capital: a fairytale with an unhappy ending
- Oxfam: Leaked EU document proves financial transaction tax is legal
- Birdlife: Wind farms: new report shows how to reduce environmental impact
- How the EU is losing its entire neighbourhoodInside Arab Spring
- After Vilnius: tough year aheadNeighbourhood
- What happened to the EU2020 strategy?Progressive Change
- This is a very dead horse - stop floggingAnother Look
- Facebook isn't our friendExposing Corporate Europe
- Moscow Never SleepsBelarus Reloaded
- The trouble with Europe’s big thinking? Europe’s big states.Super Commuter
- Don´t take their word for itAnother Look
- Eurasian Union's problem with Russian nationalismNeighbourhood
- COP 19: Walking about Warsaw in circlesGlobal challenges