10.07.14 @ 19:14
The EU’s student exchange programme Erasmus funded the studies of nearly 270,000 students in 2012/3, a record 15,000 more than previous year, the European Commission said on Thursday (10 July).
23.05.14 @ 09:22
20.05.14 @ 10:13
23.04.14 @ 09:03
10.09.13 @ 09:29
03.12.13 @ 17:16
EU 15-year olds have made slight improvements in reading, science and maths skills, but Estonian students are well ahead on EU targets.
08.10.13 @ 16:30
Policy-makers are hoping a first-ever assessment of education standards across the EU will "scare the dickens" out of politicians.
03.06.13 @ 17:19
Developers of a new game hope to spice up the geeky reputation of computer science - a subject that gets too little attention in EU schools.
06.11.13 @ 09:37
Spain’s sudden decision to cut Erasmus scholarships in the middle of the academic year sparked outrage among Spanish students and some members of government.
09.07.13 @ 09:28
The EU's student exchange scheme, Erasmus has reached its 3 millionth participant since the programme was set up decades ago.
22.05.13 @ 09:25
A school in a deprived part of a northern England town has seen its grades soar after giving every pupil an iPod and every teacher a tablet.
25.06.13 @ 23:54
People with good quality education have weathered the economic crisis much better than those with only basic qualifications, a new study shows.
12.03.13 @ 08:59
Leading academics across Europe are signing an online petition to support the European Commission’s draft data protection regulation in protest at industry lobbying to weaken it.
15.11.12 @ 09:30
Young people are more likely to consider themselves as "European," according to an analysis released on Wednesday.
16.01.13 @ 18:23
MEPs and EU officials have urged member states to "guarantee" jobs or schooling for unemployed under 25s.
24.04.13 @ 08:26
Grandparents are being roped into help, companies are turning themselves into temporary creches and employees are being forced to take leave as Denmark enters its fourth week of a teacher lock-out.
30.01.13 @ 17:47
European Commission President Jose Manuel Barroso has put further pressure on governments to create a pan-European youth guarantee scheme to tackle record levels of youth unemployment.
03.10.12 @ 17:27
The commission will present an emergency budget proposal within weeks in a bid to ensure that the Erasmus student programme can continue to pay grants.
11.09.12 @ 09:21
The UK hosts all the "world class" universities in Europe according to a fresh study, with the US top overall and French and German schools far behind.
News in Brief
- Swiss economy flatlines@ 16:36
- Scotland independence vote narrows@ 08:44
- EU draft report critical of Turkey@ 08:43
- Eurozone manufacturing hits 13-month low@ 08:34
- Greek troika talks in Paris@ 08:32
- Swedish anti-immigrant party set for big gains@ 08:31
- Putin told Barroso he could 'take Kiev in two weeks'1'st @ 18:58
- New EU foreign policy chief criticises Putin1'st @ 18:48
- Mogherini backs Western Balkan enlargement@ 20:29
- France wants to create new EU migration post@ 16:34
- Juncker starts interviews for new EU commission@ 13:41
- Berlin-Paris tensions re-emerge as ECB ponders stimulus@ 09:29
- New EU appointees speak out against Russia@ 09:24
- Who is Tusk and what does he mean for the EU?1'st @ 18:44
- Cameron faces new EU referendum backlash1'st @ 09:22
- OpinionWhy America is recovering, but Europe is not - Part II1'st @ 09:17
- Counter Balance: Azerbaijan political prisoners list published with reports authors on it
- Centre Maurits Coppieters: Dinner-debate on Iraq’s Kurdistan and prospects for Peace
- EUA: EU 2015 Budget negotiations: EUA warns against making cuts to research payments
- EPSU: New Commission must end corporate dominance of EU expert groups
- Martens Centre: Register now for the event “A Changing Eastern Neighbourhood”
- Martens Centre: Register now for event on 9 Sept: Banking and Monetary Union 2014-2019
- EuFoA: Tension rises in Nagorno-Karabakh as ceasefire negotiations are underway
- ACCA: Supports a coherent EU Single Market as to the balance of competences in the UK
- EIPA: Preparing for New EPSO Competitions: Luxembourg, 08 September 2014
- EIPA: Tools for Implementation of EU Policies at National Level. Luxembourg, 22-25/ 09/ 2014