17.09.14 @ 09:20
American and British universities continue to dominate in the global rankings with the next best faculty in a EU member state trailing a distant 24.
23.05.14 @ 09:22
20.05.14 @ 10:13
23.04.14 @ 09:03
10.09.13 @ 09:29
09.09.14 @ 18:55
One in every three young Europeans has a higher level of education than their parents, according to new research.
03.12.13 @ 17:16
EU 15-year olds have made slight improvements in reading, science and maths skills, but Estonian students are well ahead on EU targets.
08.10.13 @ 16:30
Policy-makers are hoping a first-ever assessment of education standards across the EU will "scare the dickens" out of politicians.
10.07.14 @ 19:14
The EU’s student exchange programme Erasmus funded the studies of nearly 270,000 students in 2012/3, a record 15,000 more than previous year, the European Commission said on Thursday (10 July).
06.11.13 @ 09:37
Spain’s sudden decision to cut Erasmus scholarships in the middle of the academic year sparked outrage among Spanish students and some members of government.
09.07.13 @ 09:28
The EU's student exchange scheme, Erasmus has reached its 3 millionth participant since the programme was set up decades ago.
03.06.13 @ 17:19
Developers of a new game hope to spice up the geeky reputation of computer science - a subject that gets too little attention in EU schools.
25.06.13 @ 23:54
People with good quality education have weathered the economic crisis much better than those with only basic qualifications, a new study shows.
12.03.13 @ 08:59
Leading academics across Europe are signing an online petition to support the European Commission’s draft data protection regulation in protest at industry lobbying to weaken it.
15.11.12 @ 09:30
Young people are more likely to consider themselves as "European," according to an analysis released on Wednesday.
22.05.13 @ 09:25
A school in a deprived part of a northern England town has seen its grades soar after giving every pupil an iPod and every teacher a tablet.
24.04.13 @ 08:26
Grandparents are being roped into help, companies are turning themselves into temporary creches and employees are being forced to take leave as Denmark enters its fourth week of a teacher lock-out.
30.01.13 @ 17:47
European Commission President Jose Manuel Barroso has put further pressure on governments to create a pan-European youth guarantee scheme to tackle record levels of youth unemployment.
03.10.12 @ 17:27
The commission will present an emergency budget proposal within weeks in a bid to ensure that the Erasmus student programme can continue to pay grants.
News in Brief
- EU and Russia to hold new gas talks19'th @ 21:08
- Scottish leader Salmond to resign19'th @ 19:29
- Catalonia sticks to referendum plan after Scottish No19'th @ 13:28
- EU's 'Eastern Partnership' ministers stepping aside19'th @ 11:13
- EU welcomes Scottish vote outcome19'th @ 10:52
- Russian jets violate Swedish airspace19'th @ 09:59
- Russia complains of Lithuania 'provocations'19'th @ 09:59
- Stop TTIP announces court-case against EU commission19'th @ 09:29
- Catalonia to press ahead with referendum after Scottish No19'th @ 16:06
- OpinionScotland's referendum - nothing and everything changes19'th @ 15:04
- Cameron promises more devolution across UK19'th @ 09:32
- Ukraine says Europe at risk of 'terrible war'19'th @ 09:30
- Scotland chooses to stay in UK19'th @ 07:10
- Voting under way in Scottish independence referendum18'th @ 09:29
- Finnish PM faces backlash over Russia nuclear plant18'th @ 09:28
- OpinionEU asylum and war criminals: No place to hide18'th @ 08:50
- MEP Dita Charanzová: Hearing on EU-Russia Sanctions: Need for a new Trade Policy? 24 Sept - 13h00 P1A002
- EMHRN: UN Commission on Syria recognises dangers facing human rights defenders
- EU-ASE: Business leaders push the Danish Government for ambitious energy savings
- Oxfam: Back to school
- CESI: Event: Working Time Directive – new term, new impetus? 25 September 2014, 1pm-3pm
- Martens Centre: Economic Ideas Forum 2014, 16-17 Oct in Bratislava, register now!
- EBF: Tax Conference to review G20 talks on Automatic Exchange
- EuFoA: Basque Parliament recognizes Nagorno-Karabakh self-determination
- Europeche: EU fishing sector demands responsible and committed future Commissioner
- Eurocommerce: ECJ judgment on MasterCard: a great victory for EU consumers & retailers