10.07.14 @ 19:14
The EU’s student exchange programme Erasmus funded the studies of nearly 270,000 students in 2012/3, a record 15,000 more than previous year, the European Commission said on Thursday (10 July).
23.05.14 @ 09:22
20.05.14 @ 10:13
23.04.14 @ 09:03
10.09.13 @ 09:29
03.12.13 @ 17:16
EU 15-year olds have made slight improvements in reading, science and maths skills, but Estonian students are well ahead on EU targets.
08.10.13 @ 16:30
Policy-makers are hoping a first-ever assessment of education standards across the EU will "scare the dickens" out of politicians.
03.06.13 @ 17:19
Developers of a new game hope to spice up the geeky reputation of computer science - a subject that gets too little attention in EU schools.
06.11.13 @ 09:37
Spain’s sudden decision to cut Erasmus scholarships in the middle of the academic year sparked outrage among Spanish students and some members of government.
09.07.13 @ 09:28
The EU's student exchange scheme, Erasmus has reached its 3 millionth participant since the programme was set up decades ago.
22.05.13 @ 09:25
A school in a deprived part of a northern England town has seen its grades soar after giving every pupil an iPod and every teacher a tablet.
25.06.13 @ 23:54
People with good quality education have weathered the economic crisis much better than those with only basic qualifications, a new study shows.
12.03.13 @ 08:59
Leading academics across Europe are signing an online petition to support the European Commission’s draft data protection regulation in protest at industry lobbying to weaken it.
15.11.12 @ 09:30
Young people are more likely to consider themselves as "European," according to an analysis released on Wednesday.
16.01.13 @ 18:23
MEPs and EU officials have urged member states to "guarantee" jobs or schooling for unemployed under 25s.
24.04.13 @ 08:26
Grandparents are being roped into help, companies are turning themselves into temporary creches and employees are being forced to take leave as Denmark enters its fourth week of a teacher lock-out.
30.01.13 @ 17:47
European Commission President Jose Manuel Barroso has put further pressure on governments to create a pan-European youth guarantee scheme to tackle record levels of youth unemployment.
03.10.12 @ 17:27
The commission will present an emergency budget proposal within weeks in a bid to ensure that the Erasmus student programme can continue to pay grants.
11.09.12 @ 09:21
The UK hosts all the "world class" universities in Europe according to a fresh study, with the US top overall and French and German schools far behind.
News in Brief
- Russia may ban EU fruit imports@ 10:06
- France to take in fleeing Iraki Christians@ 09:54
- Privately-funded migrant rescue team set to launch@ 09:53
- Bank of Cyprus raises €1bn@ 09:53
- Russia to appeal $50bn fine@ 09:52
- Sarkozy campaign probe launched@ 09:51
- Kroes attacks Hungary tax on non-stated owned press28'th @ 13:19
- Putin reportedly ignored Merkel's phonecalls28'th @ 12:37
- Obama, EU leaders agree on Russia sanctions@ 09:28
- EU institutions to be probed on whistleblower rules28'th @ 18:54
- Denmark, Germany benefit most from EU market28'th @ 18:04
- Orban wants to build 'illiberal state'28'th @ 17:57
- OpinionIs international law a universal right or a select privilege?28'th @ 16:26
- AnalysisFrom trade tariffs to trust – TTIP a year on28'th @ 10:14
- Multi-billion losses expected from Russia sanctions28'th @ 09:49
- Banking union faces legal challenge in Germany28'th @ 09:28
- EEAS: Statement on the downing of Malaysia Airlines flight. In memoriam of Pim de Kuijer
- IFSBH: Join our new initiative: People United for Spina Bifida and Hydrocephalus!
- ACCA: Supports a coherent EU Single Market as to the balance of competences in the UK
- EIPA: Preparing for New EPSO Competitions: Luxembourg, 08 September 2014
- EIPA: Tools for Implementation of EU Policies at National Level. Luxembourg, 22-25/ 09/ 2014
- EPHA: 5th Annual Conference 4-5 September 2014, Brussels | Register before 31st July
- Centre Maurits Coppieters: Launches a new youtube channel
- ACCA: Implementing the New European Accounting Directive: Making the right choices
- UNESDA: Impact of food taxes on public health inconclusive and contradictory as per EC study
- European Federalist Party: Juncker is the 1st elected European Commission President