03.12.13 @ 17:16
EU 15-year olds have made slight improvements in reading, science and maths skills, but Estonian students are well ahead on EU targets.
06.11.13 @ 09:37
Spain’s sudden decision to cut Erasmus scholarships in the middle of the academic year sparked outrage among Spanish students and some members of government.
08.10.13 @ 16:30
Policy-makers are hoping a first-ever assessment of education standards across the EU will "scare the dickens" out of politicians.
09.07.13 @ 09:28
The EU's student exchange scheme, Erasmus has reached its 3 millionth participant since the programme was set up decades ago.
03.06.13 @ 17:19
Developers of a new game hope to spice up the geeky reputation of computer science - a subject that gets too little attention in EU schools.
10.09.13 @ 09:29
British universities rank in the world's top 10, while Swiss, French, Danish and German ones are in the top 50, a new survey says.
18.06.13 @ 19:00
Europe should help set up a teacher training academy to help counter the "embarrassing disappointment" that makes up much of teaching in the continent's universities, a new report says.
22.05.13 @ 09:25
A school in a deprived part of a northern England town has seen its grades soar after giving every pupil an iPod and every teacher a tablet.
24.04.13 @ 08:26
Grandparents are being roped into help, companies are turning themselves into temporary creches and employees are being forced to take leave as Denmark enters its fourth week of a teacher lock-out.
30.01.13 @ 17:47
European Commission President Jose Manuel Barroso has put further pressure on governments to create a pan-European youth guarantee scheme to tackle record levels of youth unemployment.
03.10.12 @ 17:27
The commission will present an emergency budget proposal within weeks in a bid to ensure that the Erasmus student programme can continue to pay grants.
11.09.12 @ 09:21
The UK hosts all the "world class" universities in Europe according to a fresh study, with the US top overall and French and German schools far behind.
12.03.13 @ 08:59
Leading academics across Europe are signing an online petition to support the European Commission’s draft data protection regulation in protest at industry lobbying to weaken it.
15.11.12 @ 09:30
Young people are more likely to consider themselves as "European," according to an analysis released on Wednesday.
16.01.13 @ 18:23
MEPs and EU officials have urged member states to "guarantee" jobs or schooling for unemployed under 25s.
News in Brief
- Court clears Anglo-Irish boss17'th @ 09:26
- Juncker wants politicians in EU commission, not bureaucrats17'th @ 09:26
- Nato increases military presence in eastern Europe17'th @ 09:26
- EU and Switzerland edging closer to free movement deal17'th @ 09:25
- MEPs back cross-border pension rights16'th @ 10:01
- Industry wary of new EU rules on lorry design16'th @ 10:01
- Ukip leader 'taking legal advice' on expenses allegations16'th @ 10:00
- French MEP recalls trips to see porn films16'th @ 10:00
- Pro-Russia separatists reject EU and US-brokered pact18'th @ 17:22
- Russia and China forge closer ties, as EU explores sanctions17'th @ 09:29
- Europe faces worst human rights 'crisis' in decades17'th @ 09:29
- MEPs upset over Schulz's double role as president and candidate17'th @ 09:25
- EU countries to boost defence budgets in light of Ukraine16'th @ 09:29
- EU parliament gives final nod to banking union16'th @ 09:21
- EU ElectionsGerman centre-right election posters show Merkel, not Juncker16'th @ 09:15
- Regional unemployment highest in Spain16'th @ 09:14
- ACCA: European Parliament backs non financial reporting deals
- CESI: TTIP: Fears of the Unknown, Registration for CESI@noon lunch debate on Mon 28th April
- ThinkYoung: We want to listen your opinion on youth unemployment & skills mismatch
- EIPA: Summer School on EU law & its Implementation, Luxembourg, 30/06 until 11/07
- EIPA: The Infringement Procedure under Articles 258 & 260 TFEU - Luxembourg 19-20/06/14
- ACCA: New rules to improve shareholder engagement and corporate governance reporting
- European Youth Forum: Open letter to EU bodies, MS and CoE on the situation in Ukraine
- Oxfam: European overseas aid slightly increases but lags behind global trend
- EUA: Changing Landscapes in Learning and Teaching’: Report from the Annual Conference
- Regione Puglia: Capacity building course for regional officers on EU decision-making: 7-11/04