23.09.14 @ 15:07
If you are looking for love and a good job then you need to use the Erasmus student exchange programme, according to new research published by the European Commission.
23.05.14 @ 09:22
20.05.14 @ 10:13
23.04.14 @ 09:03
10.09.13 @ 09:29
17.09.14 @ 09:20
American and British universities continue to dominate in the global rankings with the next best faculty in a EU member state trailing a distant 24.
10.07.14 @ 19:14
The EU’s student exchange programme Erasmus funded the studies of nearly 270,000 students in 2012/3, a record 15,000 more than previous year, the European Commission has said.
06.11.13 @ 09:37
Spain’s sudden decision to cut Erasmus scholarships in the middle of the academic year sparked outrage among Spanish students and some members of government.
09.09.14 @ 18:55
One in every three young Europeans has a higher level of education than their parents, according to new research.
03.12.13 @ 17:16
EU 15-year olds have made slight improvements in reading, science and maths skills, but Estonian students are well ahead on EU targets.
08.10.13 @ 16:30
Policy-makers are hoping a first-ever assessment of education standards across the EU will "scare the dickens" out of politicians.
09.07.13 @ 09:28
The EU's student exchange scheme, Erasmus has reached its 3 millionth participant since the programme was set up decades ago.
22.05.13 @ 09:25
A school in a deprived part of a northern England town has seen its grades soar after giving every pupil an iPod and every teacher a tablet.
24.04.13 @ 08:26
Grandparents are being roped into help, companies are turning themselves into temporary creches and employees are being forced to take leave as Denmark enters its fourth week of a teacher lock-out.
30.01.13 @ 17:47
European Commission President Jose Manuel Barroso has put further pressure on governments to create a pan-European youth guarantee scheme to tackle record levels of youth unemployment.
03.06.13 @ 17:19
Developers of a new game hope to spice up the geeky reputation of computer science - a subject that gets too little attention in EU schools.
25.06.13 @ 23:54
People with good quality education have weathered the economic crisis much better than those with only basic qualifications, a new study shows.
12.03.13 @ 08:59
Leading academics across Europe are signing an online petition to support the European Commission’s draft data protection regulation in protest at industry lobbying to weaken it.
15.11.12 @ 09:30
Young people are more likely to consider themselves as "European," according to an analysis released on Wednesday.
News in Brief
- One in four deaths in EU caused by cancer@ 18:06
- UK's Clegg and Germany's Gabriel to discuss benefit curbs for EU migrants@ 17:48
- EU suspends Iran sanctions until July@ 10:36
- EU parliament postpones Palestine vote@ 08:40
- US to send tanks to eastern Europe@ 08:39
- Air pollution costs EU up to €189bn in 2012, says EU agency@ 08:37
- Greek ships rescue hundreds of migrants@ 08:36
- EU migration commissioner: Pope's signal received25'th @ 18:22
- MEPs endorse Juncker investment plan despite criticism@ 16:28
- Reports multiply of Kremlin links to anti-EU parties@ 09:29
- Eurozone 'grinding to standstill', OECD warns@ 09:29
- FeatureInvitations sent out for next EU-Russia 'summit'25'th @ 21:01
- Juncker's plan: Making €60bn worth five times more25'th @ 21:01
- EU commission to publish more trade documents in bid for public support25'th @ 20:04
- EU funds airline data-sharing despite legal concerns25'th @ 19:10
- Member states owe EU over €320bn25'th @ 18:49
- Danuta Hübner: Jobs, Growth and Investment Package to succeed if it fully mobilizes private sector
- Eva Paunova: Digital techs must be recognised as best route to growth and development
- Jan Philipp Albrecht: EU-Canada PNR scheme must have legality assessed by European Court
- Cecilia Wikström: Interview - From a priest to an MEP
- Martina Dlabajová: Still no discharge for the Council from the Budgetary Control Committee
- Jerzy Buzek: Reindustrialisation & climate targets married via research on clean coal technologies
- Michael Theurer: Dalligate II: Time to return to the facts and follow checks and balances
- Victor Negrescu: The Next Generation Innovators
- Access Now: Save the Internet: The EU MS are about to turn their backs on Net Neutrality
- EU Spirits: Do you know how apples & pears go into a bottle ?
- China EU Mission: Amb. Yang Yanyi: Asia-Pacific cooperation offers opportunities for Europe
- Martens Centre: Invites you to the Transatlantic Think Tank Conference on 4 Dec, register now!
- EMHRN: Day for the Elimination of Violence against Women: Bleak Picture for the Euro-Med Region
- EN:DEFI: US forces will stay in Baltic states to deter Russia
- Red Cross: Humanitarian approach to migration needed in the EU to protect the rights of migrants
- Caritas Europa: Europe 2020 will not deliver if dominated by economic drivers
- PlasticsEurope: Agreement on plastic bags: concern about negative effects on Internal Market
- World Vision: Where are the rights you promised us ?