10.07.14 @ 19:14
The EU’s student exchange programme Erasmus funded the studies of nearly 270,000 students in 2012/3, a record 15,000 more than previous year, the European Commission said on Thursday (10 July).
23.05.14 @ 09:22
20.05.14 @ 10:13
23.04.14 @ 09:03
10.09.13 @ 09:29
03.12.13 @ 17:16
EU 15-year olds have made slight improvements in reading, science and maths skills, but Estonian students are well ahead on EU targets.
08.10.13 @ 16:30
Policy-makers are hoping a first-ever assessment of education standards across the EU will "scare the dickens" out of politicians.
03.06.13 @ 17:19
Developers of a new game hope to spice up the geeky reputation of computer science - a subject that gets too little attention in EU schools.
06.11.13 @ 09:37
Spain’s sudden decision to cut Erasmus scholarships in the middle of the academic year sparked outrage among Spanish students and some members of government.
09.07.13 @ 09:28
The EU's student exchange scheme, Erasmus has reached its 3 millionth participant since the programme was set up decades ago.
22.05.13 @ 09:25
A school in a deprived part of a northern England town has seen its grades soar after giving every pupil an iPod and every teacher a tablet.
25.06.13 @ 23:54
People with good quality education have weathered the economic crisis much better than those with only basic qualifications, a new study shows.
12.03.13 @ 08:59
Leading academics across Europe are signing an online petition to support the European Commission’s draft data protection regulation in protest at industry lobbying to weaken it.
15.11.12 @ 09:30
Young people are more likely to consider themselves as "European," according to an analysis released on Wednesday.
16.01.13 @ 18:23
MEPs and EU officials have urged member states to "guarantee" jobs or schooling for unemployed under 25s.
24.04.13 @ 08:26
Grandparents are being roped into help, companies are turning themselves into temporary creches and employees are being forced to take leave as Denmark enters its fourth week of a teacher lock-out.
30.01.13 @ 17:47
European Commission President Jose Manuel Barroso has put further pressure on governments to create a pan-European youth guarantee scheme to tackle record levels of youth unemployment.
03.10.12 @ 17:27
The commission will present an emergency budget proposal within weeks in a bid to ensure that the Erasmus student programme can continue to pay grants.
11.09.12 @ 09:21
The UK hosts all the "world class" universities in Europe according to a fresh study, with the US top overall and French and German schools far behind.
News in Brief
- Dutch to send unarmed police to monitor crash site@ 09:29
- Boat migrant death toll around 800@ 09:28
- US says Russia fired artillery into Ukraine@ 09:27
- France tops Google "right to be forgotten" requests@ 09:27
- Ireland named in Obama attack on US firms' tax policies@ 09:26
- Ireland in talks on repaying IMF loans early@ 09:26
- Ukraine PM resigns24'th @ 18:22
- Former Moldova envoy to lead EU civilian mission to Ukraine24'th @ 15:38
- AnalysisEU sanctions on Russia hurt more than it seems@ 18:59
- EU to hit Russia with economic sanctions next week@ 17:14
- Poll: French most pessimistic about economic future@ 16:57
- German, Dutch firms ready to take hit from Russia sanctions@ 09:25
- EU blacklists more Russians, prepares economic sanctions24'th @ 20:55
- Court rules Poland complicit in CIA renditions24'th @ 16:28
- OpinionAnti-Roma prejudice rampant in state child protection services24'th @ 14:36
- EU readies new sanctions on defiant Russia24'th @ 09:25
- EEAS: Statement on the downing of Malaysia Airlines flight. In memoriam of Pim de Kuijer
- IFSBH: Join our new initiative: People United for Spina Bifida and Hydrocephalus!
- ACCA: Supports a coherent EU Single Market as to the balance of competences in the UK
- EIPA: Preparing for New EPSO Competitions: Luxembourg, 08 September 2014
- EIPA: Tools for Implementation of EU Policies at National Level. Luxembourg, 22-25/ 09/ 2014
- EPHA: 5th Annual Conference 4-5 September 2014, Brussels | Register before 31st July
- Centre Maurits Coppieters: Launches a new youtube channel
- ACCA: Implementing the New European Accounting Directive: Making the right choices
- UNESDA: Impact of food taxes on public health inconclusive and contradictory as per EC study
- European Federalist Party: Juncker is the 1st elected European Commission President