08.10.14 @ 15:59
The EU commission is not recommending any fresh steps on Western Balkan enlargement in the next 12 months, with one official saying the policy is in "de facto freeze".
19.11.14 @ 18:13
31.10.14 @ 08:20
13.06.14 @ 07:56
07.01.14 @ 11:16
02.09.14 @ 20:29
Italian minister and incoming top EU diplomat Mogherini has called for progress on Western Balkan enlargement, while saying Russia is no longer an EU “partner”.
20.05.14 @ 09:26
A dozen EU countries have sent equipment to Bosnia and Serbia to help deal with “the incredible force of nature” of springtime floods.
06.02.14 @ 08:50
Montenegro's EU membership negotiations progress against a backdrop of ever-regressing media freedom.
14.07.14 @ 18:16
Research indicates that the inflow of migrants from Ukraine, Belarus and Moldova - even after visa liberalisation - will be modest.
30.04.14 @ 18:32
Ten years after enlargement, a Polish and a German town on the river Oder have gone through a 'miraculous' transformation.
10.01.14 @ 09:28
EU ministers in December agreed to start accession talks with Serbia, while Kosovo got nothing in return for its blind loyalty to Brussels.
08.01.14 @ 19:54
Turkey's police purge risks harming the new momentum in EU relations on the eve of Erdogan's visit to Brussels.
22.11.13 @ 09:27
Brussels and Washington have told Ukraine it is unlikely to get IMF aid after it binned plans to sign an EU treaty.
23.10.13 @ 09:21
The stalled EU membership talks with Turkey are set for relaunch after member states agreed accession negotiations would recommence on 5 November.
03.10.13 @ 09:05
With accession candidate country Serbia facing EU questions on controversial state sell-offs, newly revealed documents shed light on the demise of several big Serbian employers.
04.12.13 @ 18:53
Turkey is starting visa liberalisation talks with the EU, a first step in a process which could take years.
24.10.13 @ 09:25
Bulgaria’s ultra-nationalist party Ataka has convinced more moderate Bulgarian legislators to extend a ban on the sale of land to foreigners in contravention of EU rules.
16.10.13 @ 17:41
The European Commission has said Albania should be given the green light to open EU membership talks.
17.09.13 @ 09:12
Catalonia's bid for independence hit another obstacle after the EU commission said any breakaway territory would not be part of the EU.
News in Brief
- Moldovan PM: We don't want to join Nato@ 09:27
- Germany bows to pressure and accepts EU trade deal@ 09:09
- France to debate Palestine independence@ 09:09
- Juncker defends Luxembourg tax regime@ 09:08
- UK summons PwC tax chief to LuxLeaks hearing@ 09:05
- Rajoy: No 'generalised corruption' in Spain@ 09:04
- Deflation hits Spain in November@ 09:03
- MEPs back anti-Google resolution27'th @ 14:12
- OpinionConflict minerals: EU can save lives and boost profits@ 16:31
- France gets three months to tweak budget@ 16:20
- EU commission proposes €141bn budget in last-minute talks@ 16:01
- French and German economy must come closer, economists urge@ 13:18
- Cameron to unveil latest anti-EU migrant plan@ 09:29
- Hollande first EU leader to visit Ebola-hit Guinea@ 09:24
- France, Italy, Belgium to get extra three months on deficit and debt27'th @ 20:01
- EU blacklists 13 Ukrainians over Russia war27'th @ 18:10
- Jan Philipp Albrecht: Digital market/Google: MEPs fail to focus consumer rights and net neutrality
- Danuta Hübner: Danuta Hübner at the first meeting of the EPP Working Group on TTiP
- Danuta Hübner: Jobs, Growth & Investment Package to succeed if mobilizes private sector
- Eva Paunova: Digital techs must be recognised as best route to growth and development
- Jan Philipp Albrecht: EU-Canada PNR scheme must have legality assessed by European Court
- Cecilia Wikström: Interview - From a priest to an MEP
- Martina Dlabajová: Still no discharge for the Council from the Budgetary Control Committee
- Jerzy Buzek: Reindustrialisation & climate targets married via research on clean coal technologies
- Michael Theurer: Dalligate II: Time to return to the facts and follow checks and balances
- Victor Negrescu: The Next Generation Innovators
- EN.DELFI: Why Russia's threat to Baltic states is so real
- Access Now: Wishing “Bon voyage” to PNR agreements in Europe
- EBF: EBF underlines need to match EFSI funds with stable economic framework
- European SchoolNet: Making competence based education a reality in schools across Europe
- CESI: Breaking Down Barriers: Towards Gender Equality at Work. Lunch debate, 11 Dec
- Counter Balance: Junker investment package shifts risks from private investors to EU taxpayers
- ThinkYoung: Join the Charity Dinner for UNICEF by ThinkYoung & Burson Marsteller to fight Ebola!
- Access Now: Save the Internet: The EU MS are about to turn their backs on Net Neutrality
- Martens Centre: Invites you to the Transatlantic Think Tank Conference on 4 Dec, register now!
- EMHRN: Day for the Elimination of Violence vs. Women: Bleak Picture for the Euro-Med Region