08.05.13 @ 17:13
Cyprus should reunite, a top EU official has said. But the issue remains highly sensitive on the Mediterranean island.
02.04.13 @ 08:58
16.08.12 @ 08:44
19.04.13 @ 20:33
Serbia is to get a date for EU entry talks, Kosovo is to get control over its north and EU foreign policy chief Ashton got kudos after a breakthrough in talks.
09.04.13 @ 09:29
Serb Prime Minister Ivica Dacic has blamed the US for blocking a potential land-swap deal with Kosovo which could have ended the frozen conflict over ethnic Serb enclaves.
27.03.13 @ 10:16
With just three months left before Croatia joins the EU, the commission has urged it to do more on corruption and human trafficking.
17.04.13 @ 08:47
German foreign minister Westerwelle has bluntly told Serbia it cannot open EU accession talks unless it cedes control of north Kosovo.
03.04.13 @ 17:50
Germany has warned Serbia its EU accession prospects hang on a result in the ongoing talks on Kosovo.
12.03.13 @ 18:17
The accidental killing of a businessman on a hunting trip in Moldova is threatening to wreck the EU's only foreign policy success on its eastern flank.
25.02.13 @ 18:06
The EU has ended a mini-Cold-War with Ukraine by welcoming back its President in Brussels.
20.02.13 @ 09:29
Germany and Poland have put forward joint ideas on post-Soviet countries, in what some diplomats are calling a "new axis" in EU foreign policy.
12.02.13 @ 19:03
Kosovo is lagging behind in crime fighting reforms, limiting its prospects of obtaining EU visa-free travel.
14.01.13 @ 21:06
Iceland's government has suspended negotiations to join the EU ahead of parliamentary elections in April.
25.02.13 @ 09:29
German Chancellor Angela Merkel has backed France on re-starting EU accession talks with Turkey.
13.02.13 @ 09:37
EU-Turkey accession talks could restart this week after a three-year gap following a French initiative to create a "new impetus."
17.01.13 @ 20:16
Kosovo leader Hashim Thaci has said Serbia should stop talking about autonomy for north Kosovo and pull out its security forces.
10.01.13 @ 09:29
Kosovo's envoy to the EU has said plans to give autonomy to Serbs in north Kosovo is an attempt to divide his country.
News in Brief
- IMF: Cyprus should return to growth in 2015
- Eurozone bank 'stress tests' delayed until next year
- Westerwelle in Serbia and Kosovo to speed up deal
- Merkel: Hollande's euro government idea 'interesting'
- Schaeuble blames EU commission for inaction on youth unemployment
- Germany buries Eurohawk drone project
- European jihadists in Syria spook Germany
- China wants EU to drop telecoms probe
- Russia positions warships near Syria
- Turks do not want to live in the EU any more
- Germany and Poland join up on EU foreign policy
- Slovenia puts €172mn price tag on Croatia's EU entry
- OpinionBalkan 'Benelux' would speed up EU entry
- Turkey hopes for EU visa breakthrough this week
- Feature'Everybody thinks Europe is a Christian continent'
- No EU accession talks for Serbia or Macedonia
- EU report good for Kosovo, bad for Serbia
- British MPs question Croatia's EU credentials
- EU report: Western Balkan states held back by lawlessness
Equality & LGBTI Rights
- EU ministers urge Reding to do more for gay rights
- Targeted action requires clear plan … LGBTI issues are no different
- Report: sexual minorities in EU face hate speech, violence and discrimination
- Bulgaria and Italy trail in EU on gay rights legislation
- 'Changing gender should be as easy as changing car numberplate'
- Equality and LGBTI Rights
- Reding should 'stick neck out' on gay rights
- Same-sex marriage underlines social change in Ireland
- Airline worker's rights breached by crucifix ban, court says
- Gay rights is EU entry criterion, Brussels says
Very private security
- Controversial British firm wins EU security job in Gaza
- Very private security
- EUobserver investigative reports
- InvestigationEU men with guns: a comedy of errors
- Security firm wins EU contract despite tax problem
- About Andrew Rettman
- EU bins security contract, annoys Libya
- EU to spend €50mn on private security in Afghanistan
- Question marks over EU contract for Libya security firm
- Ashton to spend €15mn on private security firms
- Hack the EU: IT security cuts cause concern@ 09:03
- Leaked report damns Cyprus on money laundering@ 08:56
- AgendaEU leaders discuss energy and tax next WEEK17'th @ 18:36
- Culture to get special treatment in US trade talks, Barroso says17'th @ 09:30
- Europeans expect bleak future, survey finds17'th @ 09:28
- Hollande calls for euro government to beat recession17'th @ 09:25
- AnalysisCold War politics hang over EU shale gas revolution17'th @ 09:21
- EU sets timeline for single telecoms market17'th @ 09:05
- Greens launch US-style primary for EU top jobs17'th @ 09:01
- Protests as Germany opens giant Barbie house17'th @ 08:57
- Confederation of Swedish Enterprise: State of the union – Where is the EU heading?
- ACCA: ACCA encourages EU leaders to be bold in the fight against tax fraud and evasion
- EIPA: Practical Tools for Implementation of EU Policies at the National Level: Modules 1 and 2 Luxembourg, 24-27 September 2013
- ACCA: Future of IFRS: what purpose(s) do we want annual accounts to serve?
- businessfruit: Think on Your Feet. Write, Speak, Present with Impact. Join the Academy: 24-26 June, Brussels.
- AEBIOM: Join the 4th AEBIOM Bioenergy Conference organized by the European Biomass Association on 17-19 June, Brussels
- EIPA: European e-Justice and practical solutions - Beginners level: Luxembourg, 23 May 2013. Advanced level: Luxembourg, 24 May 2013
- The untold story of Libya's Mahmud GebrilInside Arab Spring
- U-turn, please!Another Look
- Going against fears in AmericaGlobal challenges
- About spin and DIYAnother Look
- The capture of tax haven Ireland: "the bankers, hedge funds got virtually everything they wanted"Escape from Europe
- The year in picturesSuper Commuter
- Not the Jihadists but we are the problemInside Arab Spring
- Whose idea was this?Another Look
- Across the Atlantic, another take on riskGlobal challenges
- The Caspian Arms RaceWider Black Sea