14.07.14 @ 18:16
Research indicates that the inflow of migrants from Ukraine, Belarus and Moldova - even after visa liberalisation - will be modest.
13.06.14 @ 07:56
07.01.14 @ 11:16
16.12.13 @ 09:07
02.04.13 @ 08:58
20.05.14 @ 09:26
A dozen EU countries have sent equipment to Bosnia and Serbia to help deal with “the incredible force of nature” of springtime floods.
06.02.14 @ 08:50
Montenegro's EU membership negotiations progress against a backdrop of ever-regressing media freedom.
08.01.14 @ 19:54
Turkey's police purge risks harming the new momentum in EU relations on the eve of Erdogan's visit to Brussels.
30.04.14 @ 18:32
Ten years after enlargement, a Polish and a German town on the river Oder have gone through a 'miraculous' transformation.
10.01.14 @ 09:28
EU ministers in December agreed to start accession talks with Serbia, while Kosovo got nothing in return for its blind loyalty to Brussels.
04.12.13 @ 18:53
Turkey is starting visa liberalisation talks with the EU, a first step in a process which could take years.
22.11.13 @ 09:27
Brussels and Washington have told Ukraine it is unlikely to get IMF aid after it binned plans to sign an EU treaty.
23.10.13 @ 09:21
The stalled EU membership talks with Turkey are set for relaunch after member states agreed accession negotiations would recommence on 5 November.
03.10.13 @ 09:05
With accession candidate country Serbia facing EU questions on controversial state sell-offs, newly revealed documents shed light on the demise of several big Serbian employers.
21.08.13 @ 09:26
The European Commission has reprimanded Russia over its attempt to intimidate Ukraine on trade.
24.10.13 @ 09:25
Bulgaria’s ultra-nationalist party Ataka has convinced more moderate Bulgarian legislators to extend a ban on the sale of land to foreigners in contravention of EU rules.
16.10.13 @ 17:41
The European Commission has said Albania should be given the green light to open EU membership talks.
17.09.13 @ 09:12
Catalonia's bid for independence hit another obstacle after the EU commission said any breakaway territory would not be part of the EU.
22.07.13 @ 21:19
EU trade officials signed off on a free trade agreement with Georgia on Monday, as the South Caucasus country edges towards finalising an Association agreement with the bloc.
News in Brief
- Belgium only country not to have nominated EU commissioner@ 12:40
- Berlin to accept Moscovici as economics commissioner: Report@ 12:27
- German eurosceptic party enters state parliament after vote@ 11:37
- Only one in four Norwegians support EU membership@ 09:18
- Russia calls for 'ceasefire', 'statehood' in east Ukraine@ 09:06
- Romania may send a female commissioner31'st @ 02:04
- Lithuanian president abstained from Mogherini vote31'st @ 01:19
- Denmark nominates female minister as EU commissioner31'st @ 01:08
- Cameron faces new EU referendum backlash@ 09:22
- OpinionWhy America is recovering, but Europe is not - Part II@ 09:17
- EU expert groups dominated by corporate interest, say NGOs@ 09:09
- Who is Federica Mogherini?@ 08:59
- EU leaders give Putin one-week deadline31'st @ 02:25
- EU leaders pick Tusk, Mogherini for top posts30'th @ 21:43
- Poroshenko: EU likely to hold off on Russia sanctions30'th @ 14:41
- EU leaders meet on top jobs, Ukraine29'th @ 21:24
- EUA: EU 2015 Budget negotiations: EUA warns against making cuts to research payments
- EPSU: New Commission must end corporate dominance of EU expert groups
- Martens Centre: Register now for the event “A Changing Eastern Neighbourhood”
- Martens Centre: Register now for event on 9 Sept: Banking and Monetary Union 2014-2019
- EuFoA: Tension rises in Nagorno-Karabakh as ceasefire negotiations are underway
- ACCA: Supports a coherent EU Single Market as to the balance of competences in the UK
- EIPA: Preparing for New EPSO Competitions: Luxembourg, 08 September 2014
- EIPA: Tools for Implementation of EU Policies at National Level. Luxembourg, 22-25/ 09/ 2014
- EPHA: 5th Annual Conference 4-5 September 2014, Brussels
- Centre Maurits Coppieters: Launches a new youtube channel