06.02.14 @ 08:50
Montenegro's EU membership negotiations progress against a backdrop of ever-regressing media freedom.
07.01.14 @ 11:16
16.12.13 @ 09:07
02.04.13 @ 08:58
16.08.12 @ 08:44
10.01.14 @ 09:28
EU ministers in December agreed to start accession talks with Serbia, while Kosovo got nothing in return for its blind loyalty to Brussels.
04.12.13 @ 18:53
Turkey is starting visa liberalisation talks with the EU, a first step in a process which could take years.
24.10.13 @ 09:25
Bulgaria’s ultra-nationalist party Ataka has convinced more moderate Bulgarian legislators to extend a ban on the sale of land to foreigners in contravention of EU rules.
08.01.14 @ 19:54
Turkey's police purge risks harming the new momentum in EU relations on the eve of Erdogan's visit to Brussels.
22.11.13 @ 09:27
Brussels and Washington have told Ukraine it is unlikely to get IMF aid after it binned plans to sign an EU treaty.
23.10.13 @ 09:21
The stalled EU membership talks with Turkey are set for relaunch after member states agreed accession negotiations would recommence on 5 November.
16.10.13 @ 17:41
The European Commission has said Albania should be given the green light to open EU membership talks.
17.09.13 @ 09:12
Catalonia's bid for independence hit another obstacle after the EU commission said any breakaway territory would not be part of the EU.
22.07.13 @ 21:19
EU trade officials signed off on a free trade agreement with Georgia on Monday, as the South Caucasus country edges towards finalising an Association agreement with the bloc.
01.07.13 @ 09:03
Croatia became the 28th member of the EU at midnight on Sunday, less than 20 years after gaining independence from Yugoslavia.
03.10.13 @ 09:05
With accession candidate country Serbia facing EU questions on controversial state sell-offs, newly revealed documents shed light on the demise of several big Serbian employers.
21.08.13 @ 09:26
The European Commission has reprimanded Russia over its attempt to intimidate Ukraine on trade.
08.07.13 @ 14:59
Novel language in the draft EU-Georgia association treaty highlights hostility toward further EU expansion.
28.06.13 @ 16:49
Leaders on Friday endorsed the start of accession talks with Serbia and welcomed Croatia's impending EU entry.
News in Brief
- Grillo movement closes in on Italian PM's party: poll@ 11:06
- Scottish choice of monetary system crucial, says ratings agency@ 09:37
- Russia invites EU for gas talks@ 09:17
- Juncker promises fair deal for Britain@ 09:14
- Deutsche Bank under pressure to raise capital@ 09:13
- Thousands of expats leave Spain@ 09:13
- Portuguese bond yield falls to record low@ 09:11
- Eurozone deficit rates fall within 3 percent EU limit23'rd @ 17:31
- Complex rules make EU vulnerable to corruption, says report@ 10:56
- EU ElectionsAnti-euro talk spreads in Italy@ 09:28
- Turkish PM offers 'condolences' to Armenia over WWI killings@ 09:12
- Greek records first surplus as EU moves closer to balanced budgets23'rd @ 17:38
- OpinionEU and Ukraine: too busy to protect gay rights?23'rd @ 14:14
- EU ElectionsEU elections may strengthen Putin in Europe23'rd @ 09:29
- Italian right calls for end to migrant rescue programme23'rd @ 09:29
- US to send 600 troops to Baltics, Poland amid Ukraine tensions23'rd @ 09:16
- IrRADIARE: Energaia launches a sustainability observatory @ the EU Sustainable Energy Week
- EIUC: Venice School of Human Rights 2014, apply here
- Veneto Region: The European future of the Italian port system - Presentation of the book
- Transparency International: Report on corruption risks in the EU institutions
- TNS Opinion: David Cameron takes the lead on Twitter
- ACCA: European Parliament backs non financial reporting deals
- CESI: TTIP: Fears of the Unknown, Registration for CESI@noon lunch debate on Mon 28th April
- ThinkYoung: We want to listen your opinion on youth unemployment & skills mismatch
- EIPA: Summer School on EU law & its Implementation, Luxembourg, 30/06 until 11/07
- EIPA: The Infringement Procedure under Articles 258 & 260 TFEU - Luxembourg 19-20/06/14