04.12.13 @ 18:53
Turkey is starting visa liberalisation talks with the EU, a first step in a process which could take years.
02.04.13 @ 08:58
16.08.12 @ 08:44
22.11.13 @ 09:27
Brussels and Washington have told Ukraine it is unlikely to get IMF aid after it binned plans to sign an EU treaty.
23.10.13 @ 09:21
The stalled EU membership talks with Turkey are set for relaunch after member states agreed accession negotiations would recommence on 5 November.
03.10.13 @ 09:05
With accession candidate country Serbia facing EU questions on controversial state sell-offs, newly revealed documents shed light on the demise of several big Serbian employers.
24.10.13 @ 09:25
Bulgaria’s ultra-nationalist party Ataka has convinced more moderate Bulgarian legislators to extend a ban on the sale of land to foreigners in contravention of EU rules.
16.10.13 @ 17:41
The European Commission has said Albania should be given the green light to open EU membership talks.
17.09.13 @ 09:12
Catalonia's bid for independence hit another obstacle after the EU commission said any breakaway territory would not be part of the EU.
21.08.13 @ 09:26
The European Commission has reprimanded Russia over its attempt to intimidate Ukraine on trade.
08.07.13 @ 14:59
Novel language in the draft EU-Georgia association treaty highlights hostility toward further EU expansion.
28.06.13 @ 16:49
Leaders on Friday endorsed the start of accession talks with Serbia and welcomed Croatia's impending EU entry.
07.06.13 @ 09:28
French, German and EU officials have criticised Turkey after a week of "shocking" police violence.
22.07.13 @ 21:19
EU trade officials signed off on a free trade agreement with Georgia on Monday, as the South Caucasus country edges towards finalising an Association agreement with the bloc.
01.07.13 @ 09:03
Croatia became the 28th member of the EU at midnight on Sunday, less than 20 years after gaining independence from Yugoslavia.
26.06.13 @ 09:28
EU countries have agreed to open accession talks with Serbia, but the first meeting is to be later than initially proposed.
03.06.13 @ 11:20
Croatia's would-be new EU commissioner has all it takes to sail through MEPs questions this week.
News in Brief
- EU 'negligent' over US data scandal says Deustche Telekom boss
- Gazprom to present anti-trust offer this week: Almunia
- Putin dissolves state news agency
- EU lifts restrictions on electronic devices on planes
- France wants EU bank union before new year
- Hollande wants member states to fund African army
- EU council chief to attend Mandela memorial service
- German president to boycott winter olympics
- Greek recession over in 2014, say lawmakers
- Pro-EU protesters in Ukraine smash Lenin statue
- Germany and Poland join up on EU foreign policy
- Croatia becomes 28th EU member state
- EU commission: Catalonia must leave EU if it leaves Spain
- Iceland dissolves EU accession team
- No EU accession talks for Serbia or Macedonia
- Commission backs Albania-EU membership talks
- EU-Georgia treaty highlights enlargement fatigue
- EU and US warn Ukraine it risks going bust
- Iceland leader snubs EU membership
- France ready to unblock EU-Turkey talks
Regions & Cities
- Economic governance tool to be part of regional aid
- Berlin citizens keen to buy their electricity grid
- German city flats are overpriced, says Bundesbank
- EU cohesion policy: 'No more business as usual'
- If you build it, will they come?
- Interview'National governments declining in importance'
- Brussels: An EU capital in the making
- Beja airport: A runway to nowhere?
- Bringing high speed internet to the 'middle of nowhere'
- Arctic region to see greater focus in EU aid
- EU looks to 'hybrid drones' for legal shortcut on migration
- MEPs approve EU border surveillance system
- 'Virtual borders' scheme to track every non-EU citizen
- Security industry is shaping EU legislation
- Private security firms cash in on guarding EU borders
- Private firms put price tag on migrant suicides
- Gaddafi-tainted firm scoops EU contract
- InvestigationEUobserver investigative reports
- InvestigationAbout Nikolaj Nielsen
- Ashton in two-day visit to Ukraine9'th @ 15:03
- AnalysisWorld trade deal expected to boost EU nations9'th @ 10:32
- AgendaBanking union tops agenda for ministers this WEEK9'th @ 09:29
- Merkel denies pressuring Spain on bailout6'th @ 18:28
- EU data protection bill 'moves backwards'6'th @ 17:57
- Snowden to make video appearance at EU parliament6'th @ 16:35
- Ukraine and Bulgaria show power of EU model6'th @ 11:48
- France goes to war in Africa to 'save lives'6'th @ 09:29
- World pays tribute to Mandela6'th @ 09:29
- EU says No to Russian pipeline, as Ukraine talks resume6'th @ 09:29
- EIPA: Seminar: EU Law for Non-Lawyers, Luxembourg, 24-26/02/14
- EIPA: Seminar: EU Environmental Law for Non-Lawyers, Luxembourg, 30-31/01/14
- EFA: Book on Minimum Standards of Care for COPD patients in the EU
- Counter Balance: Natural Capital: a fairytale with an unhappy ending
- Oxfam: Leaked EU document proves financial transaction tax is legal
- Birdlife: Wind farms: new report shows how to reduce environmental impact
- EMHRN: Israel’s Culture of Impunity: Nothing Less than Accountability!
- ECPA: Crop diversity, food safety and food security under threat in Europe
- EPF: Press conference on cross-border healthcare and patients' rights
- ACCA: Improved transparency in auditor reporting - making it a reality in the EU
- After Vilnius: tough year aheadNeighbourhood
- What happened to the EU2020 strategy?Progressive Change
- This is a very dead horse - stop floggingAnother Look
- Facebook isn't our friendExposing Corporate Europe
- Moscow Never SleepsBelarus Reloaded
- The trouble with Europe’s big thinking? Europe’s big states.Super Commuter
- Don´t take their word for itAnother Look
- Eurasian Union's problem with Russian nationalismNeighbourhood
- COP 19: Walking about Warsaw in circlesGlobal challenges
- Does UKIP now have the cash to cause an earthquake?The Fox Edition