15.12.14 @ 09:28
The EU and US have warned Turkey that its latest crackdown on free press will harm relations.
16.12.14 @ 10:45
16.12.14 @ 10:39
19.11.14 @ 18:13
31.10.14 @ 08:20
08.10.14 @ 15:59
The EU commission is not recommending any fresh steps on Western Balkan enlargement in the next 12 months, with one official saying the policy is in "de facto freeze".
14.07.14 @ 18:16
Research indicates that the inflow of migrants from Ukraine, Belarus and Moldova - even after visa liberalisation - will be modest.
30.04.14 @ 18:32
Ten years after enlargement, a Polish and a German town on the river Oder have gone through a 'miraculous' transformation.
02.09.14 @ 20:29
Italian minister and incoming top EU diplomat Mogherini has called for progress on Western Balkan enlargement, while saying Russia is no longer an EU “partner”.
20.05.14 @ 09:26
A dozen EU countries have sent equipment to Bosnia and Serbia to help deal with “the incredible force of nature” of springtime floods.
06.02.14 @ 08:50
Montenegro's EU membership negotiations progress against a backdrop of ever-regressing media freedom.
10.01.14 @ 09:28
EU ministers in December agreed to start accession talks with Serbia, while Kosovo got nothing in return for its blind loyalty to Brussels.
04.12.13 @ 18:53
Turkey is starting visa liberalisation talks with the EU, a first step in a process which could take years.
24.10.13 @ 09:25
Bulgaria’s ultra-nationalist party Ataka has convinced more moderate Bulgarian legislators to extend a ban on the sale of land to foreigners in contravention of EU rules.
16.10.13 @ 17:41
The European Commission has said Albania should be given the green light to open EU membership talks.
08.01.14 @ 19:54
Turkey's police purge risks harming the new momentum in EU relations on the eve of Erdogan's visit to Brussels.
22.11.13 @ 09:27
Brussels and Washington have told Ukraine it is unlikely to get IMF aid after it binned plans to sign an EU treaty.
23.10.13 @ 09:21
The stalled EU membership talks with Turkey are set for relaunch after member states agreed accession negotiations would recommence on 5 November.
03.10.13 @ 09:05
With accession candidate country Serbia facing EU questions on controversial state sell-offs, newly revealed documents shed light on the demise of several big Serbian employers.
News in Brief
- Bribery allegations mar Greek presidential vote@ 14:14
- Russia seeks to jail top anti-corruption activist for 10 years@ 14:13
- IMF holds back tranche for Cyprus@ 09:04
- Tsipras wants to 'cancel austerity' if elected@ 09:03
- Poroshenko calls on parliament to adopt bill on joining Nato@ 09:03
- Italian president to step down@ 09:03
- Poland warns of veto on UK migrant benefits cuts plan@ 09:02
- Dutch coalition saved by deal on health bill@ 01:27
- Tusk praised for 'short, concise' EU summit19'th @ 16:49
- Thousands protest in Brussels against EU-US trade ageement19'th @ 16:45
- Luxembourg caves in to EU tax listing demands19'th @ 09:01
- Merkel: EU strategy is to maintain Russia sanctions19'th @ 01:36
- TTIP by end of 2015, EU leaders pledge19'th @ 01:34
- EU leaders want 'urgent' action on investment fund18'th @ 22:29
- OpinionEU-Turkey ties will survive war of words18'th @ 21:07
- Court crushes EU plan to join human rights convention18'th @ 18:36
- Jan Philipp Albrecht: Study on Data Retention after the Judgement of the Court of Justice of the European Union
- Cecilia Wikström: EU Governments must come clean on CIA torture programme
- Tonino Picula: Georgia needs support of the European Union today!
- Michael Theurer: Noch mehr Schulden sind nicht der Ausweg aus der Schuldenfalle!
- Eva Paunova: Granted JA-YE and AmCham EU Youth Entrepreneurship Award
- Tonino Picula: The youngest European state deserves future in EU, I said to FMA after visiting Kosovo
- Eva Paunova: Meets US Chief negotiator on TTIP during diplomatic visit in Washington DC
- Jerzy Buzek: Congratulations to the town Kisielice for winning the EU 2014 ManagEnergy Award
- Victor Negrescu: S&D40 members meeting with the leader of the S&D Group, Gianni Pitella
- Jan Philipp Albrecht: Digital market/Google: MEPs fail to focus consumer rights and net neutrality
- Access Now: U.S. pushing to undermine net neutrality & privacy in major trade agreements
- Carbon Market Watch: Carbon offsets from Alberta’s tar sands jeopardize EU fuel rules
- Counter Balance: Juncker's investment offensive targets dodgy projects, new stories everyday
- EBF: Downward trend in bank robberies continues
- EBF: Adoption of fourth EU Anti-Money Laundering Directive
- COFACE: News - December 2014
- Oxfam: EU executives’ fixation with private sector compromises commitment to poor people
- Martens Centre: 5 reasons why the end of South Stream should mark the start of Energy Union
- Dialogue Platform: Calls for release of journalists detained in Turkey
- EMHRN: Egypt: Const. Committee Testify to Baselessness of Charges in Shura Council Case