06.02.14 @ 08:50
Montenegro's EU membership negotiations progress against a backdrop of ever-regressing media freedom.
07.01.14 @ 11:16
16.12.13 @ 09:07
02.04.13 @ 08:58
16.08.12 @ 08:44
10.01.14 @ 09:28
EU ministers in December agreed to start accession talks with Serbia, while Kosovo got nothing in return for its blind loyalty to Brussels.
04.12.13 @ 18:53
Turkey is starting visa liberalisation talks with the EU, a first step in a process which could take years.
24.10.13 @ 09:25
Bulgaria’s ultra-nationalist party Ataka has convinced more moderate Bulgarian legislators to extend a ban on the sale of land to foreigners in contravention of EU rules.
08.01.14 @ 19:54
Turkey's police purge risks harming the new momentum in EU relations on the eve of Erdogan's visit to Brussels.
22.11.13 @ 09:27
Brussels and Washington have told Ukraine it is unlikely to get IMF aid after it binned plans to sign an EU treaty.
23.10.13 @ 09:21
The stalled EU membership talks with Turkey are set for relaunch after member states agreed accession negotiations would recommence on 5 November.
16.10.13 @ 17:41
The European Commission has said Albania should be given the green light to open EU membership talks.
17.09.13 @ 09:12
Catalonia's bid for independence hit another obstacle after the EU commission said any breakaway territory would not be part of the EU.
22.07.13 @ 21:19
EU trade officials signed off on a free trade agreement with Georgia on Monday, as the South Caucasus country edges towards finalising an Association agreement with the bloc.
01.07.13 @ 09:03
Croatia became the 28th member of the EU at midnight on Sunday, less than 20 years after gaining independence from Yugoslavia.
03.10.13 @ 09:05
With accession candidate country Serbia facing EU questions on controversial state sell-offs, newly revealed documents shed light on the demise of several big Serbian employers.
21.08.13 @ 09:26
The European Commission has reprimanded Russia over its attempt to intimidate Ukraine on trade.
08.07.13 @ 14:59
Novel language in the draft EU-Georgia association treaty highlights hostility toward further EU expansion.
28.06.13 @ 16:49
Leaders on Friday endorsed the start of accession talks with Serbia and welcomed Croatia's impending EU entry.
News in Brief
- MEPs back cross-border pension rights@ 10:01
- Industry wary of new EU rules on lorry design@ 10:01
- Ukip leader 'taking legal advice' on expenses allegations@ 10:00
- French MEP recalls trips to see porn films@ 10:00
- Berlusconi sentenced to work in old people's home@ 09:59
- EU commission presidency race is 'cosmetic' democracy15'th @ 14:24
- Over half of Czechs say 'too many' foreigners in their country15'th @ 14:12
- MEPs pledge against 'excessive corporate lobbying'15'th @ 11:09
- EU countries to boost defence budgets in light of Ukraine@ 09:29
- EU parliament gives final nod to banking union@ 09:21
- EU ElectionsGerman centre-right election posters show Merkel, not Juncker@ 09:15
- Regional unemployment highest in Spain@ 09:14
- OpinionLearning from the past: EU aid in the Eastern Partnership@ 07:41
- EU to expand Russia blacklist15'th @ 09:30
- EU ElectionsBulgarians protest controversial MEP listing15'th @ 09:29
- Malta legalises same-sex unions and adoption15'th @ 09:29
- ThinkYoung: We want to listen your opinion on youth unemployment & skills mismatch
- EIPA: Summer School on EU law & its Implementation, Luxembourg, 30/06 until 11/07
- EIPA: The Infringement Procedure under Articles 258 & 260 TFEU - Luxembourg 19-20/06/14
- ACCA: New rules to improve shareholder engagement and corporate governance reporting
- European Youth Forum: Open letter to EU bodies, MS and CoE on the situation in Ukraine
- Oxfam: European overseas aid slightly increases but lags behind global trend
- EUA: Changing Landscapes in Learning and Teaching’: Report from the Annual Conference
- Regione Puglia: Capacity building course for regional officers on EU decision-making: 7-11/04
- EJC: President Kantor calls Jobbik electoral gains "a dark day for Europe"
- Oxfam: The staggering cost of armed violence to Africa