08.10.14 @ 15:59
The EU commission is not recommending any fresh steps on Western Balkan enlargement in the next 12 months, with one official saying the policy is in "de facto freeze".
13.06.14 @ 07:56
07.01.14 @ 11:16
16.12.13 @ 09:07
02.09.14 @ 20:29
Italian minister and incoming top EU diplomat Mogherini has called for progress on Western Balkan enlargement, while saying Russia is no longer an EU “partner”.
20.05.14 @ 09:26
A dozen EU countries have sent equipment to Bosnia and Serbia to help deal with “the incredible force of nature” of springtime floods.
06.02.14 @ 08:50
Montenegro's EU membership negotiations progress against a backdrop of ever-regressing media freedom.
14.07.14 @ 18:16
Research indicates that the inflow of migrants from Ukraine, Belarus and Moldova - even after visa liberalisation - will be modest.
30.04.14 @ 18:32
Ten years after enlargement, a Polish and a German town on the river Oder have gone through a 'miraculous' transformation.
10.01.14 @ 09:28
EU ministers in December agreed to start accession talks with Serbia, while Kosovo got nothing in return for its blind loyalty to Brussels.
08.01.14 @ 19:54
Turkey's police purge risks harming the new momentum in EU relations on the eve of Erdogan's visit to Brussels.
22.11.13 @ 09:27
Brussels and Washington have told Ukraine it is unlikely to get IMF aid after it binned plans to sign an EU treaty.
23.10.13 @ 09:21
The stalled EU membership talks with Turkey are set for relaunch after member states agreed accession negotiations would recommence on 5 November.
03.10.13 @ 09:05
With accession candidate country Serbia facing EU questions on controversial state sell-offs, newly revealed documents shed light on the demise of several big Serbian employers.
04.12.13 @ 18:53
Turkey is starting visa liberalisation talks with the EU, a first step in a process which could take years.
24.10.13 @ 09:25
Bulgaria’s ultra-nationalist party Ataka has convinced more moderate Bulgarian legislators to extend a ban on the sale of land to foreigners in contravention of EU rules.
16.10.13 @ 17:41
The European Commission has said Albania should be given the green light to open EU membership talks.
17.09.13 @ 09:12
Catalonia's bid for independence hit another obstacle after the EU commission said any breakaway territory would not be part of the EU.
News in Brief
- Report: EU mission in Kosovo passed information to Serbian spies@ 13:16
- Orban retreats from internet tax plan after protests@ 09:34
- New 'double majority' voting rules come into force@ 09:21
- EU in massive cybersecurity exercise@ 09:10
- IMF warns Greece on early bailout exit@ 08:47
- Spain introduces 'Google tax'@ 08:46
- German unemployment drops despite export problems@ 08:39
- Romanian PM frontrunner in presidential elections@ 08:38
- OpinionJailing Iran’s Internet, one user at a time@ 10:55
- 'No one to stay cold', as Russia and Ukraine clinch winter gas deal@ 09:29
- EU promotes consumption of meat and milk@ 09:27
- InvestigationEurope’s tax haven investments in Africa@ 08:22
- OpinionIn the ‘New’ Turkey, corruption is a thing of the past!@ 08:20
- Barroso, Rehn 'unfairly criticised' for eurozone austerity@ 08:03
- EU mission in Kosovo rocked by corruption allegations30'th @ 19:27
- Oettinger stirs controversy ahead of new role as digital commissioner30'th @ 18:29
- EN.DELFI: Editor: Our readers understand that Russia is not joking
- European Jewish Congress: Sweden recognition of Palestinian State adds fuel to Middle East
- EFA: Catalonia decides on 9N ! Support EFA campaign for democracy and freedom.
- EIPA: European Union Civil Service Law, Brussels, 27-28 November 2014
- Xinhua News Agency: Winners of the WMS Global Awards for Excellence announced
- EGBA: Want to know how the EU online betting industry fights match-fixing?
- Martens Centre: Has Euromaidan Transformed the Ukrainian Political Landscape? Register now!
- EN.DELFI: Floating LNG terminal "Independence" sails into Lithuania