16.12.14 @ 18:08
Member states are starting to draw political red lines on Juncker's investment plan, which was meant to be about pure economic merit.
16.12.14 @ 10:45
16.12.14 @ 10:39
08.12.14 @ 16:53
22.10.14 @ 18:30
15.12.14 @ 09:34
International climate talks in Lima saw the adoption of an agreement on Sunday on the next steps to take to achieve a climate treaty in Paris in 2015.
12.12.14 @ 09:21
Climate negotiators went to Lima in an optimistic atmosphere, but hopes for a strong outcome to the discussions have receded with just one day of talks left.
09.12.14 @ 09:23
Deferred maintenance and a lack of investments combined with a series of accidents have increased the chance of blackouts in Belgium.
12.12.14 @ 09:26
A group of 10 environmental NGOs are “deeply concerned” by draft European Commission plans to scrap proposals aimed at improving air quality and reducing waste.
10.12.14 @ 19:06
There is still a long way to go before agreement can be reached European Commissioner Miguel Arias Canete has said from Lima.
05.12.14 @ 07:18
EU states will find it easier to ban the cultivation of genetically modified crops on their territories, under a new EU agreement.
02.12.14 @ 09:28
With the temporary closure of Tihange 3, for a few days Belgium's power grid was surviving on just two of its seven nuclear reactors.
18.11.14 @ 11:51
There is "good momentum" to reach an international climate deal in Paris in 2015, according to a top US official.
12.11.14 @ 09:20
The US and China on Wednesday announced an unexpected climate deal in a move that may ease European industry fears that the EU's climate goals are risking its competitive edge.
03.11.14 @ 09:29
If the world wants to keep the effects of global warming to a minimum, it needs to ensure that by the year 2100, there are almost no emissions of greenhouse gases like CO2.
19.11.14 @ 18:25
National courts can force EU states to meet clean air targets even if EU institutions grant delays, according to a new verdict by Europe's top tribunal.
17.11.14 @ 09:25
The European Commission is expected to take measures on Monday to contain an outbreak of bird flu in the Netherlands.
11.11.14 @ 15:57
MEPs say member states should have the right to ban genetically modified crops from their territory even if the EU has already approved their cultivation.
31.10.14 @ 09:27
The European Union is investing around €33 million to promote European agricultural products in the EU.
News in Brief
- Wilders to be prosecuted for 'fewer Moroccans' chant@ 09:54
- Uber asks EU to overturn French ban@ 09:16
- Dimas fails in first vote to become Greek president@ 09:15
- Unclear if Dutch PM will be at Brussels summit@ 09:14
- ECB considering new moves to boost euro economy@ 09:10
- EU summit to call for conclusion of TTIP talks in 2015@ 09:00
- Turkish leader continues to attack EU@ 08:52
- Israeli PM in anti-EU tirade@ 08:49
- Obesity now considered a disability in EU law@ 10:33
- Spain pushes for taxation debate at EU summit@ 09:29
- OpinionIsrael and Palestine: Recognising the need for difficult compromises@ 09:28
- EU welcomes thaw in US-Cuba relations@ 09:14
- EU nations face mounting pressure over CIA black sites17'th @ 18:48
- Government optimism leads to missed budget targets17'th @ 18:26
- German cabinet approves road toll aimed at foreigners17'th @ 17:56
- EU ministers disregard scientific advice on fish quotas17'th @ 17:42
- Counter Balance: Juncker's investment offensive targets dodgy projects, new stories everyday
- EBF: Downward trend in bank robberies continues
- EBF: Adoption of fourth EU Anti-Money Laundering Directive
- European Federalist Party: Results of the Lima Conference
- COFACE: News - December 2014
- Oxfam: EU executives’ fixation with private sector compromises commitment to poor people
- Martens Centre: 5 reasons why the end of South Stream should mark the start of Energy Union
- Dialogue Platform: Calls for release of journalists detained in Turkey
- EMHRN: Egypt: Const. Committee Testify to Baselessness of Charges in Shura Council Case
- Red Cross: We must stay focused and sustain our efforts to stop Ebola