09.04.14 @ 19:59
New proposals to phase out subsidies for renewable energy producers have met with accusations of a "corporate capture" of EU policymaking.
24.03.14 @ 18:48
Belize, Cambodia, and Guinea are banned from selling fish to the EU.
22.01.14 @ 17:35
The EU commission has backed away from regulating shale gas extraction, leaving national governments in charge on the controversial practice.
10.12.13 @ 20:03
Euro-deputies on Tuesday in Strasbourg rejected a proposal to ban bottom-sea trawling and bottom gillnetting.
18.02.14 @ 09:29
Germany is on collision course with the EU commission over subsidies to energy-intensive industries, which Brussels says run counter to EU goals on greener sources.
22.01.14 @ 15:38
The EU commission has put out new greenhouse gas targets designed not to damage its economy, while upholding its status as a world leader on climate change.
25.11.13 @ 09:22
Climate delegates in Warsaw have pieced together a last minute deal to cut greenhouse gas emissions.
22.11.13 @ 09:25
Over a dozen leading pro-environment NGOs walked out of the United Nations climate change talks in Warsaw on Thursday as a handful of countries, led by Poland, threaten to derail a future global agreement.
04.11.13 @ 17:13
The EU commission has tabled measures to reduce the use of plastic carrier bags, with Danes using just four bags each a while but Poles use almost 500.
16.10.13 @ 09:30
German Chancellor Angela Merkel has come under fire over a €690,000 donation from the family behind carmaker BMW at a time when her government blocked an EU cap on CO2 emissions for cars.
15.10.13 @ 09:22
EU environment ministers have caved in to German pressure and agreed to reopen a deal on capping car emissions, to the disappointment of climate change campaigners.
07.11.13 @ 09:11
The EU commission has said EU countries should decide whether a US-made GM maize, said to harm butterflies and moths, can be grown in Europe.
29.10.13 @ 09:23
A powerful storm that swept across the United Kingdom and into northern Europe left over a dozen dead, thousands without power, and many stranded at airports.
15.10.13 @ 20:33
Over 90 percent of people living in Europe's cities are exposed to high levels of dangerous air pollutants, according to research by the EU's environment watchdog.
14.10.13 @ 17:49
The European Commission has listed 250 energy infrastructure projects eligible for quicker EU funding in the next seven years.
News in Brief
- Court clears Anglo-Irish boss17'th @ 09:26
- Juncker wants politicians in EU commission, not bureaucrats17'th @ 09:26
- Nato increases military presence in eastern Europe17'th @ 09:26
- EU and Switzerland edging closer to free movement deal17'th @ 09:25
- MEPs back cross-border pension rights16'th @ 10:01
- Industry wary of new EU rules on lorry design16'th @ 10:01
- Ukip leader 'taking legal advice' on expenses allegations16'th @ 10:00
- French MEP recalls trips to see porn films16'th @ 10:00
- Pro-Russia separatists reject EU and US-brokered pact18'th @ 17:22
- Russia and China forge closer ties, as EU explores sanctions17'th @ 09:29
- Europe faces worst human rights 'crisis' in decades17'th @ 09:29
- MEPs upset over Schulz's double role as president and candidate17'th @ 09:25
- EU countries to boost defence budgets in light of Ukraine16'th @ 09:29
- EU parliament gives final nod to banking union16'th @ 09:21
- EU ElectionsGerman centre-right election posters show Merkel, not Juncker16'th @ 09:15
- Regional unemployment highest in Spain16'th @ 09:14
- ACCA: European Parliament backs non financial reporting deals
- CESI: TTIP: Fears of the Unknown, Registration for CESI@noon lunch debate on Mon 28th April
- ThinkYoung: We want to listen your opinion on youth unemployment & skills mismatch
- EIPA: Summer School on EU law & its Implementation, Luxembourg, 30/06 until 11/07
- EIPA: The Infringement Procedure under Articles 258 & 260 TFEU - Luxembourg 19-20/06/14
- ACCA: New rules to improve shareholder engagement and corporate governance reporting
- European Youth Forum: Open letter to EU bodies, MS and CoE on the situation in Ukraine
- Oxfam: European overseas aid slightly increases but lags behind global trend
- EUA: Changing Landscapes in Learning and Teaching’: Report from the Annual Conference
- Regione Puglia: Capacity building course for regional officers on EU decision-making: 7-11/04