18.02.14 @ 09:29
Germany is on collision course with the EU commission over subsidies to energy-intensive industries, which Brussels says run counter to EU goals on greener sources.
22.01.14 @ 17:35
The EU commission has backed away from regulating shale gas extraction, leaving national governments in charge on the controversial practice.
10.12.13 @ 20:03
Euro-deputies on Tuesday in Strasbourg rejected a proposal to ban bottom-sea trawling and bottom gillnetting.
22.11.13 @ 09:25
Over a dozen leading pro-environment NGOs walked out of the United Nations climate change talks in Warsaw on Thursday as a handful of countries, led by Poland, threaten to derail a future global agreement.
22.01.14 @ 15:38
The EU commission has put out new greenhouse gas targets designed not to damage its economy, while upholding its status as a world leader on climate change.
25.11.13 @ 09:22
Climate delegates in Warsaw have pieced together a last minute deal to cut greenhouse gas emissions.
07.11.13 @ 09:11
The EU commission has said EU countries should decide whether a US-made GM maize, said to harm butterflies and moths, can be grown in Europe.
04.11.13 @ 17:13
The EU commission has tabled measures to reduce the use of plastic carrier bags, with Danes using just four bags each a while but Poles use almost 500.
16.10.13 @ 09:30
German Chancellor Angela Merkel has come under fire over a €690,000 donation from the family behind carmaker BMW at a time when her government blocked an EU cap on CO2 emissions for cars.
15.10.13 @ 09:22
EU environment ministers have caved in to German pressure and agreed to reopen a deal on capping car emissions, to the disappointment of climate change campaigners.
10.10.13 @ 09:45
The EU predicts it will meet its 2020 targets to reduce carbon emissions and increase use of renewable energy, despite backsliding by some countries.
29.10.13 @ 09:23
A powerful storm that swept across the United Kingdom and into northern Europe left over a dozen dead, thousands without power, and many stranded at airports.
15.10.13 @ 20:33
Over 90 percent of people living in Europe's cities are exposed to high levels of dangerous air pollutants, according to research by the EU's environment watchdog.
14.10.13 @ 17:49
The European Commission has listed 250 energy infrastructure projects eligible for quicker EU funding in the next seven years.
27.09.13 @ 23:01
Leading scientists backed by 110 governments say the dumping of greenhouse gas emissions through human activity is directly linked to climate change.
News in Brief
- Juncker elected EPP's top candidate for commission presidency7'th @ 16:01
- Ten EU countries want Ukraine mission7'th @ 13:40
- Centre-right group adopts election manifesto7'th @ 13:04
- Centre-right leaders say Ukraine has a shot at EU membership7'th @ 13:03
- Russian ambassador pours scorn on EU 'freezes'7'th @ 10:27
- Cuba accepts offer to restore EU relations7'th @ 09:23
- Spain spends millions to keep immigrants out7'th @ 09:23
- Erdogan threatens to ban YouTube and Facebook7'th @ 09:22
- EU ElectionsJuncker elected centre-right's top EU candidate7'th @ 19:12
- Edward Snowden wants asylum in EU7'th @ 19:04
- OpinionOn 'doing' Ukraine7'th @ 18:38
- Centre-right leaders give Ukraine hope of EU membership7'th @ 17:56
- Stiglitz: ECB should scrap inflation targets7'th @ 09:34
- Transparency group pushes for stronger whistleblower laws7'th @ 09:28
- 'Putin will go as far as the West allows him to'7'th @ 09:19
- EU ElectionsAustrian far-right set for strong showing in EU vote7'th @ 08:58
- COFACE: and COFACE-Disability on the occasion of International Women’s Day
- Irradiare: EU workshop on biomethane – markets, value chains and applications
- Counter Balance: Take a virtual lobby tour through the heart of the EU
- EMHRN: International Women’s Day: Violence rises, impunity prevails
- EuFoA: Latest paper "EU-Armenia relations: future developments & prospects" published
- Greenpeace: EU energy ministers should get back in the saddle on climate & energy policy
- SUPERHUB: Join us at CeBIT 2014 Hannover the largest fair showcasing IT and telecom solutions
- COFACE: Less than 100 days to go to #EP2014. Need more info ? Sign up for #FamiliesVOTE2014
- EMHRN: Syrian Rights Groups to the Human Rights Council: Stop Violence against Women in Syria!
- EIPA: Efficiency and Quality of Justice Luxembourg, 27-28 March 2014