19.11.14 @ 18:25
National courts can force EU states to meet clean air targets even if EU institutions grant delays, according to a new verdict by Europe's top tribunal.
22.10.14 @ 18:30
13.10.14 @ 10:00
27.06.14 @ 09:02
18.11.14 @ 11:51
There is "good momentum" to reach an international climate deal in Paris in 2015, according to a top US official.
12.11.14 @ 09:20
The US and China on Wednesday announced an unexpected climate deal in a move that may ease European industry fears that the EU's climate goals are risking its competitive edge.
03.11.14 @ 09:29
If the world wants to keep the effects of global warming to a minimum, it needs to ensure that by the year 2100, there are almost no emissions of greenhouse gases like CO2.
17.11.14 @ 09:25
The European Commission is expected to take measures on Monday to contain an outbreak of bird flu in the Netherlands.
11.11.14 @ 15:57
MEPs say member states should have the right to ban genetically modified crops from their territory even if the EU has already approved their cultivation.
31.10.14 @ 09:27
The European Union is investing around €33 million to promote European agricultural products in the EU.
29.10.14 @ 19:02
Up to nine EU countries may buy their way to achieving targets set under an international climate change treaty.
24.10.14 @ 03:59
EU leaders have agreed to cut greenhouse emissions by 40 percent by 2030, but poorer states won concessions, while green NGOs voiced dismay.
23.10.14 @ 09:29
EU leaders are meeting in Brussels for what are expected to be tough negotiations on climate targets. The economy and Ebola will also be discussed.
06.10.14 @ 09:28
The feasibility of a Dutch energy agreement - heralded as “an important step towards a cleaner future” - has been thrown into question a year after it was signed.
24.10.14 @ 16:58
The climate agreement “opens the door to greater ambition by all countries”, the head of UN body on climate change said.
23.10.14 @ 21:41
The 2030 climate and energy targets which EU leaders are trying to agree at a Brussels summit on Thursday will not be set in stone.
13.10.14 @ 09:24
EU countries are going their own way on nuclear energy, amid a renewed debate on the security and environmental risks of the technology.
02.10.14 @ 09:31
Six Central and Eastern European member states are opposing binding climate targets for the EU.
News in Brief
- MEPs back anti-Google resolution27'th @ 14:12
- European Parliament approves new data protection supervisor27'th @ 14:06
- EU to blacklist 13 people, five entities over Ukraine27'th @ 14:05
- EU lawmakers agree deal on investment funds27'th @ 13:19
- Juncker survives confidence vote27'th @ 12:16
- EP postpones decision on LuxLeaks inquiry27'th @ 11:38
- Van Rompuy to teach at College of Europe27'th @ 09:47
- Bulgaria won't sign EU-US trade deal until visas are scrapped27'th @ 09:13
- France, Italy, Belgium to get extra three months on deficit and debt27'th @ 20:01
- EU blacklists 13 Ukrainians over Russia war27'th @ 18:10
- OpinionTurkey needs its women, Mr Erdogan27'th @ 17:06
- AnalysisEurope's 'last chance' investment scheme depends on pension funds27'th @ 11:07
- Mediapart: National Front's Kremlin loan is worth €40mn27'th @ 09:28
- MEP vote ups pressure on EU to break up Google27'th @ 09:26
- OpinionCommon European investment programme needed26'th @ 18:30
- EU regulators want right-to-be forgotten to go global26'th @ 18:24
- Danuta Hübner: Danuta Hübner at the first meeting of the EPP Working Group on TTiP
- Danuta Hübner: Jobs, Growth & Investment Package to succeed if mobilizes private sector
- Eva Paunova: Digital techs must be recognised as best route to growth and development
- Jan Philipp Albrecht: EU-Canada PNR scheme must have legality assessed by European Court
- Cecilia Wikström: Interview - From a priest to an MEP
- Martina Dlabajová: Still no discharge for the Council from the Budgetary Control Committee
- Jerzy Buzek: Reindustrialisation & climate targets married via research on clean coal technologies
- Michael Theurer: Dalligate II: Time to return to the facts and follow checks and balances
- Victor Negrescu: The Next Generation Innovators
- Access Now: Wishing “Bon voyage” to PNR agreements in Europe
- EBF: EBF underlines need to match EFSI funds with stable economic framework
- European SchoolNet: Making competence based education a reality in schools across Europe
- CESI: Breaking Down Barriers: Towards Gender Equality at Work. Lunch debate, 11 Dec
- Counter Balance: Junker investment package shifts risks from private investors to EU taxpayers
- ThinkYoung: Join the Charity Dinner for UNICEF by ThinkYoung & Burson Marsteller to fight Ebola!
- Access Now: Save the Internet: The EU MS are about to turn their backs on Net Neutrality
- EU Spirits: Do you know how apples & pears go into a bottle ?
- Martens Centre: Invites you to the Transatlantic Think Tank Conference on 4 Dec, register now!
- EMHRN: Day for the Elimination of Violence vs. Women: Bleak Picture for the Euro-Med Region