03.07.14 @ 09:28
The European Commission on Wednesday laid out new targets to boost recycling and curb waste throughout the Union.
27.06.14 @ 09:02
12.06.14 @ 18:05
A political agreement on genetically modified (GM) crops by EU environment ministers in Luxembourg has sparked protest from both pro-green NGOs and biotech companies.
09.04.14 @ 19:59
New proposals to phase out subsidies for renewable energy producers have met with accusations of a "corporate capture" of EU policymaking.
18.02.14 @ 09:29
Germany is on collision course with the EU commission over subsidies to energy-intensive industries, which Brussels says run counter to EU goals on greener sources.
28.04.14 @ 09:20
The European Commission is working on policy solutions it says are needed to better address the consequences of a rising population, excessive consumption, and dwindling resources.
24.03.14 @ 18:48
Belize, Cambodia, and Guinea are banned from selling fish to the EU.
22.01.14 @ 17:35
The EU commission has backed away from regulating shale gas extraction, leaving national governments in charge on the controversial practice.
22.01.14 @ 15:38
The EU commission has put out new greenhouse gas targets designed not to damage its economy, while upholding its status as a world leader on climate change.
25.11.13 @ 09:22
Climate delegates in Warsaw have pieced together a last minute deal to cut greenhouse gas emissions.
07.11.13 @ 09:11
The EU commission has said EU countries should decide whether a US-made GM maize, said to harm butterflies and moths, can be grown in Europe.
29.10.13 @ 09:23
A powerful storm that swept across the United Kingdom and into northern Europe left over a dozen dead, thousands without power, and many stranded at airports.
10.12.13 @ 20:03
Euro-deputies on Tuesday in Strasbourg rejected a proposal to ban bottom-sea trawling and bottom gillnetting.
22.11.13 @ 09:25
Over a dozen leading pro-environment NGOs walked out of the United Nations climate change talks in Warsaw on Thursday as a handful of countries, led by Poland, threaten to derail a future global agreement.
04.11.13 @ 17:13
The EU commission has tabled measures to reduce the use of plastic carrier bags, with Danes using just four bags each a while but Poles use almost 500.
16.10.13 @ 09:30
German Chancellor Angela Merkel has come under fire over a €690,000 donation from the family behind carmaker BMW at a time when her government blocked an EU cap on CO2 emissions for cars.
News in Brief
- Romania nominates Dacian Ciolos for EU agriculture commissioner@ 11:24
- Experts arrive at Malaysia flight crash site in Ukraine@ 08:41
- Israel and Hamas agree to 72-hour ceasefire@ 08:40
- Convention on violence against women enters into force@ 08:38
- Italy nominates Mogherini for EU foreign policy post@ 08:22
- Report: Poland nominates Sikorski for EU commission31'st @ 21:54
- Human rights court fines Russia €1.8bn31'st @ 10:37
- Sweden nominates Malmstrom for commissioner post31'st @ 10:36
- InvestigationBarroso tops commission travel expenses in 2012@ 16:36
- EU hits Russia's largest banks, imposes arms embargo31'st @ 22:18
- Russia ordered to pay €1.8bn by human rights court31'st @ 17:22
- New EU commission risks delay over gender issue31'st @ 15:25
- Israeli attack on school in Gaza is 'outrageous', says UN31'st @ 09:30
- Russia threatens Europe with higher energy prices31'st @ 09:04
- EU blacklists three Putin 'cronies'30'th @ 21:59
- Ebola risk in Europe 'extremely low'30'th @ 19:17
- EEAS: Statement on the downing of Malaysia Airlines flight. In memoriam of Pim de Kuijer
- IFSBH: Join our new initiative: People United for Spina Bifida and Hydrocephalus!
- ACCA: Supports a coherent EU Single Market as to the balance of competences in the UK
- EIPA: Preparing for New EPSO Competitions: Luxembourg, 08 September 2014
- EIPA: Tools for Implementation of EU Policies at National Level. Luxembourg, 22-25/ 09/ 2014
- EPHA: 5th Annual Conference 4-5 September 2014, Brussels | Register before 31st July
- Centre Maurits Coppieters: Launches a new youtube channel
- ACCA: Implementing the New European Accounting Directive: Making the right choices
- UNESDA: Impact of food taxes on public health inconclusive and contradictory as per EC study
- European Federalist Party: Juncker is the 1st elected European Commission President