29.10.14 @ 19:02
Up to nine EU countries may buy their way to achieving targets set under an international climate change treaty.
22.10.14 @ 18:30
13.10.14 @ 10:00
27.06.14 @ 09:02
24.10.14 @ 16:58
The climate agreement “opens the door to greater ambition by all countries”, the head of UN body on climate change said.
23.10.14 @ 21:41
The 2030 climate and energy targets which EU leaders are trying to agree at a Brussels summit on Thursday will not be set in stone.
13.10.14 @ 09:24
EU countries are going their own way on nuclear energy, amid a renewed debate on the security and environmental risks of the technology.
24.10.14 @ 03:59
EU leaders have agreed to cut greenhouse emissions by 40 percent by 2030, but poorer states won concessions, while green NGOs voiced dismay.
23.10.14 @ 09:29
EU leaders are meeting in Brussels for what are expected to be tough negotiations on climate targets. The economy and Ebola will also be discussed.
06.10.14 @ 09:28
The feasibility of a Dutch energy agreement - heralded as “an important step towards a cleaner future” - has been thrown into question a year after it was signed.
02.10.14 @ 09:31
Six Central and Eastern European member states are opposing binding climate targets for the EU.
03.07.14 @ 09:28
The European Commission on Wednesday laid out new targets to boost recycling and curb waste throughout the Union.
28.04.14 @ 09:20
The European Commission is working on policy solutions it says are needed to better address the consequences of a rising population, excessive consumption, and dwindling resources.
24.03.14 @ 18:48
Belize, Cambodia, and Guinea are banned from selling fish to the EU.
24.09.14 @ 09:27
World leaders on Tuesday pledged to step up efforts to fight climate change in the run-up to a global climate agreement in Paris at end of next year.
12.06.14 @ 18:05
A political agreement on genetically modified (GM) crops by EU environment ministers in Luxembourg has sparked protest from both pro-green NGOs and biotech companies.
09.04.14 @ 19:59
New proposals to phase out subsidies for renewable energy producers have met with accusations of a "corporate capture" of EU policymaking.
18.02.14 @ 09:29
Germany is on collision course with the EU commission over subsidies to energy-intensive industries, which Brussels says run counter to EU goals on greener sources.
News in Brief
- Dutch research team finds human remains at MH17 crash site31'st @ 18:29
- EU unemployment rate unchanged in September31'st @ 17:52
- UK's EU contribution up €3.5 billion in 201331'st @ 17:52
- German autobahn toll set to be introduced in 201631'st @ 14:39
- Frontex-led operation Triton has enough money for 2 months31'st @ 14:35
- Eurozone inflation rate marginally up31'st @ 13:54
- Report: EU mission in Kosovo passed information to Serbian spies31'st @ 13:16
- Orban retreats from internet tax plan after protests31'st @ 09:34
- Whistleblower urges external probe into EU mission in Kosovo31'st @ 19:13
- 'Better than Belgium', or the long goodbye31'st @ 19:09
- AgendaJuncker commission starts this WEEK31'st @ 18:39
- EU lodges new WTO protest against Russia31'st @ 18:35
- OpinionJailing Iran’s Internet, one user at a time31'st @ 10:55
- 'No one to stay cold', as Russia and Ukraine clinch winter gas deal31'st @ 09:29
- EU promotes consumption of meat and milk31'st @ 09:27
- InvestigationEurope’s tax haven investments in Africa31'st @ 08:22
- Counter Balance: Ombudsman: EIB weakens EU to strengthen rule of law in Bosnia-Herzegovina
- EBF: The new EU Financial Reporting Advisory Group Board marks new milestone in governance
- EuropeanIssuers & FESE: European Small and Mid-Cap Awards - 26th November 2014
- EN.DELFI: Editor: Our readers understand that Russia is not joking
- European Jewish Congress: Sweden recognition of Palestinian State adds fuel to Middle East
- EFA: Catalonia decides on 9N ! Support EFA campaign for democracy and freedom.
- European SchoolNet: Europe needs to boost the E-skills to tap the job creation potential of ICT
- European SchoolNet: European government agencies & industry combine to combat bullying
- EIPA: European Union Civil Service Law, Brussels, 27-28 November 2014
- EGBA: Want to know how the EU online betting industry fights match-fixing?