03.07.14 @ 09:28
The European Commission on Wednesday laid out new targets to boost recycling and curb waste throughout the Union.
27.06.14 @ 09:02
12.06.14 @ 18:05
A political agreement on genetically modified (GM) crops by EU environment ministers in Luxembourg has sparked protest from both pro-green NGOs and biotech companies.
09.04.14 @ 19:59
New proposals to phase out subsidies for renewable energy producers have met with accusations of a "corporate capture" of EU policymaking.
18.02.14 @ 09:29
Germany is on collision course with the EU commission over subsidies to energy-intensive industries, which Brussels says run counter to EU goals on greener sources.
28.04.14 @ 09:20
The European Commission is working on policy solutions it says are needed to better address the consequences of a rising population, excessive consumption, and dwindling resources.
24.03.14 @ 18:48
Belize, Cambodia, and Guinea are banned from selling fish to the EU.
22.01.14 @ 17:35
The EU commission has backed away from regulating shale gas extraction, leaving national governments in charge on the controversial practice.
22.01.14 @ 15:38
The EU commission has put out new greenhouse gas targets designed not to damage its economy, while upholding its status as a world leader on climate change.
25.11.13 @ 09:22
Climate delegates in Warsaw have pieced together a last minute deal to cut greenhouse gas emissions.
07.11.13 @ 09:11
The EU commission has said EU countries should decide whether a US-made GM maize, said to harm butterflies and moths, can be grown in Europe.
29.10.13 @ 09:23
A powerful storm that swept across the United Kingdom and into northern Europe left over a dozen dead, thousands without power, and many stranded at airports.
10.12.13 @ 20:03
Euro-deputies on Tuesday in Strasbourg rejected a proposal to ban bottom-sea trawling and bottom gillnetting.
22.11.13 @ 09:25
Over a dozen leading pro-environment NGOs walked out of the United Nations climate change talks in Warsaw on Thursday as a handful of countries, led by Poland, threaten to derail a future global agreement.
04.11.13 @ 17:13
The EU commission has tabled measures to reduce the use of plastic carrier bags, with Danes using just four bags each a while but Poles use almost 500.
16.10.13 @ 09:30
German Chancellor Angela Merkel has come under fire over a €690,000 donation from the family behind carmaker BMW at a time when her government blocked an EU cap on CO2 emissions for cars.
News in Brief
- Four million to study under new Erasmus programme@ 17:53
- French PM briefs Merkel on reforms@ 14:26
- EU commission says did not receive threat alert@ 12:35
- Anti-war protest in Moscow attracts thousands@ 12:35
- Turkey reacts to surge in Syria refugees@ 12:34
- Romanian leaders blame each other for being spies@ 09:56
- Sarkozy to run for UMP leadership@ 09:56
- Families of German MH17 victims to sue Ukraine@ 08:58
- ECB ready to use more "unconventional tools" to spur economy@ 18:07
- AnalysisFailure to launch: Is the ECB's tool-kit empty?@ 18:02
- FocusChronic Diseases@ 17:01
- FocusThe worrying state of Europeans' lungs@ 17:01
- FocusEU wakes up to its chronic disease problem@ 17:01
- FocusChronic diseases - the biggest killer in Europe@ 15:16
- Europe needs new stimulus to ward off crisis, US treasury warns@ 10:13
- OpinionISIS and the rise of Islamism: the bell also tolls for Europe@ 09:54
- EBF: European banks and Europol join forces to fight cybercrime
- MEP Dita Charanzová: Hearing on EU-Russia Sanctions: a new Trade Policy? 24/09, 13h.
- EMHRN: UN Commission on Syria recognises dangers facing human rights defenders
- EU-ASE: Business leaders push the Danish Government for ambitious energy savings
- Oxfam: Back to school
- CESI: Event: Working Time Directive – new term, new impetus? 25 September 2014, 1pm-3pm
- Martens Centre: Economic Ideas Forum 2014, 16-17 Oct in Bratislava, register now!
- EBF: Tax Conference to review G20 talks on Automatic Exchange
- EuFoA: Basque Parliament recognizes Nagorno-Karabakh self-determination
- Europeche: EU fishing sector demands responsible and committed future Commissioner