24.10.14 @ 16:58
The climate agreement “opens the door to greater ambition by all countries”, the head of UN body on climate change said.
22.10.14 @ 18:30
13.10.14 @ 10:00
27.06.14 @ 09:02
24.10.14 @ 03:59
EU leaders have agreed to cut greenhouse emissions by 40 percent by 2030, but poorer states won concessions, while green NGOs voiced dismay.
23.10.14 @ 09:29
EU leaders are meeting in Brussels for what are expected to be tough negotiations on climate targets. The economy and Ebola will also be discussed.
06.10.14 @ 09:28
The feasibility of a Dutch energy agreement - heralded as “an important step towards a cleaner future” - has been thrown into question a year after it was signed.
23.10.14 @ 21:41
The 2030 climate and energy targets which EU leaders are trying to agree at a Brussels summit on Thursday will not be set in stone.
13.10.14 @ 09:24
EU countries are going their own way on nuclear energy, amid a renewed debate on the security and environmental risks of the technology.
02.10.14 @ 09:31
Six Central and Eastern European member states are opposing binding climate targets for the EU.
24.09.14 @ 09:27
World leaders on Tuesday pledged to step up efforts to fight climate change in the run-up to a global climate agreement in Paris at end of next year.
12.06.14 @ 18:05
A political agreement on genetically modified (GM) crops by EU environment ministers in Luxembourg has sparked protest from both pro-green NGOs and biotech companies.
09.04.14 @ 19:59
New proposals to phase out subsidies for renewable energy producers have met with accusations of a "corporate capture" of EU policymaking.
18.02.14 @ 09:29
Germany is on collision course with the EU commission over subsidies to energy-intensive industries, which Brussels says run counter to EU goals on greener sources.
03.07.14 @ 09:28
The European Commission on Wednesday laid out new targets to boost recycling and curb waste throughout the Union.
28.04.14 @ 09:20
The European Commission is working on policy solutions it says are needed to better address the consequences of a rising population, excessive consumption, and dwindling resources.
24.03.14 @ 18:48
Belize, Cambodia, and Guinea are banned from selling fish to the EU.
22.01.14 @ 17:35
The EU commission has backed away from regulating shale gas extraction, leaving national governments in charge on the controversial practice.
News in Brief
- Report: 25 banks to fail ECB stress tests24'th @ 20:07
- Renzi contradicts Cameron on 'lethal weapon' quote24'th @ 18:09
- Cameron 'angry' over extra EU bill of €2bn24'th @ 15:01
- Ice-cold relations inside the ECB: report24'th @ 09:01
- Soros: EU has lost its way24'th @ 09:00
- European bank stress tests to reveal small problems: report24'th @ 08:59
- Beer and wine fuelled EU climate deal24'th @ 08:57
- No comment from Barroso on extra €2 billion from UK24'th @ 03:32
- Van Rompuy and Barroso leave EU stage with porcelain plates24'th @ 20:13
- Draghi warns eurozone leaders on recession 'relapse'24'th @ 20:09
- Hungary's Orban stonewalls US corruption allegations24'th @ 18:04
- UN welcomes EU climate deal24'th @ 16:58
- Cameron vows to reject €2 billion EU bill24'th @ 16:16
- Cameron slapped with new €2bn EU bill24'th @ 09:47
- Cyprus seeks harsh EU statement on Turkey24'th @ 09:29
- Renzi stirs up EU row ahead of eurozone meeting24'th @ 09:27
- EuroCommerce: New Commission offers fresh approach, but over-ambitious portfolio casts shadow
- EN.DELFI: How Russia wages hybrid energy war against Lithuania
- Oxfam: Europe must review climate targets after weak climate package deal
- Red Cross: A humanitarian approach within the EU Migration Agenda: 20 November @ EESC
- Counter Balance: Thousands urge the EU Commission to ditch biodiversity offsetting
- Oxfam: Bolder EU response needed to help stop Ebola spiralling out of control
- CESI: Ebola requires action: CESI demands full protection of healthcare workers at risk
- EGBA: Want to know how the EU online betting industry fights match-fixing?
- Access Now: Commissioners hearings: The many faces of Digital in the new Commission
- CESI: Taxation at the heart of the crisis, CESI Europe Academy discusses #TaxinEU