25.11.13 @ 09:22
Climate delegates in Warsaw have pieced together a last minute deal to cut greenhouse gas emissions.
29.10.13 @ 09:00
22.11.13 @ 09:25
Over a dozen leading pro-environment NGOs walked out of the United Nations climate change talks in Warsaw on Thursday as a handful of countries, led by Poland, threaten to derail a future global agreement.
04.11.13 @ 17:13
The EU commission has tabled measures to reduce the use of plastic carrier bags, with Danes using just four bags each a while but Poles use almost 500.
16.10.13 @ 09:30
German Chancellor Angela Merkel has come under fire over a €690,000 donation from the family behind carmaker BMW at a time when her government blocked an EU cap on CO2 emissions for cars.
07.11.13 @ 09:11
The EU commission has said EU countries should decide whether a US-made GM maize, said to harm butterflies and moths, can be grown in Europe.
29.10.13 @ 09:23
A powerful storm that swept across the United Kingdom and into northern Europe left over a dozen dead, thousands without power, and many stranded at airports.
15.10.13 @ 20:33
Over 90 percent of people living in Europe's cities are exposed to high levels of dangerous air pollutants, according to research by the EU's environment watchdog.
15.10.13 @ 09:22
EU environment ministers have caved in to German pressure and agreed to reopen a deal on capping car emissions, to the disappointment of climate change campaigners.
10.10.13 @ 09:45
The EU predicts it will meet its 2020 targets to reduce carbon emissions and increase use of renewable energy, despite backsliding by some countries.
04.09.13 @ 09:29
Three days into protests against a gold mine project, the Romanian President said he may call for a referendum during EU elections next year.
16.07.13 @ 20:52
The EU commission has updated its list of banned fishing vessels, but pro-environment critics say it is not enough.
14.10.13 @ 17:49
The European Commission has listed 250 energy infrastructure projects eligible for quicker EU funding in the next seven years.
27.09.13 @ 23:01
Leading scientists backed by 110 governments say the dumping of greenhouse gas emissions through human activity is directly linked to climate change.
02.08.13 @ 16:32
Paris has escalated a simmering trade row with Germany by formally notifying the European Commission of its move to block the sale of the latest Mercedes models in France.
28.06.13 @ 08:43
American co-leadership on climate change is desperately needed, but the gap between Obama's self-congratulatory, upbeat tone and the meagre policy is too wide.
News in Brief
- EU fears Yanukovych to take 'revenge' on protesters
- Young Social Democrats vote against Merkel's coalition
- Report: Ukraine agrees to join Russia's Customs Union
- Berlin euro meeting 'one of many,' commission says
- MEPs head to Kiev, as authorities threaten crackdown
- Merkel has 'no memory' of pressuring Spain
- Mini-Eurogroup aims to reach deal on banking authority
- Germany offers technical support to France in Africa
- Gazprom hits back at EU on South Stream
- Schaeuble to host mini-Eurogroup on banking union
- Seed industry to benefit from new EU regulation, NGO says
- Franco-German car dispute escalates
- EU to ban bee-killing pesticides
- China beats EU to Arctic Council membership
- EU energy projects: no benefit for 150 years
- EU law to create market for electric cars
- Poland obstructed EU climate ambitions at Doha, activists say
- EU lists 'key' energy projects amid criticism
- Ban on bee-killing pesticides postponed
- EU carbon market boosts emissions, NGOs say
Regions & Cities
- Economic governance tool to be part of regional aid
- Berlin citizens keen to buy their electricity grid
- German city flats are overpriced, says Bundesbank
- EU cohesion policy: 'No more business as usual'
- If you build it, will they come?
- Interview'National governments declining in importance'
- Brussels: An EU capital in the making
- Beja airport: A runway to nowhere?
- Bringing high speed internet to the 'middle of nowhere'
- Arctic region to see greater focus in EU aid
- EU looks to 'hybrid drones' for legal shortcut on migration
- MEPs approve EU border surveillance system
- 'Virtual borders' scheme to track every non-EU citizen
- Security industry is shaping EU legislation
- Private security firms cash in on guarding EU borders
- Private firms put price tag on migrant suicides
- Gaddafi-tainted firm scoops EU contract
- InvestigationEUobserver investigative reports
- InvestigationAbout Nikolaj Nielsen
- Merkel denies pressuring Spain on bailout6'th @ 18:28
- EU data protection bill 'moves backwards'6'th @ 17:57
- Snowden to make video appearance at EU parliament6'th @ 16:35
- Ukraine and Bulgaria show power of EU model6'th @ 11:48
- France goes to war in Africa to 'save lives'6'th @ 09:29
- World pays tribute to Mandela6'th @ 09:29
- EU says No to Russian pipeline, as Ukraine talks resume6'th @ 09:29
- EU financial tax is legal, commission lawyers say6'th @ 09:24
- UK and Germany dislike EU 'welfare tourism' plan6'th @ 09:23
- Political open season6'th @ 09:22
- Birdlife: Wind farms: new report provides latest know-how on reducing environmental impact
- EMHRN: Israel’s Culture of Impunity: Nothing Less than Accountability!
- ECPA: Crop diversity, food safety and food security under threat in Europe
- EPF: Press conference on cross-border healthcare and patients' rights
- ACCA: Improved transparency in auditor reporting - making it a reality in the EU
- OGP: EU domestic shale gas production could add a million jobs, new study shows
- ICSS: Joins Council of Europe & Sorbonne to host EU forum on integrity in sport
- FIA: Greater cooperation to deliver new car technologies to consumers
- EFA-ECC: Lessons to address the poor state of COPD care in Europe
- EMHRN: Violence against women, bleeding wound in the Syrian conflict
- What happened to the EU2020 strategy?Progressive Change
- This is a very dead horse - stop floggingAnother Look
- Facebook isn't our friendExposing Corporate Europe
- Moscow Never SleepsBelarus Reloaded
- The trouble with Europe’s big thinking? Europe’s big states.Super Commuter
- Don´t take their word for itAnother Look
- Eurasian Union's problem with Russian nationalismNeighbourhood
- COP 19: Walking about Warsaw in circlesGlobal challenges
- Does UKIP now have the cash to cause an earthquake?The Fox Edition
- The EU budget farce is over....for now at leastThe Fox Edition