03.07.14 @ 09:28
The European Commission on Wednesday laid out new targets to boost recycling and curb waste throughout the Union.
27.06.14 @ 09:02
12.06.14 @ 18:05
A political agreement on genetically modified (GM) crops by EU environment ministers in Luxembourg has sparked protest from both pro-green NGOs and biotech companies.
09.04.14 @ 19:59
New proposals to phase out subsidies for renewable energy producers have met with accusations of a "corporate capture" of EU policymaking.
18.02.14 @ 09:29
Germany is on collision course with the EU commission over subsidies to energy-intensive industries, which Brussels says run counter to EU goals on greener sources.
28.04.14 @ 09:20
The European Commission is working on policy solutions it says are needed to better address the consequences of a rising population, excessive consumption, and dwindling resources.
24.03.14 @ 18:48
Belize, Cambodia, and Guinea are banned from selling fish to the EU.
22.01.14 @ 17:35
The EU commission has backed away from regulating shale gas extraction, leaving national governments in charge on the controversial practice.
22.01.14 @ 15:38
The EU commission has put out new greenhouse gas targets designed not to damage its economy, while upholding its status as a world leader on climate change.
25.11.13 @ 09:22
Climate delegates in Warsaw have pieced together a last minute deal to cut greenhouse gas emissions.
07.11.13 @ 09:11
The EU commission has said EU countries should decide whether a US-made GM maize, said to harm butterflies and moths, can be grown in Europe.
29.10.13 @ 09:23
A powerful storm that swept across the United Kingdom and into northern Europe left over a dozen dead, thousands without power, and many stranded at airports.
10.12.13 @ 20:03
Euro-deputies on Tuesday in Strasbourg rejected a proposal to ban bottom-sea trawling and bottom gillnetting.
22.11.13 @ 09:25
Over a dozen leading pro-environment NGOs walked out of the United Nations climate change talks in Warsaw on Thursday as a handful of countries, led by Poland, threaten to derail a future global agreement.
04.11.13 @ 17:13
The EU commission has tabled measures to reduce the use of plastic carrier bags, with Danes using just four bags each a while but Poles use almost 500.
16.10.13 @ 09:30
German Chancellor Angela Merkel has come under fire over a €690,000 donation from the family behind carmaker BMW at a time when her government blocked an EU cap on CO2 emissions for cars.
News in Brief
- Further EU summit on Russia not excluded22'nd @ 15:22
- Italy wants bigger Frontex role in Mediterranean22'nd @ 12:50
- UK to probe alleged Russian involvement in spy's death22'nd @ 12:07
- EU leaders may meet again before 1 August22'nd @ 10:44
- Austria wants arms embargo on Russia22'nd @ 10:35
- Dutch PM: all sanctions on the table21'st @ 17:45
- Steinmeier wants EU to 'increase pressure' on Russia21'st @ 17:45
- EU ambassadors in emergency meeting on Ukraine21'st @ 17:14
- AnalysisLeaked paper: EU options on 'stage three' Russia sanctions22'nd @ 20:42
- EU defends Israel's Gaza incursion22'nd @ 20:14
- OpinionGaza: ‘Burning the consciousness’22'nd @ 18:21
- EU threatens Russian economy after MH17 disaster22'nd @ 17:47
- French ease ban on pro-Gaza demonstrations in Paris22'nd @ 09:28
- EU foreign policy faces test after MH17 shootdown22'nd @ 09:18
- EU under pressure to broaden Russia sanctions21'st @ 10:25
- OpinionPutin's real war21'st @ 09:44
- EIPA: Preparing for New EPSO Competitions: Luxembourg, 08 September 2014
- EIPA: Tools for Implementation of EU Policies at National Level. Luxembourg, 22-25/ 09/ 2014
- EPHA: 5th Annual Conference 4-5 September 2014, Brussels | Register before 31st July
- Centre Maurits Coppieters: Launches a new youtube channel
- ACCA: Implementing the New European Accounting Directive: Making the right choices
- UNESDA: Impact of food taxes on public health inconclusive and contradictory as per EC study
- European Federalist Party: Juncker is the 1st elected European Commission President
- Martens Centre: Register now for event on 9 Sept: Banking and Monetary Union 2014-2019
- EUA: Business community highlights President Juncker the benefits of energy efficiency
- EBF: Statement on appointment of Juncker as 13th President of EU Commission