16.12.13 @ 09:23
A small club of big consultancies has a monopoly on servicing EU bailouts, posing questions on transparency and conflict of interest.
09.07.12 @ 07:45
09.07.12 @ 07:43
09.07.12 @ 07:41
30.12.13 @ 09:18
Slovenia is paying consultancies over €21 million to test its banks in controversial contracts classed as military secrets.
30.08.12 @ 10:58
"You will be surprised in the autumn by the degree of movement that will have taken place in some member states," says Thomas Wieser, one of the economists preparing plans for banking union ahead of the October EU summit.
12.07.12 @ 09:28
Concern over democratic oversight of the EU's bailout funds has led to six constitutional complaints in Germany and outrage in the European Parliament.
20.12.12 @ 09:30
An Italian judge has convicted Deutsche Bank of fraud, amid widening probes on tax evasion and rate-fixing.
30.07.12 @ 09:27
The European Central Bank is an important firefighter in the euro-crisis. But increasingly divergent eurozone economies are limiting the effects of its policies and democratic scrutiny remains an issue.
09.07.12 @ 07:46
A lobby for the world's biggest banks - the International Institute of Finance - became a key EU player when it negotiated the debt cut on Greece's second bailout. Its world of rented castles and sopranos shows losses were bearable.
09.07.12 @ 07:50
The crisis may be felt in everyone's pockets, but bankers spare no expenses when it comes to celebrating their top brass. Including renting castles, sopranos and painters.
News in Brief
- Four Putin 'cronies' to be added to EU blacklist@ 17:37
- EU ambassadors approve economic sanctions on Russia@ 17:32
- France nominates Moscovici as EU commissioner@ 11:19
- Russia may ban EU fruit imports@ 10:06
- France to take in fleeing Iraki Christians@ 09:54
- Privately-funded migrant rescue team set to launch@ 09:53
- Bank of Cyprus raises €1bn@ 09:53
- Russia to appeal $50bn fine@ 09:52
- Ex-Kosovo paramilitaries face war crimes indictment@ 17:31
- OpinionStopping the wave of asylum seekers means fixing Libya@ 16:10
- Obama, EU leaders agree on Russia sanctions@ 09:28
- EU institutions to be probed on whistleblower rules28'th @ 18:54
- Denmark, Germany benefit most from EU market28'th @ 18:04
- Orban wants to build 'illiberal state'28'th @ 17:57
- OpinionIs international law a universal right or a select privilege?28'th @ 16:26
- AnalysisFrom trade tariffs to trust – TTIP a year on28'th @ 10:14
- EEAS: Statement on the downing of Malaysia Airlines flight. In memoriam of Pim de Kuijer
- IFSBH: Join our new initiative: People United for Spina Bifida and Hydrocephalus!
- ACCA: Supports a coherent EU Single Market as to the balance of competences in the UK
- EIPA: Preparing for New EPSO Competitions: Luxembourg, 08 September 2014
- EIPA: Tools for Implementation of EU Policies at National Level. Luxembourg, 22-25/ 09/ 2014
- EPHA: 5th Annual Conference 4-5 September 2014, Brussels | Register before 31st July
- Centre Maurits Coppieters: Launches a new youtube channel
- ACCA: Implementing the New European Accounting Directive: Making the right choices
- UNESDA: Impact of food taxes on public health inconclusive and contradictory as per EC study
- European Federalist Party: Juncker is the 1st elected European Commission President