16.12.13 @ 09:23
A small club of big consultancies has a monopoly on servicing EU bailouts, posing questions on transparency and conflict of interest.
09.07.12 @ 07:45
09.07.12 @ 07:43
09.07.12 @ 07:41
30.12.13 @ 09:18
Slovenia is paying consultancies over €21 million to test its banks in controversial contracts classed as military secrets.
30.08.12 @ 10:58
"You will be surprised in the autumn by the degree of movement that will have taken place in some member states," says Thomas Wieser, one of the economists preparing plans for banking union ahead of the October EU summit.
12.07.12 @ 09:28
Concern over democratic oversight of the EU's bailout funds has led to six constitutional complaints in Germany and outrage in the European Parliament.
20.12.12 @ 09:30
An Italian judge has convicted Deutsche Bank of fraud, amid widening probes on tax evasion and rate-fixing.
30.07.12 @ 09:27
The European Central Bank is an important firefighter in the euro-crisis. But increasingly divergent eurozone economies are limiting the effects of its policies and democratic scrutiny remains an issue.
09.07.12 @ 07:46
A lobby for the world's biggest banks - the International Institute of Finance - became a key EU player when it negotiated the debt cut on Greece's second bailout. Its world of rented castles and sopranos shows losses were bearable.
09.07.12 @ 07:50
The crisis may be felt in everyone's pockets, but bankers spare no expenses when it comes to celebrating their top brass. Including renting castles, sopranos and painters.
News in Brief
- Russia says EU-Ukraine trade deal to be 'modified'@ 18:02
- Bulgarian police beat up Syrian refugees, says NGO@ 17:58
- EU parliament sets conditions for Azerbaijan treaty@ 17:19
- Airlines can charge extra baggage fees, EU court rules@ 17:07
- Finland backs Russia nuclear plant, Greens leave government@ 16:38
- Putin: My troops could reach Warsaw in two days@ 11:13
- Brussels braced for police demonstration@ 09:18
- Irish plans for banning tobacco logos disputed@ 09:18
- Voting under way in Scottish independence referendum@ 09:29
- Finnish PM faces backlash over Russia nuclear plant@ 09:28
- OpinionEU asylum and war criminals: No place to hide@ 08:50
- OpinionCan nuclear talks be a template for human rights in Iran?@ 08:46
- MEPs critical of 'underfunded' youth jobs plan17'th @ 20:52
- EP gears itself up for hearings of new commissioners17'th @ 17:04
- FeatureScotland prepares for life after referendum17'th @ 09:57
- Most Malta boat victims were Gaza refugees17'th @ 09:26
- Oxfam: Back to school
- CESI: Event: Working Time Directive – new term, new impetus? 25 September 2014, 1pm-3pm
- Martens Centre: Economic Ideas Forum 2014, 16-17 Oct in Bratislava, register now!
- EBF: Tax Conference to review G20 talks on Automatic Exchange
- EuFoA: Basque Parliament recognizes Nagorno-Karabakh self-determination
- Europeche: EU fishing sector demands responsible and committed future Commissioner
- Eurocommerce: ECJ judgment on MasterCard: a great victory for EU consumers & retailers
- ACCA: The new Commission has the right credentials for the challenges faced by the EU
- Counter Balance: What perspectives on the Project Bond Initiative
- EBF: EBF statement on the Juncker Commission