16.12.13 @ 09:23
A small club of big consultancies has a monopoly on servicing EU bailouts, posing questions on transparency and conflict of interest.
09.07.12 @ 07:45
09.07.12 @ 07:43
09.07.12 @ 07:41
30.12.13 @ 09:18
Slovenia is paying consultancies over €21 million to test its banks in controversial contracts classed as military secrets.
30.08.12 @ 10:58
"You will be surprised in the autumn by the degree of movement that will have taken place in some member states," says Thomas Wieser, one of the economists preparing plans for banking union ahead of the October EU summit.
12.07.12 @ 09:28
Concern over democratic oversight of the EU's bailout funds has led to six constitutional complaints in Germany and outrage in the European Parliament.
20.12.12 @ 09:30
An Italian judge has convicted Deutsche Bank of fraud, amid widening probes on tax evasion and rate-fixing.
30.07.12 @ 09:27
The European Central Bank is an important firefighter in the euro-crisis. But increasingly divergent eurozone economies are limiting the effects of its policies and democratic scrutiny remains an issue.
09.07.12 @ 07:46
A lobby for the world's biggest banks - the International Institute of Finance - became a key EU player when it negotiated the debt cut on Greece's second bailout. Its world of rented castles and sopranos shows losses were bearable.
09.07.12 @ 07:50
The crisis may be felt in everyone's pockets, but bankers spare no expenses when it comes to celebrating their top brass. Including renting castles, sopranos and painters.
News in Brief
- EPP think tank named after Wilfried Martens@ 18:05
- Bayern chief admits tax evasion of €18m@ 13:21
- Schulz-Juncker debates scheduled on German TV@ 10:19
- Clegg: Britain cannot reform EU 'with one foot out the door'@ 09:33
- Tax cuts will not breach Italy's EU deficit limit, says PM@ 09:32
- Troika calls for more transparency in Greece@ 09:32
- Ukraine could sign EU agreement this month@ 09:31
- Juncker elected EPP's top candidate for commission presidency7'th @ 16:01
- Poland urges Germany to buy less Russian gas@ 18:09
- Estonian commissioner criticised for political campaign@ 09:30
- EU ElectionsRomanian elite's relatives and friends run as MEPs@ 09:30
- EU ElectionsLiberals unveil new Monti-backed Italian coalition@ 09:29
- Ashton looks to closer EU ties on Iran visit@ 09:29
- AgendaUkraine, data protection, and troika in spotlight this WEEK@ 09:28
- EU ElectionsJuncker elected centre-right's top EU candidate7'th @ 19:12
- Edward Snowden wants asylum in EU7'th @ 19:04
- COFACE: and COFACE-Disability on the occasion of International Women’s Day
- Irradiare: EU workshop on biomethane – markets, value chains and applications
- Counter Balance: Take a virtual lobby tour through the heart of the EU
- EMHRN: International Women’s Day: Violence rises, impunity prevails
- EuFoA: Latest paper "EU-Armenia relations: future developments & prospects" published
- Greenpeace: EU energy ministers should get back in the saddle on climate & energy policy
- SUPERHUB: Join us at CeBIT 2014 Hannover the largest fair showcasing IT and telecom solutions
- COFACE: Less than 100 days to go to #EP2014. Need more info ? Sign up for #FamiliesVOTE2014
- EMHRN: Syrian Rights Groups to the Human Rights Council: Stop Violence against Women in Syria!
- EIPA: Efficiency and Quality of Justice Luxembourg, 27-28 March 2014