16.12.13 @ 09:23
A small club of big consultancies has a monopoly on servicing EU bailouts, posing questions on transparency and conflict of interest.
09.07.12 @ 07:45
09.07.12 @ 07:43
09.07.12 @ 07:41
30.12.13 @ 09:18
Slovenia is paying consultancies over €21 million to test its banks in controversial contracts classed as military secrets.
30.08.12 @ 10:58
"You will be surprised in the autumn by the degree of movement that will have taken place in some member states," says Thomas Wieser, one of the economists preparing plans for banking union ahead of the October EU summit.
12.07.12 @ 09:28
Concern over democratic oversight of the EU's bailout funds has led to six constitutional complaints in Germany and outrage in the European Parliament.
20.12.12 @ 09:30
An Italian judge has convicted Deutsche Bank of fraud, amid widening probes on tax evasion and rate-fixing.
30.07.12 @ 09:27
The European Central Bank is an important firefighter in the euro-crisis. But increasingly divergent eurozone economies are limiting the effects of its policies and democratic scrutiny remains an issue.
09.07.12 @ 07:46
A lobby for the world's biggest banks - the International Institute of Finance - became a key EU player when it negotiated the debt cut on Greece's second bailout. Its world of rented castles and sopranos shows losses were bearable.
09.07.12 @ 07:50
The crisis may be felt in everyone's pockets, but bankers spare no expenses when it comes to celebrating their top brass. Including renting castles, sopranos and painters.
News in Brief
- Further EU summit on Russia not excluded@ 15:22
- Italy wants bigger Frontex role in Mediterranean@ 12:50
- UK to probe alleged Russian involvement in spy's death@ 12:07
- EU leaders may meet again before 1 August@ 10:44
- Austria wants arms embargo on Russia@ 10:35
- Dutch PM: all sanctions on the table21'st @ 17:45
- Steinmeier wants EU to 'increase pressure' on Russia21'st @ 17:45
- EU ambassadors in emergency meeting on Ukraine21'st @ 17:14
- OpinionGaza: ‘Burning the consciousness’@ 18:21
- EU threatens Russian economy after MH17 disaster@ 17:47
- French ease ban on pro-Gaza demonstrations in Paris@ 09:28
- EU foreign policy faces test after MH17 shootdown@ 09:18
- EU under pressure to broaden Russia sanctions21'st @ 10:25
- OpinionPutin's real war21'st @ 09:44
- UK foreign minister favours leaving EU if no reforms21'st @ 09:29
- France and Germany in tussle over EU economics post21'st @ 09:22
- EIPA: Preparing for New EPSO Competitions: Luxembourg, 08 September 2014
- EIPA: Tools for Implementation of EU Policies at National Level. Luxembourg, 22-25/ 09/ 2014
- EPHA: 5th Annual Conference 4-5 September 2014, Brussels | Register before 31st July
- Centre Maurits Coppieters: Launches a new youtube channel
- ACCA: Implementing the New European Accounting Directive: Making the right choices
- UNESDA: Impact of food taxes on public health inconclusive and contradictory as per EC study
- European Federalist Party: Juncker is the 1st elected European Commission President
- Martens Centre: Register now for event on 9 Sept: Banking and Monetary Union 2014-2019
- EUA: Business community highlights President Juncker the benefits of energy efficiency
- EBF: Statement on appointment of Juncker as 13th President of EU Commission