16.12.13 @ 09:23
A small club of big consultancies has a monopoly on servicing EU bailouts, posing questions on transparency and conflict of interest.
09.07.12 @ 07:45
09.07.12 @ 07:43
09.07.12 @ 07:41
30.12.13 @ 09:18
Slovenia is paying consultancies over €21 million to test its banks in controversial contracts classed as military secrets.
30.08.12 @ 10:58
"You will be surprised in the autumn by the degree of movement that will have taken place in some member states," says Thomas Wieser, one of the economists preparing plans for banking union ahead of the October EU summit.
12.07.12 @ 09:28
Concern over democratic oversight of the EU's bailout funds has led to six constitutional complaints in Germany and outrage in the European Parliament.
20.12.12 @ 09:30
An Italian judge has convicted Deutsche Bank of fraud, amid widening probes on tax evasion and rate-fixing.
30.07.12 @ 09:27
The European Central Bank is an important firefighter in the euro-crisis. But increasingly divergent eurozone economies are limiting the effects of its policies and democratic scrutiny remains an issue.
09.07.12 @ 07:46
A lobby for the world's biggest banks - the International Institute of Finance - became a key EU player when it negotiated the debt cut on Greece's second bailout. Its world of rented castles and sopranos shows losses were bearable.
09.07.12 @ 07:50
The crisis may be felt in everyone's pockets, but bankers spare no expenses when it comes to celebrating their top brass. Including renting castles, sopranos and painters.
News in Brief
- MEPs back cross-border pension rights@ 10:01
- Industry wary of new EU rules on lorry design@ 10:01
- Ukip leader 'taking legal advice' on expenses allegations@ 10:00
- French MEP recalls trips to see porn films@ 10:00
- Berlusconi sentenced to work in old people's home@ 09:59
- EU commission presidency race is 'cosmetic' democracy15'th @ 14:24
- Over half of Czechs say 'too many' foreigners in their country15'th @ 14:12
- MEPs pledge against 'excessive corporate lobbying'15'th @ 11:09
- EU countries to boost defence budgets in light of Ukraine@ 09:29
- EU parliament gives final nod to banking union@ 09:21
- EU ElectionsGerman centre-right election posters show Merkel, not Juncker@ 09:15
- Regional unemployment highest in Spain@ 09:14
- OpinionLearning from the past: EU aid in the Eastern Partnership@ 07:41
- EU to expand Russia blacklist15'th @ 09:30
- EU ElectionsBulgarians protest controversial MEP listing15'th @ 09:29
- Malta legalises same-sex unions and adoption15'th @ 09:29
- ThinkYoung: We want to listen your opinion on youth unemployment & skills mismatch
- EIPA: Summer School on EU law & its Implementation, Luxembourg, 30/06 until 11/07
- EIPA: The Infringement Procedure under Articles 258 & 260 TFEU - Luxembourg 19-20/06/14
- ACCA: New rules to improve shareholder engagement and corporate governance reporting
- European Youth Forum: Open letter to EU bodies, MS and CoE on the situation in Ukraine
- Oxfam: European overseas aid slightly increases but lags behind global trend
- EUA: Changing Landscapes in Learning and Teaching’: Report from the Annual Conference
- Regione Puglia: Capacity building course for regional officers on EU decision-making: 7-11/04
- EJC: President Kantor calls Jobbik electoral gains "a dark day for Europe"
- Oxfam: The staggering cost of armed violence to Africa