16.12.13 @ 09:23
A small club of big consultancies has a monopoly on servicing EU bailouts, posing questions on transparency and conflict of interest.
09.07.12 @ 07:45
09.07.12 @ 07:43
09.07.12 @ 07:41
30.12.13 @ 09:18
Slovenia is paying consultancies over €21 million to test its banks in controversial contracts classed as military secrets.
30.08.12 @ 10:58
"You will be surprised in the autumn by the degree of movement that will have taken place in some member states," says Thomas Wieser, one of the economists preparing plans for banking union ahead of the October EU summit.
12.07.12 @ 09:28
Concern over democratic oversight of the EU's bailout funds has led to six constitutional complaints in Germany and outrage in the European Parliament.
20.12.12 @ 09:30
An Italian judge has convicted Deutsche Bank of fraud, amid widening probes on tax evasion and rate-fixing.
30.07.12 @ 09:27
The European Central Bank is an important firefighter in the euro-crisis. But increasingly divergent eurozone economies are limiting the effects of its policies and democratic scrutiny remains an issue.
09.07.12 @ 07:46
A lobby for the world's biggest banks - the International Institute of Finance - became a key EU player when it negotiated the debt cut on Greece's second bailout. Its world of rented castles and sopranos shows losses were bearable.
09.07.12 @ 07:50
The crisis may be felt in everyone's pockets, but bankers spare no expenses when it comes to celebrating their top brass. Including renting castles, sopranos and painters.
News in Brief
- Spain has highest youth unemployment rate@ 22:14
- UN issues warning over new EU sea patrol@ 22:13
- Spain backs Mogherini for EU top job@ 10:57
- Obama rules out US military intervention in Ukraine@ 09:23
- Scottish independence campaign gains ground@ 09:23
- Polish PM 'seriously considering' EU top job@ 09:23
- Iceland volcano may disrupt air traffic again@ 09:23
- EU leaders warn Putin of further sanctions28'th @ 18:13
- EU leaders meet on top jobs, Ukraine@ 21:24
- Rasmussen: Ukraine free to seek Nato membership@ 15:00
- FocusGreek MP hurls homophobic insults at Luxembourg PM@ 10:48
- EU hails 'substantial progress' towards Cuba trade deal@ 09:30
- Russia's 'invasion' of Ukraine alienates EU friends@ 09:30
- OpinionEU top jobs: of dwarfs and giants@ 09:28
- Hollande calls for special summit on eurozone growth28'th @ 18:10
- Opposition to Mogherini fading in EU capital28'th @ 18:04
- Martens Centre: Register now for the event “A Changing Eastern Neighbourhood”
- Martens Centre: Register now for event on 9 Sept: Banking and Monetary Union 2014-2019
- EEA and Norway Grants: Investing in people: Annual Report 2013-2014
- EuFoA: Tension rises in Nagorno-Karabakh as ceasefire negotiations are underway
- ACCA: Supports a coherent EU Single Market as to the balance of competences in the UK
- EIPA: Preparing for New EPSO Competitions: Luxembourg, 08 September 2014
- EIPA: Tools for Implementation of EU Policies at National Level. Luxembourg, 22-25/ 09/ 2014
- EPHA: 5th Annual Conference 4-5 September 2014, Brussels
- Centre Maurits Coppieters: Launches a new youtube channel
- ACCA: Implementing the New European Accounting Directive: Making the right choices