Today @ 09:28
The leaders of Britain, France, Germany, Italy and the US held a conference call on Monday and agreed to impose economic sanctions on Russia as it continues to support the war in eastern Ukraine.
25.07.14 @ 18:59
22.07.14 @ 18:21
18.07.14 @ 09:27
27.06.14 @ 09:23
28.07.14 @ 09:49
The economic impact of 'stage three' sanctions is projected to cost the EU €40bn this year and €50bn in 2015.
25.07.14 @ 17:14
The EU is set to impose economic sanctions on Russia next week. Meanwhile, southern member states want the European Commission to consider any blowback effect when it assesses national deficits.
24.07.14 @ 20:55
EU expands Russia blacklist by 15 names, ambassadors to continue talks on economic sanctions on Friday.
26.07.14 @ 19:21
The latest EU blacklist on Russia sheds light on the command structures, composition, and ambitions of Putin’s east Ukraine forces.
25.07.14 @ 09:25
German and Dutch companies, so far among the most reluctant to back EU's planned Russia sanctions, are ready to take a hit from possible retaliatory measures.
24.07.14 @ 09:25
EU ambassadors meeting in Brussels on Thursday are set to discuss a raft of new sanctions on Russia, as Moscow has shown no signs of wanting to meet an EU ultimatum over Ukraine.
23.07.14 @ 17:26
The EU commission has tabled a plan to increase the bloc's overall energy efficiency, but it watered it down amid fears of Russian gas supplies being cut in the ongoing Ukraine crisis.
23.07.14 @ 09:28
The EU wants to set up a legal channels to prevent Syrians from turning to smugglers to get to European Union territory - but can it deal with the thousands already trying to reach its shores.
22.07.14 @ 20:14
EU countries have defended Israel’s use of force in Gaza, but blamed it for harming peace prospects in the longer term.
22.07.14 @ 09:18
EU foreign policy is facing a major test today as ministers gather in Brussels to consider their response to the suspected downing of the Malaysia Airlines flight by Russia-backed rebels in eastern Ukraine.
23.07.14 @ 16:02
Rome is continuing to push Italian foreign minister Federica Mogherini to be the next EU foreign policy chief, despite opposition based on her experience and her country's perceived pro-Russia stance.
22.07.14 @ 20:42
Even before the MH17 disaster, EU countries were discussing a potential ban on Russian oil and gas imports if worst comes to worst.
22.07.14 @ 17:47
EU ministers have threatened Russia with full-scale - "stage three" - economic sanctions in the wake of the Malaysia Airlines crash.
21.07.14 @ 10:25
The US and the UK are putting pressure on the EU to impose tougher sanctions on Russia in the wake of the Malaysian Airlines disaster.
News in Brief
- France nominates Moscovici as EU commissioner@ 11:19
- Russia may ban EU fruit imports@ 10:06
- France to take in fleeing Iraki Christians@ 09:54
- Privately-funded migrant rescue team set to launch@ 09:53
- Bank of Cyprus raises €1bn@ 09:53
- Russia to appeal $50bn fine@ 09:52
- Sarkozy campaign probe launched@ 09:51
- Kroes attacks Hungary tax on non-stated owned press28'th @ 13:19
- Obama, EU leaders agree on Russia sanctions@ 09:28
- EU institutions to be probed on whistleblower rules28'th @ 18:54
- Denmark, Germany benefit most from EU market28'th @ 18:04
- Orban wants to build 'illiberal state'28'th @ 17:57
- OpinionIs international law a universal right or a select privilege?28'th @ 16:26
- AnalysisFrom trade tariffs to trust – TTIP a year on28'th @ 10:14
- Multi-billion losses expected from Russia sanctions28'th @ 09:49
- Banking union faces legal challenge in Germany28'th @ 09:28
- EEAS: Statement on the downing of Malaysia Airlines flight. In memoriam of Pim de Kuijer
- IFSBH: Join our new initiative: People United for Spina Bifida and Hydrocephalus!
- ACCA: Supports a coherent EU Single Market as to the balance of competences in the UK
- EIPA: Preparing for New EPSO Competitions: Luxembourg, 08 September 2014
- EIPA: Tools for Implementation of EU Policies at National Level. Luxembourg, 22-25/ 09/ 2014
- EPHA: 5th Annual Conference 4-5 September 2014, Brussels | Register before 31st July
- Centre Maurits Coppieters: Launches a new youtube channel
- ACCA: Implementing the New European Accounting Directive: Making the right choices
- UNESDA: Impact of food taxes on public health inconclusive and contradictory as per EC study
- European Federalist Party: Juncker is the 1st elected European Commission President