21.10.14 @ 09:29
EU states decided to uphold sanctions on Russia and to better co-ordinate their response to the Ebola crisis at a meeting in Luxembourg on Monday.
20.10.14 @ 10:58
30.09.14 @ 11:18
24.09.14 @ 17:36
18.09.14 @ 08:46
17.10.14 @ 19:55
Putin has told EU leaders he wants pro-Russia rebels to make peace with Ukraine, amid scepticism on his true intentions.
16.10.14 @ 21:55
A Russian gas cut-off would have a “substantial impact”, but even the most vulnerable countries - Bulgaria, Estonia, and Finland - could get through the winter.
15.10.14 @ 09:26
Serbia has promised not to impose EU-model sanctions on Russia and to go ahead with South Stream on the eve of Vladimir Putin’s visit to Belgrade.
17.10.14 @ 09:30
EU countries have agreed to step up Ebola screening at airports in west Africa but not in Europe, despite a British appeal.
16.10.14 @ 09:29
Russian leader Vladimir Putin has said the Ukraine crisis threatens nuclear “strategic stability” and global “economic health”.
14.10.14 @ 09:24
British MPs have said the UK should recognise Palestine in a non-binding motion which highlights EU frustration with Israel.
10.10.14 @ 09:30
EU institutions are analysing potential evacuation of EU citizens from Ebola-hit African states and military operations to restore security in the outbreak zone.
08.10.14 @ 15:59
The EU commission is not recommending any fresh steps on Western Balkan enlargement in the next 12 months, with one official saying the policy is in "de facto freeze".
07.10.14 @ 09:29
The EU’s next foreign policy chief, Federica Mogherini, was more hawkish on Russia in an EU parliament hearing which satisfied most MEPs.
07.10.14 @ 09:18
The EU commission is to tell Serbia its accession prospects will suffer if it builds South Stream, Russia's strategic gas pipeline.
08.10.14 @ 18:35
Serbia has defied EU calls to change the terms of its gas pipeline with Russia, but a European energy chief says it “cannot” join the EU unless it does so.
08.10.14 @ 09:29
EU efforts to shed light on allegations of organ trafficking in Kosovo risk being delayed by a power struggle in Pristina.
07.10.14 @ 09:29
The international wire transfer system Swift will not block Russia or Israel from its services following requests for it to do so.
03.10.14 @ 09:27
Victoria Nuland, the US' top diplomat on Europe, has indirectly criticised Hungarian leader Viktor Orban for the “cancer” of “democratic backsliding”.
News in Brief
- Former Polish FM under fire over Ukraine remarks21'st @ 19:52
- Congolese doctor wins EU rights prize21'st @ 18:51
- Police unions reaffirm strike during Brussels summit21'st @ 15:00
- Belarus leader stole $10bn from own people21'st @ 12:45
- Sefcovic gets green light, Liberals target Hungarian nominee21'st @ 12:17
- European business chief killed in Moscow incident21'st @ 12:04
- US slaps entry ban on Hungarian officials21'st @ 09:26
- France and Germany in 'secret' budget deal21'st @ 08:49
- Culture MEPs rebel against Juncker21'st @ 19:44
- Greece fined for violating asylum seekers' rights21'st @ 18:08
- New accounting rules save EU deficit21'st @ 18:01
- Barroso bows out before MEPs21'st @ 17:48
- EU to uphold Russia sanctions21'st @ 09:29
- Fire-walking EU commissioner clears path for Juncker21'st @ 09:28
- FocusHealth experts wary of commission reshuffle21'st @ 09:09
- Far-right Polish MEP saves Farage group20'th @ 19:42
- Oxfam: Bolder EU response needed to help stop Ebola spiralling out of control
- CESI: Ebola requires action: CESI demands full protection of healthcare workers at risk
- EGBA: Want to know how the EU online betting industry fights match-fixing?
- Access Now: Commissioners hearings: The many faces of Digital in the new Commission
- CESI: Taxation at the heart of the crisis, CESI Europe Academy discusses #TaxinEU
- Oxfam: EU needs to do more to stop the spread of Ebola
- EPSU: Ebola outbreak in West Africa - Health Workers in the frontline need our support
- EuFoA: First Nagorno-Karabakh Group announced in the European Parliament
- Oxfam: Four solutions to economic inequality
- Swedish Enterprises: Transatlantic Trade and Investment Partnership – what, how and why?