Today @ 09:29
Ukraine and Russia have agreed terms on winter gas supplies, but the deal looks unlikely to de-escalate the military conflict despite EU hopes.
20.10.14 @ 10:58
30.09.14 @ 11:18
24.09.14 @ 17:36
18.09.14 @ 08:46
30.10.14 @ 19:27
The EU’s rule of law mission in Kosovo is fighting to maintain credibility after allegations of bribe-taking and attempts to gag press.
30.10.14 @ 09:29
Negotiators are struggling to secure EU winter gas supplies, with Ukraine saying chances of a deal are “pretty high”, but complaining of “lack of trust”.
23.10.14 @ 09:28
Irish senators have urged the government to recognise Palestine, as the EU prepares to set out new red lines on Israel relations.
30.10.14 @ 09:57
France has said it has not yet decided whether to go ahead with a delivery of a warship to Russia, after a Russian minister published an invitation to the delivery ceremony mid-November.
23.10.14 @ 09:34
Ukrainians obtained more EU first residence permits last year than any other nationality, according to the EU’s statistical office, Eurostat.
23.10.14 @ 09:24
Israel's ex-ambassador to South Africa tells EUobserver his country is on "the slippery slope of apartheid" by destroying prospects for a Palestinian state.
22.10.14 @ 09:30
He came close to being the EU’s new foreign policy chief, but Sikorski’s political future is in doubt over his handling of a press interview.
21.10.14 @ 09:29
EU states decided to uphold sanctions on Russia and to better co-ordinate their response to the Ebola crisis at a meeting in Luxembourg on Monday.
17.10.14 @ 09:30
EU countries have agreed to step up Ebola screening at airports in west Africa but not in Europe, despite a British appeal.
16.10.14 @ 09:29
Russian leader Vladimir Putin has said the Ukraine crisis threatens nuclear “strategic stability” and global “economic health”.
22.10.14 @ 08:37
With temperatures already near freezing in eastern Europe, Ukraine will hold elections on Sunday amid uncertainty on Russian gas supplies.
17.10.14 @ 19:55
Putin has told EU leaders he wants pro-Russia rebels to make peace with Ukraine, amid scepticism on his true intentions.
16.10.14 @ 21:55
A Russian gas cut-off would have a “substantial impact”, but even the most vulnerable countries - Bulgaria, Estonia, and Finland - could get through the winter.
15.10.14 @ 09:26
Serbia has promised not to impose EU-model sanctions on Russia and to go ahead with South Stream on the eve of Vladimir Putin’s visit to Belgrade.
News in Brief
- German autobahn toll set to be introduced in 2016@ 14:39
- Frontex-led operation Triton has enough money for 2 months@ 14:35
- Eurozone inflation rate marginally up@ 13:54
- Report: EU mission in Kosovo passed information to Serbian spies@ 13:16
- Orban retreats from internet tax plan after protests@ 09:34
- New 'double majority' voting rules come into force@ 09:21
- EU in massive cybersecurity exercise@ 09:10
- IMF warns Greece on early bailout exit@ 08:47
- OpinionJailing Iran’s Internet, one user at a time@ 10:55
- 'No one to stay cold', as Russia and Ukraine clinch winter gas deal@ 09:29
- EU promotes consumption of meat and milk@ 09:27
- InvestigationEurope’s tax haven investments in Africa@ 08:22
- OpinionIn the ‘New’ Turkey, corruption is a thing of the past!@ 08:20
- Barroso, Rehn 'unfairly criticised' for eurozone austerity@ 08:03
- EU mission in Kosovo rocked by corruption allegations30'th @ 19:27
- Oettinger stirs controversy ahead of new role as digital commissioner30'th @ 18:29
- EuropeanIssuers & FESE: European Small and Mid-Cap Awards - 26th November 2014
- EN.DELFI: Editor: Our readers understand that Russia is not joking
- European Jewish Congress: Sweden recognition of Palestinian State adds fuel to Middle East
- EFA: Catalonia decides on 9N ! Support EFA campaign for democracy and freedom.
- EIPA: European Union Civil Service Law, Brussels, 27-28 November 2014
- Xinhua News Agency: Winners of the WMS Global Awards for Excellence announced
- EGBA: Want to know how the EU online betting industry fights match-fixing?
- Martens Centre: Has Euromaidan Transformed the Ukrainian Political Landscape? Register now!