06.12.13 @ 09:29
France has announced another military intervention in Africa, but plans to deploy an EU battle group are unlikely to go ahead.
02.12.13 @ 11:03
27.11.13 @ 18:50
27.11.13 @ 10:24
06.12.13 @ 09:29
Tributes pour in from all over the world following the death of South Africa’s Nelson Mandela.
05.12.13 @ 09:29
Germany's Guido Westerwelle has voiced support for Ukrainian protesters in a surprise visit to the Maidan.
03.12.13 @ 09:21
The EU has agreed to hold new trade talks with Ukraine, but some diplomats fear Yanukovych is preparing to use violence.
06.12.13 @ 09:29
The EU has given Ukraine a gift on Russian gas, amid fresh talks on an EU-Ukraine treaty.
04.12.13 @ 09:26
The EU foreign service, some big member states and the US are not sending top people to an OSCE meeting in Kiev.
01.12.13 @ 17:10
The EU is unlikely to impose sanctions on Ukraine, amid confusion on who ordered a police crackdown.
29.11.13 @ 18:04
Van Rompuy has said he will urge Putin to stop bullying former Soviet countries at the next EU-Russia summit.
28.11.13 @ 11:09
A consistent approach on democracy and human rights issues is the best guarantee of progress in the EU's eastern neighbours.
27.11.13 @ 18:48
Merkel has criticised Russia's "Cold War" mentality, as EU leaders flock east for the Vilnius summit.
26.11.13 @ 10:05
Moldova's Communist opposition chief has said the country should join Russia's Customs Union instead of sealing an EU pact.
29.11.13 @ 09:27
Lithuanian and German leaders have rebuked Ukraine's Viktor Yanukovych over his u-turn on EU integration.
27.11.13 @ 18:53
Poor Israeli PR has seen the EU enforce new rules on science funding, but EU states compensated Israel with a UN gift.
26.11.13 @ 10:37
Germany's upcoming government will not change its eurozone policy, but wants more powers for the bloc's foreign service and a "special relationship" with Russia.
26.11.13 @ 09:23
Initialing the EU association and free trade pact in Vilnius is Moldova's best chance to build a decent future for its people.
News in Brief
- Naked Bruni pics used to hack European diplomats
- US official gives cookies to pro-EU protesters
- EU court dismisses case against Skype-Microsoft merger
- Dutch firm ends Israeli co-operation
- Romanian politicians should be accountable, says commission
- Ukraine deputy PM not coming to EU capital
- EU declines to enter "bidding" contest for Ukraine
- Czech parties agree coalition deal
- Greek government resumes troika talks
- Romania rejects Canadian gold mine project
- EU gives up hope on Ukraine deal at Vilnius summit
- AnalysisEU and Ukraine: What went wrong?
- EU to Yanukovych: You are taking Ukraine 'nowhere'
- Seven EU states create military drone 'club'
- EU and US warn Ukraine it risks going bust
- OpinionWhat is going on in Ukraine?
- Moldova and the EU: On a long road to nowhere?
- Merkel criticises Russia on eve of Vilnius summit
- EU says No to Russian pipeline, as Ukraine talks resume
- Gazprom warns EU of winter 'catastrophe'
Regions & Cities
- OpinionCities show leadership on Roma inclusion
- Economic governance tool to be part of regional aid
- Berlin citizens keen to buy their electricity grid
- German city flats are overpriced, says Bundesbank
- EU cohesion policy: 'No more business as usual'
- If you build it, will they come?
- Interview'National governments declining in importance'
- Brussels: An EU capital in the making
- Beja airport: A runway to nowhere?
- Bringing high speed internet to the 'middle of nowhere'
- EU looks to 'hybrid drones' for legal shortcut on migration
- MEPs approve EU border surveillance system
- 'Virtual borders' scheme to track every non-EU citizen
- Security industry is shaping EU legislation
- Private security firms cash in on guarding EU borders
- Private firms put price tag on migrant suicides
- Gaddafi-tainted firm scoops EU contract
- InvestigationEUobserver investigative reports
- InvestigationAbout Nikolaj Nielsen
- EU pays salaries of phantom workers in Palestine@ 10:20
- Ministers edge toward bank resolution deal after marathon talks@ 09:29
- Ukraine police attack protesters under Ashton's nose@ 09:28
- Romanian MPs decriminalise political corruption@ 09:05
- OpinionCities show leadership on Roma inclusion@ 09:00
- Austria and Luxembourg accused of undermining EU credibility10'th @ 20:15
- Euro-deputies reject ban on bottom-sea trawling10'th @ 20:03
- Parliament fails to pass report on women's reproductive rights10'th @ 16:47
- Fresh corruption scandal engulfs Deutsche Bank10'th @ 09:29
- Member states agree reforms on foreign worker rules10'th @ 09:25
- EERA: The Horizon is set for 2020: time for research & innovation to deliver
- EMHRN: Human Rights Day: govs stripping away freedom of assembly ?
- EIPA: Seminar: EU Law for Non-Lawyers, Luxembourg, 24-26/02/14
- EIPA: EU Environmental Law for Non-Lawyers, Luxembourg, 30-31/01/14
- EFA: Book on Minimum Standards of Care for COPD patients in the EU
- Counter Balance: Natural Capital: a fairytale with an unhappy ending
- Oxfam: Leaked EU document proves financial transaction tax is legal
- Birdlife: Wind farms: new report shows how to reduce environmental impact
- EMHRN: Israel’s Culture of Impunity: Nothing Less than Accountability!
- ECPA: Crop diversity, food safety and food security under threat in Europe
- How the EU is losing its entire neighbourhoodInside Arab Spring
- After Vilnius: tough year aheadNeighbourhood
- What happened to the EU2020 strategy?Progressive Change
- This is a very dead horse - stop floggingAnother Look
- Facebook isn't our friendExposing Corporate Europe
- Moscow Never SleepsBelarus Reloaded
- The trouble with Europe’s big thinking? Europe’s big states.Super Commuter
- Don´t take their word for itAnother Look
- Eurasian Union's problem with Russian nationalismNeighbourhood
- COP 19: Walking about Warsaw in circlesGlobal challenges