23.10.14 @ 09:34
Ukrainians obtained more EU first residence permits last year than any other nationality, according to the EU’s statistical office, Eurostat.
20.10.14 @ 10:58
30.09.14 @ 11:18
24.09.14 @ 17:36
18.09.14 @ 08:46
23.10.14 @ 09:28
Irish senators have urged the government to recognise Palestine, as the EU prepares to set out new red lines on Israel relations.
22.10.14 @ 09:30
He came close to being the EU’s new foreign policy chief, but Sikorski’s political future is in doubt over his handling of a press interview.
21.10.14 @ 09:29
EU states decided to uphold sanctions on Russia and to better co-ordinate their response to the Ebola crisis at a meeting in Luxembourg on Monday.
23.10.14 @ 09:24
Israel's ex-ambassador to South Africa tells EUobserver his country is on "the slippery slope of apartheid" by destroying prospects for a Palestinian state.
22.10.14 @ 08:37
With temperatures already near freezing in eastern Europe, Ukraine will hold elections on Sunday amid uncertainty on Russian gas supplies.
17.10.14 @ 19:55
Putin has told EU leaders he wants pro-Russia rebels to make peace with Ukraine, amid scepticism on his true intentions.
17.10.14 @ 09:30
EU countries have agreed to step up Ebola screening at airports in west Africa but not in Europe, despite a British appeal.
16.10.14 @ 09:29
Russian leader Vladimir Putin has said the Ukraine crisis threatens nuclear “strategic stability” and global “economic health”.
14.10.14 @ 09:24
British MPs have said the UK should recognise Palestine in a non-binding motion which highlights EU frustration with Israel.
08.10.14 @ 18:35
Serbia has defied EU calls to change the terms of its gas pipeline with Russia, but a European energy chief says it “cannot” join the EU unless it does so.
16.10.14 @ 21:55
A Russian gas cut-off would have a “substantial impact”, but even the most vulnerable countries - Bulgaria, Estonia, and Finland - could get through the winter.
15.10.14 @ 09:26
Serbia has promised not to impose EU-model sanctions on Russia and to go ahead with South Stream on the eve of Vladimir Putin’s visit to Belgrade.
10.10.14 @ 09:30
EU institutions are analysing potential evacuation of EU citizens from Ebola-hit African states and military operations to restore security in the outbreak zone.
08.10.14 @ 15:59
The EU commission is not recommending any fresh steps on Western Balkan enlargement in the next 12 months, with one official saying the policy is in "de facto freeze".
News in Brief
- Ice-cold relations inside the ECB: report@ 09:01
- Soros: EU has lost its way@ 09:00
- European bank stress tests to reveal small problems: report@ 08:59
- Beer and wine fuelled EU climate deal@ 08:57
- No comment from Barroso on extra €2 billion from UK@ 03:32
- Van Rompuy: EU deal reached on climate targets@ 01:08
- Poorer EU states to get pollution permits until 2030@ 01:00
- EU money to pay for Baltic, Iberian electricity connectors@ 00:53
- Cameron slapped with new €2bn EU bill@ 09:47
- Cyprus seeks harsh EU statement on Turkey@ 09:29
- Renzi stirs up EU row ahead of eurozone meeting@ 09:27
- EU leaders reach 2030 deal on climate and energy@ 03:59
- Merkel criticises Putin for broken promise on Ukraine@ 03:59
- Putin's pipeline drives wedge between EU and Balkan hopefuls@ 00:37
- EU leaders mull climate u-turn if international talks fail23'rd @ 21:41
- Barroso clashes with Italy over published budget warning23'rd @ 15:32
- EN.DELFI: How Russia wages hybrid energy war against Lithuania
- Oxfam: Europe must review climate targets after weak climate package deal
- Red Cross: A humanitarian approach within the EU Migration Agenda: 20 November @ EESC
- Counter Balance: Thousands urge the EU Commission to ditch biodiversity offsetting
- Oxfam: Bolder EU response needed to help stop Ebola spiralling out of control
- CESI: Ebola requires action: CESI demands full protection of healthcare workers at risk
- EGBA: Want to know how the EU online betting industry fights match-fixing?
- Access Now: Commissioners hearings: The many faces of Digital in the new Commission
- CESI: Taxation at the heart of the crisis, CESI Europe Academy discusses #TaxinEU
- EPSU: Ebola outbreak in West Africa - Health Workers in the frontline need our support