18.12.14 @ 13:33
A leaked copy of the EU's new Crimea sanctions indicate a near-total ban on business co-operation starting Saturday morning.
18.12.14 @ 21:07
16.12.14 @ 10:45
16.12.14 @ 10:39
18.12.14 @ 09:14
The European Union has welcomed the agreement between US and Cuba to re-establish diplomatic relations, a move which matches with its own approach to Cuba.
17.12.14 @ 14:44
Hamas wants the EU to start new talks after a court ruling annulling its 'terrorist' status, but there is no prospect of high-level meetings for now.
16.12.14 @ 18:12
MEPs are poised to vote Yes on a non-binding motion on Palestine recognition after three of its top groups agreed a text.
17.12.14 @ 17:34
New EU council chief Donald Tusk wants to keep EU summits focused and short. His first attempt starts Thursday and might be wrapped up by midnight.
17.12.14 @ 09:27
The EU has opened new chapters in Montenegro accession talks, while continuing to criticise lack of rule of law in Turkey and the wider Balkans region.
16.12.14 @ 09:29
Russia's central bank has shored up the rouble by raising the key interest rate from 10 to 17 percent, its biggest move since 1998.
16.12.14 @ 08:43
Erdogan has told the EU to "mind its own business" in remarks which signal a deepening rift in relations.
10.12.14 @ 18:41
The EU’s intelligence-sharing bureau, IntCen, has no way of checking if its information was obtained using torture, its chief has said in light of the US Senate report.
09.12.14 @ 20:46
EU states who were to have hosted Russia’s South Stream gas pipeline have begun looking for other ways to improve energy security.
09.12.14 @ 09:23
A top Chinese official in Brussels told reporters that China doesn’t need lessons on human rights from the EU.
11.12.14 @ 21:57
Moscow is lobbying what it sees as sympathetic EU capitals - Budapest, Nicosia, and Rome - to veto next year's renewal of Russia sanctions.
10.12.14 @ 09:29
The EU is prepared to inject more money into Ukraine and to impose further sanctions on Russia if need be, draft summit conclusions say.
09.12.14 @ 09:33
Merkel has lost trust in Putin, her top advisor on Russia has said, while warning of the danger of Russian air acrobatics in the Baltic region.
08.12.14 @ 09:29
The EU is turning to African dictators to help counter a multitude of threats as it steps up efforts to tighten border controls and renew counter-terrorism initiatives.
News in Brief
- Bribery allegations mar Greek presidential vote@ 14:14
- Russia seeks to jail top anti-corruption activist for 10 years@ 14:13
- IMF holds back tranche for Cyprus@ 09:04
- Tsipras wants to 'cancel austerity' if elected@ 09:03
- Poroshenko calls on parliament to adopt bill on joining Nato@ 09:03
- Italian president to step down@ 09:03
- Poland warns of veto on UK migrant benefits cuts plan@ 09:02
- Dutch coalition saved by deal on health bill@ 01:27
- Tusk praised for 'short, concise' EU summit@ 16:49
- Thousands protest in Brussels against EU-US trade ageement@ 16:45
- Luxembourg caves in to EU tax listing demands@ 09:01
- Merkel: EU strategy is to maintain Russia sanctions@ 01:36
- TTIP by end of 2015, EU leaders pledge@ 01:34
- EU leaders want 'urgent' action on investment fund18'th @ 22:29
- OpinionEU-Turkey ties will survive war of words18'th @ 21:07
- Court crushes EU plan to join human rights convention18'th @ 18:36
- Jan Philipp Albrecht: Study on Data Retention after the Judgement of the Court of Justice of the European Union
- Cecilia Wikström: EU Governments must come clean on CIA torture programme
- Tonino Picula: Georgia needs support of the European Union today!
- Michael Theurer: Noch mehr Schulden sind nicht der Ausweg aus der Schuldenfalle!
- Eva Paunova: Granted JA-YE and AmCham EU Youth Entrepreneurship Award
- Tonino Picula: The youngest European state deserves future in EU, I said to FMA after visiting Kosovo
- Eva Paunova: Meets US Chief negotiator on TTIP during diplomatic visit in Washington DC
- Jerzy Buzek: Congratulations to the town Kisielice for winning the EU 2014 ManagEnergy Award
- Victor Negrescu: S&D40 members meeting with the leader of the S&D Group, Gianni Pitella
- Jan Philipp Albrecht: Digital market/Google: MEPs fail to focus consumer rights and net neutrality
- Access Now: U.S. pushing to undermine net neutrality & privacy in major trade agreements
- Carbon Market Watch: Carbon offsets from Alberta’s tar sands jeopardize EU fuel rules
- Counter Balance: Juncker's investment offensive targets dodgy projects, new stories everyday
- EBF: Downward trend in bank robberies continues
- EBF: Adoption of fourth EU Anti-Money Laundering Directive
- COFACE: News - December 2014
- Oxfam: EU executives’ fixation with private sector compromises commitment to poor people
- Martens Centre: 5 reasons why the end of South Stream should mark the start of Energy Union
- Dialogue Platform: Calls for release of journalists detained in Turkey
- EMHRN: Egypt: Const. Committee Testify to Baselessness of Charges in Shura Council Case