18.04.14 @ 17:22
Pro-Russian separatists in eastern Ukraine have declined to honour a peace deal brokered in Geneva by the EU and US with Russia.
31.03.14 @ 09:14
30.03.14 @ 11:32
28.03.14 @ 18:33
25.02.14 @ 10:19
17.04.14 @ 09:29
Russia is rolling out two major projects – a gas pipeline and a Crimea deep water port – with China, as EU countries weigh options on economic sanctions.
16.04.14 @ 07:41
Ukraine, in particular, badly needs effective external aid. But EU aid for reforms in Eastern Partnership countries has so far failed to bring tangible results.
14.04.14 @ 09:28
Russia spends more on arms compared to its GDP than the US and European countries, fresh figures released by a military spending research group show.
16.04.14 @ 09:29
Military chiefs have said the Ukraine crisis is a “wake-up call” for EU countries’ defence spending, as the US backed Ukraine’s use of force in eastern regions.
15.04.14 @ 09:30
EU countries are to expand their Russia and Ukraine blacklists and to send a small team of security experts to Kiev.
14.04.14 @ 09:26
Lithuania, Luxembourg and Sweden have explicitly backed Ukraine’s right to use force against pro-Russian separatists.
10.04.14 @ 17:46
Putin has threatened to cut off gas to Ukraine unless it starts repaying a huge debt and unless the EU agrees to joint talks on its future.
10.04.14 @ 09:22
The UK, Poland, and Sweden have proposed sending an EU police mission to Ukraine to build up its law enforcement bodies in the wake of February’s revolution.
08.04.14 @ 20:04
Two more Ukrainians under an EU asset freeze - the former president’s son, Oleksandr Yanukovych, and businessman Serhiy Kurchenko - have filed objections.
07.04.14 @ 09:29
A Crimea-type operation in eastern Ukraine on Sunday has raised concerns Russia is about to escalate the crisis.
10.04.14 @ 09:30
German foreign minister Steinmeier has contradicted business leaders who urged him not to impose economic sanctions on Russia.
09.04.14 @ 09:29
The US and EU are preparing to strike at Russian banks, energy and minerals firms if Russia invades mainland Ukraine.
08.04.14 @ 09:29
The EU, Russia, Ukraine and the US are to hold joint talks in the next 10 days, amid fresh EU division on how to handle the crisis.
04.04.14 @ 18:33
Stone-throwing protesters prompted a “lock-down” at the US embassy in Brussels Friday, as the US ambassador briefed press on free trade.
News in Brief
- Eurozone deficit rates fall within 3 percent EU limit@ 17:31
- Schultz most tweeted commission candidate in April@ 17:30
- UKIP's poll ratings unaffected by bad press@ 10:39
- Wilders' right-hand man resigns@ 09:15
- French leader to table €50 billion savings package@ 09:00
- Syriza drops Roma candidate from European Parliament race@ 08:59
- Greece plans lower corporate tax to spur growth@ 08:58
- Finland signs Nato assistance deal@ 08:58
- Greek records first surplus as EU moves closer to balanced budgets@ 17:38
- OpinionEU and Ukraine: too busy to protect gay rights?@ 14:14
- EU ElectionsEU elections may strengthen Putin in Europe@ 09:29
- Italian right calls for end to migrant rescue programme@ 09:29
- US to send 600 troops to Baltics, Poland amid Ukraine tensions@ 09:16
- EU ElectionsStudents should vote for pro-Erasmus MEPs@ 09:03
- OpinionWhere next after the Hungarian election?22'nd @ 16:37
- Time for EU energy union, says Polish PM22'nd @ 10:54
- TNS Opinion: David Cameron takes the lead on Twitter
- ACCA: European Parliament backs non financial reporting deals
- CESI: TTIP: Fears of the Unknown, Registration for CESI@noon lunch debate on Mon 28th April
- ThinkYoung: We want to listen your opinion on youth unemployment & skills mismatch
- EIPA: Summer School on EU law & its Implementation, Luxembourg, 30/06 until 11/07
- EIPA: The Infringement Procedure under Articles 258 & 260 TFEU - Luxembourg 19-20/06/14
- ACCA: New rules to improve shareholder engagement and corporate governance reporting
- European Youth Forum: Open letter to EU bodies, MS and CoE on the situation in Ukraine
- Oxfam: European overseas aid slightly increases but lags behind global trend
- EUA: Changing Landscapes in Learning and Teaching’: Report from the Annual Conference