Today @ 20:55
EU expands Russia blacklist by 15 names, ambassadors to continue talks on economic sanctions on Friday.
22.07.14 @ 18:21
18.07.14 @ 09:27
27.06.14 @ 09:23
04.06.14 @ 09:23
Today @ 09:25
EU ambassadors meeting in Brussels on Thursday are set to discuss a raft of new sanctions on Russia, as Moscow has shown no signs of wanting to meet an EU ultimatum over Ukraine.
23.07.14 @ 16:02
Rome is continuing to push Italian foreign minister Federica Mogherini to be the next EU foreign policy chief, despite opposition based on her experience and her country's perceived pro-Russia stance.
22.07.14 @ 20:42
Even before the MH17 disaster, EU countries were discussing a potential ban on Russian oil and gas imports if worst comes to worst.
23.07.14 @ 17:26
The EU commission has tabled a plan to increase the bloc's overall energy efficiency, but it watered it down amid fears of Russian gas supplies being cut in the ongoing Ukraine crisis.
23.07.14 @ 09:28
The EU wants to set up a legal channels to prevent Syrians from turning to smugglers to get to European Union territory - but can it deal with the thousands already trying to reach its shores.
22.07.14 @ 20:14
EU countries have defended Israel’s use of force in Gaza, but blamed it for harming peace prospects in the longer term.
22.07.14 @ 17:47
EU ministers have threatened Russia with full-scale - "stage three" - economic sanctions in the wake of the Malaysia Airlines crash.
21.07.14 @ 10:25
The US and the UK are putting pressure on the EU to impose tougher sanctions on Russia in the wake of the Malaysian Airlines disaster.
18.07.14 @ 19:30
France risks “international ridicule” if it delivers a warship to Russia despite the Malaysia Airlines disaster, but its intentions remain unchanged.
18.07.14 @ 09:22
The UK has tabled a UN resolution calling for an international enquiry into the Malaysian Airlines crash, as European countries count their casualties.
22.07.14 @ 09:18
EU foreign policy is facing a major test today as ministers gather in Brussels to consider their response to the suspected downing of the Malaysia Airlines flight by Russia-backed rebels in eastern Ukraine.
21.07.14 @ 09:44
How many people - whether Ukrainian or non-Ukrainian - have to die, before the West faces up to the realities of Putin's war?
18.07.14 @ 14:59
German Chancellor Angela Merkel has said Russia must acknowledge its share of responsibility in the Ukraine airplane disaster.
17.07.14 @ 21:11
An airliner carrying 295 people has crashed in a conflict zone in east Ukraine, with all on board presumed dead.
News in Brief
- Ukraine PM resigns@ 18:22
- Former Moldova envoy to lead EU civilian mission to Ukraine@ 15:38
- ECB website hacked@ 15:36
- EU abstentions clear way for UN enquiry on Gaza@ 12:59
- EU commission delaying GMO decision for 14 years@ 12:34
- US willing to give EU citizens same rights on data privacy@ 12:33
- US ambassador expects clarity on EU sanctions@ 11:53
- Bulgarian PM resigns@ 09:39
- EU blacklists more Russians, prepares economic sanctions@ 20:55
- Court rules Poland complicit in CIA renditions@ 16:28
- OpinionAnti-Roma prejudice rampant in state child protection services@ 14:36
- EU readies new sanctions on defiant Russia@ 09:25
- Scrapped EU surveillance law throws doubt on US data agreements@ 08:47
- Russia angst sees EU energy efficiency targets watered down23'rd @ 17:26
- Rome continues to push Italian FM to replace Ashton23'rd @ 16:02
- EU grapples with smugglers as people fleeing conflict face torture23'rd @ 09:28
- EEAS: Statement on the downing of Malaysia Airlines flight. In memoriam of Pim de Kuijer
- IFSBH: Join our new initiative: People United for Spina Bifida and Hydrocephalus!
- ACCA: Supports a coherent EU Single Market as to the balance of competences in the UK
- EIPA: Preparing for New EPSO Competitions: Luxembourg, 08 September 2014
- EIPA: Tools for Implementation of EU Policies at National Level. Luxembourg, 22-25/ 09/ 2014
- EPHA: 5th Annual Conference 4-5 September 2014, Brussels | Register before 31st July
- Centre Maurits Coppieters: Launches a new youtube channel
- ACCA: Implementing the New European Accounting Directive: Making the right choices
- UNESDA: Impact of food taxes on public health inconclusive and contradictory as per EC study
- European Federalist Party: Juncker is the 1st elected European Commission President