Today @ 09:30
Germany, France, and Italy have indicated they are willing to impose extra sanctions on Russia due to its overt “invasion” of Ukraine.
Today @ 09:28
29.07.14 @ 16:10
25.07.14 @ 18:59
22.07.14 @ 18:21
Today @ 09:30
EU and Cuban officials have made “substantial progress” towards agreeing a trade and political co-operation treaty.
28.08.14 @ 14:21
Ukrainian president Poroshenko has said Russian forces have invaded his country, with Kiev calling for an emergency EU and UN meeting.
27.08.14 @ 09:30
A summit in Minsk on Tuesday failed to produce a breakthrough on the Ukraine conflict, while Nato announced a bold new plan for eastern Europe.
28.08.14 @ 18:04
A deal is shaping up for Italian foreign minister Mogherini to become the EU's next foreign affairs chief, provided the PM of Poland or a Baltic leader takes up the EU Council presidency.
28.08.14 @ 09:16
Germany and the US have lent weight to claims that Russian troops are directly involved in opening up a new front in the Ukraine conflict.
27.08.14 @ 09:28
Italian foreign minister Mogherini may become the next EU foreign policy chief if Polish PM Tusk or a Baltic leader succeeds Van Rompuy as EU Council president.
25.08.14 @ 13:25
Merkel has indicated she is willing to make concessions on EU-Ukraine relations ahead of peace talks with Russia in Minsk.
22.08.14 @ 19:56
Lithuania’s foreign minister has said Ukraine will not attack Russia’s “aid” convoy, despite its “illegal” and “provocative” nature.
21.08.14 @ 09:27
Russia has said its ban on EU food imports will cost it “hundreds of billions of rubles”, while taking several items off the blacklist.
18.08.14 @ 17:29
The European Commission has set aside €125 million more for food exporters hurt by the Russia ban.
25.08.14 @ 09:29
The EU’s border mission for Libya remains parked in Tunisia, as deteriorating security conditions put migrants at greater risk.
22.08.14 @ 09:24
France, Germany, and the UK have circulated a draft UN resolution on Gaza designed to end Hamas rule in return for Israel lifting its seven-year blockade.
19.08.14 @ 09:21
Germany has said Nato will defend Baltic states if need be, but will not build permanent military bases in the region.
18.08.14 @ 09:26
Nato's top commander has said that if Russian "green men" try to destabilise a Nato country, the alliance would make "a military response".
News in Brief
- Spain backs Mogherini for EU top job@ 10:57
- Obama rules out US military intervention in Ukraine@ 09:23
- Scottish independence campaign gains ground@ 09:23
- Polish PM 'seriously considering' EU top job@ 09:23
- Iceland volcano may disrupt air traffic again@ 09:23
- EU leaders warn Putin of further sanctions28'th @ 18:13
- Finland and Sweden to allow Nato troops28'th @ 18:11
- EU to help dairy producers hit by Russian sanctions28'th @ 17:05
- Rasmussen: Ukraine free to seek Nato membership@ 15:00
- FocusGreek MP hurls homophobic insults at Luxembourg PM@ 10:48
- EU hails 'substantial progress' towards Cuba trade deal@ 09:30
- Russia's 'invasion' of Ukraine alienates EU friends@ 09:30
- OpinionEU top jobs: of dwarfs and giants@ 09:28
- Hollande calls for special summit on eurozone growth28'th @ 18:10
- Opposition to Mogherini fading in EU capital28'th @ 18:04
- OpinionWhy America is recovering, but Europe is not - Part I28'th @ 16:29
- Martens Centre: Register now for the event “A Changing Eastern Neighbourhood”
- Martens Centre: Register now for event on 9 Sept: Banking and Monetary Union 2014-2019
- EEA and Norway Grants: Investing in people: Annual Report 2013-2014
- EuFoA: Tension rises in Nagorno-Karabakh as ceasefire negotiations are underway
- ACCA: Supports a coherent EU Single Market as to the balance of competences in the UK
- EIPA: Preparing for New EPSO Competitions: Luxembourg, 08 September 2014
- EIPA: Tools for Implementation of EU Policies at National Level. Luxembourg, 22-25/ 09/ 2014
- EPHA: 5th Annual Conference 4-5 September 2014, Brussels
- Centre Maurits Coppieters: Launches a new youtube channel
- ACCA: Implementing the New European Accounting Directive: Making the right choices