21.11.14 @ 18:12
MEPs will add their voice to EU pressure on Palestine recognition next week, but diplomats say only the US can make a difference.
14.11.14 @ 17:35
13.11.14 @ 18:51
09.11.14 @ 17:03
10.11.14 @ 08:41
21.11.14 @ 09:29
One year after Ukraine’s pro-Western revolution - the Euromaidan - began with a Facebook post, people are dying every day in a war with Russia.
20.11.14 @ 18:15
The 60-odd members of the US-led global coalition to counter the Islamic state is set to meet for the first time in early December in Brussels.
18.11.14 @ 22:04
Spanish MPs have backed a non-binding motion to recognise Palestine, as France prepares for a similar move next week.
20.11.14 @ 18:45
EU diplomacy on Iran is one of its few successes, but it should look beyond the "nuclear issue", with a special envoy and a delegation in Tehran.
19.11.14 @ 09:30
Europe's watchdog has launched an enquiry into EU handling of corruption allegations at Eulex, its Kosovo law mission, as questions multiply.
18.11.14 @ 12:09
Nato has again warned of a “build-up” of “Russian forces” in and around Ukraine, one day after EU ministers shied away from Russia criticism.
18.11.14 @ 09:28
Europe’s foreign relations chief has denied the EU is in talks on Israel sanctions, despite a leaked paper on the issue.
17.11.14 @ 19:34
Forty eight hours after Nato said Russia is pouring troops into Ukraine, EU ministers opted to blacklist some “separatists” while trying to restart talks with Moscow.
14.11.14 @ 09:29
Ukraine’s envoy to the EU has warned that Russia is preparing a new "full-scale" offensive, in concerns echoed by the US and Nato.
13.11.14 @ 09:22
Tax havens in places like Luxembourg are zapping billions of euros from the coffers of developing countries and forcing weak governments to rely on dwindling international development aid, experts say.
17.11.14 @ 19:44
Ebola is flaring up as aid agencies struggle to keep staff on the ground, while EU pledges and donations have yet to appear.
17.11.14 @ 12:36
Germany has warned that Russia might try to spread its “sphere of influence” to the Western Balkans, while seeking new ways to make peace on Ukraine.
14.11.14 @ 09:28
A cross-party group of MEPs has urged the EU foreign service to stop ignoring the parliament on Magnitsky sanctions.
11.11.14 @ 15:57
The EU has asked an ageing academic to look into Eulex corruption allegations. But former officials want to know why it failed to convict a single "big fish" in the past five years?
News in Brief
- World powers and Iran extend nuclear deadline@ 16:30
- Finnish president: Joining Nato would harm Russia relations@ 15:34
- Ukraine to hold referendum on EU and Nato membership@ 15:34
- Police arrest top Romanian prosecutor@ 12:40
- Polish governing party wins local elections@ 09:17
- Russia backs trade deal between EU and Eurasian Union@ 09:01
- MEP vote on Palestinian state would be seen as 'anti Israel'@ 08:59
- UK party says unable to meet immigration cuts pledge@ 08:35
- Le Pen borrowed €9mn from Kremlin-linked bank@ 09:28
- EU still undecided on France deficit@ 09:22
- OpinionFormer Israeli law chief urges EU parliament to back Palestine recognition21'st @ 18:12
- EU parliament to vote on Palestine statehood21'st @ 18:12
- German commissioner provokes French wrath21'st @ 18:11
- Netherlands to pay EU top-up bill this year21'st @ 16:34
- AgendaEU to unveil investment fund this WEEK21'st @ 16:19
- AnalysisRomania's Obama moment21'st @ 12:00
- Cecilia Wikström: Interview - From a priest to an MEP
- Martina Dlabajová: Still no discharge for the Council from the Budgetary Control Committee
- Jerzy Buzek: Reindustrialisation & climate targets married via research on clean coal technologies
- Jan Philipp Albrecht: Study on Data Retention after the Judgement of the Court of Justice of the EU
- Michael Theurer: Dalligate II: Time to return to the facts and follow checks and balances
- Danuta Hübner: Awarded with The Legion of Honour for her contribution to EU integration
- Eva Paunova: Dinner debate on the digital single market – successes and challenges
- Victor Negrescu: The Next Generation Innovators
- China EU Mission: Amb. Yang Yanyi: Asia-Pacific cooperation offers opportunities for Europe
- EN:DEFI: US forces will stay in Baltic states to deter Russia
- Red Cross: Humanitarian approach to migration needed in the EU to protect the rights of migrants
- Caritas Europa: Europe 2020 will not deliver if dominated by economic drivers
- PlasticsEurope: Agreement on plastic bags: concern about negative effects on Internal Market
- World Vision: Where are the rights you promised us ?
- ACCA: 5th edition of the Ethics in Finance - Robin Cosgrove Prize, 28 January 2015, Brussels
- EPSU: LuxLeaks reveal something is rotten at the heart of Europe
- EJC: After massacre in Jerusalem, EJC calls to condition aid to Palestinians on stop incitement
- SUPERHUB: Main event: Smart Mobility in changing cities (Milan 26/11/2014)