25.11.14 @ 09:28
Talks on Iran’s nuclear programme have been extended until July, with the EU wondering whether to keep Ashton in the process.
14.11.14 @ 17:35
13.11.14 @ 18:51
09.11.14 @ 17:03
10.11.14 @ 08:41
24.11.14 @ 20:03
Danish MPs are to vote on a resolution instructing the government to recognise Palestine, but Denmark's foreign minister says the time is not right.
21.11.14 @ 18:12
MEPs will add their voice to EU pressure on Palestine recognition next week, but diplomats say only the US can make a difference.
20.11.14 @ 18:45
EU diplomacy on Iran is one of its few successes, but it should look beyond the "nuclear issue", with a special envoy and a delegation in Tehran.
24.11.14 @ 09:28
Far-right French party Front National borrowed €9 million from a Russian bank, posing questions over its relationship with the Kremlin.
21.11.14 @ 09:29
One year after Ukraine’s pro-Western revolution - the Euromaidan - began with a Facebook post, people are dying every day in a war with Russia.
20.11.14 @ 18:15
The 60-odd members of the US-led global coalition to counter the Islamic state is set to meet for the first time in early December in Brussels.
19.11.14 @ 09:30
Europe's watchdog has launched an enquiry into EU handling of corruption allegations at Eulex, its Kosovo law mission, as questions multiply.
18.11.14 @ 12:09
Nato has again warned of a “build-up” of “Russian forces” in and around Ukraine, one day after EU ministers shied away from Russia criticism.
17.11.14 @ 19:44
Ebola is flaring up as aid agencies struggle to keep staff on the ground, while EU pledges and donations have yet to appear.
17.11.14 @ 12:36
Germany has warned that Russia might try to spread its “sphere of influence” to the Western Balkans, while seeking new ways to make peace on Ukraine.
18.11.14 @ 22:04
Spanish MPs have backed a non-binding motion to recognise Palestine, as France prepares for a similar move next week.
18.11.14 @ 09:28
Europe’s foreign relations chief has denied the EU is in talks on Israel sanctions, despite a leaked paper on the issue.
17.11.14 @ 19:34
Forty eight hours after Nato said Russia is pouring troops into Ukraine, EU ministers opted to blacklist some “separatists” while trying to restart talks with Moscow.
14.11.14 @ 09:29
Ukraine’s envoy to the EU has warned that Russia is preparing a new "full-scale" offensive, in concerns echoed by the US and Nato.
News in Brief
- EU suspends Iran sanctions until July@ 10:36
- EU parliament postpones Palestine vote@ 08:40
- US to send tanks to eastern Europe@ 08:39
- Air pollution costs EU up to €189bn in 2012, says EU agency@ 08:37
- Greek ships rescue hundreds of migrants@ 08:36
- EU migration commissioner: Pope's signal received25'th @ 18:22
- EU court upholds Rubik's Cube trademark25'th @ 18:20
- France suspends Russia warship delivery 'until further notice'25'th @ 15:30
- Reports multiply of Kremlin links to anti-EU parties@ 09:29
- Eurozone 'grinding to standstill', OECD warns@ 09:29
- FeatureInvitations sent out for next EU-Russia 'summit'25'th @ 21:01
- Juncker's plan: Making €60bn worth five times more25'th @ 21:01
- EU commission to publish more trade documents in bid for public support25'th @ 20:04
- EU funds airline data-sharing despite legal concerns25'th @ 19:10
- Member states owe EU over €320bn25'th @ 18:49
- EU is 'aged and weary', pope says25'th @ 15:34
- Eva Paunova: Digital techs must be recognised as best route to growth and development
- Jan Philipp Albrecht: EU-Canada PNR scheme must have legality assessed by European Court
- Cecilia Wikström: Interview - From a priest to an MEP
- Martina Dlabajová: Still no discharge for the Council from the Budgetary Control Committee
- Jerzy Buzek: Reindustrialisation & climate targets married via research on clean coal technologies
- Michael Theurer: Dalligate II: Time to return to the facts and follow checks and balances
- Danuta Hübner: Awarded with The Legion of Honour for her contribution to EU integration
- Victor Negrescu: The Next Generation Innovators
- Access Now: Save the Internet: The EU MS are about to turn their backs on Net Neutrality
- EU Spirits: Do you know how apples & pears go into a bottle ?
- China EU Mission: Amb. Yang Yanyi: Asia-Pacific cooperation offers opportunities for Europe
- Martens Centre: Invites you to the Transatlantic Think Tank Conference on 4 Dec, register now!
- EMHRN: Day for the Elimination of Violence against Women: Bleak Picture for the Euro-Med Region
- EN:DEFI: US forces will stay in Baltic states to deter Russia
- Red Cross: Humanitarian approach to migration needed in the EU to protect the rights of migrants
- Caritas Europa: Europe 2020 will not deliver if dominated by economic drivers
- PlasticsEurope: Agreement on plastic bags: concern about negative effects on Internal Market
- World Vision: Where are the rights you promised us ?