14.01.13 @ 08:29
EU border control agency Frontex is looking to buy drones and satellite images to monitor migrant behaviour beyond the Union's borders.
07.01.13 @ 07:43
07.01.13 @ 07:43
07.01.13 @ 07:43
09.01.13 @ 08:46
Poor labour conditions, racism and squalid housing is making African migrants in Istanbul dream of the EU despite its crisis.
21.12.12 @ 09:19
A 12.5km fence rolled with barbwire along the Greek Turkish border is part of a larger initiative to secure Europe from migrants seeking a better life.
20.12.12 @ 09:27
The poor treatment of migrants and asylum seekers in Greece is a humanitarian disaster, says a report released on Wednesday by Amnesty International.
07.01.13 @ 07:56
Smuggler groups - kacakci - who get people from Turkey into the EU make more money each time the Union takes steps to protect the border.
03.01.13 @ 11:31
Afghan refugees trapped in legal limbo in Turkey are pursuing new Balkan routes to get into the EU.
27.12.12 @ 08:39
A chief of police in north-eastern Greece says irregular migrants no longer cross into the country from Turkey. Land mines from World War II are among the deterrents.
News in Brief
- Van Rompuy to teach at College of Europe@ 09:47
- Bulgaria won't sign EU-US trade deal until visas are scrapped@ 09:13
- Germany approves women quota law@ 09:12
- EU border agency gets French chief@ 09:11
- No South Stream could mean less gas, says Russian minister@ 09:10
- Spanish minister resigns over corruption scandal@ 09:09
- Fresh anti-government protests in Budapest@ 09:08
- EU to measure climate emissions from ships26'th @ 18:30
- Mediapart: National Front's Kremlin loan is worth €40mn@ 09:28
- MEP vote ups pressure on EU to break up Google@ 09:26
- OpinionCommon European investment programme needed26'th @ 18:30
- EU regulators want right-to-be forgotten to go global26'th @ 18:24
- MEPs endorse Juncker investment plan despite criticism26'th @ 16:28
- Reports multiply of Kremlin links to anti-EU parties26'th @ 09:29
- Eurozone 'grinding to standstill', OECD warns26'th @ 09:29
- FeatureInvitations sent out for next EU-Russia 'summit'25'th @ 21:01
- Danuta Hübner: Jobs, Growth and Investment Package to succeed if it fully mobilizes private sector
- Eva Paunova: Digital techs must be recognised as best route to growth and development
- Jan Philipp Albrecht: EU-Canada PNR scheme must have legality assessed by European Court
- Cecilia Wikström: Interview - From a priest to an MEP
- Martina Dlabajová: Still no discharge for the Council from the Budgetary Control Committee
- Jerzy Buzek: Reindustrialisation & climate targets married via research on clean coal technologies
- Michael Theurer: Dalligate II: Time to return to the facts and follow checks and balances
- Victor Negrescu: The Next Generation Innovators
- Autism Europe: Action required to prevent abuse of people with autism in Greece
- Access Now: Save the Internet: The EU MS are about to turn their backs on Net Neutrality
- EU Spirits: Do you know how apples & pears go into a bottle ?
- China EU Mission: Amb. Yang Yanyi: Asia-Pacific cooperation offers opportunities for Europe
- Martens Centre: Invites you to the Transatlantic Think Tank Conference on 4 Dec, register now!
- EMHRN: Day for the Elimination of Violence against Women: Bleak Picture for the Euro-Med Region
- EN:DEFI: US forces will stay in Baltic states to deter Russia
- Red Cross: Humanitarian approach to migration needed in the EU to protect the rights of migrants
- Caritas Europa: Europe 2020 will not deliver if dominated by economic drivers
- PlasticsEurope: Agreement on plastic bags: concern about negative effects on Internal Market