14.01.13 @ 08:29
EU border control agency Frontex is looking to buy drones and satellite images to monitor migrant behaviour beyond the Union's borders.
07.01.13 @ 07:43
07.01.13 @ 07:43
07.01.13 @ 07:43
09.01.13 @ 08:46
Poor labour conditions, racism and squalid housing is making African migrants in Istanbul dream of the EU despite its crisis.
21.12.12 @ 09:19
A 12.5km fence rolled with barbwire along the Greek Turkish border is part of a larger initiative to secure Europe from migrants seeking a better life.
20.12.12 @ 09:27
The poor treatment of migrants and asylum seekers in Greece is a humanitarian disaster, says a report released on Wednesday by Amnesty International.
07.01.13 @ 07:56
Smuggler groups - kacakci - who get people from Turkey into the EU make more money each time the Union takes steps to protect the border.
03.01.13 @ 11:31
Afghan refugees trapped in legal limbo in Turkey are pursuing new Balkan routes to get into the EU.
27.12.12 @ 08:39
A chief of police in north-eastern Greece says irregular migrants no longer cross into the country from Turkey. Land mines from World War II are among the deterrents.
News in Brief
- Greek presidency one of 'opportunities not crisis'
- EU slaps big banks with record fine
- German and Polish ministers to attend OSCE event in Kiev
- Goldman Sachs to pull out of UK if it leaves EU
- New banking scandal on the horizon
- Increase in Europeans fighting in Syria
- Member states back EU research programme
- Bicycle sales surge in EU
- Harsh EU fines expected for interbank rate-fixing
- EU pupils lagging behind in maths: Report
- Fortress Europe: a Greek wall close up
- Frontex chief looks beyond EU borders
- Land border sealed, Greek police chief says
- Turkish limbo pushing Afghan refugees to EU
- Istanbul: smuggler capital for EU-bound migrants
- 'I have heard about EU austerity, but still I would like to go'
- Amnesty: migrant abuse in Greece is 'humanitarian crisis'
- Fortress Europe
- About Nikolaj Nielsen
- EUobserver investigative reports
- EU countries offered €6,000 per head to take in refugees@ 19:37
- Banks to pay out €1.7 billion in rate-fixing scandal@ 19:02
- Turkey starts visa-free talks with EU@ 18:53
- Ashton and Kerry to skip Ukraine meeting@ 09:26
- German conservatives stir up 'welfare tourism' row@ 08:52
- Austerity stripping away Europe's human rights, watchdog says3'rd @ 17:18
- FocusEU's young people lag behind on maths target3'rd @ 17:16
- OpinionTime to resolve the Greece-Macedonia name game3'rd @ 09:56
- Denmark seen as least corrupt EU country3'rd @ 09:29
- British law chief warns EU on power grab3'rd @ 09:27
- EPF: Press conference on cross-border healthcare and patients' rights
- ACCA: Improved transparency in auditor reporting - making it a reality in the EU
- OGP: EU domestic shale gas production could add a million jobs, new study shows
- EuroTech Universities: Joint event with Industry to address societal changes !
- ICSS: Joins Council of Europe & Sorbonne to host EU forum on integrity in sport
- FIA: Greater cooperation to deliver new car technologies to consumers
- EFA-ECC: Lessons to address the poor state of COPD care in Europe
- Euro-Mediterranean Human Rights Network: Violence against women, bleeding wound in the Syrian conflict
- ACCA: New EC amendments to the Parent-Subsidiary Directive: a good move
- European Jewish Congress: Calls for Proscription of Neo-Nazi parties
- This is a very dead horse - stop floggingAnother Look
- Facebook isn't our friendExposing Corporate Europe
- Moscow Never SleepsBelarus Reloaded
- The trouble with Europe’s big thinking? Europe’s big states.Super Commuter
- Don´t take their word for itAnother Look
- Eurasian Union's problem with Russian nationalismNeighbourhood
- COP 19: Walking about Warsaw in circlesGlobal challenges
- Does UKIP now have the cash to cause an earthquake?The Fox Edition
- The EU budget farce is over....for now at leastThe Fox Edition
- The Ukrainian Soap Opera ContinuesWider Black Sea