14.01.13 @ 08:29
EU border control agency Frontex is looking to buy drones and satellite images to monitor migrant behaviour beyond the Union's borders.
07.01.13 @ 07:43
07.01.13 @ 07:43
07.01.13 @ 07:43
09.01.13 @ 08:46
Poor labour conditions, racism and squalid housing is making African migrants in Istanbul dream of the EU despite its crisis.
21.12.12 @ 09:19
A 12.5km fence rolled with barbwire along the Greek Turkish border is part of a larger initiative to secure Europe from migrants seeking a better life.
20.12.12 @ 09:27
The poor treatment of migrants and asylum seekers in Greece is a humanitarian disaster, says a report released on Wednesday by Amnesty International.
07.01.13 @ 07:56
Smuggler groups - kacakci - who get people from Turkey into the EU make more money each time the Union takes steps to protect the border.
03.01.13 @ 11:31
Afghan refugees trapped in legal limbo in Turkey are pursuing new Balkan routes to get into the EU.
27.12.12 @ 08:39
A chief of police in north-eastern Greece says irregular migrants no longer cross into the country from Turkey. Land mines from World War II are among the deterrents.
News in Brief
- Interpol rejects Russian request on Magnitsky campaigner
- Italy's Grillo seeks EU membership referendum
- MEPs urge start to Macedonia EU talks
- UK migrant influx fears unfounded, says EU commissioner
- French rich tax to target companies, not individuals
- Stockholm riots point to inequalities
- German brewers: shale gas exploitation may ruin beer
- Netherlands not a tax haven, says Merkel
- France willing to put Hezbollah on EU blacklist
- EU 'proud' on asylum seekers
- Fortress Europe: a Greek wall close up
- Frontex chief looks beyond EU borders
- Land border sealed, Greek police chief says
- 'I have heard about EU austerity, but still I would like to go'
- Istanbul: smuggler capital for EU-bound migrants
- Turkish limbo pushing Afghan refugees to EU
- Amnesty: migrant abuse in Greece is 'humanitarian crisis'
- Fortress Europe
- EUobserver investigative reports
- About Nikolaj Nielsen
- Euro-deputies diverge on data protection details@ 11:05
- AgendaBrussels to unveil policy recommendations this WEEK@ 08:09
- Cyprus bank accuses troika of misleading EU ministers24'th @ 18:01
- Central bank chief: EU needs a more European UK24'th @ 09:28
- Van Rompuy endorses restart of EU-Turkey talks24'th @ 09:27
- OpinionEU should act on political abuse of Interpol24'th @ 09:01
- Governments to give green light for US trade talks24'th @ 08:54
- EU anti-fraud chief defends role in Dalligate23'rd @ 19:09
- EU retreats from olive oil ban after wave of ridicule23'rd @ 17:42
- Amnesty: EU states guilty of racism, homophobia23'rd @ 09:38
- European Friends of Armenia: EuFoA calls for common EU-Armenia efforts to stop waste of gas
- CESI: Tax administration staff joins EU institutions in serious concern over tax evasion and tax fraud
- Counter Balance: Register! ‘Facing the future or looking at the past? New energy policies at EIB/EBRD’ 27/05 EU Parliament
- EIPA: Summer school on EU Law and its Implementation, organised in Luxembourg from 01 to 12 July 2013
- Confederation of Swedish Enterprise: State of the union – Where is the EU heading?
- ACCA: ACCA encourages EU leaders to be bold in the fight against tax fraud and evasion
- EIPA: Practical Tools for Implementation of EU Policies at the National Level: Modules 1 and 2 Luxembourg, 24-27 September 2013
- The Finance curse - my new bookEscape from Europe
- Yes, this is what we need the EU forAnother Look
- Pentecost on the prairieGlobal challenges
- The untold story of Libya's Mahmud GebrilInside Arab Spring
- U-turn, please!Another Look
- Going against fears in AmericaGlobal challenges
- About spin and DIYAnother Look
- The capture of tax haven Ireland: "the bankers, hedge funds got virtually everything they wanted"Escape from Europe
- The year in picturesSuper Commuter
- Not the Jihadists but we are the problemInside Arab Spring