17.07.14 @ 20:55
Transparency groups are urging Jean-Claude Juncker to reject Britain’s EU commission-designate Jonathan Hopkin Hill over his ties to lobbying and lobbyists in Brussels.
21.10.13 @ 07:49
19.02.13 @ 18:36
08.01.13 @ 09:52
04.01.13 @ 08:33
17.07.14 @ 20:36
The European Commission has warned that it is running out of money again in the latest stand-off between the EU institutions over its unpaid bills.
16.07.14 @ 21:55
EU leaders heading into a summit to decide on top posts on Wednesday lowered expectations of a deal due to diverging views on the foreign affairs chief.
15.07.14 @ 09:31
Former Finnish PM Katainen and three other interim commissioners-to-be were grilled by MEPs before taking up their posts for four months.
17.07.14 @ 03:14
EU leaders have failed to reach an agreement on two top jobs, opting to meet again on a Saturday at the end of August.
16.07.14 @ 08:14
Italian FM Mogherini has emerged as a frontrunner for the EU foreign affairs job, but eastern member states find her too Russia-friendly.
14.07.14 @ 09:28
EU leaders meeting on Wednesday are likely to pick only the foreign policy chief, with a decision on the successor to Van Rompuy "possibly" delayed until autumn.
11.07.14 @ 09:30
Around a dozen member states are set to face the European Commission at the EU Court of Justice for not following the EU laws.
08.07.14 @ 20:35
Dalli's lawyers claimed Barroso bullied him out of his job instead of following proper procedure in the second and final day of an EU Court hearing in his case.
08.07.14 @ 09:28
Judges at the EU Court of Justice on Monday cross-examined the president of the European Commission in a tobacco lobby scandal which saw a commissioner leave in disgrace two years ago.
25.06.14 @ 09:24
A lost file in the European Parliament has allowed a Romanian MEP suspected of corruption to leave the assembly without any inquiry.
10.07.14 @ 19:24
The prospect of the next EU commission being heavily male-dominated has prompted outgoing female commissioners to take action.
08.07.14 @ 18:01
Future EU commission chief Juncker has promised the economics commissioner post to a Socialist, as part of a grand coalition-type of deal between the centre-right and centre-left ahead of a European Parliament vote on Tuesday.
03.07.14 @ 17:37
EU commission chief Barroso is to answer judges' questions at the EU court next week in a tobacco lobbying scandal which refuses to go away.
20.06.14 @ 09:29
British eurosceptic leader Nigel Farage has managed to form a group in the EP, but his 48-strong team has a mixed bag of political beliefs.
News in Brief
- Commissioners have to be 'as flexible as fooballers'@ 17:17
- US welcomes new EU sanctions threat@ 14:15
- Lithuania gets final OK to join euro@ 13:23
- Russian oligarchs moving money out of London@ 09:35
- Netherlands in day of national mourning@ 09:04
- EU reinforces santions on Syria@ 08:59
- Italy makes arrests over migrant deaths@ 08:59
- EU set to announce weakened 2030 energy savings target@ 08:57
- Russia angst sees EU energy efficiency targets watered down@ 17:26
- Rome continues to push Italian FM to replace Ashton@ 16:02
- EU grapples with smugglers as people fleeing conflict face torture@ 09:28
- Deutsche Bank under fire in the US@ 09:16
- UK is still sending arms to Russia, say MPs@ 09:12
- AnalysisLeaked paper: EU options on 'stage three' Russia sanctions22'nd @ 20:42
- EU defends Israel's Gaza incursion22'nd @ 20:14
- OpinionGaza: ‘Burning the consciousness’22'nd @ 18:21
- IFSBH: Join our new initiative: People United for Spina Bifida and Hydrocephalus!
- ACCA: Supports a coherent EU Single Market as to the balance of competences in the UK
- EIPA: Preparing for New EPSO Competitions: Luxembourg, 08 September 2014
- EIPA: Tools for Implementation of EU Policies at National Level. Luxembourg, 22-25/ 09/ 2014
- EPHA: 5th Annual Conference 4-5 September 2014, Brussels | Register before 31st July
- Centre Maurits Coppieters: Launches a new youtube channel
- ACCA: Implementing the New European Accounting Directive: Making the right choices
- UNESDA: Impact of food taxes on public health inconclusive and contradictory as per EC study
- European Federalist Party: Juncker is the 1st elected European Commission President
- Martens Centre: Register now for event on 9 Sept: Banking and Monetary Union 2014-2019