13.11.14 @ 19:04
Finance ministers meet in Brussels on Friday as EU lawmakers face another race against time to agree on 2015 spending plans.
05.11.14 @ 17:54
03.11.14 @ 09:05
24.09.14 @ 17:36
11.09.14 @ 09:29
13.11.14 @ 18:55
The Dutch Liberal party has nominated a relative novice to chair the European affairs committee, abandoning a more experienced candidate who is said to be too pro-European.
04.11.14 @ 09:28
The Italian EU presidency has said the contentious idea of "reform contracts" is no longer on the table. But most of Rome's current work is dominated by the British budget furore.
03.11.14 @ 16:42
The €300bn investment fund as well as Britain's budget bill look set to be the immediate political headaches for the Juncker commission which officially started work Monday.
05.11.14 @ 09:04
The declining health of democracy in the continent’s post-communist frontier states threatens both democratic values and the security of the region.
04.11.14 @ 09:27
The ECB formally assumes its new role as the chief supervisor of EU banks on Tuesday, in a milestone for the creation of the bloc's banking union.
29.10.14 @ 09:18
The EU parliament is routinely blocking websites such as Reddit or even the BBC in what internet security experts see as an exaggerated response to a virus which uses social networks.
20.10.14 @ 18:22
The volume of EU lawmaking fell by nearly 40 percent in the last legislative term, according to an internal European Parliament paper.
13.10.14 @ 09:57
Over half of the MEPs have activities outside the European Parliament, earning between €5.8 and €18.3 million on top of their regular salaries, according to a database pooling their declarations of financial interests.
07.10.14 @ 09:29
The EU’s next foreign policy chief, Federica Mogherini, was more hawkish on Russia in an EU parliament hearing which satisfied most MEPs.
03.10.14 @ 12:24
MEPs gave three commissioner nominees a Sunday-evening deadline to answer a list of near-impossible questions.
20.10.14 @ 09:28
Britain risks “alienating” friends in Europe by loose talk of migration caps, the outgoing EU commission chief is to warn.
08.10.14 @ 09:29
MEPs are Wednesday to decide on the five commissioners who failed to get the green light after parliamentary hearings, with the Slovene nominee set for the axe.
07.10.14 @ 09:28
On the last day of commissioner hearings, MEPs will decide what to do with remaining at-risk candidates after rejecting Hungary's Navracsics on culture.
02.10.14 @ 18:27
Poland’s next commissioner has defended EU plans to take a more business-friendly approach to healthcare.
News in Brief
- Third bird flu case in the Netherlands21'st @ 16:26
- British Green party backs in/out EU referendum21'st @ 15:08
- UK shelves EU bank bonus challenge21'st @ 15:08
- Italian PM in Strasbourg next week21'st @ 13:49
- Entire commission to be present for Juncker censure21'st @ 13:05
- Orban: Hungary won't sacrifice economy over EU-Russia sanctions21'st @ 09:29
- German EU commissioner doubts French reform drive21'st @ 09:27
- Nato deployed jets 400 times in 201421'st @ 09:23
- OpinionFormer Israeli law chief urges EU parliament to recognise Palestine21'st @ 18:12
- EU parliament to vote on Palestine statehood21'st @ 18:12
- German commissioner provokes French wrath21'st @ 18:11
- Netherlands to pay EU top-up bill this year21'st @ 16:34
- AgendaEU to unveil investment fund this WEEK21'st @ 16:19
- AnalysisRomania's Obama moment21'st @ 12:00
- Dutch had euro-exit plan at height of crisis21'st @ 09:53
- One year after Euromaidan: 13 people dying every day21'st @ 09:29
- Danuta Hübner: Awarded with The Legion of Honour for her contribution to EU integration
- Jerzy Buzek: Reindustrialisation & climate targets married via research on clean coal technologies
- Cecilia Wikström: Music video with her reflections regarding imprisoned journalist Dawit Isaak
- Jan Philip Albrecht: Study on Data Retention after the Judgement of the Court of Justice of the EU
- Michael Theurer: Dalligate II: Time to return to the facts and follow checks and balances
- Martina Dlabajová: Still no discharge for the Council from the Budgetary Control Committee
- Eva Paunova: Dinner debate on the digital single market – successes and challenges
- Victor Negrescu: The Next Generation Innovators
- China EU Mission: Ambassador Yang Yanyi: Asia-Pacific cooperation offers opportunities for Europe
- Caritas Europa: Europe 2020 will not deliver if dominated by economic drivers
- PlasticsEurope: Agreement on plastic bags: concern about negative effects on Internal Market
- Red Cross: Conference: Promoting Humanitarian Approach in the EU Migration Agenda
- World Vision: Where are the rights you promised us ?
- ACCA: 5th edition of the Ethics in Finance - Robin Cosgrove Prize, 28 January 2015, Brussels
- EPSU: LuxLeaks reveal something is rotten at the heart of Europe
- EJC: After massacre in Jerusalem, EJC calls to condition aid to Palestinians on stop incitement
- SUPERHUB: Main event: Smart Mobility in changing cities (Milan 26/11/2014)
- AEBIOM: Sustainable biomass backs European Economy, 03 December 2014