05.12.14 @ 18:59
Women working in the EU institutions now have their own 'caucus' to advance gender equality, under an initiative by the Italian EU presidency.
16.12.14 @ 10:45
16.12.14 @ 10:39
05.11.14 @ 17:54
03.11.14 @ 09:05
02.12.14 @ 08:42
The EU’s new Polish chairman has urged Russia to withdraw its forces from Ukraine in his first official statement.
13.11.14 @ 19:04
Finance ministers meet in Brussels on Friday as EU lawmakers face another race against time to agree on 2015 spending plans.
05.11.14 @ 09:04
The declining health of democracy in the continent’s post-communist frontier states threatens both democratic values and the security of the region.
01.12.14 @ 09:27
EU Council chief Van Rompuy is ending his five-year term true to his nature, with no glam or pomp. But his legacy is significant, particularly in the eurozone crisis and its institutional follow-up.
13.11.14 @ 18:55
The Dutch Liberal party has nominated a relative novice to chair the European affairs committee, abandoning a more experienced candidate who is said to be too pro-European.
04.11.14 @ 09:28
The Italian EU presidency has said the contentious idea of "reform contracts" is no longer on the table. But most of Rome's current work is dominated by the British budget furore.
04.11.14 @ 09:27
The ECB formally assumes its new role as the chief supervisor of EU banks on Tuesday, in a milestone for the creation of the bloc's banking union.
29.10.14 @ 09:18
The EU parliament is routinely blocking websites such as Reddit or even the BBC in what internet security experts see as an exaggerated response to a virus which uses social networks.
20.10.14 @ 09:28
Britain risks “alienating” friends in Europe by loose talk of migration caps, the outgoing EU commission chief is to warn.
08.10.14 @ 09:29
MEPs are Wednesday to decide on the five commissioners who failed to get the green light after parliamentary hearings, with the Slovene nominee set for the axe.
03.11.14 @ 16:42
The €300bn investment fund as well as Britain's budget bill look set to be the immediate political headaches for the Juncker commission which officially started work Monday.
20.10.14 @ 18:22
The volume of EU lawmaking fell by nearly 40 percent in the last legislative term, according to an internal European Parliament paper.
13.10.14 @ 09:57
Over half of the MEPs have activities outside the European Parliament, earning between €5.8 and €18.3 million on top of their regular salaries, according to a database pooling their declarations of financial interests.
07.10.14 @ 09:29
The EU’s next foreign policy chief, Federica Mogherini, was more hawkish on Russia in an EU parliament hearing which satisfied most MEPs.
News in Brief
- Wilders to be prosecuted for 'fewer Moroccans' chant@ 09:54
- Uber asks EU to overturn French ban@ 09:16
- Dimas fails in first vote to become Greek president@ 09:15
- Unclear if Dutch PM will be at Brussels summit@ 09:14
- ECB considering new moves to boost euro economy@ 09:10
- EU summit to call for conclusion of TTIP talks in 2015@ 09:00
- Turkish leader continues to attack EU@ 08:52
- Israeli PM in anti-EU tirade@ 08:49
- Obesity now considered a disability in EU law@ 10:33
- Spain pushes for taxation debate at EU summit@ 09:29
- OpinionIsrael and Palestine: Recognising the need for difficult compromises@ 09:28
- EU welcomes thaw in US-Cuba relations@ 09:14
- EU nations face mounting pressure over CIA black sites17'th @ 18:48
- Government optimism leads to missed budget targets17'th @ 18:26
- German cabinet approves road toll aimed at foreigners17'th @ 17:56
- EU ministers disregard scientific advice on fish quotas17'th @ 17:42
- Counter Balance: Juncker's investment offensive targets dodgy projects, new stories everyday
- EBF: Downward trend in bank robberies continues
- EBF: Adoption of fourth EU Anti-Money Laundering Directive
- European Federalist Party: Results of the Lima Conference
- COFACE: News - December 2014
- Oxfam: EU executives’ fixation with private sector compromises commitment to poor people
- Martens Centre: 5 reasons why the end of South Stream should mark the start of Energy Union
- Dialogue Platform: Calls for release of journalists detained in Turkey
- EMHRN: Egypt: Const. Committee Testify to Baselessness of Charges in Shura Council Case
- Red Cross: We must stay focused and sustain our efforts to stop Ebola