17.04.14 @ 09:25
A majority of MEPs want Schulz to explain how he is able to run a campaign and fulfil his role as EP President at the same time.
21.10.13 @ 07:49
19.02.13 @ 18:36
08.01.13 @ 09:52
04.01.13 @ 08:33
14.04.14 @ 14:30
All EU institutions co-operated positively on an upcoming EU integrity study, with one striking exception – the EU parliament.
09.04.14 @ 21:31
The EU's financial industry spends more than €120 million per year and employs over 1,700 lobbyists to work in the EU institutions.
07.04.14 @ 09:25
Talks aimed at increasing transparency on EU statistical output have collapsed after the European Commission refused to apply the rules it demands of national statistical offices to its own statistical agency.
11.04.14 @ 16:46
Pressure is mounting on the European Commission to release documents in a graft scandal that saw a commissioner for health lose his job.
07.04.14 @ 09:29
Angela Merkel's Christian Democrats are pondering how to limit the powers of the "latent anti-European" Constitutional Court.
02.04.14 @ 18:19
European Parliament chief Martin Schulz removed a paragraph critical of his stewardship in a key committee report.
28.03.14 @ 09:50
The German finance minister has said discussions on revising the treaty to secure the eurozone's architecture will begin after the May EU elections.
19.03.14 @ 10:11
Decisions on EU officials taking lobbying jobs dealing with issues they had previously worked on could in future be made by a new independent body the European Ombudsman has told MEPs.
27.02.14 @ 09:22
A large majority of MEPs on in Strasbourg agreed to increase transparency in the committee level decision-making process.
12.02.14 @ 11:49
A handful of euro-deputies working on the joint transparency register want the EU commission to propose making it mandatory in 2016.
20.03.14 @ 09:52
The EU is set to re-write its legislation on access to drinking water in response to a pan-EU campaign backed by 1.8 million people.
04.03.14 @ 09:29
Artists and writers invited to ponder on how culture can counter populism and euroscepticism have warned that Europe has lost its attraction.
17.02.14 @ 20:47
EU law should guarantee the right to water and sanitation, 1.8 million people said in the first valid EU citizens' petition.
11.02.14 @ 17:07
The EU commission is set to authorise the cultivation of a genetically modified maize crop, despite opposition from 19 countries: Critics say it showcases "absurd" EU voting rules.
News in Brief
- Russia says Kiev 'breaking Geneva accord' on Ukraine22'nd @ 09:19
- Oettinger hits out at early German retirement plans22'nd @ 09:19
- Ukip defends 'racist' poster campaign22'nd @ 09:16
- Poll shows Scottish independence camp gaining ground22'nd @ 09:15
- IMF sees Portugal's economy improving22'nd @ 09:12
- OpinionWhere next after the Hungarian election?22'nd @ 16:37
- Time for EU energy union, says Polish PM22'nd @ 10:54
- EU ElectionsBelgium's biggest party has no allies in the EP22'nd @ 09:25
- EU ElectionsCzech people's party lands in hot water over anti-immigration line22'nd @ 09:25
- OpinionEU elections 2014: Toward a democratic revolution?22'nd @ 09:10
- Pro-Russia separatists reject EU and US-brokered pact18'th @ 17:22
- Russia and China forge closer ties, as EU explores sanctions17'th @ 09:29
- Europe faces worst human rights 'crisis' in decades17'th @ 09:29
- ACCA: European Parliament backs non financial reporting deals
- CESI: TTIP: Fears of the Unknown, Registration for CESI@noon lunch debate on Mon 28th April
- ThinkYoung: We want to listen your opinion on youth unemployment & skills mismatch
- EIPA: Summer School on EU law & its Implementation, Luxembourg, 30/06 until 11/07
- EIPA: The Infringement Procedure under Articles 258 & 260 TFEU - Luxembourg 19-20/06/14
- ACCA: New rules to improve shareholder engagement and corporate governance reporting
- European Youth Forum: Open letter to EU bodies, MS and CoE on the situation in Ukraine
- Oxfam: European overseas aid slightly increases but lags behind global trend
- EUA: Changing Landscapes in Learning and Teaching’: Report from the Annual Conference
- Regione Puglia: Capacity building course for regional officers on EU decision-making: 7-11/04