25.09.14 @ 07:52
MEPs are preparing "lively" hearings for the new commissioners-to-be, with the Spanish, British, Slovenian, and Hungarian candidates likely to have the hardest time of it.
24.09.14 @ 17:36
11.09.14 @ 09:29
10.09.14 @ 17:29
21.10.13 @ 07:49
23.09.14 @ 17:46
EU ombudsman Emily O'Reilly wants more transparency from EU institutions on letting officials switch to the private sector, negotiating trade agreements, and allowing medicines onto the European market.
18.09.14 @ 09:29
Over 4 million people are to cast their vote in favour or against Scottish independence on Thursday, with Spain calling it a "torpedo" against EU integration.
12.09.14 @ 09:27
Almost 2 million Catalans took to the streets of Barcelona on Thursday calling for the right to vote on independence from Spain. A consultative vote is planned for 9 November.
19.09.14 @ 16:06
Catalan leader Artur Mas has said the Scottish referendum has reinforced his plan to hold a similar vote at home.
17.09.14 @ 17:04
The European Parliament is preparing a set of "obstacle course" hearings for incoming EU commissioners with recent past form showing that at least one of the designates will fall by the wayside.
11.09.14 @ 10:03
Jean-Claude Juncker has appointed a Greek EU official as his main spokesperson, part of his revamped media strategy for the new EU commission.
10.09.14 @ 14:57
The new EU commission will have a less centralised power structure, with Jean-Claude Juncker delegating more responsibilities to his deputies.
09.09.14 @ 18:06
The new EU commission chief is to present his new team and their posts on Wednesday. Here is a round-up of the latest portfolio speculations.
02.09.14 @ 13:41
Incoming EU commission chief Jean-Claude Juncker has started meeting the nominees for his 28-strong college, but gender balance continues to be a problem.
01.09.14 @ 09:09
Pro-transparency groups and trade unions are urging the European Commission to scale back corporate influence on policy-making decisions.
11.09.14 @ 09:18
The EU foreign relations chief is to move her office back to the European Commission to steer a cell of top officials on external policy.
04.09.14 @ 20:09
The list of proposed new EU commissioners is now complete, with enough women for the European Parliament to approve the 28-strong team led by Jean-Claude Juncker.
01.09.14 @ 18:44
Some compare Tusk, the new EU Council chief, to Merkel. But unlike her, he has “given up” on Moscow, with Russia relations set to make or break his EU tenure.
01.09.14 @ 08:59
Italy's Federica Mogherini's will have to hit the ground running as EU's new foreign policy chief as the Russia conflict escalates.
News in Brief
- Cameron: 'I wouldn't be heartbroken if UK left EU'@ 17:46
- EU countries to maintain Russia sanctions@ 17:26
- Putin to visit EU-aspirant Serbia@ 13:38
- Lobbyists spend at least €99mn in EU capital@ 13:38
- Hong Kong rallies expected in European cities@ 13:37
- Malmstrom gets green light from EP trade committee@ 13:02
- Canada gives EU leaders €300,000 plane-ride home@ 10:24
- Ireland rejects EU inquiry into 'sweetheart' tax deals@ 09:25
- OpinionNew EU commissioner needs to be more active on Roma@ 17:46
- Apple's tax deal illegal, EU commission tells Ireland@ 17:45
- AnalysisCould Putin's troops 'be in Warsaw in two days'?@ 11:18
- Oettinger's digital plans focus on better infrastructure@ 10:32
- Juncker defends lobby-friendly restructuring of commission services@ 09:29
- Investor clauses could be left out of EU-US trade deal29'th @ 18:50
- AnalysisSelf-defeating Tories fighting over Europe again29'th @ 18:36
- Malmstrom rejects accusations of working with US to weaken data laws29'th @ 18:19
- Oxfam: Europe seeks to expand pharma monopoly at expense of poor people, ahead of TTIP talks
- EN.DELFI: Russian Soldiers - cheap and luckless
- EBF: Financial Integration Report highlights ongoing fragmentation
- ACCA: Evaluating the impact of IFRS in the EU
- Access: Document shows Commissioner Malmström secretly undermines data protection
- EN.DELFI: Putin forces West to choose between Ukraine and Middle East
- Swedish Enterprises: ECIPE demystifies investor-state dispute settlements in trade agreements
- Martens Centre: Building a Lifeline for Freedom - Eastern Partnership 2.0 Brussels, 07 October
- MEP Dita Charanzová: We need a new trade policy after Russian Sanctions