28.07.14 @ 18:54
Several EU institutions are to be probed on their whistlerblower rules but the European Central Bank and the European Investment Bank will escape scrutiny.
21.10.13 @ 07:49
19.02.13 @ 18:36
08.01.13 @ 09:52
04.01.13 @ 08:33
17.07.14 @ 20:55
Transparency groups are urging Jean-Claude Juncker to reject Britain’s EU commission-designate Jonathan Hopkin Hill over his ties to lobbying and lobbyists in Brussels.
17.07.14 @ 03:14
EU leaders have failed to reach an agreement on two top jobs, opting to meet again on a Saturday at the end of August.
16.07.14 @ 08:14
Italian FM Mogherini has emerged as a frontrunner for the EU foreign affairs job, but eastern member states find her too Russia-friendly.
17.07.14 @ 20:36
The European Commission has warned that it is running out of money again in the latest stand-off between the EU institutions over its unpaid bills.
16.07.14 @ 21:55
EU leaders heading into a summit to decide on top posts on Wednesday lowered expectations of a deal due to diverging views on the foreign affairs chief.
15.07.14 @ 09:31
Former Finnish PM Katainen and three other interim commissioners-to-be were grilled by MEPs before taking up their posts for four months.
14.07.14 @ 09:28
EU leaders meeting on Wednesday are likely to pick only the foreign policy chief, with a decision on the successor to Van Rompuy "possibly" delayed until autumn.
10.07.14 @ 19:24
The prospect of the next EU commission being heavily male-dominated has prompted outgoing female commissioners to take action.
08.07.14 @ 18:01
Future EU commission chief Juncker has promised the economics commissioner post to a Socialist, as part of a grand coalition-type of deal between the centre-right and centre-left ahead of a European Parliament vote on Tuesday.
03.07.14 @ 17:37
EU commission chief Barroso is to answer judges' questions at the EU court next week in a tobacco lobbying scandal which refuses to go away.
11.07.14 @ 09:30
Around a dozen member states are set to face the European Commission at the EU Court of Justice for not following the EU laws.
08.07.14 @ 20:35
Dalli's lawyers claimed Barroso bullied him out of his job instead of following proper procedure in the second and final day of an EU Court hearing in his case.
08.07.14 @ 09:28
Judges at the EU Court of Justice on Monday cross-examined the president of the European Commission in a tobacco lobby scandal which saw a commissioner leave in disgrace two years ago.
25.06.14 @ 09:24
A lost file in the European Parliament has allowed a Romanian MEP suspected of corruption to leave the assembly without any inquiry.
News in Brief
- Russian central bank to help blacklisted banks@ 14:15
- Russia to ban Polish fruit and vegetable imports@ 12:54
- EU boosts Syria aid@ 09:12
- Moldova to receive €101 million in EU funds@ 09:11
- EU government ransom money bankrolls terrorists@ 09:06
- Former Catalan president in tax evasion scandal@ 09:05
- Brussels Jewish musuem shooting suspect in Belgium@ 09:05
- Four Putin 'cronies' to be added to EU blacklist29'th @ 17:37
- US joins EU on Russia economic sanctions@ 09:28
- EU to 'scrutinise' Cameron's migrant benefits plan@ 09:15
- EU approves economic sanctions on Russia29'th @ 19:52
- Ex-Kosovo paramilitaries face war crimes indictment29'th @ 17:31
- OpinionStopping the wave of asylum seekers means fixing Libya29'th @ 16:10
- Obama, EU leaders agree on Russia sanctions29'th @ 09:28
- EU institutions to be probed on whistleblower rules28'th @ 18:54
- Denmark, Germany benefit most from EU market28'th @ 18:04
- EEAS: Statement on the downing of Malaysia Airlines flight. In memoriam of Pim de Kuijer
- IFSBH: Join our new initiative: People United for Spina Bifida and Hydrocephalus!
- ACCA: Supports a coherent EU Single Market as to the balance of competences in the UK
- EIPA: Preparing for New EPSO Competitions: Luxembourg, 08 September 2014
- EIPA: Tools for Implementation of EU Policies at National Level. Luxembourg, 22-25/ 09/ 2014
- EPHA: 5th Annual Conference 4-5 September 2014, Brussels | Register before 31st July
- Centre Maurits Coppieters: Launches a new youtube channel
- ACCA: Implementing the New European Accounting Directive: Making the right choices
- UNESDA: Impact of food taxes on public health inconclusive and contradictory as per EC study
- European Federalist Party: Juncker is the 1st elected European Commission President