08.08.14 @ 08:40
Jean-Claude Juncker is the next EU commission president. His chief of staff spoke to EUobserver about the preparations for the new commission and his boss' aversion to protocol.
21.10.13 @ 07:49
19.02.13 @ 18:36
08.01.13 @ 09:52
04.01.13 @ 08:33
01.08.14 @ 16:36
EU commission chief Jose Manuel Barroso's travel expenses in 2012 were almost three times as high as those of foreign policy chief Catherine Ashton.
17.07.14 @ 20:55
Transparency groups are urging Jean-Claude Juncker to reject Britain’s EU commission-designate Jonathan Hopkin Hill over his ties to lobbying and lobbyists in Brussels.
17.07.14 @ 03:14
EU leaders have failed to reach an agreement on two top jobs, opting to meet again on a Saturday at the end of August.
28.07.14 @ 18:54
Several EU institutions are to be probed on their whistlerblower rules but the European Central Bank and the European Investment Bank will escape scrutiny.
17.07.14 @ 20:36
The European Commission has warned that it is running out of money again in the latest stand-off between the EU institutions over its unpaid bills.
16.07.14 @ 21:55
EU leaders heading into a summit to decide on top posts on Wednesday lowered expectations of a deal due to diverging views on the foreign affairs chief.
16.07.14 @ 08:14
Italian FM Mogherini has emerged as a frontrunner for the EU foreign affairs job, but eastern member states find her too Russia-friendly.
14.07.14 @ 09:28
EU leaders meeting on Wednesday are likely to pick only the foreign policy chief, with a decision on the successor to Van Rompuy "possibly" delayed until autumn.
10.07.14 @ 19:24
The prospect of the next EU commission being heavily male-dominated has prompted outgoing female commissioners to take action.
08.07.14 @ 18:01
Future EU commission chief Juncker has promised the economics commissioner post to a Socialist, as part of a grand coalition-type of deal between the centre-right and centre-left ahead of a European Parliament vote on Tuesday.
15.07.14 @ 09:31
Former Finnish PM Katainen and three other interim commissioners-to-be were grilled by MEPs before taking up their posts for four months.
11.07.14 @ 09:30
Around a dozen member states are set to face the European Commission at the EU Court of Justice for not following the EU laws.
08.07.14 @ 20:35
Dalli's lawyers claimed Barroso bullied him out of his job instead of following proper procedure in the second and final day of an EU Court hearing in his case.
08.07.14 @ 09:28
Judges at the EU Court of Justice on Monday cross-examined the president of the European Commission in a tobacco lobby scandal which saw a commissioner leave in disgrace two years ago.
News in Brief
- IMF chief under investigation in French corruption case@ 14:56
- Socialists threaten to veto woman-poor commission@ 10:26
- Russia accuses EU commissioner of 'treacherous sacrilege'@ 10:20
- Four EU states join US in condemning Libya air strikes@ 09:30
- Austrian conservative leader quits over budget and tax reforms@ 09:29
- Strongest support for ISIS among young French@ 09:20
- Poroshenko shakes Putin's hand in Minsk26'th @ 17:41
- Putin says EU-Ukraine trade pact will cost him €2bn26'th @ 17:40
- Germany to ban EU citizens who abuse social systems@ 17:52
- Nato chief unveils new plan for eastern Europe@ 09:30
- Valls picks investment banker as France's new economy minister@ 09:29
- Italy's Mogherini still an option for EU foreign policy job@ 09:28
- FeatureThe changing face of Europe's mafia26'th @ 17:40
- Scottish separatist wins TV debate ahead of referendum26'th @ 09:30
- EU to investigate Galileo launch failure26'th @ 09:28
- Russians, Chinese keen to buy EU passports from Malta26'th @ 08:30
- Martens Centre: Register now for the event “A Changing Eastern Neighbourhood”
- Martens Centre: Register now for event on 9 Sept: Banking and Monetary Union 2014-2019
- EEA and Norway Grants: Investing in people: Annual Report 2013-2014
- EuFoA: Tension rises in Nagorno-Karabakh as ceasefire negotiations are underway
- ACCA: Supports a coherent EU Single Market as to the balance of competences in the UK
- EIPA: Preparing for New EPSO Competitions: Luxembourg, 08 September 2014
- EIPA: Tools for Implementation of EU Policies at National Level. Luxembourg, 22-25/ 09/ 2014
- EPHA: 5th Annual Conference 4-5 September 2014, Brussels
- Centre Maurits Coppieters: Launches a new youtube channel
- ACCA: Implementing the New European Accounting Directive: Making the right choices