04.03.14 @ 09:29
Artists and writers invited to ponder on how culture can counter populism and euroscepticism have warned that Europe has lost its attraction.
21.10.13 @ 07:49
19.02.13 @ 18:36
08.01.13 @ 09:52
04.01.13 @ 08:33
27.02.14 @ 09:22
A large majority of MEPs on in Strasbourg agreed to increase transparency in the committee level decision-making process.
12.02.14 @ 11:49
A handful of euro-deputies working on the joint transparency register want the EU commission to propose making it mandatory in 2016.
07.02.14 @ 18:05
A booklet describing the good works of EU commissioners is to be launched before European elections in May, according to a letter seen by this website.
17.02.14 @ 20:47
EU law should guarantee the right to water and sanitation, 1.8 million people said in the first valid EU citizens' petition.
11.02.14 @ 17:07
The EU commission is set to authorise the cultivation of a genetically modified maize crop, despite opposition from 19 countries: Critics say it showcases "absurd" EU voting rules.
06.02.14 @ 17:55
The two largest political groups in the European Parliament are currently blocking a rule that would increase voting transparency at the committee level.
03.02.14 @ 20:04
Former Eurogroup chief Juncker is emerging as the top candidate for the centre-right European People's Party in the upcoming EU elections.
22.01.14 @ 18:24
The European Court of Justice has thrown out a UK legal challenge to EU rules on short-selling.
13.01.14 @ 09:48
International lenders "held a gun to the head" of Cyprus and Portugal in bailout talks, an MEP looking into their work has said.
18.12.13 @ 20:49
Merkel has revived the idea of EU treaty change ahead of a summit in Brussels on the question of binding reform contracts.
29.01.14 @ 09:29
Four months ahead of the European Parliament elections, Germany's finance minister Wolfgang Schaeuble has laid out ideas for a eurozone parliament.
16.01.14 @ 09:58
The "troika" of international officials who oversee EU bailouts should be replaced by an EU system accountable to parliament, MEPs say.
23.12.13 @ 09:08
A Big Tobacco lawyer has stepped down from an EU commission ethics panel, but says it has nothing to do with conflict of interest.
14.12.13 @ 08:08
A treaty change or a unanimous decision from member states is needed to make the EU's joint transparency register mandatory.
News in Brief
- Juncker elected EPP's top candidate for commission presidency@ 16:01
- Ten EU countries want Ukraine mission@ 13:40
- Centre-right group adopts election manifesto@ 13:04
- Centre-right leaders say Ukraine has a shot at EU membership@ 13:03
- Russian ambassador pours scorn on EU 'freezes'@ 10:27
- Cuba accepts offer to restore EU relations@ 09:23
- Spain spends millions to keep immigrants out@ 09:23
- Erdogan threatens to ban YouTube and Facebook@ 09:22
- EU ElectionsJuncker elected centre-right's top EU candidate7'th @ 19:12
- Edward Snowden wants asylum in EU7'th @ 19:04
- OpinionOn 'doing' Ukraine7'th @ 18:38
- Centre-right leaders give Ukraine hope of EU membership7'th @ 17:56
- Stiglitz: ECB should scrap inflation targets7'th @ 09:34
- Transparency group pushes for stronger whistleblower laws7'th @ 09:28
- 'Putin will go as far as the West allows him to'7'th @ 09:19
- EU ElectionsAustrian far-right set for strong showing in EU vote7'th @ 08:58
- COFACE: and COFACE-Disability on the occasion of International Women’s Day
- Irradiare: EU workshop on biomethane – markets, value chains and applications
- Counter Balance: Take a virtual lobby tour through the heart of the EU
- EMHRN: International Women’s Day: Violence rises, impunity prevails
- EuFoA: Latest paper "EU-Armenia relations: future developments & prospects" published
- Greenpeace: EU energy ministers should get back in the saddle on climate & energy policy
- SUPERHUB: Join us at CeBIT 2014 Hannover the largest fair showcasing IT and telecom solutions
- COFACE: Less than 100 days to go to #EP2014. Need more info ? Sign up for #FamiliesVOTE2014
- EMHRN: Syrian Rights Groups to the Human Rights Council: Stop Violence against Women in Syria!
- EIPA: Efficiency and Quality of Justice Luxembourg, 27-28 March 2014