11.11.14 @ 15:57
The EU has asked an ageing academic to look into Eulex corruption allegations. But former officials want to know why it failed to convict a single "big fish" in the past five years?
31.10.14 @ 08:22
A combination of lax rules and no-questions-asked policy means that money from the European Investment Bank, the EU's longterm lending institution, is flowing to tax havens. An Egyptian case study shows how this happens.
30.04.14 @ 09:18
Former Slovene PM Jansa has been sentenced to two years in prison over a scandal involving defence contracts and a trail of corrupt money across several EU states.
31.03.14 @ 09:27
A pan-European consortium of journalists has launched a survey of migrant deaths along Europe’s borders. The numbers are staggering: since the beginning of 2000, over 23,000 people have lost their lives trying to reach Europe.
01.08.14 @ 16:36
EU commission chief Jose Manuel Barroso's travel expenses in 2012 were almost three times as high as those of foreign policy chief Catherine Ashton.
04.04.14 @ 09:29
The setting could not be less spectacular – but trialogue meetings are a central hub of the EU's law-making machine.
07.01.14 @ 09:26
A British consultancy will make millions for helping Malta to create EU citizens-on-paper, amid questions on conflict of interest and national security.
16.12.13 @ 09:23
A small club of big consultancies has a monopoly on servicing EU bailouts, posing questions on transparency and conflict of interest.
27.08.13 @ 09:08
Interpol's credibility as a crime-fighting body is at risk unless it takes action on political abuse by "rogue" states, campaigners warn.
03.10.13 @ 09:05
With accession candidate country Serbia facing EU questions on controversial state sell-offs, newly revealed documents shed light on the demise of several big Serbian employers.
24.10.13 @ 09:44
Estonia has complained to Interpol about Russia's use of the police agency to interfere in a vote in Tallinn.
18.11.13 @ 09:29
The EU's "civilian" mission in Libya is training paramilitary forces, amid wider efforts to stop Libya becoming a "failed state."
24.04.13 @ 09:45
The European Union has misspent €250 million on energy in Gaza, amid a swirl of British, Israeli, Palestinian and US business interests.
News in Brief
- Spain contributes €120mn to UN climate fund@ 17:04
- Finland legalizes same-sex marriage@ 16:44
- Moldovan PM: We don't want to join Nato@ 09:27
- Germany bows to pressure and accepts EU trade deal@ 09:09
- France to debate Palestine independence@ 09:09
- Juncker defends Luxembourg tax regime@ 09:08
- UK summons PwC tax chief to LuxLeaks hearing@ 09:05
- Rajoy: No 'generalised corruption' in Spain@ 09:04
- AgendaTusk takes over from Van Rompuy this WEEK28'th @ 17:34
- OpinionConflict minerals: EU can save lives and boost profits28'th @ 16:31
- France gets three months to tweak budget28'th @ 16:20
- EU commission proposes €141bn budget in last-minute talks28'th @ 16:01
- French and German economies must come closer, experts say28'th @ 13:18
- Cameron to unveil latest anti-EU migrant plan28'th @ 09:29
- Hollande first EU leader to visit Ebola-hit Guinea28'th @ 09:24
- France, Italy, Belgium to get extra three months on deficit and debt27'th @ 20:01
- Jan Philipp Albrecht: Digital market/Google: MEPs fail to focus consumer rights and net neutrality
- Danuta Hübner: Danuta Hübner at the first meeting of the EPP Working Group on TTiP
- Danuta Hübner: Jobs, Growth & Investment Package to succeed if mobilizes private sector
- Eva Paunova: Digital techs must be recognised as best route to growth and development
- Jan Philipp Albrecht: EU-Canada PNR scheme must have legality assessed by European Court
- Cecilia Wikström: Interview - From a priest to an MEP
- Martina Dlabajová: Still no discharge for the Council from the Budgetary Control Committee
- Jerzy Buzek: Reindustrialisation & climate targets married via research on clean coal technologies
- Michael Theurer: Dalligate II: Time to return to the facts and follow checks and balances
- Victor Negrescu: The Next Generation Innovators
- EN.DELFI: Why Russia's threat to Baltic states is so real
- Access Now: Wishing “Bon voyage” to PNR agreements in Europe
- EBF: EBF underlines need to match EFSI funds with stable economic framework
- European SchoolNet: Making competence based education a reality in schools across Europe
- CESI: Breaking Down Barriers: Towards Gender Equality at Work. Lunch debate, 11 Dec
- Counter Balance: Junker investment package shifts risks from private investors to EU taxpayers
- ThinkYoung: Join the Charity Dinner for UNICEF by ThinkYoung & Burson Marsteller to fight Ebola!
- Access Now: Save the Internet: The EU MS are about to turn their backs on Net Neutrality
- Martens Centre: Invites you to the Transatlantic Think Tank Conference on 4 Dec, register now!
- EMHRN: Day for the Elimination of Violence vs. Women: Bleak Picture for the Euro-Med Region