30.04.14 @ 09:18
Former Slovene PM Jansa has been sentenced to two years in prison over a scandal involving defence contracts and a trail of corrupt money across several EU states.
04.04.14 @ 09:29
The setting could not be less spectacular – but trialogue meetings are a central hub of the EU's law-making machine.
07.01.14 @ 09:26
A British consultancy will make millions for helping Malta to create EU citizens-on-paper, amid questions on conflict of interest and national security.
24.10.13 @ 09:44
Estonia has complained to Interpol about Russia's use of the police agency to interfere in a vote in Tallinn.
31.03.14 @ 09:27
A pan-European consortium of journalists has launched a survey of migrant deaths along Europe’s borders. The numbers are staggering: since the beginning of 2000, over 23,000 people have lost their lives trying to reach Europe.
16.12.13 @ 09:23
A small club of big consultancies has a monopoly on servicing EU bailouts, posing questions on transparency and conflict of interest.
27.08.13 @ 09:08
Interpol's credibility as a crime-fighting body is at risk unless it takes action on political abuse by "rogue" states, campaigners warn.
18.11.13 @ 09:29
The EU's "civilian" mission in Libya is training paramilitary forces, amid wider efforts to stop Libya becoming a "failed state."
24.04.13 @ 09:45
The European Union has misspent €250 million on energy in Gaza, amid a swirl of British, Israeli, Palestinian and US business interests.
03.10.13 @ 09:05
With accession candidate country Serbia facing EU questions on controversial state sell-offs, newly revealed documents shed light on the demise of several big Serbian employers.
News in Brief
- Commissioners have to be 'as flexible as fooballers'@ 17:17
- US welcomes new EU sanctions threat@ 14:15
- Lithuania gets final OK to join euro@ 13:23
- Russian oligarchs moving money out of London@ 09:35
- Netherlands in day of national mourning@ 09:04
- EU reinforces santions on Syria@ 08:59
- Italy makes arrests over migrant deaths@ 08:59
- EU set to announce weakened 2030 energy savings target@ 08:57
- Russia angst sees EU energy efficiency targets watered down@ 17:26
- Rome continues to push Italian FM to replace Ashton@ 16:02
- EU grapples with smugglers as people fleeing conflict face torture@ 09:28
- Deutsche Bank under fire in the US@ 09:16
- UK is still sending arms to Russia, say MPs@ 09:12
- AnalysisLeaked paper: EU options on 'stage three' Russia sanctions22'nd @ 20:42
- EU defends Israel's Gaza incursion22'nd @ 20:14
- OpinionGaza: ‘Burning the consciousness’22'nd @ 18:21
- IFSBH: Join our new initiative: People United for Spina Bifida and Hydrocephalus!
- ACCA: Supports a coherent EU Single Market as to the balance of competences in the UK
- EIPA: Preparing for New EPSO Competitions: Luxembourg, 08 September 2014
- EIPA: Tools for Implementation of EU Policies at National Level. Luxembourg, 22-25/ 09/ 2014
- EPHA: 5th Annual Conference 4-5 September 2014, Brussels | Register before 31st July
- Centre Maurits Coppieters: Launches a new youtube channel
- ACCA: Implementing the New European Accounting Directive: Making the right choices
- UNESDA: Impact of food taxes on public health inconclusive and contradictory as per EC study
- European Federalist Party: Juncker is the 1st elected European Commission President
- Martens Centre: Register now for event on 9 Sept: Banking and Monetary Union 2014-2019