30.04.14 @ 09:18
Former Slovene PM Jansa has been sentenced to two years in prison over a scandal involving defence contracts and a trail of corrupt money across several EU states.
04.04.14 @ 09:29
The setting could not be less spectacular – but trialogue meetings are a central hub of the EU's law-making machine.
07.01.14 @ 09:26
A British consultancy will make millions for helping Malta to create EU citizens-on-paper, amid questions on conflict of interest and national security.
24.10.13 @ 09:44
Estonia has complained to Interpol about Russia's use of the police agency to interfere in a vote in Tallinn.
31.03.14 @ 09:27
A pan-European consortium of journalists has launched a survey of migrant deaths along Europe’s borders. The numbers are staggering: since the beginning of 2000, over 23,000 people have lost their lives trying to reach Europe.
16.12.13 @ 09:23
A small club of big consultancies has a monopoly on servicing EU bailouts, posing questions on transparency and conflict of interest.
27.08.13 @ 09:08
Interpol's credibility as a crime-fighting body is at risk unless it takes action on political abuse by "rogue" states, campaigners warn.
18.11.13 @ 09:29
The EU's "civilian" mission in Libya is training paramilitary forces, amid wider efforts to stop Libya becoming a "failed state."
24.04.13 @ 09:45
The European Union has misspent €250 million on energy in Gaza, amid a swirl of British, Israeli, Palestinian and US business interests.
03.10.13 @ 09:05
With accession candidate country Serbia facing EU questions on controversial state sell-offs, newly revealed documents shed light on the demise of several big Serbian employers.
News in Brief
- IMF chief under investigation in French corruption case27'th @ 14:56
- Socialists threaten to veto woman-poor commission27'th @ 10:26
- Russia accuses EU commissioner of 'treacherous sacrilege'27'th @ 10:20
- Four EU states join US in condemning Libya air strikes27'th @ 09:30
- Austrian conservative leader quits over budget and tax reforms27'th @ 09:29
- Strongest support for ISIS among young French27'th @ 09:20
- Poroshenko shakes Putin's hand in Minsk26'th @ 17:41
- Putin says EU-Ukraine trade pact will cost him €2bn26'th @ 17:40
- Germany to ban EU citizens who abuse social systems@ 17:52
- Nato chief unveils new plan for eastern Europe@ 09:30
- Valls picks investment banker as France's new economy minister@ 09:29
- Italy's Mogherini still an option for EU foreign policy job@ 09:28
- FeatureThe changing face of Europe's mafia26'th @ 17:40
- Scottish separatist wins TV debate ahead of referendum26'th @ 09:30
- EU to investigate Galileo launch failure26'th @ 09:28
- Russians, Chinese keen to buy EU passports from Malta26'th @ 08:30
- Martens Centre: Register now for the event “A Changing Eastern Neighbourhood”
- Martens Centre: Register now for event on 9 Sept: Banking and Monetary Union 2014-2019
- EEA and Norway Grants: Investing in people: Annual Report 2013-2014
- EuFoA: Tension rises in Nagorno-Karabakh as ceasefire negotiations are underway
- ACCA: Supports a coherent EU Single Market as to the balance of competences in the UK
- EIPA: Preparing for New EPSO Competitions: Luxembourg, 08 September 2014
- EIPA: Tools for Implementation of EU Policies at National Level. Luxembourg, 22-25/ 09/ 2014
- EPHA: 5th Annual Conference 4-5 September 2014, Brussels
- Centre Maurits Coppieters: Launches a new youtube channel
- ACCA: Implementing the New European Accounting Directive: Making the right choices