01.08.14 @ 16:36
EU commission chief Jose Manuel Barroso's travel expenses in 2012 were almost three times as high as those of foreign policy chief Catherine Ashton.
30.04.14 @ 09:18
Former Slovene PM Jansa has been sentenced to two years in prison over a scandal involving defence contracts and a trail of corrupt money across several EU states.
31.03.14 @ 09:27
A pan-European consortium of journalists has launched a survey of migrant deaths along Europe’s borders. The numbers are staggering: since the beginning of 2000, over 23,000 people have lost their lives trying to reach Europe.
16.12.13 @ 09:23
A small club of big consultancies has a monopoly on servicing EU bailouts, posing questions on transparency and conflict of interest.
04.04.14 @ 09:29
The setting could not be less spectacular – but trialogue meetings are a central hub of the EU's law-making machine.
07.01.14 @ 09:26
A British consultancy will make millions for helping Malta to create EU citizens-on-paper, amid questions on conflict of interest and national security.
24.10.13 @ 09:44
Estonia has complained to Interpol about Russia's use of the police agency to interfere in a vote in Tallinn.
27.08.13 @ 09:08
Interpol's credibility as a crime-fighting body is at risk unless it takes action on political abuse by "rogue" states, campaigners warn.
03.10.13 @ 09:05
With accession candidate country Serbia facing EU questions on controversial state sell-offs, newly revealed documents shed light on the demise of several big Serbian employers.
18.11.13 @ 09:29
The EU's "civilian" mission in Libya is training paramilitary forces, amid wider efforts to stop Libya becoming a "failed state."
24.04.13 @ 09:45
The European Union has misspent €250 million on energy in Gaza, amid a swirl of British, Israeli, Palestinian and US business interests.
News in Brief
- Poland wants 'strong, active' German army@ 16:27
- EU taking Kosovo mission allegations 'seriously'@ 13:01
- Barroso not putting pressure on Kiev in gas talks, EU says@ 13:01
- Russia seeks EU-Ukraine gas payment contract@ 13:01
- Colombia and Peru pass EU criteria for visa-free access@ 09:24
- Germany's largest lender in profit loss over scandals@ 09:24
- Cameron under pressure on migrant backlogs@ 09:24
- Sweden to recognise Palestine on Thursday@ 09:23
- Oettinger stirs controversy ahead of new role as digital commissioner@ 18:29
- France denies warship delivery, as Russian bombers skirt EU airspace@ 09:57
- EU-brokered gas talks bedevilled by ‘lack of trust’@ 09:29
- EU citizens overestimate immigrant numbers, survey shows@ 09:28
- OpinionHas the EU lost the ability to enact sanctions?@ 09:28
- Spain and Netherlands among countries to buy way to green targets29'th @ 19:02
- From Borgen to Brussels: Who is the new EU competition commissioner?29'th @ 18:24
- Denmark and UK rank top in EU for doing business29'th @ 09:22
- EFA: Catalonia decides on 9N ! Support EFA campaign for democracy and freedom.
- European School Net: Italy & Europe need to boost the E-skills to tap the job creation potential of ICT
- European School Net: European government agencies & industry combine to combat bullying
- EIPA: European Union Civil Service Law, Brussels, 27-28 November 2014
- Xinhua News Agency: Winners of the WMS Global Awards for Excellence announced
- EGBA: Want to know how the EU online betting industry fights match-fixing?
- Martens Centre: Has Euromaidan Transformed the Ukrainian Political Landscape? Register now!
- EN.DELFI: Floating LNG terminal "Independence" sails into Lithuania
- EBF: Comprehensive assessment shows robust European banking sector
- Carbon Market Watch: EU leaders broker climate deal at expense of climate and tax payers