26.09.14 @ 09:29
Several hundred rescued migrants on a cruise liner in Cyprus have agreed to disembark following a tense stand off with authorities.
25.09.14 @ 08:01
Over 1,000 people were arrested in a nine-day police sweep co-ordinated by the EU’s police agency Europol earlier this month, saving 30 children in the process.
17.06.14 @ 17:40
10.06.14 @ 09:27
04.06.14 @ 09:19
07.01.14 @ 09:26
22.09.14 @ 09:54
Migrants of second or third generation residing in many European countries are in search of their identity – torn between the culture their ancestors come from and environment they grew up in.
17.09.14 @ 09:26
Palestinian people fleeing Israel’s occupation of Gaza were most of the victims in the Malta boat incident last week.
10.09.14 @ 20:32
Privacy campaigners are urging Google to respect a European court ruling on the "right to be forgotten" as the Internet giant tours European capitals to debate the issue.
22.09.14 @ 09:20
An alleged plot to carry out an attack against the European Commission headquarters in Brussels has been uncovered by authorities.
15.09.14 @ 09:29
A handful of MEPs are asking the parliament to withhold millions of euros from the EU commission to force greater transparency in the Brussels executive.
10.09.14 @ 09:24
Swedish artists are seeking to highlight the rights of refugees ahead of the country's elections on Sunday.
09.09.14 @ 18:24
Plans to restrict the EU border agency Frontex operations to an area close to the Italian coast could jeopardise lives should Italy’s Mare Nostrum be phased out.
08.09.14 @ 18:58
A special committee charged with overseeing the EU’s anti-fraud body Olaf is unhappy with a European Commission proposal to create an additional watchdog.
03.09.14 @ 18:30
The EU's new Mediterranean migrant mission will not replace Italy's 'Mare Nostrum' because it will be too small, the commission says.
28.08.14 @ 09:30
The EU is to launch a “Frontex plus” mission in autumn to help Italy on the search and rescue of Mediterranean boat migrants.
09.09.14 @ 09:27
Bavarian leader Seehofer has said Germany should introduce checks on its Austrian border to block refugees coming from Italy.
04.09.14 @ 17:38
The head of the EU police agency Europol is taking instructions from the Americans on what EU-drafted documents he can and cannot release to EU lawmakers.
02.09.14 @ 16:34
France wants to create a European coordinator to ensure member states follow through more rapidly on their asylum and border control commitments.
News in Brief
- EU urges Russia to release Lithuania fishing boat30'th @ 19:22
- New EU health chief says no to chlorinated chicken and GMOs30'th @ 17:52
- Cameron: 'I wouldn't be heartbroken if UK left EU'30'th @ 17:46
- EU countries to maintain Russia sanctions30'th @ 17:26
- Putin to visit EU-aspirant Serbia30'th @ 13:38
- Lobbyists spend at least €99mn in EU capital30'th @ 13:38
- Hong Kong rallies expected in European cities30'th @ 13:37
- Malmstrom gets green light from EP trade committee30'th @ 13:02
- New Austrian commissioner backs EU sanctions on Russia30'th @ 20:12
- EU embassies should take asylum requests, new commissioner says30'th @ 19:07
- French EU commissioner to share powers on national budgets30'th @ 17:52
- OpinionNew EU commissioner needs to be more active on Roma30'th @ 17:46
- Apple's tax deal illegal, EU commission tells Ireland30'th @ 17:45
- AnalysisCould Putin's troops 'be in Warsaw in two days'?30'th @ 11:18
- Oettinger's digital plans focus on better infrastructure30'th @ 10:32
- Juncker defends lobby-friendly restructuring of commission services30'th @ 09:29
- Oxfam: Ahead of TTIP, Europe seeks to expand pharma monopoly at expense of people
- EN.DELFI: Russian Soldiers - cheap and luckless
- EBF: Financial Integration Report highlights ongoing fragmentation
- ACCA: Evaluating the impact of IFRS in the EU
- Access: Document shows Commissioner Malmström secretly undermines data protection
- EN.DELFI: Putin forces West to choose between Ukraine and Middle East
- Swedish Enterprises: ECIPE demystifies investor-state dispute settlements in trade agreements
- Martens Centre: Building a Lifeline for Freedom - Eastern Partnership 2.0 Brussels, 07 October
- MEP Dita Charanzová: We need a new trade policy after Russian Sanctions