10.04.14 @ 09:22
The UK, Poland, and Sweden have proposed sending an EU police mission to Ukraine to build up its law enforcement bodies in the wake of February’s revolution.
09.04.14 @ 09:25
The EU's controversial data retention bill may be dead, but its principles will remain in force across Europe despite yesterday's Court ruling.
07.01.14 @ 09:26
13.02.14 @ 09:27
12.02.14 @ 10:14
11.02.14 @ 09:03
08.04.14 @ 11:31
The EU court has struck down a law on internet and phone surveillance, saying loose wording opens the door to untoward snooping.
04.04.14 @ 18:51
Despite national strategies on Roma integration, many of Europe’s most discriminated minority are still being treated as second-class citizens.
31.03.14 @ 09:27
A pan-European consortium of journalists has launched a survey of migrant deaths along Europe’s borders. The numbers are staggering: since the beginning of 2000, over 23,000 people have lost their lives trying to reach Europe.
08.04.14 @ 09:29
Hate crimes and violence against the EU’s largest minority are on the rise, according to an Amnesty International report.
03.04.14 @ 18:54
The EU formally agreed to lift visa restrictions on Moldova, allowing its citizens to travel throughout the Schengen passport-free area.
01.04.14 @ 09:32
When a valve is shut down, be it along the Senegal coast or at the wall between Morocco and Spain, a new migration path opens up.
25.03.14 @ 19:08
The annual budget of organised crime in Italy is bigger than that of the EU, with most of the money spent outside Italy, the country's foreign ministry says.
19.03.14 @ 09:18
The EU commission’s much-awaited “rule of law mechanism” needs some improvements if it is to bring about real results.
13.03.14 @ 09:38
EU lawmakers are a step closer to setting up a EU-wide public prosecutor after MEPs backed the European Commission's proposal.
12.03.14 @ 09:29
The European Commission has announced a new measure to challenge member states in breach of EU rule of law.
25.03.14 @ 09:29
The EU received a total of 435,000 asylum applications last year, 100,000 more compared to 2012.
17.03.14 @ 20:26
The European Commission presented its second annual justice scoreboard but not all member states like the idea.
13.03.14 @ 08:58
Frustrated MEPs want the EU to scrap data protection agreements with the US as they mount pressure on the member states to start negotiations on the EU data protection reforms.
News in Brief
- Court clears Anglo-Irish boss17'th @ 09:26
- Juncker wants politicians in EU commission, not bureaucrats17'th @ 09:26
- Nato increases military presence in eastern Europe17'th @ 09:26
- EU and Switzerland edging closer to free movement deal17'th @ 09:25
- MEPs back cross-border pension rights16'th @ 10:01
- Industry wary of new EU rules on lorry design16'th @ 10:01
- Ukip leader 'taking legal advice' on expenses allegations16'th @ 10:00
- French MEP recalls trips to see porn films16'th @ 10:00
- Pro-Russia separatists reject EU and US-brokered pact18'th @ 17:22
- Russia and China forge closer ties, as EU explores sanctions17'th @ 09:29
- Europe faces worst human rights 'crisis' in decades17'th @ 09:29
- MEPs upset over Schulz's double role as president and candidate17'th @ 09:25
- EU countries to boost defence budgets in light of Ukraine16'th @ 09:29
- EU parliament gives final nod to banking union16'th @ 09:21
- EU ElectionsGerman centre-right election posters show Merkel, not Juncker16'th @ 09:15
- Regional unemployment highest in Spain16'th @ 09:14
- ACCA: European Parliament backs non financial reporting deals
- CESI: TTIP: Fears of the Unknown, Registration for CESI@noon lunch debate on Mon 28th April
- ThinkYoung: We want to listen your opinion on youth unemployment & skills mismatch
- EIPA: Summer School on EU law & its Implementation, Luxembourg, 30/06 until 11/07
- EIPA: The Infringement Procedure under Articles 258 & 260 TFEU - Luxembourg 19-20/06/14
- ACCA: New rules to improve shareholder engagement and corporate governance reporting
- European Youth Forum: Open letter to EU bodies, MS and CoE on the situation in Ukraine
- Oxfam: European overseas aid slightly increases but lags behind global trend
- EUA: Changing Landscapes in Learning and Teaching’: Report from the Annual Conference
- Regione Puglia: Capacity building course for regional officers on EU decision-making: 7-11/04