18.12.14 @ 18:36
A draft agreement on how to get the EU to accede to the European convention of human rights is not compatible with EU law, says the bloc's top court.
18.12.14 @ 10:33
Top EU judges in Luxembourg on Thursday ruled obesity can be considered a disability whenever it impacts on work performance.
16.12.14 @ 10:45
16.12.14 @ 10:39
24.11.14 @ 20:10
19.11.14 @ 18:13
17.12.14 @ 18:48
Pressure is mounting for member states accused of hosting CIA rendition and torture camps to be held accountable for their role.
14.12.14 @ 11:38
Most Europeans believe that migrant workers from other EU countries have been bad for their country and would like to restrict freedom of movement, a new opinion poll suggests.
11.12.14 @ 17:23
The European Commission is imposing gag orders on MEPs and preventing journalists access to discussions at the parliament’s civil liberties committee.
15.12.14 @ 20:20
EU states are trying to stop the general public from finding out who really owns what in Europe’s offshore firms, trusts, foundations, and other opaque structures.
11.12.14 @ 18:46
The European Commission is set to scrap its maternity leave proposal and announce new strategies on migration and security.
10.12.14 @ 18:41
The EU’s intelligence-sharing bureau, IntCen, has no way of checking if its information was obtained using torture, its chief has said in light of the US Senate report.
09.12.14 @ 18:16
A handful of MEPs are setting up a group in the European Parliament to tackle crime, corruption and transparency at the EU institutions and across Europe.
04.12.14 @ 21:59
Member states on Thursday (4 December) reached a broad consensus on a key area of the EU’s reformed data protection bill but some problems remain for the next EU presidency to resolve.
01.12.14 @ 18:11
More migrants are heading to Germany than any other wealthy country except the US, according to the Paris-based Organisation for Economic Co-operation and Development.
28.11.14 @ 09:29
Under-siege British leader Cameron is to deliver a speech laced with even more ideas on how to keep EU migrants at bay.
08.12.14 @ 09:29
The EU is turning to African dictators to help counter a multitude of threats as it steps up efforts to tighten border controls and renew counter-terrorism initiatives.
04.12.14 @ 09:27
Italian police on Wednesday uncovered a mafia network in Rome said to have extorted millions of euros from programmes designed to help the city’s most vulnerable.
01.12.14 @ 09:26
Switzerland has rejected a plan to cut net immigration to no more than 0.2 percent of the population, following a referendum on Sunday.
News in Brief
- Bribery allegations mar Greek presidential vote19'th @ 14:14
- Russia seeks to jail top anti-corruption activist for 10 years19'th @ 14:13
- IMF holds back tranche for Cyprus19'th @ 09:04
- Tsipras wants to 'cancel austerity' if elected19'th @ 09:03
- Poroshenko calls on parliament to adopt bill on joining Nato19'th @ 09:03
- Italian president to step down19'th @ 09:03
- Poland warns of veto on UK migrant benefits cuts plan19'th @ 09:02
- Dutch coalition saved by deal on health bill19'th @ 01:27
- Tusk praised for 'short, concise' EU summit19'th @ 16:49
- Thousands protest in Brussels against EU-US trade ageement19'th @ 16:45
- Luxembourg caves in to EU tax listing demands19'th @ 09:01
- Merkel: EU strategy is to maintain Russia sanctions19'th @ 01:36
- TTIP by end of 2015, EU leaders pledge19'th @ 01:34
- EU leaders want 'urgent' action on investment fund18'th @ 22:29
- OpinionEU-Turkey ties will survive war of words18'th @ 21:07
- Court crushes EU plan to join human rights convention18'th @ 18:36
- Jan Philipp Albrecht: Study on Data Retention after the Judgement of the Court of Justice of the European Union
- Cecilia Wikström: EU Governments must come clean on CIA torture programme
- Tonino Picula: Georgia needs support of the European Union today!
- Michael Theurer: Noch mehr Schulden sind nicht der Ausweg aus der Schuldenfalle!
- Eva Paunova: Granted JA-YE and AmCham EU Youth Entrepreneurship Award
- Tonino Picula: The youngest European state deserves future in EU, I said to FMA after visiting Kosovo
- Eva Paunova: Meets US Chief negotiator on TTIP during diplomatic visit in Washington DC
- Jerzy Buzek: Congratulations to the town Kisielice for winning the EU 2014 ManagEnergy Award
- Victor Negrescu: S&D40 members meeting with the leader of the S&D Group, Gianni Pitella
- Jan Philipp Albrecht: Digital market/Google: MEPs fail to focus consumer rights and net neutrality
- Access Now: U.S. pushing to undermine net neutrality & privacy in major trade agreements
- Carbon Market Watch: Carbon offsets from Alberta’s tar sands jeopardize EU fuel rules
- Counter Balance: Juncker's investment offensive targets dodgy projects, new stories everyday
- EBF: Downward trend in bank robberies continues
- EBF: Adoption of fourth EU Anti-Money Laundering Directive
- COFACE: News - December 2014
- Oxfam: EU executives’ fixation with private sector compromises commitment to poor people
- Martens Centre: 5 reasons why the end of South Stream should mark the start of Energy Union
- Dialogue Platform: Calls for release of journalists detained in Turkey
- EMHRN: Egypt: Const. Committee Testify to Baselessness of Charges in Shura Council Case