29.10.14 @ 09:21
The EU commission Tuesday lashed out at Hungary’s proposal to introduce the world’s first Internet tax, while 100,000 people took to the Budapest streets in protest.
28.10.14 @ 18:17
The EU’s border agency has received more offers of equipment than it needs as it starts its migrant surveillance operation in the Mediterranean. Meanwhile, Italy has indicated its naval search and rescue operation will continue.
17.06.14 @ 17:40
10.06.14 @ 09:27
04.06.14 @ 09:19
07.01.14 @ 09:26
27.10.14 @ 09:29
Up to 10,000 people rallied in Budapest on Sunday in protest of Orban’s government plan to roll out the world’s first ‘internet tax’.
22.10.14 @ 17:59
The European Parliament on Wednesday punched a €3.8 million hole in the EU commission 2015 budget as leverage until the Brussels-executive improves its transparency record.
20.10.14 @ 17:56
Two French corporate lawyers working for American firms and a high-ranking EU official are vying to replace Peter Hustinx as the next European data protection supervisor.
23.10.14 @ 09:34
Ukrainians obtained more EU first residence permits last year than any other nationality, according to the EU’s statistical office, Eurostat.
21.10.14 @ 18:08
Asylum seekers in Italy and Greece are a step closer of having their rights vindicated following a verdict on Tuesday at the European Court of Human Rights.
20.10.14 @ 09:27
The EU has registered 30,146 victims of human trafficking from 2010 to 2012, including 1,000 children sold for sex.
14.10.14 @ 09:22
A two-week, massive EU-wide border control and police crackdown on irregular migrants was launched on Monday by the Italian EU presidency.
10.10.14 @ 09:02
The EU is planning to step up border checks and internal surveillance to counter a potential surge in returning jihadist fighters after US-led air strikes in Iraq and Syria.
08.10.14 @ 18:07
A defiant Conchita Wurst on Wednesday challenged homophobic politicians and governments opposed to same-sex marriage to overcome their fears.
06.10.14 @ 09:31
Catalonia’s new anti-homophobe legislation could see offenders fined up to €14,000 for attacks carried out against lesbians, gays, bisexuals and transsexuals (LGTB).
10.10.14 @ 18:40
Justice ministers are struggling to balance the right to freedom of expression and the right to be forgotten in the EU’s data protection reform bill.
09.10.14 @ 14:59
Senior officials from Google, Facebook, Twitter, and Microsoft met with EU interior ministers and officials at a dinner in Luxembourg on how to counter jihadist propaganda.
06.10.14 @ 17:30
The European Commission may seek to suspend the UK's voting rights at the EU level should it withdraw from the European convention of human rights.
News in Brief
- Poland wants 'strong, active' German army@ 16:27
- EU taking Kosovo mission allegations 'seriously'@ 13:01
- Barroso not putting pressure on Kiev in gas talks, EU says@ 13:01
- Russia seeks EU-Ukraine gas payment contract@ 13:01
- Colombia and Peru pass EU criteria for visa-free access@ 09:24
- Germany's largest lender in profit loss over scandals@ 09:24
- Cameron under pressure on migrant backlogs@ 09:24
- Sweden to recognise Palestine on Thursday@ 09:23
- EU mission in Kosovo rocked by corruption allegations@ 19:27
- Oettinger stirs controversy ahead of new role as digital commissioner@ 18:29
- France denies warship delivery, as Russian bombers skirt EU airspace@ 09:57
- EU-brokered gas talks bedevilled by ‘lack of trust’@ 09:29
- EU citizens overestimate immigrant numbers, survey shows@ 09:28
- OpinionHas the EU lost the ability to enact sanctions?@ 09:28
- Spain and Netherlands among countries to buy way to green targets29'th @ 19:02
- From Borgen to Brussels: Who is the new EU competition commissioner?29'th @ 18:24
Members of the European Parliament held an emergency meeting earlier in October to discuss the better integration of Europe's most vulnerable minority - the Roma.
- European Jewish Congress: Sweden recognition of Palestinian State merely adds fuel to already enflamed Middle East
- EFA: Catalonia decides on 9N ! Support EFA campaign for democracy and freedom.
- European School Net: Europe needs to boost the E-skills to tap the job creation potential of ICT
- European School Net: European government agencies & industry combine to combat bullying
- EIPA: European Union Civil Service Law, Brussels, 27-28 November 2014
- Xinhua News Agency: Winners of the WMS Global Awards for Excellence announced
- EGBA: Want to know how the EU online betting industry fights match-fixing?
- Martens Centre: Has Euromaidan Transformed the Ukrainian Political Landscape? Register now!
- EN.DELFI: Floating LNG terminal "Independence" sails into Lithuania
- EBF: Comprehensive assessment shows robust European banking sector