30.07.14 @ 09:15
The British government has announced it will tighten benefits to unemployed migrants from the EU in plans that the European Commission has said it will examine closely.
28.07.14 @ 18:54
Several EU institutions are to be probed on their whistlerblower rules but the European Central Bank and the European Investment Bank will escape scrutiny.
17.06.14 @ 17:40
10.06.14 @ 09:27
04.06.14 @ 09:19
07.01.14 @ 09:26
24.07.14 @ 16:28
A European rights court Thursday found that Poland allowed the CIA to operate a secret rendition and interrogation camp at its Stare Kiejkuty military base and did nothing to stop it.
23.07.14 @ 09:28
The EU wants to set up a legal channels to prevent Syrians from turning to smugglers to get to European Union territory - but can it deal with the thousands already trying to reach its shores.
16.07.14 @ 20:47
A Finnish citizen who wanted the state to recognise her new gender after surgery and remain legally married to a woman at the same time has lost her case at the European Court of Human Rights.
24.07.14 @ 08:47
A decision by the EU court to scrap a controversial data retention directive may have implications for existing international data agreements and EU proposals under review.
22.07.14 @ 09:28
Paris has reportedly authorised a demonstration in support for Gaza on Wednesday after two government-banned protests over the weekend turned violent.
10.07.14 @ 09:28
Sweden has opted out of Belgium’s new counter-terrorism scheme amid internal debate on the merits of the plan.
09.07.14 @ 09:30
Ministers from eight member states have adopted confidential plans to counter Syria-bound EU national fighters.
07.07.14 @ 09:23
As Italy takes over the EU presidency, Prime Minister Matteo Renzi is under strong pressure to win some support from other states on migration.
25.06.14 @ 18:07
The US has announced plans to extend the same rights as Americans onto EU citizens whose data has been breached or misused in the US.
20.06.14 @ 09:41
Files leaked to Danish media suggest some EU states are allowing US spies to install equipment on cables to intercept emails, private phone calls, and Internet chats.
07.07.14 @ 20:40
The Russia-Ukraine conflict has prompted more than 2,000 Ukrainians to apply for asylum in the EU since March.
04.07.14 @ 09:26
Google has removed over 70,000 links amid accusations it is trying to promote critical reactions to a EU court ruling by targeting major media outlets.
20.06.14 @ 17:15
Any EU-level judgement on a case filed against Facebook for its alleged involvement in helping the Americans snoop on millions of people is likely to take over a year.
News in Brief
- Human rights court fines Russia €1.8bn@ 10:37
- Sweden nominates Malmstrom for commissioner post@ 10:36
- Nato unprepared for Russia threat@ 09:13
- Juncker considers creating financial services post@ 09:13
- Portuguese bank reports €3.6bn loss@ 09:13
- Hungary nominates foreign minister for commissioner post30'th @ 19:22
- Nato: Over 12,000 Russian troops on Ukraine border30'th @ 18:30
- Russian central bank to help blacklisted banks30'th @ 14:15
- Russia ordered to pay €1.8bn by human rights court@ 17:22
- New EU commission risks delay over gender issue@ 15:25
- Israeli attack on school in Gaza is 'outrageous', says UN@ 09:30
- Russia threatens Europe with higher energy prices@ 09:04
- EU blacklists three Putin 'cronies'30'th @ 21:59
- Ebola risk in Europe 'extremely low'30'th @ 19:17
- US joins EU on Russia economic sanctions30'th @ 09:28
- EU to 'scrutinise' Cameron's migrant benefits plan30'th @ 09:15
- EEAS: Statement on the downing of Malaysia Airlines flight. In memoriam of Pim de Kuijer
- IFSBH: Join our new initiative: People United for Spina Bifida and Hydrocephalus!
- ACCA: Supports a coherent EU Single Market as to the balance of competences in the UK
- EIPA: Preparing for New EPSO Competitions: Luxembourg, 08 September 2014
- EIPA: Tools for Implementation of EU Policies at National Level. Luxembourg, 22-25/ 09/ 2014
- EPHA: 5th Annual Conference 4-5 September 2014, Brussels | Register before 31st July
- Centre Maurits Coppieters: Launches a new youtube channel
- ACCA: Implementing the New European Accounting Directive: Making the right choices
- UNESDA: Impact of food taxes on public health inconclusive and contradictory as per EC study
- European Federalist Party: Juncker is the 1st elected European Commission President