20.10.14 @ 17:56
Two French corporate lawyers working for American firms and a high-ranking EU official are vying to replace Peter Hustinx as the next European data protection supervisor.
20.10.14 @ 09:27
The EU has registered 30,146 victims of human trafficking from 2010 to 2012, including 1,000 children sold for sex.
17.06.14 @ 17:40
10.06.14 @ 09:27
04.06.14 @ 09:19
07.01.14 @ 09:26
14.10.14 @ 09:22
A two-week, massive EU-wide border control and police crackdown on irregular migrants was launched on Monday by the Italian EU presidency.
10.10.14 @ 09:02
The EU is planning to step up border checks and internal surveillance to counter a potential surge in returning jihadist fighters after US-led air strikes in Iraq and Syria.
08.10.14 @ 18:07
A defiant Conchita Wurst on Wednesday challenged homophobic politicians and governments opposed to same-sex marriage to overcome their fears.
10.10.14 @ 18:40
Justice ministers are struggling to balance the right to freedom of expression and the right to be forgotten in the EU’s data protection reform bill.
09.10.14 @ 14:59
Senior officials from Google, Facebook, Twitter, and Microsoft met with EU interior ministers and officials at a dinner in Luxembourg on how to counter jihadist propaganda.
06.10.14 @ 17:30
The European Commission may seek to suspend the UK's voting rights at the EU level should it withdraw from the European convention of human rights.
06.10.14 @ 09:31
Catalonia’s new anti-homophobe legislation could see offenders fined up to €14,000 for attacks carried out against lesbians, gays, bisexuals and transsexuals (LGTB).
25.09.14 @ 08:01
Over 1,000 people were arrested in a nine-day police sweep co-ordinated by the EU’s police agency Europol earlier this month, saving 30 children in the process.
22.09.14 @ 09:20
An alleged plot to carry out an attack against the European Commission headquarters in Brussels has been uncovered by authorities.
15.09.14 @ 09:29
A handful of MEPs are asking the parliament to withhold millions of euros from the EU commission to force greater transparency in the Brussels executive.
26.09.14 @ 09:29
Several hundred rescued migrants on a cruise liner in Cyprus have agreed to disembark following a tense stand off with authorities.
22.09.14 @ 09:54
Migrants of second or third generation residing in many European countries are in search of their identity – torn between the culture their ancestors come from and environment they grew up in.
17.09.14 @ 09:26
Palestinian people fleeing Israel’s occupation of Gaza were most of the victims in the Malta boat incident last week.
News in Brief
- Former Polish FM under fire over Ukraine remarks21'st @ 19:52
- Congolese doctor wins EU rights prize21'st @ 18:51
- Police unions reaffirm strike during Brussels summit21'st @ 15:00
- Belarus leader stole $10bn from own people21'st @ 12:45
- Sefcovic gets green light, Liberals target Hungarian nominee21'st @ 12:17
- European business chief killed in Moscow incident21'st @ 12:04
- US slaps entry ban on Hungarian officials21'st @ 09:26
- France and Germany in 'secret' budget deal21'st @ 08:49
- Culture MEPs rebel against Juncker21'st @ 19:44
- Greece fined for violating asylum seekers' rights21'st @ 18:08
- New accounting rules save EU deficit21'st @ 18:01
- Barroso bows out before MEPs21'st @ 17:48
- EU to uphold Russia sanctions21'st @ 09:29
- Fire-walking EU commissioner clears path for Juncker21'st @ 09:28
- FocusHealth experts wary of commission reshuffle21'st @ 09:09
- Far-right Polish MEP saves Farage group20'th @ 19:42
- Oxfam: Bolder EU response needed to help stop Ebola spiralling out of control
- CESI: Ebola requires action: CESI demands full protection of healthcare workers at risk
- EGBA: Want to know how the EU online betting industry fights match-fixing?
- Access Now: Commissioners hearings: The many faces of Digital in the new Commission
- CESI: Taxation at the heart of the crisis, CESI Europe Academy discusses #TaxinEU
- Oxfam: EU needs to do more to stop the spread of Ebola
- EPSU: Ebola outbreak in West Africa - Health Workers in the frontline need our support
- EuFoA: First Nagorno-Karabakh Group announced in the European Parliament
- Oxfam: Four solutions to economic inequality
- Swedish Enterprises: Transatlantic Trade and Investment Partnership – what, how and why?