19.11.14 @ 18:41
The EU's new migration chief, Greek politician Dimitris Avramopoulos, wants to create a European system of border guards.
19.11.14 @ 09:29
Britain's left-wing opposition party, Labour, has announced plans to crack down on EU migrants amid a heated debate across the political spectrum.
19.11.14 @ 18:13
17.06.14 @ 17:40
10.06.14 @ 09:27
04.06.14 @ 09:19
13.11.14 @ 09:22
Tax havens in places like Luxembourg are zapping billions of euros from the coffers of developing countries and forcing weak governments to rely on dwindling international development aid, experts say.
11.11.14 @ 17:55
Attempts to finalise the EU-wide passenger name records bill by the end of year seems unlikely, given top MEPs' divided views on its conformity with a recent Luxembourg verdict.
11.11.14 @ 11:59
EU citizens who move to another member state "solely in order to obtain social assistance" may be excluded from social benefits schemes, the EU's top court has ruled.
12.11.14 @ 12:33
Military personnel may claim asylum in the EU if they consider themselves to be at risk of prosecution or punishment for refusal to perform military service, according to an opinion by the EU's top court.
11.11.14 @ 15:57
The EU has asked an ageing academic to look into Eulex corruption allegations. But former officials want to know why it failed to convict a single "big fish" in the past five years?
10.11.14 @ 09:30
UK MPs are set to sign up to a package of 35 EU justice laws including the controversial European Arrest Warrant on Monday.
05.11.14 @ 18:58
A handful of MEPs are accusing EU officials of scare-mongering the threat of foreign-fighters to push through security policies and agreements on passenger name records (PNR).
30.10.14 @ 19:27
The EU’s rule of law mission in Kosovo is fighting to maintain credibility after allegations of bribe-taking and attempts to gag press.
29.10.14 @ 09:21
The EU commission Tuesday lashed out at Hungary’s proposal to introduce the world’s first Internet tax, while 100,000 people took to the Budapest streets in protest.
27.10.14 @ 09:29
Up to 10,000 people rallied in Budapest on Sunday in protest of Orban’s government plan to roll out the world’s first ‘internet tax’.
03.11.14 @ 09:29
Merkel would prefer the UK to leave the EU than have Downing Street limit the free movement of people, according to German media.
30.10.14 @ 18:29
Recent statements by the next EU digital commissioner Gunther Oettinger on imposing a special tax on Google has drawn carefully worded criticism from within the current EU commission.
28.10.14 @ 18:17
The EU’s border agency has received more offers of equipment than it needs as it starts its migrant surveillance operation in the Mediterranean. Meanwhile, Italy has indicated its naval search and rescue operation will continue.
News in Brief
- Third bird flu case in the Netherlands@ 16:26
- British Green party backs in/out EU referendum@ 15:08
- UK shelves EU bank bonus challenge@ 15:08
- Italian PM in Strasbourg next week@ 13:49
- Entire commission to be present for Juncker censure@ 13:05
- Orban: Hungary won't sacrifice economy over EU-Russia sanctions@ 09:29
- German EU commissioner doubts French reform drive@ 09:27
- Nato deployed jets 400 times in 2014@ 09:23
- Netherlands to pay EU top-up bill this year@ 16:34
- AgendaEU investment fund to be unveiled this WEEK@ 16:19
- AnalysisRomania's Obama moment@ 12:00
- Dutch had euro-exit plan at height of crisis@ 09:53
- One year after Euromaidan: 13 people dying every day@ 09:29
- Ukip claims second election triumph, piles pressure on Cameron@ 09:26
- EU commission will use LuxLeaks for new cases20'th @ 19:08
- OpinionFor Europe, Iran is more than the nuclear problem20'th @ 18:45
- Victor Negrescu: The Next Generation Innovators
- Jerzy Buzek: Reindustrialisation & climate targets married via research on clean coal technologies
- Eva Paunova: Dinner debate on the digital single market – successes and challenges
- Martina Dlabajová: Still no discharge for the Council from the Budgetary Control Committee
- Michael Theurer: Dalligate II: Time to return to the facts and follow checks and balances
- Jan Philip Albrecht: Study on Data Retention after the Judgement of the Court of Justice of the EU
- Cecilia Wikström: Music video with her reflections regarding imprisoned journalist Dawit Isaak
- Danuta Hübner: Awarded with The Legion of Honour for her contribution to EU integration
- Caritas Europa: Europe 2020 will not deliver if dominated by economic drivers
- China EU Mission: Ambassador Yang Yanyi: Asia-Pacific Cooperation Presents Opportunities for Europe
- PlasticsEurope: Agreement on plastic bags: concern about negative effects on Internal Market
- EGTA: TV industry unites for United Nations "World Television Day"
- Red Cross: Conference: Promoting Humanitarian Approach in the EU Migration Agenda
- World Vision: Where are the rights you promised us ?
- ACCA: 5th edition of the Ethics in Finance - Robin Cosgrove Prize, 28 January 2015, Brussels
- EPSU: LuxLeaks reveal something is rotten at the heart of Europe
- EJC: After massacre in Jerusalem, EJC calls to condition aid to Palestinians on stop incitement
- SUPERHUB: Main event: Smart Mobility in changing cities (Milan 26/11/2014)