17.09.14 @ 09:26
Palestinian people fleeing Israel’s occupation of Gaza were most of the victims in the Malta boat incident last week.
15.09.14 @ 09:29
A handful of MEPs are asking the parliament to withhold millions of euros from the EU commission to force greater transparency in the Brussels executive.
17.06.14 @ 17:40
10.06.14 @ 09:27
04.06.14 @ 09:19
07.01.14 @ 09:26
10.09.14 @ 20:32
Privacy campaigners are urging Google to respect a European court ruling on the "right to be forgotten" as the Internet giant tours European capitals to debate the issue.
09.09.14 @ 18:24
Plans to restrict the EU border agency Frontex operations to an area close to the Italian coast could jeopardise lives should Italy’s Mare Nostrum be phased out.
08.09.14 @ 18:58
A special committee charged with overseeing the EU’s anti-fraud body Olaf is unhappy with a European Commission proposal to create an additional watchdog.
10.09.14 @ 09:24
Swedish artists are seeking to highlight the rights of refugees ahead of the country's elections on Sunday.
09.09.14 @ 09:27
Bavarian leader Seehofer has said Germany should introduce checks on its Austrian border to block refugees coming from Italy.
04.09.14 @ 17:38
The head of the EU police agency Europol is taking instructions from the Americans on what EU-drafted documents he can and cannot release to EU lawmakers.
03.09.14 @ 18:30
The EU's new Mediterranean migrant mission will not replace Italy's 'Mare Nostrum' because it will be too small, the commission says.
28.08.14 @ 09:30
The EU is to launch a “Frontex plus” mission in autumn to help Italy on the search and rescue of Mediterranean boat migrants.
26.08.14 @ 08:30
Russians, Chinese, and people from the Middle East have shown the most interest in Malta's sale of EU passports so far.
19.08.14 @ 09:30
The EU’s justice commissioner has accused internet giant Google of leading a campaign to shoot down data protection reforms.
02.09.14 @ 16:34
France wants to create a European coordinator to ensure member states follow through more rapidly on their asylum and border control commitments.
26.08.14 @ 17:40
The landscape of European organised crime is “completely changing”, says the director of Europe's leading research institute into organised crime groups.
25.08.14 @ 09:29
The EU’s border mission for Libya remains parked in Tunisia, as deteriorating security conditions put migrants at greater risk.
News in Brief
- EU and Russia to hold new gas talks19'th @ 21:08
- Scottish leader Salmond to resign19'th @ 19:29
- Catalonia sticks to referendum plan after Scottish No19'th @ 13:28
- EU's 'Eastern Partnership' ministers stepping aside19'th @ 11:13
- EU welcomes Scottish vote outcome19'th @ 10:52
- Russian jets violate Swedish airspace19'th @ 09:59
- Russia complains of Lithuania 'provocations'19'th @ 09:59
- Stop TTIP announces court-case against EU commission19'th @ 09:29
- Catalonia to press ahead with referendum after Scottish No19'th @ 16:06
- OpinionScotland's referendum - nothing and everything changes19'th @ 15:04
- Cameron promises more devolution across UK19'th @ 09:32
- Ukraine says Europe at risk of 'terrible war'19'th @ 09:30
- Scotland chooses to stay in UK19'th @ 07:10
- Voting under way in Scottish independence referendum18'th @ 09:29
- Finnish PM faces backlash over Russia nuclear plant18'th @ 09:28
- OpinionEU asylum and war criminals: No place to hide18'th @ 08:50
- MEP Dita Charanzová: Hearing on EU-Russia Sanctions: Need for a new Trade Policy? 24 Sept - 13h00 P1A002
- EMHRN: UN Commission on Syria recognises dangers facing human rights defenders
- EU-ASE: Business leaders push the Danish Government for ambitious energy savings
- Oxfam: Back to school
- CESI: Event: Working Time Directive – new term, new impetus? 25 September 2014, 1pm-3pm
- Martens Centre: Economic Ideas Forum 2014, 16-17 Oct in Bratislava, register now!
- EBF: Tax Conference to review G20 talks on Automatic Exchange
- EuFoA: Basque Parliament recognizes Nagorno-Karabakh self-determination
- Europeche: EU fishing sector demands responsible and committed future Commissioner
- Eurocommerce: ECJ judgment on MasterCard: a great victory for EU consumers & retailers