23.10.14 @ 09:34
Ukrainians obtained more EU first residence permits last year than any other nationality, according to the EU’s statistical office, Eurostat.
22.10.14 @ 17:59
The European Parliament on Wednesday punched a €3.8 million hole in the EU commission 2015 budget as leverage until the Brussels-executive improves its transparency record.
17.06.14 @ 17:40
10.06.14 @ 09:27
04.06.14 @ 09:19
07.01.14 @ 09:26
21.10.14 @ 18:08
Asylum seekers in Italy and Greece are a step closer of having their rights vindicated following a verdict on Tuesday at the European Court of Human Rights.
20.10.14 @ 09:27
The EU has registered 30,146 victims of human trafficking from 2010 to 2012, including 1,000 children sold for sex.
10.10.14 @ 18:40
Justice ministers are struggling to balance the right to freedom of expression and the right to be forgotten in the EU’s data protection reform bill.
20.10.14 @ 17:56
Two French corporate lawyers working for American firms and a high-ranking EU official are vying to replace Peter Hustinx as the next European data protection supervisor.
14.10.14 @ 09:22
A two-week, massive EU-wide border control and police crackdown on irregular migrants was launched on Monday by the Italian EU presidency.
10.10.14 @ 09:02
The EU is planning to step up border checks and internal surveillance to counter a potential surge in returning jihadist fighters after US-led air strikes in Iraq and Syria.
09.10.14 @ 14:59
Senior officials from Google, Facebook, Twitter, and Microsoft met with EU interior ministers and officials at a dinner in Luxembourg on how to counter jihadist propaganda.
06.10.14 @ 17:30
The European Commission may seek to suspend the UK's voting rights at the EU level should it withdraw from the European convention of human rights.
26.09.14 @ 09:29
Several hundred rescued migrants on a cruise liner in Cyprus have agreed to disembark following a tense stand off with authorities.
22.09.14 @ 09:54
Migrants of second or third generation residing in many European countries are in search of their identity – torn between the culture their ancestors come from and environment they grew up in.
08.10.14 @ 18:07
A defiant Conchita Wurst on Wednesday challenged homophobic politicians and governments opposed to same-sex marriage to overcome their fears.
06.10.14 @ 09:31
Catalonia’s new anti-homophobe legislation could see offenders fined up to €14,000 for attacks carried out against lesbians, gays, bisexuals and transsexuals (LGTB).
25.09.14 @ 08:01
Over 1,000 people were arrested in a nine-day police sweep co-ordinated by the EU’s police agency Europol earlier this month, saving 30 children in the process.
News in Brief
- Ice-cold relations inside the ECB: report@ 09:01
- Soros: EU has lost its way@ 09:00
- European bank stress tests to reveal small problems: report@ 08:59
- Beer and wine fuelled EU climate deal@ 08:57
- No comment from Barroso on extra €2 billion from UK@ 03:32
- Van Rompuy: EU deal reached on climate targets@ 01:08
- Poorer EU states to get pollution permits until 2030@ 01:00
- EU money to pay for Baltic, Iberian electricity connectors@ 00:53
- Cyprus seeks harsh EU statement on Turkey@ 09:29
- Renzi stirs up EU row ahead of eurozone meeting@ 09:27
- EU leaders reach 2030 deal on climate and energy@ 03:59
- Merkel criticises Putin for broken promise on Ukraine@ 03:59
- Putin's pipeline drives wedge between EU and Balkan hopefuls@ 00:37
- EU leaders mull climate u-turn if international talks fail23'rd @ 21:41
- Barroso clashes with Italy over published budget warning23'rd @ 15:32
- Poll shows UK support for EU at 20-year high23'rd @ 13:38
Members of the European Parliament held an emergency meeting earlier in October to discuss the better integration of Europe's most vulnerable minority - the Roma.
- Counter Balance: Thousands urge the EU Commission to ditch biodiversity offsetting
- Oxfam: Bolder EU response needed to help stop Ebola spiralling out of control
- CESI: Ebola requires action: CESI demands full protection of healthcare workers at risk
- EGBA: Want to know how the EU online betting industry fights match-fixing?
- Access Now: Commissioners hearings: The many faces of Digital in the new Commission
- CESI: Taxation at the heart of the crisis, CESI Europe Academy discusses #TaxinEU
- Oxfam: EU needs to do more to stop the spread of Ebola
- EPSU: Ebola outbreak in West Africa - Health Workers in the frontline need our support
- EuFoA: First Nagorno-Karabakh Group announced in the European Parliament
- Oxfam: Four solutions to economic inequality