Today @ 08:47
A decision by the EU court to scrap a controversial data retention directive may have implications for existing international data agreements and EU proposals under review.
23.07.14 @ 09:28
The EU wants to set up a legal channels to prevent Syrians from turning to smugglers to get to European Union territory - but can it deal with the thousands already trying to reach its shores.
17.06.14 @ 17:40
10.06.14 @ 09:27
04.06.14 @ 09:19
07.01.14 @ 09:26
22.07.14 @ 09:28
Paris has reportedly authorised a demonstration in support for Gaza on Wednesday after two government-banned protests over the weekend turned violent.
10.07.14 @ 09:28
Sweden has opted out of Belgium’s new counter-terrorism scheme amid internal debate on the merits of the plan.
07.07.14 @ 20:40
The Russia-Ukraine conflict has prompted more than 2,000 Ukrainians to apply for asylum in the EU since March.
16.07.14 @ 20:47
A Finnish citizen who wanted the state to recognise her new gender after surgery and remain legally married to a woman at the same time has lost her case at the European Court of Human Rights.
09.07.14 @ 09:30
Ministers from eight member states have adopted confidential plans to counter Syria-bound EU national fighters.
07.07.14 @ 09:23
As Italy takes over the EU presidency, Prime Minister Matteo Renzi is under strong pressure to win some support from other states on migration.
04.07.14 @ 09:26
Google has removed over 70,000 links amid accusations it is trying to promote critical reactions to a EU court ruling by targeting major media outlets.
20.06.14 @ 17:15
Any EU-level judgement on a case filed against Facebook for its alleged involvement in helping the Americans snoop on millions of people is likely to take over a year.
18.06.14 @ 22:21
Foreign ministers will next week discuss a new EU proposal to send security experts to Ukraine.
17.06.14 @ 09:36
Giving the EU a stronger role in protecting human rights could cement public support in the context of mounting euroscepticism.
25.06.14 @ 18:07
The US has announced plans to extend the same rights as Americans onto EU citizens whose data has been breached or misused in the US.
20.06.14 @ 09:41
Files leaked to Danish media suggest some EU states are allowing US spies to install equipment on cables to intercept emails, private phone calls, and Internet chats.
18.06.14 @ 19:25
The EU’s anti-fraud office Olaf will have to ask permission to enter the offices of elected and appointed members of the EU institutions under proposals by the European Commission.
News in Brief
- EU abstentions clear way for UN enquiry on Gaza@ 12:59
- EU commission delaying GMO decision for 14 years@ 12:34
- US willing to give EU citizens same rights on data privacy@ 12:33
- US ambassador expects clarity on EU sanctions@ 11:53
- Bulgarian PM resigns@ 09:39
- Germany rejects calls to scrap Russia's 2018 World Cup@ 09:31
- Greek economy to grow 0.7%@ 09:30
- Dutch mayor calls for Putin's daughter to be deported@ 09:28
- EU readies new sanctions on defiant Russia@ 09:25
- Scrapped EU surveillance law throws doubt on US data agreements@ 08:47
- Russia angst sees EU energy efficiency targets watered down23'rd @ 17:26
- Rome continues to push Italian FM to replace Ashton23'rd @ 16:02
- EU grapples with smugglers as people fleeing conflict face torture23'rd @ 09:28
- Deutsche Bank under fire in the US23'rd @ 09:16
- UK is still sending arms to Russia, say MPs23'rd @ 09:12
- AnalysisLeaked paper: EU options on 'stage three' Russia sanctions22'nd @ 20:42
- IFSBH: Join our new initiative: People United for Spina Bifida and Hydrocephalus!
- ACCA: Supports a coherent EU Single Market as to the balance of competences in the UK
- EIPA: Preparing for New EPSO Competitions: Luxembourg, 08 September 2014
- EIPA: Tools for Implementation of EU Policies at National Level. Luxembourg, 22-25/ 09/ 2014
- EPHA: 5th Annual Conference 4-5 September 2014, Brussels | Register before 31st July
- Centre Maurits Coppieters: Launches a new youtube channel
- ACCA: Implementing the New European Accounting Directive: Making the right choices
- UNESDA: Impact of food taxes on public health inconclusive and contradictory as per EC study
- European Federalist Party: Juncker is the 1st elected European Commission President
- Martens Centre: Register now for event on 9 Sept: Banking and Monetary Union 2014-2019