10.04.14 @ 09:22
The UK, Poland, and Sweden have proposed sending an EU police mission to Ukraine to build up its law enforcement bodies in the wake of February’s revolution.
09.04.14 @ 09:25
The EU's controversial data retention bill may be dead, but its principles will remain in force across Europe despite yesterday's Court ruling.
07.01.14 @ 09:26
13.02.14 @ 09:27
12.02.14 @ 10:14
11.02.14 @ 09:03
08.04.14 @ 11:31
The EU court has struck down a law on internet and phone surveillance, saying loose wording opens the door to untoward snooping.
04.04.14 @ 18:51
Despite national strategies on Roma integration, many of Europe’s most discriminated minority are still being treated as second-class citizens.
31.03.14 @ 09:27
A pan-European consortium of journalists has launched a survey of migrant deaths along Europe’s borders. The numbers are staggering: since the beginning of 2000, over 23,000 people have lost their lives trying to reach Europe.
08.04.14 @ 09:29
Hate crimes and violence against the EU’s largest minority are on the rise, according to an Amnesty International report.
03.04.14 @ 18:54
The EU formally agreed to lift visa restrictions on Moldova, allowing its citizens to travel throughout the Schengen passport-free area.
01.04.14 @ 09:32
When a valve is shut down, be it along the Senegal coast or at the wall between Morocco and Spain, a new migration path opens up.
25.03.14 @ 19:08
The annual budget of organised crime in Italy is bigger than that of the EU, with most of the money spent outside Italy, the country's foreign ministry says.
19.03.14 @ 09:18
The EU commission’s much-awaited “rule of law mechanism” needs some improvements if it is to bring about real results.
13.03.14 @ 09:38
EU lawmakers are a step closer to setting up a EU-wide public prosecutor after MEPs backed the European Commission's proposal.
12.03.14 @ 09:29
The European Commission has announced a new measure to challenge member states in breach of EU rule of law.
25.03.14 @ 09:29
The EU received a total of 435,000 asylum applications last year, 100,000 more compared to 2012.
17.03.14 @ 20:26
The European Commission presented its second annual justice scoreboard but not all member states like the idea.
13.03.14 @ 08:58
Frustrated MEPs want the EU to scrap data protection agreements with the US as they mount pressure on the member states to start negotiations on the EU data protection reforms.
News in Brief
- Eurozone deficit rates fall within 3 percent EU limit23'rd @ 17:31
- Schultz most tweeted commission candidate in April23'rd @ 17:30
- UKIP's poll ratings unaffected by bad press23'rd @ 10:39
- Wilders' right-hand man resigns23'rd @ 09:15
- French leader to table €50 billion savings package23'rd @ 09:00
- Syriza drops Roma candidate from European Parliament race23'rd @ 08:59
- Greece plans lower corporate tax to spur growth23'rd @ 08:58
- Finland signs Nato assistance deal23'rd @ 08:58
- Greek records first surplus as EU moves closer to balanced budgets23'rd @ 17:38
- OpinionEU and Ukraine: too busy to protect gay rights?23'rd @ 14:14
- EU ElectionsEU elections may strengthen Putin in Europe23'rd @ 09:29
- Italian right calls for end to migrant rescue programme23'rd @ 09:29
- US to send 600 troops to Baltics, Poland amid Ukraine tensions23'rd @ 09:16
- EU ElectionsStudents should vote for pro-Erasmus MEPs23'rd @ 09:03
- OpinionWhere next after the Hungarian election?22'nd @ 16:37
- Time for EU energy union, says Polish PM22'nd @ 10:54
- TNS Opinion: David Cameron takes the lead on Twitter
- ACCA: European Parliament backs non financial reporting deals
- CESI: TTIP: Fears of the Unknown, Registration for CESI@noon lunch debate on Mon 28th April
- ThinkYoung: We want to listen your opinion on youth unemployment & skills mismatch
- EIPA: Summer School on EU law & its Implementation, Luxembourg, 30/06 until 11/07
- EIPA: The Infringement Procedure under Articles 258 & 260 TFEU - Luxembourg 19-20/06/14
- ACCA: New rules to improve shareholder engagement and corporate governance reporting
- European Youth Forum: Open letter to EU bodies, MS and CoE on the situation in Ukraine
- Oxfam: European overseas aid slightly increases but lags behind global trend
- EUA: Changing Landscapes in Learning and Teaching’: Report from the Annual Conference