28.08.14 @ 09:30
The EU is to launch a “Frontex plus” mission in autumn to help Italy on the search and rescue of Mediterranean boat migrants.
26.08.14 @ 17:40
The landscape of European organised crime is “completely changing”, says the director of Europe's leading research institute into organised crime groups.
17.06.14 @ 17:40
10.06.14 @ 09:27
04.06.14 @ 09:19
07.01.14 @ 09:26
26.08.14 @ 08:30
Russians, Chinese, and people from the Middle East have shown the most interest in Malta's sale of EU passports so far.
19.08.14 @ 09:30
The EU’s justice commissioner has accused internet giant Google of leading a campaign to shoot down data protection reforms.
30.07.14 @ 09:15
The British government has announced it will tighten benefits to unemployed migrants from the EU in plans that the European Commission has said it will examine closely.
25.08.14 @ 09:29
The EU’s border mission for Libya remains parked in Tunisia, as deteriorating security conditions put migrants at greater risk.
14.08.14 @ 09:26
Leading European scientists have said new EU data laws will cause "dire" harm to research in areas such as smoking-related diseases or child nutrition.
28.07.14 @ 18:54
Several EU institutions are to be probed on their whistlerblower rules but the European Central Bank and the European Investment Bank will escape scrutiny.
24.07.14 @ 16:28
A European rights court Thursday found that Poland allowed the CIA to operate a secret rendition and interrogation camp at its Stare Kiejkuty military base and did nothing to stop it.
23.07.14 @ 09:28
The EU wants to set up a legal channels to prevent Syrians from turning to smugglers to get to European Union territory - but can it deal with the thousands already trying to reach its shores.
16.07.14 @ 20:47
A Finnish citizen who wanted the state to recognise her new gender after surgery and remain legally married to a woman at the same time has lost her case at the European Court of Human Rights.
09.07.14 @ 09:30
Ministers from eight member states have adopted confidential plans to counter Syria-bound EU national fighters.
24.07.14 @ 08:47
A decision by the EU court to scrap a controversial data retention directive may have implications for existing international data agreements and EU proposals under review.
22.07.14 @ 09:28
Paris has reportedly authorised a demonstration in support for Gaza on Wednesday after two government-banned protests over the weekend turned violent.
10.07.14 @ 09:28
Sweden has opted out of Belgium’s new counter-terrorism scheme amid internal debate on the merits of the plan.
News in Brief
- Obama rules out US military intervention in Ukraine@ 09:23
- Scottish independence campaign gains ground@ 09:23
- Polish PM 'seriously considering' EU top job@ 09:23
- Iceland volcano may disrupt air traffic again@ 09:23
- EU leaders warn Putin of further sanctions28'th @ 18:13
- Finland and Sweden to allow Nato troops28'th @ 18:11
- EU to help dairy producers hit by Russian sanctions28'th @ 17:05
- EU migrant numbers to UK up to 240,00028'th @ 14:14
- EU hails 'substantial progress' towards Cuba trade deal@ 09:30
- Russian 'invasion' of Ukraine alienates EU friends@ 09:30
- OpinionEU top jobs: of dwarfs and giants@ 09:28
- Hollande calls for special summit on eurozone growth28'th @ 18:10
- Opposition to Mogherini fading in EU capital28'th @ 18:04
- OpinionWhy America is recovering, but Europe is not - Part I28'th @ 16:29
- Ukraine says Russian invasion has begun28'th @ 14:21
- EU mission to help Italy save boat migrants28'th @ 09:30
- Martens Centre: Register now for the event “A Changing Eastern Neighbourhood”
- Martens Centre: Register now for event on 9 Sept: Banking and Monetary Union 2014-2019
- EEA and Norway Grants: Investing in people: Annual Report 2013-2014
- EuFoA: Tension rises in Nagorno-Karabakh as ceasefire negotiations are underway
- ACCA: Supports a coherent EU Single Market as to the balance of competences in the UK
- EIPA: Preparing for New EPSO Competitions: Luxembourg, 08 September 2014
- EIPA: Tools for Implementation of EU Policies at National Level. Luxembourg, 22-25/ 09/ 2014
- EPHA: 5th Annual Conference 4-5 September 2014, Brussels
- Centre Maurits Coppieters: Launches a new youtube channel
- ACCA: Implementing the New European Accounting Directive: Making the right choices