04.06.13 @ 10:32
Lithuania takes over the rotating EU presidency on 1 July with a record load of legislative dossiers. It still wants to add its own "flavour" to the presidency with a focus on eastern relations.
04.06.13 @ 10:32
13.05.13 @ 09:21
10.05.13 @ 09:21
10.06.13 @ 17:54
Highly dependent on Russian gas, Lithuania's struggle for energy independence and its relations with Gazprom are seen as a litmus test for the EU's energy policy.
04.06.13 @ 10:36
The only way to get public support for austerity measures is if politicians start by cutting their own wages, says Lithuanian President Dalia Grybauskaite.
06.06.13 @ 08:45
Home to 10 NBA players, Lithuania is far more into basketball than any other sport. Saulius Stombergas, a former star player, tells EUobserver why.
04.06.13 @ 10:32
Lithuania is determined to join the eurozone in 2015 after it missed the membership criteria by less than one percent back in 2006.
News in Brief
- MEPs back anti-Google resolution27'th @ 14:12
- European Parliament approves new data protection supervisor27'th @ 14:06
- EU to blacklist 13 people, five entities over Ukraine27'th @ 14:05
- EU lawmakers agree deal on investment funds27'th @ 13:19
- Juncker survives confidence vote27'th @ 12:16
- EP postpones decision on LuxLeaks inquiry27'th @ 11:38
- Van Rompuy to teach at College of Europe27'th @ 09:47
- Bulgaria won't sign EU-US trade deal until visas are scrapped27'th @ 09:13
- France, Italy, Belgium to get extra three months on deficit and debt27'th @ 20:01
- EU blacklists 13 Ukrainians over Russia war27'th @ 18:10
- OpinionTurkey needs its women, Mr Erdogan27'th @ 17:06
- AnalysisEurope's 'last chance' investment scheme depends on pension funds27'th @ 11:07
- Mediapart: National Front's Kremlin loan is worth €40mn27'th @ 09:28
- MEP vote ups pressure on EU to break up Google27'th @ 09:26
- OpinionCommon European investment programme needed26'th @ 18:30
- EU regulators want right-to-be forgotten to go global26'th @ 18:24
- Danuta Hübner: Danuta Hübner at the first meeting of the EPP Working Group on TTiP
- Danuta Hübner: Jobs, Growth & Investment Package to succeed if mobilizes private sector
- Eva Paunova: Digital techs must be recognised as best route to growth and development
- Jan Philipp Albrecht: EU-Canada PNR scheme must have legality assessed by European Court
- Cecilia Wikström: Interview - From a priest to an MEP
- Martina Dlabajová: Still no discharge for the Council from the Budgetary Control Committee
- Jerzy Buzek: Reindustrialisation & climate targets married via research on clean coal technologies
- Michael Theurer: Dalligate II: Time to return to the facts and follow checks and balances
- Victor Negrescu: The Next Generation Innovators
- Access Now: Wishing “Bon voyage” to PNR agreements in Europe
- EBF: EBF underlines need to match EFSI funds with stable economic framework
- European SchoolNet: Making competence based education a reality in schools across Europe
- CESI: Breaking Down Barriers: Towards Gender Equality at Work. Lunch debate, 11 Dec
- Counter Balance: Junker investment package shifts risks from private investors to EU taxpayers
- ThinkYoung: Join the Charity Dinner for UNICEF by ThinkYoung & Burson Marsteller to fight Ebola!
- Access Now: Save the Internet: The EU MS are about to turn their backs on Net Neutrality
- EU Spirits: Do you know how apples & pears go into a bottle ?
- Martens Centre: Invites you to the Transatlantic Think Tank Conference on 4 Dec, register now!
- EMHRN: Day for the Elimination of Violence vs. Women: Bleak Picture for the Euro-Med Region