04.06.13 @ 10:32
Lithuania takes over the rotating EU presidency on 1 July with a record load of legislative dossiers. It still wants to add its own "flavour" to the presidency with a focus on eastern relations.
04.06.13 @ 10:32
13.05.13 @ 09:21
10.05.13 @ 09:21
10.06.13 @ 17:54
Highly dependent on Russian gas, Lithuania's struggle for energy independence and its relations with Gazprom are seen as a litmus test for the EU's energy policy.
04.06.13 @ 10:36
The only way to get public support for austerity measures is if politicians start by cutting their own wages, says Lithuanian President Dalia Grybauskaite.
06.06.13 @ 08:45
Home to 10 NBA players, Lithuania is far more into basketball than any other sport. Saulius Stombergas, a former star player, tells EUobserver why.
04.06.13 @ 10:32
Lithuania is determined to join the eurozone in 2015 after it missed the membership criteria by less than one percent back in 2006.
News in Brief
- Conservative MEPs against Snowden video appearance: report
- Latvia prepares for euro despite no government
- Greek unemployment nears record high
- US and UK stop non-lethal aid to Syria rebel groups
- Eleven states to review financial tax plans
- Letta backed on 18 months of reforms
- Naked Bruni pics used to hack European diplomats
- US official gives cookies to pro-EU protesters
- EU court dismisses case against Skype-Microsoft merger
- Dutch firm ends Israeli co-operation
- Interview'Everything is about basketball in Lithuania'
- Lithuania unveils EU presidency logo
- Lithuania faces record legislative load for EU presidency
- Lithuania in second attempt to join euro
- Taking on Gazprom: Lithuania's battle for energy independence
- Lithuanian President dubbed 'extraordinary European'
- Interview'Politicians should start by cutting their own wages first'
- Lithuania: In the EU spotlight
- EU lawmakers reach agreement on bank rescue rules@ 09:28
- Ashton casts doubt on Yanukovych's promises@ 08:47
- EU pays salaries of phantom workers in Palestine11'th @ 10:20
- Ministers edge toward bank resolution deal after marathon talks11'th @ 09:29
- Ukraine police attack protesters under Ashton's nose11'th @ 09:28
- Romanian MPs decriminalise political corruption11'th @ 09:05
- OpinionCities show leadership on Roma inclusion11'th @ 09:00
- Austria and Luxembourg accused of undermining EU credibility10'th @ 20:15
- Euro-deputies reject ban on bottom-sea trawling10'th @ 20:03
- Parliament fails to pass report on women's reproductive rights10'th @ 16:47
- Think Young: Campaign Fail2Succeed with CES & MEP Zalba: 18/12 @ EP. Register now !
- EERA: The Horizon is set for 2020: time for research & innovation to deliver
- EMHRN: Human Rights Day: govs stripping away freedom of assembly ?
- EIPA: Seminar: EU Law for Non-Lawyers, Luxembourg, 24-26/02/14
- EIPA: EU Environmental Law for Non-Lawyers, Luxembourg, 30-31/01/14
- EFA: Book on Minimum Standards of Care for COPD patients in the EU
- Counter Balance: Natural Capital: a fairytale with an unhappy ending
- Oxfam: Leaked EU document proves financial transaction tax is legal
- Birdlife: Wind farms: new report shows how to reduce environmental impact
- EMHRN: Israel’s Culture of Impunity: Nothing Less than Accountability!
- How the EU is losing its entire neighbourhoodInside Arab Spring
- After Vilnius: tough year aheadNeighbourhood
- What happened to the EU2020 strategy?Progressive Change
- This is a very dead horse - stop floggingAnother Look
- Facebook isn't our friendExposing Corporate Europe
- Moscow Never SleepsBelarus Reloaded
- The trouble with Europe’s big thinking? Europe’s big states.Super Commuter
- Don´t take their word for itAnother Look
- Eurasian Union's problem with Russian nationalismNeighbourhood
- COP 19: Walking about Warsaw in circlesGlobal challenges