30.09.13 @ 17:56
Sweden has declined to guarantee the safety of a campaigner for EU sanctions on Russian officials despite Russian threats.
22.02.13 @ 09:21
22.02.13 @ 09:34
22.02.13 @ 09:20
03.09.13 @ 12:51
The Council of Europe will on Wednesday debate a damning resolution on the Magnitsky affair, with Russian delegates pledging to attack the text.
25.06.13 @ 17:11
The EU's joint police body, Europol, is hunting Russian mafia money in EU banks in connection with the alleged murder of Sergei Magnitsky.
20.06.13 @ 09:28
Latvian authorities have imposed a fine of over €140,000 on an unnamed bank involved in Russian money laundering exposed by the late whistleblower Sergei Magnitsky.
11.07.13 @ 17:32
The EU has said Russia's posthumous conviction of Magnitsky is a "disturbing" sign of lack of rule of law, but remains opposed to sanctions.
10.06.13 @ 09:26
Russian officials banned from entering the US on accusations of corruption and murder are frequent visitors in EU cities, leaked data shows.
21.05.13 @ 09:30
Russia's request for Interpol to track Bill Browder, a UK-based human rights campaigner, could end his trips to Brussels and other EU capitals.
26.04.13 @ 09:29
Russia has threatened to impose an adoption ban on EU presidency country Ireland if its MPs pass a tough resolution on Sergei Magnitsky.
26.03.13 @ 09:28
The head of Moldova's anti-corruption centre has poured cold water on the prospects of an EU-linked money laundering probe.
22.02.13 @ 09:27
Sleuths from six EU countries are joining forces to see if millions of euros of Russian mafia money was laundered through their banks.
07.02.13 @ 18:32
Moldova has launched criminal proceedings in a money laundering case involving its biggest bank, the Russian mafia and six EU countries.
26.03.13 @ 09:25
EU-sponsored auditors have begun work in Cyprus. But their track record and the minimalist scope of the survey give cause for concern.
01.03.13 @ 11:04
The mother and widow of Sergei Magnitsky, a Russian anti-corruption activist who died in prison, have accused a Russian diplomat of lying to the European Parliament about his case.
22.02.13 @ 09:26
The time is ripe for the EU to hold Russia to account on its obligations on democracy and rule of law, writes Kristiina Ojuland.
14.12.12 @ 07:07
Cyprus has opened an investigation into evidence that stolen Russian tax money linked to the murder of Sergei Magnitsky was laundered through its banks.
News in Brief
- Dutch research team finds human remains at MH17 crash site@ 18:29
- EU unemployment rate unchanged in September@ 17:52
- UK's EU contribution up €3.5 billion in 2013@ 17:52
- German autobahn toll set to be introduced in 2016@ 14:39
- Frontex-led operation Triton has enough money for 2 months@ 14:35
- Eurozone inflation rate marginally up@ 13:54
- Report: EU mission in Kosovo passed information to Serbian spies@ 13:16
- Orban retreats from internet tax plan after protests@ 09:34
- Whistleblower urges external probe into EU mission in Kosovo@ 19:13
- 'Better than Belgium', or the long goodbye@ 19:09
- AgendaJuncker commission starts this WEEK@ 18:39
- EU lodges new WTO protest against Russia@ 18:35
- OpinionJailing Iran’s Internet, one user at a time@ 10:55
- 'No one to stay cold', as Russia and Ukraine clinch winter gas deal@ 09:29
- EU promotes consumption of meat and milk@ 09:27
- InvestigationEurope’s tax haven investments in Africa@ 08:22
- Counter Balance: Ombudsman: EIB weakens EU to strengthen rule of law in Bosnia-Herzegovina
- EBF: The new EU Financial Reporting Advisory Group Board marks new milestone in governance
- EuropeanIssuers & FESE: European Small and Mid-Cap Awards - 26th November 2014
- EN.DELFI: Editor: Our readers understand that Russia is not joking
- European Jewish Congress: Sweden recognition of Palestinian State adds fuel to Middle East
- EFA: Catalonia decides on 9N ! Support EFA campaign for democracy and freedom.
- European SchoolNet: Europe needs to boost the E-skills to tap the job creation potential of ICT
- European SchoolNet: European government agencies & industry combine to combat bullying
- EIPA: European Union Civil Service Law, Brussels, 27-28 November 2014
- EGBA: Want to know how the EU online betting industry fights match-fixing?