30.09.13 @ 17:56
Sweden has declined to guarantee the safety of a campaigner for EU sanctions on Russian officials despite Russian threats.
22.02.13 @ 09:21
22.02.13 @ 09:34
22.02.13 @ 09:20
03.09.13 @ 12:51
The Council of Europe will on Wednesday debate a damning resolution on the Magnitsky affair, with Russian delegates pledging to attack the text.
25.06.13 @ 17:11
The EU's joint police body, Europol, is hunting Russian mafia money in EU banks in connection with the alleged murder of Sergei Magnitsky.
20.06.13 @ 09:28
Latvian authorities have imposed a fine of over €140,000 on an unnamed bank involved in Russian money laundering exposed by the late whistleblower Sergei Magnitsky.
11.07.13 @ 17:32
The EU has said Russia's posthumous conviction of Magnitsky is a "disturbing" sign of lack of rule of law, but remains opposed to sanctions.
10.06.13 @ 09:26
Russian officials banned from entering the US on accusations of corruption and murder are frequent visitors in EU cities, leaked data shows.
21.05.13 @ 09:30
Russia's request for Interpol to track Bill Browder, a UK-based human rights campaigner, could end his trips to Brussels and other EU capitals.
26.04.13 @ 09:29
Russia has threatened to impose an adoption ban on EU presidency country Ireland if its MPs pass a tough resolution on Sergei Magnitsky.
26.03.13 @ 09:28
The head of Moldova's anti-corruption centre has poured cold water on the prospects of an EU-linked money laundering probe.
22.02.13 @ 09:27
Sleuths from six EU countries are joining forces to see if millions of euros of Russian mafia money was laundered through their banks.
07.02.13 @ 18:32
Moldova has launched criminal proceedings in a money laundering case involving its biggest bank, the Russian mafia and six EU countries.
26.03.13 @ 09:25
EU-sponsored auditors have begun work in Cyprus. But their track record and the minimalist scope of the survey give cause for concern.
01.03.13 @ 11:04
The mother and widow of Sergei Magnitsky, a Russian anti-corruption activist who died in prison, have accused a Russian diplomat of lying to the European Parliament about his case.
22.02.13 @ 09:26
The time is ripe for the EU to hold Russia to account on its obligations on democracy and rule of law, writes Kristiina Ojuland.
14.12.12 @ 07:07
Cyprus has opened an investigation into evidence that stolen Russian tax money linked to the murder of Sergei Magnitsky was laundered through its banks.
News in Brief
- Italy asked to justify national budget plans@ 13:10
- 2015 EU budget up for tough negotiations@ 09:01
- Nine migrants injured in rush on Spanish border fence@ 09:00
- Hungary to press charges against Norway-funded NGO@ 09:00
- Russian plane violates Estonia airspace@ 07:44
- Lega Nord signs partnership with Putin party22'nd @ 16:05
- EP approves Juncker commission22'nd @ 12:37
- Pharma and medical devices unit goes back to health22'nd @ 12:30
- Poll shows UK support for EU at 20-year high@ 13:38
- An American in Strasbourg: US ambassador woos MEPs on trade pact@ 10:24
- Quarter of a million Ukrainians came to EU last year@ 09:34
- EU leaders gear up for heated climate summit@ 09:29
- Irish senators build EU momentum on Palestine recognition@ 09:28
- OpinionEU states should follow Sweden on Palestine@ 09:24
- EU fiscal rules won't be changed, says Juncker22'nd @ 19:55
- OpinionCameron's tight-rope walk on free movement22'nd @ 18:35
- Counter Balance: Thousands urge the EU Commission to ditch biodiversity offsetting
- Oxfam: Bolder EU response needed to help stop Ebola spiralling out of control
- CESI: Ebola requires action: CESI demands full protection of healthcare workers at risk
- EGBA: Want to know how the EU online betting industry fights match-fixing?
- Access Now: Commissioners hearings: The many faces of Digital in the new Commission
- CESI: Taxation at the heart of the crisis, CESI Europe Academy discusses #TaxinEU
- Oxfam: EU needs to do more to stop the spread of Ebola
- EPSU: Ebola outbreak in West Africa - Health Workers in the frontline need our support
- EuFoA: First Nagorno-Karabakh Group announced in the European Parliament
- Oxfam: Four solutions to economic inequality