30.09.13 @ 17:56
Sweden has declined to guarantee the safety of a campaigner for EU sanctions on Russian officials despite Russian threats.
22.02.13 @ 09:21
22.02.13 @ 09:34
22.02.13 @ 09:20
03.09.13 @ 12:51
The Council of Europe will on Wednesday debate a damning resolution on the Magnitsky affair, with Russian delegates pledging to attack the text.
25.06.13 @ 17:11
The EU's joint police body, Europol, is hunting Russian mafia money in EU banks in connection with the alleged murder of Sergei Magnitsky.
20.06.13 @ 09:28
Latvian authorities have imposed a fine of over €140,000 on an unnamed bank involved in Russian money laundering exposed by the late whistleblower Sergei Magnitsky.
11.07.13 @ 17:32
The EU has said Russia's posthumous conviction of Magnitsky is a "disturbing" sign of lack of rule of law, but remains opposed to sanctions.
10.06.13 @ 09:26
Russian officials banned from entering the US on accusations of corruption and murder are frequent visitors in EU cities, leaked data shows.
21.05.13 @ 09:30
Russia's request for Interpol to track Bill Browder, a UK-based human rights campaigner, could end his trips to Brussels and other EU capitals.
26.04.13 @ 09:29
Russia has threatened to impose an adoption ban on EU presidency country Ireland if its MPs pass a tough resolution on Sergei Magnitsky.
26.03.13 @ 09:28
The head of Moldova's anti-corruption centre has poured cold water on the prospects of an EU-linked money laundering probe.
22.02.13 @ 09:27
Sleuths from six EU countries are joining forces to see if millions of euros of Russian mafia money was laundered through their banks.
07.02.13 @ 18:32
Moldova has launched criminal proceedings in a money laundering case involving its biggest bank, the Russian mafia and six EU countries.
26.03.13 @ 09:25
EU-sponsored auditors have begun work in Cyprus. But their track record and the minimalist scope of the survey give cause for concern.
01.03.13 @ 11:04
The mother and widow of Sergei Magnitsky, a Russian anti-corruption activist who died in prison, have accused a Russian diplomat of lying to the European Parliament about his case.
22.02.13 @ 09:26
The time is ripe for the EU to hold Russia to account on its obligations on democracy and rule of law, writes Kristiina Ojuland.
14.12.12 @ 07:07
Cyprus has opened an investigation into evidence that stolen Russian tax money linked to the murder of Sergei Magnitsky was laundered through its banks.
News in Brief
- Bribery allegations mar Greek presidential vote@ 14:14
- Russia seeks to jail top anti-corruption activist for 10 years@ 14:13
- IMF holds back tranche for Cyprus@ 09:04
- Tsipras wants to 'cancel austerity' if elected@ 09:03
- Poroshenko calls on parliament to adopt bill on joining Nato@ 09:03
- Italian president to step down@ 09:03
- Poland warns of veto on UK migrant benefits cuts plan@ 09:02
- Dutch coalition saved by deal on health bill@ 01:27
- Luxembourg caves in to EU tax listing demands@ 09:01
- Merkel: EU strategy is to maintain Russia sanctions@ 01:36
- TTIP by end of 2015, EU leaders pledge@ 01:34
- EU leaders want 'urgent' action on investment fund18'th @ 22:29
- OpinionEU-Turkey ties will survive war of words18'th @ 21:07
- Court crushes EU plan to join human rights convention18'th @ 18:36
- Dutch PM misses EU summit to save coalition18'th @ 18:23
- Russian economic turmoil to last two years18'th @ 18:14
- Jan Philipp Albrecht: Study on Data Retention after the Judgement of the Court of Justice of the European Union
- Cecilia Wikström: EU Governments must come clean on CIA torture programme
- Tonino Picula: Georgia needs support of the European Union today!
- Michael Theurer: Noch mehr Schulden sind nicht der Ausweg aus der Schuldenfalle!
- Eva Paunova: Granted JA-YE and AmCham EU Youth Entrepreneurship Award
- Tonino Picula: The youngest European state deserves future in EU, I said to FMA after visiting Kosovo
- Eva Paunova: Meets US Chief negotiator on TTIP during diplomatic visit in Washington DC
- Jerzy Buzek: Congratulations to the town Kisielice for winning the EU 2014 ManagEnergy Award
- Victor Negrescu: S&D40 members meeting with the leader of the S&D Group, Gianni Pitella
- Jan Philipp Albrecht: Digital market/Google: MEPs fail to focus consumer rights and net neutrality
- COFACE: News - December 2014
- Oxfam: EU executives’ fixation with private sector compromises commitment to poor people
- Martens Centre: 5 reasons why the end of South Stream should mark the start of Energy Union
- Dialogue Platform: Calls for release of journalists detained in Turkey
- EMHRN: Egypt: Const. Committee Testify to Baselessness of Charges in Shura Council Case