30.09.13 @ 17:56
Sweden has declined to guarantee the safety of a campaigner for EU sanctions on Russian officials despite Russian threats.
22.02.13 @ 09:21
22.02.13 @ 09:34
22.02.13 @ 09:20
03.09.13 @ 12:51
The Council of Europe will on Wednesday debate a damning resolution on the Magnitsky affair, with Russian delegates pledging to attack the text.
25.06.13 @ 17:11
The EU's joint police body, Europol, is hunting Russian mafia money in EU banks in connection with the alleged murder of Sergei Magnitsky.
20.06.13 @ 09:28
Latvian authorities have imposed a fine of over €140,000 on an unnamed bank involved in Russian money laundering exposed by the late whistleblower Sergei Magnitsky.
11.07.13 @ 17:32
The EU has said Russia's posthumous conviction of Magnitsky is a "disturbing" sign of lack of rule of law, but remains opposed to sanctions.
10.06.13 @ 09:26
Russian officials banned from entering the US on accusations of corruption and murder are frequent visitors in EU cities, leaked data shows.
21.05.13 @ 09:30
Russia's request for Interpol to track Bill Browder, a UK-based human rights campaigner, could end his trips to Brussels and other EU capitals.
26.04.13 @ 09:29
Russia has threatened to impose an adoption ban on EU presidency country Ireland if its MPs pass a tough resolution on Sergei Magnitsky.
26.03.13 @ 09:28
The head of Moldova's anti-corruption centre has poured cold water on the prospects of an EU-linked money laundering probe.
22.02.13 @ 09:27
Sleuths from six EU countries are joining forces to see if millions of euros of Russian mafia money was laundered through their banks.
07.02.13 @ 18:32
Moldova has launched criminal proceedings in a money laundering case involving its biggest bank, the Russian mafia and six EU countries.
26.03.13 @ 09:25
EU-sponsored auditors have begun work in Cyprus. But their track record and the minimalist scope of the survey give cause for concern.
01.03.13 @ 11:04
The mother and widow of Sergei Magnitsky, a Russian anti-corruption activist who died in prison, have accused a Russian diplomat of lying to the European Parliament about his case.
22.02.13 @ 09:26
The time is ripe for the EU to hold Russia to account on its obligations on democracy and rule of law, writes Kristiina Ojuland.
14.12.12 @ 07:07
Cyprus has opened an investigation into evidence that stolen Russian tax money linked to the murder of Sergei Magnitsky was laundered through its banks.
News in Brief
- Cameron 'angry' over extra EU bill of €2bn@ 15:01
- Ice-cold relations inside the ECB: report@ 09:01
- Soros: EU has lost its way@ 09:00
- European bank stress tests to reveal small problems: report@ 08:59
- Beer and wine fuelled EU climate deal@ 08:57
- No comment from Barroso on extra €2 billion from UK@ 03:32
- Van Rompuy: EU deal reached on climate targets@ 01:08
- Poorer EU states to get pollution permits until 2030@ 01:00
- UN welcomes EU climate deal@ 16:58
- Cameron vows to reject €2 billion EU bill@ 16:16
- Cameron slapped with new €2bn EU bill@ 09:47
- Cyprus seeks harsh EU statement on Turkey@ 09:29
- Renzi stirs up EU row ahead of eurozone meeting@ 09:27
- EU leaders reach 2030 deal on climate and energy@ 03:59
- Merkel criticises Putin for broken promise on Ukraine@ 03:59
- Putin's pipeline drives wedge between EU and Balkan hopefuls@ 00:37
- EuroCommerce: New Commission offers fresh approach, but over-ambitious portfolio casts shadow
- EN.DELFI: How Russia wages hybrid energy war against Lithuania
- Oxfam: Europe must review climate targets after weak climate package deal
- Red Cross: A humanitarian approach within the EU Migration Agenda: 20 November @ EESC
- Counter Balance: Thousands urge the EU Commission to ditch biodiversity offsetting
- Oxfam: Bolder EU response needed to help stop Ebola spiralling out of control
- CESI: Ebola requires action: CESI demands full protection of healthcare workers at risk
- EGBA: Want to know how the EU online betting industry fights match-fixing?
- Access Now: Commissioners hearings: The many faces of Digital in the new Commission
- CESI: Taxation at the heart of the crisis, CESI Europe Academy discusses #TaxinEU