30.09.13 @ 17:56
Sweden has declined to guarantee the safety of a campaigner for EU sanctions on Russian officials despite Russian threats.
22.02.13 @ 09:21
22.02.13 @ 09:34
22.02.13 @ 09:20
03.09.13 @ 12:51
The Council of Europe will on Wednesday debate a damning resolution on the Magnitsky affair, with Russian delegates pledging to attack the text.
25.06.13 @ 17:11
The EU's joint police body, Europol, is hunting Russian mafia money in EU banks in connection with the alleged murder of Sergei Magnitsky.
20.06.13 @ 09:28
Latvian authorities have imposed a fine of over €140,000 on an unnamed bank involved in Russian money laundering exposed by the late whistleblower Sergei Magnitsky.
11.07.13 @ 17:32
The EU has said Russia's posthumous conviction of Magnitsky is a "disturbing" sign of lack of rule of law, but remains opposed to sanctions.
10.06.13 @ 09:26
Russian officials banned from entering the US on accusations of corruption and murder are frequent visitors in EU cities, leaked data shows.
21.05.13 @ 09:30
Russia's request for Interpol to track Bill Browder, a UK-based human rights campaigner, could end his trips to Brussels and other EU capitals.
26.04.13 @ 09:29
Russia has threatened to impose an adoption ban on EU presidency country Ireland if its MPs pass a tough resolution on Sergei Magnitsky.
26.03.13 @ 09:28
The head of Moldova's anti-corruption centre has poured cold water on the prospects of an EU-linked money laundering probe.
22.02.13 @ 09:27
Sleuths from six EU countries are joining forces to see if millions of euros of Russian mafia money was laundered through their banks.
07.02.13 @ 18:32
Moldova has launched criminal proceedings in a money laundering case involving its biggest bank, the Russian mafia and six EU countries.
26.03.13 @ 09:25
EU-sponsored auditors have begun work in Cyprus. But their track record and the minimalist scope of the survey give cause for concern.
01.03.13 @ 11:04
The mother and widow of Sergei Magnitsky, a Russian anti-corruption activist who died in prison, have accused a Russian diplomat of lying to the European Parliament about his case.
22.02.13 @ 09:26
The time is ripe for the EU to hold Russia to account on its obligations on democracy and rule of law, writes Kristiina Ojuland.
14.12.12 @ 07:07
Cyprus has opened an investigation into evidence that stolen Russian tax money linked to the murder of Sergei Magnitsky was laundered through its banks.
News in Brief
- Court clears Anglo-Irish boss17'th @ 09:26
- Juncker wants politicians in EU commission, not bureaucrats17'th @ 09:26
- Nato increases military presence in eastern Europe17'th @ 09:26
- EU and Switzerland edging closer to free movement deal17'th @ 09:25
- MEPs back cross-border pension rights16'th @ 10:01
- Industry wary of new EU rules on lorry design16'th @ 10:01
- Ukip leader 'taking legal advice' on expenses allegations16'th @ 10:00
- French MEP recalls trips to see porn films16'th @ 10:00
- Pro-Russia separatists reject EU and US-brokered pact18'th @ 17:22
- Russia and China forge closer ties, as EU explores sanctions17'th @ 09:29
- Europe faces worst human rights 'crisis' in decades17'th @ 09:29
- MEPs upset over Schulz's double role as president and candidate17'th @ 09:25
- EU countries to boost defence budgets in light of Ukraine16'th @ 09:29
- EU parliament gives final nod to banking union16'th @ 09:21
- EU ElectionsGerman centre-right election posters show Merkel, not Juncker16'th @ 09:15
- Regional unemployment highest in Spain16'th @ 09:14
- ACCA: European Parliament backs non financial reporting deals
- CESI: TTIP: Fears of the Unknown, Registration for CESI@noon lunch debate on Mon 28th April
- ThinkYoung: We want to listen your opinion on youth unemployment & skills mismatch
- EIPA: Summer School on EU law & its Implementation, Luxembourg, 30/06 until 11/07
- EIPA: The Infringement Procedure under Articles 258 & 260 TFEU - Luxembourg 19-20/06/14
- ACCA: New rules to improve shareholder engagement and corporate governance reporting
- European Youth Forum: Open letter to EU bodies, MS and CoE on the situation in Ukraine
- Oxfam: European overseas aid slightly increases but lags behind global trend
- EUA: Changing Landscapes in Learning and Teaching’: Report from the Annual Conference
- Regione Puglia: Capacity building course for regional officers on EU decision-making: 7-11/04