Today @ 18:01
The Cypriot central bank has said eurozone finance ministers and the media have been misled by a critical report on money laundering.
Today @ 09:01
22.05.13 @ 09:25
22.05.13 @ 08:49
Today @ 09:27
Council chief Van Rompuy has repeated his invitation for Turkish leader Erdogan to come to Brussels to mark the restart of EU entry talks.
Today @ 09:28
ECB chief Draghi has made an unusually political comment while in London, saying Europe needs a more European UK.
23.05.13 @ 17:42
The European Commission has been forced to beat a hasty retreat from a proposed ban on jugs of olive oil in restaurants after the idea met with widespread ridicule.
Today @ 08:54
EU governments are expected to agree a mandate to open negotiations on a free trade deal with the US at the next meeting of EU trade ministers.
23.05.13 @ 19:09
The head of the EU’s anti-fraud agency has said public confidence in the office has increased despite allegations of wrongdoing.
22.05.13 @ 22:22
EU leaders in Brussels for a summit on tax evasion hailed new political "momentum," but agreed few concrete measures.
23.05.13 @ 09:26
Germany is helping youngsters from Spain, Portugal and Greece to find jobs, as regional statistics show 17 times more unemployed young Greeks compared to Germans.
23.05.13 @ 09:30
The UK should delay plans to push through further austerity measures worth £10 billion (€12 billion), the International Monetary Fund warned on Wednesday.
22.05.13 @ 22:24
Battered women and other victims of violence will be afforded greater EU-wide protection after a vote by euro-deputies in Strasbourg on Wednesday.
22.05.13 @ 09:42
Ireland has come under fire for its low-tax regime amid US revelations that Apple and other large corporations are using EU-based subsidiaries to avoid paying taxes.
23.05.13 @ 09:38
Most EU countries abuse the rights of migrants and ethnic minorities, while others are not doing enough to combat homophobia, Amnesty International has said.
22.05.13 @ 20:12
EU leaders have said shale gas could make a big contribution to lower energy costs, pushing aside environmental concerns.
22.05.13 @ 09:29
A British charity has accused the EU of turning a blind eye to €9.5 trillion of hidden money as leaders meet for a summit on tax evasion.
22.05.13 @ 09:29
Iceland’s bid to join the EU has come to an end, Iceland’s independence party leader Bjarni Benediktsson has said.
News in Brief
- Interpol rejects Russian request on Magnitsky campaigner
- Italy's Grillo seeks EU membership referendum
- MEPs urge start to Macedonia EU talks
- UK migrant influx fears unfounded, says EU commissioner
- French rich tax to target companies, not individuals
- Stockholm riots point to inequalities
- German brewers: shale gas exploitation may ruin beer
- Netherlands not a tax haven, says Merkel
- France willing to put Hezbollah on EU blacklist
- EU 'proud' on asylum seekers
- Survey: Croatia and Slovenia most corrupt in EU
- InterviewSweden: who needs Nato, when you have the Lisbon Treaty?
- Brzezinski: EU-US trade pact can halt West's decline
- EU sets timeline for single telecoms market
- Orban fails to impress Jewish leaders on anti-Semitism
- Nato chief: EU soft power is 'no power at all'
- EU governments get cold feet on transactions tax
- 'Political science fiction' to become reality, Barroso says
- AnalysisPoor pay: the flipside of Germany's low unemployment
- MEPs find new line of attack against Strasbourg
Equality & LGBTI Rights
- EU ministers urge Reding to do more for gay rights
- Targeted action requires clear plan … LGBTI issues are no different
- Report: sexual minorities in EU face hate speech, violence and discrimination
- Bulgaria and Italy trail in EU on gay rights legislation
- 'Changing gender should be as easy as changing car numberplate'
- Equality and LGBTI Rights
- Reding should 'stick neck out' on gay rights
- Same-sex marriage underlines social change in Ireland
- Airline worker's rights breached by crucifix ban, court says
- Gay rights is EU entry criterion, Brussels says
Very private security
- Controversial British firm wins EU security job in Gaza
- Very private security
- EUobserver investigative reports
- InvestigationEU men with guns: a comedy of errors
- Security firm wins EU contract despite tax problem
- About Andrew Rettman
- EU bins security contract, annoys Libya
- EU to spend €50mn on private security in Afghanistan
- Question marks over EU contract for Libya security firm
- Ashton to spend €15mn on private security firms
- Cyprus bank accuses troika of misleading EU ministers@ 18:01
- Central bank chief: EU needs a more European UK@ 09:28
- Van Rompuy endorses restart of EU-Turkey talks@ 09:27
- OpinionEU should act on political abuse of Interpol@ 09:01
- Governments to give green light for US trade talks@ 08:54
- EU anti-fraud chief defends role in Dalligate23'rd @ 19:09
- EU retreats from olive oil ban after wave of ridicule23'rd @ 17:42
- Amnesty: EU states guilty of racism, homophobia23'rd @ 09:38
- Delay austerity and increase investment, IMF warns UK23'rd @ 09:30
- FocusGermany and Greece: huge gulf in youth unemployment23'rd @ 09:26
- European Friends of Armenia: EuFoA calls for common EU-Armenia efforts to stop waste of gas
- CESI: Tax administration staff joins EU institutions in serious concern over tax evasion and tax fraud
- Counter Balance: Register! ‘Facing the future or looking at the past? New energy policies at EIB/EBRD’ 27/05 EU Parliament
- EIPA: Summer school on EU Law and its Implementation, organised in Luxembourg from 01 to 12 July 2013
- Confederation of Swedish Enterprise: State of the union – Where is the EU heading?
- ACCA: ACCA encourages EU leaders to be bold in the fight against tax fraud and evasion
- EIPA: Practical Tools for Implementation of EU Policies at the National Level: Modules 1 and 2 Luxembourg, 24-27 September 2013
- The Finance curse - my new bookEscape from Europe
- Yes, this is what we need the EU forAnother Look
- Pentecost on the prairieGlobal challenges
- The untold story of Libya's Mahmud GebrilInside Arab Spring
- U-turn, please!Another Look
- Going against fears in AmericaGlobal challenges
- About spin and DIYAnother Look
- The capture of tax haven Ireland: "the bankers, hedge funds got virtually everything they wanted"Escape from Europe
- The year in picturesSuper Commuter
- Not the Jihadists but we are the problemInside Arab Spring