19.09.14 @ 16:06
Catalan leader Artur Mas has said the Scottish referendum has reinforced his plan to hold a similar vote at home.
19.09.14 @ 15:04
17.09.14 @ 17:04
17.09.14 @ 09:57
16.09.14 @ 09:29
19.09.14 @ 07:10
Voters in Scotland have said No to independence from the UK, but the intense campaigning and record-high turnout are models for separatist movements elsewhere in Europe.
19.09.14 @ 09:30
Ukraine leader Poroshenko has warned the US that Europe is at risk of a “terrible … war”, but failed to get American weapons in return.
18.09.14 @ 09:29
Over 4 million people are to cast their vote in favour or against Scottish independence on Thursday, with Spain calling it a "torpedo" against EU integration.
19.09.14 @ 09:32
Prime Minister David Cameron has promised more powers will be devolved to all parts of the UK while expressing his delight that Scotland voted to stay a part of the United Kingdom.
17.09.14 @ 09:26
Palestinian people fleeing Israel’s occupation of Gaza were most of the victims in the Malta boat incident last week.
18.09.14 @ 09:28
Finland’s new PM, Stubb, is facing a coalition split over plans for a Russian-built nuclear plant.
17.09.14 @ 20:52
Outgoing EU commissioner for employment Laszlo Andor defended EU-wide efforts to tackle youth unemployment amid critical remarks from MEPs.
17.09.14 @ 09:20
American and British universities continue to dominate in the global rankings with the next best faculty in a EU member state trailing a distant 24.
15.09.14 @ 16:02
Nato has described Russia and Islamic State as the two main threats to Western security, but says it can still talk to Russia.
15.09.14 @ 09:29
A handful of MEPs are asking the parliament to withhold millions of euros from the EU commission to force greater transparency in the Brussels executive.
16.09.14 @ 15:22
Ukraine has granted semi-autonomy to pro-Russia rebels, the same day as ratifying a strategic EU treaty.
16.09.14 @ 13:26
The EU is preparing to unveil new aid for fruit producers hit by the Russia food ban.
15.09.14 @ 09:14
Scottish people are preparing for a historic referendum that could partly end their union with the UK, but still seek to keep the pound and the British queen.
16.09.14 @ 09:26
The EU is pressing member states to step up efforts against Ebola as the epidemic continues to spread through west Africa.
News in Brief
- EU and Russia to hold new gas talks19'th @ 21:08
- Scottish leader Salmond to resign19'th @ 19:29
- Catalonia sticks to referendum plan after Scottish No19'th @ 13:28
- EU's 'Eastern Partnership' ministers stepping aside19'th @ 11:13
- EU welcomes Scottish vote outcome19'th @ 10:52
- Russian jets violate Swedish airspace19'th @ 09:59
- Russia complains of Lithuania 'provocations'19'th @ 09:59
- Stop TTIP announces court-case against EU commission19'th @ 09:29
- Catalonia to press ahead with referendum after Scottish No19'th @ 16:06
- OpinionScotland's referendum - nothing and everything changes19'th @ 15:04
- Cameron promises more devolution across UK19'th @ 09:32
- Ukraine says Europe at risk of 'terrible war'19'th @ 09:30
- Scotland chooses to stay in UK19'th @ 07:10
- Voting under way in Scottish independence referendum18'th @ 09:29
- Finnish PM faces backlash over Russia nuclear plant18'th @ 09:28
- OpinionEU asylum and war criminals: No place to hide18'th @ 08:50
- MEP Dita Charanzová: Hearing on EU-Russia Sanctions: Need for a new Trade Policy? 24 Sept - 13h00 P1A002
- EMHRN: UN Commission on Syria recognises dangers facing human rights defenders
- EU-ASE: Business leaders push the Danish Government for ambitious energy savings
- Oxfam: Back to school
- CESI: Event: Working Time Directive – new term, new impetus? 25 September 2014, 1pm-3pm
- Martens Centre: Economic Ideas Forum 2014, 16-17 Oct in Bratislava, register now!
- EBF: Tax Conference to review G20 talks on Automatic Exchange
- EuFoA: Basque Parliament recognizes Nagorno-Karabakh self-determination
- Europeche: EU fishing sector demands responsible and committed future Commissioner
- Eurocommerce: ECJ judgment on MasterCard: a great victory for EU consumers & retailers