01.08.14 @ 16:36
EU commission chief Jose Manuel Barroso's travel expenses in 2012 were almost three times as high as those of foreign policy chief Catherine Ashton.
28.07.14 @ 09:49
29.07.14 @ 16:10
28.07.14 @ 16:26
28.07.14 @ 10:14
31.07.14 @ 22:18
New EU sanctions will stop Russia's two top banks from buying debt, ban new arms exports and sales of oil-drilling kit, in the bloc's toughest step to date.
31.07.14 @ 17:22
The European Court of Human Rights has told Russia to pay €1.86 billion to the shareholders of the disbanded Yukos oil group.
31.07.14 @ 09:30
Israeli rocket fire on sleeping children at a school in Jabaliya refugee camp on Wednesday is a serious violation of international law, the United Nations has said.
31.07.14 @ 15:25
The incoming EU commission risks a start-up delay as male nominees for commissioner posts continue to roll in despite a plea for more women candidates.
31.07.14 @ 09:04
Russia has reacted angrily to EU sanctions, calling them a "senseless and irresponsible step" which would "inevitably" lead to a hike in energy prices.
30.07.14 @ 21:59
The EU has for the first time included three of Vladimir Putin's loyal oligarchs and his propaganda chief on an existing blacklist in response to Russia's continued "destabilisation" of Ukraine.
30.07.14 @ 19:17
The risk of Ebola reaching the EU is “extremely low” but the possibility cannot be ruled out entirely.
29.07.14 @ 19:52
EU ambassadors have approved the so-called stage three - economic sanctions - on Russia, expected to enter into force on Friday.
29.07.14 @ 09:28
The leaders of Britain, France, Germany, Italy and the US held a conference call on Monday and agreed to impose economic sanctions on Russia as it continues to support the war in eastern Ukraine.
28.07.14 @ 17:57
Hungary's PM has said he wants to build an illiberal state based on national foundations, citing Russia and China as examples.
30.07.14 @ 09:28
The US on Tuesday announced a widening of its own Russia sanctions to match the EU's economic sanctions adopted just a few hours previously.
30.07.14 @ 09:15
The British government has announced it will tighten benefits to unemployed migrants from the EU in plans that the European Commission has said it will examine closely.
29.07.14 @ 17:31
Senior officials in a former paramilitary group in Kosovo are to be indicted for war crimes and other crimes committed against humanity once a purpose-built court has been created.
28.07.14 @ 18:54
Several EU institutions are to be probed on their whistlerblower rules but the European Central Bank and the European Investment Bank will escape scrutiny.
News in Brief
- Romania nominates Dacian Ciolos for EU agriculture commissioner1'st @ 11:24
- Experts arrive at Malaysia flight crash site in Ukraine1'st @ 08:41
- Israel and Hamas agree to 72-hour ceasefire1'st @ 08:40
- Convention on violence against women enters into force1'st @ 08:38
- Italy nominates Mogherini for EU foreign policy post1'st @ 08:22
- Report: Poland nominates Sikorski for EU commission31'st @ 21:54
- Human rights court fines Russia €1.8bn31'st @ 10:37
- Sweden nominates Malmstrom for commissioner post31'st @ 10:36
- InvestigationBarroso tops commission travel expenses in 20121'st @ 16:36
- EU hits Russia's largest banks, imposes arms embargo31'st @ 22:18
- Russia ordered to pay €1.8bn by human rights court31'st @ 17:22
- New EU commission risks delay over gender issue31'st @ 15:25
- Israeli attack on school in Gaza is 'outrageous', says UN31'st @ 09:30
- Russia threatens Europe with higher energy prices31'st @ 09:04
- EU blacklists three Putin 'cronies'30'th @ 21:59
- Ebola risk in Europe 'extremely low'30'th @ 19:17
- EEAS: Statement on the downing of Malaysia Airlines flight. In memoriam of Pim de Kuijer
- IFSBH: Join our new initiative: People United for Spina Bifida and Hydrocephalus!
- ACCA: Supports a coherent EU Single Market as to the balance of competences in the UK
- EIPA: Preparing for New EPSO Competitions: Luxembourg, 08 September 2014
- EIPA: Tools for Implementation of EU Policies at National Level. Luxembourg, 22-25/ 09/ 2014
- EPHA: 5th Annual Conference 4-5 September 2014, Brussels | Register before 31st July
- Centre Maurits Coppieters: Launches a new youtube channel
- ACCA: Implementing the New European Accounting Directive: Making the right choices
- UNESDA: Impact of food taxes on public health inconclusive and contradictory as per EC study
- European Federalist Party: Juncker is the 1st elected European Commission President