Today @ 09:29
EU finance ministers have edged closer to a deal on how to wind up stricken banks, following 12 hours of talks in Brussels.
Today @ 09:00
09.12.13 @ 09:29
06.12.13 @ 09:22
Today @ 09:28
Riot police have attacked pro-EU protesters in Ukraine during a visit by EU foreign policy chief Catherine Ashton.
Today @ 10:20
The EU is knowingly paying Palestinian civil servants who have not worked in years, its spending watchdog says.
10.12.13 @ 20:03
Euro-deputies on Tuesday in Strasbourg rejected a proposal to ban bottom-sea trawling and bottom gillnetting.
Today @ 09:05
The Romanian parliament has exempted top politicians from corruption crimes, in a move which flies in the face of EU accords.
10.12.13 @ 20:15
Luxembourg and Austria came under attack on Tuesday after blocking plans to increase transparency in tax reporting.
10.12.13 @ 16:47
The European Parliament erupted in internal bickering on Tuesday after an alliance of right-wing MEPs managed to sweep a report on sexual and reproductive rights for women from the table.
10.12.13 @ 09:25
EU governments have agreed on reforms to stop social dumping and exploitation of people relocated to another member state by their employer on short-term contracts.
09.12.13 @ 15:03
EU foreign policy chief Catherine Ashton will travel to Kiev Tuesday to bring "clear EU messages" amid fears there will be more violence against protesters.
06.12.13 @ 18:28
Merkel has "no memory" of pressuring Spain on taking a bailout in 2011, as alleged in a book by former Spanish PM Zapatero.
06.12.13 @ 16:35
Former US intelligence contractor Snowden is to make a pre-recorded video appearance at the EU parliament later this month.
10.12.13 @ 09:29
After being fined for rate-fixing and convicted for deceiving customers, Deutsche Bank finds itself embroiled in a new scandal: hiring the offspring of Chinese politicians in return for contracts.
09.12.13 @ 10:32
The surprise world trade deal agreed over the weekend in Bali is expected to be a boost for strong exporting EU nations like Germany and Britain.
06.12.13 @ 17:57
The EU data protection regulation hit a setback on Friday after justice ministers backed off on a key component.
06.12.13 @ 09:29
The EU has given Ukraine a gift on Russian gas, amid fresh talks on an EU-Ukraine treaty.
News in Brief
- Naked Bruni pics used to hack European diplomats
- US official gives cookies to pro-EU protesters
- EU court dismisses case against Skype-Microsoft merger
- Dutch firm ends Israeli co-operation
- Romanian politicians should be accountable, says commission
- Ukraine deputy PM not coming to EU capital
- EU declines to enter "bidding" contest for Ukraine
- Czech parties agree coalition deal
- Greek government resumes troika talks
- Romania rejects Canadian gold mine project
- Ireland becomes first euro country to quit bailout programme
- Snowden to make video appearance at EU parliament
- EU gives up hope on Ukraine deal at Vilnius summit
- AnalysisEU and Ukraine: What went wrong?
- EU to Yanukovych: You are taking Ukraine 'nowhere'
- Seven EU states create military drone 'club'
- Malta free to sell EU citizenship, commission says
- OpinionRussia shows its hand on Karabakh
- EU and US warn Ukraine it risks going bust
- Italy and Spain close to breaking euro rules
Regions & Cities
- OpinionCities show leadership on Roma inclusion
- Economic governance tool to be part of regional aid
- Berlin citizens keen to buy their electricity grid
- German city flats are overpriced, says Bundesbank
- EU cohesion policy: 'No more business as usual'
- If you build it, will they come?
- Interview'National governments declining in importance'
- Brussels: An EU capital in the making
- Beja airport: A runway to nowhere?
- Bringing high speed internet to the 'middle of nowhere'
- EU looks to 'hybrid drones' for legal shortcut on migration
- MEPs approve EU border surveillance system
- 'Virtual borders' scheme to track every non-EU citizen
- Security industry is shaping EU legislation
- Private security firms cash in on guarding EU borders
- Private firms put price tag on migrant suicides
- Gaddafi-tainted firm scoops EU contract
- InvestigationEUobserver investigative reports
- InvestigationAbout Nikolaj Nielsen
- EU pays salaries of phantom workers in Palestine@ 10:20
- Ministers edge toward bank resolution deal after marathon talks@ 09:29
- Ukraine police attack protesters under Ashton's nose@ 09:28
- Romanian MPs decriminalise political corruption@ 09:05
- OpinionCities show leadership on Roma inclusion@ 09:00
- Austria and Luxembourg accused of undermining EU credibility10'th @ 20:15
- Euro-deputies reject ban on bottom-sea trawling10'th @ 20:03
- Parliament fails to pass report on women's reproductive rights10'th @ 16:47
- Fresh corruption scandal engulfs Deutsche Bank10'th @ 09:29
- Member states agree reforms on foreign worker rules10'th @ 09:25
- EERA: The Horizon is set for 2020: time for research & innovation to deliver
- EMHRN: Human Rights Day: govs stripping away freedom of assembly ?
- EIPA: Seminar: EU Law for Non-Lawyers, Luxembourg, 24-26/02/14
- EIPA: EU Environmental Law for Non-Lawyers, Luxembourg, 30-31/01/14
- EFA: Book on Minimum Standards of Care for COPD patients in the EU
- Counter Balance: Natural Capital: a fairytale with an unhappy ending
- Oxfam: Leaked EU document proves financial transaction tax is legal
- Birdlife: Wind farms: new report shows how to reduce environmental impact
- EMHRN: Israel’s Culture of Impunity: Nothing Less than Accountability!
- ECPA: Crop diversity, food safety and food security under threat in Europe
"I am only 22 and I am at the worst age of my life," says political science graduate Despina Papadaki.
- How the EU is losing its entire neighbourhoodInside Arab Spring
- After Vilnius: tough year aheadNeighbourhood
- What happened to the EU2020 strategy?Progressive Change
- This is a very dead horse - stop floggingAnother Look
- Facebook isn't our friendExposing Corporate Europe
- Moscow Never SleepsBelarus Reloaded
- The trouble with Europe’s big thinking? Europe’s big states.Super Commuter
- Don´t take their word for itAnother Look
- Eurasian Union's problem with Russian nationalismNeighbourhood
- COP 19: Walking about Warsaw in circlesGlobal challenges