10.03.14 @ 18:09
Polish leader Donald Tusk has said Germany should reduce its gas dependence on Russia for the sake of EU foreign policy.
10.03.14 @ 09:30
10.03.14 @ 09:28
07.03.14 @ 18:38
07.03.14 @ 08:58
10.03.14 @ 09:29
EU foreign affairs chief Catherine Ashton has offered to work more closely with Iran on human rights and drugs trafficking on her first visit to the country.
07.03.14 @ 17:56
EU centre-right leaders, including Merkel, have given the strongest support so far to Ukraine's hopes to one day join the EU.
07.03.14 @ 19:12
The centre-right EPP has chosen Juncker, an EU politics veteran and former head of the Eurogroup, as its top candidate for the European Commission.
10.03.14 @ 09:30
A group of MEPs have written to EU commission chief Barroso asking for the resignation of the Estonian commissioner, Siim Kallas, who is leading political negotiations for the Prime Minister post back home.
07.03.14 @ 19:04
Former US intelligence contractor Edward Snowden wants asylum in Europe.
06.03.14 @ 20:15
EU leaders have frozen talks on visa-free travel with Russia and threatened asset freezes and economic sanctions if the situation in Ukraine gets worse.
07.03.14 @ 09:19
Ukrainian opposition leaders Tymoshenko and Klitschko warned centre-right EU leaders against letting Russia invade their country.
07.03.14 @ 09:34
The ECB should scrap its target to keep price inflation at 2 percent, Nobel prize winning economist Joseph Stiglitz has said.
06.03.14 @ 12:55
MPs in Ukraine’s Russian-occupied Crimea said it should be part of Russia as EU leaders arrived for an emergency summit in Brussels.
06.03.14 @ 11:15
Italy and France were the major euro area countries put on the European Commission's economic "watch-list" over fears about high debt and deficit levels.
07.03.14 @ 09:28
Harsh treatment of people who expose corruption is a deterrent for others to step forward, says Transparency International.
06.03.14 @ 16:20
Ukraine’s interim leader has urged the UK and US to protect its territorial integrity, but indicated the Ukrainian army will not act unless Russian forces move beyond Crimea.
06.03.14 @ 09:40
EU countries are not expected to impose tough sanctions on Russia over Crimea when leaders meet on Thursday.
06.03.14 @ 09:27
European centre right leaders are gathering in Dublin for a two-day congress aimed at selecting their top candidate for the EU elections and showing support for the Ukrainian opposition.
News in Brief
- EPP think tank named after Wilfried Martens10'th @ 18:05
- Bayern chief admits tax evasion of €18m10'th @ 13:21
- Schulz-Juncker debates scheduled on German TV10'th @ 10:19
- Clegg: Britain cannot reform EU 'with one foot out the door'10'th @ 09:33
- Tax cuts will not breach Italy's EU deficit limit, says PM10'th @ 09:32
- Troika calls for more transparency in Greece10'th @ 09:32
- Ukraine could sign EU agreement this month10'th @ 09:31
- Juncker elected EPP's top candidate for commission presidency7'th @ 16:01
- Poland urges Germany to buy less Russian gas10'th @ 18:09
- Estonian commissioner criticised for political campaign10'th @ 09:30
- EU ElectionsRomanian elite's relatives and friends run as MEPs10'th @ 09:30
- EU ElectionsLiberals unveil new Monti-backed Italian coalition10'th @ 09:29
- Ashton looks to closer EU ties on Iran visit10'th @ 09:29
- AgendaUkraine, data protection, and troika in spotlight this WEEK10'th @ 09:28
- EU ElectionsJuncker elected centre-right's top EU candidate7'th @ 19:12
- Edward Snowden wants asylum in EU7'th @ 19:04
- COFACE: and COFACE-Disability on the occasion of International Women’s Day
- Irradiare: EU workshop on biomethane – markets, value chains and applications
- Counter Balance: Take a virtual lobby tour through the heart of the EU
- EMHRN: International Women’s Day: Violence rises, impunity prevails
- EuFoA: Latest paper "EU-Armenia relations: future developments & prospects" published
- Greenpeace: EU energy ministers should get back in the saddle on climate & energy policy
- SUPERHUB: Join us at CeBIT 2014 Hannover the largest fair showcasing IT and telecom solutions
- COFACE: Less than 100 days to go to #EP2014. Need more info ? Sign up for #FamiliesVOTE2014
- EMHRN: Syrian Rights Groups to the Human Rights Council: Stop Violence against Women in Syria!
- EIPA: Efficiency and Quality of Justice Luxembourg, 27-28 March 2014