16.09.14 @ 12:43
The biggest post-independence decision for Edinburgh will be whether to apply for EU membership and with it, access to the single market.
18.07.14 @ 09:21
08.07.14 @ 09:19
27.06.14 @ 09:02
11.09.14 @ 08:39
If the Ukraine ceasefire sticks and the Russia war ends here, it poses the question: who won?
05.09.14 @ 09:26
Now that the ECB has almost entirely emptied its toolbox, the pressing question is: will it help?
01.09.14 @ 09:17
It is the differences in the way the United States and Europe tackled the global financial crisis that explains why the US economy is recovering, whereas the eurozone is amid a lost decade.
08.09.14 @ 10:11
Past Sakharov winners have complained to EU institutions about European pressure on Palestine not to join the International Criminal Court.
03.09.14 @ 08:31
As Nato leader gather in Wales, Human Rights Watch says there has never been a worse moment to walk away from Afghanistan’s women.
29.08.14 @ 09:28
The decision will be taken this week: Who will be the successor to Catherine Ashton, the quasi foreign minister of the EU?
28.08.14 @ 16:29
Half a decade after the financial crisis, the US is recovering, but Europe is suffering a lost decade. Why?
29.07.14 @ 16:10
Supporting a king in Libya may be the only way to reduce the flow of migrants risking their lives crossing the Mediterranean.
22.07.14 @ 18:21
Giving defensive names to Israeli military operations does not hide their offensive nature. The only way to end the cycle of violence is to end the occupation.
24.07.14 @ 14:36
The root causes of Roma exclusion must be addressed including systemic failures in the delivery of mainstream services, like education, housing, infrastructure, health and employment.
11.08.14 @ 09:19
The shooting down of the Malaysian Airlines flight reinforces the point that the security of citizens outside state borders is to be framed as a central issue in 21st century security policy.
28.07.14 @ 16:26
Is the EU truly committed to encouraging compliance with international law?
21.07.14 @ 09:44
How many people - whether Ukrainian or non-Ukrainian - have to die, before the West faces up to the realities of Putin's war?
18.07.14 @ 09:27
As Israel launches Gaza ground offensive, a former Sakharov laureate calls for EU countries to impose real pressure on Israel to end 47 years of occupation.
News in Brief
- EU jobs summit cancelled17'th @ 16:15
- Property markets boom in Estonia, Ireland and UK17'th @ 15:11
- Belgium may get first female prime minister17'th @ 08:46
- French government wins confidence vote17'th @ 08:45
- Spain's commissioner candidate sells oil shares17'th @ 08:45
- EU welcomes migrant tragedy investigation17'th @ 08:44
- European Ombudsman to be elected in January17'th @ 08:43
- EU and Ukrainian parliaments ratify treaty16'th @ 12:38
- MEPs critical of 'underfunded' EU youth employment plan17'th @ 20:52
- EP gears itself up for hearings of new commissioners17'th @ 17:04
- FeatureScotland prepares for life after referendum17'th @ 09:57
- Most Malta boat victims were Gaza refugees17'th @ 09:26
- FocusUS and UK universities top world rankings17'th @ 09:20
- Ukraine gives rebels 'special status', ratifies EU treaty16'th @ 15:22
- EU struggling to cope with Russia food ban16'th @ 13:26
- OpinionThe road ahead for an independent Scotland16'th @ 12:43
- CESI: Event: Working Time Directive – new term, new impetus? 25 September 2014, 1pm-3pm
- Martens Centre: Economic Ideas Forum 2014, 16-17 Oct in Bratislava, register now!
- EBF: Tax Conference to review G20 talks on Automatic Exchange
- EuFoA: Basque Parliament recognizes Nagorno-Karabakh self-determination
- Europeche: EU fishing sector demands responsible and committed future Commissioner
- Eurocommerce: ECJ judgment on MasterCard: a great victory for EU consumers & retailers
- ACCA: The new Commission has the right credentials for the challenges faced by the EU
- Counter Balance: What perspectives on the Project Bond Initiative
- EBF: EBF statement on the Juncker Commission
- Counter Balance: Corporate interest on way to win over the EU banks transparency policy