14.04.14 @ 14:30
All EU institutions co-operated positively on an upcoming EU integrity study, with one striking exception – the EU parliament.
31.03.14 @ 18:06
07.03.14 @ 18:38
11.02.14 @ 12:31
06.02.14 @ 08:50
14.04.14 @ 09:21
The European election is largely absent from the French public sphere, but the same cannot be said for hate speech. The only ones to profit from this electoral silence are extreme parties.
09.04.14 @ 18:24
Unless the EU adopts a much higher target than the pitifully weak proposed 40 percent, the result will be a chain reaction of even weaker commitments from other countries.
31.03.14 @ 09:14
Europe is welcoming President Xi to Brussels for free trade talks, while London and Frankfurt step up internal rivalry to become China’s financial beachhead in Europe.
11.04.14 @ 09:29
Both sides – Africa and Europe – want to work together but seemingly struggle at times to understand the concerns and actions of the other.
01.04.14 @ 09:09
Europe needs to move away from paternalism and humanitarianism while African states must cease to wield Europe’s guilty past for leverage.
28.03.14 @ 18:33
At its September summit in Cardiff Nato should open its doors to Bosnia, Georgia, Macedonia and Montenegro, writes the Lithuanian foreign minister.
31.03.14 @ 08:30
The European Union’s awkward efforts to shape events in Ukraine yield one undeniable lesson: the EU must learn to think and act strategically.
28.03.14 @ 09:18
The EU's banking union may turn into a self-fulfilling prophecy, instilling the idea that more banks will fail in the future, but without the necessary firepower to prevent it.
26.03.14 @ 13:16
As EU officials and Obama knuckle down on Russia, the summit should not forget another issue: US drone killings, which claimed more than 2,500 lives since Obama took office.
22.03.14 @ 20:48
Putin has miscalculated many parts of his Crimea plan, but he seems to have counted right on a weak reaction by Western powers.
28.03.14 @ 16:51
In 2007, euroscepticism was a British issue. It isn't any more.
27.03.14 @ 10:09
Georgia's former leader, Mikheil Saakashvili, has been advised not to answer prosecutor's questions in Tbilisi today in case the process causes a train wreck in EU relations.
26.03.14 @ 11:15
Turkey will hold local elections at the weekend. A big win for the governing party is likely to embolden the increasingly autocratic prime minister.
19.03.14 @ 09:18
The EU commission’s much-awaited “rule of law mechanism” needs some improvements if it is to bring about real results.
News in Brief
- Court clears Anglo-Irish boss17'th @ 09:26
- Juncker wants politicians in EU commission, not bureaucrats17'th @ 09:26
- Nato increases military presence in eastern Europe17'th @ 09:26
- EU and Switzerland edging closer to free movement deal17'th @ 09:25
- MEPs back cross-border pension rights16'th @ 10:01
- Industry wary of new EU rules on lorry design16'th @ 10:01
- Ukip leader 'taking legal advice' on expenses allegations16'th @ 10:00
- French MEP recalls trips to see porn films16'th @ 10:00
- Russia and China forge closer ties, as EU explores sanctions17'th @ 09:29
- Europe faces worst human rights 'crisis' in decades17'th @ 09:29
- MEPs upset over Schulz's double role as president and candidate17'th @ 09:25
- EU countries to boost defence budgets in light of Ukraine16'th @ 09:29
- EU parliament gives final nod to banking union16'th @ 09:21
- EU ElectionsGerman centre-right election posters show Merkel, not Juncker16'th @ 09:15
- Regional unemployment highest in Spain16'th @ 09:14
- OpinionLearning from the past: EU aid in the Eastern Partnership16'th @ 07:41
- ACCA: European Parliament backs non financial reporting deals
- CESI: TTIP: Fears of the Unknown, Registration for CESI@noon lunch debate on Mon 28th April
- ThinkYoung: We want to listen your opinion on youth unemployment & skills mismatch
- EIPA: Summer School on EU law & its Implementation, Luxembourg, 30/06 until 11/07
- EIPA: The Infringement Procedure under Articles 258 & 260 TFEU - Luxembourg 19-20/06/14
- ACCA: New rules to improve shareholder engagement and corporate governance reporting
- European Youth Forum: Open letter to EU bodies, MS and CoE on the situation in Ukraine
- Oxfam: European overseas aid slightly increases but lags behind global trend
- EUA: Changing Landscapes in Learning and Teaching’: Report from the Annual Conference
- Regione Puglia: Capacity building course for regional officers on EU decision-making: 7-11/04