11.08.14 @ 09:19
The shooting down of the Malaysian Airlines flight reinforces the point that the security of citizens outside state borders is to be framed as a central issue in 21st century security policy.
18.07.14 @ 09:21
08.07.14 @ 09:19
27.06.14 @ 09:02
29.07.14 @ 16:10
Supporting a king in Libya may be the only way to reduce the flow of migrants risking their lives crossing the Mediterranean.
22.07.14 @ 18:21
Giving defensive names to Israeli military operations does not hide their offensive nature. The only way to end the cycle of violence is to end the occupation.
24.07.14 @ 14:36
The root causes of Roma exclusion must be addressed including systemic failures in the delivery of mainstream services, like education, housing, infrastructure, health and employment.
28.07.14 @ 16:26
Is the EU truly committed to encouraging compliance with international law?
21.07.14 @ 09:44
How many people - whether Ukrainian or non-Ukrainian - have to die, before the West faces up to the realities of Putin's war?
18.07.14 @ 09:27
As Israel launches Gaza ground offensive, a former Sakharov laureate calls for EU countries to impose real pressure on Israel to end 47 years of occupation.
16.07.14 @ 19:09
As long as the treatment of Roma is influenced by political expediency and negative attitudes, Europe’s legitimacy at home and abroad is in question
16.07.14 @ 08:47
Kosovo is still a new and fragile democracy so the current post-election politicking by Hashim Thaci is damaging the country.
15.07.14 @ 08:52
Th essence of democracy is that we can go to the polls and elect a new majority, a new government and new laws. The EU is not a democracy.
08.07.14 @ 09:43
Tackling tax havens and tax avoidance must be a core priority. Jean-Claude Juncker, as European Commission president nominee, needs to be clear how he plans to address this.
16.07.14 @ 08:32
Nato membership could very well be more of a cost than a benefit in 2014.
13.07.14 @ 15:07
Market fundamentalists are testing something even more dangerous than privatisation of public goods in Greece; public workers now face arrest for being on strike.
14.07.14 @ 18:16
Research indicates that the inflow of migrants from Ukraine, Belarus and Moldova - even after visa liberalisation - will be modest.
02.07.14 @ 09:17
A review of the EU's anti-money laundering law is to be finalised this autumn. With the EP and member states at odds on key parts of the directive, much is at stake.
News in Brief
- Lithuanian TV reluctant to show LGBT rights ad@ 09:17
- Italy approves arming Kurds, as Renzi visits Iraq@ 09:16
- Germany ready to arm Iraqi Kurds@ 09:15
- North Sea oil disputed in Scottish referendum campaign@ 09:14
- Galileo launches two more satellites@ 09:14
- Ukrainian parliament to ratify EU deal in September@ 08:08
- Commission to decide on Polish WTO claim in 'coming weeks'20'th @ 17:43
- Russian food ban could cost EU €6.7bn, ING forecasts20'th @ 14:10
- Scottish EU membership 'not in serious doubt'@ 09:28
- Russia relaxes EU food ban, counts costs@ 09:27
- Poland demands WTO challenge over Russia food ban20'th @ 07:45
- Tobacco lobbying warped EU law, British scientists 'prove'20'th @ 07:37
- EU justice chief criticises Google on 'right to be forgotten'19'th @ 09:30
- Merkel sets limits to Nato solidarity with Baltic states19'th @ 09:21
- AnalysisWhat the leaked EU-Canada trade paper means for TTIP18'th @ 17:47
- EU sets aside €125mn to stabilise food prices18'th @ 17:29
- EuFoA: Tension rises in Nagorno-Karabakh as ceasefire negotiations are underway
- EEAS: Statement on the downing of Malaysia Airlines flight. In memoriam of Pim de Kuijer
- IFSBH: Join our new initiative: People United for Spina Bifida and Hydrocephalus!
- ACCA: Supports a coherent EU Single Market as to the balance of competences in the UK
- EIPA: Preparing for New EPSO Competitions: Luxembourg, 08 September 2014
- EIPA: Tools for Implementation of EU Policies at National Level. Luxembourg, 22-25/ 09/ 2014
- EPHA: 5th Annual Conference 4-5 September 2014, Brussels
- Centre Maurits Coppieters: Launches a new youtube channel
- ACCA: Implementing the New European Accounting Directive: Making the right choices
- UNESDA: Impact of food taxes on public health inconclusive and contradictory as per EC study