18.12.14 @ 21:07
The EU's former ambassador to Turkey says the recent dispute over media arrests is a blip in relations governed by deep economic and security concerns.
16.12.14 @ 10:45
09.12.14 @ 07:28
28.11.14 @ 16:31
11.11.14 @ 17:56
18.12.14 @ 09:28
The EU parliament vote on Palestine recognition should stimulate new debate in national parliaments who have not yet voted on the issue.
15.12.14 @ 18:46
With modest economic growth, zero inflation, and declining public and private investments, European leaders are desperately trying to find ways to grow.
15.12.14 @ 09:20
Europe is ailing. In no other place is this more clear than in Brussels, the heart of Europe, where Belgians are reluctant to accept the neoliberal austerity measures of their new government.
15.12.14 @ 20:06
Failure to act to introduce financial transparency - such as in the currently-discussed anti-money laundering directive - will mean Europeans have not learned any lessons from the LuxLeaks.
15.12.14 @ 11:40
Russia needs to come to terms with its past - what the Germans call Vergangenheitsbewaltigung - before it can have a constructive future in Europe.
08.12.14 @ 16:53
Resource efficiency is in danger of slipping off the EU’s agenda with a key law on the issue up for the chop under the EU commission's new red-tape-cutting drive.
05.12.14 @ 10:26
Why the best ideas are sometimes the most dangerous: ceding ground to Putin will not make him stop.
04.12.14 @ 09:21
All Bosnian politicians have declared their commitment to European integration. This remains true despite the growing influence of Russia and its anti-EU course following the events in Ukraine.
03.12.14 @ 09:06
The new trio of EU leaders has a chance to make a difference on foreign policy after five years of stagnation despite the Lisbon Treaty's promises.
01.12.14 @ 17:59
The perception among the general public is that the wrong incentives are driving policy decisions at the expense of the public interest.
08.12.14 @ 09:21
Germany is popular when respondents focussed on work, however, Sweden came out top for raising children, according to a recent survey.
03.12.14 @ 13:33
Institutions matter more than personalities in the Iran talks. Ashton did a good job, but it's time for the EU to show it has faith in its new foreign policy chief by giving the Iran job to Mogherini.
02.12.14 @ 09:10
The set-up of EU commission president Juncker's new investment fund is legal but it does not make for sound public finance.
01.12.14 @ 08:55
The EU's charter of fundamental rights is turning five years old yet there is still some uncertainty in member states about when it applies.
News in Brief
- Dutch coalition saved by deal on health bill@ 01:27
- Irish PM pressures ECB to show up at inquiry@ 01:26
- Merkel: We never created laws favouring big corporations@ 00:11
- Germany wants 'successful' presidentials in Greece@ 00:10
- Luxembourg agrees to share tax secrets18'th @ 22:44
- Belgium adds 10 years to lifespan of 30-year-old reactors18'th @ 22:43
- Tusk gets his way with one-day summit18'th @ 20:47
- Schulz: Unclear if investment fund ready by June18'th @ 17:54
- Merkel: EU strategy is to maintain Russia sanctions@ 01:36
- TTIP by end of 2015, EU leaders pledge@ 01:34
- EU leaders want 'urgent' action on investment fund18'th @ 22:29
- OpinionEU-Turkey ties will survive war of words18'th @ 21:07
- Court crushes EU plan to join human rights convention18'th @ 18:36
- Dutch PM misses EU summit to save coalition18'th @ 18:23
- Russian economic turmoil to last two years18'th @ 18:14
- EU's Crimea sanctions to give Putin new headache18'th @ 13:33
- Jan Philipp Albrecht: Study on Data Retention after the Judgement of the Court of Justice of the European Union
- Cecilia Wikström: EU Governments must come clean on CIA torture programme
- Tonino Picula: Georgia needs support of the European Union today!
- Michael Theurer: Noch mehr Schulden sind nicht der Ausweg aus der Schuldenfalle!
- Eva Paunova: Granted JA-YE and AmCham EU Youth Entrepreneurship Award
- Tonino Picula: The youngest European state deserves future in EU, I said to FMA after visiting Kosovo
- Eva Paunova: Meets US Chief negotiator on TTIP during diplomatic visit in Washington DC
- Jerzy Buzek: Congratulations to the town Kisielice for winning the EU 2014 ManagEnergy Award
- Victor Negrescu: S&D40 members meeting with the leader of the S&D Group, Gianni Pitella
- Jan Philipp Albrecht: Digital market/Google: MEPs fail to focus consumer rights and net neutrality
- Carbon Market Watch: Report shows carbon offsets from Alberta’s tar sands jeopardize EU fuel rules
- Counter Balance: Juncker's investment offensive targets dodgy projects, new stories everyday
- EBF: Downward trend in bank robberies continues
- EBF: Adoption of fourth EU Anti-Money Laundering Directive
- European Federalist Party: Results of the Lima Conference
- COFACE: News - December 2014
- Oxfam: EU executives’ fixation with private sector compromises commitment to poor people
- Martens Centre: 5 reasons why the end of South Stream should mark the start of Energy Union
- Dialogue Platform: Calls for release of journalists detained in Turkey
- EMHRN: Egypt: Const. Committee Testify to Baselessness of Charges in Shura Council Case