28.10.14 @ 11:34
Rampant corruption in Greece is undermining the country's frail economy recovery.
30.10.14 @ 09:28
08.10.14 @ 08:23
24.09.14 @ 17:36
16.09.14 @ 12:43
23.10.14 @ 09:24
Israel's ex-ambassador to South Africa tells EUobserver his country is on "the slippery slope of apartheid" by destroying prospects for a Palestinian state.
20.10.14 @ 10:58
The focus in Ukraine is shifting back from war or peace to the country’s internal malaise - the time has come for real reforms.
15.10.14 @ 09:36
Cameron has made the UK look like an annoying younger sibling, constantly harassing the EU to get its way, stomping its feet and issuing empty threats.
22.10.14 @ 18:35
EU migration will be the key battle in the UK election next year. Polls show that immigration is the number one issue for British voters; they care about it more than the economy. So what will David Cameron's approach be?
15.10.14 @ 18:12
It is heartening to see the Parliament scrutinizing potential conflicts of interest at the Commission so forcefully, but how good is the Parliament at ensuring the private interests of its own members?
13.10.14 @ 10:00
Croatia should have performed an environmental impact risk assessment before it allowed seismic exploration in the Adriatic Sea.
03.10.14 @ 08:55
London PR firms are working for the daughter of Uzbek dictator Karimov after she fell from grace, but what about EU support for the silent victims of his regime?
29.09.14 @ 16:09
The recent choice of Polish Prime Minister Donald Tusk as the next president of the European Council is an auspicious sign.
23.09.14 @ 15:23
The outcome of the Scottish independence referendum may indirectly influence the EU and the eurozone’s functioning.
23.09.14 @ 09:07
Without a diplomatic solution, the sanctions against Russia will have an adverse impact on its economy, but could also push Europe to a triple-dip recession.
30.09.14 @ 17:46
The European Commission’s recent decision to open infringement proceedings against the Czech Republic for its policy of discriminating against Roma school children is a milestone.
29.09.14 @ 09:18
Hundreds of parliamentarians are gathering in Rome on Monday in a bid to improve parliamentary oversight of EU policy-making, but they need to sort of their internal disagreements first.
23.09.14 @ 09:07
Transparency, once a 'conditio sine qua non' for democracy and good governance, is suffering a clear backlash in Europe.
19.09.14 @ 15:04
Scottish people voted with a decisive majority against independence but the conversation in the UK has only just begun. And the EU will be listening closely
News in Brief
- Poland wants 'strong, active' German army30'th @ 16:27
- EU taking Kosovo mission allegations 'seriously'30'th @ 13:01
- Barroso not putting pressure on Kiev in gas talks, EU says30'th @ 13:01
- Russia seeks EU-Ukraine gas payment contract30'th @ 13:01
- Colombia and Peru pass EU criteria for visa-free access30'th @ 09:24
- Germany's largest lender in profit loss over scandals30'th @ 09:24
- Cameron under pressure on migrant backlogs30'th @ 09:24
- Sweden to recognise Palestine on Thursday30'th @ 09:23
- EU mission in Kosovo rocked by corruption allegations30'th @ 19:27
- Oettinger stirs controversy ahead of new role as digital commissioner30'th @ 18:29
- France denies warship delivery, as Russian bombers skirt EU airspace30'th @ 09:57
- EU-brokered gas talks bedevilled by ‘lack of trust’30'th @ 09:29
- EU citizens overestimate immigrant numbers, survey shows30'th @ 09:28
- OpinionHas the EU lost the ability to enact sanctions?30'th @ 09:28
- Spain and Netherlands among countries to buy way to green targets29'th @ 19:02
- From Borgen to Brussels: Who is the new EU competition commissioner?29'th @ 18:24
- European Jewish Congress: Sweden recognition of Palestinian State merely adds fuel to already enflamed Middle East
- EFA: Catalonia decides on 9N ! Support EFA campaign for democracy and freedom.
- European School Net: Europe needs to boost the E-skills to tap the job creation potential of ICT
- European School Net: European government agencies & industry combine to combat bullying
- EIPA: European Union Civil Service Law, Brussels, 27-28 November 2014
- Xinhua News Agency: Winners of the WMS Global Awards for Excellence announced
- EGBA: Want to know how the EU online betting industry fights match-fixing?
- Martens Centre: Has Euromaidan Transformed the Ukrainian Political Landscape? Register now!
- EN.DELFI: Floating LNG terminal "Independence" sails into Lithuania
- EBF: Comprehensive assessment shows robust European banking sector