22.07.14 @ 18:21
Giving defensive names to Israeli military operations does not hide their offensive nature. The only way to end the cycle of violence is to end the occupation.
18.07.14 @ 09:21
08.07.14 @ 09:19
27.06.14 @ 09:02
18.06.14 @ 09:23
21.07.14 @ 09:44
How many people - whether Ukrainian or non-Ukrainian - have to die, before the West faces up to the realities of Putin's war?
18.07.14 @ 09:27
As Israel launches Gaza ground offensive, a former Sakharov laureate calls for EU countries to impose real pressure on Israel to end 47 years of occupation.
16.07.14 @ 08:32
Nato membership could very well be more of a cost than a benefit in 2014.
24.07.14 @ 14:36
The root causes of Roma exclusion must be addressed including systemic failures in the delivery of mainstream services, like education, housing, infrastructure, health and employment.
16.07.14 @ 19:09
As long as the treatment of Roma is influenced by political expediency and negative attitudes, Europe’s legitimacy at home and abroad is in question
16.07.14 @ 08:47
Kosovo is still a new and fragile democracy so the current post-election politicking by Hashim Thaci is damaging the country.
13.07.14 @ 15:07
Market fundamentalists are testing something even more dangerous than privatisation of public goods in Greece; public workers now face arrest for being on strike.
14.07.14 @ 18:16
Research indicates that the inflow of migrants from Ukraine, Belarus and Moldova - even after visa liberalisation - will be modest.
02.07.14 @ 09:17
A review of the EU's anti-money laundering law is to be finalised this autumn. With the EP and member states at odds on key parts of the directive, much is at stake.
30.06.14 @ 13:44
The EU is preparing to upgrade relations with Kazakhstan, despite its promises to push for reform and Astana's backsliding on human rights.
15.07.14 @ 08:52
Th essence of democracy is that we can go to the polls and elect a new majority, a new government and new laws. The EU is not a democracy.
08.07.14 @ 09:43
Tackling tax havens and tax avoidance must be a core priority. Jean-Claude Juncker, as European Commission president nominee, needs to be clear how he plans to address this.
02.07.14 @ 09:11
The EU today 'celebrates' a sad anniversary: It is six since it proposed a landmark law on non-discrimination, which has remains mothballed ever since.
27.06.14 @ 09:23
Neither Russia's political and economic pressure, nor direct military intervention, have managed to compete with Europe’s soft power.
News in Brief
- Russia faces $50bn fine@ 09:19
- Ukraine conflict may nudge Poland towards euro@ 09:19
- US satellite photos show Russia rocket fire into Ukraine@ 09:17
- Gaza child injury toll nears 2,000@ 09:16
- Obama calls for Gaza ceasefire@ 09:16
- Dutch to send unarmed police to monitor crash site25'th @ 09:29
- Boat migrant death toll around 80025'th @ 09:28
- US says Russia fired artillery into Ukraine25'th @ 09:27
- AnalysisFrom trade tariffs to trust – TTIP a year on@ 10:14
- Multi-billion losses expected from Russia sanctions@ 09:49
- Banking union faces legal challenge in Germany@ 09:28
- EU blacklist sheds light on Putin's rag-tag Ukraine army26'th @ 19:21
- AnalysisEU sanctions on Russia hurt more than it seems25'th @ 18:59
- EU to hit Russia with economic sanctions next week25'th @ 17:14
- Poll: French most pessimistic about economic future25'th @ 16:57
- German, Dutch firms ready to take hit from Russia sanctions25'th @ 09:25
- EEAS: Statement on the downing of Malaysia Airlines flight. In memoriam of Pim de Kuijer
- IFSBH: Join our new initiative: People United for Spina Bifida and Hydrocephalus!
- ACCA: Supports a coherent EU Single Market as to the balance of competences in the UK
- EIPA: Preparing for New EPSO Competitions: Luxembourg, 08 September 2014
- EIPA: Tools for Implementation of EU Policies at National Level. Luxembourg, 22-25/ 09/ 2014
- EPHA: 5th Annual Conference 4-5 September 2014, Brussels | Register before 31st July
- Centre Maurits Coppieters: Launches a new youtube channel
- ACCA: Implementing the New European Accounting Directive: Making the right choices
- UNESDA: Impact of food taxes on public health inconclusive and contradictory as per EC study
- European Federalist Party: Juncker is the 1st elected European Commission President