23.10.14 @ 09:24
Israel's ex-ambassador to South Africa tells EUobserver his country is on "the slippery slope of apartheid" by destroying prospects for a Palestinian state.
09.10.14 @ 09:16
08.10.14 @ 08:23
24.09.14 @ 17:36
16.09.14 @ 12:43
22.10.14 @ 18:35
EU migration will be the key battle in the UK election next year. Polls show that immigration is the number one issue for British voters; they care about it more than the economy. So what will David Cameron's approach be?
15.10.14 @ 18:12
It is heartening to see the Parliament scrutinizing potential conflicts of interest at the Commission so forcefully, but how good is the Parliament at ensuring the private interests of its own members?
13.10.14 @ 10:00
Croatia should have performed an environmental impact risk assessment before it allowed seismic exploration in the Adriatic Sea.
20.10.14 @ 10:58
The focus in Ukraine is shifting back from war or peace to the country’s internal malaise - the time has come for real reforms.
15.10.14 @ 09:36
Cameron has made the UK look like an annoying younger sibling, constantly harassing the EU to get its way, stomping its feet and issuing empty threats.
03.10.14 @ 08:55
London PR firms are working for the daughter of Uzbek dictator Karimov after she fell from grace, but what about EU support for the silent victims of his regime?
30.09.14 @ 17:46
The European Commission’s recent decision to open infringement proceedings against the Czech Republic for its policy of discriminating against Roma school children is a milestone.
29.09.14 @ 09:18
Hundreds of parliamentarians are gathering in Rome on Monday in a bid to improve parliamentary oversight of EU policy-making, but they need to sort of their internal disagreements first.
23.09.14 @ 09:07
Transparency, once a 'conditio sine qua non' for democracy and good governance, is suffering a clear backlash in Europe.
19.09.14 @ 15:04
Scottish people voted with a decisive majority against independence but the conversation in the UK has only just begun. And the EU will be listening closely
29.09.14 @ 16:09
The recent choice of Polish Prime Minister Donald Tusk as the next president of the European Council is an auspicious sign.
23.09.14 @ 15:23
The outcome of the Scottish independence referendum may indirectly influence the EU and the eurozone’s functioning.
23.09.14 @ 09:07
Without a diplomatic solution, the sanctions against Russia will have an adverse impact on its economy, but could also push Europe to a triple-dip recession.
22.09.14 @ 09:54
Migrants of second or third generation residing in many European countries are in search of their identity – torn between the culture their ancestors come from and environment they grew up in.
News in Brief
- Report: 25 banks to fail ECB stress tests24'th @ 20:07
- Renzi contradicts Cameron on 'lethal weapon' quote24'th @ 18:09
- Cameron 'angry' over extra EU bill of €2bn24'th @ 15:01
- Ice-cold relations inside the ECB: report24'th @ 09:01
- Soros: EU has lost its way24'th @ 09:00
- European bank stress tests to reveal small problems: report24'th @ 08:59
- Beer and wine fuelled EU climate deal24'th @ 08:57
- No comment from Barroso on extra €2 billion from UK24'th @ 03:32
- Van Rompuy and Barroso leave EU stage with porcelain plates24'th @ 20:13
- Draghi warns eurozone leaders on recession 'relapse'24'th @ 20:09
- Hungary's Orban stonewalls US corruption allegations24'th @ 18:04
- UN welcomes EU climate deal24'th @ 16:58
- Cameron vows to reject €2 billion EU bill24'th @ 16:16
- Cameron slapped with new €2bn EU bill24'th @ 09:47
- Cyprus seeks harsh EU statement on Turkey24'th @ 09:29
- Renzi stirs up EU row ahead of eurozone meeting24'th @ 09:27
- EuroCommerce: New Commission offers fresh approach, but over-ambitious portfolio casts shadow
- EN.DELFI: How Russia wages hybrid energy war against Lithuania
- Oxfam: Europe must review climate targets after weak climate package deal
- Red Cross: A humanitarian approach within the EU Migration Agenda: 20 November @ EESC
- Counter Balance: Thousands urge the EU Commission to ditch biodiversity offsetting
- Oxfam: Bolder EU response needed to help stop Ebola spiralling out of control
- CESI: Ebola requires action: CESI demands full protection of healthcare workers at risk
- EGBA: Want to know how the EU online betting industry fights match-fixing?
- Access Now: Commissioners hearings: The many faces of Digital in the new Commission
- CESI: Taxation at the heart of the crisis, CESI Europe Academy discusses #TaxinEU