23.04.14 @ 09:03
Students in the EU who love Erasmus should vote twice: once for their party, and once for the MEPs in their party who support the exchange scheme.
31.03.14 @ 18:06
07.03.14 @ 18:38
11.02.14 @ 12:31
06.02.14 @ 08:50
23.04.14 @ 14:14
The new Ukrainian government has just made a u-turn on protecting gay rights and the European Commission is playing along.
22.04.14 @ 09:10
The question asked to EU voters will therefore no longer be "Are you for or against Europe?", but "What kind of Europe do you want?".
14.04.14 @ 14:30
All EU institutions co-operated positively on an upcoming EU integrity study, with one striking exception – the EU parliament.
22.04.14 @ 16:37
The EU vote in Hungary is set to see a strong tussle for second place between the far-right Jobbik party and a coalition of leftist parties.
16.04.14 @ 07:41
Ukraine, in particular, badly needs effective external aid. But EU aid for reforms in Eastern Partnership countries has so far failed to bring tangible results.
14.04.14 @ 09:21
The European election is largely absent from the French public sphere, but the same cannot be said for hate speech. The only ones to profit from this electoral silence are extreme parties.
11.04.14 @ 09:29
Both sides – Africa and Europe – want to work together but seemingly struggle at times to understand the concerns and actions of the other.
01.04.14 @ 09:09
Europe needs to move away from paternalism and humanitarianism while African states must cease to wield Europe’s guilty past for leverage.
28.03.14 @ 18:33
At its September summit in Cardiff Nato should open its doors to Bosnia, Georgia, Macedonia and Montenegro, writes the Lithuanian foreign minister.
28.03.14 @ 16:51
In 2007, euroscepticism was a British issue. It isn't any more.
09.04.14 @ 18:24
Unless the EU adopts a much higher target than the pitifully weak proposed 40 percent, the result will be a chain reaction of even weaker commitments from other countries.
31.03.14 @ 09:14
Europe is welcoming President Xi to Brussels for free trade talks, while London and Frankfurt step up internal rivalry to become China’s financial beachhead in Europe.
31.03.14 @ 08:30
The European Union’s awkward efforts to shape events in Ukraine yield one undeniable lesson: the EU must learn to think and act strategically.
28.03.14 @ 09:18
The EU's banking union may turn into a self-fulfilling prophecy, instilling the idea that more banks will fail in the future, but without the necessary firepower to prevent it.
News in Brief
- Grillo movement closes in on Italian PM's party: poll@ 11:06
- Scottish choice of monetary system crucial, says ratings agency@ 09:37
- Russia invites EU for gas talks@ 09:17
- Juncker promises fair deal for Britain@ 09:14
- Deutsche Bank under pressure to raise capital@ 09:13
- Thousands of expats leave Spain@ 09:13
- Portuguese bond yield falls to record low@ 09:11
- Eurozone deficit rates fall within 3 percent EU limit23'rd @ 17:31
- Complex rules make EU vulnerable to corruption, says report@ 10:56
- EU ElectionsAnti-euro talk spreads in Italy@ 09:28
- Turkish PM offers 'condolences' to Armenia over WWI killings@ 09:12
- Greek records first surplus as EU moves closer to balanced budgets23'rd @ 17:38
- OpinionEU and Ukraine: too busy to protect gay rights?23'rd @ 14:14
- EU ElectionsEU elections may strengthen Putin in Europe23'rd @ 09:29
- Italian right calls for end to migrant rescue programme23'rd @ 09:29
- US to send 600 troops to Baltics, Poland amid Ukraine tensions23'rd @ 09:16
- IrRADIARE: Energaia launches a sustainability observatory @ the EU Sustainable Energy Week
- EIUC: Venice School of Human Rights 2014, apply here
- Veneto Region: The European future of the Italian port system - Presentation of the book
- Transparency International: Report on corruption risks in the EU institutions
- TNS Opinion: David Cameron takes the lead on Twitter
- ACCA: European Parliament backs non financial reporting deals
- CESI: TTIP: Fears of the Unknown, Registration for CESI@noon lunch debate on Mon 28th April
- ThinkYoung: We want to listen your opinion on youth unemployment & skills mismatch
- EIPA: Summer School on EU law & its Implementation, Luxembourg, 30/06 until 11/07
- EIPA: The Infringement Procedure under Articles 258 & 260 TFEU - Luxembourg 19-20/06/14