01.09.14 @ 09:17
It is the differences in the way the United States and Europe tackled the global financial crisis that explains why the US economy is recovering, whereas the eurozone is amid a lost decade.
18.07.14 @ 09:21
08.07.14 @ 09:19
27.06.14 @ 09:02
29.08.14 @ 09:28
The decision will be taken this week: Who will be the successor to Catherine Ashton, the quasi foreign minister of the EU?
11.08.14 @ 09:19
The shooting down of the Malaysian Airlines flight reinforces the point that the security of citizens outside state borders is to be framed as a central issue in 21st century security policy.
28.07.14 @ 16:26
Is the EU truly committed to encouraging compliance with international law?
28.08.14 @ 16:29
Half a decade after the financial crisis, the US is recovering, but Europe is suffering a lost decade. Why?
29.07.14 @ 16:10
Supporting a king in Libya may be the only way to reduce the flow of migrants risking their lives crossing the Mediterranean.
22.07.14 @ 18:21
Giving defensive names to Israeli military operations does not hide their offensive nature. The only way to end the cycle of violence is to end the occupation.
21.07.14 @ 09:44
How many people - whether Ukrainian or non-Ukrainian - have to die, before the West faces up to the realities of Putin's war?
18.07.14 @ 09:27
As Israel launches Gaza ground offensive, a former Sakharov laureate calls for EU countries to impose real pressure on Israel to end 47 years of occupation.
16.07.14 @ 08:32
Nato membership could very well be more of a cost than a benefit in 2014.
13.07.14 @ 15:07
Market fundamentalists are testing something even more dangerous than privatisation of public goods in Greece; public workers now face arrest for being on strike.
24.07.14 @ 14:36
The root causes of Roma exclusion must be addressed including systemic failures in the delivery of mainstream services, like education, housing, infrastructure, health and employment.
16.07.14 @ 19:09
As long as the treatment of Roma is influenced by political expediency and negative attitudes, Europe’s legitimacy at home and abroad is in question
16.07.14 @ 08:47
Kosovo is still a new and fragile democracy so the current post-election politicking by Hashim Thaci is damaging the country.
15.07.14 @ 08:52
Th essence of democracy is that we can go to the polls and elect a new majority, a new government and new laws. The EU is not a democracy.
News in Brief
- Scotland independence vote narrows@ 08:44
- EU draft report critical of Turkey@ 08:43
- Eurozone manufacturing hits 13-month low@ 08:34
- Greek troika talks in Paris@ 08:32
- Swedish anti-immigrant party set for big gains@ 08:31
- Putin told Barroso he could 'take Kiev in two weeks'1'st @ 18:58
- New EU foreign policy chief criticises Putin1'st @ 18:48
- Belgium only country not to have nominated EU commissioner1'st @ 12:40
- Berlin-Paris tensions re-emerge as ECB ponders stimulus@ 09:29
- New EU appointees speak out against Russia@ 09:24
- Who is Tusk and what does he mean for the EU?1'st @ 18:44
- Cameron faces new EU referendum backlash1'st @ 09:22
- OpinionWhy America is recovering, but Europe is not - Part II1'st @ 09:17
- EU expert groups dominated by corporate interest, say NGOs1'st @ 09:09
- Who is Federica Mogherini?1'st @ 08:59
- EU leaders give Putin one-week deadline31'st @ 02:25
- EUA: EU 2015 Budget negotiations: EUA warns against making cuts to research payments
- EPSU: New Commission must end corporate dominance of EU expert groups
- Martens Centre: Register now for the event “A Changing Eastern Neighbourhood”
- Martens Centre: Register now for event on 9 Sept: Banking and Monetary Union 2014-2019
- EuFoA: Tension rises in Nagorno-Karabakh as ceasefire negotiations are underway
- ACCA: Supports a coherent EU Single Market as to the balance of competences in the UK
- EIPA: Preparing for New EPSO Competitions: Luxembourg, 08 September 2014
- EIPA: Tools for Implementation of EU Policies at National Level. Luxembourg, 22-25/ 09/ 2014
- EPHA: 5th Annual Conference 4-5 September 2014, Brussels
- Centre Maurits Coppieters: Launches a new youtube channel