Today @ 09:29
Over 4 million people are to cast their vote in favour or against Scottish independence on Thursday, with Spain calling it a "torpedo" against EU integration.
17.09.14 @ 17:04
The European Parliament is preparing a set of "obstacle course" hearings for incoming EU commissioners with recent past form showing that at least one of the designates will fall by the wayside.
12.09.14 @ 09:24
10.09.14 @ 09:24
08.09.14 @ 18:34
21.08.14 @ 09:28
17.09.14 @ 09:57
While the campaigns in favour and against Scottish independence are running full-speed ahead of the vote on Thursday, a non-affiliated 'referendum cafe' hopes to keep the political debate going even after the referendum.
15.09.14 @ 10:55
Sweden woke up to political instability on Monday, with the Social Democrats poised to return to power but with the anti-immigrant Sweden Democrats scooping third place in elections.
15.09.14 @ 09:14
Scottish people are preparing for a historic referendum that could partly end their union with the UK, but still seek to keep the pound and the British queen.
16.09.14 @ 09:29
In the European Parliament politicians who were elected with hundreds of thousands of preferential votes, will sit next to colleagues who received fewer than a thousand votes.
15.09.14 @ 09:27
East German voters gave the anti-euro party Alternative for Germany (AfD) a boost as party members celebrated regional election results on Sunday.
12.09.14 @ 09:27
Almost 2 million Catalans took to the streets of Barcelona on Thursday calling for the right to vote on independence from Spain. A consultative vote is planned for 9 November.
10.09.14 @ 14:57
The new EU commission will have a less centralised power structure, with Jean-Claude Juncker delegating more responsibilities to his deputies.
10.09.14 @ 09:26
The EU's trade chief has reiterated his demands for the US to include an energy chapter as part of a transatlantic free trade deal between the two.
08.09.14 @ 09:28
French PM Valls has warned the far right is “at the gates of power”, as the ruling left struggles under its unpopular president, Hollande.
04.09.14 @ 09:22
A landmark EU-US trade deal is under threat due to “scaremongering”, the US ambassador to Brussels has warned MEPs.
10.09.14 @ 09:27
Hungary has been accused of moving away from EU democratic values following a raid on two NGOs earlier this week.
08.09.14 @ 07:58
Scotland is poised to vote Yes on leaving the UK after a poll gave pro-independence campaigners a shock lead.
04.09.14 @ 20:09
The list of proposed new EU commissioners is now complete, with enough women for the European Parliament to approve the 28-strong team led by Jean-Claude Juncker.
News in Brief
- Putin: My troops could reach Warsaw in two days@ 11:13
- Brussels braced for police demonstration@ 09:18
- Irish plans for banning tobacco logos disputed@ 09:18
- German SPD divided on EU-US free trade deal@ 09:02
- German firm offers reward for MH17 information@ 07:44
- US concerned about low growth in Europe@ 07:43
- EP fines Polish member for racist language@ 07:42
- EU welcomes self-rule for pro-Russia rebels in Ukraine@ 07:41
- Voting starts in Scottish independence referendum@ 09:29
- Finnish PM faces backlash over Russia nuclear plant@ 09:28
- OpinionEU asylum and war criminals: No place to hide@ 08:50
- OpinionCan nuclear talks be a template for human rights in Iran?@ 08:46
- MEPs critical of 'underfunded' youth jobs plan17'th @ 20:52
- EP gears itself up for hearings of new commissioners17'th @ 17:04
- FeatureScotland prepares for life after referendum17'th @ 09:57
- Most Malta boat victims were Gaza refugees17'th @ 09:26
- Oxfam: Back to school
- CESI: Event: Working Time Directive – new term, new impetus? 25 September 2014, 1pm-3pm
- Martens Centre: Economic Ideas Forum 2014, 16-17 Oct in Bratislava, register now!
- EBF: Tax Conference to review G20 talks on Automatic Exchange
- EuFoA: Basque Parliament recognizes Nagorno-Karabakh self-determination
- Europeche: EU fishing sector demands responsible and committed future Commissioner
- Eurocommerce: ECJ judgment on MasterCard: a great victory for EU consumers & retailers
- ACCA: The new Commission has the right credentials for the challenges faced by the EU
- Counter Balance: What perspectives on the Project Bond Initiative
- EBF: EBF statement on the Juncker Commission