29.10.14 @ 09:03
A majority of Italians believe that ditching the lira for the euro has been bad for their country, according to a new survey.
28.10.14 @ 09:25
France and Italy outlined extra measures to cut their budget deficits on Monday as they backed away from a full scale confrontation with the European Commission.
15.10.14 @ 09:36
29.09.14 @ 18:36
24.09.14 @ 17:36
27.10.14 @ 18:07
It would be very difficult for the UK to avoid paying the €2.1bn bill to the EU budget without having the "Pandora box" of its own rebate opened again, the EU budget commissioner has warned.
24.10.14 @ 20:13
Van Rompuy and Barroso said goodbye to EU leaders Friday after attending their final summit as presidents of the EU council and commission. But the summit was marred by a budget row.
24.10.14 @ 09:47
The EU has told the UK it must pay a new €2.1 billion bill by 1 December, in grist for the mill of Cameron's eurosceptic adversaries at home.
24.10.14 @ 20:09
ECB chief Draghi has warned eurozone leaders of recession unless they agree a "concrete timetable" for reforms and spur investments.
24.10.14 @ 16:16
UK PM Cameron vowed to oppose "in every way possible" an extra €2.1 billion EU budget bill, in a which row dominated the second day of a summit in Brussels.
24.10.14 @ 09:27
Eurozone leaders are meeting Friday on public deficits and debt, amid an escalating dispute between Italian PM Renzi and outgoing commission chief Barroso.
23.10.14 @ 13:38
The rise of the UK Independence party has coincided with increased support for Britain remaining part of the EU, according to a survey published on Wednesday.
22.10.14 @ 13:57
MEPs have approved Juncker's new EU commission, with a slightly smaller majority than in 2010, and following a number of concessions on portfolios.
21.10.14 @ 19:44
A handful of Liberal, Green, leftist and anti-establishment MEPs dealing with culture have called for a boycott against the Juncker commission because of his Hungarian nominee.
20.10.14 @ 19:42
Farage’s eurosceptic group in the EU parliament has been saved by a Pole with unusual views on women.
23.10.14 @ 10:24
The new US ambassador is to come to the EU parliament more often, amid efforts to include investor protection in the EU-US trade deal.
22.10.14 @ 09:30
He came close to being the EU’s new foreign policy chief, but Sikorski’s political future is in doubt over his handling of a press interview.
21.10.14 @ 17:48
Barroso made his valedictory speech in the EU parliament on Tuesday after 10 years in office, but few MEPs turned up to listen and those who did gave him a mixed review.
News in Brief
- Poland wants 'strong, active' German army@ 16:27
- EU taking Kosovo mission allegations 'seriously'@ 13:01
- Barroso not putting pressure on Kiev in gas talks, EU says@ 13:01
- Russia seeks EU-Ukraine gas payment contract@ 13:01
- Colombia and Peru pass EU criteria for visa-free access@ 09:24
- Germany's largest lender in profit loss over scandals@ 09:24
- Cameron under pressure on migrant backlogs@ 09:24
- Sweden to recognise Palestine on Thursday@ 09:23
- Oettinger stirs controversy ahead of new role as digital commissioner@ 18:29
- France denies warship delivery, as Russian bombers skirt EU airspace@ 09:57
- EU-brokered gas talks bedevilled by ‘lack of trust’@ 09:29
- EU citizens overestimate immigrant numbers, survey shows@ 09:28
- OpinionHas the EU lost the ability to enact sanctions?@ 09:28
- Spain and Netherlands among countries to buy way to green targets29'th @ 19:02
- From Borgen to Brussels: Who is the new EU competition commissioner?29'th @ 18:24
- Denmark and UK rank top in EU for doing business29'th @ 09:22
After 10 years as European Commission president, his most "emotional" moment was collecting the EU's Nobel Peace Prize, Jose Manuel Barroso told MEPs in Strasbourg on Tuesday (21 October) in his last speech in the European Parliament.
- EFA: Catalonia decides on 9N ! Support EFA campaign for democracy and freedom.
- European School Net: Italy & Europe need to boost the E-skills to tap the job creation potential of ICT
- European School Net: European government agencies & industry combine to combat bullying
- EIPA: European Union Civil Service Law, Brussels, 27-28 November 2014
- Xinhua News Agency: Winners of the WMS Global Awards for Excellence announced
- EGBA: Want to know how the EU online betting industry fights match-fixing?
- Martens Centre: Has Euromaidan Transformed the Ukrainian Political Landscape? Register now!
- EN.DELFI: Floating LNG terminal "Independence" sails into Lithuania
- EBF: Comprehensive assessment shows robust European banking sector
- Carbon Market Watch: EU leaders broker climate deal at expense of climate and tax payers