29.09.14 @ 09:21
Cameron has suggested he would campaign for Britain to leave the EU if he is unable to renegotiate the country's membership terms.
29.09.14 @ 08:51
A giant clock in Barcelona has started counting down the days to a referendum on independence. But Madrid says it will not go ahead.
29.09.14 @ 18:36
24.09.14 @ 17:36
22.09.14 @ 09:24
19.09.14 @ 09:32
26.09.14 @ 08:14
Phil Hogan, due to be in charge of agriculture in the next EU commission, is locked in a legal spat with Irish MEP Nessa Childers.
25.09.14 @ 07:52
MEPs are preparing "lively" hearings for the new commissioners-to-be, with the Spanish, British, Slovenian, and Hungarian candidates likely to have the hardest time of it.
24.09.14 @ 17:17
The Green faction in the EU parliament has written to incoming EU commission president Juncker to raise concerns about the Spanish nominee for his team.
25.09.14 @ 17:19
There is a letter waiting for Alenka Bratusek, the would-be next EU commissioner in charge of energy union. A letter she does not want to pick up from the local post office in Slovenia, close to her home.
24.09.14 @ 18:00
For a caffeine-fuelled party conference month, UK party members can hob-nob with senior politicians and enjoy blanket media coverage.
18.09.14 @ 09:29
Over 4 million people are to cast their vote in favour or against Scottish independence on Thursday, with Spain calling it a "torpedo" against EU integration.
17.09.14 @ 17:04
The European Parliament is preparing a set of "obstacle course" hearings for incoming EU commissioners with recent past form showing that at least one of the designates will fall by the wayside.
16.09.14 @ 09:29
In the European Parliament politicians who were elected with hundreds of thousands of preferential votes, will sit next to colleagues who received fewer than a thousand votes.
15.09.14 @ 09:27
East German voters gave the anti-euro party Alternative for Germany (AfD) a boost as party members celebrated regional election results on Sunday.
12.09.14 @ 09:27
Almost 2 million Catalans took to the streets of Barcelona on Thursday calling for the right to vote on independence from Spain. A consultative vote is planned for 9 November.
17.09.14 @ 09:57
While the campaigns in favour and against Scottish independence are running full-speed ahead of the vote on Thursday, a non-affiliated 'referendum cafe' hopes to keep the political debate going even after the referendum.
15.09.14 @ 10:55
Sweden woke up to political instability on Monday, with the Social Democrats poised to return to power but with the anti-immigrant Sweden Democrats scooping third place in elections.
15.09.14 @ 09:14
Scottish people are preparing for a historic referendum that could partly end their union with the UK, but still seek to keep the pound and the British queen.
News in Brief
- Canada gives EU leaders €300,000 plane-ride home@ 10:24
- Ireland rejects EU inquiry into 'sweetheart' tax deals@ 09:25
- EU may have to 'rethink' energy relations with Russia@ 09:19
- Spanish government urges court to veto Catalan vote@ 09:18
- Over 3,000 die crossing Mediterranean in 2014@ 09:08
- Maltese commissioner 'fails to convince' environment NGO29'th @ 18:03
- EU declines to criticise Chinese police in Hong Kong29'th @ 17:50
- Ukraine likely to endorse EU-brokered gas deal29'th @ 09:09
- AnalysisCould Putin’s troops ‘be in Warsaw in two days’?@ 11:18
- Oettinger's digital plans focus on better infrastructure@ 10:32
- Juncker defends lobby-friendly restructuring of commission services@ 09:29
- Investor clauses could be left out of EU-US trade deal29'th @ 18:50
- AnalysisSelf-defeating Tories fighting over Europe again29'th @ 18:36
- Malmstrom rejects accusations of working with US to weaken data laws29'th @ 18:19
- Ukraine wary of EU's Russia gas deal29'th @ 18:12
- OpinionDonald Tusk and the case for EU optimism29'th @ 16:09
- EN.DELFI: Russian Soldiers - cheap and luckless
- EBF: Financial Integration Report highlights ongoing fragmentation
- ACCA: Evaluating the impact of IFRS in the EU
- Access: Document shows Commissioner Malmström secretly undermines data protection
- EN.DELFI: Putin forces West to choose between Ukraine and Middle East
- Swedish Enterprises: ECIPE demystifies investor-state dispute settlements in trade agreements
- Martens Centre: Building a Lifeline for Freedom - Eastern Partnership 2.0 Brussels, 07 October
- Red Cross EU Office: Launch Event of the Project: Rights of Migrants in Action
- MEP Dita Charanzová: We need a new trade policy after Russian Sanctions