17.05.13 @ 09:28
Europeans expect a more difficult and uncertain economic future than their parent, according to an opinion poll released Friday.
19.04.13 @ 08:40
15.04.13 @ 09:29
09.04.13 @ 09:29
17.05.13 @ 09:25
French President Hollande has called for a eurozone government to counter a recession which threatens "the very identity" of Europe.
17.05.13 @ 09:01
The European Greens will hold US-style primary elections to select candidates for the EU's top jobs at the next European elections.
13.05.13 @ 08:57
Political turmoil is set to continue in Bulgaria after Sunday's general elections, as the tight result will make the formation of a coalition government difficult.
17.05.13 @ 09:21
The shale gas revolution has taken its time to arrive in Europe, where post-Cold-War politics will play a large part in developments.
15.05.13 @ 09:05
The British Conservative Party has tabled legislation that would guarantee an EU in/out referendum before the end of 2017.
10.05.13 @ 09:21
Lithuanian President Grybauskaite has been awarded the Charlemagne Prize for her "outstanding" merits in European politics, just as her country prepares to take over the EU presidency.
08.05.13 @ 17:13
Cyprus should reunite, a top EU official has said. But the issue remains highly sensitive on the Mediterranean island.
03.05.13 @ 16:58
Merkel is not a feminist, but an "interesting case" of a woman in power. She prefers silence to chatter and thinks a deep voice is important in politics.
01.05.13 @ 09:29
The rest of the UK should support a 'fast-tracked' application for an independent Scotland to join the EU, according to a report published Wednesday by MPs.
29.04.13 @ 14:00
A leaked Olaf report says there is no evidence ex-commissioner John Dalli was corrupt. It also exposes intimate ties between tobacco lobbyists and top EU officials.
06.05.13 @ 09:16
European Commission chief Barroso has defended Germany's Angela Merkel in an increasingly nervous debate on EU austerity.
03.05.13 @ 09:41
David Cameron will come under pressure to bring forward plans for an 'in/out' referendum on EU membership, after the UK Independence party made its strongest ever showing in local elections.
01.05.13 @ 09:27
Italy's new Prime Minister has said he shares a "federalist vocation" with Germany and made a passionate plea for Europe to focus on growth.
29.04.13 @ 10:48
A personal attack on German leader Angela Merkel by French President Francois Hollande's Socialist party has prompted fierce debate.
News in Brief
- MEPs find new line of attack against Strasbourg
- Merkel: 'I don't feel like I'm chancellor when cooking'
- Barroso: trust Merkel, she knows what she's doing
- Hollande calls for euro government to beat recession
- Scottish EU membership is 'no formality'
- Cameron under pressure after eurosceptic party makes gains
- Italy and Germany share 'federalist vocation'
- Olaf leak: no clear evidence against Dalli
- AnalysisCold War politics hang over EU shale gas revolution
- Cyprus should reunite, Rehn says
Equality & LGBTI Rights
- EU ministers urge Reding to do more for gay rights
- Targeted action requires clear plan … LGBTI issues are no different
- Report: sexual minorities in EU face hate speech, violence and discrimination
- Bulgaria and Italy trail in EU on gay rights legislation
- 'Changing gender should be as easy as changing car numberplate'
- Equality and LGBTI Rights
- Reding should 'stick neck out' on gay rights
- Same-sex marriage underlines social change in Ireland
- Airline worker's rights breached by crucifix ban, court says
- Gay rights is EU entry criterion, Brussels says
Very private security
- Controversial British firm wins EU security job in Gaza
- Very private security
- EUobserver investigative reports
- InvestigationEU men with guns: a comedy of errors
- Security firm wins EU contract despite tax problem
- About Andrew Rettman
- EU bins security contract, annoys Libya
- EU to spend €50mn on private security in Afghanistan
- Question marks over EU contract for Libya security firm
- Ashton to spend €15mn on private security firms
- British PM tries to break deadlock on tax havens@ 09:36
- Russia asks Interpol to stop Magnitsky campaigner@ 09:30
- MEPs vote to protect small bank depositors@ 09:27
- EU should help Bangladesh workers to unionise@ 09:24
- German politicians outraged at Orban's Nazi jibe@ 09:20
- Hack the EU: IT security cuts cause concern20'th @ 09:03
- Leaked report damns Cyprus on money laundering20'th @ 08:56
- AgendaEU leaders discuss energy and tax next WEEK17'th @ 18:36
- Culture to get special treatment in US trade talks, Barroso says17'th @ 09:30
- Europeans expect bleak future, survey finds17'th @ 09:28
- Confederation of Swedish Enterprise: State of the union – Where is the EU heading?
- ACCA: ACCA encourages EU leaders to be bold in the fight against tax fraud and evasion
- EIPA: Practical Tools for Implementation of EU Policies at the National Level: Modules 1 and 2 Luxembourg, 24-27 September 2013
- ACCA: Future of IFRS: what purpose(s) do we want annual accounts to serve?
- businessfruit: Think on Your Feet. Write, Speak, Present with Impact. Join the Academy: 24-26 June, Brussels.
- AEBIOM: Join the 4th AEBIOM Bioenergy Conference organized by the European Biomass Association on 17-19 June, Brussels
- EIPA: European e-Justice and practical solutions - Beginners level: Luxembourg, 23 May 2013. Advanced level: Luxembourg, 24 May 2013
- Pentecost on the prairieGlobal challenges
- The untold story of Libya's Mahmud GebrilInside Arab Spring
- U-turn, please!Another Look
- Going against fears in AmericaGlobal challenges
- About spin and DIYAnother Look
- The capture of tax haven Ireland: "the bankers, hedge funds got virtually everything they wanted"Escape from Europe
- The year in picturesSuper Commuter
- Not the Jihadists but we are the problemInside Arab Spring
- Whose idea was this?Another Look
- Across the Atlantic, another take on riskGlobal challenges