18.08.14 @ 17:47
EU negotiators, who like to give as little away as possible, will have been deeply dismayed by the leak of 520-pages of their latest baby: Ceta.
12.08.14 @ 09:30
Spain and Gibraltar have been told to crack down on cross-border tobacco smuggling by the EU’s anti-fraud watchdog.
18.08.14 @ 09:29
06.08.14 @ 12:21
08.07.14 @ 09:43
17.06.14 @ 09:36
06.08.14 @ 09:24
Scotland's first minister Alex Salmond faced repeated calls during a key TV debate on Tuesday evening to be clear about what currency an independent Scotland would use.
04.08.14 @ 09:29
A UK exit is better than remaining in an un-reformed EU, according to an upcoming report commissioned by London mayor Boris Johnson.
28.07.14 @ 17:57
Hungary's PM has said he wants to build an illiberal state based on national foundations, citing Russia and China as examples.
05.08.14 @ 09:29
Incoming European Commission President Jean-Claude Juncker on Monday said he did everything in his power to keep Greece within the eurozone during the height of the financial crisis.
31.07.14 @ 15:25
The incoming EU commission risks a start-up delay as male nominees for commissioner posts continue to roll in despite a plea for more women candidates.
21.07.14 @ 09:29
Deep reforms on how the EU operates and is governed are needed if the UK is to remain a member of the Union, Britain's new foreign minister has said.
18.07.14 @ 16:03
The race to locate the black box, flight deck recorder, and the cockpit recorder is underway as investigators travel to the wreckage of Malaysia Airlines flight 17 in eastern Ukraine.
17.07.14 @ 03:14
EU leaders have failed to reach an agreement on two top jobs, opting to meet again on a Saturday at the end of August.
16.07.14 @ 21:55
EU leaders heading into a summit to decide on top posts on Wednesday lowered expectations of a deal due to diverging views on the foreign affairs chief.
15.07.14 @ 16:21
EU parliament chief Schulz has warned national governments his institution will reject the incoming college of commissioners if there are not enough women in it.
18.07.14 @ 09:51
At 60, German chancellor Angela Merkel is the most popular and powerful leader among her EU peers.
16.07.14 @ 23:14
EU commissioner candidates will be tested primarily on their expertise, EP chief Martin Schulz said Wednesday after previously indicating that the British hopeful could be rejected on political grounds.
16.07.14 @ 08:14
Italian FM Mogherini has emerged as a frontrunner for the EU foreign affairs job, but eastern member states find her too Russia-friendly.
News in Brief
- Putin's aid convoy crosses into Ukraine@ 09:28
- Ireland testing deceased man for Ebola@ 09:28
- Consultancies scoop big contracts on EU bank supervision@ 09:28
- Italy to delay budget update@ 09:27
- EU bans powerful vacuum cleaners to save energy@ 09:26
- Belgium looking for power after nuclear shutdowns@ 09:26
- Lithuanian TV reluctant to show LGBT rights ad21'st @ 09:17
- Italy approves arming Kurds, as Renzi visits Iraq21'st @ 09:16
- Marijuana should stay illegal, young Europeans say@ 12:40
- Report: EU countries set out new vision for Gaza@ 09:24
- AnalysisCan Europe afford a Russia trade war?@ 09:23
- Scottish EU membership 'not in serious doubt'21'st @ 09:28
- Russia relaxes EU food ban, counts costs21'st @ 09:27
- Poland demands WTO challenge over Russia food ban20'th @ 07:45
- Tobacco lobbying warped EU law, British scientists 'prove'20'th @ 07:37
- EU justice chief criticises Google on 'right to be forgotten'19'th @ 09:30
- EuFoA: Tension rises in Nagorno-Karabakh as ceasefire negotiations are underway
- EEAS: Statement on the downing of Malaysia Airlines flight. In memoriam of Pim de Kuijer
- IFSBH: Join our new initiative: People United for Spina Bifida and Hydrocephalus!
- ACCA: Supports a coherent EU Single Market as to the balance of competences in the UK
- EIPA: Preparing for New EPSO Competitions: Luxembourg, 08 September 2014
- EIPA: Tools for Implementation of EU Policies at National Level. Luxembourg, 22-25/ 09/ 2014
- EPHA: 5th Annual Conference 4-5 September 2014, Brussels
- Centre Maurits Coppieters: Launches a new youtube channel
- ACCA: Implementing the New European Accounting Directive: Making the right choices
- UNESDA: Impact of food taxes on public health inconclusive and contradictory as per EC study