Today @ 09:28
France's National Front is in talks with a Kremlin-linked bank to borrow €40 million to win power in France, Mediapart reports.
21.11.14 @ 12:00
20.11.14 @ 18:35
17.11.14 @ 10:01
07.11.14 @ 17:44
26.11.14 @ 16:28
Most members of the European Parliament have endorsed Jean Claude Juncker's investment plan based on financial engineering, but critical voices said the scheme did not add up.
25.11.14 @ 21:01
Juncker is to unveil an "investment package" he says is worth €315bn for the next three years. But the EU's actual contribution will be just €8bn.
25.11.14 @ 09:30
EU lawmakers are considering whether to prevent Google and fellow search engines from being involved in other commercial activities on the Internet.
26.11.14 @ 09:29
Austria’s far-right FPO party has defended its relations with the Kremlin, amid signs of a wider Russian strategy to build ties with anti-EU parties.
25.11.14 @ 20:04
The European Commission has pledged to increase the number of documents it makes public relating to ongoing free trade talks with the US in a bid to shore up public support for the negotiations.
21.11.14 @ 18:11
German commissioner Oettinger has drawn French anger with two rogue op-eds on French over-spending. But did he really act alone?
21.11.14 @ 09:26
Ukip continued its insurgency into mainstream British politics on Thursday by claiming its second by-election victory in as many months.
20.11.14 @ 11:14
EU affairs ministers will hold regular debates on the state of rule of law in the EU, a move seen as a watered-down response to democracy slippages in Hungary.
19.11.14 @ 09:29
Britain's left-wing opposition party, Labour, has announced plans to crack down on EU migrants amid a heated debate across the political spectrum.
18.11.14 @ 09:27
Thousands rallied in Budapest on Monday in a day of "public outrage” against Hungary’s government and leader Viktor Orban.
20.11.14 @ 19:08
EU anti-trust chief Vestager will use "Luxembourg Leaks" as "market information" which may lead to further probes into the duchy's deals with big firms.
19.11.14 @ 15:44
The EU commission has promised to publish all contacts with lobbyists and to give US free-trade talks documents to all MEPs in a new transparency drive. Meanwhile, it backed away from scrapping its first 'unnecessary' EU law.
19.11.14 @ 09:49
Eurosceptic MEPs have tabled a request to sack EU commission chief Juncker over his role in making Luxembourg part of a global tax-avoidance scheme.
17.11.14 @ 09:27
The eurozone is on the 'brink' of an unprecedented triple-dip recession, UK prime minister David Cameron warned that the as the weekend's G20 summit in Australia came to its conclusion on Sunday.
News in Brief
- MEPs back anti-Google resolution@ 14:12
- European Parliament approves new data protection supervisor@ 14:06
- EU to blacklist 13 people, five entities over Ukraine@ 14:05
- EU lawmakers agree deal on investment funds@ 13:19
- Juncker survives confidence vote@ 12:16
- EP postpones decision on LuxLeaks inquiry@ 11:38
- Van Rompuy to teach at College of Europe@ 09:47
- Bulgaria won't sign EU-US trade deal until visas are scrapped@ 09:13
- France, Italy, Belgium to get extra three months on deficit and debt@ 20:01
- EU blacklists 13 Ukrainians over Russia war@ 18:10
- OpinionTurkey needs its women, Mr Erdogan@ 17:06
- AnalysisEurope's 'last chance' investment scheme depends on pension funds@ 11:07
- Mediapart: National Front's Kremlin loan is worth €40mn@ 09:28
- MEP vote ups pressure on EU to break up Google@ 09:26
- OpinionCommon European investment programme needed26'th @ 18:30
- EU regulators want right-to-be forgotten to go global26'th @ 18:24
- Danuta Hübner: Danuta Hübner at the first meeting of the EPP Working Group on TTiP
- Danuta Hübner: Jobs, Growth & Investment Package to succeed if mobilizes private sector
- Eva Paunova: Digital techs must be recognised as best route to growth and development
- Jan Philipp Albrecht: EU-Canada PNR scheme must have legality assessed by European Court
- Cecilia Wikström: Interview - From a priest to an MEP
- Martina Dlabajová: Still no discharge for the Council from the Budgetary Control Committee
- Jerzy Buzek: Reindustrialisation & climate targets married via research on clean coal technologies
- Michael Theurer: Dalligate II: Time to return to the facts and follow checks and balances
- Victor Negrescu: The Next Generation Innovators
- Access Now: Wishing “Bon voyage” to PNR agreements in Europe
- EBF: EBF underlines need to match EFSI funds with stable economic framework
- European SchoolNet: Making competence based education a reality in schools across Europe
- CESI: Breaking Down Barriers: Towards Gender Equality at Work. Lunch debate, 11 Dec
- Counter Balance: Junker investment package shifts risks from private investors to EU taxpayers
- ThinkYoung: Join the Charity Dinner for UNICEF by ThinkYoung & Burson Marsteller to fight Ebola!
- Access Now: Save the Internet: The EU MS are about to turn their backs on Net Neutrality
- EU Spirits: Do you know how apples & pears go into a bottle ?
- Martens Centre: Invites you to the Transatlantic Think Tank Conference on 4 Dec, register now!
- EMHRN: Day for the Elimination of Violence vs. Women: Bleak Picture for the Euro-Med Region