16.04.14 @ 09:15
Juncker may be the centre-right's chosen candidate for the next EU commission chief, but his face is nowhere to be seen on German MEP election posters, which boast a smiling Merkel.
11.04.14 @ 09:26
German Chancellor Angela Merkel is visiting Athens on Friday in a show of support for the Greek government after its successful return to the bond markets.
20.02.14 @ 09:11
16.01.14 @ 10:15
07.01.14 @ 08:00
15.11.13 @ 09:22
09.04.14 @ 09:29
A UK diplomat whose day job involves promoting British business in Asia's emerging market economies has scooped a €100,000 prize on the country's best economic prospects if it left the EU.
07.04.14 @ 09:27
Hungary's centre-right Prime Minister Viktor Orban was handed another four years in government after national elections on Sunday, early results show, while the far-right Jobbik scooped a fifth of the votes.
31.03.14 @ 09:20
France's ruling Socialists have suffered a bruising defeat in local elections, with the centre-right claiming victory and the anti-EU National Front making further gains – a possible preview of the upcoming EU elections.
09.04.14 @ 09:27
Spain’s parliament overwhelmingly rejected Catalonia’s bid to call for a referendum on independence.
03.04.14 @ 08:11
Six EU commissioners will officially hit the campaign trail later this month as part of their candidacies for May's European elections.
27.03.14 @ 09:24
Obama, following his pledge of solidarity with the EU on Ukraine, delivered a 40-minute speech to an audience of some 2,000 at the Bozar art centre in Brussels.
26.03.14 @ 09:28
In an attempt to broaden its election appeal, Germany's new anti-euro party has published an EU election manifesto with ideas seen in both far-right and far-left platforms.
23.03.14 @ 12:23
A self-organised “referendum” over the independence of one of Italy’s wealthiest regions has resulted in an overwhelming victory for the separatist camp, but authorities in Rome have largely ignored the result.
17.03.14 @ 09:29
The two lead candidates of the largest EU political families have a common denominator, even if they admit it's a long-term project: eurobonds.
15.03.14 @ 14:51
EU and US trade negotiators are tight-lipped after Germany joined France in calling for controversial rules on investor rights to be left out of an agreement
24.03.14 @ 10:15
National parliaments should be able to initiate reviews of existing EU law, according to a report by the UK parliament.
19.03.14 @ 10:11
Decisions on EU officials taking lobbying jobs dealing with issues they had previously worked on could in future be made by a new independent body the European Ombudsman has told MEPs.
17.03.14 @ 09:20
New mechanisms to limit eastern European migration and prevent benefit tourism are at the centre of a seven point plan laid out by David Cameron to reform Britain's relationship with the EU.
News in Brief
- Court clears Anglo-Irish boss17'th @ 09:26
- Juncker wants politicians in EU commission, not bureaucrats17'th @ 09:26
- Nato increases military presence in eastern Europe17'th @ 09:26
- EU and Switzerland edging closer to free movement deal17'th @ 09:25
- MEPs back cross-border pension rights16'th @ 10:01
- Industry wary of new EU rules on lorry design16'th @ 10:01
- Ukip leader 'taking legal advice' on expenses allegations16'th @ 10:00
- French MEP recalls trips to see porn films16'th @ 10:00
- Pro-Russia separatists reject EU and US-brokered pact18'th @ 17:22
- Russia and China forge closer ties, as EU explores sanctions17'th @ 09:29
- Europe faces worst human rights 'crisis' in decades17'th @ 09:29
- MEPs upset over Schulz's double role as president and candidate17'th @ 09:25
- EU countries to boost defence budgets in light of Ukraine16'th @ 09:29
- EU parliament gives final nod to banking union16'th @ 09:21
- EU ElectionsGerman centre-right election posters show Merkel, not Juncker16'th @ 09:15
- Regional unemployment highest in Spain16'th @ 09:14
- ACCA: European Parliament backs non financial reporting deals
- CESI: TTIP: Fears of the Unknown, Registration for CESI@noon lunch debate on Mon 28th April
- ThinkYoung: We want to listen your opinion on youth unemployment & skills mismatch
- EIPA: Summer School on EU law & its Implementation, Luxembourg, 30/06 until 11/07
- EIPA: The Infringement Procedure under Articles 258 & 260 TFEU - Luxembourg 19-20/06/14
- ACCA: New rules to improve shareholder engagement and corporate governance reporting
- European Youth Forum: Open letter to EU bodies, MS and CoE on the situation in Ukraine
- Oxfam: European overseas aid slightly increases but lags behind global trend
- EUA: Changing Landscapes in Learning and Teaching’: Report from the Annual Conference
- Regione Puglia: Capacity building course for regional officers on EU decision-making: 7-11/04