21.11.14 @ 09:26
Ukip continued its insurgency into mainstream British politics on Thursday by claiming its second by-election victory in as many months.
20.11.14 @ 18:35
17.11.14 @ 10:01
07.11.14 @ 17:44
03.11.14 @ 16:42
20.11.14 @ 19:08
EU anti-trust chief Vestager will use "Luxembourg Leaks" as "market information" which may lead to further probes into the duchy's deals with big firms.
19.11.14 @ 15:44
The EU commission has promised to publish all contacts with lobbyists and to give US free-trade talks documents to all MEPs in a new transparency drive. Meanwhile, it backed away from scrapping its first 'unnecessary' EU law.
19.11.14 @ 09:49
Eurosceptic MEPs have tabled a request to sack EU commission chief Juncker over his role in making Luxembourg part of a global tax-avoidance scheme.
20.11.14 @ 11:14
EU affairs ministers will hold regular debates on the state of rule of law in the EU, a move seen as a watered-down response to democracy slippages in Hungary.
19.11.14 @ 09:29
Britain's left-wing opposition party, Labour, has announced plans to crack down on EU migrants amid a heated debate across the political spectrum.
18.11.14 @ 09:27
Thousands rallied in Budapest on Monday in a day of "public outrage” against Hungary’s government and leader Viktor Orban.
17.11.14 @ 09:27
The eurozone is on the 'brink' of an unprecedented triple-dip recession, UK prime minister David Cameron warned that the as the weekend's G20 summit in Australia came to its conclusion on Sunday.
14.11.14 @ 10:21
The UK and the EU are close to an "absolute" divorce, former PM John Major told allies of Germany's Angela Merkel on Thursday.
12.11.14 @ 13:49
EU commission chief Juncker has broken his one-week silence on “Luxembourg Leaks”, with jokes, "regrets", and a new proposal on EU tax transparency.
11.11.14 @ 09:28
A former French PM is alleged to have instructed Hollande's chief of staff to speed up investigations into Sarkozy in a bid to thwart Sarkozy’s leadership ambitions.
17.11.14 @ 07:21
In a surprise result, Romanian voters have elected Klaus Iohannis as their first president to come from the German ethnic minority, defeating Socialist prime minister Victor Ponta.
14.11.14 @ 09:16
Romania will elect a new president on Sunday, after a campaign of indirect death threats which raises questions about the state of democracy in the country.
12.11.14 @ 09:29
A week after the LuxLeaks revelations and amid a new report on tax practices in 15 EU countries, pressure is mounting on commission chief Juncker to give answers.
06.11.14 @ 16:17
The EU commission may "broaden and deepen" its investigations into Luxembourg taxation practices, a commission spokesman has said, while deflecting questions about Jean-Claude Juncker's involvement in the scheme.
News in Brief
- Third bird flu case in the Netherlands21'st @ 16:26
- British Green party backs in/out EU referendum21'st @ 15:08
- UK shelves EU bank bonus challenge21'st @ 15:08
- Italian PM in Strasbourg next week21'st @ 13:49
- Entire commission to be present for Juncker censure21'st @ 13:05
- Orban: Hungary won't sacrifice economy over EU-Russia sanctions21'st @ 09:29
- German EU commissioner doubts French reform drive21'st @ 09:27
- Nato deployed jets 400 times in 201421'st @ 09:23
- OpinionFormer Israeli law chief urges EU parliament to help recognise Palestine21'st @ 18:12
- EU parliament to vote on Palestine statehood21'st @ 18:12
- German commissioner provokes French wrath21'st @ 18:11
- Netherlands to pay EU top-up bill this year21'st @ 16:34
- AgendaEU to unveil investment fund this WEEK21'st @ 16:19
- AnalysisRomania's Obama moment21'st @ 12:00
- Dutch had euro-exit plan at height of crisis21'st @ 09:53
- One year after Euromaidan: 13 people dying every day21'st @ 09:29
- Danuta Hübner: Awarded with The Legion of Honour for her contribution to EU integration
- Jerzy Buzek: Reindustrialisation & climate targets married via research on clean coal technologies
- Cecilia Wikström: Music video with her reflections regarding imprisoned journalist Dawit Isaak
- Jan Philip Albrecht: Study on Data Retention after the Judgement of the Court of Justice of the EU
- Michael Theurer: Dalligate II: Time to return to the facts and follow checks and balances
- Martina Dlabajová: Still no discharge for the Council from the Budgetary Control Committee
- Eva Paunova: Dinner debate on the digital single market – successes and challenges
- Victor Negrescu: The Next Generation Innovators
- China EU Mission: Ambassador Yang Yanyi: Asia-Pacific cooperation offers opportunities for Europe
- Caritas Europa: Europe 2020 will not deliver if dominated by economic drivers
- PlasticsEurope: Agreement on plastic bags: concern about negative effects on Internal Market
- Red Cross: Conference: Promoting Humanitarian Approach in the EU Migration Agenda
- World Vision: Where are the rights you promised us ?
- ACCA: 5th edition of the Ethics in Finance - Robin Cosgrove Prize, 28 January 2015, Brussels
- EPSU: LuxLeaks reveal something is rotten at the heart of Europe
- EJC: After massacre in Jerusalem, EJC calls to condition aid to Palestinians on stop incitement
- SUPERHUB: Main event: Smart Mobility in changing cities (Milan 26/11/2014)
- AEBIOM: Sustainable biomass backs European Economy, 03 December 2014