18.12.14 @ 09:29
It was supposed to be all about investments and Russia, but the issue of tax avoidance is likely to creep onto the EU summit agenda, as a letter from the Spanish Prime Minister shows.
16.12.14 @ 10:45
16.12.14 @ 10:39
21.11.14 @ 12:00
20.11.14 @ 18:35
17.12.14 @ 09:24
Greek MPs are gathering for a first attempt to choose a president, with EU officials concerned about the prospect of snap elections and a sweep to power by the far-left Syriza party.
14.12.14 @ 11:38
Most Europeans believe that migrant workers from other EU countries have been bad for their country and would like to restrict freedom of movement, a new opinion poll suggests.
11.12.14 @ 09:19
The European Commission denies endorsing a former EU commissioner as top candidate in the upcoming presidential Greek elections despite praising his merits.
15.12.14 @ 10:15
EU economics commissioner Pierre Moscovici will arrive in Athens on Monday, as political tensions rise over the forthcoming presidential elections.
11.12.14 @ 21:24
EU commission chief Jean-Claude Juncker has warned Greece against electing "extreme forces" into power and said he would prefer "known faces to show up".
10.12.14 @ 18:39
EU commission chief Juncker has indicated he will try to bypass member states’ veto powers over fiscal issues when he proposes new laws to clamp down on tax avoidance.
08.12.14 @ 09:29
Eurozone ministers will face a race against time to resolve the latest disagreement over Greece's spending plans in Brussels on Monday (8 December).
04.12.14 @ 09:26
Sweden’s left-green coalition has called early elections after an anti-immigrant party helped defeat its draft budget.
02.12.14 @ 14:08
MEPs have criticised EU economic affairs commissioner Moscovici for granting France three extra months to fix its budget, a move deputies amounts to special treatment for his home country.
01.12.14 @ 09:24
A former KGB officer lent €2 million to Jean-Marie Le Pen, the president of French far-right party, the National Front, Mediapart reports.
04.12.14 @ 09:30
EU governments have been forced to pay out more than €3.5 billion in compensation to firms under controversial investor protection rules according to new research.
03.12.14 @ 18:04
Britain and the Netherlands no longer have a problem with paying their EU top-ups, but EU budget talks are stuck on how to settle a €28bn lag of unpaid bills.
01.12.14 @ 09:27
EU Council chief Van Rompuy is ending his five-year term true to his nature, with no glam or pomp. But his legacy is significant, particularly in the eurozone crisis and its institutional follow-up.
28.11.14 @ 16:01
The new figure is designed to help clinch a 2015 budget deal with MEPs and EU states, as the clock ticks on a 17 December deadline.
News in Brief
- Czech Jews complain about Putin visit@ 09:31
- EU must not try to make Russian economy collapse, says Austria@ 09:22
- Belarus takes drastic measures on rouble crisis@ 09:21
- Irish economy to grow 5.7 percent this year@ 09:09
- Romania's new president wants to end country's corruption@ 09:07
- Barroso: I am sure there are emergency plans for Russian economic crisis@ 09:05
- Labour in the lead ahead of UK elections@ 09:05
- Surging support for Italy's Northern League in new poll@ 09:03
- CIA manual tells agents how to fool EU border guards@ 09:41
- Greek PM offers compromise on elections@ 09:29
- Report: Juncker threatened Merkel with legal action over road toll@ 09:23
- Focus'Nations talk, but cities act' on green policies@ 08:43
- Tusk praised for 'short, concise' EU summit19'th @ 16:49
- Thousands protest in Brussels against EU-US trade ageement19'th @ 16:45
- Luxembourg caves in to EU tax listing demands19'th @ 09:01
- Merkel: EU strategy is to maintain Russia sanctions19'th @ 01:36
- Jan Philipp Albrecht: Study on Data Retention after the Judgement of the Court of Justice of the European Union
- Cecilia Wikström: EU Governments must come clean on CIA torture programme
- Tonino Picula: Georgia needs support of the European Union today!
- Michael Theurer: Noch mehr Schulden sind nicht der Ausweg aus der Schuldenfalle!
- Eva Paunova: Granted JA-YE and AmCham EU Youth Entrepreneurship Award
- Tonino Picula: The youngest European state deserves future in EU, I said to FMA after visiting Kosovo
- Eva Paunova: Meets US Chief negotiator on TTIP during diplomatic visit in Washington DC
- Jerzy Buzek: Congratulations to the town Kisielice for winning the EU 2014 ManagEnergy Award
- Victor Negrescu: S&D40 members meeting with the leader of the S&D Group, Gianni Pitella
- Jan Philipp Albrecht: Digital market/Google: MEPs fail to focus consumer rights and net neutrality
- Access Now: U.S. pushing to undermine net neutrality & privacy in major trade agreements
- Carbon Market Watch: Carbon offsets from Alberta’s tar sands jeopardize EU fuel rules
- Counter Balance: Juncker's investment offensive targets dodgy projects, new stories everyday
- EBF: Downward trend in bank robberies continues
- EBF: Adoption of fourth EU Anti-Money Laundering Directive
- COFACE: News - December 2014
- Oxfam: EU executives’ fixation with private sector compromises commitment to poor people
- Martens Centre: 5 reasons why the end of South Stream should mark the start of Energy Union
- Dialogue Platform: Calls for release of journalists detained in Turkey
- EMHRN: Egypt: Const. Committee Testify to Baselessness of Charges in Shura Council Case