21.07.14 @ 09:29
Deep reforms on how the EU operates and is governed are needed if the UK is to remain a member of the Union, Britain's new foreign minister has said.
18.07.14 @ 16:03
The race to locate the black box, flight deck recorder, and the cockpit recorder is underway as investigators travel to the wreckage of Malaysia Airlines flight 17 in eastern Ukraine.
08.07.14 @ 09:43
17.06.14 @ 09:36
26.05.14 @ 19:20
16.05.14 @ 08:38
18.07.14 @ 09:51
At 60, German chancellor Angela Merkel is the most popular and powerful leader among her EU peers.
16.07.14 @ 23:14
EU commissioner candidates will be tested primarily on their expertise, EP chief Martin Schulz said Wednesday after previously indicating that the British hopeful could be rejected on political grounds.
16.07.14 @ 08:14
Italian FM Mogherini has emerged as a frontrunner for the EU foreign affairs job, but eastern member states find her too Russia-friendly.
17.07.14 @ 03:14
EU leaders have failed to reach an agreement on two top jobs, opting to meet again on a Saturday at the end of August.
16.07.14 @ 21:55
EU leaders heading into a summit to decide on top posts on Wednesday lowered expectations of a deal due to diverging views on the foreign affairs chief.
15.07.14 @ 16:21
EU parliament chief Schulz has warned national governments his institution will reject the incoming college of commissioners if there are not enough women in it.
15.07.14 @ 16:11
Cameron has made Lord Jonathan Hill his surprise nomination to be the UK's next EU commissioner.
15.07.14 @ 09:31
Former Finnish PM Katainen and three other interim commissioners-to-be were grilled by MEPs before taking up their posts for four months.
09.07.14 @ 15:26
Future EU commission president Jean-Claude Juncker has denied being a federalist and said he wants a "fair deal" for Britain on the terms of its EU membership.
03.07.14 @ 17:50
EU institutions must demonstrate that the disclosure of a document effectively harms the public interest if they want to deny publication, the European Court of Justice has ruled.
15.07.14 @ 13:50
Juncker was elected EU commission President Tuesday after promising a more social Europe and paying tribute to integrationist politicians of old.
14.07.14 @ 09:28
EU leaders meeting on Wednesday are likely to pick only the foreign policy chief, with a decision on the successor to Van Rompuy "possibly" delayed until autumn.
07.07.14 @ 23:43
Eurosceptic deputies were denied several of the EU parliament's top posts on Monday, as the assembly's centrist groups joined forces.
News in Brief
- Ukraine PM resigns@ 18:22
- Former Moldova envoy to lead EU civilian mission to Ukraine@ 15:38
- ECB website hacked@ 15:36
- EU abstentions clear way for UN enquiry on Gaza@ 12:59
- EU commission delaying GMO decision for 14 years@ 12:34
- US willing to give EU citizens same rights on data privacy@ 12:33
- US ambassador expects clarity on EU sanctions@ 11:53
- Bulgarian PM resigns@ 09:39
- Court rules Poland complicit in CIA renditions@ 16:28
- OpinionAnti-Roma prejudice rampant in state child protection services@ 14:36
- EU readies new sanctions on defiant Russia@ 09:25
- Scrapped EU surveillance law throws doubt on US data agreements@ 08:47
- Russia angst sees EU energy efficiency targets watered down23'rd @ 17:26
- Rome continues to push Italian FM to replace Ashton23'rd @ 16:02
- EU grapples with smugglers as people fleeing conflict face torture23'rd @ 09:28
- Deutsche Bank under fire in the US23'rd @ 09:16
- IFSBH: Join our new initiative: People United for Spina Bifida and Hydrocephalus!
- ACCA: Supports a coherent EU Single Market as to the balance of competences in the UK
- EIPA: Preparing for New EPSO Competitions: Luxembourg, 08 September 2014
- EIPA: Tools for Implementation of EU Policies at National Level. Luxembourg, 22-25/ 09/ 2014
- EPHA: 5th Annual Conference 4-5 September 2014, Brussels | Register before 31st July
- Centre Maurits Coppieters: Launches a new youtube channel
- ACCA: Implementing the New European Accounting Directive: Making the right choices
- UNESDA: Impact of food taxes on public health inconclusive and contradictory as per EC study
- European Federalist Party: Juncker is the 1st elected European Commission President
- Martens Centre: Register now for event on 9 Sept: Banking and Monetary Union 2014-2019