02.04.14 @ 09:25
Private security firms are bidding to guard EU-funded migrant detention centres in Greece, amid a report by Medecins Sans Frontiers which says poor conditions are causing disease.
19.09.13 @ 08:50
19.09.13 @ 08:49
25.09.13 @ 09:25
19.09.13 @ 08:50
10.10.13 @ 14:45
MEPs Thursday gave the green light to a new European Border Surveillance system. Critics says the deal places too much emphasis on stopping migration rather than saving lives.
01.10.13 @ 09:02
EOS, a trade body of some of Europe's main arms dealers, wants to buy and sell EU maritime surveillance data, in its latest push to shape EU policy.
02.10.13 @ 09:27
The EU commission wants to fingerprint anyone who enters the EU, but critics say it risks violating numerous privacy rights.
23.09.13 @ 08:42
Private security companies operating UK-based immigrant removal centres use formulas to calculate the profit loss incurred when detainees commit suicide under their watch.
News in Brief
- Eurozone deficit rates fall within 3 percent EU limit23'rd @ 17:31
- Schultz most tweeted commission candidate in April23'rd @ 17:30
- UKIP's poll ratings unaffected by bad press23'rd @ 10:39
- Wilders' right-hand man resigns23'rd @ 09:15
- French leader to table €50 billion savings package23'rd @ 09:00
- Syriza drops Roma candidate from European Parliament race23'rd @ 08:59
- Greece plans lower corporate tax to spur growth23'rd @ 08:58
- Finland signs Nato assistance deal23'rd @ 08:58
- Greek records first surplus as EU moves closer to balanced budgets23'rd @ 17:38
- OpinionEU and Ukraine: too busy to protect gay rights?23'rd @ 14:14
- EU ElectionsEU elections may strengthen Putin in Europe23'rd @ 09:29
- Italian right calls for end to migrant rescue programme23'rd @ 09:29
- US to send 600 troops to Baltics, Poland amid Ukraine tensions23'rd @ 09:16
- EU ElectionsStudents should vote for pro-Erasmus MEPs23'rd @ 09:03
- OpinionWhere next after the Hungarian election?22'nd @ 16:37
- Time for EU energy union, says Polish PM22'nd @ 10:54
- TNS Opinion: David Cameron takes the lead on Twitter
- ACCA: European Parliament backs non financial reporting deals
- CESI: TTIP: Fears of the Unknown, Registration for CESI@noon lunch debate on Mon 28th April
- ThinkYoung: We want to listen your opinion on youth unemployment & skills mismatch
- EIPA: Summer School on EU law & its Implementation, Luxembourg, 30/06 until 11/07
- EIPA: The Infringement Procedure under Articles 258 & 260 TFEU - Luxembourg 19-20/06/14
- ACCA: New rules to improve shareholder engagement and corporate governance reporting
- European Youth Forum: Open letter to EU bodies, MS and CoE on the situation in Ukraine
- Oxfam: European overseas aid slightly increases but lags behind global trend
- EUA: Changing Landscapes in Learning and Teaching’: Report from the Annual Conference