02.04.14 @ 09:25
Private security firms are bidding to guard EU-funded migrant detention centres in Greece, amid a report by Medecins Sans Frontiers which says poor conditions are causing disease.
19.09.13 @ 08:50
19.09.13 @ 08:49
25.09.13 @ 09:25
19.09.13 @ 08:50
10.10.13 @ 14:45
MEPs Thursday gave the green light to a new European Border Surveillance system. Critics says the deal places too much emphasis on stopping migration rather than saving lives.
01.10.13 @ 09:02
EOS, a trade body of some of Europe's main arms dealers, wants to buy and sell EU maritime surveillance data, in its latest push to shape EU policy.
02.10.13 @ 09:27
The EU commission wants to fingerprint anyone who enters the EU, but critics say it risks violating numerous privacy rights.
23.09.13 @ 08:42
Private security companies operating UK-based immigrant removal centres use formulas to calculate the profit loss incurred when detainees commit suicide under their watch.
News in Brief
- Human rights court fines Russia €1.8bn@ 10:37
- Sweden nominates Malmstrom for commissioner post@ 10:36
- Nato unprepared for Russia threat@ 09:13
- Juncker considers creating financial services post@ 09:13
- Portuguese bank reports €3.6bn loss@ 09:13
- Hungary nominates foreign minister for commissioner post30'th @ 19:22
- Nato: Over 12,000 Russian troops on Ukraine border30'th @ 18:30
- Russian central bank to help blacklisted banks30'th @ 14:15
- Russia ordered to pay €1.8bn by human rights court@ 17:22
- New EU commission risks delay over gender issue@ 15:25
- Israeli attack on school in Gaza is 'outrageous', says UN@ 09:30
- Russia threatens Europe with higher energy prices@ 09:04
- EU blacklists three Putin 'cronies'30'th @ 21:59
- Ebola risk in Europe 'extremely low'30'th @ 19:17
- US joins EU on Russia economic sanctions30'th @ 09:28
- EU to 'scrutinise' Cameron's migrant benefits plan30'th @ 09:15
- EEAS: Statement on the downing of Malaysia Airlines flight. In memoriam of Pim de Kuijer
- IFSBH: Join our new initiative: People United for Spina Bifida and Hydrocephalus!
- ACCA: Supports a coherent EU Single Market as to the balance of competences in the UK
- EIPA: Preparing for New EPSO Competitions: Luxembourg, 08 September 2014
- EIPA: Tools for Implementation of EU Policies at National Level. Luxembourg, 22-25/ 09/ 2014
- EPHA: 5th Annual Conference 4-5 September 2014, Brussels | Register before 31st July
- Centre Maurits Coppieters: Launches a new youtube channel
- ACCA: Implementing the New European Accounting Directive: Making the right choices
- UNESDA: Impact of food taxes on public health inconclusive and contradictory as per EC study
- European Federalist Party: Juncker is the 1st elected European Commission President