02.04.14 @ 09:25
Private security firms are bidding to guard EU-funded migrant detention centres in Greece, amid a report by Medecins Sans Frontiers which says poor conditions are causing disease.
19.09.13 @ 08:50
19.09.13 @ 08:49
25.09.13 @ 09:25
19.09.13 @ 08:50
10.10.13 @ 14:45
MEPs Thursday gave the green light to a new European Border Surveillance system. Critics says the deal places too much emphasis on stopping migration rather than saving lives.
01.10.13 @ 09:02
EOS, a trade body of some of Europe's main arms dealers, wants to buy and sell EU maritime surveillance data, in its latest push to shape EU policy.
02.10.13 @ 09:27
The EU commission wants to fingerprint anyone who enters the EU, but critics say it risks violating numerous privacy rights.
23.09.13 @ 08:42
Private security companies operating UK-based immigrant removal centres use formulas to calculate the profit loss incurred when detainees commit suicide under their watch.
News in Brief
- Bribery allegations mar Greek presidential vote19'th @ 14:14
- Russia seeks to jail top anti-corruption activist for 10 years19'th @ 14:13
- IMF holds back tranche for Cyprus19'th @ 09:04
- Tsipras wants to 'cancel austerity' if elected19'th @ 09:03
- Poroshenko calls on parliament to adopt bill on joining Nato19'th @ 09:03
- Italian president to step down19'th @ 09:03
- Poland warns of veto on UK migrant benefits cuts plan19'th @ 09:02
- Dutch coalition saved by deal on health bill19'th @ 01:27
- Tusk praised for 'short, concise' EU summit19'th @ 16:49
- Thousands protest in Brussels against EU-US trade ageement19'th @ 16:45
- Luxembourg caves in to EU tax listing demands19'th @ 09:01
- Merkel: EU strategy is to maintain Russia sanctions19'th @ 01:36
- TTIP by end of 2015, EU leaders pledge19'th @ 01:34
- EU leaders want 'urgent' action on investment fund18'th @ 22:29
- OpinionEU-Turkey ties will survive war of words18'th @ 21:07
- Court crushes EU plan to join human rights convention18'th @ 18:36
- Jan Philipp Albrecht: Study on Data Retention after the Judgement of the Court of Justice of the European Union
- Cecilia Wikström: EU Governments must come clean on CIA torture programme
- Tonino Picula: Georgia needs support of the European Union today!
- Michael Theurer: Noch mehr Schulden sind nicht der Ausweg aus der Schuldenfalle!
- Eva Paunova: Granted JA-YE and AmCham EU Youth Entrepreneurship Award
- Tonino Picula: The youngest European state deserves future in EU, I said to FMA after visiting Kosovo
- Eva Paunova: Meets US Chief negotiator on TTIP during diplomatic visit in Washington DC
- Jerzy Buzek: Congratulations to the town Kisielice for winning the EU 2014 ManagEnergy Award
- Victor Negrescu: S&D40 members meeting with the leader of the S&D Group, Gianni Pitella
- Jan Philipp Albrecht: Digital market/Google: MEPs fail to focus consumer rights and net neutrality
- Access Now: U.S. pushing to undermine net neutrality & privacy in major trade agreements
- Carbon Market Watch: Carbon offsets from Alberta’s tar sands jeopardize EU fuel rules
- Counter Balance: Juncker's investment offensive targets dodgy projects, new stories everyday
- EBF: Downward trend in bank robberies continues
- EBF: Adoption of fourth EU Anti-Money Laundering Directive
- COFACE: News - December 2014
- Oxfam: EU executives’ fixation with private sector compromises commitment to poor people
- Martens Centre: 5 reasons why the end of South Stream should mark the start of Energy Union
- Dialogue Platform: Calls for release of journalists detained in Turkey
- EMHRN: Egypt: Const. Committee Testify to Baselessness of Charges in Shura Council Case