02.04.14 @ 09:25
Private security firms are bidding to guard EU-funded migrant detention centres in Greece, amid a report by Medecins Sans Frontiers which says poor conditions are causing disease.
19.09.13 @ 08:50
19.09.13 @ 08:49
25.09.13 @ 09:25
19.09.13 @ 08:50
10.10.13 @ 14:45
MEPs Thursday gave the green light to a new European Border Surveillance system. Critics says the deal places too much emphasis on stopping migration rather than saving lives.
01.10.13 @ 09:02
EOS, a trade body of some of Europe's main arms dealers, wants to buy and sell EU maritime surveillance data, in its latest push to shape EU policy.
02.10.13 @ 09:27
The EU commission wants to fingerprint anyone who enters the EU, but critics say it risks violating numerous privacy rights.
23.09.13 @ 08:42
Private security companies operating UK-based immigrant removal centres use formulas to calculate the profit loss incurred when detainees commit suicide under their watch.
News in Brief
- Spain contributes €120mn to UN climate fund@ 17:04
- Finland legalizes same-sex marriage@ 16:44
- Moldovan PM: We don't want to join Nato@ 09:27
- Germany bows to pressure and accepts EU trade deal@ 09:09
- France to debate Palestine independence@ 09:09
- Juncker defends Luxembourg tax regime@ 09:08
- UK summons PwC tax chief to LuxLeaks hearing@ 09:05
- Rajoy: No 'generalised corruption' in Spain@ 09:04
- AgendaTusk takes over from Van Rompuy this WEEK28'th @ 17:34
- OpinionConflict minerals: EU can save lives and boost profits28'th @ 16:31
- France gets three months to tweak budget28'th @ 16:20
- EU commission proposes €141bn budget in last-minute talks28'th @ 16:01
- French and German economies must come closer, experts say28'th @ 13:18
- Cameron to unveil latest anti-EU migrant plan28'th @ 09:29
- Hollande first EU leader to visit Ebola-hit Guinea28'th @ 09:24
- France, Italy, Belgium to get extra three months on deficit and debt27'th @ 20:01
- Jan Philipp Albrecht: Digital market/Google: MEPs fail to focus consumer rights and net neutrality
- Danuta Hübner: Danuta Hübner at the first meeting of the EPP Working Group on TTiP
- Danuta Hübner: Jobs, Growth & Investment Package to succeed if mobilizes private sector
- Eva Paunova: Digital techs must be recognised as best route to growth and development
- Jan Philipp Albrecht: EU-Canada PNR scheme must have legality assessed by European Court
- Cecilia Wikström: Interview - From a priest to an MEP
- Martina Dlabajová: Still no discharge for the Council from the Budgetary Control Committee
- Jerzy Buzek: Reindustrialisation & climate targets married via research on clean coal technologies
- Michael Theurer: Dalligate II: Time to return to the facts and follow checks and balances
- Victor Negrescu: The Next Generation Innovators
- EN.DELFI: Why Russia's threat to Baltic states is so real
- Access Now: Wishing “Bon voyage” to PNR agreements in Europe
- EBF: EBF underlines need to match EFSI funds with stable economic framework
- European SchoolNet: Making competence based education a reality in schools across Europe
- CESI: Breaking Down Barriers: Towards Gender Equality at Work. Lunch debate, 11 Dec
- Counter Balance: Junker investment package shifts risks from private investors to EU taxpayers
- ThinkYoung: Join the Charity Dinner for UNICEF by ThinkYoung & Burson Marsteller to fight Ebola!
- Access Now: Save the Internet: The EU MS are about to turn their backs on Net Neutrality
- Martens Centre: Invites you to the Transatlantic Think Tank Conference on 4 Dec, register now!
- EMHRN: Day for the Elimination of Violence vs. Women: Bleak Picture for the Euro-Med Region