02.04.14 @ 09:25
Private security firms are bidding to guard EU-funded migrant detention centres in Greece, amid a report by Medecins Sans Frontiers which says poor conditions are causing disease.
19.09.13 @ 08:50
19.09.13 @ 08:49
25.09.13 @ 09:25
19.09.13 @ 08:50
10.10.13 @ 14:45
MEPs Thursday gave the green light to a new European Border Surveillance system. Critics says the deal places too much emphasis on stopping migration rather than saving lives.
01.10.13 @ 09:02
EOS, a trade body of some of Europe's main arms dealers, wants to buy and sell EU maritime surveillance data, in its latest push to shape EU policy.
02.10.13 @ 09:27
The EU commission wants to fingerprint anyone who enters the EU, but critics say it risks violating numerous privacy rights.
23.09.13 @ 08:42
Private security companies operating UK-based immigrant removal centres use formulas to calculate the profit loss incurred when detainees commit suicide under their watch.
News in Brief
- EU and Russia to hold new gas talks19'th @ 21:08
- Scottish leader Salmond to resign19'th @ 19:29
- Catalonia sticks to referendum plan after Scottish No19'th @ 13:28
- EU's 'Eastern Partnership' ministers stepping aside19'th @ 11:13
- EU welcomes Scottish vote outcome19'th @ 10:52
- Russian jets violate Swedish airspace19'th @ 09:59
- Russia complains of Lithuania 'provocations'19'th @ 09:59
- Stop TTIP announces court-case against EU commission19'th @ 09:29
- Catalonia to press ahead with referendum after Scottish No19'th @ 16:06
- OpinionScotland's referendum - nothing and everything changes19'th @ 15:04
- Cameron promises more devolution across UK19'th @ 09:32
- Ukraine says Europe at risk of 'terrible war'19'th @ 09:30
- Scotland chooses to stay in UK19'th @ 07:10
- Voting under way in Scottish independence referendum18'th @ 09:29
- Finnish PM faces backlash over Russia nuclear plant18'th @ 09:28
- OpinionEU asylum and war criminals: No place to hide18'th @ 08:50
- MEP Dita Charanzová: Hearing on EU-Russia Sanctions: Need for a new Trade Policy? 24 Sept - 13h00 P1A002
- EMHRN: UN Commission on Syria recognises dangers facing human rights defenders
- EU-ASE: Business leaders push the Danish Government for ambitious energy savings
- Oxfam: Back to school
- CESI: Event: Working Time Directive – new term, new impetus? 25 September 2014, 1pm-3pm
- Martens Centre: Economic Ideas Forum 2014, 16-17 Oct in Bratislava, register now!
- EBF: Tax Conference to review G20 talks on Automatic Exchange
- EuFoA: Basque Parliament recognizes Nagorno-Karabakh self-determination
- Europeche: EU fishing sector demands responsible and committed future Commissioner
- Eurocommerce: ECJ judgment on MasterCard: a great victory for EU consumers & retailers