28.05.14 @ 19:57
Eight member states say the EU should not boost its 2014 budget by €4.7 billion to cover delayed bills for infrastructure projects in eastern Europe.
10.10.13 @ 09:26
11.10.13 @ 08:52
02.10.13 @ 09:20
09.10.13 @ 08:47
30.04.14 @ 18:32
Ten years after enlargement, a Polish and a German town on the river Oder have gone through a 'miraculous' transformation.
01.11.13 @ 19:52
Berliners are heading to the polls on Sunday in a referendum on buying back the city's power grid, in a test for local democracy.
22.10.13 @ 09:28
Flats in Germany's major cities are overpriced by up to 20 percent, but the overall economy is not yet in danger from a real estate bubble, the Bundesbank has said.
28.02.14 @ 09:20
Home to the largest financial sector in the EU, Inner London is the bloc's richest region. Luxembourg, another financial powerhouse is second, followed by the EU capital, Brussels.
22.10.13 @ 09:13
The EU has revamped its regional aid policy leaving national programmers nervous about the more rigorous rules. Experts says they are right to be nervous.
18.10.13 @ 10:23
As EU-backed projects go, the hydroelectric Alqueva dam in the Alentejo region of Portugal looks mighty impressive.
17.10.13 @ 09:19
As more key powers are transferred to Brussels, it poses an existential question for central governments. But regions are anxious to step into the breach.
08.10.13 @ 09:13
EU regional aid commissioner Johannes Hahn has said billions of euros of EU taxpayers' money has been spent with no clear strategy or benchmarks on whether it does any good.
07.10.13 @ 18:00
Bulgaria has the highest percentage of citizens at risk of poverty in the EU while the UK is home to the greatest wealth disparity between regions.
16.09.13 @ 09:22
Merkel's sister party, the CSU, has won regional elections in Bavaria, but her Liberal coalition partner fared poorly in a bad omen for the Chancellor.
15.10.13 @ 09:26
Brussels became the EU's capital by accident rather than design. The sprawling EU quarter is an ugly testament to this fact. Yet change is underway.
09.10.13 @ 09:26
The recent groundbreaking trip by a container ship from China to Rotterdam was yet another reminder that the Arctic region is slowly being opened up.
01.10.13 @ 17:08
Merkel's strict deficit and debt rules will come fully into force in 2019, with German cities warning that it will be at the expense of disabled people and children.
22.07.13 @ 16:39
Linking EU regional funds to economic reforms is "fair" because it would apply to all EU states, regional policy commissioner Johannes Hahn has said, amid opposition from MEPs.
News in Brief
- EU urges Russia to release Lithuania fishing boat@ 19:22
- New EU health chief says no to chlorinated chicken and GMOs@ 17:52
- Cameron: 'I wouldn't be heartbroken if UK left EU'@ 17:46
- EU countries to maintain Russia sanctions@ 17:26
- Putin to visit EU-aspirant Serbia@ 13:38
- Lobbyists spend at least €99mn in EU capital@ 13:38
- Hong Kong rallies expected in European cities@ 13:37
- Malmstrom gets green light from EP trade committee@ 13:02
- New Austrian commissioner backs EU sanctions on Russia@ 20:12
- EU embassies should take asylum requests, new commissioner says@ 19:07
- French EU commissioner to share powers on national budgets@ 17:52
- OpinionNew EU commissioner needs to be more active on Roma@ 17:46
- Apple's tax deal illegal, EU commission tells Ireland@ 17:45
- AnalysisCould Putin's troops 'be in Warsaw in two days'?@ 11:18
- Oettinger's digital plans focus on better infrastructure@ 10:32
- Juncker defends lobby-friendly restructuring of commission services@ 09:29
- Oxfam: Ahead of TTIP, Europe seeks to expand pharma monopoly at expense of people
- EN.DELFI: Russian Soldiers - cheap and luckless
- EBF: Financial Integration Report highlights ongoing fragmentation
- ACCA: Evaluating the impact of IFRS in the EU
- Access: Document shows Commissioner Malmström secretly undermines data protection
- EN.DELFI: Putin forces West to choose between Ukraine and Middle East
- Swedish Enterprises: ECIPE demystifies investor-state dispute settlements in trade agreements
- Martens Centre: Building a Lifeline for Freedom - Eastern Partnership 2.0 Brussels, 07 October
- MEP Dita Charanzová: We need a new trade policy after Russian Sanctions