28.05.14 @ 19:57
Eight member states say the EU should not boost its 2014 budget by €4.7 billion to cover delayed bills for infrastructure projects in eastern Europe.
10.10.13 @ 09:26
11.10.13 @ 08:52
02.10.13 @ 09:20
09.10.13 @ 08:47
30.04.14 @ 18:32
Ten years after enlargement, a Polish and a German town on the river Oder have gone through a 'miraculous' transformation.
01.11.13 @ 19:52
Berliners are heading to the polls on Sunday in a referendum on buying back the city's power grid, in a test for local democracy.
22.10.13 @ 09:28
Flats in Germany's major cities are overpriced by up to 20 percent, but the overall economy is not yet in danger from a real estate bubble, the Bundesbank has said.
28.02.14 @ 09:20
Home to the largest financial sector in the EU, Inner London is the bloc's richest region. Luxembourg, another financial powerhouse is second, followed by the EU capital, Brussels.
22.10.13 @ 09:13
The EU has revamped its regional aid policy leaving national programmers nervous about the more rigorous rules. Experts says they are right to be nervous.
18.10.13 @ 10:23
As EU-backed projects go, the hydroelectric Alqueva dam in the Alentejo region of Portugal looks mighty impressive.
17.10.13 @ 09:19
As more key powers are transferred to Brussels, it poses an existential question for central governments. But regions are anxious to step into the breach.
08.10.13 @ 09:13
EU regional aid commissioner Johannes Hahn has said billions of euros of EU taxpayers' money has been spent with no clear strategy or benchmarks on whether it does any good.
07.10.13 @ 18:00
Bulgaria has the highest percentage of citizens at risk of poverty in the EU while the UK is home to the greatest wealth disparity between regions.
16.09.13 @ 09:22
Merkel's sister party, the CSU, has won regional elections in Bavaria, but her Liberal coalition partner fared poorly in a bad omen for the Chancellor.
15.10.13 @ 09:26
Brussels became the EU's capital by accident rather than design. The sprawling EU quarter is an ugly testament to this fact. Yet change is underway.
09.10.13 @ 09:26
The recent groundbreaking trip by a container ship from China to Rotterdam was yet another reminder that the Arctic region is slowly being opened up.
01.10.13 @ 17:08
Merkel's strict deficit and debt rules will come fully into force in 2019, with German cities warning that it will be at the expense of disabled people and children.
22.07.13 @ 16:39
Linking EU regional funds to economic reforms is "fair" because it would apply to all EU states, regional policy commissioner Johannes Hahn has said, amid opposition from MEPs.
News in Brief
- EU and Ukrainian parliaments ratify treaty@ 12:38
- Italy has rescued 23,000 migrants in territorial waters since October@ 11:47
- Van Rompuy to take up teaching post@ 09:18
- Nobel prize winner: Putin makes me sick@ 09:17
- Kiev offers special status to eastern regions@ 09:03
- Pro-EU Ukrainians outraged by trade deal delay@ 09:01
- London leaders in last-minute pledge to Scotland@ 09:00
- Boost for anti-IS coalition at French meeting15'th @ 17:41
- EU struggling to cope with Russia food ban@ 13:26
- OpinionThe road ahead for an independent Scotland@ 12:43
- Big and small MEPs jostle in EU parliament@ 09:29
- EU urges stronger Ebola response from member states@ 09:26
- Nato describes Russia and Islamic State as main threats15'th @ 16:02
- Sweden swings to left, far-right party surges to third place15'th @ 10:55
- MEPs threaten budget suspension over transparency15'th @ 09:29
- Nato states begin exercise in west Ukraine, weapons deliveries15'th @ 09:27
- Europeche: EU fishing sector demands responsible and committed future Commissioner
- Eurocommerce: ECJ judgment on MasterCard: a great victory for EU consumers & retailers
- ACCA: The new Commission has the right credentials for the challenges faced by the EU
- Counter Balance: What perspectives on the Project Bond Initiative
- EBF: EBF statement on the Juncker Commission
- Counter Balance: Corporate interest on way to win over the EU banks transparency policy
- EBF: European banks – EBF statement on financial transaction tax
- SUPERHUB: Join the final Trials! We are looking for urban travellers in Barcelona, Helsinki, Milan.
- EuFoA: Barriers to Resolving Nagorno-Karabakh
- DIESIS: COMETA Final Conference: 18/09, Brussels: discover the project’s results and tools