28.02.14 @ 09:20
Home to the largest financial sector in the EU, Inner London is the bloc's richest region. Luxembourg, another financial powerhouse is second, followed by the EU capital, Brussels.
10.10.13 @ 09:26
11.10.13 @ 08:52
02.10.13 @ 09:20
09.10.13 @ 08:47
01.11.13 @ 19:52
Berliners are heading to the polls on Sunday in a referendum on buying back the city's power grid, in a test for local democracy.
22.10.13 @ 09:28
Flats in Germany's major cities are overpriced by up to 20 percent, but the overall economy is not yet in danger from a real estate bubble, the Bundesbank has said.
17.10.13 @ 09:19
As more key powers are transferred to Brussels, it poses an existential question for central governments. But regions are anxious to step into the breach.
22.10.13 @ 09:13
The EU has revamped its regional aid policy leaving national programmers nervous about the more rigorous rules. Experts says they are right to be nervous.
18.10.13 @ 10:23
As EU-backed projects go, the hydroelectric Alqueva dam in the Alentejo region of Portugal looks mighty impressive.
15.10.13 @ 09:26
Brussels became the EU's capital by accident rather than design. The sprawling EU quarter is an ugly testament to this fact. Yet change is underway.
08.10.13 @ 09:13
EU regional aid commissioner Johannes Hahn has said billions of euros of EU taxpayers' money has been spent with no clear strategy or benchmarks on whether it does any good.
07.10.13 @ 18:00
Bulgaria has the highest percentage of citizens at risk of poverty in the EU while the UK is home to the greatest wealth disparity between regions.
16.09.13 @ 09:22
Merkel's sister party, the CSU, has won regional elections in Bavaria, but her Liberal coalition partner fared poorly in a bad omen for the Chancellor.
10.07.13 @ 21:33
The European Parliament is opposing demands by a German-led group of countries to link the payment of EU regional funds to how countries sticks to macroeconomic reforms.
09.10.13 @ 09:26
The recent groundbreaking trip by a container ship from China to Rotterdam was yet another reminder that the Arctic region is slowly being opened up.
01.10.13 @ 17:08
Merkel's strict deficit and debt rules will come fully into force in 2019, with German cities warning that it will be at the expense of disabled people and children.
22.07.13 @ 16:39
Linking EU regional funds to economic reforms is "fair" because it would apply to all EU states, regional policy commissioner Johannes Hahn has said, amid opposition from MEPs.
25.06.13 @ 08:49
Former California governor Schwarzenegger unleashed lashings of can-do attitude on climate change at a meeting with local leaders in Brussels.
News in Brief
- Juncker elected EPP's top candidate for commission presidency7'th @ 16:01
- Ten EU countries want Ukraine mission7'th @ 13:40
- Centre-right group adopts election manifesto7'th @ 13:04
- Centre-right leaders say Ukraine has a shot at EU membership7'th @ 13:03
- Russian ambassador pours scorn on EU 'freezes'7'th @ 10:27
- Cuba accepts offer to restore EU relations7'th @ 09:23
- Spain spends millions to keep immigrants out7'th @ 09:23
- Erdogan threatens to ban YouTube and Facebook7'th @ 09:22
- EU ElectionsJuncker elected centre-right's top EU candidate7'th @ 19:12
- Edward Snowden wants asylum in EU7'th @ 19:04
- OpinionOn 'doing' Ukraine7'th @ 18:38
- Centre-right leaders give Ukraine hope of EU membership7'th @ 17:56
- Stiglitz: ECB should scrap inflation targets7'th @ 09:34
- Transparency group pushes for stronger whistleblower laws7'th @ 09:28
- 'Putin will go as far as the West allows him to'7'th @ 09:19
- EU ElectionsAustrian far-right set for strong showing in EU vote7'th @ 08:58
- COFACE: and COFACE-Disability on the occasion of International Women’s Day
- Irradiare: EU workshop on biomethane – markets, value chains and applications
- Counter Balance: Take a virtual lobby tour through the heart of the EU
- EMHRN: International Women’s Day: Violence rises, impunity prevails
- EuFoA: Latest paper "EU-Armenia relations: future developments & prospects" published
- Greenpeace: EU energy ministers should get back in the saddle on climate & energy policy
- SUPERHUB: Join us at CeBIT 2014 Hannover the largest fair showcasing IT and telecom solutions
- COFACE: Less than 100 days to go to #EP2014. Need more info ? Sign up for #FamiliesVOTE2014
- EMHRN: Syrian Rights Groups to the Human Rights Council: Stop Violence against Women in Syria!
- EIPA: Efficiency and Quality of Justice Luxembourg, 27-28 March 2014