28.05.14 @ 19:57
Eight member states say the EU should not boost its 2014 budget by €4.7 billion to cover delayed bills for infrastructure projects in eastern Europe.
10.10.13 @ 09:26
11.10.13 @ 08:52
02.10.13 @ 09:20
09.10.13 @ 08:47
30.04.14 @ 18:32
Ten years after enlargement, a Polish and a German town on the river Oder have gone through a 'miraculous' transformation.
01.11.13 @ 19:52
Berliners are heading to the polls on Sunday in a referendum on buying back the city's power grid, in a test for local democracy.
22.10.13 @ 09:28
Flats in Germany's major cities are overpriced by up to 20 percent, but the overall economy is not yet in danger from a real estate bubble, the Bundesbank has said.
28.02.14 @ 09:20
Home to the largest financial sector in the EU, Inner London is the bloc's richest region. Luxembourg, another financial powerhouse is second, followed by the EU capital, Brussels.
22.10.13 @ 09:13
The EU has revamped its regional aid policy leaving national programmers nervous about the more rigorous rules. Experts says they are right to be nervous.
18.10.13 @ 10:23
As EU-backed projects go, the hydroelectric Alqueva dam in the Alentejo region of Portugal looks mighty impressive.
17.10.13 @ 09:19
As more key powers are transferred to Brussels, it poses an existential question for central governments. But regions are anxious to step into the breach.
08.10.13 @ 09:13
EU regional aid commissioner Johannes Hahn has said billions of euros of EU taxpayers' money has been spent with no clear strategy or benchmarks on whether it does any good.
07.10.13 @ 18:00
Bulgaria has the highest percentage of citizens at risk of poverty in the EU while the UK is home to the greatest wealth disparity between regions.
16.09.13 @ 09:22
Merkel's sister party, the CSU, has won regional elections in Bavaria, but her Liberal coalition partner fared poorly in a bad omen for the Chancellor.
15.10.13 @ 09:26
Brussels became the EU's capital by accident rather than design. The sprawling EU quarter is an ugly testament to this fact. Yet change is underway.
09.10.13 @ 09:26
The recent groundbreaking trip by a container ship from China to Rotterdam was yet another reminder that the Arctic region is slowly being opened up.
01.10.13 @ 17:08
Merkel's strict deficit and debt rules will come fully into force in 2019, with German cities warning that it will be at the expense of disabled people and children.
22.07.13 @ 16:39
Linking EU regional funds to economic reforms is "fair" because it would apply to all EU states, regional policy commissioner Johannes Hahn has said, amid opposition from MEPs.
News in Brief
- Hungary nominates foreign minister for commissioner post30'th @ 19:22
- Nato: Over 12,000 Russian troops on Ukraine border30'th @ 18:30
- Russian central bank to help blacklisted banks30'th @ 14:15
- Russia to ban Polish fruit and vegetable imports30'th @ 12:54
- EU boosts Syria aid30'th @ 09:12
- Moldova to receive €101 million in EU funds30'th @ 09:11
- EU government ransom money bankrolls terrorists30'th @ 09:06
- Former Catalan president in tax evasion scandal30'th @ 09:05
- EU blacklists three Putin 'cronies'@ 21:59
- Ebola risk in Europe 'extremely low'@ 19:17
- US joins EU on Russia economic sanctions@ 09:28
- EU to 'scrutinise' Cameron's migrant benefits plan@ 09:15
- EU approves economic sanctions on Russia29'th @ 19:52
- Ex-Kosovo paramilitaries face war crimes indictment29'th @ 17:31
- OpinionStopping the wave of asylum seekers means fixing Libya29'th @ 16:10
- Obama, EU leaders agree on Russia sanctions29'th @ 09:28
- EEAS: Statement on the downing of Malaysia Airlines flight. In memoriam of Pim de Kuijer
- IFSBH: Join our new initiative: People United for Spina Bifida and Hydrocephalus!
- ACCA: Supports a coherent EU Single Market as to the balance of competences in the UK
- EIPA: Preparing for New EPSO Competitions: Luxembourg, 08 September 2014
- EIPA: Tools for Implementation of EU Policies at National Level. Luxembourg, 22-25/ 09/ 2014
- EPHA: 5th Annual Conference 4-5 September 2014, Brussels | Register before 31st July
- Centre Maurits Coppieters: Launches a new youtube channel
- ACCA: Implementing the New European Accounting Directive: Making the right choices
- UNESDA: Impact of food taxes on public health inconclusive and contradictory as per EC study
- European Federalist Party: Juncker is the 1st elected European Commission President