15.12.14 @ 08:49
Two European courts banned the service UberPop, and a regional minister from Brussels announced tough measures.
07.11.14 @ 14:50
10.10.14 @ 09:36
08.10.14 @ 16:58
08.10.14 @ 08:23
16.10.14 @ 08:00
New rules governing how EU aid money is spent has already resulted in better thought-out projects, says the European Commission but local politicians grumble that they continue to drown in red tape.
14.10.14 @ 07:29
The energetic pro-independence campaigns in Scotland and Catalonia are an inspiration for other pro-independence movements in Europe.
28.05.14 @ 19:57
Eight member states say the EU should not boost its 2014 budget by €4.7 billion to cover delayed bills for infrastructure projects in eastern Europe.
15.10.14 @ 09:07
Will English cities gain new powers from a new UK devolution settlement? That is one question following the Scottish referendum.
07.10.14 @ 07:36
Autonomy is not interesting to Russians in Latvia because it won’t solve their poverty: A report on mini-Russia inside the European Union.
30.04.14 @ 18:32
Ten years after enlargement, a Polish and a German town on the river Oder have gone through a 'miraculous' transformation.
28.02.14 @ 09:20
Home to the largest financial sector in the EU, Inner London is the bloc's richest region. Luxembourg, another financial powerhouse is second, followed by the EU capital, Brussels.
22.10.13 @ 09:13
The EU has revamped its regional aid policy leaving national programmers nervous about the more rigorous rules. Experts says they are right to be nervous.
18.10.13 @ 10:23
As EU-backed projects go, the hydroelectric Alqueva dam in the Alentejo region of Portugal looks mighty impressive.
15.10.13 @ 09:26
Brussels became the EU's capital by accident rather than design. The sprawling EU quarter is an ugly testament to this fact. Yet change is underway.
01.11.13 @ 19:52
Berliners are heading to the polls on Sunday in a referendum on buying back the city's power grid, in a test for local democracy.
22.10.13 @ 09:28
Flats in Germany's major cities are overpriced by up to 20 percent, but the overall economy is not yet in danger from a real estate bubble, the Bundesbank has said.
17.10.13 @ 09:19
As more key powers are transferred to Brussels, it poses an existential question for central governments. But regions are anxious to step into the breach.
08.10.13 @ 09:13
EU regional aid commissioner Johannes Hahn has said billions of euros of EU taxpayers' money has been spent with no clear strategy or benchmarks on whether it does any good.
News in Brief
- Bribery allegations mar Greek presidential vote19'th @ 14:14
- Russia seeks to jail top anti-corruption activist for 10 years19'th @ 14:13
- IMF holds back tranche for Cyprus19'th @ 09:04
- Tsipras wants to 'cancel austerity' if elected19'th @ 09:03
- Poroshenko calls on parliament to adopt bill on joining Nato19'th @ 09:03
- Italian president to step down19'th @ 09:03
- Poland warns of veto on UK migrant benefits cuts plan19'th @ 09:02
- Dutch coalition saved by deal on health bill19'th @ 01:27
- Tusk praised for 'short, concise' EU summit19'th @ 16:49
- Thousands protest in Brussels against EU-US trade ageement19'th @ 16:45
- Luxembourg caves in to EU tax listing demands19'th @ 09:01
- Merkel: EU strategy is to maintain Russia sanctions19'th @ 01:36
- TTIP by end of 2015, EU leaders pledge19'th @ 01:34
- EU leaders want 'urgent' action on investment fund18'th @ 22:29
- OpinionEU-Turkey ties will survive war of words18'th @ 21:07
- Court crushes EU plan to join human rights convention18'th @ 18:36
- Jan Philipp Albrecht: Study on Data Retention after the Judgement of the Court of Justice of the European Union
- Cecilia Wikström: EU Governments must come clean on CIA torture programme
- Tonino Picula: Georgia needs support of the European Union today!
- Michael Theurer: Noch mehr Schulden sind nicht der Ausweg aus der Schuldenfalle!
- Eva Paunova: Granted JA-YE and AmCham EU Youth Entrepreneurship Award
- Tonino Picula: The youngest European state deserves future in EU, I said to FMA after visiting Kosovo
- Eva Paunova: Meets US Chief negotiator on TTIP during diplomatic visit in Washington DC
- Jerzy Buzek: Congratulations to the town Kisielice for winning the EU 2014 ManagEnergy Award
- Victor Negrescu: S&D40 members meeting with the leader of the S&D Group, Gianni Pitella
- Jan Philipp Albrecht: Digital market/Google: MEPs fail to focus consumer rights and net neutrality
- Access Now: U.S. pushing to undermine net neutrality & privacy in major trade agreements
- Carbon Market Watch: Carbon offsets from Alberta’s tar sands jeopardize EU fuel rules
- Counter Balance: Juncker's investment offensive targets dodgy projects, new stories everyday
- EBF: Downward trend in bank robberies continues
- EBF: Adoption of fourth EU Anti-Money Laundering Directive
- COFACE: News - December 2014
- Oxfam: EU executives’ fixation with private sector compromises commitment to poor people
- Martens Centre: 5 reasons why the end of South Stream should mark the start of Energy Union
- Dialogue Platform: Calls for release of journalists detained in Turkey
- EMHRN: Egypt: Const. Committee Testify to Baselessness of Charges in Shura Council Case