20.08.14 @ 07:37
Industry lobbying saw EU institutions water down a new tobacco law between 2009 and 2014, a new study by British scientists has found.
17.06.14 @ 17:40
15.01.14 @ 16:03
16.12.13 @ 09:29
21.10.13 @ 18:05
15.08.14 @ 09:21
Africa's Ebola outbreak could see infected people enter Europe, but EU and UN experts say the risk of it spreading is “very low”.
17.07.14 @ 13:15
Obesity may be considered a disability if it affects how a person does their job, the EU's top court said Thursday
13.07.14 @ 15:07
Market fundamentalists are testing something even more dangerous than privatisation of public goods in Greece; public workers now face arrest for being on strike.
30.07.14 @ 19:17
The risk of Ebola reaching the EU is “extremely low” but the possibility cannot be ruled out entirely.
16.07.14 @ 08:54
A bill to reform 20-year old EU laws on maternity leave is being withdrawn after being stuck at the member state level for too long.
10.07.14 @ 19:14
The EU’s student exchange programme Erasmus funded the studies of nearly 270,000 students in 2012/3, a record 15,000 more than previous year, the European Commission said on Thursday (10 July).
09.07.14 @ 19:17
French pharmaceutical Servier will bear the brunt of a €427 million anti-trust fine in the largest ‘pay for delay’ case brought by the European Commission.
19.06.14 @ 09:45
The European Commission has announced that a plan to extend maternity leave for pregnant workers is one of five bills that will not be retabled in the next legislature.
14.06.14 @ 16:38
The EU’s social affairs commissioner lashed out at the EU’s response to the economic crisis.
29.05.14 @ 09:16
The European Commission has dismissed a campaign to scrap funding for stem cell research and reproductive health services.
26.06.14 @ 09:22
A new study has defied stereotypes by showing that Romanian and Greek people are among the hardest working in Europe.
18.06.14 @ 19:12
Scandinavians may be among Europe’s highest taxed, but they are also the happiest according to new research by the UK’s Office of National Statistics.
03.06.14 @ 09:28
Austerity measures meant to pull Europe out of the crisis have put some 800,000 children into poverty, according to a new report.
22.05.14 @ 17:56
Thousands of workers across the EU are set to see a boost to their holiday pay as a result of a ruling by the EU's top court.
News in Brief
- Argentina's import rules for EU firms illegal, says WTO22'nd @ 20:00
- EU to support dairy farmers affected by Russian ban22'nd @ 19:58
- Putin's aid convoy crosses into Ukraine22'nd @ 09:28
- Ireland testing deceased man for Ebola22'nd @ 09:28
- Consultancies scoop big contracts on EU bank supervision22'nd @ 09:28
- Italy to delay budget update22'nd @ 09:27
- EU bans powerful vacuum cleaners to save energy22'nd @ 09:26
- Belgium looking for power after nuclear shutdowns22'nd @ 09:26
- Lithuanian FM: Ukraine will not attack Russian convoy22'nd @ 19:56
- Marijuana should stay illegal, young Europeans say22'nd @ 12:40
- Report: EU countries set out new vision for Gaza22'nd @ 09:24
- AnalysisCan Europe afford a Russia trade war?22'nd @ 09:23
- Scottish EU membership 'not in serious doubt'21'st @ 09:28
- Russia relaxes EU food ban, counts costs21'st @ 09:27
- Poland demands WTO challenge over Russia food ban20'th @ 07:45
- Tobacco lobbying warped EU law, British scientists 'prove'20'th @ 07:37
- EuFoA: Tension rises in Nagorno-Karabakh as ceasefire negotiations are underway
- EEAS: Statement on the downing of Malaysia Airlines flight. In memoriam of Pim de Kuijer
- IFSBH: Join our new initiative: People United for Spina Bifida and Hydrocephalus!
- ACCA: Supports a coherent EU Single Market as to the balance of competences in the UK
- EIPA: Preparing for New EPSO Competitions: Luxembourg, 08 September 2014
- EIPA: Tools for Implementation of EU Policies at National Level. Luxembourg, 22-25/ 09/ 2014
- EPHA: 5th Annual Conference 4-5 September 2014, Brussels
- Centre Maurits Coppieters: Launches a new youtube channel
- ACCA: Implementing the New European Accounting Directive: Making the right choices
- UNESDA: Impact of food taxes on public health inconclusive and contradictory as per EC study