26.02.14 @ 18:26
New EU-wide rules to curb smoking are likely over the summer, as MEPs backed a bill to restrict tobacco flavourings, adverts, and the sale of electronic cigarettes.
15.01.14 @ 16:03
16.12.13 @ 09:29
21.10.13 @ 18:05
03.10.13 @ 08:00
21.02.14 @ 18:45
Athens and its creditors are guilty of "denialism" about the scale of the public health crisis caused by the country's harsh austerity programme, medical researchers have claimed.
14.02.14 @ 09:29
The EU commission wants to end US control over the governance of the internet, according to a report published this week.
10.02.14 @ 09:23
British figures indicate that just as many UK citizens live in the EU as vice-versa, despite popular perceptions.
14.02.14 @ 17:39
A town of WWII destruction and reconstruction, Communism and floods, Dresden is now fighting to keep its memory untainted by neo-Nazis.
14.02.14 @ 09:28
The troika caused social devastation by forcing eurozone crisis countries to ignore social and welfare standards, MEPs have said.
05.02.14 @ 18:12
Google's own services will be flagged up in internet searches for the sake of transparency, as part of an emerging deal with EU regulators.
05.02.14 @ 10:27
Online music providers such as Spotify and iTunes will be able to buy licences allowing them to offer music across the entire EU, under legislation backed by MEPs on Tuesday.
29.01.14 @ 09:29
Austerity programmes agreed with international lenders are in breach of the EU's Charter of Fundamental Rights, a German legal expert has said.
22.01.14 @ 09:32
One in four Europeans are at risk of poverty, the European Commission has said.
14.01.14 @ 09:25
Europe's young people lack the skills for work despite record levels of unemployment, according to a new report.
31.01.14 @ 21:06
Romania's president has strongly defended freedom of movement within the EU, saying Roma have the same rights as other EU citizens and should not be misused for populist campaigns.
23.01.14 @ 18:43
Two MEPs are seeking parliament-wide support to pressure the Belgian government not to expel Afghans living rough in a Brussels church.
14.01.14 @ 20:51
An unknown number of migrants in the EU are caught in a legal limbo, denied basic rights and unable to return to their home countries.
13.01.14 @ 17:49
The EU commission has outlined ways national authorities can prevent EU migrants from abusing social welfare.
News in Brief
- Juncker elected EPP's top candidate for commission presidency7'th @ 16:01
- Ten EU countries want Ukraine mission7'th @ 13:40
- Centre-right group adopts election manifesto7'th @ 13:04
- Centre-right leaders say Ukraine has a shot at EU membership7'th @ 13:03
- Russian ambassador pours scorn on EU 'freezes'7'th @ 10:27
- Cuba accepts offer to restore EU relations7'th @ 09:23
- Spain spends millions to keep immigrants out7'th @ 09:23
- Erdogan threatens to ban YouTube and Facebook7'th @ 09:22
- EU ElectionsJuncker elected centre-right's top EU candidate7'th @ 19:12
- Edward Snowden wants asylum in EU7'th @ 19:04
- OpinionOn 'doing' Ukraine7'th @ 18:38
- Centre-right leaders give Ukraine hope of EU membership7'th @ 17:56
- Stiglitz: ECB should scrap inflation targets7'th @ 09:34
- Transparency group pushes for stronger whistleblower laws7'th @ 09:28
- 'Putin will go as far as the West allows him to'7'th @ 09:19
- EU ElectionsAustrian far-right set for strong showing in EU vote7'th @ 08:58
- COFACE: and COFACE-Disability on the occasion of International Women’s Day
- Irradiare: EU workshop on biomethane – markets, value chains and applications
- Counter Balance: Take a virtual lobby tour through the heart of the EU
- EMHRN: International Women’s Day: Violence rises, impunity prevails
- EuFoA: Latest paper "EU-Armenia relations: future developments & prospects" published
- Greenpeace: EU energy ministers should get back in the saddle on climate & energy policy
- SUPERHUB: Join us at CeBIT 2014 Hannover the largest fair showcasing IT and telecom solutions
- COFACE: Less than 100 days to go to #EP2014. Need more info ? Sign up for #FamiliesVOTE2014
- EMHRN: Syrian Rights Groups to the Human Rights Council: Stop Violence against Women in Syria!
- EIPA: Efficiency and Quality of Justice Luxembourg, 27-28 March 2014