17.04.14 @ 09:29
Europe is facing its largest human rights crisis in over two decades, according to the Strasbourg-based Council of Europe.
15.01.14 @ 16:03
16.12.13 @ 09:29
21.10.13 @ 18:05
03.10.13 @ 08:00
16.04.14 @ 09:14
Over two-dozen regions throughout the Union have an unemployment rate twice the EU average.
14.04.14 @ 09:26
International climate scientists warn the world must shift away from fossil-intensive energy production, amid recent EU proposals to phase out subsidies for renewables.
03.04.14 @ 18:40
MEPs have backed open access to the Internet by tightening plans by the European Commission on net neutrality.
15.04.14 @ 09:29
Malta on Monday legalised both same-sex unions and joint adoptions by gay couples.
11.04.14 @ 09:27
A citizens' initiative demanding a change in EU law courted controversy on Thursday over its proposals to ban funding for abortion and reproductive health services in developing countries.
28.03.14 @ 09:44
EU-based internet service providers can be ordered to block customers’ access to a copyright-infringing website, following a ruling by the European Court of Justice.
27.03.14 @ 18:01
A charity has gathered evidence of rising poverty, discrimination and exclusion in seven EU countries that have undergone austerity programmes in return for international loans.
25.03.14 @ 09:50
A panel on welfare abuse in Germany has proposed tightening rules and giving child support only to people with a German tax number.
26.02.14 @ 18:26
New EU-wide rules to curb smoking are likely over the summer, as MEPs backed a bill to restrict tobacco flavourings, adverts, and the sale of electronic cigarettes.
14.02.14 @ 17:39
A town of WWII destruction and reconstruction, Communism and floods, Dresden is now fighting to keep its memory untainted by neo-Nazis.
26.03.14 @ 09:45
Three quarters of Europeans think corruption is a "major or widespread" problem in their political institutions, according to research published Tuesday.
11.03.14 @ 21:41
Verdi, a German trade union which triggered the only successful European Citizens' Initiative so far, is throwing its weight behind a new project on press freedom.
21.02.14 @ 18:45
Athens and its creditors are guilty of "denialism" about the scale of the public health crisis caused by the country's harsh austerity programme, medical researchers have claimed.
14.02.14 @ 09:29
The EU commission wants to end US control over the governance of the internet, according to a report published this week.
News in Brief
- Court clears Anglo-Irish boss17'th @ 09:26
- Juncker wants politicians in EU commission, not bureaucrats17'th @ 09:26
- Nato increases military presence in eastern Europe17'th @ 09:26
- EU and Switzerland edging closer to free movement deal17'th @ 09:25
- MEPs back cross-border pension rights16'th @ 10:01
- Industry wary of new EU rules on lorry design16'th @ 10:01
- Ukip leader 'taking legal advice' on expenses allegations16'th @ 10:00
- French MEP recalls trips to see porn films16'th @ 10:00
- Pro-Russia separatists reject EU and US-brokered pact18'th @ 17:22
- Russia and China forge closer ties, as EU explores sanctions17'th @ 09:29
- Europe faces worst human rights 'crisis' in decades17'th @ 09:29
- MEPs upset over Schulz's double role as president and candidate17'th @ 09:25
- EU countries to boost defence budgets in light of Ukraine16'th @ 09:29
- EU parliament gives final nod to banking union16'th @ 09:21
- EU ElectionsGerman centre-right election posters show Merkel, not Juncker16'th @ 09:15
- Regional unemployment highest in Spain16'th @ 09:14
- ACCA: European Parliament backs non financial reporting deals
- CESI: TTIP: Fears of the Unknown, Registration for CESI@noon lunch debate on Mon 28th April
- ThinkYoung: We want to listen your opinion on youth unemployment & skills mismatch
- EIPA: Summer School on EU law & its Implementation, Luxembourg, 30/06 until 11/07
- EIPA: The Infringement Procedure under Articles 258 & 260 TFEU - Luxembourg 19-20/06/14
- ACCA: New rules to improve shareholder engagement and corporate governance reporting
- European Youth Forum: Open letter to EU bodies, MS and CoE on the situation in Ukraine
- Oxfam: European overseas aid slightly increases but lags behind global trend
- EUA: Changing Landscapes in Learning and Teaching’: Report from the Annual Conference
- Regione Puglia: Capacity building course for regional officers on EU decision-making: 7-11/04