17.07.14 @ 13:15
Obesity may be considered a disability if it affects how a person does their job, the EU's top court said Thursday
17.06.14 @ 17:40
15.01.14 @ 16:03
16.12.13 @ 09:29
21.10.13 @ 18:05
16.07.14 @ 08:54
A bill to reform 20-year old EU laws on maternity leave is being withdrawn after being stuck at the member state level for too long.
10.07.14 @ 19:14
The EU’s student exchange programme Erasmus funded the studies of nearly 270,000 students in 2012/3, a record 15,000 more than previous year, the European Commission said on Thursday (10 July).
26.06.14 @ 09:22
A new study has defied stereotypes by showing that Romanian and Greek people are among the hardest working in Europe.
13.07.14 @ 15:07
Market fundamentalists are testing something even more dangerous than privatisation of public goods in Greece; public workers now face arrest for being on strike.
09.07.14 @ 19:17
French pharmaceutical Servier will bear the brunt of a €427 million anti-trust fine in the largest ‘pay for delay’ case brought by the European Commission.
19.06.14 @ 09:45
The European Commission has announced that a plan to extend maternity leave for pregnant workers is one of five bills that will not be retabled in the next legislature.
18.06.14 @ 19:12
Scandinavians may be among Europe’s highest taxed, but they are also the happiest according to new research by the UK’s Office of National Statistics.
03.06.14 @ 09:28
Austerity measures meant to pull Europe out of the crisis have put some 800,000 children into poverty, according to a new report.
22.05.14 @ 17:56
Thousands of workers across the EU are set to see a boost to their holiday pay as a result of a ruling by the EU's top court.
13.05.14 @ 09:28
Public support for the European Union is seeing a gradual recovery, according to a new survey of seven EU nations.
14.06.14 @ 16:38
The EU’s social affairs commissioner lashed out at the EU’s response to the economic crisis.
29.05.14 @ 09:16
The European Commission has dismissed a campaign to scrap funding for stem cell research and reproductive health services.
21.05.14 @ 09:12
Countries can reject benefit claims by citizens of other EU countries if they are engaging in 'social tourism', the advocate general of the European Court of Justice advised Tuesday.
13.05.14 @ 09:27
Governments are failing to live up to their commitments to stamp out state-sanctioned torture, according to London-based Amnesty International.
News in Brief
- Dutch to send unarmed police to monitor crash site25'th @ 09:29
- Boat migrant death toll around 80025'th @ 09:28
- US says Russia fired artillery into Ukraine25'th @ 09:27
- France tops Google "right to be forgotten" requests25'th @ 09:27
- Ireland named in Obama attack on US firms' tax policies25'th @ 09:26
- Ireland in talks on repaying IMF loans early25'th @ 09:26
- Ukraine PM resigns24'th @ 18:22
- Former Moldova envoy to lead EU civilian mission to Ukraine24'th @ 15:38
- AnalysisEU sanctions on Russia hurt more than it seems25'th @ 18:59
- EU to hit Russia with economic sanctions next week25'th @ 17:14
- Poll: French most pessimistic about economic future25'th @ 16:57
- German, Dutch firms ready to take hit from Russia sanctions25'th @ 09:25
- EU blacklists more Russians, prepares economic sanctions24'th @ 20:55
- Court rules Poland complicit in CIA renditions24'th @ 16:28
- OpinionAnti-Roma prejudice rampant in state child protection services24'th @ 14:36
- EU readies new sanctions on defiant Russia24'th @ 09:25
- EEAS: Statement on the downing of Malaysia Airlines flight. In memoriam of Pim de Kuijer
- IFSBH: Join our new initiative: People United for Spina Bifida and Hydrocephalus!
- ACCA: Supports a coherent EU Single Market as to the balance of competences in the UK
- EIPA: Preparing for New EPSO Competitions: Luxembourg, 08 September 2014
- EIPA: Tools for Implementation of EU Policies at National Level. Luxembourg, 22-25/ 09/ 2014
- EPHA: 5th Annual Conference 4-5 September 2014, Brussels | Register before 31st July
- Centre Maurits Coppieters: Launches a new youtube channel
- ACCA: Implementing the New European Accounting Directive: Making the right choices
- UNESDA: Impact of food taxes on public health inconclusive and contradictory as per EC study
- European Federalist Party: Juncker is the 1st elected European Commission President