15.12.14 @ 09:09
Flights, trains, and buses all but grind to a halt in Belgium on Monday, as trade unions stage a general strike against public sector cuts linked to EU budget rules.
16.12.14 @ 10:45
16.12.14 @ 10:39
08.12.14 @ 09:21
18.11.14 @ 09:01
09.12.14 @ 22:20
Rising income inequality has cost European economies up to 10 percent in lost economic output over the past twenty years, according to a new report by the bloc's leading economic thinktank.
28.11.14 @ 09:24
French president Francois Hollande's one-day visit to Guinea is meant to send a “message of solidarity”.
13.11.14 @ 09:22
Tax havens in places like Luxembourg are zapping billions of euros from the coffers of developing countries and forcing weak governments to rely on dwindling international development aid, experts say.
08.12.14 @ 11:15
After recent implant scandals, revised EU legislation should make medical devices subject to more stringent tests, but health ministers are dragging their feet.
17.11.14 @ 19:44
Ebola is flaring up as aid agencies struggle to keep staff on the ground, while EU pledges and donations have yet to appear.
04.11.14 @ 08:45
The EU's recently-agreed tobacco directive will be challenged at the bloc's top court after cigarette manufacturers won the right to have a judicial review.
14.10.14 @ 09:26
Spain says outbreak under control, but Belgium quarantines one traveller, while the UK expects a "handful" of Ebola cases in coming months.
09.10.14 @ 17:14
Estonia on Thursday became the first former Soviet republic to grant equal rights to same-sex couples, amid a nasty atmosphere.
17.09.14 @ 20:52
Outgoing EU commissioner for employment Laszlo Andor defended EU-wide efforts to tackle youth unemployment amid critical remarks from MEPs.
09.09.14 @ 18:55
One in every three young Europeans has a higher level of education than their parents, according to new research.
13.10.14 @ 08:58
Glasgow is often held up as an example of how to integrate Roma, but community workers say this has nothing to do with an EU-funded project active there.
09.10.14 @ 09:26
The EU commission has said future EU members could face extra controls on movement of workers in a concession to the UK.
16.09.14 @ 09:26
The EU is pressing member states to step up efforts against Ebola as the epidemic continues to spread through west Africa.
04.09.14 @ 09:26
Unemployment has started to fall in Europe, but will remain next year at higher levels than before the euro-crisis, according to an OECD report.
News in Brief
- Czech Jews complain about Putin visit@ 09:31
- EU must not try to make Russian economy collapse, says Austria@ 09:22
- Belarus takes drastic measures on rouble crisis@ 09:21
- Irish economy to grow 5.7 percent this year@ 09:09
- Romania's new president wants to end country's corruption@ 09:07
- Barroso: I am sure there are emergency plans for Russian economic crisis@ 09:05
- Labour in the lead ahead of UK elections@ 09:05
- Surging support for Italy's Northern League in new poll@ 09:03
- CIA manual tells agents how to fool EU border guards@ 09:41
- Greek PM offers compromise on elections@ 09:29
- Report: Juncker threatened Merkel with legal action over road toll@ 09:23
- Focus'Nations talk, but cities act' on green policies@ 08:43
- Tusk praised for 'short, concise' EU summit19'th @ 16:49
- Thousands protest in Brussels against EU-US trade ageement19'th @ 16:45
- Luxembourg caves in to EU tax listing demands19'th @ 09:01
- Merkel: EU strategy is to maintain Russia sanctions19'th @ 01:36
- Jan Philipp Albrecht: Study on Data Retention after the Judgement of the Court of Justice of the European Union
- Cecilia Wikström: EU Governments must come clean on CIA torture programme
- Tonino Picula: Georgia needs support of the European Union today!
- Michael Theurer: Noch mehr Schulden sind nicht der Ausweg aus der Schuldenfalle!
- Eva Paunova: Granted JA-YE and AmCham EU Youth Entrepreneurship Award
- Tonino Picula: The youngest European state deserves future in EU, I said to FMA after visiting Kosovo
- Eva Paunova: Meets US Chief negotiator on TTIP during diplomatic visit in Washington DC
- Jerzy Buzek: Congratulations to the town Kisielice for winning the EU 2014 ManagEnergy Award
- Victor Negrescu: S&D40 members meeting with the leader of the S&D Group, Gianni Pitella
- Jan Philipp Albrecht: Digital market/Google: MEPs fail to focus consumer rights and net neutrality
- Access Now: U.S. pushing to undermine net neutrality & privacy in major trade agreements
- Carbon Market Watch: Carbon offsets from Alberta’s tar sands jeopardize EU fuel rules
- Counter Balance: Juncker's investment offensive targets dodgy projects, new stories everyday
- EBF: Downward trend in bank robberies continues
- EBF: Adoption of fourth EU Anti-Money Laundering Directive
- COFACE: News - December 2014
- Oxfam: EU executives’ fixation with private sector compromises commitment to poor people
- Martens Centre: 5 reasons why the end of South Stream should mark the start of Energy Union
- Dialogue Platform: Calls for release of journalists detained in Turkey
- EMHRN: Egypt: Const. Committee Testify to Baselessness of Charges in Shura Council Case