14.10.14 @ 09:26
Spain says outbreak under control, but Belgium quarantines one traveller, while the UK expects a "handful" of Ebola cases in coming months.
16.10.14 @ 07:56
17.06.14 @ 17:40
15.01.14 @ 16:03
16.12.13 @ 09:29
13.10.14 @ 08:58
Glasgow is often held up as an example of how to integrate Roma, but community workers say this has nothing to do with an EU-funded project active there.
09.10.14 @ 09:26
The EU commission has said future EU members could face extra controls on movement of workers in a concession to the UK.
16.09.14 @ 09:26
The EU is pressing member states to step up efforts against Ebola as the epidemic continues to spread through west Africa.
09.10.14 @ 17:14
Estonia on Thursday became the first former Soviet republic to grant equal rights to same-sex couples, amid a nasty atmosphere.
17.09.14 @ 20:52
Outgoing EU commissioner for employment Laszlo Andor defended EU-wide efforts to tackle youth unemployment amid critical remarks from MEPs.
09.09.14 @ 18:55
One in every three young Europeans has a higher level of education than their parents, according to new research.
04.09.14 @ 09:26
Unemployment has started to fall in Europe, but will remain next year at higher levels than before the euro-crisis, according to an OECD report.
22.08.14 @ 12:40
A narrow majority of Europe’s youth would ban cannabis, according to new research published by Eurobarometer.
15.08.14 @ 09:21
Africa's Ebola outbreak could see infected people enter Europe, but EU and UN experts say the risk of it spreading is “very low”.
17.07.14 @ 13:15
Obesity may be considered a disability if it affects how a person does their job, the EU's top court said Thursday
27.08.14 @ 17:52
Berlin has approved draft legislation aimed at curbing "welfare abuse", including a five year ban for EU citizens who tricked the system in a potential breach of EU law.
20.08.14 @ 07:37
Industry lobbying saw EU institutions water down a new tobacco law between 2009 and 2014, a new study by British scientists has found.
30.07.14 @ 19:17
The risk of Ebola reaching the EU is “extremely low” but the possibility cannot be ruled out entirely.
16.07.14 @ 08:54
A bill to reform 20-year old EU laws on maternity leave is being withdrawn after being stuck at the member state level for too long.
News in Brief
- Report: 25 banks to fail ECB stress tests24'th @ 20:07
- Renzi contradicts Cameron on 'lethal weapon' quote24'th @ 18:09
- Cameron 'angry' over extra EU bill of €2bn24'th @ 15:01
- Ice-cold relations inside the ECB: report24'th @ 09:01
- Soros: EU has lost its way24'th @ 09:00
- European bank stress tests to reveal small problems: report24'th @ 08:59
- Beer and wine fuelled EU climate deal24'th @ 08:57
- No comment from Barroso on extra €2 billion from UK24'th @ 03:32
- Van Rompuy and Barroso leave EU stage with porcelain plates24'th @ 20:13
- Draghi warns eurozone leaders on recession 'relapse'24'th @ 20:09
- Hungary's Orban stonewalls US corruption allegations24'th @ 18:04
- UN welcomes EU climate deal24'th @ 16:58
- Cameron vows to reject €2 billion EU bill24'th @ 16:16
- Cameron slapped with new €2bn EU bill24'th @ 09:47
- Cyprus seeks harsh EU statement on Turkey24'th @ 09:29
- Renzi stirs up EU row ahead of eurozone meeting24'th @ 09:27
Members of the European Parliament held an emergency meeting earlier in October to discuss the better integration of Europe's most vulnerable minority - the Roma.
- EuroCommerce: New Commission offers fresh approach, but over-ambitious portfolio casts shadow
- EN.DELFI: How Russia wages hybrid energy war against Lithuania
- Oxfam: Europe must review climate targets after weak climate package deal
- Red Cross: A humanitarian approach within the EU Migration Agenda: 20 November @ EESC
- Counter Balance: Thousands urge the EU Commission to ditch biodiversity offsetting
- Oxfam: Bolder EU response needed to help stop Ebola spiralling out of control
- CESI: Ebola requires action: CESI demands full protection of healthcare workers at risk
- EGBA: Want to know how the EU online betting industry fights match-fixing?
- Access Now: Commissioners hearings: The many faces of Digital in the new Commission
- CESI: Taxation at the heart of the crisis, CESI Europe Academy discusses #TaxinEU