17.09.14 @ 20:52
Outgoing EU commissioner for employment Laszlo Andor defended EU-wide efforts to tackle youth unemployment amid critical remarks from MEPs.
17.06.14 @ 17:40
15.01.14 @ 16:03
16.12.13 @ 09:29
21.10.13 @ 18:05
16.09.14 @ 09:26
The EU is pressing member states to step up efforts against Ebola as the epidemic continues to spread through west Africa.
04.09.14 @ 09:26
Unemployment has started to fall in Europe, but will remain next year at higher levels than before the euro-crisis, according to an OECD report.
22.08.14 @ 12:40
A narrow majority of Europe’s youth would ban cannabis, according to new research published by Eurobarometer.
09.09.14 @ 18:55
One in every three young Europeans has a higher level of education than their parents, according to new research.
27.08.14 @ 17:52
Berlin has approved draft legislation aimed at curbing "welfare abuse", including a five year ban for EU citizens who tricked the system in a potential breach of EU law.
20.08.14 @ 07:37
Industry lobbying saw EU institutions water down a new tobacco law between 2009 and 2014, a new study by British scientists has found.
15.08.14 @ 09:21
Africa's Ebola outbreak could see infected people enter Europe, but EU and UN experts say the risk of it spreading is “very low”.
17.07.14 @ 13:15
Obesity may be considered a disability if it affects how a person does their job, the EU's top court said Thursday
13.07.14 @ 15:07
Market fundamentalists are testing something even more dangerous than privatisation of public goods in Greece; public workers now face arrest for being on strike.
09.07.14 @ 19:17
French pharmaceutical Servier will bear the brunt of a €427 million anti-trust fine in the largest ‘pay for delay’ case brought by the European Commission.
30.07.14 @ 19:17
The risk of Ebola reaching the EU is “extremely low” but the possibility cannot be ruled out entirely.
16.07.14 @ 08:54
A bill to reform 20-year old EU laws on maternity leave is being withdrawn after being stuck at the member state level for too long.
10.07.14 @ 19:14
The EU’s student exchange programme Erasmus funded the studies of nearly 270,000 students in 2012/3, a record 15,000 more than previous year, the European Commission said on Thursday (10 July).
26.06.14 @ 09:22
A new study has defied stereotypes by showing that Romanian and Greek people are among the hardest working in Europe.
News in Brief
- 'No commissioners will have a veto'@ 14:40
- Dijsselbloem urges French to work harder@ 14:29
- Former Nato chief sets up his own consultancy@ 14:24
- MEPs in budget threat over EU commission expert groups@ 14:24
- Barroso warns Putin on 'contravening' Ukraine trade deal@ 13:04
- EU funds freeze 'last resort', says incoming regional commissioner@ 10:44
- Regional commissioner cautious on deadline extension for EU funds@ 10:16
- French public debt surpasses €2 trillion@ 08:39
- 'Frozen conflict' looming in east Ukraine, EU diplomats say@ 09:49
- ECB to change rules to buy Greek, Cypriot debt@ 09:21
- Hearings blunder offers glimpse into Juncker's working methods@ 08:51
- New Austrian commissioner backs EU sanctions on Russia30'th @ 20:12
- EU embassies should take asylum requests, new commissioner says30'th @ 19:07
- French EU commissioner to share powers on national budgets30'th @ 17:52
- OpinionNew EU commissioner needs to be more active on Roma30'th @ 17:46
- Apple's tax deal illegal, EU commission tells Ireland30'th @ 17:45
- Autism Europe: Raising awareness about sex education for people with learning disabilities
- The European MOVE Week: Underway to get Europeans active in sport - click here for more info
- Oxfam: Ahead of TTIP, Europe seeks to expand pharma monopoly at expense of people
- EN.DELFI: Russian Soldiers - cheap and luckless
- EBF: Financial Integration Report highlights ongoing fragmentation
- ACCA: Evaluating the impact of IFRS in the EU
- EN.DELFI: Putin forces West to choose between Ukraine and Middle East
- Swedish Enterprises: ECIPE demystifies investor-state dispute settlements in trade agreements
- Martens Centre: Building a Lifeline for Freedom - Eastern Partnership 2.0 Brussels, 07 October