11.09.12 @ 13:14
Europe’s solar energy industry has been shaken by strong competition from China. EUobserver examines whether it has got what it takes to survive.
11.09.12 @ 12:38
The solar industry is in disarray. But, experts say, this is nothing out of the ordinary. It is just going through a painful but necessary process.
11.09.12 @ 12:51
When it comes to solar energy, according to one US entrepreneur, Europe can be proud of itself. Others say more needs to be done.
11.09.12 @ 12:39
The long list of California cool making its way into European homes got a little longer this year, when a solar company from Amsterdam acquired the license to a new technology to calculate a building’s propensity to generate solar power.
13.09.12 @ 18:56
When the Slovak government in 2009 allocated permits to build solar power plants, there was "widespread suspicion that it was rigged to benefit certain individuals," according to the US embassy in Bratislava. Prime Minister Fico denies the allegations.
11.09.12 @ 12:40
Europe is the undisputed sun king of the world, with close to 75 percent of globally installed solar panels. But there are big differences between countries, and Germany leads the pack.
07.09.12 @ 09:23
Apart from those spearheading the complaint, people in the European solar sector have expressed little enthusiasm for an EU investigation into possible dumping of solar panels from China.
News in Brief
- Russian plane violates Estonia airspace@ 07:44
- Lega Nord signs partnership with Putin party22'nd @ 16:05
- EP approves Juncker commission22'nd @ 12:37
- Pharma and medical devices unit goes back to health22'nd @ 12:30
- Hahn portfolio still called 'enlargement negotiations'22'nd @ 12:30
- Navracsics to get sport instead of citizenship22'nd @ 12:29
- Juncker tasks Timmermans on special courts in EU-US trade deal22'nd @ 12:27
- Frontex under fundamental rights probe22'nd @ 11:23
- EU fiscal rules won't be changed, says Juncker22'nd @ 19:55
- OpinionCameron's tight-rope walk on free movement22'nd @ 18:35
- Open letters help frame debate on climate summit22'nd @ 18:30
- MEPs withhold millions from EU commission over transparency22'nd @ 17:59
- VideoBarroso says goodbye to MEPs22'nd @ 14:24
- EU parliament approves Juncker commission22'nd @ 13:57
- Former Polish FM causes scandal on Russia interview22'nd @ 09:30
- Bank rescue fund to rely on big lenders22'nd @ 09:29
- Counter Balance: Thousands urge the EU Commission to ditch biodiversity offsetting
- Oxfam: Bolder EU response needed to help stop Ebola spiralling out of control
- CESI: Ebola requires action: CESI demands full protection of healthcare workers at risk
- EGBA: Want to know how the EU online betting industry fights match-fixing?
- Access Now: Commissioners hearings: The many faces of Digital in the new Commission
- CESI: Taxation at the heart of the crisis, CESI Europe Academy discusses #TaxinEU
- Oxfam: EU needs to do more to stop the spread of Ebola
- EPSU: Ebola outbreak in West Africa - Health Workers in the frontline need our support
- EuFoA: First Nagorno-Karabakh Group announced in the European Parliament
- Oxfam: Four solutions to economic inequality