11.09.12 @ 13:14
Europe’s solar energy industry has been shaken by strong competition from China. EUobserver examines whether it has got what it takes to survive.
11.09.12 @ 12:38
The solar industry is in disarray. But, experts say, this is nothing out of the ordinary. It is just going through a painful but necessary process.
11.09.12 @ 12:51
When it comes to solar energy, according to one US entrepreneur, Europe can be proud of itself. Others say more needs to be done.
11.09.12 @ 12:39
The long list of California cool making its way into European homes got a little longer this year, when a solar company from Amsterdam acquired the license to a new technology to calculate a building’s propensity to generate solar power.
13.09.12 @ 18:56
When the Slovak government in 2009 allocated permits to build solar power plants, there was "widespread suspicion that it was rigged to benefit certain individuals," according to the US embassy in Bratislava. Prime Minister Fico denies the allegations.
11.09.12 @ 12:40
Europe is the undisputed sun king of the world, with close to 75 percent of globally installed solar panels. But there are big differences between countries, and Germany leads the pack.
07.09.12 @ 09:23
Apart from those spearheading the complaint, people in the European solar sector have expressed little enthusiasm for an EU investigation into possible dumping of solar panels from China.
News in Brief
- UKIP's poll ratings unaffected by bad press@ 10:39
- Wilders' right-hand man resigns@ 09:15
- French leader to table €50 billion savings package@ 09:00
- Syriza drops Roma candidate from European Parliament race@ 08:59
- Greece plans lower corporate tax to spur growth@ 08:58
- Finland signs Nato assistance deal@ 08:58
- Irish EU candidates face €150 fine for each poster put up early@ 08:57
- Russia says Kiev 'breaking Geneva accord' on Ukraine22'nd @ 09:19
- OpinionEU and Ukraine: too busy to protect gay rights?@ 14:14
- EU ElectionsEU elections may strengthen Putin in Europe@ 09:29
- Italian right calls for end to migrant rescue programme@ 09:29
- US to send 600 troops to Baltics, Poland amid Ukraine tensions@ 09:16
- EU ElectionsStudents should vote for pro-Erasmus MEPs@ 09:03
- OpinionWhere next after the Hungarian election?22'nd @ 16:37
- Time for EU energy union, says Polish PM22'nd @ 10:54
- EU ElectionsBelgium's biggest party has no allies in the EP22'nd @ 09:25
- ACCA: European Parliament backs non financial reporting deals
- CESI: TTIP: Fears of the Unknown, Registration for CESI@noon lunch debate on Mon 28th April
- ThinkYoung: We want to listen your opinion on youth unemployment & skills mismatch
- EIPA: Summer School on EU law & its Implementation, Luxembourg, 30/06 until 11/07
- EIPA: The Infringement Procedure under Articles 258 & 260 TFEU - Luxembourg 19-20/06/14
- ACCA: New rules to improve shareholder engagement and corporate governance reporting
- European Youth Forum: Open letter to EU bodies, MS and CoE on the situation in Ukraine
- Oxfam: European overseas aid slightly increases but lags behind global trend
- EUA: Changing Landscapes in Learning and Teaching’: Report from the Annual Conference
- Regione Puglia: Capacity building course for regional officers on EU decision-making: 7-11/04