11.09.12 @ 13:14
Europe’s solar energy industry has been shaken by strong competition from China. EUobserver examines whether it has got what it takes to survive.
11.09.12 @ 12:38
The solar industry is in disarray. But, experts say, this is nothing out of the ordinary. It is just going through a painful but necessary process.
11.09.12 @ 12:51
When it comes to solar energy, according to one US entrepreneur, Europe can be proud of itself. Others say more needs to be done.
11.09.12 @ 12:39
The long list of California cool making its way into European homes got a little longer this year, when a solar company from Amsterdam acquired the license to a new technology to calculate a building’s propensity to generate solar power.
13.09.12 @ 18:56
When the Slovak government in 2009 allocated permits to build solar power plants, there was "widespread suspicion that it was rigged to benefit certain individuals," according to the US embassy in Bratislava. Prime Minister Fico denies the allegations.
11.09.12 @ 12:40
Europe is the undisputed sun king of the world, with close to 75 percent of globally installed solar panels. But there are big differences between countries, and Germany leads the pack.
07.09.12 @ 09:23
Apart from those spearheading the complaint, people in the European solar sector have expressed little enthusiasm for an EU investigation into possible dumping of solar panels from China.
News in Brief
- EU leaders warn Putin of further sanctions28'th @ 18:13
- Finland and Sweden to allow Nato troops28'th @ 18:11
- EU to help dairy producers hit by Russian sanctions28'th @ 17:05
- EU migrant numbers to UK up to 240,00028'th @ 14:14
- MEPs want EU leaders to ramp up Russia sanctions28'th @ 14:06
- MP defects to Ukip over Cameron's Europe policy28'th @ 14:05
- France says Russian troops in Ukraine 'intolerable'28'th @ 11:11
- French unemployment rate hits new record28'th @ 09:22
- Hollande calls for special summit on eurozone growth28'th @ 18:10
- Opposition to Mogherini fading in EU capital28'th @ 18:04
- OpinionWhy America is recovering, but Europe is not - Part I28'th @ 16:29
- Ukraine says Russian invasion has begun28'th @ 14:21
- EU mission to help Italy save boat migrants28'th @ 09:30
- Germany and US voice concern on Russian troops in Ukraine28'th @ 09:16
- Germany to ban EU citizens who abuse welfare system27'th @ 17:52
- Nato chief unveils new plan for eastern Europe27'th @ 09:30
- Martens Centre: Register now for the event “A Changing Eastern Neighbourhood”
- Martens Centre: Register now for event on 9 Sept: Banking and Monetary Union 2014-2019
- EEA and Norway Grants: Investing in people: Annual Report 2013-2014
- EuFoA: Tension rises in Nagorno-Karabakh as ceasefire negotiations are underway
- ACCA: Supports a coherent EU Single Market as to the balance of competences in the UK
- EIPA: Preparing for New EPSO Competitions: Luxembourg, 08 September 2014
- EIPA: Tools for Implementation of EU Policies at National Level. Luxembourg, 22-25/ 09/ 2014
- EPHA: 5th Annual Conference 4-5 September 2014, Brussels
- Centre Maurits Coppieters: Launches a new youtube channel
- ACCA: Implementing the New European Accounting Directive: Making the right choices