11.09.12 @ 13:14
Europe’s solar energy industry has been shaken by strong competition from China. EUobserver examines whether it has got what it takes to survive.
11.09.12 @ 12:38
The solar industry is in disarray. But, experts say, this is nothing out of the ordinary. It is just going through a painful but necessary process.
11.09.12 @ 12:51
When it comes to solar energy, according to one US entrepreneur, Europe can be proud of itself. Others say more needs to be done.
11.09.12 @ 12:39
The long list of California cool making its way into European homes got a little longer this year, when a solar company from Amsterdam acquired the license to a new technology to calculate a building’s propensity to generate solar power.
13.09.12 @ 18:56
When the Slovak government in 2009 allocated permits to build solar power plants, there was "widespread suspicion that it was rigged to benefit certain individuals," according to the US embassy in Bratislava. Prime Minister Fico denies the allegations.
11.09.12 @ 12:40
Europe is the undisputed sun king of the world, with close to 75 percent of globally installed solar panels. But there are big differences between countries, and Germany leads the pack.
07.09.12 @ 09:23
Apart from those spearheading the complaint, people in the European solar sector have expressed little enthusiasm for an EU investigation into possible dumping of solar panels from China.
News in Brief
- Further EU summit on Russia not excluded@ 15:22
- Italy wants bigger Frontex role in Mediterranean@ 12:50
- UK to probe alleged Russian involvement in spy's death@ 12:07
- EU leaders may meet again before 1 August@ 10:44
- Austria wants arms embargo on Russia@ 10:35
- Dutch PM: all sanctions on the table21'st @ 17:45
- Steinmeier wants EU to 'increase pressure' on Russia21'st @ 17:45
- EU ambassadors in emergency meeting on Ukraine21'st @ 17:14
- AnalysisLeaked paper: EU options on 'stage three' Russia sanctions22'nd @ 20:42
- EU defends Israel's Gaza incursion22'nd @ 20:14
- OpinionGaza: ‘Burning the consciousness’22'nd @ 18:21
- EU threatens Russian economy after MH17 disaster22'nd @ 17:47
- French ease ban on pro-Gaza demonstrations in Paris22'nd @ 09:28
- EU foreign policy faces test after MH17 shootdown22'nd @ 09:18
- EU under pressure to broaden Russia sanctions21'st @ 10:25
- OpinionPutin's real war21'st @ 09:44
- EIPA: Preparing for New EPSO Competitions: Luxembourg, 08 September 2014
- EIPA: Tools for Implementation of EU Policies at National Level. Luxembourg, 22-25/ 09/ 2014
- EPHA: 5th Annual Conference 4-5 September 2014, Brussels | Register before 31st July
- Centre Maurits Coppieters: Launches a new youtube channel
- ACCA: Implementing the New European Accounting Directive: Making the right choices
- UNESDA: Impact of food taxes on public health inconclusive and contradictory as per EC study
- European Federalist Party: Juncker is the 1st elected European Commission President
- Martens Centre: Register now for event on 9 Sept: Banking and Monetary Union 2014-2019
- EUA: Business community highlights President Juncker the benefits of energy efficiency
- EBF: Statement on appointment of Juncker as 13th President of EU Commission