11.09.12 @ 13:14
Europe’s solar energy industry has been shaken by strong competition from China. EUobserver examines whether it has got what it takes to survive.
11.09.12 @ 12:38
The solar industry is in disarray. But, experts say, this is nothing out of the ordinary. It is just going through a painful but necessary process.
11.09.12 @ 12:51
When it comes to solar energy, according to one US entrepreneur, Europe can be proud of itself. Others say more needs to be done.
11.09.12 @ 12:39
The long list of California cool making its way into European homes got a little longer this year, when a solar company from Amsterdam acquired the license to a new technology to calculate a building’s propensity to generate solar power.
13.09.12 @ 18:56
When the Slovak government in 2009 allocated permits to build solar power plants, there was "widespread suspicion that it was rigged to benefit certain individuals," according to the US embassy in Bratislava. Prime Minister Fico denies the allegations.
11.09.12 @ 12:40
Europe is the undisputed sun king of the world, with close to 75 percent of globally installed solar panels. But there are big differences between countries, and Germany leads the pack.
07.09.12 @ 09:23
Apart from those spearheading the complaint, people in the European solar sector have expressed little enthusiasm for an EU investigation into possible dumping of solar panels from China.
News in Brief
- Report: Poland nominates Sikorski for EU commission@ 21:54
- Human rights court fines Russia €1.8bn@ 10:37
- Sweden nominates Malmstrom for commissioner post@ 10:36
- Nato unprepared for Russia threat@ 09:13
- Juncker considers creating financial services post@ 09:13
- Portuguese bank reports €3.6bn loss@ 09:13
- Hungary nominates foreign minister for commissioner post30'th @ 19:22
- Nato: Over 12,000 Russian troops on Ukraine border30'th @ 18:30
- EU hits Russia's largest banks, imposes arms embargo@ 22:18
- Russia ordered to pay €1.8bn by human rights court@ 17:22
- New EU commission risks delay over gender issue@ 15:25
- Israeli attack on school in Gaza is 'outrageous', says UN@ 09:30
- Russia threatens Europe with higher energy prices@ 09:04
- EU blacklists three Putin 'cronies'30'th @ 21:59
- Ebola risk in Europe 'extremely low'30'th @ 19:17
- US joins EU on Russia economic sanctions30'th @ 09:28
- EEAS: Statement on the downing of Malaysia Airlines flight. In memoriam of Pim de Kuijer
- IFSBH: Join our new initiative: People United for Spina Bifida and Hydrocephalus!
- ACCA: Supports a coherent EU Single Market as to the balance of competences in the UK
- EIPA: Preparing for New EPSO Competitions: Luxembourg, 08 September 2014
- EIPA: Tools for Implementation of EU Policies at National Level. Luxembourg, 22-25/ 09/ 2014
- EPHA: 5th Annual Conference 4-5 September 2014, Brussels | Register before 31st July
- Centre Maurits Coppieters: Launches a new youtube channel
- ACCA: Implementing the New European Accounting Directive: Making the right choices
- UNESDA: Impact of food taxes on public health inconclusive and contradictory as per EC study
- European Federalist Party: Juncker is the 1st elected European Commission President