11.09.12 @ 13:14
Europe’s solar energy industry has been shaken by strong competition from China. EUobserver examines whether it has got what it takes to survive.
11.09.12 @ 12:38
The solar industry is in disarray. But, experts say, this is nothing out of the ordinary. It is just going through a painful but necessary process.
11.09.12 @ 12:51
When it comes to solar energy, according to one US entrepreneur, Europe can be proud of itself. Others say more needs to be done.
11.09.12 @ 12:39
The long list of California cool making its way into European homes got a little longer this year, when a solar company from Amsterdam acquired the license to a new technology to calculate a building’s propensity to generate solar power.
13.09.12 @ 18:56
When the Slovak government in 2009 allocated permits to build solar power plants, there was "widespread suspicion that it was rigged to benefit certain individuals," according to the US embassy in Bratislava. Prime Minister Fico denies the allegations.
11.09.12 @ 12:40
Europe is the undisputed sun king of the world, with close to 75 percent of globally installed solar panels. But there are big differences between countries, and Germany leads the pack.
07.09.12 @ 09:23
Apart from those spearheading the complaint, people in the European solar sector have expressed little enthusiasm for an EU investigation into possible dumping of solar panels from China.
News in Brief
- German autobahn toll set to be introduced in 2016@ 14:39
- Frontex-led operation Triton has enough money for 2 months@ 14:35
- Eurozone inflation rate marginally up@ 13:54
- Report: EU mission in Kosovo passed information to Serbian spies@ 13:16
- Orban retreats from internet tax plan after protests@ 09:34
- New 'double majority' voting rules come into force@ 09:21
- EU in massive cybersecurity exercise@ 09:10
- IMF warns Greece on early bailout exit@ 08:47
- OpinionJailing Iran’s Internet, one user at a time@ 10:55
- 'No one to stay cold', as Russia and Ukraine clinch winter gas deal@ 09:29
- EU promotes consumption of meat and milk@ 09:27
- InvestigationEurope’s tax haven investments in Africa@ 08:22
- OpinionIn the ‘New’ Turkey, corruption is a thing of the past!@ 08:20
- Barroso, Rehn 'unfairly criticised' for eurozone austerity@ 08:03
- EU mission in Kosovo rocked by corruption allegations30'th @ 19:27
- Oettinger stirs controversy ahead of new role as digital commissioner30'th @ 18:29
- EuropeanIssuers & FESE: European Small and Mid-Cap Awards - 26th November 2014
- EN.DELFI: Editor: Our readers understand that Russia is not joking
- European Jewish Congress: Sweden recognition of Palestinian State adds fuel to Middle East
- EFA: Catalonia decides on 9N ! Support EFA campaign for democracy and freedom.
- EIPA: European Union Civil Service Law, Brussels, 27-28 November 2014
- Xinhua News Agency: Winners of the WMS Global Awards for Excellence announced
- EGBA: Want to know how the EU online betting industry fights match-fixing?
- Martens Centre: Has Euromaidan Transformed the Ukrainian Political Landscape? Register now!