11.09.12 @ 13:14
Europe’s solar energy industry has been shaken by strong competition from China. EUobserver examines whether it has got what it takes to survive.
11.09.12 @ 12:38
The solar industry is in disarray. But, experts say, this is nothing out of the ordinary. It is just going through a painful but necessary process.
11.09.12 @ 12:51
When it comes to solar energy, according to one US entrepreneur, Europe can be proud of itself. Others say more needs to be done.
11.09.12 @ 12:39
The long list of California cool making its way into European homes got a little longer this year, when a solar company from Amsterdam acquired the license to a new technology to calculate a building’s propensity to generate solar power.
13.09.12 @ 18:56
When the Slovak government in 2009 allocated permits to build solar power plants, there was "widespread suspicion that it was rigged to benefit certain individuals," according to the US embassy in Bratislava. Prime Minister Fico denies the allegations.
11.09.12 @ 12:40
Europe is the undisputed sun king of the world, with close to 75 percent of globally installed solar panels. But there are big differences between countries, and Germany leads the pack.
07.09.12 @ 09:23
Apart from those spearheading the complaint, people in the European solar sector have expressed little enthusiasm for an EU investigation into possible dumping of solar panels from China.
News in Brief
- Court clears Anglo-Irish boss17'th @ 09:26
- Juncker wants politicians in EU commission, not bureaucrats17'th @ 09:26
- Nato increases military presence in eastern Europe17'th @ 09:26
- EU and Switzerland edging closer to free movement deal17'th @ 09:25
- MEPs back cross-border pension rights16'th @ 10:01
- Industry wary of new EU rules on lorry design16'th @ 10:01
- Ukip leader 'taking legal advice' on expenses allegations16'th @ 10:00
- French MEP recalls trips to see porn films16'th @ 10:00
- Pro-Russia separatists reject EU and US-brokered pact18'th @ 17:22
- Russia and China forge closer ties, as EU explores sanctions17'th @ 09:29
- Europe faces worst human rights 'crisis' in decades17'th @ 09:29
- MEPs upset over Schulz's double role as president and candidate17'th @ 09:25
- EU countries to boost defence budgets in light of Ukraine16'th @ 09:29
- EU parliament gives final nod to banking union16'th @ 09:21
- EU ElectionsGerman centre-right election posters show Merkel, not Juncker16'th @ 09:15
- Regional unemployment highest in Spain16'th @ 09:14
- ACCA: European Parliament backs non financial reporting deals
- CESI: TTIP: Fears of the Unknown, Registration for CESI@noon lunch debate on Mon 28th April
- ThinkYoung: We want to listen your opinion on youth unemployment & skills mismatch
- EIPA: Summer School on EU law & its Implementation, Luxembourg, 30/06 until 11/07
- EIPA: The Infringement Procedure under Articles 258 & 260 TFEU - Luxembourg 19-20/06/14
- ACCA: New rules to improve shareholder engagement and corporate governance reporting
- European Youth Forum: Open letter to EU bodies, MS and CoE on the situation in Ukraine
- Oxfam: European overseas aid slightly increases but lags behind global trend
- EUA: Changing Landscapes in Learning and Teaching’: Report from the Annual Conference
- Regione Puglia: Capacity building course for regional officers on EU decision-making: 7-11/04