11.09.12 @ 13:14
Europe’s solar energy industry has been shaken by strong competition from China. EUobserver examines whether it has got what it takes to survive.
11.09.12 @ 12:38
The solar industry is in disarray. But, experts say, this is nothing out of the ordinary. It is just going through a painful but necessary process.
11.09.12 @ 12:51
When it comes to solar energy, according to one US entrepreneur, Europe can be proud of itself. Others say more needs to be done.
11.09.12 @ 12:39
The long list of California cool making its way into European homes got a little longer this year, when a solar company from Amsterdam acquired the license to a new technology to calculate a building’s propensity to generate solar power.
13.09.12 @ 18:56
When the Slovak government in 2009 allocated permits to build solar power plants, there was "widespread suspicion that it was rigged to benefit certain individuals," according to the US embassy in Bratislava. Prime Minister Fico denies the allegations.
11.09.12 @ 12:40
Europe is the undisputed sun king of the world, with close to 75 percent of globally installed solar panels. But there are big differences between countries, and Germany leads the pack.
07.09.12 @ 09:23
Apart from those spearheading the complaint, people in the European solar sector have expressed little enthusiasm for an EU investigation into possible dumping of solar panels from China.
News in Brief
- Juncker elected EPP's top candidate for commission presidency7'th @ 16:01
- Ten EU countries want Ukraine mission7'th @ 13:40
- Centre-right group adopts election manifesto7'th @ 13:04
- Centre-right leaders say Ukraine has a shot at EU membership7'th @ 13:03
- Russian ambassador pours scorn on EU 'freezes'7'th @ 10:27
- Cuba accepts offer to restore EU relations7'th @ 09:23
- Spain spends millions to keep immigrants out7'th @ 09:23
- Erdogan threatens to ban YouTube and Facebook7'th @ 09:22
- EU ElectionsJuncker elected centre-right's top EU candidate7'th @ 19:12
- Edward Snowden wants asylum in EU7'th @ 19:04
- OpinionOn 'doing' Ukraine7'th @ 18:38
- Centre-right leaders give Ukraine hope of EU membership7'th @ 17:56
- Stiglitz: ECB should scrap inflation targets7'th @ 09:34
- Transparency group pushes for stronger whistleblower laws7'th @ 09:28
- 'Putin will go as far as the West allows him to'7'th @ 09:19
- EU ElectionsAustrian far-right set for strong showing in EU vote7'th @ 08:58
- COFACE: and COFACE-Disability on the occasion of International Women’s Day
- Irradiare: EU workshop on biomethane – markets, value chains and applications
- Counter Balance: Take a virtual lobby tour through the heart of the EU
- EMHRN: International Women’s Day: Violence rises, impunity prevails
- EuFoA: Latest paper "EU-Armenia relations: future developments & prospects" published
- Greenpeace: EU energy ministers should get back in the saddle on climate & energy policy
- SUPERHUB: Join us at CeBIT 2014 Hannover the largest fair showcasing IT and telecom solutions
- COFACE: Less than 100 days to go to #EP2014. Need more info ? Sign up for #FamiliesVOTE2014
- EMHRN: Syrian Rights Groups to the Human Rights Council: Stop Violence against Women in Syria!
- EIPA: Efficiency and Quality of Justice Luxembourg, 27-28 March 2014