17.04.13 @ 16:47
The EU foreign service just did a U-turn on a €50mn tender for bodyguards in Kabul, with leaked documents posing questions how a British firm with a frightening track record won it in the first place.
24.04.13 @ 16:33
24.04.13 @ 16:10
22.02.13 @ 09:20
12.08.13 @ 09:28
The EU has hired G4S, the world's largest security company, to guard its diplomats in Lebanon, amid increasing violence.
30.04.13 @ 09:22
The EU diplomatic service has confirmed that British company PPS will guard its people in Gaza and the West Bank despite the firm's poor track record.
29.05.12 @ 20:50
The EU foreign service has cancelled a €10 million contract with British security firm G4S in a minor diplomatic dispute with Libya.
15.07.13 @ 09:25
MEPs have voiced concern about security arrangements at EU embassies, amid a "surprising" new decision on bodyguards in Kabul.
15.03.13 @ 09:29
British private security firm Page Group has scooped a contract to protect EU diplomats in Afghanistan, but faces delays over local tax compliance.
08.05.12 @ 14:06
The EU's foreign relations service has awarded a juicy contract to British security firm G4S in Libya despite the fact it has no permission to work there.
11.05.12 @ 09:24
The EU's external action service plans to spend up to €50 million on private security guards for its Afghanistan mission over the next four years.
09.03.12 @ 16:58
Catherine Ashton's foreign service is to spend €15 million on private security firms to protect diplomats in dangerous places.
News in Brief
- Dutch to send unarmed police to monitor crash site25'th @ 09:29
- Boat migrant death toll around 80025'th @ 09:28
- US says Russia fired artillery into Ukraine25'th @ 09:27
- France tops Google "right to be forgotten" requests25'th @ 09:27
- Ireland named in Obama attack on US firms' tax policies25'th @ 09:26
- Ireland in talks on repaying IMF loans early25'th @ 09:26
- Ukraine PM resigns24'th @ 18:22
- Former Moldova envoy to lead EU civilian mission to Ukraine24'th @ 15:38
- AnalysisEU sanctions on Russia hurt more than it seems25'th @ 18:59
- EU to hit Russia with economic sanctions next week25'th @ 17:14
- Poll: French most pessimistic about economic future25'th @ 16:57
- German, Dutch firms ready to take hit from Russia sanctions25'th @ 09:25
- EU blacklists more Russians, prepares economic sanctions24'th @ 20:55
- Court rules Poland complicit in CIA renditions24'th @ 16:28
- OpinionAnti-Roma prejudice rampant in state child protection services24'th @ 14:36
- EU readies new sanctions on defiant Russia24'th @ 09:25
- EEAS: Statement on the downing of Malaysia Airlines flight. In memoriam of Pim de Kuijer
- IFSBH: Join our new initiative: People United for Spina Bifida and Hydrocephalus!
- ACCA: Supports a coherent EU Single Market as to the balance of competences in the UK
- EIPA: Preparing for New EPSO Competitions: Luxembourg, 08 September 2014
- EIPA: Tools for Implementation of EU Policies at National Level. Luxembourg, 22-25/ 09/ 2014
- EPHA: 5th Annual Conference 4-5 September 2014, Brussels | Register before 31st July
- Centre Maurits Coppieters: Launches a new youtube channel
- ACCA: Implementing the New European Accounting Directive: Making the right choices
- UNESDA: Impact of food taxes on public health inconclusive and contradictory as per EC study
- European Federalist Party: Juncker is the 1st elected European Commission President