17.04.13 @ 16:47
The EU foreign service just did a U-turn on a €50mn tender for bodyguards in Kabul, with leaked documents posing questions how a British firm with a frightening track record won it in the first place.
24.04.13 @ 16:33
24.04.13 @ 16:10
22.02.13 @ 09:20
12.08.13 @ 09:28
The EU has hired G4S, the world's largest security company, to guard its diplomats in Lebanon, amid increasing violence.
30.04.13 @ 09:22
The EU diplomatic service has confirmed that British company PPS will guard its people in Gaza and the West Bank despite the firm's poor track record.
29.05.12 @ 20:50
The EU foreign service has cancelled a €10 million contract with British security firm G4S in a minor diplomatic dispute with Libya.
15.07.13 @ 09:25
MEPs have voiced concern about security arrangements at EU embassies, amid a "surprising" new decision on bodyguards in Kabul.
15.03.13 @ 09:29
British private security firm Page Group has scooped a contract to protect EU diplomats in Afghanistan, but faces delays over local tax compliance.
08.05.12 @ 14:06
The EU's foreign relations service has awarded a juicy contract to British security firm G4S in Libya despite the fact it has no permission to work there.
11.05.12 @ 09:24
The EU's external action service plans to spend up to €50 million on private security guards for its Afghanistan mission over the next four years.
09.03.12 @ 16:58
Catherine Ashton's foreign service is to spend €15 million on private security firms to protect diplomats in dangerous places.
News in Brief
- Belgium and France raise alarm on European fighters in Syria
- EU threatens action against Russia's South Stream pipeline
- EU parliament aims to hold video conference with Snowden
- EU envoy says Ukraine can still sign pact
- UN approves French military action in Central African Republic
- Central bankers don't want their names published
- ECB keeps key interest rate unchanged
- Ukraine officials in Brussels to discuss EU pact
- Moody's raises Spain credit rating
- Eurozone GDP up 0.1 percent
- InvestigationEU men with guns: A comedy of errors
- Controversial British firm wins EU security job in Gaza
- Security firm wins EU contract despite tax problem
- MEPs voice worry on security deals at EU embassies
- British firm to guard EU diplomats in Beirut
- Very private security
- About Andrew Rettman
- EUobserver investigative reports
- German FM visits pro-EU protesters in Ukraine@ 09:29
- EU countries offered €6,000 per head to take in refugees4'th @ 19:37
- Banks to pay out €1.7 billion in rate-fixing scandal4'th @ 19:02
- Turkey starts visa-free talks with EU4'th @ 18:53
- Ashton and Kerry to skip Ukraine meeting4'th @ 09:26
- German conservatives stir up 'welfare tourism' row4'th @ 08:52
- Austerity stripping away Europe's human rights, watchdog says3'rd @ 17:18
- FocusEU's young people lag behind on maths target3'rd @ 17:16
- OpinionTime to resolve the Greece-Macedonia name game3'rd @ 09:56
- Denmark seen as least corrupt EU country3'rd @ 09:29
- EPF: Press conference on cross-border healthcare and patients' rights
- ACCA: Improved transparency in auditor reporting - making it a reality in the EU
- OGP: EU domestic shale gas production could add a million jobs, new study shows
- EuroTech Universities: Joint event with Industry to address societal changes !
- ICSS: Joins Council of Europe & Sorbonne to host EU forum on integrity in sport
- FIA: Greater cooperation to deliver new car technologies to consumers
- EFA-ECC: Lessons to address the poor state of COPD care in Europe
- Euro-Mediterranean Human Rights Network: Violence against women, bleeding wound in the Syrian conflict
- ACCA: New EC amendments to the Parent-Subsidiary Directive: a good move
- European Jewish Congress: Calls for Proscription of Neo-Nazi parties
- This is a very dead horse - stop floggingAnother Look
- Facebook isn't our friendExposing Corporate Europe
- Moscow Never SleepsBelarus Reloaded
- The trouble with Europe’s big thinking? Europe’s big states.Super Commuter
- Don´t take their word for itAnother Look
- Eurasian Union's problem with Russian nationalismNeighbourhood
- COP 19: Walking about Warsaw in circlesGlobal challenges
- Does UKIP now have the cash to cause an earthquake?The Fox Edition
- The EU budget farce is over....for now at leastThe Fox Edition
- The Ukrainian Soap Opera ContinuesWider Black Sea