17.04.13 @ 16:47
The EU foreign service just did a U-turn on a €50mn tender for bodyguards in Kabul, with leaked documents posing questions how a British firm with a frightening track record won it in the first place.
24.04.13 @ 16:33
24.04.13 @ 16:10
22.02.13 @ 09:20
12.08.13 @ 09:28
The EU has hired G4S, the world's largest security company, to guard its diplomats in Lebanon, amid increasing violence.
30.04.13 @ 09:22
The EU diplomatic service has confirmed that British company PPS will guard its people in Gaza and the West Bank despite the firm's poor track record.
29.05.12 @ 20:50
The EU foreign service has cancelled a €10 million contract with British security firm G4S in a minor diplomatic dispute with Libya.
15.07.13 @ 09:25
MEPs have voiced concern about security arrangements at EU embassies, amid a "surprising" new decision on bodyguards in Kabul.
15.03.13 @ 09:29
British private security firm Page Group has scooped a contract to protect EU diplomats in Afghanistan, but faces delays over local tax compliance.
08.05.12 @ 14:06
The EU's foreign relations service has awarded a juicy contract to British security firm G4S in Libya despite the fact it has no permission to work there.
11.05.12 @ 09:24
The EU's external action service plans to spend up to €50 million on private security guards for its Afghanistan mission over the next four years.
09.03.12 @ 16:58
Catherine Ashton's foreign service is to spend €15 million on private security firms to protect diplomats in dangerous places.
News in Brief
- Poland wants 'strong, active' German army30'th @ 16:27
- EU taking Kosovo mission allegations 'seriously'30'th @ 13:01
- Barroso not putting pressure on Kiev in gas talks, EU says30'th @ 13:01
- Russia seeks EU-Ukraine gas payment contract30'th @ 13:01
- Colombia and Peru pass EU criteria for visa-free access30'th @ 09:24
- Germany's largest lender in profit loss over scandals30'th @ 09:24
- Cameron under pressure on migrant backlogs30'th @ 09:24
- Sweden to recognise Palestine on Thursday30'th @ 09:23
- EU mission in Kosovo rocked by corruption allegations30'th @ 19:27
- Oettinger stirs controversy ahead of new role as digital commissioner30'th @ 18:29
- France denies warship delivery, as Russian bombers skirt EU airspace30'th @ 09:57
- EU-brokered gas talks bedevilled by ‘lack of trust’30'th @ 09:29
- EU citizens overestimate immigrant numbers, survey shows30'th @ 09:28
- OpinionHas the EU lost the ability to enact sanctions?30'th @ 09:28
- Spain and Netherlands among countries to buy way to green targets29'th @ 19:02
- From Borgen to Brussels: Who is the new EU competition commissioner?29'th @ 18:24
- European Jewish Congress: Sweden recognition of Palestinian State merely adds fuel to already enflamed Middle East
- EFA: Catalonia decides on 9N ! Support EFA campaign for democracy and freedom.
- European School Net: Europe needs to boost the E-skills to tap the job creation potential of ICT
- European School Net: European government agencies & industry combine to combat bullying
- EIPA: European Union Civil Service Law, Brussels, 27-28 November 2014
- Xinhua News Agency: Winners of the WMS Global Awards for Excellence announced
- EGBA: Want to know how the EU online betting industry fights match-fixing?
- Martens Centre: Has Euromaidan Transformed the Ukrainian Political Landscape? Register now!
- EN.DELFI: Floating LNG terminal "Independence" sails into Lithuania
- EBF: Comprehensive assessment shows robust European banking sector