17.04.13 @ 16:47
The EU foreign service just did a U-turn on a €50mn tender for bodyguards in Kabul, with leaked documents posing questions how a British firm with a frightening track record won it in the first place.
24.04.13 @ 16:33
24.04.13 @ 16:10
22.02.13 @ 09:20
12.08.13 @ 09:28
The EU has hired G4S, the world's largest security company, to guard its diplomats in Lebanon, amid increasing violence.
30.04.13 @ 09:22
The EU diplomatic service has confirmed that British company PPS will guard its people in Gaza and the West Bank despite the firm's poor track record.
29.05.12 @ 20:50
The EU foreign service has cancelled a €10 million contract with British security firm G4S in a minor diplomatic dispute with Libya.
15.07.13 @ 09:25
MEPs have voiced concern about security arrangements at EU embassies, amid a "surprising" new decision on bodyguards in Kabul.
15.03.13 @ 09:29
British private security firm Page Group has scooped a contract to protect EU diplomats in Afghanistan, but faces delays over local tax compliance.
08.05.12 @ 14:06
The EU's foreign relations service has awarded a juicy contract to British security firm G4S in Libya despite the fact it has no permission to work there.
11.05.12 @ 09:24
The EU's external action service plans to spend up to €50 million on private security guards for its Afghanistan mission over the next four years.
09.03.12 @ 16:58
Catherine Ashton's foreign service is to spend €15 million on private security firms to protect diplomats in dangerous places.
News in Brief
- UKIP's poll ratings unaffected by bad press@ 10:39
- Wilders' right-hand man resigns@ 09:15
- French leader to table €50 billion savings package@ 09:00
- Syriza drops Roma candidate from European Parliament race@ 08:59
- Greece plans lower corporate tax to spur growth@ 08:58
- Finland signs Nato assistance deal@ 08:58
- Irish EU candidates face €150 fine for each poster put up early@ 08:57
- Russia says Kiev 'breaking Geneva accord' on Ukraine22'nd @ 09:19
- EU ElectionsEU elections may strengthen Putin in Europe@ 09:29
- Italian right calls for end to migrant rescue programme@ 09:29
- US to send 600 troops to Baltics, Poland amid Ukraine tensions@ 09:16
- EU ElectionsStudents should vote for pro-Erasmus MEPs@ 09:03
- OpinionWhere next after the Hungarian election?22'nd @ 16:37
- Time for EU energy union, says Polish PM22'nd @ 10:54
- EU ElectionsBelgium's biggest party has no allies in the EP22'nd @ 09:25
- EU ElectionsCzech people's party lands in hot water over anti-immigration line22'nd @ 09:25
- ACCA: European Parliament backs non financial reporting deals
- CESI: TTIP: Fears of the Unknown, Registration for CESI@noon lunch debate on Mon 28th April
- ThinkYoung: We want to listen your opinion on youth unemployment & skills mismatch
- EIPA: Summer School on EU law & its Implementation, Luxembourg, 30/06 until 11/07
- EIPA: The Infringement Procedure under Articles 258 & 260 TFEU - Luxembourg 19-20/06/14
- ACCA: New rules to improve shareholder engagement and corporate governance reporting
- European Youth Forum: Open letter to EU bodies, MS and CoE on the situation in Ukraine
- Oxfam: European overseas aid slightly increases but lags behind global trend
- EUA: Changing Landscapes in Learning and Teaching’: Report from the Annual Conference
- Regione Puglia: Capacity building course for regional officers on EU decision-making: 7-11/04