17.04.13 @ 16:47
The EU foreign service just did a U-turn on a €50mn tender for bodyguards in Kabul, with leaked documents posing questions how a British firm with a frightening track record won it in the first place.
24.04.13 @ 16:33
24.04.13 @ 16:10
22.02.13 @ 09:20
12.08.13 @ 09:28
The EU has hired G4S, the world's largest security company, to guard its diplomats in Lebanon, amid increasing violence.
30.04.13 @ 09:22
The EU diplomatic service has confirmed that British company PPS will guard its people in Gaza and the West Bank despite the firm's poor track record.
29.05.12 @ 20:50
The EU foreign service has cancelled a €10 million contract with British security firm G4S in a minor diplomatic dispute with Libya.
15.07.13 @ 09:25
MEPs have voiced concern about security arrangements at EU embassies, amid a "surprising" new decision on bodyguards in Kabul.
15.03.13 @ 09:29
British private security firm Page Group has scooped a contract to protect EU diplomats in Afghanistan, but faces delays over local tax compliance.
08.05.12 @ 14:06
The EU's foreign relations service has awarded a juicy contract to British security firm G4S in Libya despite the fact it has no permission to work there.
11.05.12 @ 09:24
The EU's external action service plans to spend up to €50 million on private security guards for its Afghanistan mission over the next four years.
09.03.12 @ 16:58
Catherine Ashton's foreign service is to spend €15 million on private security firms to protect diplomats in dangerous places.
News in Brief
- Former EU commissioner becomes Latvian president advisor@ 15:38
- Czech Jews complain about Putin visit@ 09:31
- EU must not try to make Russian economy collapse, says Austria@ 09:22
- Belarus takes drastic measures on rouble crisis@ 09:21
- Irish economy to grow 5.7 percent this year@ 09:09
- Romania's new president wants to end country's corruption@ 09:07
- Barroso: I am sure there are emergency plans for Russian economic crisis@ 09:05
- Labour in the lead ahead of UK elections@ 09:05
- CIA manual tells agents how to fool EU border guards@ 09:41
- Greek PM offers compromise on elections@ 09:29
- Report: Juncker threatened Merkel with legal action over road toll@ 09:23
- Focus'Nations talk, but cities act' on green policies@ 08:43
- Tusk praised for 'short, concise' EU summit19'th @ 16:49
- Thousands protest in Brussels against EU-US trade ageement19'th @ 16:45
- Luxembourg caves in to EU tax listing demands19'th @ 09:01
- Merkel: EU strategy is to maintain Russia sanctions19'th @ 01:36
- Jan Philipp Albrecht: Study on Data Retention after the Judgement of the Court of Justice of the European Union
- Cecilia Wikström: EU Governments must come clean on CIA torture programme
- Tonino Picula: Georgia needs support of the European Union today!
- Michael Theurer: Noch mehr Schulden sind nicht der Ausweg aus der Schuldenfalle!
- Eva Paunova: Granted JA-YE and AmCham EU Youth Entrepreneurship Award
- Tonino Picula: The youngest European state deserves future in EU, I said to FMA after visiting Kosovo
- Eva Paunova: Meets US Chief negotiator on TTIP during diplomatic visit in Washington DC
- Jerzy Buzek: Congratulations to the town Kisielice for winning the EU 2014 ManagEnergy Award
- Victor Negrescu: S&D40 members meeting with the leader of the S&D Group, Gianni Pitella
- Jan Philipp Albrecht: Digital market/Google: MEPs fail to focus consumer rights and net neutrality
- Access Now: U.S. pushing to undermine net neutrality & privacy in major trade agreements
- Carbon Market Watch: Carbon offsets from Alberta’s tar sands jeopardize EU fuel rules
- Counter Balance: Juncker's investment offensive targets dodgy projects, new stories everyday
- EBF: Downward trend in bank robberies continues
- EBF: Adoption of fourth EU Anti-Money Laundering Directive
- COFACE: News - December 2014
- Oxfam: EU executives’ fixation with private sector compromises commitment to poor people
- Martens Centre: 5 reasons why the end of South Stream should mark the start of Energy Union
- Dialogue Platform: Calls for release of journalists detained in Turkey
- EMHRN: Egypt: Const. Committee Testify to Baselessness of Charges in Shura Council Case