17.04.13 @ 16:47
The EU foreign service just did a U-turn on a €50mn tender for bodyguards in Kabul, with leaked documents posing questions how a British firm with a frightening track record won it in the first place.
24.04.13 @ 16:33
24.04.13 @ 16:10
22.02.13 @ 09:20
12.08.13 @ 09:28
The EU has hired G4S, the world's largest security company, to guard its diplomats in Lebanon, amid increasing violence.
30.04.13 @ 09:22
The EU diplomatic service has confirmed that British company PPS will guard its people in Gaza and the West Bank despite the firm's poor track record.
29.05.12 @ 20:50
The EU foreign service has cancelled a €10 million contract with British security firm G4S in a minor diplomatic dispute with Libya.
15.07.13 @ 09:25
MEPs have voiced concern about security arrangements at EU embassies, amid a "surprising" new decision on bodyguards in Kabul.
15.03.13 @ 09:29
British private security firm Page Group has scooped a contract to protect EU diplomats in Afghanistan, but faces delays over local tax compliance.
08.05.12 @ 14:06
The EU's foreign relations service has awarded a juicy contract to British security firm G4S in Libya despite the fact it has no permission to work there.
11.05.12 @ 09:24
The EU's external action service plans to spend up to €50 million on private security guards for its Afghanistan mission over the next four years.
09.03.12 @ 16:58
Catherine Ashton's foreign service is to spend €15 million on private security firms to protect diplomats in dangerous places.
News in Brief
- Juncker elected EPP's top candidate for commission presidency@ 16:01
- Ten EU countries want Ukraine mission@ 13:40
- Centre-right group adopts election manifesto@ 13:04
- Centre-right leaders say Ukraine has a shot at EU membership@ 13:03
- Russian ambassador pours scorn on EU 'freezes'@ 10:27
- Cuba accepts offer to restore EU relations@ 09:23
- Spain spends millions to keep immigrants out@ 09:23
- Erdogan threatens to ban YouTube and Facebook@ 09:22
- EU ElectionsJuncker elected centre-right's top EU candidate7'th @ 19:12
- Edward Snowden wants asylum in EU7'th @ 19:04
- OpinionOn 'doing' Ukraine7'th @ 18:38
- Centre-right leaders give Ukraine hope of EU membership7'th @ 17:56
- Stiglitz: ECB should scrap inflation targets7'th @ 09:34
- Transparency group pushes for stronger whistleblower laws7'th @ 09:28
- 'Putin will go as far as the West allows him to'7'th @ 09:19
- EU ElectionsAustrian far-right set for strong showing in EU vote7'th @ 08:58
- COFACE: and COFACE-Disability on the occasion of International Women’s Day
- Irradiare: EU workshop on biomethane – markets, value chains and applications
- Counter Balance: Take a virtual lobby tour through the heart of the EU
- EMHRN: International Women’s Day: Violence rises, impunity prevails
- EuFoA: Latest paper "EU-Armenia relations: future developments & prospects" published
- Greenpeace: EU energy ministers should get back in the saddle on climate & energy policy
- SUPERHUB: Join us at CeBIT 2014 Hannover the largest fair showcasing IT and telecom solutions
- COFACE: Less than 100 days to go to #EP2014. Need more info ? Sign up for #FamiliesVOTE2014
- EMHRN: Syrian Rights Groups to the Human Rights Council: Stop Violence against Women in Syria!
- EIPA: Efficiency and Quality of Justice Luxembourg, 27-28 March 2014