17.04.13 @ 16:47
The EU foreign service just did a U-turn on a €50mn tender for bodyguards in Kabul, with leaked documents posing questions how a British firm with a frightening track record won it in the first place.
24.04.13 @ 16:33
24.04.13 @ 16:10
22.02.13 @ 09:20
12.08.13 @ 09:28
The EU has hired G4S, the world's largest security company, to guard its diplomats in Lebanon, amid increasing violence.
30.04.13 @ 09:22
The EU diplomatic service has confirmed that British company PPS will guard its people in Gaza and the West Bank despite the firm's poor track record.
29.05.12 @ 20:50
The EU foreign service has cancelled a €10 million contract with British security firm G4S in a minor diplomatic dispute with Libya.
15.07.13 @ 09:25
MEPs have voiced concern about security arrangements at EU embassies, amid a "surprising" new decision on bodyguards in Kabul.
15.03.13 @ 09:29
British private security firm Page Group has scooped a contract to protect EU diplomats in Afghanistan, but faces delays over local tax compliance.
08.05.12 @ 14:06
The EU's foreign relations service has awarded a juicy contract to British security firm G4S in Libya despite the fact it has no permission to work there.
11.05.12 @ 09:24
The EU's external action service plans to spend up to €50 million on private security guards for its Afghanistan mission over the next four years.
09.03.12 @ 16:58
Catherine Ashton's foreign service is to spend €15 million on private security firms to protect diplomats in dangerous places.
News in Brief
- Swiss economy flatlines@ 16:36
- Scotland independence vote narrows@ 08:44
- EU draft report critical of Turkey@ 08:43
- Eurozone manufacturing hits 13-month low@ 08:34
- Greek troika talks in Paris@ 08:32
- Swedish anti-immigrant party set for big gains@ 08:31
- Putin told Barroso he could 'take Kiev in two weeks'1'st @ 18:58
- New EU foreign policy chief criticises Putin1'st @ 18:48
- Mogherini backs Western Balkan enlargement@ 20:29
- France wants to create new EU migration post@ 16:34
- Juncker starts interviews for new EU commission@ 13:41
- Berlin-Paris tensions re-emerge as ECB ponders stimulus@ 09:29
- New EU appointees speak out against Russia@ 09:24
- Who is Tusk and what does he mean for the EU?1'st @ 18:44
- Cameron faces new EU referendum backlash1'st @ 09:22
- OpinionWhy America is recovering, but Europe is not - Part II1'st @ 09:17
- Counter Balance: Azerbaijan political prisoners list published with reports authors on it
- Centre Maurits Coppieters: Dinner-debate on Iraq’s Kurdistan and prospects for Peace
- EUA: EU 2015 Budget negotiations: EUA warns against making cuts to research payments
- EPSU: New Commission must end corporate dominance of EU expert groups
- Martens Centre: Register now for the event “A Changing Eastern Neighbourhood”
- Martens Centre: Register now for event on 9 Sept: Banking and Monetary Union 2014-2019
- EuFoA: Tension rises in Nagorno-Karabakh as ceasefire negotiations are underway
- ACCA: Supports a coherent EU Single Market as to the balance of competences in the UK
- EIPA: Preparing for New EPSO Competitions: Luxembourg, 08 September 2014
- EIPA: Tools for Implementation of EU Policies at National Level. Luxembourg, 22-25/ 09/ 2014