17.04.13 @ 16:47
The EU foreign service just did a U-turn on a €50mn tender for bodyguards in Kabul, with leaked documents posing questions how a British firm with a frightening track record won it in the first place.
24.04.13 @ 16:33
24.04.13 @ 16:10
22.02.13 @ 09:20
12.08.13 @ 09:28
The EU has hired G4S, the world's largest security company, to guard its diplomats in Lebanon, amid increasing violence.
30.04.13 @ 09:22
The EU diplomatic service has confirmed that British company PPS will guard its people in Gaza and the West Bank despite the firm's poor track record.
29.05.12 @ 20:50
The EU foreign service has cancelled a €10 million contract with British security firm G4S in a minor diplomatic dispute with Libya.
15.07.13 @ 09:25
MEPs have voiced concern about security arrangements at EU embassies, amid a "surprising" new decision on bodyguards in Kabul.
15.03.13 @ 09:29
British private security firm Page Group has scooped a contract to protect EU diplomats in Afghanistan, but faces delays over local tax compliance.
08.05.12 @ 14:06
The EU's foreign relations service has awarded a juicy contract to British security firm G4S in Libya despite the fact it has no permission to work there.
11.05.12 @ 09:24
The EU's external action service plans to spend up to €50 million on private security guards for its Afghanistan mission over the next four years.
09.03.12 @ 16:58
Catherine Ashton's foreign service is to spend €15 million on private security firms to protect diplomats in dangerous places.
News in Brief
- Lithuanian TV reluctant to show LGBT rights ad@ 09:17
- Italy approves arming Kurds, as Renzi visits Iraq@ 09:16
- Germany ready to arm Iraqi Kurds@ 09:15
- North Sea oil disputed in Scottish referendum campaign@ 09:14
- Galileo launches two more satellites@ 09:14
- Ukrainian parliament to ratify EU deal in September@ 08:08
- Commission to decide on Polish WTO claim in 'coming weeks'20'th @ 17:43
- Russian food ban could cost EU €6.7bn, ING forecasts20'th @ 14:10
- Scottish EU membership 'not in serious doubt'@ 09:28
- Russia relaxes EU food ban, counts costs@ 09:27
- Poland demands WTO challenge over Russia food ban20'th @ 07:45
- Tobacco lobbying warped EU law, British scientists 'prove'20'th @ 07:37
- EU justice chief criticises Google on 'right to be forgotten'19'th @ 09:30
- Merkel sets limits to Nato solidarity with Baltic states19'th @ 09:21
- AnalysisWhat the leaked EU-Canada trade paper means for TTIP18'th @ 17:47
- EU sets aside €125mn to stabilise food prices18'th @ 17:29
- EuFoA: Tension rises in Nagorno-Karabakh as ceasefire negotiations are underway
- EEAS: Statement on the downing of Malaysia Airlines flight. In memoriam of Pim de Kuijer
- IFSBH: Join our new initiative: People United for Spina Bifida and Hydrocephalus!
- ACCA: Supports a coherent EU Single Market as to the balance of competences in the UK
- EIPA: Preparing for New EPSO Competitions: Luxembourg, 08 September 2014
- EIPA: Tools for Implementation of EU Policies at National Level. Luxembourg, 22-25/ 09/ 2014
- EPHA: 5th Annual Conference 4-5 September 2014, Brussels
- Centre Maurits Coppieters: Launches a new youtube channel
- ACCA: Implementing the New European Accounting Directive: Making the right choices
- UNESDA: Impact of food taxes on public health inconclusive and contradictory as per EC study