17.04.13 @ 16:47
The EU foreign service just did a U-turn on a €50mn tender for bodyguards in Kabul, with leaked documents posing questions how a British firm with a frightening track record won it in the first place.
24.04.13 @ 16:33
24.04.13 @ 16:10
22.02.13 @ 09:20
12.08.13 @ 09:28
The EU has hired G4S, the world's largest security company, to guard its diplomats in Lebanon, amid increasing violence.
30.04.13 @ 09:22
The EU diplomatic service has confirmed that British company PPS will guard its people in Gaza and the West Bank despite the firm's poor track record.
29.05.12 @ 20:50
The EU foreign service has cancelled a €10 million contract with British security firm G4S in a minor diplomatic dispute with Libya.
15.07.13 @ 09:25
MEPs have voiced concern about security arrangements at EU embassies, amid a "surprising" new decision on bodyguards in Kabul.
15.03.13 @ 09:29
British private security firm Page Group has scooped a contract to protect EU diplomats in Afghanistan, but faces delays over local tax compliance.
08.05.12 @ 14:06
The EU's foreign relations service has awarded a juicy contract to British security firm G4S in Libya despite the fact it has no permission to work there.
11.05.12 @ 09:24
The EU's external action service plans to spend up to €50 million on private security guards for its Afghanistan mission over the next four years.
09.03.12 @ 16:58
Catherine Ashton's foreign service is to spend €15 million on private security firms to protect diplomats in dangerous places.
News in Brief
- EU and Ukrainian parliaments ratify treaty16'th @ 12:38
- Italy has rescued 23,000 migrants in territorial waters since October16'th @ 11:47
- Van Rompuy to take up teaching post16'th @ 09:18
- Nobel prize winner: Putin makes me sick16'th @ 09:17
- Kiev offers special status to eastern regions16'th @ 09:03
- Pro-EU Ukrainians outraged by trade deal delay16'th @ 09:01
- London leaders in last-minute pledge to Scotland16'th @ 09:00
- Boost for anti-IS coalition at French meeting15'th @ 17:41
- Ukraine gives rebels 'special status', ratifies EU treaty@ 15:22
- EU struggling to cope with Russia food ban@ 13:26
- OpinionThe road ahead for an independent Scotland@ 12:43
- Big and small MEPs jostle in EU parliament@ 09:29
- EU urges stronger Ebola response from member states@ 09:26
- Nato describes Russia and Islamic State as main threats15'th @ 16:02
- Sweden swings to left, far-right party surges to third place15'th @ 10:55
- MEPs threaten budget suspension over transparency15'th @ 09:29
- EBF: Tax Conference to review G20 talks on Automatic Exchange
- EuFoA: Basque Parliament recognizes Nagorno-Karabakh self-determination
- Europeche: EU fishing sector demands responsible and committed future Commissioner
- Eurocommerce: ECJ judgment on MasterCard: a great victory for EU consumers & retailers
- ACCA: The new Commission has the right credentials for the challenges faced by the EU
- Counter Balance: What perspectives on the Project Bond Initiative
- EBF: EBF statement on the Juncker Commission
- Counter Balance: Corporate interest on way to win over the EU banks transparency policy
- EBF: European banks – EBF statement on financial transaction tax
- DIESIS: COMETA Final Conference: 18/09, Brussels: discover the project’s results and tools