17.04.13 @ 16:47
The EU foreign service just did a U-turn on a €50mn tender for bodyguards in Kabul, with leaked documents posing questions how a British firm with a frightening track record won it in the first place.
24.04.13 @ 16:33
24.04.13 @ 16:10
22.02.13 @ 09:20
12.08.13 @ 09:28
The EU has hired G4S, the world's largest security company, to guard its diplomats in Lebanon, amid increasing violence.
30.04.13 @ 09:22
The EU diplomatic service has confirmed that British company PPS will guard its people in Gaza and the West Bank despite the firm's poor track record.
29.05.12 @ 20:50
The EU foreign service has cancelled a €10 million contract with British security firm G4S in a minor diplomatic dispute with Libya.
15.07.13 @ 09:25
MEPs have voiced concern about security arrangements at EU embassies, amid a "surprising" new decision on bodyguards in Kabul.
15.03.13 @ 09:29
British private security firm Page Group has scooped a contract to protect EU diplomats in Afghanistan, but faces delays over local tax compliance.
08.05.12 @ 14:06
The EU's foreign relations service has awarded a juicy contract to British security firm G4S in Libya despite the fact it has no permission to work there.
11.05.12 @ 09:24
The EU's external action service plans to spend up to €50 million on private security guards for its Afghanistan mission over the next four years.
09.03.12 @ 16:58
Catherine Ashton's foreign service is to spend €15 million on private security firms to protect diplomats in dangerous places.
News in Brief
- Hungary nominates foreign minister for commissioner post@ 19:22
- Nato: Over 12,000 Russian troops on Ukraine border@ 18:30
- Russian central bank to help blacklisted banks@ 14:15
- Russia to ban Polish fruit and vegetable imports@ 12:54
- EU boosts Syria aid@ 09:12
- Moldova to receive €101 million in EU funds@ 09:11
- EU government ransom money bankrolls terrorists@ 09:06
- Former Catalan president in tax evasion scandal@ 09:05
- EU blacklists three Putin 'cronies'@ 21:59
- Ebola risk in Europe 'extremely low'@ 19:17
- US joins EU on Russia economic sanctions@ 09:28
- EU to 'scrutinise' Cameron's migrant benefits plan@ 09:15
- EU approves economic sanctions on Russia29'th @ 19:52
- Ex-Kosovo paramilitaries face war crimes indictment29'th @ 17:31
- OpinionStopping the wave of asylum seekers means fixing Libya29'th @ 16:10
- Obama, EU leaders agree on Russia sanctions29'th @ 09:28
- EEAS: Statement on the downing of Malaysia Airlines flight. In memoriam of Pim de Kuijer
- IFSBH: Join our new initiative: People United for Spina Bifida and Hydrocephalus!
- ACCA: Supports a coherent EU Single Market as to the balance of competences in the UK
- EIPA: Preparing for New EPSO Competitions: Luxembourg, 08 September 2014
- EIPA: Tools for Implementation of EU Policies at National Level. Luxembourg, 22-25/ 09/ 2014
- EPHA: 5th Annual Conference 4-5 September 2014, Brussels | Register before 31st July
- Centre Maurits Coppieters: Launches a new youtube channel
- ACCA: Implementing the New European Accounting Directive: Making the right choices
- UNESDA: Impact of food taxes on public health inconclusive and contradictory as per EC study
- European Federalist Party: Juncker is the 1st elected European Commission President