The EU parliament is set to say that all plans to explore shale gas drilling will have to undergo environmental impact audits.
Belgium prime minister Charles Michel said he was not able to sign Ceta because of a veto by Wallonia and other French-speaking entities. But an EU-Canada summit could still take place this week.
Renzi wrong-footed Germany on Russia sanctions at the EU summit, but leaders have to grin and bear him for now due to a risky referendum.
There is no silver bullet for decarbonising transport. Reaching the EU's most ambitious targets will take time and a lot of money.
For good or ill, the shale gas revolution in the United States has turned the global energy market on its head.
The debate in Brussels over how to develop viable alternatives to petrol and diesel boils down to a version of an age-old question: what comes first, the chicken or the egg?
Most governments agree that we should use less oil. Less clear is how to do it.
The logic behind a European Commission's proposal on energy taxation is based on the concept of "fuel neutrality" but it could hurt alternative fuels the most.
The EU parliament has capped the amount of crop-based biofuels that can be used to reach EU energy targets amid environmental fears.
- Draft Bill for a 2nd Scottish Independence Referendum
- Calls on European Council to Address Plight of Refugee and Migrant Children
- Join us on 9-10 November in Brussels and Discover the new EU Digital Landscape
- Can you Hear me now? Verizon’s Opportunity to Stand for Global Users
- Meaningful Dialogue Missing Not Only in the Balkans, but Throughout Europe
- EU Fishing Sector Celebrates Sustainably Sourced Seafood in EU Parliament
- Women and Girls Urge EU Leadership to Help end Gender-based Violence
- Is Jihadism Blind Spot of Western Intellectuals ? Wednesday 26 October
- Get the Latest News and Updates on the Belgrade Security Forum @BelSecForum
- Master Crowdsourcing, Crowdfunding and Innovation! Conference 21 November - 10% Discount Code CSWEU16
- EU Parliament's Roadmap for Relations with Iran a Massive Missed Opportunity
- Fish Skin on Bare Skin: Turning Fish Waste into Sustainable Fashion
- May struggles to contain Brexit angst
- The City is right to be worried
- Car lobby pushing for leniency in EU emissions law
- Belgian veto leaves EU-Canada deal in limbo
- Renzi plays games with EU-Russia sanctions
- Unleashing the sharing economy
- French begin dismantling Calais migrant camp
- May extends Brexit olive branch
- Opportunities From the Creation of Synergies at Local Level in the Energy Transition
- FinTech Boom Needs Strong Guidance to Navigate Regulatory Hurdles
- Why the Investment Plan for Europe Does not Drive the Sustainable Energy Transition
- The Nordic Region Seeks to Make Its Voice Heard in the World
- Countries Voice Support for Taiwan's Participation in ICAO
- Did You Know Europe's Largest Dinosaur Gallery Is in Brussels? Check It Out Now
- Human Rights in Uzbekistan After Karimov - Joint Statement
- Cloud Infrastructure Providers Unveil Data Protection Code of Conduct
- Messages of Hope From the Basque Country and Galicia
- Digital Rights Heroes & Villains. Who Protects Your Rights, Who Wants to Take Them Away