The EU parliament is set to say that all plans to explore shale gas drilling will have to undergo environmental impact audits.
Alexander Van der Bellen, who won by just 31,000 ballots, will not have an easy task reconciling a divided country wih a far-righ that remains on the rise.
German chancellor after meeting with the Turkish president, said it was likely that conditions would not be met by 1 July as agreed in the EU-Turkey migrant deal.
There is no silver bullet for decarbonising transport. Reaching the EU's most ambitious targets will take time and a lot of money.
For good or ill, the shale gas revolution in the United States has turned the global energy market on its head.
The debate in Brussels over how to develop viable alternatives to petrol and diesel boils down to a version of an age-old question: what comes first, the chicken or the egg?
Most governments agree that we should use less oil. Less clear is how to do it.
The logic behind a European Commission's proposal on energy taxation is based on the concept of "fuel neutrality" but it could hurt alternative fuels the most.
The EU parliament has capped the amount of crop-based biofuels that can be used to reach EU energy targets amid environmental fears.
- New rules for posted workers - Better Protection or the End of Posting ?
- Meet MIT Technology Review's Innovators Under 35 Award Recipients from Belgium on 25 May, 6pm
- Join the Brussels Brexit Debate on Wednesday, 25 May at 5:00 PM
- Why The EU Needs to Put Children at the Centre of Emergencies - In Their Words
- Sustainability Reporting in Danger of Losing Its Momentum Says ACCA and CDSB
- Webinar on 25 May - Electric Vehicles Development: The Role of Local Entities
- Diversity as Heritage of Humanity! Join the “Colors of the World“ Show at the EP
- New Responses to the Basque Peace Process? MEP Juaristi on Stateless Challenges Conference
- Improving Cardiovascular Health Begins by Closing the Gap in Sex Disparities
- Brussels Talks to Take Stock of Human Rights in Turkmenistan
- Cash-based Programming to Address Hunger in South Sudan:
- Open Call for Applications! Join the Events Team at the 6th Belgrade Security Forum.
- Austria vote is wake-up call for EU left
- Poland vows solution to judicial crisis
- Terrorists likely stockpiling explosives in EU, says Europol
- EU navies to help Libya coastguard stop migrants
- Merkel casts doubt on Turkey visa-free travel
- EU and Poland in last minute talks on rule of law
- Tough challenges ahead for Austria's president
- Search for VW compensation larger in EU than in US